How to connect a phone to a TV?
Many smartphone users periodically have a desire to connect their phone to the TV. The reasons can be completely different-watching a video on a big screen, showing a photo with relaxation to friends or demonstrating their incredible skills in some mobile game.
There are many ways to connect the phone to the TV, but each of them has its own characteristics and requirements. In one case, you need a Smart TV, in the other-a phone with MHL support, in the third-Wi-Fi in the apartment, in the fourth-additional equipment, and so on. Tasks may also differ-playing media content from a telephone on a TV, broadcasting a video from the Internet on Wi-Fi, or a display of images from a smartphone screen to a TV. I hope that at least one of the ways described below is suitable for you.
What is needed to connect
Three things will be needed in total: TV, Android devices and Micro USB (USB Type-C) Cable for connecting, sometimes MHL adapter may be required. The smartphone necessary for the successful synchronization of the driver, as a rule, loads it independently, but in some cases a manual installation will be required.
Connect via a USB-integse
- Go to the phone settings, open the “Parameters for Developers” tab. Turn on USB debugging mode.
- If the section for developers is not available-open the data “On the device” and click on the “Nuclear version” item for 3-5 seconds. There will be a notification that the developer’s parameters are now available.
- Follow the gadget with TV using micro-USB cable. Android will indicate a notification that the battery charging process has begun.
- On the remote control from TV, click on the “Source” or “Signal Source” button. Select Android device.
- Installation of drivers and necessary software usually takes no more than a minute. After completing the process, go to work with the gadget.
Important! If the drivers are not installed automatically, they load them from the official website of the manufacturer and handle it by hand through a flash drive or micro sD Memory card. Look for more detailed information in the instructions.
Connection using HDMI
Some old tablets models are equipped with a Mini-HDMI connector, but in most cases, this intenses do not install on smartphones. The connection of modern gadgets is possible using micro-USB-HDMI adapter, it is called MHL adapter. This method allows not only to view high.quality video (Full HD) on TV, but also to fully transmit files between the mobile device and TV.
- Connect the device with TV using HDMI cable. In most cases, no additional settings will have to be made.
- On the remote control, press the Source button and select the HDMI source. Synchronization usually takes a few seconds.
We use Wi-Fi
Synchronization via Wi-Fi is not much different from transmitting multimedia files via Bluetooth.
- Open the gadget settings and go to the Wi-Fi tab. Tap to the wireless network switch.
- Click on the Troetogo in the upper right corner of the screen, then “additional parameters”.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Direct tab. This function is used to direct Android direct conjugation with other devices.
- Open the Smart-TV menu by pressing the corresponding button. Go to the “Network” section.
Important! On different models, the section can have similar, but not the same name.
- Find the item “Wi-Fi Direct” and turn it on. Scanning will begin, usually occupying no more than 5-10 seconds. A list of devices available for conjugation will appear. Select your phone and click “Connect”. The gadget will be synchronized.
How to connect a phone to a TV via Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct is a wireless connection standard that makes it possible to connect a smartphone with a TV without using an intermediate link in the form of a router. It makes it possible to transfer files to a large screen, sitting in front of it on the couch, without any additional equipment.
In order to use Wi-Fi Direct, you must first activate the appropriate opportunity on a TV with technology support-usually it is hidden in wireless parameters. After that, you need to go to the “settings” of your smartphone, find the point of the same name, which can be hidden in the advanced Wi-Fi parameters, and choose a device for connecting, focusing on the name of the TV. After that, you can transfer files and even use repetition of the screen. The latter is especially convenient if you do not just need to show the last photos on the big screen.
Officially, the Wi-Fi Direct function also works on the iPhone. However, its use will require additional software, which most often works extremely unstable. For example, I personally tried the IMediaShare application, which is recommended on the official website, and it often refused to work at all, so it is still better to find another way to connect to the TV for the iPhone. over, it is also important to note that the Wi-Fi Direct function is not supported by all TVs-it will be possible to check this through the settings for their wireless connection parameters.
- Additional equipment is most likely not needed;
- a wide range of supported TVs and smartphones;
- The possibility of repeating the smartphone screen on the TV.
- cannot be fully used on the iPhone;
- Security experts also note that Wi-Fi Direct is relatively easy to use to intercept translated data.
USB connection connection
Consider the process of connecting more details. Here, of course, there are some nuances. It is important that the devices should be compatible between each other. To connect the phone to the TV via a USB cable, we will take a few simple steps. To work, we need the following devices:
- smartphone or tablet;
- The USB standard cable, it can be part of the charger or be in the starting kit with the phone. The cable is usually used to transmit data on PC;
- The presence of a suitable port on TV. Most TV USB has a widespread port, for example, in modern LG or Phillips models.
So, the course of work looks as follows:
- We connect a cable to a specially prepared USB port of our TV.
- We turn on the TV, we are waiting for the loading of its Inte Wee.
- Now that the monitor is turned on, connect the gadget to the second USB cable connector. We will wait
- sound signal from the gadget.
- The smartphone will give out a small notice or open the settings. There will be a window in front of our eyes with a request for connection, as well as a string of selection of parameters.
- In the line we choose the item “mode of operation as a drive”. We choose the same point by connecting the gadget to PC for data transfer.
- At TV we will go to sources settings and click on the option “USB Adapter”. Now the smartphone will be perceived by him as a standard medium of information: a flash memory or a removable hard drive. Check if the data is determined and whether the smartphone is connected.
Of course, the performance of the method will depend on the gadget, the TV itself, their system support and compatibility. If the method did not work, then you can always try others. For example, connection using HDMI. There will be much more opportunities here. This connection for gadgets from Samsung is especially convenient. There is also an option of wireless connection via Wi-Fi, which significantly increases the convenience of data transmission.
What needs to be done?
Take the cable, insert it into the USB port, which is on the TV. He looks like this:
There can be several USB ports on the TV.
The second side connect the cable to the USB port of a smartphone. When the device connection occurs, your mobile gadget will give a charge signal. This is a good sign.
Now turn on the TV. If it is already turned on, take the remote control and click on the Source button, then select the connected phone.
When using the early version of Android in a smartphone, you can immediately see the smartphone file system, which suggests that the connection happened successfully.
In more fresh Android (6.0 and above) First you need to unlock the display and confirm the connection. Example. based on the smartphone Huawei/Honor.
Immediately after connecting the device, a choice should appear on the screen, in this case you need to select “File transfer” if you need a smartphone file system, that is, you want, for example, watch a video.
If you want to see only the photo, feel free to choose “Photo Transfer”.
If nothing appears, make the swipe from the upper part of the screen to the bottom, then click on the line “Charging by USB”.
What to choose, you decide from circumstances. If you don’t know, choose “file transfer”. you will not be mistaken.
And if a smartphone file system appears in front of you, you can only congratulate you.
What to do?
With the first three devices you are probably well familiar, but few people know what MHL adapter is. We will analyze in more detail.
USB to HDMI On Any Android phone! Screen mirror on your monitor or TV.
In order to connect a smartphone and a TV by means of an HDMI cable, the HDMI port should be on the TV, and the Microhdmi port in the smartphone, and you need the appropriate cable. The problem is that only a small number of smartphones has the presence of a port of Microhdmi. manufacturers simply do not see the point in its installation, because it makes the device more expensive, and takes an extra place in the case. This port is on a smartphone, it looks like a microUSB port, but they are similar only externally (for example, BlackBerry Z10):
If your smartphone does not have a microhdmi port, you probably think that it is impossible to connect it to the TV. This, fortunately, is wrong. Some time ago, the Mobile High-Definition Link technology appeared or, abbreviated, MHL. MHL is an integrate standard that combines the functionality of HDMI and MicroUSB integrations. In other words, using this excellent technology, you can connect a smartphone to a TV using HDMI technology using a special adapter. There is also a MHL cable. The difference is that the adapter works from external power, but the cable does not require additional power.
In its case there is also an additional port of MicroUSB to obtain power.
So, in order to connect a smartphone to a TV using HDMI technology, you need to connect the MHL-adapter to the smartphone. Then a regular HDMI cable is connected to the adapter. The second side of the HDMI cable connects to the TV-on its rear or side wall you can find a port or ports for connecting.
Connected? Amazing. Now it all depends on the TV model. There are models where when connecting to the port of the HDMI cable, the picture from the device that you just connected is automatically turned on. If this does not happen, pick up the TV remote control, press the Source button and select the HDMI section.
After that you will see a picture from your smartphone. Everything that is shown on his display, you will see on the TV screen. You can watch a movie or even play games. Very comfortably!
Just remember that in some cases it is worth completely turning off the screen turning off on the smartphone or set the maximum possible time, otherwise its display will turn off with a simple.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated in the connection, but it is necessary to stock up on the MHL adapter in advance. Of course, only if your smartphone does not have a separate port Microhdmi.
We connect a smartphone to the TV via USB cable
Perhaps this is the easiest way to connect a smartphone and TV. The only condition here will be the presence of a USB port by the TV and the possibility of using it to read external drives. For connection, any food wire with the corresponding connectors used in the smartphone is suitable. For connection, install the wires, and on the TV select the corresponding point of display menu of connected devices.
Indeed, the smartphone will be defined as an external storage (in a simple flash drive). Viewing will be available only those files that are saved in the internal memory of the smartphone.
This method is not entirely convenient, because gadgets will always be connected by wires, and their length is not always comfortable. And reproduction is possible only saved files.
We connect a smartphone to the TV via HDMI cable
exotic, but more functional, the method of connecting a smartphone to a TV. Like the previous method, the wire is used, but with completely different connectors. And besides, HDMI should be installed on the TV, although in modern gadgets it is used everywhere.
So what we need. USB Type-C-HDMI or corresponding adapter capable of converting this signal. It should be borne in mind that when connecting the TV screen, not only the picture will be displayed, but also the sound. And the smartphone itself will not be defined as an external medium of information, but as a signal source. Therefore, after connecting a smartphone on the TV, you need to select the corresponding signal source and you may have to change the resolution.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV via DLNA Inte Wee
Again, a rather exotic way to combine not only a smartphone and TV, but, for example, a computer in a common network. But here, again, there is a condition under which a special router will be required to view the output content and is possible software with DLNA support.
All gadgets planned to output should be posted in one common home network, and the TV support the DLNA function, otherwise you will have to use an additional router with this support.
The management of the output content is possible only from the transmitter. So, for example, on the smartphone we open the corresponding folder or file and indicate the final device for the output of the image.
Expanded possibilities of using this method can be implemented using the Bubbleupnp application media, which can be downloaded from Google Play.
Connection via Wi-Fi Direct
Temporarily leave the wires and try a wireless connection. For connection, any modern smartphone on the Android operating system and compatible with Wi-Fi Direct TV.
The point is that the smartphone connects directly to the TV creating a common network with an access point, and the selected information is displayed from the smartphone. The setting will not cause special problems and you just need to search for a smartphone in the corresponding television menu item, for example, “Wireless Connections / Wi-Fi Direct”. After searching for connecting a smartphone, you may need to enter the code displayed on the TV. This method will be relevant if you have a Smart TV.
But if your TV is old and does not support Smart functions, you will have to connect through a special adapter installed in the HDMI Port of TV. In addition, additional power is required from USB. Next, the connection is quite simple, after searching for the device, select it as the main one and search for a smartphone.
Connection via Chromecast
The method is similar to the previous one, but in this case, the prefix from Google is involved. To connect, you can use smartphones with Android or iOS operating systems. The prefix is connected to the HDMI TV connector and allows you to display the image in FullHD or even 4K format. To display the image on the smartphone, you will have to install the Google Home branded application or similar to the “apple” smartphone.
Connection of the iPhone smartphone to a TV via AirPlay
This technology is applicable only to Apple devices and allows you to transmit a signal without loss by quality. To connect, you will need a TV support for AirPlay technology, and it is built into some models. Otherwise you have to buy the appropriate prefix from Apple. After a fairly simple connection of devices during viewing on the smartphone, you can click on the “Repeat of the screen” button and the image will be on the TV.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV via the Tap View Inte Wee
HOW TO CONNECT ANDROID PHONE TO NON SMART TV|HDTV CABLE
This possibility of output of images is subject only to smartphones from Samsung and TVs of the same manufacturer. To connect and transmit data on the connected gadgets, you will have to install the SMARTTHINGS branded application. This method is applicable only to modern televisions of the manufacturer and is supported by Tu7000 models and more.
There is another way to display the image, but it is involved only in YouTube video hosting. When connecting a smartphone and a Smart TV to a common account, it becomes possible to display the image on the screen. But as practice shows, this applies only to modern gadgets.
What way to choose to connect your gadget decide. Will you use obsolete connection methods via wire connection, use additional adapters or wireless method. Much will depend on how modern your devices are, because technologies do not stand still and every year the unification will be easier.
Through the technology Miracast
Miracast is a technology for duplication of an image that allows you to duplicate the entire process on the TV from your device. In this case, no cables are required, everything is carried out on a wireless network. It is only necessary that this technology be on the TV and smartphone. As a rule, in most modern smartphones it is. She was introduced from Android 4.2.
Consider the connection on the example of the LG TV.
- We go on TV in “Menu”. Next, we find a “connection manager” there and in the general list we select “smartphone” or “tablet”. Now you need to select the “General access to the screen” tab. As soon as you click, see the inscription Miracast. Click on the start tab. Everything, on the TV, the setting is over.
- We proceed to activation of technology on our smartphone. We go to the “Settings” and we are looking for the item “”. There will be a widi item here. Click on him. In the list you will see your TV already. Click on it and wait for the device to connect. As soon as the conjugation is installed, you will see a smartphone duplication on the screen and you can run games, applications, go online, etc.D.
It will also be possible to connect a gamepad, for example, either a keyboard, and make a full computer out of your Android smartphone.