Xiaomi Mi Band 4 does not turn on: after discharging and flashing
Xiaomi Mi band 4 screen won’t turn on? This problem occurs, but is rare. The new Xiaomi Mi band 4 bracelet may not turn on immediately after purchase or after a while. Users of Mi band type bracelets have problems that Mi band 4 does not turn on after discharging or the screen does not work. Usually, these problems are not difficult to solve, if the matter is not in damage to the electronics of the bracelet.
Fitness bracelet Xiaomi Mi Band 4 does not turn on
After purchasing the device, it does not turn on, which is understandable. the battery of new bracelets is completely discharged. Very rarely, a tracker can be factory defective and delivered already broken. How to distinguish the normal phenomenon of failure from work with a breakdown? Reasons that Xiaomi Mi band 4 does not turn on:
- Lack of battery power. Prolonged lack of connection to the network can completely bring the battery to zero charge.
- Bracelets of yesteryear, such as the Xiaomi Mi band 2 and Xiaomi Mi band 3, were characterized by fragile displays and there were problems with them. However, the new brand’s displays promise to be more durable.
- Malfunction of the device and marriage, if the tracker is charged, but does not turn on. Here you need to apply for a return under warranty or to a service center.
Discharged and does not turn on
To check the functionality and normal electrical capacity of the battery, you need to connect the bracelet to the charger. You can connect using a USD cable and charge from a laptop. If the power system is working properly, the display will show the current charge level, which means that the bracelet is working properly. After 1.5-2 hours of charging, the tracker will be ready for use.
If the result is negative, it is necessary to check the serviceability using the algorithm:
- The battery could simply go into a state of long non-charging, so you need to leave it charging for a long time. On older Mi Band models, this action helped.
- If the display breaks down, you should connect the tracker to your smartphone and sync. The start of work is signaled by vibration. Therefore, the point is not at all in the battery, but in the marriage of the display, as already mentioned earlier.
- The fitness bracelet does not work completely and here it will already be possible to exchange it under warranty, or return money for it. The warranty case takes place if the breakdown occurred due to the fault of the manufacturer and not the buyer.
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 charges but does not turn on
Users sometimes face a problem when, after thorough charging, the bracelet did not show any signs of operation. Because you cannot turn off the bracelet (it turns off after a complete discharge) and even a long press of the button does not bring any result. There is only one reason here. the insufficient level of electrical activity of the battery. Here the manufacturer and experts recommend increasing the battery charging time of the bracelet. Cooling the bracelet is also a popular method and many users note its effectiveness.
If the bracelet charges but does not turn on, there may be a malfunction in the display. In this case, you need to contact the service center for repair.
There are several cases when the battery is fully charged, but the display still does not respond. A common cause of the problem is the firmware of the bracelet. What to do in this case?
- Untie the device from the Mi Fit application.
- Delete application.
- Reinstall Mi Fit by downloading it again.
- The firmware will be updated on the tracker.
- Device search must be enabled.
In 90% of cases, after the described algorithm, the bracelet starts its work in normal mode.
Why the screen does not turn on on Xiaomi Mi Band 4: what to do?
The display of Xiaomi Mi band 4 has a touch screen and one button, pressing which confirms the selected operation. What to do if the display stops turning on, and what could be contributing to it?
- The display has lost its functionality due to water. Prolonged exposure to moisture damages the boards and oxidizes them. In this case, you should expect help only from the service center employees. It is unlikely that it will be possible to agree to replace the bracelet.
- Mechanical impacts from shocks and drops can safely damage the display. Need help from service specialists.
- Dust and other contaminants can also block the contacts and interrupt the normal operation of the display. At the same time, vibration and other signals work normally, but the clock and other visual information is not.
So that the display does not lose its functionality, it is worth protecting the bracelet from moisture and dust. You also need to protect from shocks and falls.
Doesn’t turn on after flashing
Users often reflash the device after purchasing it, because the English version of the firmware can be inconvenient, and the Russian language is more convenient to use. This process takes only a quarter of an hour and is not difficult. However, it may happen that after flashing the screen does not light up when turned on and the bracelet does not show signs of life.
The solution to the problem is simple: unbind the device from the smartphone in the application and bind again. One solution is to restart your smartphone.
How to turn on Mi band 4
Xiaomi has made almost all the fans’ dreams come true in Mi Smart band 4. Enlarged display, switching music, resetting settings from the menu and rebooting. What is the opportunity to install one of 50 dials or create your own through special programs. The mechanics of working with the tracker have improved, but users still face problems.
In the new material, we will figure out how to turn on Xiaomi Mi Band, share our personal experience of use and try to answer users’ questions.
How to turn on and turn off mi band 4 screen display
How to turn on the bracelet?
Unfortunately, Xiaomi has not yet added the ability to turn on the device using a button or gesture. Most likely, this feature will increase the cost of production and affect the price for end users. The Amazfit Bip Smartwatch has the function, but its cost is twice as much as that of the budget tracker. Let’s hope that in future models, engineers will come up with some convenient implementation method that will not affect the price segment.
To turn on Mi Band 4 for the first time after unpacking the package, you need to perform several steps. If the device came charged, just press the button. The display is activated and the functionality can be used. There is no difference with the Chinese or global version. Both gadgets start the same.
If the tracker does not respond to touch, then most likely the battery is at zero. Immerse the capsule in the “bath” and connect to Powerbank, computer or adapter. Wait a couple of seconds and wait for the screen to turn on. Sometimes the device does not respond immediately, but after a couple of minutes.
Users often write that even after connecting the cable, nothing happens. In each case, the cause of the problem may be different. For example, I often charge the tracker from a USB hub and forget that the computer’s system unit must be in active mode, otherwise there will be no power.
You should not bring the battery to full discharge, but if this happens, you will have to spend 2 minutes to restore work. Thanks to the changes in the shape of the docking station, the Xiaomi Mi band 4 is easier to charge than the previous model. With the “three” it was necessary to manually adjust the level of immersion in the contacts. It is especially difficult to do this when the bracelet has turned off and does not turn on.
There shouldn’t be such problems with the Quartet. The capsule is easily inserted into the charger until it clicks. Next, insert the cable into any power source and use a workable gadget. The activation of the watch usually takes place quickly, but sometimes there is no result due to mechanical damage to the gadget or cable. To analyze such situations, a separate article is needed, which will definitely appear on our website.
How to turn off?
We figured out the inclusion of the bracelet. Is it possible to activate the shutdown function?
You will not be able to completely deactivate the gadget. If the battery is even slightly charged, it will always be active. You can turn it off in two ways, but they are not entirely successful:
In the first case, the bracelet turns off literally for 2 seconds to restart. In the second, due to lack of energy, it turns off before connecting to the docking station.
The reboot function is needed by everyone to fix system errors. The owners of the new Xiaomi products are already reporting bugs. For some, the device freezes in swimming mode and “comes to life” after being turned off in Mi Fit. Other users note that after discharging up to 10%, the device begins to vibrate constantly. In theory, all these problems can be solved with a reboot.
How to turn on Mi Band 4
Before turning on the Mi Band 4 tracker for the first time after purchase, it must be charged. This rule applies to all sold equipment, which on sale has a percentage of charge of 1-2%, which is enough for demonstration purposes.
- The metal charging contacts are located on the side of the fitness bracelet. They need to be placed in a special nest.
- Connect USB cable to device and power point.
Before looking for ways to turn on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, the user must download and install the Mi Fit app on their smartphone. This program serves as a link between the phone and the Mi Band. Installation of the application is quite possible during the charging time of the device.
To go through the synchronization procedure, you must first create a Mi account, which is done through the Mi Fit application or the Xiaomi website ru.account.Xiaomi.com/pass/register. The registration process is standard, like for many other sites. Includes indication of name, age, contact details, physical characteristics (weight, height), consent to the processing of personal data, consent or disagreement to the newsletter in Chinese.
How to turn on Xiaomi Mi Band 4: for the first time
The first time when you turn on the equipment is always special, because at the initial start-up, the user checks the operability of the device, sets the necessary modes, sets the correct settings. The user should take into account similar features before turning on Mi Band 4. Despite the seeming simplicity of the device, the importance of turning on for the first time should not be underestimated.
When purchasing a new device, users often seek to test it in action as soon as possible. There is a great temptation to use a newly purchased technical device. But do not rush to put it into operation: you must definitely follow the rules for the first time. They will allow you to take into account the nuances of the purchase, as well as avoid misapplication.
The Mi Band 4 fitness bracelet is a companion and additional device for a smartphone. Xiaomi‘s tracker works with phones of two main operating systems: Android and iOS. Regardless of the phone, when you first turn it on, you need to check not only the physical condition of the fitness bracelet, but also go through the procedure of synchronization with a smartphone.
First turn on
Turning on the Banda for the first time is preceded by three steps, after which you can start launching the fitness bracelet and synchronizing with the phone:
- installation of Mi Fit;
- account registration
The procedure for synchronizing the fitness bracelet Mi Band and smartphone:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- In the Mi Fit application, open the “Status” section.
- We select “The device is not connected” and “Bracelet” in the list of proposed options.
- We place the tracker and the phone as close as possible.
- When the fitness bracelet vibrates, press once on the touch screen. this is confirmation of the completion of the binding.
For subsequent actions, the Mi Fit application is used, where the owner of the bracelet sets the standard values for the daily number of steps. The watch on the bracelet is automatically set to the same time as the smartphone.
This completes the installation and the first power-on procedure. At any time, the user can make changes to the settings, as well as change the synchronized smartphone.
How to enable Xiaomi Mi band
Xiaomi fitness bracelets are especially popular among young people, people involved in sports and those who lead an active lifestyle.
We will be happy to help you make friends with an unusual, at first glance, and practical gadget for tracking and maintaining statistics of your physical activity. In this article, we will consider frequently asked questions, tell you how the Xiaomi Mi band bracelet works, we will instruct the registration procedure, and the features of connecting the bracelet to a smartphone.
Preparing for the first start
Opening the box, you will find the tracker itself, instructions (in which you can learn in detail how to use the Xiaomi Mi band), a strap made of durable silicone and a USB charger.
Before using for the first time, we recommend recharging the bracelet by putting it on charge for several hours, since most gadgets come with a battery charge of only 1-2%. Remember that you can charge the tracker only with the supplied charging cable, otherwise it can easily burn out.
First, you need to carefully remove the tracker from the strap and insert it into the charger. It is important to ensure that the contacts are in close contact with each other. Then you should find a free 2.0 USB port of your personal computer and insert the charger connector into it. You can also plug the charger into any other USB adapter with amperage. no more than 1A (it is not recommended to use more powerful adapters, in order to avoid damage from excessive current). If you did everything correctly, the indicators on the bracelet will light up.
When charging for the first time, the device must be left connected to the network for 2 hours to pump the battery in the future. a full charge will take much less time. In order to find out how much the Xiaomi Mi band is being charged, there are indicators on the tracker indicating the battery charge level:
Mi band 4 not working
If the first one is on. this indicates a level of 30%;
When all three lights are on, this indicates a full charge;
XIAOMI Mi Smart Band 4 Unboxing, Setup, Connect to Phone & Factory Reset
Registration and installation of the application
In this section, you will learn how to connect Xiaomi Mi band to a smartphone by performing only 3 simple operations.
Second, after installing the application, registration follows to connect a personal account. We bring to your attention several options on how to register Xiaomi Mi band and start using :: through a browser or in a proprietary application.
To register in a browser, you need to open the official Xiaomi website and fill out a form. Optionally, you can register using a phone number instead of an email address, for this, at the bottom of the page, select “Create using a phone number”. Next, going to a new page, you need to come up with a password and enter it twice, it should consist of Latin letters and numbers (more than 8 characters), after that you will need to enter the text from the picture to confirm that you are not a robot.
That’s all, login. the specified phone number or email, and the password. system password that was invented in advance.
When registering through the application, everything happens in the same way.
The third step is to connect the tracker itself to the smartphone. To do this, you need to turn on Bluetooth in the phone settings and go to the previously installed “Mi Fit”. In it, you need to go to the settings menu, find the “Pair” item, which is located at the very bottom, and create a pair with your bracelet. All pairing prompts will be cocked on the smartphone screen, you just need to follow them. In a matter of seconds, the Xiaomi Mi Band Black fitness bracelet will be synchronized and ready to use.
If you lead an active lifestyle, track the rhythm of your activity and count the number of steps taken per day. smart bracelet will be your best personal assistant in this.
⚙️ How to connect Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 4c to your smartphone
Xiaomi has already released a large number of smart watches and fitness trackers. The Mi Smart Band 4c model received new conceptual solutions, which you can read about in our review, and a new application for connection. how to connect the bracelet to a smartphone.
Download and install the Xiaomi Wear app from the Play Store or App Store.
A notification about access to geolocation will appear, if desired, allow.
After that, you must provide personal information. First select the region and press the “Next” button.
And even weight, for more accurate results.
After setting all the parameters, you will be taken to the main screen of the Xiaomi Wear app. The Mi-account will be pulled up automatically if it is entered on a smartphone, otherwise it can be entered manually. To add Xiaomi Mi Band 4c, click on the corresponding area in the menu.
Select the model of the connected device. There is only one bracelet available at the moment, so you definitely can’t go wrong.
Then select it from the list of available devices by activating Bluetooth in advance.
Wait for vibration and display of a notification on Mi Smart Band 4c and click on the checkmark, thereby confirming the connection.
A couple of seconds and your Xiaomi fitness bracelet is ready to go.
Also you can see how to do it:
How to connect Mi Band 6 to Android
The connection of the fitness bracelet to Android is the same as for the iPhone. You just need to download the Mi Fit app and go through all the steps: from registration to pairing the device, described above.
Setting up Mi Band 6
Further configuration of the Mi Band 6 is more convenient to carry out from your smartphone through the Mi Fit application.
Attention: Several Mi Bands can be connected to one iPhone at the same time, but only one will collect data and receive notifications. Consider this.
All fitness bracelets are displayed on your profile. By clicking on the desired one, you can go to the bracelet menu.
To set up Mi Band 6, you need to open the Bracelet Settings tab:
- In the “Language” tab, you can change the bracelet language to another. When you change the language on the bracelet, the language in the application itself does not change. Therefore, if you want to improve your English, you can set up the fitness bracelet in English, and use the Russian iPhone layout yourself.
- In the “Display settings” you can add additional features: “Timer”, “Find device”, “Stopwatch” or “Take a picture”. Also, there you can delete those items that you do not use. For example, I don’t need World Clock and Alipay, so I removed them from the list.
- “Customizing shortcuts” is the customization of windows on the Mi Band, which are displayed by swipes. You can also add multiple screens or remove unnecessary ones.
- “Training parameters”. choose the ones that you will use and remove unnecessary.
- Wake Up On Raise. Set the display to turn on when you raise your hand, just like on Apple Watch.
- “Lock”. you can set a password for the fitness bracelet.
- “Night mode”. automatic dimming at night.
- “Location of the bracelet”. setting the hand on which you wear the bracelet.
In the “Notifications” item you configure the display of notifications, “Vibration”. adding vibration to calls, alarms, SMS and so on.
Health Monitoring is a required tab to configure. Here you can customize heart rate measurement intervals, add heart rate notifications, monitor stress and breathing quality during sleep, and much more. I advise you not to skip this tab and really calibrate it for yourself, nevertheless, if you use a fitness bracelet, then use it for maximum benefit to your health.
Setting up and managing Mi Band 6
As I said above, this model has lost the touch-back button. This means that now, to go back, you need to swipe from left to right. Not always convenient, but you get used to it quickly.
On the bracelet itself, the settings are rather limited. But they are also worth going through if you want your Mi Band to work properly.
For example, if you want activity to be tracked in the background, you need to configure its tracking in the settings on the fitness bracelet. Item “Determine activity”.
How to connect and configure Mi Band 6
Xiaomi has released a new product. Mi Band 6. We were one of the first to get hold of a new fitness bracelet. We will tell you how to connect and configure it.
How to connect Mi Band 6 to iPhone
I do not have a Global version. Direct from China, no NFC. So to speak, the first batch of brand new fitness bracelets. Nevertheless, there is already a built-in Russian language and after connecting the Mi Band 6 to the iPhone, it is quite possible to use it and not worry about buying the global version.
To connect, you need either Android 6.0 or iOS 10.0. Fitness bracelet works via Bluetooth 5.0 connection.
- Download the Mi Fit app (you can scan from the QR code in the instructions).
- We go through registration. I didn’t have a new account, so I created it through my Apple ID. I also advise you. just a minute, quickly fill in the required fields and you can proceed to the connection.
- We select in the new menu “Bracelet”.
- Then click on the link icon on the bracelet.
- We are waiting for the devices to connect.
- We confirm the connection.
- Choosing what data we will track.
- We confirm all permissions.
- We are waiting for the bracelet to receive all the updates.
- Immediately after syncing, your fitness tracker will be configured for the language your iPhone uses. Sorry, Ukrainian is not available.
A little about Mi Band 6
This year Xiaomi really pleased the fans of the cult fitness bracelet: the company removed the button, maximized the screen and updated the hardware inside the Mi Band. The device turned out to be really very cool (I’ll tell you more about this in the review), so if you just think about buying, I say from myself, it’s worth taking.
And if you have already bought Mi Band 6. we will tell you how to connect it to your smartphone and how to set up all the indicators.
Watch faces on Mi Band 6
Xiaomi said that there are a lot of interesting watch faces on the Mi Band 6. I can argue with this, because in fact all the dials are not very good at all, and for your own customization you are given only 5 options. And then, the maximum that you can do in them is just change the background image and the color of the text.
All other watch faces can be found in the “Store” section. But, I warn you, there are many anime, animated, some kind of childish options. But for a minimalist lover like me, it’s probably ideal to stay on the original dial. In the “Administrator” section, you can manage the displayed watch faces.
Mi Band 4 does not receive notifications. problem solving
Your bracelet may not receive notifications for several reasons:
- Mi Band 4 is not connected to your smartphone via bluetooth.
- The Mi Fit app has not been configured as described above.
- Mi Fit app does not run in the background. Let’s analyze this item in more detail.
Notifications on Xiaomi Mi Band 4. how to enable and configure
Notifications on Xiaomi Mi Band 4 are duplicate messages from a smartphone that are displayed on the screen of your fitness bracelet. These can be incoming messages, calls, emails, notifications from Whatsapp, Viber, alarm clock, etc. Sometimes they may not work: for example, messages about the completion of the goal or about inaction are not displayed, messages from Whatsapp are not received. In this article, we will figure out how to enable and configure notifications on the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 tracker.
- First, make sure your Mi Band 4 is connected to your smartphone.
- The phone must have the Mi Fit app installed and updated to the latest version.
Notifications on Mi Band 4 should be shown at the top of the bracelet in the form of an icon and text below it. If you don’t have them, try the following steps.
How to enable notifications on Mi Band 4
If you do not want to receive notifications when using your smartphone, you can enable the option “Receive only when the screen is off”.
Setting up notifications of incoming calls on Mi Band 4
Call notifications come to the fitness bracelet in the form of vibration. to enable them, you need:
- In the main menu of Mi Fit, select the item “Incoming calls”.
- Allow access to the phone.
- We activate “Warn about an incoming call”.
- whether to show contact information;
- delay notifications in case the phone is at hand;
- whether or not to notify about unknown numbers;
- choose vibration.
How to enable background work of Mi Fit
In order for your fitness bracelet to receive notifications, the Mi Fit application must always work in the background. To do this, follow a few simple steps.
- We go to the phone settings, select the menu “Security”. “Applications” (in different smartphones the path may be different, in our case for Xiaomi).
- Find Mi Fit and turn on “Autostart”.
- There is also the item “Activity control” below. go in and put “No restrictions”.
- Next, you need to fix the application in the RAM of the device. Click on the touch-sensitive task button on the desktop and pull down the application that you want to pin, click on “Lock” (or the lock icon). there may be different options for this action.
All these methods work on all devices that support MIUI: Xiaomi Mi, Mi Max, Redmi, Redmi Note and so on.