Things are much more serious when your favorite gadget does not fully respond to the power button. There is no one-size-fits-all recommendation for this. Representatives of manufacturers and service centers advise you to try one of the following ways to rescue a frozen phone:
- Incoming call. you should ask someone to call the problem smartphone. If the display shows an incoming call, then you need to quickly call the restart menu by holding down the power button.
- If the power button does not work, then wait until the gadget is discharged. A complete power outage in this case will interrupt the processes that caused the failures. You can check if the problem is solved by charging the phone a little and turning it on.
- Some smartphones are equipped with a Reset service button, which activates an instant restart immediately after pressing. It is present, in particular, on some models from Sony and HTC, and is located next to the USB-connector (not to be confused with the hole for the microphone) or in the place for installing the SIM-card slot. It should be pressed gently using a thin needle or toothpick.
If you manage to bring the device to its senses, it is recommended to manually check the list of recently installed software and remove the questionable one. It is also worth running a regular antivirus and following the recommendations of the operating system. In case of constant freezes, you can try restoring to factory settings or contacting a service center.
How to restart Xiaomi Redmi 9C phone if it freezes
Until a few years ago, almost all Android smartphones were equipped with collapsible cases. In the event of system failures, device owners could perform a quick reboot by removing the battery for a couple of seconds. Today, it is impossible to solve such a radical problem. the design of the gadgets will not allow access to the battery. To figure out how to reboot the Xiaomi Redmi 9C phone if it freezes, it will turn out without much difficulty. the developers of the popular operating system have provided several ways.
- errors in the work of the graphical shell or when updating the OS;
- excessive filling of the internal memory of the device;
- crashes when updating software or firmware;
- sudden changes in ambient temperature;
- mechanical damage.
In many situations, rebooting helps the smartphone to recover. If the freezes are permanent, then you will have to resort to more serious measures.
Reboot Xiaomi Redmi 9C with buttons
Android provides an emergency forced reboot option, which is performed the same way on almost all existing smartphones. The option can be activated using the following hotkey combination:
- Hold down the power (unlock) and volume up buttons.
- After the display turns off and the phone vibrates. release.
If the option with the volume up button did not give a result, then you should reboot using a decrease. Of course, this approach is relevant if the mechanical keys are working properly.
The next method is relevant for such a problem. the smartphone freezes when turned on. This manifests itself in the form of a loading screen, which does not disappear anywhere for too long. Usually, the device can be turned off by simply holding down the corresponding button. The situation can be resolved as follows:
- Put the smartphone on charge in order to eliminate the problem of a sudden shutdown due to a dead battery.
- Call the Recovery menu in the following way: on the turned off device, hold down the power and “volume up” buttons until vibration.
- After a couple of seconds, the menu required to reboot will appear on the display. You must select the item “Reboot system now”. Within a couple of minutes, the smartphone should be fully loaded in normal mode.
If the system has not experienced serious failures, then a reboot using Recovery will be quick and safe. However, you can also face a complete failure of the operating system. The problem can be resolved, but you will have to donate files located in the internal memory (everything that is saved on the MicroSD will remain in its place).
So, if the phone hangs on the splash screen when turned on, then restoring to factory settings will help to deal with the situation. This can be done following the instructions for accessing Recovery, noted above, however, select the item “Wipe data / factory reset” in the menu. Since the Recovery may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, recovery may be hidden behind the “Wipe data” or “Advanced wipe” items. After a couple of minutes, the gadget will turn on and offer system configuration, which users usually perform after purchase. If such drastic methods do not work, that the only way out is to visit a service center.
Ximomi Redmi 4 Pro has frozen and now you don’t know what to do? forced restart of Android devices!
Your Xiaomi is frozen, the screen does not respond to touch, the smartphone buttons do not work and you do not know what to do? If the battery on your frozen phone is removable, then you just need to remove and reinsert and turn on the phone. And what to do if the smartphone is frozen, the battery is non-removable, you cannot turn off or restart the device?
Many users are simply ready to break their smartphone when it freezes and this is quite expected, since this happens at the most inopportune moment when you need to call urgently or you are waiting for an important call and the phone is dead and does not react to any actions. Why Xiaomi freezes? it is impossible to give an exact unambiguous answer to this question. For some, the phone freezes when receiving a call, for others for no reason at all, when the smartphone was idle on the table, it happens when the phone freezes, when it was charging or when playing a game or working with applications. Do you think that only Hiaomi smartphones freeze? No, I’m hanging now Android smartphones and tablets from many manufacturers, such as Samsung, Meizu, etc. although, probably, almost all new items are susceptible to this ailment. Sorry for the extra chatter, see below for how to reboot Android devices.
So, to restart a frozen Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro or another Android, you just need to press and hold the “On / Off” button until you see how the smartphone will reboot. You will say that you have already done this and it did not help? I agree, the whole point is that you probably did not hold the button pressed for long enough, the button. Usually, in order for the smartphone to reboot, you need to hold the power button for about 10.15.20 seconds, sometimes you have to hold the button for almost a whole minute.
Resetting your phone to factory settings
Hard Reset. aka reset to factory settings. If the problem is caused by an operating system error, this method should help. The algorithm of actions varies depending on what kind of recovery you have installed: stock or custom.
Why Xiaomi freezes on the Mi logo
The reasons why Xiaomi does not turn on and the logo lights up can be different: from problems in the software part to the failed components of the smartphone. Determining the cause is 50% of success.
Why does the phone freeze at the Mi logo when turned on:
- System glitchAndroid (relevant for Xiaomi A-series). This OS is not perfect and it crashes. If the reason has a programmatic property, then in 99% of cases the problem can be solved.
- Crookedly installed custom firmware. If you installed custom firmware on the device and any errors appeared during the process, then loading to the logo and freezing are the result of these errors. After an unsuccessful update, the phone freezes on the splash screen quite often.
- Problematic OTA update. Most often, such problems occur on Xiaomi A series, but they also happen on MIUI. The manufacturer rolls out unfinished updates, after the installation of which there is an eternal loading of Xiaomi with a logo on the screen.
- Damage to bootloader files. Sometimes, due to incorrect user actions or as a result of malware operation, the OS bootloader record is damaged. This problem belongs to the category of software.
- Short circuit on the SIM card. Sometimes this happens: the SIM card contacts catch a short circuit, and the smartphone cannot boot. The simplest solution is to temporarily remove the SIM card from the phone.
- Incompatible microSD. Xiaomi freezing on the Mi logo may be the result of an incompatible or damaged memory card inserted into the phone. Remove the USB stick at startup time and see the result.
- Full discharge or deterioration of the battery. If the battery is discharged to zero, then the phone will not be able to start in any way. The same can happen if the smartphone battery has been actively used for more than 3 years.
- Damage to the memory chip. Especially the part of it that contains the boot entry, which contains the necessary data to boot. It will not work to change the chip with your own hand, all that remains is a visit to the service center.
If the error is of a programmatic nature, then in most cases it can be fixed. But if the problem is hardware, then in modern Xiaomi smartphones even the battery is difficult to replace at home. Let’s try first the software ways to fix the situation.
Attention! If the problem is related to the hardware, in no case try to disassemble the smartphone yourself to fix the error (especially if it is still under warranty). Without proper experience in repairing phones, you can damage the components of your smartphone so much that it becomes unrepairable.
If your phone turns on but won’t boot, try the simple solutions above (like removing your SIM card or flash drive). Also charge the battery using the original cable.
If the smartphone still hangs on the splash screen, it does not load,
Why Xiaomi does not load beyond the Mi logo and freezes on the splash screen
With Xiaomi smartphones, as with any other devices, sometimes problems arise. Due to the user performing some actions or simply due to iron fatigue, sometimes Xiaomi does not boot beyond the Mi logo.
The problem appears unexpectedly and it is often unknown what caused the failure. Today I will tell you why the phone does not turn on beyond the splash screen and how to solve the problem.
Hard Reset in stock recovery
It takes just a few steps. To enter the recovery, you need to turn off the smartphone, and then hold down the power and volume up buttons at the same time. You need to release them after the recovery menu appears on the screen.
Earlier, I already talked in detail about resetting Xiaomi to factory settings through recovery. Chances are high that the phone will boot normally after restarting. The first start after a reset may take 5 to 10 minutes.
Hard Reset in TWRP recovery
If you have custom recovery installed (for example, TWRP), then the process of resetting to factory settings is radically different. Although you need to enter this mode in the same way (power volume up).
What to do if Xiaomi (Redmi) does not load beyond the logo and freezes
If you turned on the Xiaomi (Redmi) smartphone, a logo appeared on the screen, but then it does not load, as if it were frozen, I have bad news for you. this is a serious problem.
If you just flashed your phone, then the boot files or part of the boot memory are corrupted. If the firmware is not official, you need to go to the resource where you downloaded it, they should have instructions on how to roll back the changes, or on how to re-flash a Xiaomi device that is stuck on boot. In most cases, these guidelines work.
Several reasons why Xiaomi got stuck on the logo at boot without a previous firmware update:
I describe only the most common mistakes, in reality, you need to deal with each phone separately, and it is better to do this in a service center with diagnostic equipment.
In rare cases, software errors occur at the Xiaomi boot stage, even without installing a new one, or rolling back to the previous firmware.
Try turning off Xiaomi, then hold down the “Volume” and “Power” buttons, hold them for 15 seconds, after which you should boot into Recovery mode. If you succeed, select the “Reboot” item and try to reboot the device normally. If everything gets stuck at the logo again, enter Recovery again, but this time click on the “Wipe Data” item. Thus, you will reset Xiaomi to the factory state, while all data from the memory will be deleted, but if the procedure is successful, you will receive a work phone.
If the tips described above did not help and the Xiaomi logo on the phone does not disappear for a long time upon loading, all that remains is to send it for repair, it is unlikely that it will be possible to restore its working capacity at home.
If the Xiaomi battery lasts longer than three years, it is very likely that it cannot provide sufficient current parameters for the operation of the processor, memory and other elements of the smartphone, for this reason it freezes at one of the boot stages, and you still see the logo on the screen Xiaomi.
Try connecting the charger, wait 20 minutes and without disconnecting it, try restarting the phone again.
If this does not help, you probably need to look for the problem further.
This can be helpful:
Hi, my name is Timur. Since childhood, I have been fond of computers and the IT Industry, I like it, this is my passion. Over the past few years, I have been deeply interested in Xiaomi: ideology, technology and a unique approach to explosive business growth. I own many Xiaomi gadgets and share my experience of using them, but most importantly. solving problems and incidents that arise under unexpected circumstances on the pages of Mi-check.ru
Damage to chips or sensors on a Xiaomi board is possible even if you did not drop your smartphone or expose it to water or extreme temperatures. This happens from time to time, the degradation of materials occurs in all devices, and some conditions significantly accelerate it and first the brakes start, and then complete inoperability comes.
Probably, broken cells have appeared in the memory on which the boot file is written and now the processor cannot read them and freezes. It is necessary to carry out a full diagnosis of the memory, but it is impossible to do this at home without additional equipment on a non-working phone, and it is for this reason that the Xiaomi phone does not load beyond the logo.
Mi redmi Phone Not starting | Redmi | How to Fix Stuck On Boot Start Screen Problem in Xiaomi Solved
Contact a certified repair center.
Error report in Xiaomi (Redmi) app, what it is and how to disable it
Redmi not 8t, went into the settings for developers, chose the cutout of the screen, wanted to change it to another, and knocked out the black screen and boot, then throws it into recovery, I press restart, and the same thing. What to do? What could it be? please tell me
And if the smartphone rebooted during the update / reset WHAT TO DO. model Xiaomi Redmi 9C
Good afternoon, does it turn on? Or does not even turn on happen? If it does not turn on, there are 2 options: give the phone to a service center, where they will try to reflash it using a computer, or you can try to do a similar operation at home. However, I cannot give you advice on this part, in this I have little experience.
If after factory reset Redmi note8T hangs on 12 MIUI logo and language and region settings, it won’t boot. what can be done
Hello, I have a Xiaomi Redmi phone of note 8 t it does not turn on and does not turn off vibrates and the screen says Redmi what could be
Thanks for the advice. You just saved me! “Reboot” helped. Tell me. this is a temporary error, or it can be repeated later?
Redmi | How to Fix Stuck On Boot Start Screen Problem in Xiaomi Solved bootloop
Good afternoon, the error is most likely temporary. I can’t say more precisely without seeing your phone. If everything works, so be it 🙂
Tell me, if reboot does not help, how can you save the data that is on the phone?
and what to do if, when loading, it shows the Redmi sign for a couple of seconds and again reboots by itself