Wi-Fi car rear view camera. better than parking sensors!
A rear–view video camera has long and deservedly been popular among motorists. But here we will look at an interesting and very new variety. This is a wifi car rear view camera.
Why do you need?
The advantages over conventional parking sensors are obvious. In addition, the video camera may NOT be a replacement, but an addition to the parking sensor. But what if the navigator has a video input and there is nowhere to connect a regular camera? This is where wireless technology comes in.
Using a Wi-Fi camcorder has the following advantages:
- Ability to display images on the display of devices that do not have video inputs, but support Wi-Fi connection.
- Easy to install. It is not necessary to lay a signal cable from the navigator to the device and it is not necessary to accurately position the device, as is the case with a parking sensor.
- Extended functionality. Wi-Fi camcorder use may NOT be limited to parking scene only.
Let us consider the latter in more detail. Unlike a parking sensor, a camera is a universal thing, in addition to its main purpose, it can be used as a video recording device. It is enough to install the application that will record the video stream from the device. If the car is parked where the wireless signal reaches the home or office, then the Wi-Fi video camera can be used to monitor the car and the situation in the parking lot.
The video camera comes with a Wi-Fi module, which usually starts working when the ignition is turned on, or it can be connected directly to the battery. A navigator, tablet or smartphone is connected to it, and when you switch to reverse gear, the video from the camera starts broadcasting.
How to choose?
What are the Wi-Fi video cameras in the car and how do they differ? According to the method of attachment and design, they are:
- Mortise, installed in the drilled hole in the bumper;
- Frame mounted, they are easy to install but also easy to steal;
- Shade cameras are installed by replacing the sign frame;
- Universal, fixed anywhere with self-tapping screws or double-sided tape, also prone to theft;
- On the brackets, you can change the angle of view, can be installed in the cabin, which prevents dirt from the camera, but impairs visibility due to too high an arrangement and possible glare on the rear window.
After choosing the most convenient and suitable design for the machine, pay attention to the following characteristics of the video camera:
- Resolution. Usually it is 582 by 500 or 720 by 576 points. The higher the number, the clearer the screen will be.
- Light sensitivity. It is the ability of a camcorder to produce a good picture in low light conditions. This figure can vary from 0.001 to 1 lux. Here, the lower the number, the better.
- The presence of IR illumination. Allows the camera to “see” in complete darkness. This is an optional element, it can be useful in the absence of a standard light on the car.
- Viewing angle. For these cameras, it should be large enough to avoid dead spots. But on the other hand, the larger the angle, the higher the optical distortion. The optimal range is 120.160 degrees.
- Dust and moisture resistant. An important parameter, it is desirable that it be IP67 or IP68.
- Range of Wi-Fi signal. The bigger, the better. This is especially important for long trucks.
- Operating temperature range. The higher it is, the more likely it is that the camcorder will NOT fail when working in extreme conditions.
It is also important that the camera is able to display the image in mirror mode. This is familiar to the driver who is used to looking in the rear-view mirrors. This mode can always be disabled. Also useful can be the function of overlaying a special marking grid on the image to accurately determine the distance to the obstacle.
How to connect?
For an example of installing and connecting the camera, see the following
Most often, a video camera in a car is mounted above the number. To connect, do the following:
- Make a hole in the frame of the number.
- Fasten the Wi-Fi module in the trunk.
- Connect the camera with a wire through the drilled hole to the module.
- The red wire, on which plus 12V, connect to the ignition or battery.
- Black wire goes to ground.
- Yellow. plus reverse illuminator.
- Last step. installation and configuration of special software on Android or iOS, with which you can control a rear view camera and record video.
Wi-Fi rear view camera. it is a successful modern solution that will help the driver when parking and can serve as a video recorder. It is easy to install and convenient to operate. Let’s briefly describe the cost and some models:
- MS-53. Wireless rear view camera with folding monitor, which automatically turns on when a signal from the camera appears. Installed in the frame of the number. Viewing angle. 170 degrees, temperature range for normal operation :. 40/65 degrees.
- 8902BG. Connects to reversing lights. Equipped with a connector for all modern navigators.
- GARMIN BC30. A true flagship among Wi-Fi rear view cameras. When connected to a navigator, everything that happens from behind will be broadcast on the device’s screen.
- Masterpark 8DSN. Combined device. parking sensors (8 sensors) rear view camera (2 pcs). The image is transmitted to the monitor, which is installed in the rear-view mirror. The camcorder turns on automatically while parking. The distance to the obstacle is determined by a sound signal.
WI-FI TX-03 module for rear view camera, wireless connection
WI-FI modules TX-03 allow you to watch videos on any device, be it a smartphone, tablet or car head unit on Android. And without a direct connection to the gadget via a wire. To successfully sync with the camera, your gadget must have Android OS from version 2.2 or iOS from 4.3 installed. This device can also be used as a CCTV camera and video recorder.
WI-FI modules TX-03 can also be used as a video recorder. There is a function of saving video or photos to a smartphone or tablet.
Distinctive features: 1. The device uses its own Wi-Fi module for wireless transmission of video signals. 2. With the help of the client for Android and iOS, you can monitor in real time. In this way, you can monitor the situation behind the vehicle at any time. It’s very easy 3. The device must have OS Android 2.2 or newer, or IOS 4.0 or higher4. You will need to install the “WI-FI View” software application (PlayMarket or IOS)
Specifications: 1. Power supply: 12V DC 2. Power consumption: 1.5W 3 Current: 200mA 4. The time the picture appears on the device after the WI-FI module is turned on
10-20 sec. 5. Working temperature:.20 70 ° C 6. Dimensions: 70 x 45 x 18.5 mm; Weight 47 g 7. The maximum stable distance of video signal transmission is up to 100 meters. 8. Video recording format: MPEG 9. Resolution: 640×480 10. Turning on the WI-FI module. red indicator 11 is on. Connecting the WI-FI module to the device. blue indicator 12 is on. Connected to camera via RCA cable (included)
Connection instructions: 1. Install the application with PlayMarket or IOS on the smartphone. “WI-FI View” 2.Connect the WI-FI module to the camera using the RCA cable (included in the kit) 3.Connect the WI-FI module to 12V power (you can use the reversing light wiring). Important: red wire. PLUS, black wire. MINUS 4. Turn on the WI-FI module with the camera (give 12V power). 5. Turn on WI-FI on your smartphone, in the section of available devices find the device “HDAV_fa26f5e0”, connect (no password is required). 6. Open the “WI-FI View” application on your smartphone. You should have a picture from the camera. 7. Further, when power is supplied to the camera and the WI-FI module, the picture on the smartphone appears automatically. Under the condition that the WI-FI View application will be open. 8.In WI-FI View, you can also make video and photo recording from the camera, as well as view them. All information is stored on your smartphone. 9.Up to 5 devices (smartphone, tablet, etc.) can be connected to WI-FI modules. It can also be used as a CCTV camera and video recorder. 10.When the WI-FI module is turned on, the red indicator is on. When connected to a device, the blue indicator on the WI-FI module is on.
Package contents: 1. WI-FI transmitter 2. RCA video cable 3. Power cable 4. Velcro fastening. 5. Instruction
I invite you to cooperation, direct deliveries from the factory. Sale of small and large wholesale.
How everything works is presented in the following video.
Overboard: Wi-Fi Car Rear View Camera with Navigator on Android
Reversing maneuvers are still difficult for yesterday’s students of driving schools. Background back. erroneous perception of the rear dimension of the vehicle. To compensate for this disadvantage, and to improve the driving technique in tight spaces, many people install parking sensors. However, the issue is often solved in the second way.
Rearview with Wi-Fi Wireless Rear View Camera for Personal Car: What’s What
There is a solution. Wi-Fi rear view camera for the car, mounted outside the car. The kit includes a video fixing device and Wireless Fidelity dispensers. The bundle works simply:
- The wireless module serves as a Wi-Fi signal distribution point when the ignition is turned on;
- The gadget is connected to the wireless network;
- When reverse gear is activated, a picture of the situation behind the car is transmitted to the device connected to the Wi-Fi distribution point.
For reference. The role of a gadget can be played by either a GPS navigator or a smartphone or tablet running on Android or iOS.
It is worth noting that the wireless camera-gadget link works exclusively in digital format. There is no conversion of a “digit” into an analog signal and vice versa, inherent in a wire link. This means that the image quality from a wireless camera is much higher than from a wired one. It is necessary to emphasize such an advantage of Wi-Fi video recording tools as versatility. After all, such a wireless module can be used as:
- DVR, installed an application on Android / iOS that allows you to record video into the gadget’s memory;
- A device that complements the intercom function;
- Observation center broadcasting the situation in the yard.
Technological process of installing a Wi-Fi camera on a car
The wireless video generating device cannot be used offline. it needs to be installed.
Usually the camera is installed above the license plate frame. The installation procedure is as follows:
- Drill a hole in the tailgate (according to the number frame).
- Route the wires from the video fixing device through the previously made hole in the trunk.
- In the luggage compartment, connect the wire to the wireless module.
- Fix the Wi-Fi module and antenna.
- Connect the red wire (12 V) either to the ignition switch or directly to the battery.
- Black wires connect to ground.
- Connect the yellow wire to the “” reversing lights.
Experts who know how to install any Wi-Fi rear view camera in a car note one feature. Do not mount Wireless Fidelity near metal. If you ignore this requirement, then the metal will “screen” the signal that generates the dispensing unit.
Having assembled the base, you should proceed to the materiel. It consists in installing software on a working gadget and configuring it. For example, for the top device GlobusGPS GL-Wi1, two programs are available: a simple RFK Wi-Fi and an advanced Sight Wi-Fi. It should be noted that they can be installed on Android OS version 2.2 and higher. Apple Gadgets are supported if the iOS version is higher than 4.2.
So, uploaded the factory software to the video receiving device, you should check the operation of the equipment, which captures the image behind the car. Experts recommend setting up automatic connection of the gadget to the signal distribution point. This is necessary so that when the reverse gear is turned on, the video viewing application opens automatically. This option is activated in the program settings.
TOP 4 wireless rear view cameras with Wi-Fi module for cars
A Wi-Fi car rear view camera is a device that transmits images using radio waves. When choosing a system, it is necessary to pay attention to characteristics that ensure reliability and ease of use. You can install the camera both independently and with the help of a specialist.
How to choose
When choosing a model of a wi-fi image transmission system and a type of device, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Constructive performance. Installation of a video system affects the appearance of the car, therefore it is recommended to choose models that can be hidden.
- The method of connecting the camera to information display devices. Video can be sent to the Auto Navigator built into the rearview mirror or on-board computer display.
- Optical system characteristics. First of all, pay attention to the viewing angle. The coverage width of the visible space depends on this. However, angles that are too wide may blur the image. The optimal value is 120.170 °.
- Matrix type. Rear view cameras can be equipped with CCD or CMOS converters. The first ones are distinguished by increased light sensitivity and good picture quality. The disadvantage is the low speed of signal conversion. CMOS matrices differ in affordable cost and speed.
- Matrix resolution. The clarity of the resulting image depends on it. For parking cameras, a resolution of 0.3 megapixels is sufficient.
- Color system. All modern devices are colored. This makes the image easier to read. The signal output from the camera is converted to one of the PAL or NTSC color standards. The required one is selected when setting up the device.
- The number of TV lines. The indicator characterizes the type of output signal. It is analog and has 2 resolutions. horizontal and vertical. The number of TV lines in rear view systems is most often 420-520.
- The presence of parking lines. A quality fixture should overlay the grid on the image floor. The lines help determine the distance to the obstacle. This feature can be disabled on most cameras.
- Operating temperature range. The device must operate smoothly in all climatic conditions. The seasonal range of temperatures in some areas reaches 100 ° C. The highest quality chambers can withstand frosts up to 25 ° C. Their performance does not deteriorate even when heated to 65 ° C.
- Dust and moisture resistant. The camera can have a minimum, medium or maximum degree of protection against exposure to damaging factors. In the first case, jets of water and dust are allowed to enter the body of the device. With the maximum degree of protection, the device functions even when immersed in water.
When choosing a complete set of a car camera with wi-fi and a type of system, it is recommended Pay attention to the Models below.
Garmin BC 30
The camera is wireless and the view of the WI-FI control module displays what is happening next to the car when reversing.
It allows you to view the image on the navigator screen.
The device is connected to a power source and the camera and navigation modes are switched. Garmin BC 30 provides quality visibility, reducing the risk of an emergency. The device allows detecting both stationary and moving objects in the path of the car.
Neoline CN10. the device facilitates the process of parking at night, with limited visibility and dirt on the car windows. It displays obstacles located behind the vehicle. This makes it possible to perform the maneuver correctly. The Neoline CN10 camera module is connected to the navigator via a wireless channel. This makes the device easier to install and use. The device has built-in parking guidelines.
A versatile device that provides a color image and has an affordable price. The device has an average degree of security. It is equipped with a CMOS sensor and built-in parking guidelines. The model is a good value for money.
The system has the following characteristics:
- The ability to control a large area of the space behind the car;
- The presence of a Wi-Fi module that facilitates installation and preserves the interior trim;
- Tightness of the case, allowing the product to be operated in humid or cold climates;
- Increased photosensitivity;
- Automatic mirroring to help you see objects in the correct position;
- Automatic start, triggered when reverse gear is engaged;
- Availability of parking lines;
- The ability to install in a license plate, which makes the camera compatible with any car model;
- The presence of mounting holes on the camera body.
Installation and connection
The installation of a camera with Wi-Fi is carried out as follows:
- Holes are drilled in the tailgate (the video system is installed according to the number frame)
- Cables are routed from transmitter to transmitter (wires are routed through previously drilled holes)
- The cable in the trunk is connected to the Wi-Fi module;
- The wireless module and antenna are fixed;
- The red wire connects to the battery or ignition switch;
- Black cable is connected to ground, yellow. to reversing lights.
Do not install the wireless camcorder module near metal parts. Metal distorts the signal generated by the dispensing unit. Software installation is required to connect the device. The programs work with Android operating systems version 2.2 and higher. The camera can be connected to the IPhone. After downloading the bundled software, they check the system performance.