Wi-Fi car rear view camera. better than parking sensors!
A rear-view video camera has long and deservedly been popular with motorists. But here we look at an interesting and relatively new variety. This is a wifi car rear view camera.
Why do you need?
The advantages over conventional parking sensors are obvious. In addition, the video camera may not be a replacement, but an addition to the parking sensor. But what if the navigator does not have a video input, and there is nowhere to connect a regular camera? This is where wireless technology comes in.
Using a Wi-Fi camcorder has the following advantages:
- Ability to display images on the display of devices that do not have video inputs, but support Wi-Fi connection.
- Easy to install. There is no need to lay a signal cable from the navigator to the device and no need to accurately position the device, as is the case with a parking sensor.
- Extended functionality. Wi-Fi camcorder use may not be limited to parking scene only.
Let us consider the latter in more detail. Unlike parktronic, the camera is a universal thing and in addition to its main purpose, it can be used as a video recording device. It is enough to install the application that will record the video stream from the device. If the car is parked where the wireless signal reaches the home or office, then the Wi-Fi video camera can be used to monitor the car and the situation in the parking lot.
How to connect?
For an example of installing and connecting the camera, see the following
Most often, a video camera in a car is mounted above the number. To connect, do the following:
- Make a hole outside the frame.
- Fasten the Wi-Fi module in the trunk.
- Connect the camera with a wire to the module through the drilled hole.
- The red wire, on which plus 12V, connect to the ignition or battery.
- Black wire goes to ground.
- Yellow. plus reversing lights.
- The last step is to install and configure special software on Android or iOS, with which you can control the rear view camera and record video.
How to choose?
What are Wi-Fi video cameras in the car and how do they differ? According to the method of attachment and design, they are:
- mortise, installed in the drilled hole in the bumper;
- mounted on the sign frame, they are easy to install, but also easy to steal;
- ceiling cameras are installed by replacing the frame of the sign;
- universal, fixed anywhere with self-tapping screws or double-sided tape, are also susceptible to theft;
- on brackets, you can change the angle of view, can be installed in the cabin, which prevents dirt from the camera, but impairs visibility due to too high an arrangement and possible glare on the rear window.
After choosing the most convenient and suitable design for the machine, you should pay attention to the following characteristics of the video camera:
- Resolution. Usually it is 582 by 500 or 720 by 576 points. The higher the number, the clearer the screen will be.
- Photosensitivity. This is the ability of a camcorder to produce a good picture in low light conditions. This figure can vary from 0.001 to 1 lux. Here, the lower the number, the better.
- The presence of IR illumination. Allows the camera to “see” in complete darkness. This is an optional element, it can be useful in the absence of a standard light on the car.
- Viewing angle. For these cameras, it must be large enough to avoid blind spots. But on the other hand, the larger the angle, the higher the optical distortion. The optimal range is 120. 160 degrees.
- Dust and moisture resistant. An important parameter, it is desirable that it be IP67 or IP68.
- Range of Wi-Fi signal. The bigger, the better. This is especially important for long trucks.
- Operating temperature range. The higher it is, the more likely it is that the camcorder will not fail when working in extreme conditions.
It is also important that the camera is able to display the image in mirror mode. This is familiar to the driver who is used to looking in the rear-view mirrors. This mode can always be turned off. Also useful can be the function of superimposing a special marking grid on the image to accurately determine the distance to the obstacle.
Wi-Fi rear view camera is a successful modern solution that helps the driver when parking and can serve as a video recorder. It is easy to install and convenient to operate. Let’s briefly describe the cost and some models:
- MS-53. Wireless rear-view camera with a fold-out monitor that automatically turns on when a signal from the camera appears. Installed in the frame of the number. Viewing angle. 170 degrees, temperature regime for normal operation:. 40/65 degrees.
- 8902BG. Connects to the reversing light. Equipped with a connector for all modern navigators.
- GARMIN BC30. A true flagship among Wi-Fi rear view cameras. When connected to a navigator, everything that happens from behind will be broadcast on the device’s screen.
- MasterPark 8DSN. Combined device. parking sensors (8 sensors) rear view camera (2 pcs). The image is transmitted to a monitor, which is installed in the rear-view mirror. The camcorder turns on automatically while parking. The distance to the obstacle is determined by a sound signal.
WI-FI TX-03 module for rear view camera, wireless connection
WI-FI modules TX-03 allow you to watch video on any device, be it a smartphone, tablet or car head unit on Android. And without a direct connection to the gadget via a wire. To successfully sync with the camera, your gadget must have an installed Android OS from version 2.2, or iOS from 4.3. This device can also be used as a CCTV camera and video recorder.
ZEROXCLUB Wireless Digital Rear View Camera Kit,1080P FHD Car Backup Camera for RV/Trailer/Truc
WI-FI modules TX-03 can also be used as a video recorder. There is a function of saving video or photo to a smartphone or tablet.
1. The device uses its own Wi-Fi module for wireless video transmission
2. With the client for Android and iOS, you can monitor in real time. In this way, the situation behind the vehicle can be monitored at any time. it’s very simple
3. The device must have OS Android 2.2 or later, or IOS 4.0 or later4. You will need to install the software application “WI-FI View” (PlayMarket or IOS)
1. Power supply: DC 12V
2. Power consumption: 1.5W
3 Current: 200mA
4. The time the picture appears on the device after turning on the WI-FI module
5. Working temperature:.20 70 ° C
6. Dimensions: 70 x 45 x 18.5 mm; Weight 47 g
7. The maximum stable transmission distance of the video signal is up to 100 meters.
8. Video recording format: MPEG
9. Resolution: 640×480
10. Turning on the WI-FI module. the red indicator is on
11. Connecting the WI-FI module to the device. the blue indicator is on
12.Connecting to the camera via RCA cable (included)
1.Install on the smartphone the application from PlayMarket or IOS. “WI-FI View”
2.Connect the WI-FI module to the camera using the RCA cable (included) e
3.Connect the WI-FI module to 12V power (you can use the reversing lamp wiring). Important: red wire. PLUS, black wire. MINUS
4.Turn on the WI-FI module with the camera (give 12V power).
5. Turn on WI-FI on your smartphone, in the section of available devices find the device “HDAV_fa26f5e0”, connect (no password is required).
6. Open the “WI-FI View” application on your smartphone. You should see a picture from the camera.
7. Further, when power is supplied to the camera and the WI-FI module, the picture on the smartphone appears automatically. Under the condition that the WI-FI View application will be open.
8.WI-FI View application can also make video and photo recording from the camera, as well as view them. All information is stored on your smartphone.
9.Up to 5 devices (smartphone, tablet, etc.) can be connected to WI-FI modules. Also can be used as CCTV camera and DVR.
10.When the WI-FI module is turned on, the red indicator is on. When connected to a device, the blue indicator on the WI-FI module is on.
1. WI-FI transmitter
2. RCA video cable
3. Power cable
4. Velcro fastening.
I invite you to cooperation, direct deliveries from the factory. Sale of small and large wholesale.
How everything works is presented in the following video.
Garmin BC 30
The camera is wireless and the view of the WI-FI control module displays what is happening next to the car when the reverse gear is engaged.
It allows you to view the image on the navigator screen.
The device is connected to a power source and the camera and navigation modes are switched. Garmin BC 30 provides quality visibility, reducing the risk of an emergency. The device allows you to detect both stationary and moving objects in the path of the car.
TOP 4 wireless rear view cameras with Wi-Fi module for car
A Wi-Fi car rear view camera is a device that transmits images using radio waves. When choosing a system, it is necessary to pay attention to the characteristics that ensure reliability and ease of use. You can install the camera both independently and with the help of a specialist.
LOOK-IT a Truly Wireless Backup Camera System for Vehicles
Neoline CN10. the device facilitates the process of parking at night, with limited visibility and dirt on the car windows. It displays obstacles behind the vehicle. This makes it possible to perform the maneuver correctly. The Neoline CN10 camera module is connected to the navigator wirelessly. This makes it easier to install and use the device. The device has built-in parking guidelines.
How to choose
When choosing a model of a wi-fi image transmission system and a type of device, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Constructive performance. Installation of a video system affects the appearance of the car, therefore it is recommended to choose models that can be hidden.
- The method of connecting the camera to information display devices. Video can be sent to the car navigator built into the rearview mirror or the on-board computer display.
- Optical system characteristics. First of all, pay attention to the viewing angle. The coverage width of the visible space depends on this. However, angles that are too wide may blur the image. The optimal value is considered to be 120. 170 °.
- Matrix type. Rear view cameras can be equipped with CCD or CMOS converters. The first ones are distinguished by increased light sensitivity and good picture quality. The disadvantage is the low speed of signal conversion. CMOS matrices differ in affordable cost and speed.
- Matrix resolution. The clarity of the resulting image depends on it. For parking cameras, a resolution of 0.3 megapixels is sufficient.
- Color system. All modern devices are colored. This makes the image easier to read. The signal at the output from the camera is converted to one of the PAL or NTSC color standards. The required one is selected when setting up the device.
- The number of TV lines. The indicator characterizes the type of output signal. It is analog and has 2 resolutions. horizontal and vertical. The number of TV lines in rear view systems is most often 420-520.
- The presence of parking lines. A quality fixture should overlay a grid over the image. Lines help determine the distance to an obstacle. This feature can be disabled in most cameras.
- Operating temperature range. The device must operate smoothly in all climatic conditions. The seasonal temperature range in some areas reaches 100 ° C. The highest quality chambers can withstand temperatures down to 25 ° C. Their performance does not deteriorate even when heated to 65 ° C.
- Dust and moisture resistant. The camera can have a minimum, medium or maximum degree of protection against the effects of damaging factors. In the first case, it is allowed to get jets of water and dust on the body of the device. With the maximum degree of protection, the device functions even when immersed in water.
A versatile device that delivers a color image and has an affordable price. The device has an average level of security. It is equipped with a CMOS sensor and built-in parking guidelines. The model is a good value for money.
The system has the following characteristics:
- the ability to control a large area of the space located behind the car;
- the presence of a Wi-Fi module that facilitates installation and preserves the interior trim;
- the tightness of the case, which allows the product to be operated in humid or cold climates;
- increased photosensitivity;
- automatic mirroring to help you see objects in the correct position;
- automatic start, triggered when reverse gear is engaged;
- the presence of parking lines;
- the ability to install in a license plate, which makes the camera compatible with any car model;
- the presence of mounting holes on the camera body.
When choosing a complete set of a car camera with wi-fi and a type of system, it is recommended to pay attention to the models below.
Installation and connection
The installation of a camera with Wi-Fi is carried out as follows:
- holes are drilled in the tailgate (the video system is installed behind the license plate);
- cables are routed from the transmitter to the transmitter (the wires are passed through the previously drilled holes);
- the wire in the trunk is connected to the Wi-Fi module;
- the wireless module and antenna are fixed;
- the red wire is connected to the battery or the ignition switch;
- the black cable is connected to ground, the yellow cable is connected to the reversing lights.
Do not install the wireless camcorder module near metal parts. Metal distorts the signal generated by the dispensing unit. Software installation is required to connect the device. The programs work with Android operating systems 2.2 and higher. The camera can be connected to the IPhone. After downloading the bundled software, they check the system performance.