Choosing the best webcam
Like any technology, webcams come in various models and differ in their appearance, cost and functionality. In order for the device to fully fulfill its obligations, it is necessary to pay close attention to the process of its selection. This article will take a closer look at how to choose the best webcam.
What is it and what is it for?
Internet technologies do not stand still, developing more and more every day. The webcam has long been one of the most favorite gadgets of most PC users. The main task of this device is to provide video communication via the Internet. However, the functions of this device DO NOT end there, because they also make it possible to take pictures, send images, conduct online video broadcasts.
That is why today almost no business or person can do without such a gadget.
Most of the laptops on the market have a built-in webcam, but they are not of high quality. Modern manufacturers offer their customers a variety of models, which differ in their professional characteristics and work wonders in the field of video messaging.
There are many types of webcams on the market today, including wireless small options and even underwater models that boast a wide viewing angle.
Despite its minimal dimensions, the webcam is also characterized by a built-in audio device. In other words, any model has a built-in sound module, which ensures full communication. Initially, such devices did not have this module, so the microphone had to be together separately. Today, most manufacturers prefer to install microphones, which are characterized by impressive sensitivity and provide excellent sound quality. A distinctive feature of these microphones is that they are able to automatically tune in to receive sound. The most advanced webcam models feature excellent microphone performance, including surround sound.
In order to provide high quality dynamic images, some models boast the presence of automatic focus. Basically, the device adjusts itself and also keeps the subject in the center of the image. If a few years ago this function was available only on expensive models, today it is difficult to see a webcam without autofocus. The main convenience of such models is that it will not be necessary to carry out manual adjustment, as well as constantly adjust the position of the object.
The autofocus function allows the device to independently select the most important object, and also makes adjustments in the future.
The function is simply Indispensable when you need to create snapshots, if the webcam is used as a camera. The picture is stabilized much better and any interference is eliminated. In addition, the photos obtained thanks to this technology are much easier to edit and carry out their correction. The fact is that the image has clear contours, which makes the process of color correction easier. Very often Advanced webcams are used to create a surveillance system where the auto focus function is extremely important. It not only allows you to turn on the device when motion is detected, but also immediately directs the lens to the object.
One of the most important parameters in the process of choosing a device is the resolution of the camera. Most of the models on the market have a 720P matrix, but you can find more advanced Full HD (1080P) options. A distinctive feature of such a camera is that it is wide-angle, therefore it guarantees remarkable characteristics of color, depth and sharpness. It should be noted that such a picture quality can be obtained Not only due to the impressive ability of the matrix, but also the presence of unique software, as well as the speed of the network.
In other words, even if the webcam is with a 1080p matrix, and the connection speed is poor, you will NOT get Full HD output.
Such devices can boast of a huge number of features, among which the following can be distinguished:
- Stable equipment operation;
- The function of self-determination of any objects;
- Correction of the picture depending on the conditions in which the operation takes place;
- High quality optics with all glass lenses;
- The presence of ultra-sensitive microphones, which can transmit clear sound without any distortion.
A huge number of models are presented on the modern market, which differ in their appearance, cost and functionality. Among the most popular and demanded devices with Full HD resolution, the TOP of the best models can be distinguished.
- Microsoft 5WH-00002 3D. a unique device that was developed by American engineers. A distinctive feature of the camera is high detail, as well as good picture sharpness. In addition, close attention has been paid to color rendering, which is as close to natural as possible. The webcam boasts an internal microphone with advanced noise cancellation so you can clearly hear the other person’s voice. One of the advantages of the camera is the TrueColor function, which allows you to track a person’s face. Autofocus works at a minimum of 10cm, and the wide-angle lens ensures high-quality images. The build quality is also on a high level: the product does NOT play or deteriorate.
- Razer Kiyo. A distinctive feature of this wired model is the presence of a special circular illumination, thanks to which you can conduct a high-quality online video, even if there is not enough light in the room. For the gadget to work, it will not be necessary to install any software drivers, which greatly simplifies the operation process, especially for beginners. The main disadvantage is that the manufacturer does NOT offer any fine tuning programs, so you will have to use third-party applications. With a matrix resolution of 4 megapixels, the Razer Kiyo boasts an excellent 82-degree viewing angle. The appearance of the webcams is quite interesting: the model is made of white plastic.
- Defender G-lens 2597. a cheap model with a 90-degree viewing angle, which boasts an advanced function of increasing the picture at once ten times, as well as the ability to Track the face and conduct automatic focus. That is why the gadget is very popular with people who are professionally engaged in 4K streaming. There is a photo shooting function right on the webcam, which greatly simplifies the process of using the gadget. During development, close attention was paid to the sound quality. There are several stereo speakers here, which guarantee the highest quality sound. In addition, there is an advanced sound processing system using digital programs. The universal mount allows you to adjust it to fit any monitor. If necessary, the camera can be mounted on a movable tripod.
- HP Webcam HD 4310. universal products that will be an excellent solution Not only for Stream, but also for work in different programs. The main advantage of the device is that it is fully compatible with any messenger. In addition, the use of HP Webcam HD 4310 makes it possible to speak at once on three video calls. The presence of advanced functions allows the user to quickly share the recording on social networks or forward another. This model is actively used as an element for remote monitoring, and its unique design allows it to successfully fit into any interiors. On the front side there is a unique lighting, and on the sides there are microphones, which provide high quality sound. The webcam boasts excellent viewing angles and records at 30 frames per second. The device also features advanced focusing that takes place intelligently in auto mode. Engineers made sure that the HP Webcam HD 4310 could independently improve video quality without user intervention.
- Logitech Group. This model is NOT an ordinary webcam, but a full-fledged system with which you can even hold Videoconferences. Together with the camera, a control system is also offered, which consists of a speakerphone and second devices. The microphones boast advanced metal housing insulation. Thanks to this, it is possible to significantly increase the sound quality. In addition to automatic focus, the engineers have equipped the model with 10x digital zoom, so the picture does NOT lose quality. It also has an advanced digital processing function that enhances video in real time.
- The Logitech HD Webcam C270 boasts an original look and great dimensions. The outer panel is made of durable and high quality plastic, which is also famous for its glossy finish. The main disadvantage is that a large amount of dirt or fingerprints can accumulate on the surface. The built-in microphone is right next to the lens. The stand has an original shape, thanks to which you can attach the camera to the monitor. The main advantage of this product is that it will not need to install any drivers for operation. The manufacturer offers proprietary software for detailed customization, but its use is optional.
- Creative BlasterX Senz3D. a model that boasts advanced technology. The main advantage of the device is that it is able to automatically determine the depth of space, and also follow any human movements. In addition, the engineers have equipped the webcam with a special Intel RealSense technology. One of the advantages of the camera is the presence of many sensors, which make it possible to improve the image quality.
- A4tech PK-910H. an affordable camera that boasts great functionality. A distinctive feature of the device is the ability to transmit colors that resemble natural as much as possible. In addition, the device has great sound. This effect was achieved thanks to the use of a small microphone with noise suppression function. Since there is no need to install any drivers, the webcam can work with any operating system. It is detected automatically, and the configuration process takes place without user intervention. The main difference between A4Tech PK-910H and other devices on the market is that you can choose the resolution here. The sound quality is at an acceptable level, and there is almost no noise.
- Microsoft LifeCam Cinema. one of the most sophisticated webcams on the market, boasting a wide angle lens. It is thanks to this that the device provides high image quality, and also allows you to select the size of the picture. A distinctive feature of Microsoft LifeCam Cinema is the presence of the True Color system, which allows automatic adjustment of exposure, as well as adjusting the light sensitivity of the matrix.
In order for the purchased webcam to be able to fully fulfill its obligations, you need to pay close attention to the selection process. Several basic parameters should be noted.
- Matrix type. According to this parameter, a webcam does NOT differ in any way from a conventional camera. Here you can install CMOS or CCD matrix. The main advantage of the first option is that it almost does not consume energy, and can also quickly read the image. But among the shortcomings can be noted the minimum sensitivity, which is why interference often occurs. As for the CCD matrix, it allows you to reduce the amount of noise to a minimum, but at the same time it is more power hungry in terms of electricity, and is also characterized by a high price.
- The number of pixels. In this case, it is worth giving preference to the model that boasts the maximum number of pixels. Thanks to this, the image will be as detailed as possible. If you need to get a good picture at the output, then you need a 3 megapixel webcam at least.
- The frame rate, which determines, first of all, the recording speed. If this indicator is minimal, then the video will be smooth. In other words, there will be constant jerks while viewing the image.
- Focus type. Models on the market with Multi-focus types. The manual option assumes that each time you have to twist the device yourself to ensure that the object hits the center. Automatic assumes that the webcam will be able to configure itself and thereby produce the highest quality image. Fixed focus does not change focus at all.
In the process of choosing the most optimal webcam, you should also pay attention to the additional capabilities of the device. Among the main similar functions are the following:
- Password protection. some models boast multi-level protection, so only the owner can get access to it;
- Motion sensor that is capable of detecting any moving objects; this is extremely important for cases when you need to use a webcam as part of a video surveillance system.
Thus, a huge number of Full HD webcam models are presented on the market today, which differ in their functionality, appearance and cost.
In the selection process, you need to pay attention to parameters such as matrix resolution, video recording speed, as well as additional functions. The webcam can record video in 4K, work wirelessly using Bluetooth or via a USB connection. Despite the opinion that low-cost models cannot boast of high quality, budget devices are quite capable of delivering images in Full HD, which is quite enough for conducting your own video blog or talking on Skype.
CCTV camera Nobelic NBLC-3231F (2MP) with a viewing angle of 82 °
- 3 years warranty and 24/7 free engineering support
- Ivideon cloud service support
- Watching videos in any web browser
- Mobile applications for watching videos iOS, Android
- Reliable encryption of transmitted data. when connected to the Ivideon cloud service.
Power adapter or POE power adapter for this camera model sold separately.
Outdoor IP-camera Nobelic NBLC-3231F. professional camera with built-in video surveillance service Ivideon in bullet form factor with a fixed lens. The camera body is protected from adverse weather conditions according to the IP67 standard. The camera is suitable for monitoring objects in all areas of business and public life: HoReCa, offices, retail, warehouses, construction, healthcare, education, service sector, ensuring the security of residential complexes, country houses and summer cottages.
- High image resolution
- Smart IR Adaptive IR
- ROI function
- WDR function
- 3D DNR technology
- BLC technology
- PoE technology
High image quality:
The camera is built on the basis of a 2MP 1 / 2.8-inch progressive CMOS-matrix with a maximum resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels.
Smart IR Adaptive IR
Smart IR adaptive infrared illumination automatically adjusts the radiation power depending on the distance to the observed object in the frame. This avoids overexposure to objects close to or approaching the camera.
Night vision mode:
The device is equipped with a built-in IR illumination with a range of up to 30 meters, which makes it possible to carry out night observation of areas.
Region Of Interest. (Area of interest). Users can set higher quality for different areas of the image in the selected areas selected on the screen. The area highlighted in the frame is recorded at the highest quality, the rest of the image is recorded at a lower resolution. Using this function significantly reduces traffic and space occupied by the archive.
The WDR function allows you to organize high-quality viewing of both light and dark areas of the frame, which allows you to use the camera at the entrance to underground parking lots, entrances to warehouses, restaurants, business and shopping centers.
3D DNR technology
3DNR technology suppresses image noise in low light.
Back light compensation technology or back light compensation. When the mode is turned on, the microprocessor will equalize (smooth) the illumination across the entire field of view of the camera.
Thanks to PoE technology, power and the Internet are connected to the camera using one cable: this makes the installation of the camera quick and convenient, and its presence in the interior. harmonious (no extra wires).
Best webcams 2020
While laptops and ultrabooks are already equipped with bearable cameras, desktop users still need quality webcams. With our help, you will find one of the best webcams to meet your needs, be it content creation, Youtube blogging or just remote work that requires keeping in touch with your team.
Since the offer is vast, it is easy to get confused when choosing. The ranking of the best webcams in 2020 will help you in your search. Whether you are looking for something with 4K resolution, 360-degree viewing angle or a quality microphone, you will find something that suits your needs.
Top 10 rating according to KP
Ease of use low cost
It’s not the most attractive webcam, but LifeCam Studio is NOT really designed to be attractive. Instead, it’s built for business conferences and presentations, with 1080p recording, 720p live video calling and wideband microphone for crystal clear sound. This is a serious peripheral that needs a powerful PC for maximum customization. but that does NOT mean it lacks the bells and whistles on its own. For example, it comes with 360-degree rotation and Microsoft’s TrueColor system, which will dynamically shift exposure for good lighting.
Many useful settings High video quality
One of the best budget webcams, the Microsoft Lifecam HD-300 offers 720p video recording for daily video calls and group chats. The camera is enhanced by Microsoft’s LifeCam software, which offers many filters and effects to customize your appearance, as well as options to adjust the default resolution. You can also use the app to easily record photos and videos to your hard drive or share them on social networks. Lifecam HD-3000 is Skype Certified, which is worth keeping in mind if you primarily use Microsoft’s online chat application to stay connected.
Affordable price usability
The Razer Kiyo may look odd, a testament to Razer’s unique design, but it’s still one of the best streaming webcams that’s incredibly popular these days. With the Kiyo, Razer has ditched a lot of the bells and whistles that more premium webcams offer, focusing instead on what matters most to gaming streamers and YouTube bloggers. good image quality and lighting for the “light ring”. You don’t need to spend a lot of time setting up a stream. just plug in your Razer Kiyo and get started.
Built-in lighting High image quality
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream has the same stylish design as its predecessor, the C920, but this time it’s especially interesting for gamers. The C922 still boasts excellent 1080p video quality, great for making video calls, and its automatic low light correction makes it a fantastic camera for off-light streaming. It also supports background removal, making it perfect for beginner youtubers.
High quality audio and video Background blur function
Have you ever looked at a webcam with disdain because it just can’t match the video level in your smartphone? Well then the Logitech Brio might be the webcam you’ve been looking for. With 4K UHD and HDR, the Logitech Brio brings High Fidelity to the world of webcams. If that’s not enough, it also boasts Windows Hello functionality and an easy-to-use kickstand that lets you lock it in place to capture your best side.
Very high quality footage Windows Hello support
The C930e claims to be Logitech’s most advanced HD camera, so it’s no surprise that it’s also one of Logitech’s most expensive offerings. However, unlike traditional webcams, which rely on PCs for all tough scenarios, this device also encodes video, which in turn should result in improved video quality. The 90-degree field of view means it is well suited for business video conferencing and presentations. But I would like to be wider. And of course she is Skype certified for PC and Mac.
Self-encoding video High quality recording
Logitech’s C920. This is a solid camera. It supports 1920 × 1080 (30fps) resolution during Skype conferences, as well as 1280 × 720 resolution during Apple’s FaceTime, Messenger, and more. If you’re just recording video, you can take advantage of the higher Full HD resolution. Images, however, are captured using a “natural” resolution of 3 MP or software enhanced to 15 MP. These capabilities are provided by an excellent glass lens supported by 20-stop autofocus, automatic low-light correction, dual built-in microphones with automatic noise reduction and a 78-degree field of view. If you’re worried about camera privacy, there is a physical shutter here.
Good value for money autofocus
Some of the webcams on this list have 90 degree viewing angles, allowing for minimal group conferences. Webcam Video Conferencing Logitech Conference Cam BCC950 strives to provide the best solution. Since it is difficult to control a webcam during a conference, the BCC950 comes with a remote control that allows you to tilt the camera to focus on INDIVIDUAL speakers. This 1080p conference camera has an extended camera head that can tilt approximately 180 degrees, giving everyone a chance to be seen. In addition, it is equipped with a speakerphone function, making it easy to hold small group conferences by capturing voices without being in the immediate vicinity of the camera. The camera is optimized for Skype, Microsoft Lync and several other video streaming software, making the BCC950 an attractive solution for businesses around the world.
Highest possible viewing angle Remote control quality microphones
Logitech C615. It is a 360-degree PTZ webcam that captures crisp and vivid 1080p Full HD videos. This webcam offers flexibility and fluidity with great performance that only a few webcams can match. It has a 360-degree full-motion rotating camera with autofocus for sharp images and a built-in microphone that filters out background noise for the best possible voice recording in the foreground. Low light recording is also pretty good thanks to automatic light correction technology.
360 degree viewing angle High definition recording
Unfortunately, the choice of webcams on the domestic market is very narrow: new models rarely appear simply due to the fullness of the stationary PC market, and mobile devices (laptops, tablets, smartphones) have long been equipped with their own cameras.
Our roundup includes five of the best models to look out for, based on value for money. Also below, get acquainted with the main characteristics of components and recommendations for their selection.
Key features of webcams
Matrix type: determined by the characteristics of the photosensitive elements,
Shaping the image. By the method of processing a digital signal, they are distinguished:
- CMOS matrices (fast signal processing from all parts at the same time; suitable for video communication via Skype, video conferencing, is cheaper than CCD);
- Matrix CCD (processes the signal more slowly, One by one from each element; costs more, creates a better image, suitable for video tracking and security).
Resolutions are characterized by the number of elements / pixels.
pixels. higher camera resolution. better image quality.
- 320 × 240 pixels. minimum for video communication. Fortunately, such equipment is already on the shelves and cannot be found;
- VGA 640 × 480, a common standard sufficient for Videoconferencing;
- HD 1280 × 720 and 1280 × 960. digital image of increased quality, with such a camera you can even take quite good photos;
- Fullhd 1920 × 1080. widespread, but according to some, already even partly excessive resolution in the age of falling sales of stationary PCs in favor of mobile solutions (laptops, tablets, smartphones of various diagonal). in them the transmitted quality of the “picture” can simply not be appreciated.
- Ultra HD 4K 3840×2160 and 4096×2160.Maximum webcam resolution. The cost of a camera with such a resolution is especially high, and the areas of application can be counted on one hand. and there is hardly a place for the usual home use scenario.
Optics for webcams can be made of plastic or glass. The quality, accordingly, depends on the cost of the optics used in the model.
- Manual: the user adjusts the sharpness of the camera independently;
- Automatic (autofocus): autofocus is not required for standard Skype communication, for security and professional purposes. almost irreplaceable. Autofocus camera automatically focuses on a moving subject, eliminating motion blur.
The type of focus, like the type of optics, affects the cost of the webcam.
The sensitivity of the matrix to lighting. this is far from the primary parameter for a regular webcam that is used for communication. If the camera is used for the second purpose, the user’s requirements for the sensitivity of the device should be increased.
The viewing angle of a webcam should be taken into account if the camera will be used in an educational institution or in an office for video conferencing and presentations. A camera with a wide angle of view captures a moving lecturer, for example, explaining something on a graph.
Frame frequency. this is the number of frames per second. This parameter is responsible for the plausibility, reality of the picture; and is important even for Skype communication with relatives. The frame rate is also indicated in Hz. Cameras with CC from 9 to 90 Hz are on the market. The higher this indicator, the more “real” and more natural the picture.
- USB 2.0 (most common)
- USB 3.0 (for high definition cameras)
- Wireless (via Wi-Fi).
Mount Type: Table Stand, Wall Mount, Clothespin.
Cable length: usually from 0.5 to 2 meters and determines the convenience of using the device.
Built-in microphone: opinions of users are divided on this matter. It is more convenient for someone to use a separate microphone or a microphone with headphones, for others, the built-in device is often enough. The need for an external microphone can often be explained by either insufficient quality built-in microphone, or specific requirements for it in general.
How to choose a good webcam?
- Compare video cameras with different types of matrices. Determine how important the above webcam specifications are for you.
- Pay attention to the compatibility with the operating system. Most webcams on the market only support Windows.
- Webcams labeled “HD” claim high image quality as they use the appropriate digital technology. This affects the cost of the device. When purchasing such a camera of an unknown model from an unverified seller, be careful about the rest of the characteristics, since the manufacturer could save on the second parameter in order to position the main advantage. HD.
- For high-resolution webcams, a high-speed Internet connection is a must.
- Internet speed also affects the performance of the camera at high frame rates. The best option is 30.70 Hz, however, with “uncertain” or slow Internet, take a closer look at cameras with a frame rate of 15 Hz.
- A webcam with a Wi-Fi wireless interface also needs a high-speed Internet connection. In addition, your computer must support this capability. If the Internet is unstable, it should be borne in mind that the wired connection is faster. If your camera does NOT require more complex tasks than talking with parents living in another city, you will hardly need a wireless device, and it costs an order of magnitude more.
Logitech HD Webcam C270
A budget device with a 720p full-size image in widescreen format. The camera is equipped with an automatic light correction function, and adapts the color reproduction in a brightly lit or darkened room. Frequency of 30 frames per second is enough to get a high-quality image when talking on Skype.
Built-in noise canceling microphone makes voice transmission natural. The camera can be mounted on a monitor or placed on a shelf.
- Matrix: CMOS;
- Resolution : 1280 × 720;
- Modes support: 1280 × 720, 30 Hz;
- Interpolated megapixel resolution (still image): 3 million pixels;
- Lens angle of view: 60 °.
- Connection: USB 2.0;
- Cable length: 1.5m.
- Compatibility: Windows XP / Vista / 7, Mac OS X 10.4.9 and above;
Optional: built-in RightSound microphone, monitor / shelf mount, face tracking, HD 720p video calling, warranty. 2 years.
- Widescreen camera;
- Image quality;
- Saturated colors;
- Automatic illumination correction;
- Fast installation;
- CD with software included;
- The ability to customize the resolution;
- Motion detection sensor;
- Window with real-time settings in working mode;
- Working status indicator;
- Good microphone;
- Focal length;
- Not everyone likes the mount, but when installed on a monitor with narrow frames, it covers part of the picture;
- The camera does not rotate;
- There are white stripes in the picture (solved by installing the software)
- Face tracking function slows down.
Microsoft LifeCam Studio Webcam
Full Screen High Definition Camera Microsoft LifeCam Studio supports high quality 1080p Full HD video recording at 30 frames per second. Thanks to auto adjustments, which quickly adjust the clarity of the image, the picture looks real. Compactness and business appearance make this device a good addition to modern office and home PC.
- Matrix: CMOS;
- Resolution : 1920 × 1080;
- Lens viewing angle: 75 degrees;
- Connection: USB 2.0;
- Cable length: 1.8m.
- Compatibility: Windows XP and above;
Additionally: image interpolation; built-in microphone, monitor mount, face tracking function, warranty. 1 year.
- Color rendering;
- Image interpolation;
- Work indicator;
- In stock. lens plug;
- No drivers are required. everything is downloaded and installed the same.
- NOT perfect auto white balance
- Possibly overly sensitive microphone;
- Fullhd video. marketing ploy (runs only with paid software)
- Slow autofocus;
- With prolonged continuous work, “throttling” begins.
Canyon CNS-CWC6 webcam
A fairly new (last year 2019) budget (4-6 thousand rubles) webcam with a maximum photo and video resolution higher than standard FHD:
- A photo. 2560 × 1140px
- Video. 2048 × 1536px
The universal mount will allow you to mount the camera on most convenient surfaces, and the unusual design will decorate these surfaces. Users note a fairly “fair” video resolution without “dancing with a tambourine” (unlike the previous Microsoft) with excellent detail and good viewing angles. The disadvantages include NOT the best microphone and overpriced. Suitable for Skype and video conferencing, in which the standard FullHD mode is activated by default.
- Matrix: CMOS;
- The number of megapixels: 3.2;
- Resolution : 1920 × 1080, 2560 × 1440;
- Modes support:
- 640 × 480 @ 30Hz
- 1280 × 720 @ 30Hz
- 1920 × 1080 @ 30Hz.
- Image quality;
- Good build;
- Good color rendering;
- Stylish appearance;
- Universal mount;
- Software on mini-disk and website.
- There are no external indicators of work
- NOT perfect quality of the recorded sound;
- Heats up with prolonged use.
Logitech HD Webcam C922
Thinking of a professional webcam suitable for both home and office, for communicating with your grandmother and foreign, demanding partners, and finally for “banal” streaming? The Logitech HD Webcam C922 can satisfy every need except perhaps one: the need to save money on your purchase. The optics allows you to focus correctly in a variety of (sometimes rather difficultly lit) scenes, the microphone picks up well enough distant sound. But there are also drawbacks: the camera software is demanding on the PC hardware, and all the software “buns” are implemented only on the current Windows 10.
The package bundle is also nice: in addition to the standard universal mount (weighty, which gives more stability) there is a small (18 cm) tripod with retractable legs in the box.
- Matrix: CMOS. 2MP;
- Resolution : 1920 × 1080;
- Support for modes: 1280 × 720 60Hz and 1920 × 1080 30Hz;
- Lens angle of view: 78 degrees.
- Connection: USB 3.0;
- Cable length: 1.5m.
- Compatibility: Windows XP and above; Chrome OS, Android 5 or higher.
- Excellent color rendering;
- Expensive glass optics “Carl Zeiss”;
- Build quality;
- Shooting in the dark;
- RightSound noise canceling microphone;
- Fast connection.
- Software disc comments;
- Photo and video shooting is available only after downloading the software;
- The maximum resolution can be obtained only after installing the software;
- Does not turn.
Webcam A4Tech PK-910H
A budget camera with good clarity and quite clear sound. In the active state, it “glows” with a blue light. To achieve the maximum resolution and frame rate, the device requires high-speed Internet. After downloading the software to improve the quality of FullHD video, users are advised to set the “Color space and compression: MJPG” setting. Suitable for FaceTime and Skype. no more.
- Matrix: CMOS (2 MP)
- Resolution : 1920 × 1080;
- Interpolated resolution in megapixels (photo): 16 million pixels;
- Lens angle of view: 60 °.
- Connection: USB 2.0;
- Cable length: 1m.
- Compatibility: Windows XP / Vista / 7, MacOS X 10.4.8 and above;
Optional: built-in microphone, monitor mount, autofocus.
- Built-in microphone quality;
- Linux compatible;
- NOT standard operating mode backlight;
- Easy to install;
- Build quality;
- The frame rate is 30 Hz, declared by the manufacturer, but does not correspond to reality (in fact. 15 frames per second)
- High level of “noise” in the image;
- Autofocus is NOT perfect (fixed focus)
- Short wire;
- Simple packaging.
Let’s sum up
Of the considered models of webcams, all are equipped with built-in microphones and CMOS matrices. In terms of price and quality, the Logitech C922 model with glass optics from TM Carl Zeiss stands out from the rest. This camera is more expensive, but the video / photo quality sets it apart from others.
All webcams participating in the review are suitable for Skype communication.
For video shooting and obtaining high-quality images, budget models are not quite acceptable. When using proprietary software for webcams and having manual settings, remember that the higher the frame rate (fps, Hz), the less shaking the image will be when shooting moving objects. This is useful if you need to record a Videoconference, video review or training seminar.
The webcam has the main purpose. communication. Often this does not require too high a camera resolution, but other parameters are more important, which make the use of the device more convenient: a noise canceling microphone, an operating mode indicator, the ability to rotate the device and a good universal mount. Each webcam discussed above has a number of nice advantages.
JMK JK-6636 (636HD) Miniature Dome Anti-Vandal Color Wide Viewing Angle Camera
Please support us in your social. Networks!
Dear friends! When buying for an amount of 10 tr. You can choose a gift!
Anti-vandal dome miniature video camera “JMK JK-6636” (636HD) with a wide viewing angle up to 180 degrees, designed for use as part of video surveillance systems and video transmission to a recorder for recording or to a monitor for viewing video in real time.
The camcorder has a convenient mount with the ability to adjust the tilt of the camera, which allows it to be installed on horizontal, vertical and inclined flat surfaces.
With a 180-degree camera angle of view, you can use only one camera with a wide view of the room, instead of several video cameras with a narrow angle of view, which significantly reduces equipment and system maintenance costs.
- Reviews 1
Due to its miniature size, anti-vandal housing and wide viewing angle, the camera is the best solution for installation in elevator cabins of residential buildings, public buildings.
- Wide 180 degree viewing angle, allows you to achieve maximum view of the video monitoring room.
- Miniature dimensions 42.5 x 48 mm. They make it possible to install a video camera in a protected room so that it does not attract the attention of strangers, and the video camera will perfectly fit into any interior.
- 540 TVL resolution provides better picture quality.
- Vandal-proof metal body. Allows you to use the video camera for installation in public places where there is a risk of damage and vandalism from the video camera.
- The universal mount allows you to mount the camcorder on an inclined, vertical or horizontal flat surface, and thanks to the ability to change the angle and direction of the lens, you can easily set up the camcorder during installation.
- Matrix: 1/3 “Sony CCD
- Resolution: 540 TVL
- Viewing angle: 180 °
- Minimum illumination: 0.5 Lux
- Gamma Correction Factor: 0.45
- Tilt angle: 42 °
- Supply voltage: 12V
- Consumption current: 550 mA
- Working temperature:.10 ° C. 50 ° C
- Dimensions: 48 x 42.5 mm
- Weight: 96 grams
- Camcorder JMK JK-6636 (636HD). 1 PC.
- Power adapter from the 220V network. 1 PC.
- A set of screws. 1 PC.
- The instruction is in Russian. 1 PC.
Genius WideCam F100 review
02.10.2013 | Category: Reviews | Posted by:
Quite unexpectedly for me, the next contender for writing a review article turned out to be a device that has nothing to do with overclocking, and does not give out crazy “parrots” in 3D brands and space “gigahertz”, and does not affect computer performance at all. In today’s article, we will focus on a device that is designed to satisfy some ordinary human needs, such as talking on Skype with friends or relatives from somewhere in Germany, or “frowning” in broadcasts and video chats. As you may have guessed, I’m talking about a webcam. To be specific, this review is about the Genius WideCam F100 webcam.
To be honest, I have never been interested in webcams as a class of devices, and I have no idea about the various know-hows among webcam manufacturers. Therefore, my opinion on the device will be based only on my experience of using the Genius WideCam F100, of course, accompanied by examples.
COMPLETE SET AND APPEARANCE
Before us is a transparent blister pack, under which are the inserts with the camera specifications and, as you might expect, the camera itself. From the front, we can get full information about the camera. The first thing that catches your eye. This is the Full HD logo. Further, the gaze stops at the inscription “Ultra Wide Angle“, which can be understood in no other way than “Ultra-wide viewing angle“. Below, on the green label, the Genius WideCam F100 specifications are described in a little more detail. here and support for Full HD (1920 × 1080 pixels), and a viewing angle of 120 degrees, and a resolution of 12 Megapixels, and a stereo microphone, as well as the ability to rotate the camera 360 degrees. Photo of a family idyll. on the sofa imposingly four people are sitting and, apparently, talking to someone on Skype. Shows off the beauty of communicating with a wide-angle camera.
On the back of the package is the same information in which I described above, just to illustrate the features of the camera, several more different illustrations are offered, well, there is a description of the product in 27 languages, including Russian and Kazakh. The entire contents of the package are as follows:
The design of the webcam is made in a simple style, so the camera can be comfortably located on any monitor Not only at home, but also in the office. In addition, the “wide angle” of the camera clearly hints at the possibility of online conferences with more than one person.
The Genius WideCam F100 can rotate in a circle, so it will NOT be difficult to turn it in the desired direction. The camera mount is made in the form of a rather “soft” clothespin, which is usual for most cameras.
The vertical tilt angles are large enough, about 45 degrees, which allows you to direct the device’s gaze both “to the ceiling” and “to the floor”, if you wish.
As for the drivers, at least with Windows 7 x64, they won’t even be required. Just plug the camera into any available USB port and it’s ready to go. Despite this, the drive comes with a small tool from Genius, which is placed as a driver. But using it is not at all necessary. It does not have a lot of functionality: change the frequency (50 and 60 Hz) and enable / disable something called IPM.
In addition to this utility from Genius, the disk contains the ArcSoft WebCam Companion program, the serial number for which is located on the back of the envelope. The functionality of this utility is quite simple. It allows you to record and edit videos, take pictures, and the main menu is represented by three buttons: “Delight”, “Funny frame”, “Edit”.
The left part of the “capture” reflects the video that has already been recorded using this utility, in the center, in fact, the current image from the camera, and at the top right there are various settings.
Below the video, which is located in the center, there is a toolbar. It allows you to paint over video.
Funny Frame does not allow you to record video, but it does allow you to capture a photo with a fun design. For example, the crab really made me smile.
The main menu item “Edit” allows you to adjust the brightness or contrast in the place you want and send the video to social networks. Flickr, YouTube. That’s all its functionality. In principle, I would not expect anything more from him.
To my great regret, it will catch the moment at which I could shoot a video in good lighting conditions, I could not. Either work, or cloudy weather. On the other hand, many of you, most likely, just like me, get to Skype and similar applications only after the end of the working day.
The camera turned out, in my opinion, very interesting. Yes, a bit weak with automatic white balance yaky depends on the direction of light, and light. For example, in the first frames of the video there was no obvious yellowness, but after changing the camera position, it appeared. In general, the image that the camera produces is quite good. The built-in microphone of the camera works very well, and the viewing angle allows you to gather 5-6 family members in front of the camera to communicate with relatives, while everyone will be visible. Or, for example, a camera can work well for multi-person conferences. Another point about the speed of the Internet connection: you need to have a good outgoing Internet channel for HD calls.
The recommended cost of Genius WideCam F100 in Kazakhstan retail is 89, which is comparable in price and quality with similar solutions, so you should not lose sight of the Genius solution when choosing a camera.
Viewing angle of cameras intended for video surveillance
When choosing a quality video surveillance camera, you need to take into account a lot of parameters: body type, sensitivity, resolution, as well as color or black and white. In a number of THESE parameters, on which, as a result, the quality of video recording depends, is the angle of view.
What is the viewing angle and what does it affect?
CCTV camera viewing angle. it is a quantity that determines the area of the territory that falls into the field of view of the camera. Depends on the angle of view on criteria such as the focal length of the camera lens and the size of the matrix.
The relationship between focal length and sensor size, as well as their effect on the camera’s angle of view, is perfectly demonstrated in this table:
However, it should be borne in mind that the table contains data indicating the angle of view of the camera in the horizontal plane. If you need to determine the viewing angle for the vertical plane, you should take into account the ratio of the vertical and horizontal sides of the matrix, which is 3: 4.
Table of dependence of focal length on viewing angles
Comprehensive information is also provided by this table:
It can be used to determine the vertical, horizontal and diagonal viewing angles, depending on the focus distance of the camera, as well as the maximum allowable recognition range and the distance from which the picture will be really clear.
The focal length can be determined using the following formula: f = RA / L, where:
F. lens focal length (in millimeters),
R. distance to object (in meters),
A. size of the die side (horizontal or vertical) (in millimeters),
L. object size measured in meters.
However, at the obtained focal length, the subject will occupy the entire screen. So that it took only a certain part of the screen, in the formula should be amended. that is, the L value must be corrected: L ‘= 100L / h; h in this formula means the size of the object on the screen as a percentage.
So, to calculate the ideal focal length, the formula should be f = RA / L ‘.
A CCTV camera with a large matrix format and a small focal length will have the largest viewing angle. As the focal length increases and the matrix format decreases, the angle of view will also decrease.
Dependence of the focus setting on the image distance
However, it cannot be said unequivocally that a camera with a large viewing angle is much better than a camera with a smaller viewing angle. In many ways, which camera is preferable depends on the purpose and location of the video surveillance. Relatively speaking, if video surveillance is conducted in a long and narrow room, then there is no need for a camera with a large viewing angle. She simply does not realize herself in such conditions. But such cameras are very good for panoramic video surveillance, when not individual details are recorded, but the situation as a whole.
Cameras with a wide field of view (over 100 °) DO NOT distinguish objects at a great distance. For example, a person’s face cannot be discerned already from 3 meters.
Cameras with a thin viewing angle (less than 20 °) are able to recognize objects and fairly accurately transmit their external characteristics to a distance of 20 to 50 meters.
The normal, average viewing angle is the same as that of the human eye. 60-70 ° and the range is about 10 meters.
Photo example of the dependence of the focal length
If you need to cover a large amount of territory, but at the same time maintain clarity in fixing, transmitting and displaying distant objects, you can install a movable CCTV camera. However, in this case, it should be borne in mind that in the field of view of the camera, all zones will fall only one by one.