Samsung Evo Plus microSDXC 64Gb. with new technology
The memory card features a high-speed data transfer bus and a new file system from Microsoft, which is compatible with all operating systems of this brand.
The data saved on the phone is recognized through the card reader and LINUX, as well as the MacBook. Most Android mobiles freely “see” this file system.
- an adapter is supplied in the kit;
- high-quality Korean body assembly;
- interesting red and white design;
- 10 class of speed;
- reading from the drive at a record 80 MB / s;
- storing information in memory at 20 MB / s.
- does not communicate via adapter with Windows XP;
- when formatting to the system, exFat is not detected by some devices, although this is a native format (you may have to fix it on Fat32, which you have to redo the program yourself).
These memory cards are the best for phones used for modern games. With the function of autosave to an external drive and a high speed of interaction, they will allow the mobile to always work smartly, and the user to play football or shooters without freezing.
Such memory cards are necessary to save videos and photos in large volumes with rare access to a computer or the Internet. They come in handy on hikes or long journeys to provide a variety of multimedia leisure activities. They are also used by fans of numerous games on productive eight-core smartphones.
SANDISK Ultra microSDHC 32Gb. for shooting video on the phone
The model is suitable for those who like to shoot short videos on a mobile thanks to the 10th grade and support for data transfer at a speed of at least 10 MB / s with Full HD video quality2.
All this allows you to save the full volume of the file without losing frames. A drive with a capacity of 32 GB allows you to spend a long time with mobile resources without the need to transfer clips to a computer.
- the waterproof design of the card will protect the data from being erased even when the phone is immersed in water (by installing the device in a new mobile, you can regain access to the footage);
- convenient data transfer to other devices via the Android application;
- playing video from a drive at 48 MB / s will not slow down the video;
- high-quality Taiwanese assembly;
- nice silver design.
- sold without adapter;
SANDISK Ultra microSDHC 16Gb Class 10. with separate app on Google
The memory card has a separate application in the Play Store, which is installed on the phone and simplifies the exchange of data between the computer and the mobile.
The user does not need to understand all the folders of preinstalled and embedded memory, since the program displays only personal data, without system information, which makes it easier to find and select the path to move songs or videos.
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty;
- recording at a speed of 10 MB / s;
- reading mp3 files with a rate of up to 48 MB / s will not allow music to stutter or interrupt playback;
- nice silver design;
- own application in the Play Store;
- the function of automatic transfer of information from the internal memory to the storage device is supported (if this function is available in the phone);
- waterproof (if the phone falls into water and deteriorates, the data on the card will be saved).
- may turn off periodically;
- when the drive is full, it starts to work incorrectly.
QUMO 16 Gb Micro SDHC Class 10. for music lovers on the road
This memory card has a strictly black design with white letters giving the name of the manufacturer.
With 16GB of storage, you can download over 3,000 5MB songs and listen to them on the way to work or while jogging. The media weighs only 1 g. If you do not have a USB cable to transfer clips from your computer, you can use an adapter.
TOP 5: Best Micro SD Card 2020
- an adapter is supplied in the kit, so the device can be removed from the mobile and, if necessary, used on a camera, projector or camcorder;
- product warranty 5 years;
- card class 10, but it writes data up to 14 MB / s;
- reading the entered information at a speed of 15-18 MB / s;
- does not slow down when writing large files;
- easily removed from the package and simply inserted into the slot.
- may be detected, but not recorded on some PCs when transferring data to the phone;
- over time, it ceases to be detected and formatting is required.
KINGSTON microSDHC 32Gb SDC. for cartoons in the phone for a child
The external storage model will be the best for a child’s phone and saving cartoons on it due to its stable operation.
The company strives to maintain its brand reputation at a high level, so memory cards are highly reliable. The case is made of high-quality plastic, which is confirmed by the weight of 9 g, unlike other cards weighing 1-5 g.
- the volume of 32 GB is sufficient to store about 100 cartoons of 400 MB each;
- reading 45 MB / s provides playback without braking;
- video recording to the drive is carried out at a speed of 10 MB / s;
- long term of work up to 5-7 years;
- sold without an adapter, so you can only download files using a phone cable;
- cannot be inserted into a camera or camcorder to pick up pictures from there.
SANDISK Ultra microSD 128Gb. for powerful phones and video games
The model interacts with all modern smartphones and allows you to install numerous games with the placement of downloaded data on an external drive. This facilitates the lightweight operation of the mobile device and eliminates the need to uninstall previous game applications to download new ones.
- having your own application in the Play Store for data exchange;
- 60 months warranty from the manufacturer;
- capacity 128 GB;
- class 10;
- durable plastic weighing 12 g;
- speed x200 when exchanging data through the adapter included in the kit;
- the new exFat file system provides interoperability with any operating program;
- the first class of the UHS bus;
- the ability to install the adapter in positions for blocking overwriting;
- stylish red and black design;
- 80MB / s reading game files from media will ensure a smooth process.
Using SD cards in the smartphone’s memory
Let’s go back to the practice of using SD in smartphones. A fairly advanced class 10 memory card implies that its speed will be about 10 Mbit / s. This is not small, but at the same time significantly less than the read and write speed of the internal memory of the same new Samsung Galaxy or iPhone.
That is why many manufacturers have stopped allowing SD memory cards to be installed in their phones, because many people put the cheapest models in the largest capacity they can find. As a result, it really turns out that the speed of reading from them turns out to be much lower than from the built-in drive.
Buying, for example, a Samsung or an iPhone for a little less than 100,000 rubles, a person saves on an elementary memory card. That is, for example, the XC standard does not suit him. He does not want to overpay for 64 GB in a memory card, and it will be even more difficult to convince him that he needs a higher speed.
If we draw an analogy with Compact Flash memory cards, then the difference between them can vary up to 5 times. For example, we take a Compact Flash 133 memory card and a Compact Flash 1067 memory card. If we are talking about the conditional 64 GB, then the 133 card can be taken at a price of about 4000-4500 rubles maximum, and 64 GB for 1067. even for 10,000 rubles hard. Although the difference can be even greater, and it is due to the speed.
But those people who take SD memory cards at such a speed understand why. For example, in order to write video in Apple Pro Resolution, that is, in a codec that practically does not use compression and allows you to write in the format of the richest color correction. Photographers can draw an analogy with what it means to shoot in RAW format. Anyone who has ever shot with his camera in RAW format will not shoot in any other format. And to work with it, you need to install a high-quality SD card in the camera.
The main problem is that most people buy the cheapest SD memory card. And as a result, then from time to time everything in their smartphone slows down, and they start scolding him. Now there are a huge number of smartphones with 4K video recording, for example, the same iPhone. Let’s imagine what it would be like if there was a memory card in it?
Surprisingly, not those who buy the latest iPhone models are mostly people who do not make very good money. This is due to the fact that poor people are the absolute majority, while rich people are much less. Imagine that a person borrows a 32 GB iPhone and at the same time inserts an SD card there. But since he has little money, he saves and takes a low-end memory card. Do you really think it will be enough for 4K video recording??
How to determine the class and write speed of an SD card?
First of all, we look at the format. SDHC or SDXC. Below is an inexpensive SDHC memory card with a maximum capacity of 32 GB for this type. We also see that it has class 4, that is, the write speed is from 4 MB / s. This option (only in micro SD version) is quite suitable for an inexpensive smartphone.
But below the map is more abrupt, it is more difficult to understand the characteristics and there are more inscriptions. It is also in SDHC format. And despite the smaller volume (16 GB), it is already class 10 with support for UHS-I (U1) with a write speed of 60 MB / s. This can already be used not only in the phone, but also for recording video in good resolution on a camera or camera.
Finally, the most advanced 64GB SDXC card in this collection:
- Speed class. 10, V90
- UHS. 3, UHS II
- Read and write speed. 300 MB / s
So we decided, for a smartphone you need to choose from microSD cards, in cameras and camcorders, ordinary SD are most often used. But that’s not all. among flash drives there is another division into categories according to the type of memory itself built into the device’s microcircuit. Write speed and data storage volume depend on them.
- Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) is the most popular memory card format today, offering good speed and reliability. The only limitation that can stop is the maximum supported size. only 32 GB. If the smartphone has enough internal memory, then SDHC can be increased a little, and this will be enough. If the phone itself does not have such a large amount of internal storage, then it is better to look towards a different standard. Another nuance is the use of the FAT32 file system, which is characterized by the fact that the maximum size of a single file should not exceed 4 GB. This places a limit on the download of high-definition movies weighing more than 4 GB.
- Secure Digital Memory Card (SDMC) is another fairly common format that is very similar in properties to SDHC. The same 32 GB maximum volume and 4 GB per document
- Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (SDHC) are the most technologically advanced memory cards that support large storage capacities (from 4 GB to 2 TB). At the moment, I would recommend using them, especially for high-definition video recording, since SDHC uses the exFAT file system, in which the size limit for a single file is 256 TB, which is many times more than the internal capacity of a memory card. The only “but” is the price. SDHC memory cards are quite expensive, used in professional devices, and not everyone can afford it. Also, inexpensive smartphones may simply not have built-in support for this format.
Why do not they put SD cards in smartphones today??
Have you ever wondered why most manufacturers at this time began to restrict the ability to install SD memory cards? It all started with the very lucrative and lucrative marketing of Apple. For example, a Micro SD card up to 16 or 32 GB could easily cost you up to 1,000 rubles. That is, for this money it was possible to take a card of a higher class, and this is regardless of the dollar exchange rate, which was then and now.
At the same time, the difference between 16, 64 and 128 GB devices, if we are talking about the same Apple, comes out much more, about 100 for each increase in memory twice. That is, you add 100, and take a 64 GB card, add another 100, and already take on 128 GB.
Approximately the same pricing policy applies to Apple and most of the firms that produce smartphones now. In particular, this applies to the Samsung Galaxy. For many fans of the company it was a complete surprise that they have recently given up installing an SD memory card in some of their smartphones. over, one can observe that cheap smartphones with memory cards still have such an opportunity.
Types of sizes
If, nevertheless, you are lucky and you own a smartphone with support for SD memory cards, then you need to decide which one you can install into it. Decide on the form factor first.
- SD cards are the largest cards with a size of 32×24 mm. They are mainly used in cameras and camcorders
- mini SD. medium-sized memory cards, they can also be seen installed in cameras or video recorders, but such a form factor comes across very rarely
- micro SD is the smallest memory card standard that has gained immense popularity for installation in small devices. phones, tablets, surveillance cameras, radios, speakers, etc.
Modern phones usually work with microSD cards, because, due to their miniature size, they take up little space inside the case.
SD card classes by write speed
All flash drives are divided into classes (class) by write speed. When choosing an SD memory card for your phone, be guided by the highest class. In this case, you can record high quality videos on it without any problems. Many manufacturers of car DVRs generally restrict work with SD cards of a lower level at the software level.
Best Samsung Micro SD Card for Different Devices
- SD 1.0. 8 MB to 2 GB
- SD 1.1. up to 4 GB
- SD Class 2. write speed not less than 2 MB / s. 13x
- SD Class 4. write speed not less than 4 MB / s. 26x
- SD Class 6. write speed not less than 6 MB / s. 40x
- SD Class 10. write speed not less than 10 MB / s. 66x
Also, the speed value can be supplemented with the letter “V” and a number next to it, indicating the minimum write speed.
- V6 (Class 6). write speed from 6 MB / s
- V10 (Class 10). from 10 MB / s
- V30 (Class 30). from 30 MB / s
- V60 (Class 60). from 60 MB / s
- V90 (Class 90). from 90 MB / s
These are SD cards of an even higher level, and they are used mainly for recording high-definition video.
But this is not the limit. There are SDXC and SDHC SD memory cards with increased speed for the most demanding tasks. Again, for recording video at the highest resolutions currently available. They are designated as “UHS”, which stands for “Ultra High Speed”, that is, ultra high speed.
- U1. guaranteed write speed from 10 MB / s
- U3. guaranteed speed from 30 MB / s
UHS compatible SD cards will have a letter “U” with their class number on them.
To clarify the speed, there are also additional designations for the maximum recording speed:
- UHS I. write and read speeds up to 104 MB / s
- UHS II. up to 312 MB / s
SD Memory Card. Which Is Better To Choose For Smartphone On Android?
An SD memory card, or simply a “flash drive”, is an indispensable storage medium that is used in all modern devices, from an Android smartphone or a camera to a video recorder. How to choose the right class of SD memory card, what other parameters to pay attention to when buying, About all this in this article
Which memory card to choose for the phone?
So, if you have a phone, DVR or camera with decent specifications, then splurge on a good SD memory card! Pick up your memory card at the fastest speed you can take. There is the HC standard and the XC standard, which has the ability to install more memory cards. up to 200 GB. But if there is no money, then it is even better to take a smaller volume, but a higher write speed.
There are many marketing gimmicks now, so when purchasing a memory card for your camera, smartphone or DVR, you should definitely look at the reading speed.
No matter what is written, no matter what tricks the manufacturer writes, such as: ultra, super, superspeed, turbo, you should objectively look at the read speed and write speed.
For a flash drive with 8 GB memory from Silicon Power, you will have to pay 550 rubles. It is not cheap for such a volume. In addition, the flash drive belongs to the 4th class, so the write speed will be low. But it is not designed for FullHD recording, it is better to save photos, audio files on it.
Pros. durability. The memory card is used extensively in phones that do not have the highest technical requirements. A defect seems unfair. Therefore, Silicon Power models are the last to recommend. When choosing, you must first consider the models of manufacturers that are higher in this rating.
How to choose the right memory card for your smartphone
It would seem that it is difficult to buy a memory card. We decided on the required volume, found a profitable offer and got it. Directly because of this user approach, some manufacturers have ended up releasing flagship phones with expandable memory. If you have a microSD card handy, take a look at how much is written on it. It is this information that will help you make the right choice.
Speed and class
The speed of SD memory cards is the most confusing feature for an unprepared reader, and this is reasonable, because Secure Digital samples predict four different gradations, which partially overlap with each other! Let’s try to figure it all out.
The speed class is indicated on memory cards by a number inside the letter “C”, which corresponds to the low speed of sequential data writing. In total, there are 5 classes of speed with even indices, from Class 2 to Class 10. The latter corresponds to a write speed of 10 MB / s.
UHS Speed Class is used in memory cards with UHS bus support, indicated by the number inside the letter “U”. Now the ideal predicts two such classes, U1 with a higher write speed of 10 MB / s and U3 with a higher write speed of 30 MB / s.
The speed class is indicated on cards designed for shooting and using MLC NAND memory. Indicated by a number to the right of the letter “V”, which ranges from V6 to V90 and indicates the highest write speed in MB per second.
The application performance class defines the IOPS (IOPS) of the memory card, which guarantees the highest transfer rate of inconsistent data. The sample provides classes A1 and A2, and the sequential write speed on such cards cannot be lower than 10 MB / s.
Despite the availability of options, in most cases, a card of the most common class U1 with a guaranteed write speed of 10 MB / s will be enough for a phone. Such a memory card will handle even Ultra HD without problems: Honor 9 shoots such videos with a bitrate of about 4 MB / s.
All information on media cannot be stored forever, because they have a certain lifespan. The average media resource is 10,000-1,000,000 rewriting cycles, although in practice the figure is lower. In general, the longevity of a MicroSD drive depends on use and build. Models from unknown brands do not lend themselves to serious control during production, therefore they can break down after 2-3 weeks of operation. As it follows, if you do not understand which memory card to choose for the phone, then it is better to give preference to a well-known manufacturer, let the cost be slightly higher.
When choosing the best memory card for your phone, you first need to consider the type. There are only 3 standards:
- Microsd. the capacity of these cards does not exceed 4 GB.
- Microsdhc. up to 32 GB.
- Microsdxc. up to 2 TB.
The latter type of card can be inserted into a standard microSD slot, but must be supported by the operating system. Therefore, when choosing such a drive, it is imperative to clarify whether the phone’s OS supports memory cards of this standard. In most cases, drives of the indicated type are supported by flagship phone models, state employees are limited to the MicroSDHC standard.
Speed, class and microSD buses
Speed of operation is a complex and controversial parameter for novice users. SD samples provide several steps that intersect together.
To designate the speed class, the number inside the letter “C” on the flash drive is used. There are 5 classes:
- Class 2;
- Class 4;
- Class 6;
- Class 8;
- Class 10.
The latter assumes a write speed of 10 MB / sec. You should pay attention to this when buying cards for phones. There is also an application performance class where write speeds exceed the 10 MB / s mark.
UHS Speed Class is indicated by the number inside the letter “U”. There are only two classes: U1 and U3. The write speed is 10 MB / s and 30 MB / s, respectively. Reading speed. 90 MB / sec. This is for fans of shooting in Ultra HD (4K) format.
On removable media used for shooting, the speed class is indicated. For designation, the number near the “V” sign is used, which is in the range of values from V6 to V90 and means the highest write speed (MB / sec).
Despite the many options, for any phone, a U1 class microSD card with a write speed of over 10 MB / s will do. A similar flash drive is also suitable for flagship models that support Ultra HD shooting.
When buying memory cards for phones, you must take into account the UHS bus (not to be confused with the class of the same name). It is presented in 3 versions, which differ significantly from each other:
Top 5 BEST Micro SD Card of (2021)
1st. the most popular and supported by all phones. UHS-II is used only in memory cards for professional cameras, cameras and some phones of the flagship sector. UHS-III only exists on paper.
[box type = “info” align = “” width = “”] You shouldn’t pay more for flash drives with support for the second bus type, because even though it can be installed in any phone, it will not bring benefits. [/ box]
How to choose a memory card for a smartphone
Despite the fact that modern phones are often equipped with 128 GB of internal memory, and sometimes all 256 GB, support for memory cards for many still remains a fundamental parameter when choosing an accessory. The explanation for this is common: if you take a lot of photographs or shoot. then, in the field, it is much easier to simply change the memory card when it is full than to find a computer and a card reader. But how to choose the right memory card so that the phone does not let you down at the most inopportune moment, we will tell you in our article.
How to choose a memory card for a smartphone and other equipment
It may be needed, for example, for phones with a small amount of permanent memory. Also for cameras, recorders, etc.
Fortunately, choosing a memory card is even easier now than 10 years ago, when every manufacturer of technology experimented with its own formats. At the moment everything “settled down”, and this greatly facilitated our task.
We almost always need a memory card for our phone. On it, for example, you can store media files (photos,), thus unloading the small amount of permanent memory from these files. True, not all models of modern phones support the introduction of cards.
SanDisk Extreme Plus UHS-I U3 Memory Cards
They are also not the fastest microSD cards on the market. The company recently announced a line of UHS-II cards that are capable of delivering up to 275MB / s read and 100MB / s write speeds. Impressive, but not so simple here. Modern smartphones cannot take full advantage of the UHS-II standard. That’s why you should opt for the slower and cheaper SanDisk Extreme Plus. These cards can hold up to 128GB of data and have a read / write speed of 95/90 MB / s.
SanDisk Ultra 200GB
Our first recommendation is the SanDisk Ultra 200GB. A card with that much memory is certainly not cheap, but you can store, for example, an impressive 10,000 songs in FLAC format. The read speed is 90 MB / s and the write speed is 40 MB / s. good enough for 4K video recording, but not quite right for its price point.
Kingston uhs-i u3
The Kingston brand is known in the market for the reliability of its products. Its memory cards offer write speeds of up to 80MB / s, more than enough for burst shooting and 4K video recording. What’s more, they come with a lifetime warranty. The 128GB U3 model can be purchased for 85, but if that’s too much for you, you might want to look at the smaller 32GB and 64GB options.
Samsung PRO U3
Samsung has its own line of microSD cards, and the top model among them is the Samsung PRO. The manufacturer promises to transfer data at a speed of 95/90 MB / s, which is actually excellent. For 128 GB, you will have to pay 89, while 64 and 32 GB will cost 50 and 25, respectively.
1956 saw the introduction of the IBM 350, the world’s first drive. It was as big as a vending machine and cost more than a house and only held 3.75 megabytes. the size of one song in MP3 format. Today, 60 years later, a smartphone can store thousands of times more data, and still fits in a jeans The development of technology does not stand still.
Free space, one way or another, as usual, is not enough for many users, and this becomes a problem. Smartphone memory is constantly crammed with gigabytes of applications, music, photos and videos. This is why many mobile device manufacturers, including Samsung, LG, and HTC, still allow you to expand your internal storage using microSD cards. Using one of these cards is an easy and reasonably cheap way to add free space to your Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, LG G5 or HTC 10.
There are a huge number of microSD cards available on the market from different manufacturers, and they all have different specifications. Finding the best one for your gadget can be very difficult, so we decided to collect the most interesting and tell a little about them.
PNY Pro Elite 64GB U3
PNY offers its own alternative in this class of microSD cards. The 64GB Pro Elite U3 offers 95MB / s read speed and 90MB / s write speed. You can only find one 64GB model and it will cost 50.