How an IP camera differs from an analog one: description and differences
The era of digital technology provides a lot of opportunities for humanity. The advent of modern devices makes life much easier and more comfortable. In addition, the level of security has increased significantly. This is due to the ability to install various video surveillance systems. Cameras are present on the streets, in public places, and also serve to protect private households. The most popular are analog and IP cameras.
WiFi vs Wireless camera vs PoE IP camera
IP camera, its features
- IP server.
- IP address.
- Network interface.
Such cameras are capable of working and transmitting information using a local network, as well as using an Internet connection. The advantage of such a device is the ultimate autonomy, no need to purchase and install additional equipment. The only thing that must be of high quality and reliable is the data transmission line-cable.
WIFI Camera Vs IP camera ! Which camera you should Buy!
Having your own static address allows you to receive information from the camera from anywhere in the world where there is access to the Internet. Depending on the design and operation of the camera, there are:
External ones are distinguished by a set of those functions that can protect devices from the effects of weather conditions. moisture, wind, low temperatures. In addition, outdoor cameras have a set of protection against mechanical impact and vandalism.
Indoor cameras that are installed indoors do not have such a set of protection, which explains the low price position. Most of them transmit images in HD quality. The design and appearance of an IP camera may differ, which determines their functionality and intended purpose.
- Hull. The most common cameras that have a rectangular protective case. They have a low price.
- Compact. They are distinguished by their small size and the ability to work with a wireless connection, via Wi-Fi. Applicable where there is a need to install them in a hidden place, for example, in banking structures.
- Dome. They have a special shape of the camera, which is very difficult to damage or pull out from the installation site. Ideal for places where there is a possibility of damage to the video surveillance system.
- Cylindrical. Made in the form of a cylinder, which has fasteners in the form of brackets.
- Swivel. These IP cameras can rotate the view, which is carried out remotely.
Any IP cameras can be additionally equipped with microphones, night illumination, motion sensor.
Analog cameras, features
Analog CCTV cameras are devices that convert an image through a luminous flux that enters through a lens and is transmitted through a coaxial cable. Connection is via RCA or BNC connectors. The video stream is read by connecting the VCR to the monitor.
Depending on the purpose and design, analog cameras can be:
- Street. Designed to work in an external environment, they have a special design and a protected case. External cameras are equipped with IR illumination, high focal length, and night mode. They can be of various sizes, miniature, domed or cylindrical. Small cameras are often black and white.
- Internal. They are used for video surveillance inside
the house, as a rule, they do not have a night mode, are less light-sensitive and are cheaper. Can be made in a small housing that can be used for flush mounting.
What is the difference between an IP camera and an analog one?
Both types of cameras do an excellent job of video recording both outdoors and indoors. The difference is the connection method. Analog devices transmit information directly to the reproduced VCR device with subsequent display of the image on the monitor. IP cameras can send information to the server, they are more expensive, but they are easier to install than analog ones.