It is reasonable to divide analog cameras into two subtypes. Outdated models. refer to technical means that have been used for a long time, are not able to meet modern needs. But they can quite successfully integrate into a single large system to solve problems without strict requirements.
The second category of analog cameras belongs to the AHD standard.
They can fit any CCTV application, delivering high bit rates and picture quality.
At the same time, this class of devices can be selected for the optimal solution to the exact task.
For example, obtaining an image of rapidly moving objects for monitoring highways. Or. large area monitoring models.
The advantages of the combined systems include the possibility of optimal planning of the data exchange infrastructure. Here it is easy to organize monitoring of remote points up to 1500 m using analog cameras and at the same time save money by installing simple digital models in offices.
The advantages of combined structures can be summarized as the following list:
- optimal investment in signal transmission and intermediate data processing infrastructure;
- the ability to build peer-to-peer segments using combined video recorders to which analog and digital cameras are connected;
- simple organization of remote access according to several basic schemes;
- easy integration into local computer networks and other data processing and accounting structures.
Combined video surveillance offers the use of a variety of real-time image processing software. At the same time, the capabilities of analog and digital cameras are equalized.
The main advantage of digital cameras is the widest possibilities of integration and remote access.
As a short list, the benefits of digital systems can be summarized as follows:
- ready-made digital signal at the output;
- easy access through standardized interfaces;
- low data flow due to built-in coding systems;
- a variety of data processing techniques in real time: software motion detectors, image enhancements and much more;
- small weight and dimensions of the chambers;
- easy integration into computer networks.
The user is often interested in a simple remote access technique.
By purchasing a digital camera that supports connection and interaction with cloud services, you can view the video stream on a smartphone or computer screen anywhere in the world.
If, on the scale of a small office or apartment, digital solutions can be called the leader of preferences, then in the conditions of an enterprise and monitoring of distributed objects, the disadvantages of IP cameras appear.
- The length of the route for connection via USB interface does not exceed 5 meters.
- Twisted pair line length is only 100 meters.
- Weak translators and transmitters do not allow organizing wireless data exchange over long distances.
- Outdoor camera models are more expensive than their analog counterparts.
When organizing a large-scale network, where there are many cameras, you will have to face such phenomena as the need to allocate a large pool of addresses. There is also the problem of overlapping radio transmission bands and other difficulties. Therefore, building a fully digital video surveillance network is a very resource-intensive task that requires large investments.
The use of digital cameras is a modern trend.
The devices are compact, you can choose a model to solve a specific task, the choice of options in retail is very large.
Security Camera Types Explained: How Do I Choose Security Camera? Complete Guide For All
Types of video surveillance systems: advantages and disadvantages of each type
Modern video surveillance systems have long stepped over the bar as the main factor of application as a means of increasing security.
Today, equipment of different classes allows you to solve a wide variety of tasks, from utilitarian recording of what is happening, to recognition of car numbers, faces, work as security systems.
Therefore, when choosing a specific hardware solution, in order to obtain the optimal balance of price and functionality, it is useful to know what types of video surveillance systems there are.
Actually, most cases of disappointment in such structures are associated precisely with Spectra’s incorrect analysis of the assigned tasks and the choice of equipment to solve them.
All in all. with precise design, the combined system offers an optimal balance of hardware cost and level of functionality.
Criteria affecting image quality
Contrary to popular belief, a large number of megapixels is not a determining factor in good image quality, but is only one of the elements providing it. Of course, there is definitely a difference in picture quality between standard analog and IP, and it is quite significant, but speaking about the modern market and the race of manufacturers for megapixels, before choosing between 2 and 8 megapixels, it is worth thinking carefully, since it is often good IP camera with a resolution of 2MP for 10 thousand rubles. gives about the same quality as more expensive with higher values of this parameter.
There is also almost no difference between 720p and 1080p, despite the double the number of pixels. In addition, when the resolution is increased, parameters such as the sensitivity of the camera sensor and the ability to work in a wide dynamic range (WDR) can suffer, which also affect the quality of the resulting image.
Day / night mode and a few words about IR illumination
Camera with automatic color / monochrome switching and powerful IR illuminators Falcon Eye FE-IS 91/100 MLN Patrol. Price
Thus, if you plan to conduct video surveillance both during the day and at night, and want to receive information about all the details of what is happening, including color, choose camera models with day / night modes, which automatically switch to monochrome mode at nightfall. A necessary point when choosing cameras for night video surveillance is the presence of infrared illumination, which is absolutely invisible to the human eye, but allows the device to conduct surveillance even in complete darkness.
The range of the IR illumination varies within 5-50 meters, but with the use of powerful IR illuminators it can reach long distances. Illumination quality may vary from camera to camera. There are times when the illumination angle does not coincide with the viewing angle of the camera lens, while a bright overexposed spot is formed in the center of the frame. In some cameras, the power of infrared illumination can be adjusted depending on what is happening in the frame, thereby eliminating excessive illumination of the subject and the appearance of flares in the frame. Therefore, when choosing a camera for round-the-clock surveillance, these features must also be taken into account.
Analog or digital CCTV cameras?
The difference between analog and digital cameras is that the former work with NTSC and PAL signals and have the ability to directly connect to a monitor, and if you want to record what is happening, you will additionally need to connect a DVR or computer to the system. Digital IP cameras transcode the data received from the matrix into a digital signal, and using Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G wireless networks transmit the image to a cloud server, computer, or video recorder. thanks to this, you can follow what is happening even from your mobile phone, where whatever you are.
Outdoor IP camera Beward BD3370. Full HD 1920 x 1080 30 frames per second. The cost
Also, analog video cameras have a resolution limit of 720×576 pixels, and modern digital video surveillance cameras can produce a picture with a Full HD resolution. 1920×1080, which is several times higher than the possible analog resolution. Thanks to the high resolution, on video recordings from digital IP video cameras, it will be possible to see not only the general features of a person, his figure, clothes, etc., but also his face in good quality, and various small details that would be almost impossible to identify from analog cameras. It is up to you which camera to choose for video surveillance. analog or digital, but if you put image quality at the forefront, then digital IP video cameras will be the best choice for you. And if you are planning to install video surveillance with your own hands, you may need this information.
Attention! Updating information! With the advent of the new analog HD (AHD) security cameras, the old analog cameras have practically ceased to be produced. The maximum resolution of modern AHD cameras is 2MP (1920×1080. Full HD), so they can easily compete with digital IP cameras, especially since these devices have a relatively lower cost than IP cameras. Also, HD-TVI and HD-CVI from manufacturers Hikvision and Dahua can be found as variations of this format. You can read more about AHD here.
We install it outdoors or indoors?
An example of an outdoor CCTV camera Falcon eye FE IS720. Price
If you are planning to install CCTV cameras outside, then you need to know how to choose a CCTV camera for outdoor use. As a rule, outdoor models are equipped with a special protective case that protects the camera from low temperatures and other adverse environmental influences: rain, sun, etc. The camera body must be sealed and, if possible, equipped with a heating system for trouble-free use of the camera in conditions low temperatures. If in your area the thermometer does not fall below zero, then take a closer look at simpler models.
If you plan to install CCTV cameras in rooms with high humidity, then in this case it is also necessary to use devices enclosed in a waterproof case.
In order to exclude damage to the equipment by intruders, try to install cameras as high as possible so that it would be impossible to get to them without additional equipment. this way you will keep your outdoor CCTV cameras intact and safe in case of encroachments on your territory.
To implement indoor video surveillance in the absence of any additional environmental influences, as a rule, ordinary dome cameras without protective housings are used.
Wide dynamic range. WDR
Recently, WDR technology has begun to be used much more often. Previously, wide dynamic range was used only in premium devices, but now, thanks to the appearance of inexpensive sensors with support for this function, it has begun to be implemented in inexpensive cameras. But do not delude yourself with the presence of this parameter in the description of the camera. true WDR is still used only in expensive cameras, in most budget cameras. only its similarity, described by the manufacturer in confusing terms, and “wrapped in an attractive package”.
How to choose a camera for video surveillance?
Today there are so many different types of CCTV cameras that it is very easy to get confused in this variety of choices. In order to choose the right video camera, you must first understand what needs you plan to use it for, as well as determine the number of cameras, their technical characteristics, etc.
To facilitate your choice, we wrote this article, in which we gave 7 main criteria for choosing a good CCTV camera based on specific tasks.
Color or black and white camera?
Updating information! For the most part, today all CCTV cameras are produced in color, with the ability to switch to black and white mode in the dark, so the story about the choice between b / w and color in this part of the article has lost its relevance.
When choosing a camera for video surveillance, you need to decide whether the capabilities of a monochrome camera will suffice in your particular case, or if you still need a color image?
The advantages of black and white cameras, first of all, can be attributed to their low price compared to color models. Also, monochrome cameras under poor lighting conditions are able to produce a picture of higher quality without noise, when the image from a color camera under the same conditions will noticeably “make noise”. However, the manufacturers took this fact into account, and began to produce cameras that shoot in color during the day, and automatically switch to monochrome mode with the onset of darkness.
The main disadvantage of black and white cameras is that they work only in monochrome mode, when both color cameras are capable of transmitting more information about the object of observation. this can be attributed to their main advantage.
The disadvantage of color cameras is their higher price compared to monochrome ones.
What are CCTV cameras: varieties and recommendations for choosing
The types of CCTV cameras differ in their characteristics. You need to know them in order to make the right choice.
PTZ CCTV cameras are used in large areas. To do this, they have a special ptz mechanism that can rotate and change the position of the lens.
This can even be done remotely via the Internet.
Rotating dome cameras can be used both indoors and outdoors.
They have a high class of protection and can be used in areas with critical weather conditions, as well as where people are not always present (chemical and nuclear industry).
The operation of the camera can be configured, and then it will move automatically for a given time.
- high image quality,
- large viewing angle,
- the ability to remotely view and control the device,
- high security class,
- wide range of uses.
The disadvantage is the high cost of the device.
For home video surveillance, simple dome cameras are usually used, without special protection (unless, of course, we are talking about a room with high humidity). Internal models are usually small ”so they are easier to make invisible.
Internal devices can be wired or wireless. A significant disadvantage of using the first “is the laying of cables. In this case, video surveillance is difficult to hide from prying eyes. But the wired version also has its advantages: the availability and range of the signal. Wireless cameras have a short range and need power. Their disadvantage “is the high cost.
Full HD Tracking Equipment
Full HD CCTV camera belongs to digital devices. HD stands for High Definition. This parameter is set to a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels or 2.1 Mpx.
The camera has a photosensitive sensor, optical system, signal converter.
Such a camera has the highest shooting resolution, image clarity. They are more modern than analog ones.
The HD camera has a motion detector. With such a camera, it is possible to track a moving object, even in poor visibility or darkness.
Without it, it will simply be impossible to transfer data to the network. When connecting multiple cameras, each is considered separately, with its own unique video stream.
They are mainly used for covert surveillance, as, due to their small size, they can be easily installed discreetly indoors.
For the convenience of the user, such models can be both wired and wireless, with battery power.
Mini cameras can record to a memory card, or record via a GSM module to a mobile device. The lens of the devices is very small, so it is easy to hide them.
- can be easily and discreetly installed indoors;
- has excellent technical characteristics;
- can be used everywhere;
- increased protection class.
- wired models are more difficult to install discreetly;
- wireless devices have a limited shooting time;
- expensive compared to conventional cameras.
When installing new cameras, you can use the already laid cable routes, since modern models are also adapted for coaxial cables.
But with all the advantages of AHD cameras, they also have disadvantages:
- a lot of wires are needed for installation, power supply and DVR;
- cameras have restrictions on the view of the territory and cannot automatically fix the object;
- An analog video recorder is required for video recording;
- the number of cameras connected to the recorder is limited (no more than 32);
- high sensitivity of cameras to interference.
At this time, they are used quite rarely. The disadvantage of these cameras is that the lens and bracket need to be purchased separately.
Basically, enclosed devices are used outdoors, since there is no need to use models with protected enclosures indoors.
Thanks to the telephoto lens, the box camera is designed to show close-ups of a small area.
- the ability to change the lens and observe distant and near objects;
- high image quality;
- affordable cost;
- long range of signal transmission.
- the need to buy a lens separately.
What are CCTV cameras
To choose the right surveillance camera, you need to understand what criteria to evaluate the device.
The main principle is that there is nothing complicated here. There are many manufacturers of surveillance cameras, they all compete fiercely with each other, but there are no big fundamental differences in characteristics.
With the development of technology, historically, all cameras can be divided into two groups in terms of price / quality ratio:
Traditional video cameras. This includes classic analogue format, AHD and
IP video cameras. Digital cameras.
CCTV cameras: types and characteristics
The most familiar cameras. They are still chosen because of their lower price, however, the demand for such formats is falling rapidly.
Within this group, there is also a division into new and old categories.
Classic analog video cameras with D1 (704×576) or 960H (960×576) resolution, users are no longer interested, even at a low price. Technologies are developing very quickly, and now, for a small surcharge, you can get much better image quality.
The standard analog format cameras have been replaced by AHD and HD-CVI. They can be called a new generation analog video surveillance, with an aspect ratio of 16: 9 and HD 720p (1280×720) and Full HD 1080h (1920×1080) resolutions.
The advantages of the new format are improved clarity: small details, faces, car numbers or banknotes are now visible on the recording. In addition, such analog camcorders are still inexpensive.
The principle of operation of a traditional camera is to store the recording data on the DVR. It uses wires. you need to organize your own cable network. The picture can be displayed on a PC or TV in real time or stored in the archive. A copy of the archived recording can be transferred via a USB stick. They also watch videos remotely from a phone, tablet or computer, via the Internet. But only if the video surveillance system is connected to the world wide web, of course.
The future of video surveillance. digital: the most modern and advanced video recording system. IP cameras in comparison with others have the best picture and clear detail, because the image matrix of such cameras starts from 1 megapixel and more.
An IP camera is a small computer with its own operating system and information processing system.
The footage will be stored in the camera itself on a flash drive or in a virtual cloud. In large video surveillance systems for storing massive amounts of information, IP cameras can be connected to a video recorder. In any case, storing information on a USB flash drive directly in the camera itself is less reliable.
These cameras often don’t need wires. they can record video over Wi-Fi. The function of remote access to video in recording or in real time is always available from any media. From your phone, tablet or computer, you can see what is happening now in a particular room. Or raise the archive for a certain time.
The Best Home Security Cameras of 2020
For video surveillance systems with a large number of ip cameras, it is better to create a separate local area network with high bandwidth. This is necessary in order not to create a load during the recording of information and not to slow down the operation of other devices connected to the Internet.
IP cameras can be programmed to analyze the footage according to a variety of parameters: determining the number of cars, faces, counting people passing by. You can even filter out shots of faces in a particular color of clothing. Or search on the video recording of the exact moment where the car parked near the porch drove off. Or someone opened it.
Which video surveillance system is better?
A surveillance camera is not just an interesting toy that is chosen for financial capabilities. In order not to make a mistake in choosing, you should contact a professional. The installation of video surveillance of different types is suitable for different tasks, and in this case the most expensive does not mean the best.
A good experienced specialist will carefully study your project and task and recommend the product that suits you.
Do not be intimidated by the large area of the premises or open area: with modern technology this is not a problem. A parking lot, a shared office or a courtyard, which a couple of years ago was the work for a whole network of cameras, today will be within the power of a single video surveillance point. And the cost of observation in this case can be surprisingly low.
Every day, new interesting gadgets and technologies are invented in the world. In the next article we will talk about the possibilities of video surveillance, which you do not know exactly.
Features of the design of cameras for outdoor surveillance
Structurally, surveillance cameras are:
- Dome. for the street, this type of camera is used only in a special protected version. Their body is a hemisphere with a rotating video camera inside. With this design, you can get a panoramic image, as well as track moving objects (cars, people, animals).
- Box-type cameras are a classic type of outdoor cameras. They differ in affordable cost and wide optical capabilities. On the other hand, for arranging simultaneous perimeter video surveillance, you will need to install several cameras at one point.
In the question of which camera is better to choose for outdoor video surveillance, the following additional functions are a prerequisite:
- Moisture protection. provided by the tightness of the case. If the camera is installed under a canopy, a waterproof case will be enough, for installation in a completely open space, it is advisable to choose a waterproof case that can withstand not only frequent precipitation, but also short-term immersion under water, which will ensure stable operation even in heavy rain.
- Operating temperature range. for outdoor use, you should choose cameras for the extreme air temperature parameters throughout the year inherent in your region. The average available range is 50 ° C to 65 ° C. Also, in addition, to ensure uninterrupted operation, thermal housings and heaters can be installed.
- Backlight. as a rule, it is an infrared module that covers a certain range. This allows for covert surveillance at night, without illuminating the location of the night camera. The backlight range can vary from 10 to 100 meters.
- Dust Protection. Also provided by the hermetically sealed enclosure, which prevents dust from entering the system. On the other hand, no camera is protected from outside contamination of the lens, which can reduce the quality of the resulting image.
- Anti-vandal protection is a must-have feature for an outdoor camera. In addition to protection against mechanical damage, cameras can also be manufactured in fire and explosion-proof enclosures (for industrial facilities).
Popular brands of outdoor security cameras
When deciding which CCTV camera to choose for the street, it is important to consider not only the brand’s reputation, but also the adaptation of the product to the domestic market. Otherwise, it is likely that you will have to incur significant costs when building a security system, but most importantly, difficulties may arise with the technical support of the purchased equipment.
The best brands of surveillance cameras for 2017-2018 are represented by the following list:
- Samsung (South Korea). manufactures analog and IP video cameras of various configurations, as well as accessories for them. Has the largest number of service centers in the domestic market and provides products with a long warranty.
- D-Link (China). produces a wide range of digital equipment compatible with various types of software, including open source software. Differs in availability.
- Falcon Eye (Canada). offers two categories of products: economy class and professional level. It has been represented on the domestic market for more than 12 years and has full certification.
- POLYVISION (China). an affordable brand with a decent level of quality and a completely Russified interface.
- Hikvision (China) is one of the most popular brands in the CIS countries and Europe. Differs in low price and excellent quality of technology. The entire range of products for video surveillance systems is produced under this brand.
- Swann (Australia) is one of the oldest companies on the market, with offices in forty countries of the world, including the Russian Federation.
- AXIS is an international organization headquartered in Sweden. Today, it produces network cameras and other equipment for completing surveillance systems.
- Panasonic (Japan) is one of the best manufacturers producing all kinds of security cameras, accessories and software. Has good technical support in the CIS countries.
Outdoor cameras for parking areas and industrial facilities
To cover a large area, even one video camera may be enough, if, for example, its resolution is 4K. The viewing angle for such objects should be large enough from 60 ° to 100 °. This will cover an area of 10 meters or more. Since the most important for this type of objects is the timely detection and recognition of a potential intruder, the best choice for large areas is digital models with high resolution and varifocal type of lens.
As a rule, for industrial zones and parking lots, they choose classic box cameras, which are easily distinguishable and by their very appearance warn the intruder that the object is being protected. They can be equipped with a swivel mechanism, but often the set of cameras is positioned so that full perimeter coverage is performed without the need for rotation.
Signal transmission classification
Today, three main types of video cameras are used in security systems:
- Analog. is an optical system that transmits image signals to the DVR and monitor using a coaxial cable. Until recently, such cameras were distinguished by a low resolution of the resulting image, but since 2015 the technology has been improved, as a result of which video cameras of AHD, HD-TVI, HD-CVI standards have appeared, allowing you to shoot in HD and Full HD resolution. You can buy such equipment at a price starting from 40.
- IP Cameras (Digital). Also called network cameras. They are equipped with image capture matrices and processors that process it into a digital signal and, through an integrated network card, send data directly to SMTP and a Web server, eliminating the need for cables. This allows continuous monitoring of the object from any remote point where there is access to the Internet network. The cost of digital cameras starts from 70.
- HD-SDI cameras are a kind of hybrid of analog and IP video cameras. They create a completely digital image, but do not process it, but directly transmit it to the server via coaxial cable or fiber. The signal is encoded already on the server, in accordance with the specified parameters. The price for this type of equipment starts from 100.
Which CCTV Cameras Are Better For The Street
The technical parameters of CCTV cameras determine the security level of the entire security system. At the same time, if we are talking about equipment for the street, not only the quality of the resulting image should be taken into account, but also the ability to work smoothly in various weather conditions, as well as resistance to mechanical damage. On the other hand, when determining which CCTV cameras are better for the street, do not forget about the durability of the device itself, which is determined by the quality of workmanship and largely depends on the chosen brand.
Technical characteristics of outdoor video cameras
When choosing which CCTV cameras are better, it is important to pay maximum attention to the parameters of the optics and the capabilities of the electronics. So, modern street systems are characterized by the following qualities:
- Resolution and size of the matrix. all cameras, with the exception of the old outdated analog formats, allow obtaining image resolution from 1 MP to 5 MP. There are also 4K surveillance cameras with a resolution of 8 MP. On the other hand, the amount of space that falls into the frame depends more on the size of the matrix. The larger it is at the same resolution, the larger the radius of the viewed area.
- Angle of view and focal length. three types of cameras are used for streets: with panoramic view (capturing a large amount of space around the perimeter), portrait (a small area for effective face recognition of passing people) and medium-range (coverage of a small area). The quality and size of the resulting image in a given range determines the focal length of the camera’s optical system. The larger it is, the larger distant objects will look. There are also varifocal cameras that allow you to change the focal length and angle of view in a certain range.
- Signal-to-noise ratio. determines the image quality and the amount of errors (snow). The optimal ratio for the street is considered to be a ratio of 50 dB or more. It should be remembered that the lower the illumination of the observed area, the more noise in the resulting image.
- Excessive Light Compensation. The problem of image bleeding can occur on a bright sunny day or from outside light sources. To eliminate it in outdoor video cameras, two technologies are used. an electronic shutter (the exposure time of the frame is reduced) and an automatic device for adjusting the aperture (the diameter of the hole that lets light through is reduced). The first option is cheaper, but reduces the quality of fixing fast-moving objects.
- Color. surveillance cameras can operate in black and white and full color modes. The first option allows you to reduce the noise level in the image when shooting at night. The latter make it possible to more accurately assess the features of objects.
Cameras for the protection of home and household plots
If the object for protection is a private house with a personal plot, the best option would be IP video cameras. Since the flow of people for such objects is minimal, signal delays will not be a perceptible disadvantage. On the other hand, you can conduct remote surveillance even with a mobile phone. Also, there is no need to lay an expensive cable and all installation work can be done within one day.
Structurally, it is better to choose more inconspicuous models that can turn in any direction. That is why PTZ cameras in anti-vandal and waterproof design will be optimal. Focal length and resolution are selected depending on the area coverage. In this case, the task of the camera is to identify special signs that will make it clear whether a person or a stranger has entered the territory. If opportunities allow, it is better to choose at least HD quality for the yard, and Full HD is desirable for the entrance and part of the street. The optimal viewing angle for such objects is from 50 ° to 70 °, which is approximately equal to the characteristics of the human eye. When equipped with security cameras in private houses, a set of cameras with different parameters is often required.
Types of CCTV cameras
To determine the choice for the given operating conditions, you should understand what kind of CCTV cameras are. All modern models can be divided into groups according to a number of parameters.
Digital devices use a different way to process the incoming signal. The ADC installed in the camera converts the signal into binary code, which is transmitted over the twisted pair and opens up possibilities for video compression and processing. Signal conversion and compression simplifies data storage and allows image transmission to LAN or Internet. Popular compression algorithms for this type of CCTV cameras are MPEG-4, MJPEG, H.264 and H.265.
- high resolution image transmission;
- smooth broadcasting without video freezing;
- signal transmission range up to 500 m without additional equipment;
- transmission of sound, video and control signal via one cable;
- ease of installation and wide possibilities for upgrading old analog systems
Analog High Definition Equipment (AHD)
The technology represents the development of the analog data transmission standard. In cameras of this type, high-resolution matrices are used, which ensure the transmission of high-quality images with a resolution of 720p (1280×720), 960H (1280×960) or 1080p (1920×1080). Data transmission is possible both over coaxial cable and twisted pair.
CCTV camera classification
Video surveillance is an important component of production, trade and business. Modern tracking systems allow you to reorganize the security service, minimize costs and modernize work processes. However, in order to organize video surveillance, you need to understand the cameras. the main tool on which security systems are built. A competent choice of tracking devices can solve pressing issues with minimal waste and maximum performance.
- reliability and smooth operation;
- ease of installation and configuration;
- low purchase and maintenance costs;
- transmission of images without delays;
- flexible configuration, including remotely;
- video resolution up to 4K;
- the possibility of scaling, processing and analysis of the image;
- a large number of functions and additional options;
- technology potential
- interference associated with third-party electromagnetic fields;
- problems with storing a large number of videos
- lack of quality standards higher than PAL and NTSC
- no modern functionality;
AHD devices have collected the advantages of analog video surveillance, while leveling out the disadvantages. In terms of image quality, such cameras are able to compete with IP equipment and cover the security needs of private houses, apartments, offices or small businesses. However, analog cameras are not suitable for medium and large objects with high security requirements.