SAMSUNG TV does not see Wi-Fi, does not connect to the Internet. Connection error in the Smart TV menu and Internet does not work
One of the frequent problems with which Samsung Smart TV TV owners are faced. Internet connection issues. And if when connecting the TV to the Internet on the cable, everything works more or less stable, then with Wi-Fi connectivity. For example, not rare users write that there is no Wi-Fi in the SAMSUNG TV settings, it does not see wireless networks, or does not connect to Wi-Fi. In some cases, after connecting to the router in the SMART TV menu, Samsung TV, there is no Internet access in applications and browser. Internet connection error or server (“Network is not connected”, “there is no connection to the network”) in different applications. There are situations where, for example, the Internet does not work only on YouTube, or sites do not open in the TV browser.
If we are talking about connecting over a wireless network, you need to understand that the reason for some problems can be not only TV, but also a router. SAMSUNG TV connection itself to Wi-Fi is not at all complicated. I recommend to follow the link and try to connect Following the instructions. Perhaps everything will work out, and you do not have to deal with the decisions that I will tell in this article.
To begin with, I recommend seeing whether there is a Wi-Fi in your TV. If you are sure there is. miss a few paragraphs. In many SAMSUNG TV models (mostly old) with Smart TV function, there is no built-in Wi-Fi module. These TVs can be connected to the Internet either through an external USB receiver (branded, only from Samsung). either by network cable.
Check by three ways:
- If you have a Samsung TV without Wi-Fi support, then in the settings most likely there will be no wireless connection settings, or these settings will be gray (inactive). Or a TV will ask to connect a USB adapter (in the form of a flash drive).
- You can go to the TV settings, in the “Support” section. “Appeal to Samsung” (or “About this TV”) and srolling the page down, we will see the information about the MAS-address. The MAC address of the wired and wireless connection will be specified there. If in the string “MAC address is loyal.int.”Not specified Address, no this line, or there are all zeros (or other identical signs). that means Wi-Fi in the TV is not. On old models, this menu looks a bit different, but it does not matter.
- Learn the model of your TV and through the search (you can search for the SAMSUNG website) to find and see its characteristics. The characteristics will indicate whether there is a built-in wireless support. If optional is written in characteristics (or something like this). it means that there is no built-in Wi-Fi in the TV. But support for the wireless connection will appear after connecting the branded USB adapter. In more detail about this check, I wrote in the article on the link above.
If your TV does not support the wireless network (but there is a Smart TV). then you can connect it to the Internet using a cable. Or use a regular router as a receiver, or repeater. I told about it here.
Regardless of what your problem is (error). Before moving to some difficult solutions, I strongly recommend doing it:
- Fully disable TV for 10-15 minutes. Do not just turn it off from the remote control, and turn off the power (pull the plug out of the outlet). A very much case when such a samsung TV reboot solves problems with the Internet connection.
- Disable the router for seconds 30 and turn it back.
- Try Connect TV to another Wi-Fi Network. It is very important to check, because so we can find out what the reason for the Samsung TV does not connect to Wi-Fi, or the Internet does not work after connecting. You can distribute Wi-Fi from the phone on Android, or share the Internet with iPhone. Just note that some operators are now blocking distribution. The network is created, but without Internet access. So before connecting to this TV network, it is desirable to check for another device.
- Make sure that other devices are connected to the home Wi-Fi network and have access to the Internet.
Then we will consider solutions depending on the problem
You can immediately move to solutions of a particular problem (using navigation on the article above).
Fix LG TV does not connect to Wi-Fi
Let’s go to the basics. Reloading devices should usually help figure out this. In the case of Smart TV, simply turn it off and leave the power source disconnected. Do the same for your online router.
Leave them off for a minute or two, and then connect them again. Now that both devices are enabled, check whether the TV can connect to your Wi-Fi network. If it is so good and good. But if it is not so, you can continue to follow the troubleshooting methods below.
Even after resetting the settings to the factory settings, the TV will still not connect to your Wi-Fi network, it may be time to call to Support and send a TV to the service center if the warranty period has not expired. If it is not possible, it is possible to use the Ethernet cable as the main source of TV to the Internet. We hope that this guide helped you eliminate Wi-Fi connection problems on Samsung TV.
If you have ever had such a problem earlier, which method you used, and if it was not mentioned here, let us know about it in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев below.
If the TV does not find Wi-Fi network on 5 GHz
You need to change the Wi-Fi network channel in the router settings in the range of 5 GHz. Put a static channel 36, 40, 44, or 48.
First you need to go to the settings of your router. I do not know what a router you have, so I will leave a link to a universal instruction: how to go to the router settings. WEB-intees need to open Wi-Fi network settings.
Important! Change wireless network settings need for a range of 5 GHz. After installing the static channel, it is necessary to save the settings and restart the router. Also preferably disable TV for a few minutes.
I’ll show you how to change the Wi-Fi channel network on routers of some manufacturers.
These parameters can be found in the “Wireless 5GHZ” section (Wireless Mode. 5 GHz). In the “Channel” menu, we set one of the channels that I wrote above.
Save the settings and reboot the router. You can restart in the settings. Section “System Tools”. “Restart”.
This is how these settings look like on new TP-LINK firmware:
In the “Wireless Network” section, choose “5GHz” and change the channel for 36, 40, 44, or 48.
Apply the parameters and restart the router (“Restart” button at the top of the page).
Go to “Wi-Fi” section. “Basic Settings”. “5 GHz”. Put the static channel and apply settings.
If you do not know how on your router, change the channel number Wi-Fi network for a range of 5 GHz. Write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев model of the router. And it is desirable to attach a screenshot of the Web-intees (pages with settings). I will try to tell where and how to do it on your device.
I also ask to report in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, whether this decision helped you. Your Smart TV TV saw Wi-Fi 5 GHz network and connected to it? What is your TV and router?
If you found another solution to this problem. you can share with us in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. Good luck!
Causes why the TV does not connect to Wi-Fi
Unfortunately, the situation when the TV does not see Wi-Fi, are not uncommon. Malfunction occurs both at the stage of synchronization of devices during the first connection and in the process. Problems arise due to various reasons:
- Invalid settings of Wi-Fi router or television. Error often occurs when using the routers that are not recommended by the provider that refuse to work. In difficult cases, you may need a professional assistance.
- Insufficient power Wi-Fi signal, interference. The level of radiation is checked by a special program on the smartphone.
- Problems provider. If the signal does not arrive on the Internet cable, you must call Support to determine the cause.
- Outdated versions of SMART TV operating systems. Televisions with olders may not be connected with a wireless router. It is necessary to maintain software up to date.
- Program failure. It occurs without visible external reasons, the device is rebooted.
The reasons for which the TV does not catch Wi-Fi, much more. But here are typical faults that can be eliminated by users independently.
Unstable connection to Wi-Fi network
There is such a problem when LG TV is very unstable keeps Wi-Fi connection. Constantly turns off from the network, cliffs on Wi-Fi, the speed drops strongly, loses the network and t. D. Specific solution to this problem unfortunately. Everyone can have different reasons and, accordingly, different solutions. But since other devices at this time consistently keep the connection through the same network, then the idea is custled that in most cases the reason is still on the TV. It can be like a hardware problem with the Wi-Fi module itself and a hardware problem in Webos.
Some solutions that I managed to find:
- Disable Wi-Fi Direct and Miracast on TV.
- Disable in the LG TV settings the automatic update feature (cash update check) software.
- If possible. connect the Internet with a cable (LAN).
- Rearrange the router closer to TV (or vice versa) for better reception.
- Experiments with Wi-Fi settings on the router. Channel Change, Channel Width, Network Mode. For example, you can try to set the static 11 channel, the width of the channel 20MHz and network mode 802.11N (Only N). I recommend changing these settings in turn. Save the parameters and restart the router. If you do not know how to change these parameters on your router. write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев (do not forget to write which router you have).
- Transition to Wi-Fi in the range of 5 GHz. If your TV supports this range (standard 802.11AC) and you have a dual-band router, then it can solve the problem with wireless cliffs on LG Smart TV.
- If it happened that your Wi-Fi tv is caught by your Wi-Fi network and because of this poor connection speed, or constant cliffs, you can install the repeater. It can strengthen the wireless network. Also to the repeater TV can be connected via cable.
- Update: in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев shared a solution to the problem when a very long TV was looking for and connected to Wi-Fi network. Helped extraction from a CAM module TV.
Update: If it started to bite and fall off Wi-Fi
In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, Oleg shared one very interesting decision. And judging by the reviews, it has already helped many. He began to disappear Wi-Fi on LG TV. First in the range of 5 GHz, and then in the range 2.4 GHz. Also appeared problems with the Magic Remote console cursor. According to the symptoms, it is very similar to hardware problems with a wireless module that on LG TVs, of course, also happens.
I do not have the opportunity to check it all on my own experience, but I will try to step by step by step a decision:
- We go to the “Settings”. “General”. “official notice” and scroll through it to the end.
- Go to “Settings”. “General”. “Time and Date” and turn off automatic time update. Here we change the date for 2018 (you can try to leave another year).
- Go to “Settings”. “Common”. “Fast Download” and turn off it.
- Turn off the TV from the remote and turn it.
- We go into the “Settings”. “General”. “Time and Date” and check whether the date (year) has been preserved that we set in the second step.
- Open the “Settings”. “General”. “Reset settings to factory” and reset the LG TV settings.
- It is important that after resetting the settings on the TV appeared “WebOS”.
- We perform tv setup (language, country, channels, Wi-Fi), but do not accept the license agreement. We skip it.
- Go to “Settings”. “General”. “Time and Date” and turn off automatic time updating again.
- You can open the LG Application Store and there already take all agreements and requirements.
Update: Disconnect the “Listening Mode” function
I learned the LG TV settings here, and noted that in the SCREEN SHARE settings there is a “listening mode”. By default, it is always enabled. But in the settings it is written that it can affect the stability of the connection by Wi-Fi. And if Wi-Fi works unstable, then it is better to turn off.
This feature is needed so that smartphones, laptops at any time can find a TV and connect to it to broadcast the image. That is, the TV is always in search mode. If you disable it, then the devices will detect the TV only when the Screen Share application is open. That in principle even better.
Run the Screen Share (in the Smart TV menu) and disconnect the “listening mode”.
That’s all that all. There will be new information. I will complement the article. In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, you can leave your questions related to the work of Wi-Fi Connections on LG TVs and share useful information on this topic.
The TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi network. update the software
Sometimes network detection problems (especially when the network is not displayed in the list) are caused by software errors.
In this case, check if software update is available. Of course, without access to the Internet, we will not be able to update, but it can be circumvented.
First way. connect the TV to the Internet using the Ethernet network cable. All you need is to have a sufficient cable length for connecting the TV to the router to download the update.
After connecting the network cable, go to the TV settings and find software updates. There must be an update availability option option. if so, download and install.
Alternative solution. download update from the manufacturer’s official website and install via USB.
To do this, go to the official manufacturer’s website, find your exact model and download the new firmware.
The page should contain update instructions for a specific model, but you usually simply need to unpack the downloaded archive and copy the recovered content to the main storage folder.
After connecting portable memory to the TV, an update must be detected. If not, go to the update settings and find the USB update option.
Just confirm the update and wait for the installation. Not all models can have this feature, then you will need to connect the device to the Internet using a power cable.
Proper TV connection to Wi-Fi
First of all, it is necessary to make sure that the TV connection to Wi-Fi is performed correctly. To avoid problems with the connection, you need to perform a specific sequence of actions:
- Turn on the router and make sure that the Wi-Fi network is available and available for connecting.
- Go to the tv settings.
- Select the section “Network”.
- Click on the “Network Settings” string.
- In the “Connection Type” paragraph, put a tick next to the inscription: “Wireless connection”.
Next should be checked if it is possible to enter the Internet. In case of failure, you need to consider the possible options for solving a malfunction that will be described below.
How to connect Smart TV to Wi-Fi Router
After making sure the Wi-Fi router, you can proceed to using the Internet resources through the TV. The algorithm of action is:
- Turn on the TV and router;
- Using the buttons on the console, find the section of interest. “Network”;
- Next, scroll through the lines and find the “Network Setup” item;
- Select subparagraph “Wireless networks”;
- After a moment, the available networks will be displayed on the screen, where it is necessary to find home and choose it;
- A window will appear on the television display where you want to enter a password;
- After entering the secret code, you must click the “OK” button.
IMPORTANT! An “User Guide” is attached to each TV, which contains a step-by-step instruction for connecting to a Wi-Fi router on a wireless network. It also describes in detail possible malfunctions in the work and ways to solve them.
It is clear from the article that connecting the TV to the wireless network is very simple, as well as correct the problems with Wi-Fi router. The main thing is to carefully examine the instructions and follow all the recommendations. It should be remembered that different brands have the settings algorithm may differ from each other.