Let’s look at the answers to the most common questions users have even before setting up and transferring data to a new device.
It depends on the recovery method, amount of data to transfer, and network capabilities. The fastest way. via cable. It doesn’t interfere with your network like a Wi-Fi connection or slow down on the router side. The process itself can take on average 5 to 30 minutes. For example, it takes 3-10 minutes to send up to 1GB of data over the wire. Transferring a large archive of up to 30GB of data over Wi-Fi can take up to 30 minutes.
Yes, this is possible. It works when you move your files to another device, and it’s called Air Drop. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone, you need to turn on the Bluetooth function on both devices, and click on the file you want. You can, for example, tap on a photo you like in the gallery. You will see its full image. Here you need to click on the bottom left “file transfer” icon. A new window will show you the transfer methods, including Air Drop.
After a few seconds the smartphone will find another device and will write the user name of the gadget. Press it, and the picture will be automatically dragged to the other iPhone.
There is one “tricky” way to drop a full copy of your smartphone onto a new device, which will take you a little time. However, you will have to find or buy additional accessories for this. Another prerequisite: the operating system version iOS 12.4 or higher on both iPhones.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both devices. Put the phones next to each other.
- The “Quick Start” option is activated. Confirm the operation and scan the animation on the new smartphone with the camera of the old one.
- The device will offer two options for transferring information: by wire or wirelessly. Select the first method.
There is a little tricky. You need to buy a special adapter “USB-Lightning” beforehand. It will be switched through with the usual wires.
How to automatically transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one
With iOS 11 and later, it’s possible to quickly move data from one iPhone to another. The only condition is that both smartphones must be side by side. So, let’s get started:
1: Turn on the new iPhone or iPad and place it next to the old device (both devices should be running iOS 11 or newer).
2: A Getting Started prompt should appear on the new iPhone, asking you to configure the new device and enter your Apple ID.
3: After that, an image should appear on the new iPhone, scan it with the old iPhone.
4: When prompted for a password, enter the password from the old iPhone on the new one.
5: Set up Touch ID on the new iPhone or iPad.
6: Now you should be asked to restore data to the new iPhone from your latest compatible backup.
7: Choose what you want to restore to the new device backup from iCloud or iTunes, set up like a new iPhone or iPad, or transfer data from your Android device.
8: Agree to the terms and conditions.
9: Choose whether you want to transfer some settings related to Siri, find my iPhone, Apple Pay, geo-positioning and privacy.
10: Complete the setup process for your new iPhone or iPad.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone with MobileTrans. Phone Transfer
MobileTrans. Phone Transfer. is a powerful program that provides a perfect platform for transferring data and other files to Android, iOS and Windows devices. Intuitive and user-friendly interface lets you transfer all kinds of data from your old phone to your new one without problems. If you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, Windows to Android/iOS and vice versa, MobileTrans. Phone Transfer will do it for you. In just a few simple steps, you’re sure to transfer everything you want to transfer to your new phone. The steps below demonstrate how you can transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using MobileTrans. Phone Transfer.
Tap the MobileTrans icon. Phone Transfer to run the app on your computer. From the options presented in the interface, select “Phone Transfer.
Connect two iPhone phones to your computer through a suitable medium, such as a USB cable. Once connected, the software will automatically display the two iPhones as “Source iPhone” and “Target iPhone”. If the phones show up in the wrong positions, just tap the “Swap” button to select the correct status for the phones. This is necessary because the data will only be transferred from the source to the destination device for the data transfer.
In the file list above, check the boxes corresponding to the data files you want to transfer to the new iPhone. Press “Start” to start the data transfer from one iPhone to another. If you want the program to get rid of any data on the target iPhone before performing the transfer, simply select the “Clear data before copying” option. Under no circumstances should you disconnect two iPhones from your computer while the transfer process is in progress.
The process will complete in a few minutes. Select the target iPhone and make sure that all of your selected data files have been successfully transferred.
Transferring a backup
Now let’s talk about how to restore from backup. To do this, turn on your device, follow the setup instructions until the Wi-Fi settings screen appears. Connect to the network and continue setting up until the “Programs and Data” window. From the options offered, select “Recover from iTunes copy” and then click “Next. Connect your purchased smartphone to your computer, in iTunes select your smartphone in the list of detected devices. Click the “Restore from Copy” button and select the appropriate archive from the list. If encrypted, enter your password. Complete the setup, but don’t turn off your wireless network. that way your smartphone will download your saved photos, videos and music content.
So, you have two Apple smartphones: one that has the information on it, and one that you need to download it to. In such a situation, it’s rational to use the backup function, which can help you to transfer all your data from one phone to another. But first, you’ll need to create a backup. You can do it both via your computer using iTunes and via iCloud cloud storage.
Then the way you install the backup will depend on whether you install it through iTunes or through the cloud service iCloud.
With the advent of iCloud service, most users practically have no need to connect their smartphone to their computer, because even the backup can be stored not in iTunes, but in the cloud.
To install a backup from iCloud, you need to completely clear your smartphone of content and settings. So if the other smartphone already has some data, delete it.
How to Transfer All Data from an Old iPhone to a New iPhone without iTunes or iCloud
It is easier to back up your devices through iTunes, since you do not need to perform a data deletion beforehand.
If you are working with a new smartphone, start it up and go through the initial setup all the way down to the “programs and data” section. Here you will need to select “Restore from iTunes copy”.
How to transfer a phone number to a new iPhone
The problem is sometimes the SIM card that is not the right size for the purchased smartphone. Trimming on your own will not do anything. the procedure should be performed by a specialist from the mobile operator. In the extreme case, the representative office will replace it with a new one.
Official outlets carry out the exchange of SIM-cards for free, you can also connect a new one there, but sometimes dealers charge for the service.
How to Transfer Passwords to New iPhone
I recently came across this request left by a user whose passwords didn’t transfer to the new iPhone. Because transferring passwords is different from transferring other common media files (like photos or music), it can sometimes seem a little tricky. Well, the good news is that you can transfer passwords to a new iPhone from your existing device if you use the right transfer method. In this post, I’ll teach you how to transfer passwords to a new iPhone in a few clever ways.
The “Quick Start” feature allows you to quickly set up a new iOS or iPadOS device using the data on your current device. Then on the new device, you can restore the remaining data and content from the iCloud backup.
- Turn on the new device and place it next to your current device. The “Quick Start” screen opens on your current device, prompting you to use your Apple ID to set up your new device. Make sure it’s the same Apple ID you want to use, and click “Continue”. If the “Continue” button does not appear on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Wait for the animation to appear on the new device screen. Hold the current device over the new device so that the animation is in the center of the viewfinder. Wait until the message “Completing on the new [device]” appears. If you can’t use your current device’s camera, click “Manual Authentication” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- When you’re prompted to enter the password code for your old device on your new device, do so.
- Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When prompted, enter the Apple ID password on the new device. If you have multiple devices, you may need to enter a passcode on each device.
- On your new device, you can choose to migrate data from one device to another or restore apps, data, and settings from your most recent iCloud backup. You can also click ” options” to restore from a computer backup. By selecting a backup, you can choose whether or not to migrate certain settings related to geo-positioning, privacy, Apple Pay, and Siri.
- If you have an Apple Watch and are setting up a new iPhone, you’ll also be prompted to transfer your Apple Watch data and settings.
Adding a single contact
The above method helps you migrate all your saved contacts to your new device. However, there are situations where you only need to transfer one phone number.
In this case, you do not have to use additional applications in order to copy the information. If you need to send one mobile number, you can add it to the phone book manually. This is how it is done:
- Open the default “Contacts” application, installed on your phone.
- Press on the icon in the form of a plus sign. It is located in the top right corner.
- Enter a name. To do this, you need to fill in the text field “Name”. If necessary, you can also enter the last name of the person.
- Click on the “Add phone” button. In the line that appears, enter your mobile number.
- Click the “Done” button. It is located at the top of the screen.
When adding the number of a person who lives abroad, you must necessarily enter the country code of the country in which he/she lives.
iCloud. allows you to transfer contacts and other data between your Apple devices