The print error “The Printer failed to print”: why writes what to do
The first thing to do in this situation is to check the integrity of the connecting cables. Despite all their reliability, over time they can lose stability or simply fail. There are frequent cases of mechanical damage when rearranging furniture or any other actions.
There are two types of cables that can be used to connect to the printer. The most popular USB and Ethernet cable, better known as a patch cable. In fact, these are products made of plastic, plastic and thin metal. Therefore, cases of rubbing are not single. The most reliable testing option would be the temporary use of similar cables of other equipment.
Network Connection Check
If the printing device is connected through a local network, in which case it is necessary to check the availability and reliability of the connection. First of all, this is relevant for the Lens created using Wi-HI technology. The user must make sure that the router or modem is turned on and works correctly. Check the presence of Wi-Fi on other network devices, for example, on a laptop or phone.
Not so often, but there are problems with the network that is organized using Ethernet cables and sockets. In such situations, you can temporarily use other cables, forks or methods of connecting. This will help you finally and determine why the printer does not print.
Option No. 1. connect the printer to the computer over the network
This method is good only because it does not require additional costs. The main minus will be that the PC connected to the PC printer should always be turned on. If you turn it off, the access of all computers on the network to the printer will also be lost. If this suits you, then we will start setting up.
- We shame access for all devices that are on this local network. To do this, enter the “Start”, “Management Panel”, “Networks Management Center”,” Change additional parameters””.
- New window, expand the “Private (current profile) tab”, set the points opposite the line: “Turn on network detection”, “enable overall access”,” Allow Windows to manage connections””. And also install the bird opposite “Turn on automatic setting””. We persist.
- Make the same settings above, on all devices that are connected to your local network.
- We proceed to the installation. We go to the “control panel”, we find “equipment and sound” there or immediately you will see the “Devices and Printers” section, it all depends on the version of your Windows.
- The window opens where your connected printer will be displayed. Your task is to bring on it and press PKM and, from all sections, choose the “Printer properties”.
- The window opens, press “access” in it, put the bird “General access to this printer”, click “Apply”, “OK”.
- Now, so that all devices that on your network can use this printer need to be done: open the “conductor”, clat on the left side “Network”.
- Find in the PC list, which is connected by a wire to the printer and click on it twice. The window opens, it will have an icon of your printer. Click PKM and select “Connect”.
ExtremeTix. Point of Sale (All Printers)
That’s all, you can try, print something. Now you know how you can connect to the printer on a local network thanks.
Local access setting up
To install the connection with the equipment, you will need to configure local access. This is done directly through the parameters of the connected device.
Important! Changes are made to PC, to which the printer is connected.
note! Here you can change the name of the equipment. enter the name that will be displayed by other users.
You can set up through the PowerShell shell, you need:
- Display a list of connected equipment by completing the Get-Printer command | Format-Table Name, Shareename, Shared.
- Using data obtained from the previous command, provide the ability to connect. For this, the SET-Printer format command is performed.NAME “Title_SO_SO_SOSKAY”.Shared True.SHARENAME “New_.
After you should restart the computer to use settings.
Before moving directly to the printing from the computer, you need to check whether the router sees the device itself. In essence, at this stage, regardless of how the printer’s physical connection to the router is performed through USB, Wi-Fi or Lan, the switch must show its presence on the network. For verification, it is required to perform the procedure for entering the settings of the router, which classically occurs through a regular browser. Let’s consider this process in stages:
- The browser opens.
- The information listed in the documentation of the router or on its label is entered. Naturally, this is relevant if the settings have not changed much by the user from the factory laid down at the factory. In these places, you can find the address of the device on the network, user name and default password. For example, for most routers, http: // 192 path is used.168.0.one. Standard password and user name. “Admin” and “Admin”, recruited without quotes and small letters for the request that opened after entering the address to the browser. For example, the entrance to the settings of the TP-Link router will be carried out as follows, as shown in the figure below.
- After the entrance, the “Network Map” item will be interested in the router menu. The user gets into it either immediately after the entrance, or the link there will be located on the first screen. A connected printer will be displayed on the page opened among other devices. True, there is one nuance-with a USB connection, it can be indicated as “Unknow Device” (unknown device). Let this fact not embarrass. Connection to customers will still be carried out at the expense of the control programs of the printer itself, but here it is only necessary to determine the fact of its presence on the network. The figure below shows the “network map” of the ASUS router with the Samsung ML-1250 Samsung connected via USB printer.
- For those cases when it is not displayed in the “Network map”, it is worth focusing on the issued address of the device and the availability of dense physical connection to the router in the case of using a USB cable.
- Another option, when the printer itself is connected by LAN (RJ-45) or Wi-Fi, but is not visible by the router, you should look for it and simply through the “network environment” of the computer. It can be found there and without the definition in the list of “network maps”.
Setting up client equipment
It is immediately required to make a remark about the IP addresses used. In the case of a Wi-Fi or LAN, the addresser of the device addresses is issued either by themselves or are brought manually into the configuration of the printing apparatus itself. To configure the printer through a router to communicate with a computer when connecting using USB, the address of the switch itself is used directly. Step.by.step instructions will further relate to the use of any of these options in Windows 10.
So, we will analyze the easier way to connect a network printer when it is attached to the router through LAN or Wi-Fi by steps. The difference of this particular method is that the printer will be visible directly in the network environment. The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Open the Start menu.
- On the left there will be an image of the gear, click on it.
- Go to the “Device” item.
- Following the left select “Printers and scanners”.
- On the page opened on the right, select “Add a printer or scanner”.
- If the desired device does not display in the list that opens, then you should click “The necessary printer is absent in the list”.
- In the next window, find a “review” and select the required device.
- Then classically “further”. “further” to agree to the demands of drivers and indicate their location. In the event that Windows wonders about the use of old versions or installing new ones with a replacement, the latter is selected.
- On the final page it will be proposed to make the device used by default and print a test page.
In the event that the printer is connected to the router via USB, all points remain the same, with the exception of the sixth. It will expand a little:
- Here in the window, instead of the “Review” button, select “Add the printer by its TCP/IP address or node name”. Click “Next”.
- In the opened tab, it is necessary to specify the “TCP/IP” device and enter the IP-Roter in the “Name or IP address” field. Repeat the same for the “Port name”. Following “Next”.
- A specific type of port will be given. A checkbox is placed on the “special”, “parameters” is pressed.
- In the window opened by the switch, select “LPR” instead of “RAW” and set the name of the queue using any text without spaces. Press “ok”.
- After doing everything, as described earlier from paragraph 7 of the instructions for further installation of drivers.
Here is actually the whole setting of a network printer through a router.
Reload all your devices
Restored helps to eliminate any software failures that can lead to improper operation of a wireless printer and connected devices. Wireless printer, router, computer / other device, wireless access point and modem depend on the home or office network for connecting to the Internet.
Be that as it may, if one device is configured, it can affect everything else. Restarting can again cause a buzz of the network, after which you can try the printer to see if it works.
Launch a means of eliminating the press
Click the printer icon with the right mouse button and select the elimination of problems. Elimination of problems when printing to identify and eliminate problems with connecting to your printer.
- As an alternative, go to the search window on the taskbar and enter the “problem with the seal”, and then select “Run the disruption tool” to load the elimination of problems when printing, click and follow the instructions on the screen.
The basic diagnosis of the printer
It is necessary to start with what needs to be determined: what is happening and at what level you need to look for the reason that the printer does not want to print. First of all, do such a simple operation. Turn off your printer or All-in-One Printer (multifunctional device) by power, reboot the computer and turn on again. No matter how funny it looks, but the procedure helps in about 55-60% of cases. Apparently there is a regular failure that is solved by a simple restart of one of the devices.
Also, you should try to switch the printer from one USB port to another. At the same time, Windows will automatically put the driver again. This is the option of the “crooked” driver of the driver.
Pay attention to the computer reaction. When connecting the device, it must signal this with a sound signal and a pop.up message in the system tray. Thus, you will also check the cable right away. If there is no reaction to connecting to different computer USB ports, then try changing the cable-most likely it is the reason that the printer does not work. He could be suppressed, transferred with a chair, nibbled pets, and t.P.
Carefully inspect the printer itself. which indicators on it burn and what color. Everyone knows about the suddenly ending cartridge, but many are not in the know about the junction of paper. As a result, there seems to be paper, and the cartridge is full, but the printer does not stubbornly print. At the same time, the user sees that the corresponding light is burning, but getting on the Internet or in the instruction laziness does not allow.
Problem with the printer driver
Quite often you have to meet situations when the printer does not print after reinstalling the operating system. Especially insidious in this Windows 10. When dividing the print device, the OS perfectly recognizes it, determines the model and it seems to be fine and it should work. But as if not! The Window did not set the printer driver! Ordinary users are often “bought” for this and have been tormented for a long time why the printer or All-in-One Printer does not print. But how will he print without a driver?! Therefore, we go to the site of its manufacturer, download the version for our operating system and install.
If the driver is installed, then in the parameters of the system, in the section “Printers and scanners”, when choosing a printer, the control buttons and access to the print line should be available. In some cases, an error is immediately displayed there, which directly indicates that the necessary software was not installed for any reason:
Note: on old models it is sometimes impossible to find and download the printer driver for Windows 10, due to the fact that it simply does not exist in nature. In this case, the installation of a universal print driver from the manufacturer often helps. For example, in the case of Samsung or Canon devices. Such software is immediately suitable for a number of models. Perhaps some specific functions will not work, but the basic work without problems.
If everything is fine here, but the printer does not want to print the document, then you should look into the device manager and open its properties:
Here, in the state of the device, it should be indicated that it works fine and there are no problems. It is also worth looking at the “Events” tab and see if there are any mistakes there too.
In principle, you can still try to remove the printer driver by clicking on it with the right mouse button and choosing the corresponding menu item:
After that, reboot and check the work of the device again. In my practice there were cases when after this operation the printer worked for some time, after which it fell off again. This was due to the fact that quite a lot of different devices through the USB ports were connected to the computer and either the conflict between them arose or the operation of the controller. As a rule, only the complete reinstallation of the operating system helped. Everything else saved only for a while, after which the problems arose again.
Does not print a network printer. what to do?
Here I see two options. You really have a network printer, which is connected for example by Ethernet and you have a regular printing unit connected via USB, and overall access is configured for it.
We look in the settings, on the printing device, which IP address is installed.
On a computer from which the print is not, we check the availability of this IP.
This can be done using the command: Ping [IP address].
If you have a “ping” (shown in the figure above). we will configure further. Otherwise, you need to check the patch cord with which the computer and the printer are connected to the network. You can take (or make) a new patch cord and try.
That is, we should have stable contact with the printing device. There should be no packages of packages.
Check the settings of the printer installed on the computer.
“Start” “control panel” “Equipment and sound” “Devices and printers”
Click with the right button on the icon of the print unit (if the latter is not installed. set the local) and select the Printer Properties Products (Printer Properties).
We go to the Porta tab and click “Add Port” (Add Port)
In the window that opens, select “Standard TCP/IP Port” and click “New Port”
Check that the network printer is turned on. We set the network in the last paragraph. Click “Next” or “Next”
We set the IP address (the one we looked or set on the network device). Click “Next”
You can pay 30-50% less for light depending on what kind of electrical appliances you use.
The network printer must connect and print normally.
If it doesn’t work out, then I would delete printing devices, installed local and set up in the above way.
If you have a regular printer that connects to the computer via USB, it is configured as general, then you need:
Make sure that the seal is coming from a computer to which the print unit itself is connected.
Check the availability of the computer to which the printer is connected from the computer on which you need to print. This can be done by the Ping command described in the first section of this article.
On the Sharing tab, we install the “General This Printer” checkmark and set the network name (you can do any, but so that it is clear what this device is). Click “OK”.
Install a network printer on the right computer on the network.
“Start” “control panel” “Equipment and sound” “Devices and printers”
We are waiting for the search and select the desired. Click “Next”.
If the driver, which is installed on the computer to which the printer is connected, is suitable, then approximately such a window will come out as in the figure below. If the driver is not suitable, it is necessary or to install the driver or show where to install the driver where. Click “Install the driver”
We set the name, if necessary, and click “Next”.
Thank you for reading the material to the end. Please evaluate it
Problems with cartridges, dye, SNPC
Any dye. toner or ink sooner or later will end. But this does not happen overnight. The fact that ink is not enough is evidenced by a decrease in print quality: pale colors, whitish stripes, partial imprint. It happens that the printer ceases to print even with a normal level of dye. It’s connected with:
- A drop of ink dried up in a print head or blocked by an air block.
- Incorrect installation of the cartridge (for example, when protective films are not removed, the cover does not close completely).
- Cartridge ducts are polluted.
- Snopping or blocking a jet of ink.
- Unoriginal caps of cartridges.
- The print limit has been reached.
- Faulty cartridge.
A block of dried ink on the head is a common occurrence when a jet printer is not used for a long time. If the plug is relatively small, cleaning the nozzles (exhaust holes) can help solve the problem. It is also done using the Proprietary Press Utility, and each manufacturer calls this function in its own way:
HP has cleaning cartridges.Epson has to clean the print head.Canon has a cleaning and deep cleaning (the second is an improved version when the first does not help), etc.D. During cleaning, a special pump installed inside the printer, under high pressure, passes the ink through the nozzles. A lump of paint or camera comes out of this.
Cheaper printers of printers are not equipped with a pump, and the function of cleaning the snot does not work on them (despite the support of the drivers). In the case of clogging, the printing heads of these devices should be wetted and rinsed in the cleaning liquid. On modern jet printers Epson, the print head is not built into cartridges, but in the device itself and is quite expensive. Its failure is equivalent to the failure of the entire printer, which in these cases can only be thrown away. So that the ink does not dry out, it is important for the owners of Epson printers to clean the nozzles at least once every 2 weeks if the device does not work.
If you removed the ink cartridges from the printer, make sure that they are installed correctly and nothing blocks their respiratory tract.When using SNPC, first of all, it is also necessary to check whether the ink stream passes and whether the air holes are free in containers.Spots and stripes (sometimes almost black sheets) when printing on a laser or LED printer are the result of a leakage of the cartridge (waking toner), overflow of the trash can, getting small foreign objects into the device, damage, improper installation or wear of cartridge details.
Problems after refueling at:. the printer prints only one shade, for example red;. the printout looks too pale when the cartridge is full;. instead of the picture: multi.colored spots, etc.,As a rule, due to contamination, incorrect installation of the cartridge in place or violation of refueling technology.
The complete absence of an image (empty sheets) or print defects after replacing a cartridge or original ink with conditionally suitable. only the result of incompatibility of the latter with the printer model. In some cases, it is decided by reflashing cartridges or devices, in others. only by the acquisition of original components and consumables.
The printer shallows
First, click on the network connection icon on the taskbar with the right mouse button. Go to the network control center and total access.
In the left column, find the link “Change the additional parameters of the general access”. In the window that opens, set the values as shown in the screenshot.
This will provide access to your files and printers in reliable networks (at home and at work).
Open the control panel. Go to “Equipment and Sound”. “Devices and printers”.
Go to the properties of the printer to which you want to provide general access by clicking its icon with the right mouse button.
In the properties of a common printer, go to the “Access” tab and install the “Printer” checkbox “together”.
A checkplace for processing tasks for printing is better not to remove. this will accelerate the operation of the server, to which the printer is connected directly.
Here you can set a laconic name for your network printer.
Problems with Microsoft Word files
Damaged files or documents (damaged graphics, fonts) can cause print errors in Word. Microsoft specialists recommend fixing the breakdown as follows:
- Try to print the document through another program, for example WordPad.
- Print a test page on a printer. To do this, in the parameters of the OS, select “Printers”. Click with the right mouse button to the printer icon and select “Properties”. On the “General” tab, select “Printing the test page”.
- Perform test printing with different printer drivers.
For those who use Windows 10 Office 365, Microsoft recommends checking the seal in another document or another program.
Problems on Mac
The official portal Apple proposes to eliminate printing problems in this way:
- Check the reliability of the connection.
- Make sure the Mac and the printer are on the same network, and the network itself operates without failures.
- When using a common printer, make sure that the Mac is running MacOS 10.5 or a newer version and is not in sleep mode, and general access was included on it.
- If the printer is connected to a computer USB port, open the “System Information” window, then click on the USB item. If the name of the printer is displayed in the equipment list, but the device does not work, refer to the documentation of the model. Apple also recommends in this situation to check the power, port and connection of cables, software, USB condenser.
- Continue printing with the Printing queue.
- Add the printer in a new queue.
- Try printing from another application.
- Disconnect the extensions of the printing dialog box.
At the end of the process, check the printer. Make sure you are using the latest.
Когда ничего из вышеперечисленного не позволило определить, почему не печатает принтер, остается предположить, что он не функционирует из-за серьезной поломки. In this case, trust professionals.
Troubleshoot a Wireless Printer Connection | HP Printers | @HPSupport
And if the network printer
The network device, as a rule, works through the main computer. That is, there is a computer that is originally configured to joint work with the printer. Then the overall access to this computer and printing technique are made. Then other computers are connected in one of several ways, for example, through a network cable (patch cord).
If the problem is not on the main PC, then it is necessary to check the last one. Act according to the above algorithm. Be sure to check that all computers have the same name of the working group in the system properties of the system. Computer name should be unique for everyone.
Make sure the detection is on, as the computer will not see the printer if access to it is closed. It is made on the “Access” tab in the “Printer properties”.
- As with a single connection, the network connection can be interrupted due to damage to the patch cord or network outlet.
- A configured Wi-Fi network works only with a router on. Check the serviceability and quality of the signal of the distribution device.
5/5 (2 votes)
RETURAL REVERASE AND SUPPLY OF RIGHTS
If you can’t connect the device to the router, it is possible that the problem is in its lock on the MAC address. In order for the router not to block the printing device, you need to prescribe its MAC address to the filter of the MAC addresses allowed for connecting. It is located in the control panel of the router.
Setting up the router and Wi-Fi for printing in detail with pictures and explanations of each step.