What to do if the computer does not see the phone via USB?
It is customary to use a USB cable to transmit data from phone to computer to computer. But sometimes when connecting a smartphone via a USB, the computer does not see this device. Such a problem can be due to a malfunction of both the phone itself and PC. Is it possible to solve the problem yourself or whether you need to contact the service center in which the phone repair is carried out
If the computer does not see the phone via USB, you first need to diagnose a mobile device. The smartphone may not connect to PC for several reasons at once. Most often this is due to errors in the system settings of the phone. Another common cause of this problem may be a failure in the work of an OS smartphone. This problem usually occurs immediately after the stitching of the phone, cleaning from viruses, removal of applications, etc.D.
To understand that the reason is precisely in the mobile device, you must try to connect this phone to another PC. If the smartphone is still not determined, the problem probably arises due to it. An alternative way to check is to connect another phone to this computer.
If the problem is the settings of the smartphone, then it can be solved quite quickly. To do this, go to the Setter Settings section to a computer. There will be offered several options for connecting a smartphone:
Each of these modes is designed to perform different tasks. If the user is faced with the task of transmitting information from the phone to the computer (or vice versa), he needs to select the mode “USB-drive” or “Media-device”. If, after this action is performed, the computer still does not see the phone, the user needs to continue to search for the causes of the problem and ways to eliminate it.
In some smartphones based on Android, such a problem may be due to the operation of the modem mode. In such phones, this parameter controls not only the modem, but also connecting the device to the computer. To eliminate this problem, you must go to the “Wireless Networks” section and enable the modem mode. If it is already turned on, then the user can turn it off and try to re.connect to the computer.
In the settings of smartphones there is also a tab “for developers”. In this tab, you can try to debug the work of the smartphone on USB. If such a solution did not allow the problem, the user does not have many options left. Firstly, it can delete the applications after the installation of which this malfunction arose. Secondly, you can drop an OS of a smartphone to factory settings. But the best way to solve such a problem is to seek the help of service specialists who can diagnose the exact cause of the problem and eliminate it as soon as possible.
The problem can be not only in the settings, but also in the physical condition of the smartphone. For example, there may be problems with the connection connector. Even on the highest quality smartphones, the connectors often shake and break. This problem arises due to the frequent operation of these connectors. Another reason may be a loosening or damage to the connector resulting from the fall of the gadget. Regardless of the reasons, such a malfunction can be eliminated only in the service center. Usually it is eliminated by replacing the connector.
Sometimes simple problems arise. For example, the smartphone does not connect due to contamination of the connector. This malfunction is eliminated very simply. by cleaning the connector.
The computer does not see the phone via USB
After the user connects the device to the computer via a USB cable, nothing happens-the gadget is not trivial is not determined. Indeed, the problem is very common and in most cases it is quite simple to solve. The main thing is to identify the source of the problem that has arisen.
- First of all, we check the performance of the USB cable itself. Cables of well.known companies are usually made in good faith and can work for years, if not decades, so most often they simply survive or they are gnawed at pets. To check the performance of the wire, it must be connected to another computer. If it recognizes the device, then the case is 99% in the wire. Fortunately, such a cable is inexpensive and it can be purchased in many stores.
- Next, look at the USB port itself. The fact is that he may not work. How so, you ask, because yesterday you worked perfectly! Perhaps there was a software failure. You need to insert a cable into another port or simply restart the computer. Yes, you can laugh, but simple can very often help in solving many problems. If after rebooting the problem was not eliminated, most likely the drivers of ports flew off. They can be downloaded on the site of the manufacturer of your motherboard. In addition, perhaps, power was disabled to the port groups. You can turn it on through the “Food” section in your operating system.
- So, if the case is not in USB ports and cable, then problems arise in the phone itself or smartphone itself. Theoretically, when connecting the device, the computer must see it. Not so long ago, something similar happened to my smart on. Apparently, it was the most ordinary glitch. The solution turned out to be very simple: the reloading of the device did not help, then I decided to get the battery out of it. I inserted it after five minutes and, Voila, everything has returned to normal! True, this method is not suitable for Apple phones, since the battery cannot be removed from them (it is necessary to completely disassemble the device).
- In some smartphones, USB connection settings can be lost. What is it connected with is not clear. You can restore them, for example, by dropping all the settings, which then you will have to restore. There is an opportunity, try to restore settings through a service (engineering) menu. You can go into it through a set of a special room on the keyboard. You can find it, for example, on the site of the manufacturer of your device.
- Extremely often problems arise as a result of installation on the device of custom firmware. What to do in this case? Usually helps the rollback to the original firmware or restoration from the backup, but not in all cases. The work of a module is probably violated.
- Often in the gadget itself, the synchronization mode is turned off, which is always turned on by defending. Synchronization mode is tuned through the settings menu.
- Another problem is the lack of drivers for the phone itself. Oddly enough, but this can also play a role. In general, in most cases, a standard driver is suitable, built into the operating system. If you do not have it, you need to install it on a computer. Just finding the driver is not easy, often it suits completely different models.
- Finally, check our computer for viruses and other malicious files. Because of them, malfunctions often arise that affect the work of the entire system. It is recommended to use antivirus.
If you have questions on the article, ask them. If your question is related to the problem described above, be sure to indicate the model of your phone or smartphone so that I can help you!
It’s no secret that Samsung Galaxy has a Microsd card to increase memory. However, some users still additionally carry images, music and video to a computer or laptop. But what to do if the computer does not see Samsung Galaxy through USB?
First, to recognize a smartphone like Galaxy S, the computer needs all the necessary drivers. Usually, when the device is connected to the computer, it immediately finds it, but if the necessary drivers are not installed, this may not happen.
Drivers are special programs that help establish the interaction between the phone and the computer. Most often they can be downloaded on the manufacturer’s website. If the computer does not recognize your Galaxy S7, immediately go to the Samsung website and load the drivers. Here is a link to Galaxy S7 / Edge. Mac owners will have to install. so that your Mac can interact with the phone.
Ho To Fix Samsung phone is not connecting to pc Via usb cable Phone not connecting to PC Fix | Top1u
There is an alternative: you can simply download and install the program on a computer, thus facilitating file exchange. All the necessary drivers are included with it, so after installation you can be calm. your computer recognizes your device, and the exchange of files will cease to be a problem.
Live Solve | USB options NOT showing When android connected to PC
Those Windows users who have just installed the drivers for Samsung may encounter the device before it is found. The following steps need to be performed:
- Hold the Windows button and press R. to call the command “execute”.
- Print “DEVMGMT.MSC “And click“ Enter ”.
- Select “other devices” or “portable devices”.
- If the list has “samsung_android” or “unknown device” with a yellow icon (!), click on the right mouse button and select “Feed”.
- Click the right mouse button along the “Device Manager” window and select “Scanning of hardware changes”.
In principle, after installing the necessary drivers or programs, everything should work. But if the problem is not that the device is not recognized by a computer, you need to look for another method.
So what to do if you installed the drivers, and the computer still does not see Samsung Galaxy?
Firstly, “does not see”-this is not the same as “does not recognize”. Therefore, we always ask readers to describe the problem most accurately to provide the most suitable solution. Here, for example, is one of the “confusing” messages on this topic.
Connecting a smartphone to a computer via Wi-Fi
Connection of the smartphone to PC via Wi-Fi can be executed through a third-party application. One of the suitable programs is Airdroid. Using it as easy as possible:
- Initially download the application from the official store.
- Run it.
- Take a simple registration procedure.
- The main screen indicates the address for connection. Open the browser on PC and enter it into the line.
- Confirm the connection with the device.
Important! For connection via Wi-Fi, both devices must be connected to one modem. Through a wireless network, you can exchange files at high speed, quickly transfer the information.
Settings of USB-Divorces to a computer
The first thing to pay attention to is notifications. which appear on the phone screen immediately after it is connected to a USB port.
By default, the phone is not always visible immediately in Windows. very often, if you do not specifically allow you to exchange files with the device, it will only be charged (like the author of the question).
A notification in Android surfaces immediately, after it is connected to the USB. you need to open this notification (the name “device is connected”). Cm. An example below.
Android. The device is connected (see. notification)
Next, pay attention to which connection option is selected:
- The device can operate in MTP. T mode.e. an option that allows you to exchange files with it (which we need);
- In charging mode: t.e. In addition to charging the phone, other functions and settings will not be available;
- Camera (PTP): allows you to transmit photos using special. software.
Actually, just put a checkplace opposite the “Media Assembly (MTP)” item-ideally, the sound of connecting a new drive in Windows should immediately sound, and in the “My Computer” (conductor) you will see your device. Mission Complete?!
The device is involved in modem mode
Go to the settings at: “Wireless networks → more → Modem mode”. In this section, you need to turn off all the options for the operation of the device, like a modem.
The fact is that when turning on the mode, say, the USB modem, the device cannot be simultaneously also to be a modem (shaking the Internet on PC), and exchange files with it like a flash drive.
Try to start a USB debugging
Very often the problem helps the problem “Writing by USB”. This function is built into Android. True, there is one feature: it can be “a little” hidden from the eye. I will consider the options below how to launch it.
Options, how can you find a link to start debugging:
- Settings. Development. USB debugging (you just need to put a checkplace opposite this item);
- Settings. For developers. USB debugging;
- Settings. Applications. Development. USB debugging (the most popular for Android 2.2. 3.0);
- Settings. Developer parameters. USB debugging;
- Settings. System. About a smartphone (phone or tablet). We are looking for the point “assembly number” and click on it 4-8 times (special. notification that you have become a developer). Next, go back to the settings. And see the menu for the developers.
Settings. for developers (earlier this link was not available!)
There is no driver for a root USB concentrator, on the phone
Another popular reason for the “invisibility” of the phone is the lack of drivers. over, drivers may not be either on a computer USB-concentrator or on the phone itself (even the newfangled Windows 10 is not able to recognize and automatically install the drivers on some types of phones).
To view the condition of the drivers. open the device manager (for this you can use either a combination of WinPause buttons (and then see. menu on the left). or Windows control panel).
In the device manager, open the USB controllers tab and see if you have a USB concentrator.
I recommend clicking on it with the right button, in the pop.up menu select “Update the driver” and follow the indication of the master.
Try both the automatic update option and manual! Often, with a manual version, you can choose from several versions of drivers. try different.
In general, ideally, it would be better to start special. a utility for a comprehensive update of drivers and check her system. For example, Driver Booster allows you to do this in a matter of minutes.
Root USB concentrator // Device Manager
Please note that if the driver is installed on the phone, then in the section “Portable devices”. you should see the name of your device (most often just its model).
Portable devices (the driver on the phone is installed)
What to do if the computer does not see the phone?
The following are all methods that can help solve the problem of connecting via cable.
Check the USB connection settings
The method will help if the fraud is charged, but the information does not leave the information. To transmit documents, you must connect Android as a media device (MTP). To do this, follow the following actions.
Attention! In some cases, you may have to connect the phone to the computer and switch between different parameters several times before the desktop recognizes the device as a multimedia.
If you have old versions of Android, then try to do so.
Connect the device to the computer, it must be recognized.
Install the USB MTP driver
It happens that the smartphone is not displayed due to problems with the driver, so try to update it.
As soon as the driver is installed, the PC will have to recognize the Android phone. It may be necessary to restart the computer so that the update enters into force.
Download and install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10
We have already mentioned that to transmit the contents, it is necessary to use the MTP protocol. It is associated with Windows Media Player, and in some versions of Windows 10 there is no Windows Media player and support for related technologies. If your version of Windows 10 does not recognize Android, download and install Media Feature Pack from the official Microsoft website.
Remove Android drivers
Sometimes there are no last drivers in the system or they are incorrectly installed. It is recommended to remove them and install them again.
Activate USB debugging
From time to time, the connected gadget is recognized when the debugging by USB is active. If you use Android 4.2 or newer, this function can be hidden. To enable it, do as indicated below.
- Go “Settings. About the phone “.
- Click 7 times on the “assembly number”.
- Go back.
- Open “Settings. For developers”.
- Scroll down there and activate “USB debugging”.
Sometimes it is already turned on, in which case it should be cut down.
Turn on the flight mode
If Windows stops seeing the phone, run the flight mode through the fast.setting panel in the curtain or, crossing the path of “Settings. “. Often after this, the device is recognized PC. This is a simple way, so do not be lazy to experience it.
Reload the phone in Recovery or Fastboot mode
About how to enter it, read in our other article, where we described the process for each manufacturer. After you get into Fastboot or Recaver, connect the smartphone to PC, wait until the necessary components are installed. After that, a conductor should open before you with a proposal of what to do with the connected device. When to finish, reboot Android.
Install Kies from Samsung
If the Samsung gadget is not recognized by Windows, download the Kies software from the manufacturer’s official website and put it on the computer. With it, you can definitely shift the smartphone.
Use USB 2 ports.0
Try switching the cord from USB 3.0 in USB 2.0. Users reported that sometimes it worked.
Reinstall the Adb
Windows occasionally does not recognize the smartphone due to problems with the Android Composite ADB integration, so you should reinstall it.
This solution works with Android 5.0 and more new OC, but it can also be compatible with old Android versions. Users reported that it is not always worth uploading the USB driver from Google, and often this problem is resolved simply by performing the first four steps.
Reload the Android device
At times this simple solution is the most effective. People have repeatedly reported that after rebooting the phone, the computer recognized the mobile phone without any problems.
Connect the phone directly to the computer
Some USB devices may not be recognized if you connect them to a USB hub or extension cord. Therefore, if you use a USB concentrator, turn it off and connect Android directly to the PC to solve the problem.
Clean the cache and data for external system storage and data storage systems
This solution works on Android 6 and above. But if you have an older system installed, still try to do it.
After removing the cache and data, reboot the gadget and connect it again to the computer.
Synchronize Android with a PC using a third.party application
This does not guarantee 100 percent performance, but often helps. Just install the Play Market synchronization application, which will help the computer recognize. Try, for example, Mobile GO for Connect and data transfer from Android and iOS to PC.
There are many reasons why the computer does not see the Android phone. We hope that these solutions will be useful for you, and you will solve your problems.
Quite often when using the Samsung Kies program, users cannot connect to the program. She simply does not see a mobile device. There can be many reasons for the emergence of this problem. Consider what can be the matter.
The Samsung Kies program has a special master that can correct the connection problem. This method is suitable if the computer sees the phone, but the program is not.
Why does the computer not see Samsung Galaxy through USB?
If the computer does not see the Samsung Galaxy when connecting using a USB cable that has been walking in a set, then you will have to eliminate problems in the computer itself. If you know that other computers see the phone, it may be in the USB port.
If the problem is not the case, then the problem can be with the cable or the port for charging the phone is shaken. Taking into account all this, here are a few steps that will help to correct this problem:
Connect the phone to other USB computer ports
Just connect the phone to the computer with a cable for charging or transmitting data. If the phone remains “invisible”, try to connect it to another port. Try one port after another to find out whether this was a problem.
Reboot the computer if no USB port works
It is also likely that your computer has system problems that interfere with the detecting connected devices. It is not yet known for sure whether this is a problem, it is worth it to restart the computer and see, it will turn out. If the problem remains after the reboot, then something is wrong with the computer, but with the cable or phone.
Still, I advise you to try other devices like a flash drive that are connected via USB port. If the computer sees all devices except the phone, proceed to the next step.
Make sure the USB cable is not damaged
Having examined the cable, you can check the presence of visible damage. If there are no one, try to charge the phone with it. Inside the cable there are wires that are responsible for charging and for data transfer.
Belting their phone, you can understand whether it works or not. If there is damage, the phone may not be loaded, especially if some wire has departed.
Another way to check is to use another cable. If the phone works with it, then the native cable is just broken. If the problem is really this, then you need to replace the old cable with a working.
Make sure you have connected the device as a “data storage device”
This is very important, since mostly phones are connected to a computer for recharging. If so, then the computer may not see it, since the transmission of melon is temporarily not available. Go to notifications and see if there is a selection icon for USB there. If so, then consider, the problem has already been solved.
You just need to click on it and select “Database Storage”. If this is the first connection, then installing the drivers will take some time. But if you do not have such a badge, try the following:
- Disconnect USB from Samsung.
- Turn off the phone.
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Turn it on.
- Connect the cable again.
- Check if an icon with options has appeared.
If it is not, proceed to the next step.
Check the charger socket
At a minimum, you need two cables to clarify if the problem is with it. If the computer still does not see Samsung, it’s time to check the port for the charger.
Perhaps there is no way to establish a connection, or some fragments, fiber or dust got into the connector. The stream of compressed air will help get rid of the latter, but in the case of weakening the connection, you need to move on.
If the contacts of the charger are in order and there is no dirt, connect the cable, and check if the contact has departed. If the cable has entered as it should, and the connection is not interrupted during its movement, then everything is in order.
Otherwise, you will have to purchase a cable that is ideally suitable for the port. If a new cable does not help, then your device has much more serious problems.
Let the phone check/repair the service in the service
If you have taken all previous steps, and the computer does not see the Samsung phone, it’s time to contact a professional for help. Do nothing with the hardware component, in order to make sure that the phone will not be removed from the guarantee.
Why does the Samsung phone not connect to a computer?
There are a number of reasons why the PC may not see the phone connected to it via a USB cable.
- Cable damage. any, even the highest quality USB. the cable has a relatively small expiration date and wear out after a few months of active use. Wear or mechanical damage will not allow the charge and data from the computer to the phone;
- damage to a telephone nest or a computer USB port will also not allow you to connect the device to the computer;
- Problems with a telephone battery also affect the display of connection. We judge the success of joining the computer by the appearance of the charging indicator if the phone accumulator does not respond to the connection, it may seem that the connection has not happened;
- Incorrect settings for the cable connection on a computer or smartphone, a blocked phone. these conditions will not allow you to connect;
- outdated drivers can incorrectly indicate the condition of the device connected to the computer;
- unofficial version of the operating system or phone firmware;
- The installed antivirus helps to avoid infection of the computer by harmful software, but prevents the functioning of conditionally safe in. Some antiviruses block connections to a USB port or affect the correct display of information when connecting.
Virus on the phone or PC
Some viruses may prevent the normal operation of USB ports. We recommend that in any case, check the computer and laptop using antivirus.
As you can see, the reasons for the fact that the computer does not see the Samsung phone can be a lot. If one of the ways of solving helped you, vote for it below, so that other users can start solving their problem correctly.
In addition to problems with the computer, it may arise that the Samsung phone flashes and does not turn on. If you suddenly have such a problem, then we hope this solution will help you.