How to fix if the computer does not see the phone connected via USB. additional methods
If your phone does not connect via USB to a data-capable computer, but only charges, try the following methods to fix the problem.
The computer does not see the phone via USB. why and how to fix it
If you are faced with the fact that the phone does not connect via USB, that is, the computer does not see it for transferring files, but only charging occurs, while the connection sound is played, this manual provides details on how to fix this and enable the ability to view content phone memory when connected via USB cable.
The steps below are suitable for both latest and previous Android phones in case the smartphone is not visible after connecting via USB on a computer with Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 7 and XP or Mac OS.
Android Safe Mode, Developer Mode motherboard drivers and other nuances
Among other things, if the issue under consideration occurs, please note the following points:
- Enable developer mode on Android, and then enable USB debugging in the developer options and, separately, find the default USB configuration item in the developer settings and set the “File transfer” mode. May be helpful here: How to enable USB debugging on Android.
- If you used the USB modem mode on your phone, in the settings (usually in the “Connections” section or “Network and Internet”. “Access point and modem”), turn off the “USB modem” option.
- If the phone is no longer visible after reinstalling or updating Windows, install the original drivers of the motherboard, chipset from the website of its manufacturer or from the website of the laptop manufacturer if you have a laptop.
- Try restarting your Android phone in Safe Mode. If after that it became visible when connected to a computer, then most likely the reason is in some third-party applications, most often related to protection, control and similar.
- Try using the built-in troubleshooter in Windows: go to Control Panel. Troubleshoot. Hardware and Sound. Device Settings (in recent versions of Windows 10, the item is missing).
- If possible, try connecting your phone to another computer. If it is also not visible there, again, the matter is most likely in the cable or connector. over, the connector on the phone may stop functioning for transferring files simply due to the ingress of dirt or water, followed by oxidation of the contacts.
- They can also help (or they can create problems with other USB drives, so take it only if you are ready for this) methods regarding cleaning the drivers from the instructions The computer does not see the USB flash drive.
If none of the options helps to solve the problem, and the computer still does not see your Android smartphone, describe the situation in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев: what was done, after which the problem appeared, how does your device behave when connected via USB, has the cable been checked with another phone, and the problematic device is on another computer. I will try to help.
Checking the operation of the phone (MTP device) in the device manager
- Open Device Manager on your Windows 10, 8.1, or Windows 7 computer while your phone is connected. To open Device Manager, you can press the WindowsR keys on your keyboard, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Windows is the OS logo key.
- See if there is a device in the device manager named MTP (MTP Device, MTP-Device) or the name of your phone (can be found in the section “Portable devices).
- If there is, double click on it, go to the Driver tab, click Update driver. Search for drivers on this computer. Select from a list of available drivers on your computer and see the list. If it has more than one compatible device, try to select a different driver than the one currently installed, usually you need to select “USB MTP device”.
- If no new devices appear in the manager when disconnecting and connecting the phone via USB, this is another argument in favor of problems with the cable, connector on the phone or computer.
on this topic, if the device is displayed in the device manager with an exclamation mark, in a separate instruction Incorrect service installation section in this MTP INF file.
Why Android phone is not visible on the computer via USB and only charging takes place. simple reasons and solutions
Before proceeding with additional methods for solving the problem when the phone is not visible through the USB connection, I recommend paying attention to the following simple points: very often the reason is one of the following:
- If you took a USB connection cable from a non-original cheap charging or bundled with another device (for example, to charge wireless headphones or another device that is not intended for receiving and transmitting data), then this may be the reason: not all cables can transmit data, there are no corresponding contacts, and outwardly it is not noticeable. The solution is a working cable with guaranteed data transfer capability.
- If you are faced with the fact that when you connect a smartphone to a computer, it is not visible, and recently the phone was repaired and something related to the board or connector was repaired, it is highly likely that the repair caused the problem: very often the connectors are soldered so that after that only charging works properly. The solution is just to redo.
- If you have Mac OS, just install Android File Transfer app for data transfer capability, official website: https://www.Android.com/filetransfer/
- If you still have Windows XP, install the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) driver. https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?ID=19153
Additionally, keep in mind that connecting even with a working cable through a USB hub (USB port splitter) to a faulty USB connector on a computer or laptop, and sometimes to the front panel of a PC may cause the problem under consideration. Try a direct connection to USB, another connector, the back of the PC, if connected to a USB 3.0 connector (usually blue). check if the problem persists when connecting to USB 2.0.
And the last simple point: after connecting the phone to the computer, in order for it to appear in the explorer with the ability to view photos, videos and other files, you need:
- Unlock the phone when connected, if it is locked. you will not be able to access data on locked modern Android phones.
- In the notification area, click on the USB connection notification (by default, most phones are connected only for charging). If the notification does not appear, more precisely, it does not say that this is a USB connection, but only a text about charging, then from the “point of view” of the phone, the connection does not serve for data transfer (wrong cable, damaged cable, connector on the phone or computer) Below are screenshots with the appearance of the notification on pure Android 9 and 8, on Samsung Galaxy and on Android 6-7.
- Select MTP file transfer mode for USB connection. On older versions of Android, there may also be an item for connecting as USB Mass Storage, it will also work, and it may work even better.
If the listed methods did not help, let’s move on to more complex fixes.
If you come to the conclusion that the reason for the problems when connecting the phone is its physical problems (socket, something else) or you just do not want to understand the reasons for a long time, then you can transfer files from and to the phone in other ways:
- If you have Windows 10. use your phone’s built-in app (photo transfer only), if your Samsung phone uses Samsung Flow app.
- Synchronization via cloud storage Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Yandex Disk.
- Using programs like AirDroid (convenient and simple for novice users).
- Create an FTP server on your phone or connect it as a network drive in Windows.
This concludes, and if you have any questions or additions after reading, I will be glad if you share.
USB port problems
The problem with USB ports is one of the most common reasons why the computer can’t see your iPhone. Especially if your PC is not the first freshness. USB ports are not the most reliable part of a computer, and therefore often after 3-4 years of operation, when trying to connect one or another device to them, various problems appear. starting with a banal freeze and ending with a complete refusal to recognize the device.
How do you know if you are dealing with problematic ports? First, try connecting your iPhone to a different USB port. it often happens that one has already failed, and the second is still working properly. No visible progress when connecting to a different port? Ok, let’s investigate the problem further. we connect the i-gadget with another PC. Is he not around? Then we go the other way. we connect any other device to the PC via USB. Is it like the iPhone is not displayed? Then, well, the answer is found. you have a port problem. Sometimes, by the way, you can reanimate them with a simple cleaning. take alcohol and a cotton swab and responsibly remove all dirt and dust. Perhaps this step will make the ports work and the synchronization will be successful. If this does not help, restart your PC. Unsuccessful too? Then, most likely, you will have to change ports.
ITunes App Not Noticing iPhone, or Software Issues
To get started, reinstall the iTunes app by downloading the latest version from the official website. If that doesn’t help, let’s move on to setting up the operating system.
If the “Windows XP” platform is deployed on the computer, you must do the following: close “iTunes”, having previously disconnected the device. We go to the “Start” menu, the “Run” item, and enter “services.msc” in the window that appears. A similar result can be achieved by going to the “Control Panel”, section “Administration”, item “Services”.
Next, we find the item “Apple Mobile Device”, in a special window, click on “Stop”. After stopping, click on “Run” in the same window. As soon as the restart of the service is completed, “iTunes” will be fully prepared to work with the communicator.
If you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista installed on your computer, the action plan is as follows: go to the device manager, right-click on the “Apple iPhone” and select the “Update driver” function, which is present in the context menu that appears. Next, we search for the driver on the computer using the appropriate item.
After that, we are interested in choosing a driver from the list of already installed ones. We turn to “install from disk”. In the dialog box that appears, click the “Browse” button. Go to disk “C”, folder “Program Files”, then. “Common Files”, then “Apple”, we need “Mobile Device Support” and, finally, the directory “Drivers”. Run the file “usbaapl”.
Click “OK” in the disk installation window. Click “Next” and complete the driver installation. We open the program “iTunes” to check if the device is recognized correctly.
If the problem occurs in the “Mac OS X” environment, disconnect the communicator from the computer by closing it in “iTunes” beforehand. Open the file manager called “Finder” and move several items to the “Trash”: the folder with the “iTunes” application, the shortcut of this program from a special launchpad, the files “AppleMobileDevice.kext” and “AppleMobileDeviceSupport.pkg”.
We restart the computer, delete the contents of the “Recycle Bin”, restart the computer again. Download the latest version of the iTunes app for the Mac platform. We connect the device and use iTunes. So we have analyzed the main cases in which the computer does not see the iPhone, as well as ways to solve this problem. Just a few simple steps can help you get rid of the problems that have arisen, but if this does not happen, you should take the device for deep testing to a service center as soon as possible.
A man always notices these 10 little things in a woman Do you think your man knows nothing about female psychology? This is wrong. Not a single trifle will hide from the gaze of your partner who loves you. And here are 10 things.
Why are some babies born with the “kiss of an angel”? Angels, as we all know, are kind to people and their health. If your child has the so-called kiss of an angel, then you have nothing to do.
Why do you need a tiny on jeans? Everyone knows that there is a tiny on jeans, but few have thought about why it might be needed. Interestingly, it was originally a place for xp.
Unforgivable mistakes in films that you probably never noticed There are probably very few people who would not like to watch films. However, even in the best cinema there are mistakes that the viewer can notice.
9 celebrity women who fell in love with women It is not unusual to show interest in someone other than the opposite sex. You are unlikely to be able to surprise or shock someone if you admit that.
11 Weird Signs That Indicate You Are Good in Bed Do you also want to believe that you are giving your romantic partner pleasure in bed? At least you don’t want to blush and sorry.
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone if the cable and ports are intact and the AMDS service is running? The problem may be related to the incorrect functioning of the iTunes application. In order to get rid of this problem, the application should be reinstalled. We remove it from our computer, check for the absence of folders that could remain after uninstalling the program (we wrote about this in our reviews). Also, it does not prevent you from performing a complete cleaning of your computer and registry using the useful CCleaner utility.
Next, we restart the computer and proceed to reinstall iTunes. in order to download the latest current version of this application, you must visit the Apple website. We go to the download section, uncheck the mailing lists (why do you need these mailings?), Click on the “Download” button. After downloading and installing the application, we try to connect the smartphone. the computer should recognize it.
Checking Apple Mobile Device Service
Why can’t my computer see my iPhone via USB? In some cases, the problem is associated with the incorrect operation of some services. If iTunes does not want to recognize the connected iPhone, you must restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS). The restart procedure is extremely simple and does not cause any difficulties even for novice users. By restarting the service, you can count on the correct detection of the connected smartphone. How to deal with the incorrect operation of this service?
If the computer cannot see the iPhone via USB, close the iTunes app and disconnect the smartphone from the computer. Go to “Control Panel. Administrative Tools. Services” and find the Apple Mobile Device Service in the list that appears. Double click on the service name, click on the Stop button. the AMDS service will stop. Next, click on the “Run” button and set the start type to “Automatic” if there was some other value there. Now we send the PC to reboot and try to reconnect the iPhone.
In some cases, the incorrect operation of the service is associated with conflicts with security software (firewalls, antiviruses). Try disabling or reinstalling this software, then check the visibility of the connected smartphone.
Why the computer does not see my iPhone as a USB flash drive?
Newcomers to the “apple” world often search the network for an answer to the question: “Why does the computer not see the iPhone 5 (any model of a smartphone can stand here at all) as a removable disk?” And if you have the same question, we hasten to please you. everything is in order with your device. The fact is that iOS. the platform on which all i-gadgets work. is closed, which significantly increases the safety of “apples”, but often negatively affects the convenience of their use.
In particular, the computer does not really see the iPhone as a USB flash drive. it appears in Windows Explorer as a portable device or is generally defined in the Other Devices category. If you double-click on the iPhone icon, a folder with photos taken on the device will open and all the user can do is transfer them to a PC, and even the reverse operation will be unavailable. Want to record a photo on an i-smartphone. welcome to iTunes.
We emphasize! This state of affairs is relevant for all PC operating systems and for all iPhone models. neither Windows 7 nor Windows 10 sees the iPhone as a removable disk. this is an iOS feature. If on some portal you are given recommendations that, supposedly, will help you see the iPhone as a USB flash drive, you should not trust them!
There are many reasons why the PC does not see the iPhone 4 or any other, but in most cases the user can independently diagnose the problem and solve it. We hope this article will be of great help to you in this matter! However, do not overestimate your strengths. if the point is in the hardware of the iPhone itself, you are unlikely to be able to independently identify the cause of the problem and fix it. Of course, you can say. well, I can’t disassemble my device itself? Maybe you can, but what will it give you? Even if you see a damaged microcircuit. will you dare to remove it yourself and install a new one? Not sure? Then there is no need to go inside such a complex device as the iPhone at all, it is better to trust the pros! However, we hope it won’t come to that.!
The functionality of the connecting cable is impaired
If USB ports are not the most reliable part of the PC, then the connecting cable for charging and connecting to the computer is not the most reliable part of the iPhone. Users have been scolding the “apple” giant for this problem for several years now, and not without reason. “Native” cable is not cheap, but it quickly deteriorates, while the Chinese does not always “know how” to interact with iTunes. That is, it will charge the smartphone, but it will not establish Connect between PC and iPhone.
So if the iPhone does not connect to the computer via USB, and you have already checked the ports, and they are working, it’s time to start diagnosing the cable. Many people check the cable like this. they connect the iPhone to the charger and if the battery starts charging, they consider it to be serviceable, but this diagnosis is not entirely correct. You see, the peculiarity of the structure of the iPhone cable is such that to connect a PC and an i-device, all contacts must be in good working order, but not for charging.
The only way to check if the cable is in trouble is to connect the iPhone to the computer with a different ORIGINAL cable, through which the other “apple” is perfectly recognized on your PC. And only after the success of this operation, it can be said unequivocally that the cable is to blame.
How to fix if iPhone not connect with PC via USB Cable in iOS 13
By the way, sometimes, in order for the connecting cable to work, as in the case of USB ports, cleaning the contacts helps. But in most cases it needs to be replaced.
Are both the cable and ports working and the iPhone won’t connect to your computer? Consider the next problem. a software conflict. Under this terrible heading, there are very common reasons why it is not possible to connect an iPhone to a PC.
Firstly, it may be that iTunes has not been updated for a long time, in which case you just need to go to the official Apple website and download the current version.
Secondly, there is a possibility that the computer does not see the device due to an incorrectly configured antivirus or firewall. Perhaps the security program classified the iPhone as an unsafe device, or considered it suspicious of iTunes’s attempt to contact Apple’s servers to identify the i-gadget. To check the relevance of this communication problem, you need to temporarily disable the antivirus and / or firewall and see if the situation changes. iPhone started showing up? This means that the point is precisely in the security programs and they need to be reconfigured so that they do not consider the activities of iTunes and iPhone suspicious.
Another software reason why the connected iPhone cannot be seen is a malfunctioning Apple Mobile Device Service. To fix the problem with it, restart it. Click the “Start” menu, go to “Control Panel”, then “Services”. In this section, find the Apple Mobile Device Service and double-click on it. A new window will open, in it click “Stop” and then “Run”. And also check the “Startup type” parameter, it should be automatic. After the corrections have been made, we restart the PC and check if our problem has been resolved.
A third-party file manager can replace Tunes with a full set of similar functions. For example, iTools or iFunBox. Connection and synchronization in these programs is quick and does not even require entering a password.
In several of our articles, we have examined in detail how to work in file managers for iOS. We advise you to read.
How to Fix iPhone or iPad Not Showing/Empty in Windows 10/8/7
The first time, connecting a smartphone with a new computer, the user will be asked whether to trust this PC. If you tap Don’t Trust, you won’t be able to view or edit the data on iPhone. In this case, the phone will only be charged. Let’s take a look at how to properly connect via USB.
Please note that to synchronize the device with a PC, you need iTunes, which can be downloaded from the link below.
Download and open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. In the window that appears, click “Continue”.
Click on the device icon in the top menu to go to setting the connection parameters.
Go to the “Overview” section and set up an important function: creating backups. Here we are interested in creating copies of iCloud, which occurs automatically once a day when the smartphone is actively connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, and the iPhone must be on charge. If you wish, you can create a backup copy manually, for this click “Create a copy now”.
To store backups on your PC and update them regularly when connected, you must enable the corresponding functions. Go down a little lower and put a checkmark in front of such items as: “Synchronize automatically if the iPhone is connected” and “Synchronize this iPhone via Wi-Fi”. Click “Finish” to complete the setup.
Connect without iTunes
You can manage files on your iPhone using a computer without using the standard iTunes program. Windows Explorer will help us with this.
Using this method, you can only view photos and videos on your iPhone through Explorer, as well as copy the data to your PC. You cannot delete and edit files.
After that, the iPhone will appear in the “Devices and Disks” section in File Explorer.
To view the necessary files, the user needs to go to a specific folder. Click “Internal Storage”.
Click on “100APPLE”. In this folder, you can sort files by creation or modification date for more comfortable work.
Selecting a USB cable
Unlike most Android devices, different iPhone models use different USB cables. Older versions up to iPhone 4S were connected to the PC with a 30-pin cable.
2012 saw the introduction of an innovative and more compact USB cable, the Lightning. To this day, it is the standard in the newest models, including the corresponding jack used to connect headphones. Therefore, if you have an iPhone 5 and later, connect the device only using Lightning.
The USB cable is used for more than just charging and syncing with a computer. With it, you can organize Internet access for your PC. This feature is called “Modem Mode”. It works on both Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cable.
Connect your smartphone to your computer and go to “Settings”.
In the next tab, activate the function by sliding the switch to the right. If the PC is automatically connected to the network, a special panel will appear at the top of the screen that shows the number of connections.
Cancellation of trust
Sometimes a user needs to revoke trust in a particular computer in order to prevent him from managing files on his smartphone. To do this, you do not need to reconnect iPhone to PC, just go to settings.
The trust function is reset immediately for all computers that were previously synchronized with the device.
Scroll to the end of the list and find the item “Reset”.
We enter the password code to confirm our actions. After that, click “Reset settings” in the menu that appears. There is no need to reboot the device. Don’t worry, all data will remain on your device. After this procedure, you only need to re-allow applications to access geodata, since these settings are also reset.
Connecting iPhone to PC via USB
Despite the booming wireless technology, USB cables are still used in all iPhone models. They allow you to charge the device from adapters with different power, as well as synchronize with a computer. The wire can even be used to transfer internet connection.
Connecting iPhone to Computer via USB
You can charge your iPhone and manage all your files using your computer, and you don’t need to install iTunes. To connect, you need a USB cable suitable for your phone model.
.IPhone refuses to communicate with PC
Each time you connect to a new computer, the “Trust this computer” dialog box appears on the smartphone screen. To give your PC access to your iPhone, you need to unlock it and click Trust. If the negative option was previously selected, and the PC does not see the iPhone via USB, you should restart the device and reconnect it.
.Blocking access to the driver
Antivirus programs can see malware in the downloaded Apple driver. The problem must be resolved in the following order:
- Temporarily disable antivirus;
- Disconnect the device from the PC, then reconnect;
- Press the “Win” and “R” keys to bring up the “Run” window;
- Paste in the active line the path:% ProgramFiles% \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers and click “OK”;
- Right-click on the usbaapl64.inf file (on Windows x64 versions) or usbaapl.inf (on x86 versions), select the “Install” line;
- Disconnect smartphone, restart PC and insert USB again.
Why the computer can’t see the iPhone via USB?
Unfortunately, the interaction between the phone and the PC is not always smooth. Some users are faced with the fact that the computer does not recognize the iPhone via USB and does not respond to the connection.
The reason may lie in several factors. To figure out why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB, a list of the most common problems and how to fix them will help. We will now tell about them.
.Lack of required drivers
Most often, the computer does not find the iPhone due to the lack of drivers or their conflict with the operating system. To fix the problem, you will need:
- Right-click on “My Computer” and select the line “Properties”;
- Go to the “Device Manager” section in the left menu;
- Find the “Apple Mobile Device” driver in the “USB Controllers” group, right-click on it and select “Delete”;
- Agree to remove the drivers and click “OK”;
- Download the generic Apple driver, install it;
- Reconnect the device to the computer to update the configuration.
.Crash iTunes settings
Apple’s proprietary program is simply irreplaceable for owners of Apple devices. It helps not only to control the smartphone, but also to install drivers when it is connected for the first time.
ITunes problems arise in several cases: when updating Windows, when restoring the OS, and also when cleaning the system disk. The problem is solved by reinstalling the program from the official website.
Problems with iPhone recognition can occur on a personal computer for various reasons. It is problematic to accurately determine the nature of the malfunction, therefore, you should comprehensively study the smartphone and check it for each of the problems indicated above.
Disconnecting iPhone during a call: finding and fixing the cause
Also, we cannot note the fact that most of the iPhone users do not care about their device, throwing it into their purses or s, where there is still a lot of small things and garbage. With the constant placement of the phone in such an environment, its recesses will inevitably become clogged with debris, which can one day play a rather cruel joke with the device. If the above recommendations did not help, you can try taking a brush and cleaning the entire body of the device. Sometimes it helps.
If the phone is no longer displayed on the computer, after a fall, wet or software failure, then it is advisable to take it to a service center.
Do not forget to read the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later Комментарии и мнения владельцев, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
Solving the problem on OS X
We think it would be right to start with the native environment for iTunes. OS X. Thanks to optimization, problems on this operating system arise much less often, but are not excluded. The first thing to try is to clear the entire contents of the Lockdown directory. To do this, first disconnect your iPhone from the computer, simultaneously press the “cmd shift G” keys and go to the address / var / db / lockdown / If everything is done correctly, you will see a window with the certificate files that need to be deleted. Now we are trying to connect your device to a computer, and when asked about the trust of this computer, we answer in the affirmative. The computer should then see your iPhone via USB.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB: the solution to the problem
IOS devices, of course, in most cases are able to do without using USB, but still there are situations when the use of a cable is simply necessary. And even with the use of USB, problems can arise. where without them, nothing is perfect. So why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB: we tell you the solution. One of the most common problems with iTunes is the inability to find a connected device. There may be several reasons for this error, but often the failure lies in the trusted connection mechanism (keys for future login are saved on both devices). By default, with such an error, a message like “Trust this computer?” next time you connect.
We will consider a scenario where, after a negative response, a repeated request is no longer shown. Fortunately, this problem can be solved in just a few steps.
iPhone turns on and off immediately: how to restore a smartphone
Solving the problem on Windows
You can solve the problem on Windows in a similar way, although this OS is more stubborn in this regard. True, the location of the certificate files is different, and there is a need to display hidden files. To do this, go to “Folder Options”, then. “View” and select to display hidden files and folders. On different versions of Windows, the path to the files will be different:
- Windows XP: C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ Apple \ Lockdown
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10: C: \ ProgramData \ Apple \ Lockdown
If these manipulations did not lead to anything, then you can resort to a more complex method. In Windows, go to Device Manager, then right-click on your Apple device. We select “Update driver”, and then we search for drivers on this computer through the item “Select a driver from the list of existing ones”.
Now we select the item “Install from disk” (or alternatively, you can try to install from a USB drive or phone). In the “Install from disk” window, select the “Browse” option and go to the following address: C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers Here we need the usbaapl file, select it. If it does not exist or such a folder does not exist, you should look for it in the folder C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Common Files \ Apple \ Mobile Device Support \ Drivers Finally, click on the “OK” button, and then on the “Next” button to complete the driver installation process. Now you can connect your iPhone to your computer and check if it sees it. In most cases, this particular method turns out to be the winning one.
Add a comment Cancel reply
To post a comment, you need to log in.
What to do if computer can’t see iPhone via USB
The functionality of Apple devices is really huge, but you can fully experience all the “power” and capabilities of these devices only with the use of a separate tool. the iTunes program, which allows you to copy information, create backups, manage applications and disk space, synchronization, transfer music, photos. documents and other types of files. And in general, everything seems to be simple, however, some users have numerous problems when connecting an iPhone to a computer.
Actually, within the framework of this article, we have considered all the possible reasons due to which your iPhone is not detected on the computer. We recommend that you check all options, starting with the very first, and until the problem is found.
Trust This Computer Notice Rejected
The problem of detecting your iPhone on the computer may be due to the fact that when a notification appears on the smartphone with the text “Trust this computer” it was rejected, as a result of which the connection between the devices did not occur. The fact is that Apple’s protection policy implies additional security measures, so this procedure is mandatory.
To fix this problem, you need to re-disconnect iPhone from PC and reconnect. A repeated connection request will appear, where you will need to click on the “Trust” tab on your smartphone, and within a few seconds the device will be determined by the system.
We’ve also highlighted some quick tips that can help in some situations. If nothing from the list above helped you, try these recommendations:
- Disable antivirus on your computer. Sometimes it can be the reason that your smartphone is not detected by the system, but these are extremely rare cases;
- Close other programs. If your computer is not particularly powerful, then an abundant number of simultaneously running applications can interrupt the work of other devices;
- Unlock iPhone. When connecting the phone, be sure to unlock it, otherwise access to data and iTunes will not be provided;
- Connect to a different USB port. If you connected to the ports located on the front of the system unit, then try plugging the cable into the rear USB ports located on the motherboard;
- Do not use adapters, extension cords, or hubs. When connecting the cable, try to avoid intermediary equipment, as this may interfere and as a result, the computer will not detect the iPhone.
Old version of iTunes
Connecting an iPhone also requires the latest version of iTunes, as it is the only official Apple software that provides full file management on the phone. If the smartphone is still not detected after the above tips, check if you need to update the iTunes program on your computer.
- Open iTunes and find the “Help” item in the top menu;
- Then go to the “Check for an update” tab;
- If there is an update, the program will automatically download all the necessary files and restart. Otherwise, a notification will appear stating that the update is not required.
Apple Mobile Device USB Driver not showing up in the list
To correctly detect the iPhone, it is necessary that the USB controller used by the port automatically installs the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, otherwise the pairing of devices will be impossible. But, unfortunately, sometimes this does not happen automatically due to incorrect operation of Windows, iPhone, conflicting software and other factors. That is why you have to check everything manually:
- Open the “Control Panel” on your computer and find the item “Device Manager” there. You can also right-click in the explorer and select “Properties”;
- A list of devices will appear in front of you. Find the item “USB Controllers” and expand it;
- Here you need to find the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver item in the list;
- If this item is absent or the inscription: “Unknown device” is displayed, you will need to try to connect the iPhone through a different port, try to use a different cable, or connect the device to another PC.
Attention! If you see this inscription, but a question or error icon appears next to it, most likely, the driver was installed incorrectly. In this case, you need to restart the service responsible for the operation of this driver:
- Also go to the “Control Panel”, but now find the “Administrative Tools” section and click on the “Services” item;
- In the list, you need to find an item with the name of the driver and click on it with RMB, then select “Properties”
- Here, select the “Automatic” item in the startup type, then stop the service and start again. Next, it remains only to restart the computer and check the operation by re-inserting the USB cable into the port on the PC.
Connecting a jailbroken phone
If you had an iPhone “flashed”, then when you connect your smartphone to a PC, errors or problems with detection will occur. In this case, it will be necessary to switch the device to DFU mode in order to restore its performance. Below we have described how to do this in a few clicks:
- Disconnect your smartphone and connect it via a USB cable to your computer;
- Launch iTunes and on your smartphone simultaneously press Power and Home, holding them for 10 seconds;
- Release the Power button, and continue to hold Home for about 20 more seconds, until a notification appears in iTunes that the recovery process will begin;
- Confirm the action by clicking “Ok”, and restore the smartphone, and then do everything that you need with it.
USB cable problems
This is often the main problem due to which your computer cannot recognize your smartphone. And here, too, there are nuances and sub-points: