Video system components
When choosing a camera, you should pay attention to the video signal standard. PAL or NTSC. The standards of the camera and the display should not differ, otherwise, as the saying goes, “there will be no kiná”.
Eye on the spoiler: do it yourself rear view camera!
Where to look?
We chose the camera. we go to the receiving devices showing the picture from the video camera. This can even be a video recorder that has a second (rear) camera and displays the image from it on its display. It’s very difficult to see anything on such a small screen.
Another thing is when the picture is displayed on a 2 DIN multimedia device (standard or installed additionally). It usually has a six to seven inch display and allows you to connect a rear view camera. It remains to provide a signal to this device, as well as inform him that the reverse gear is on.
Separate monitors with a screen diagonal of no more than five inches, which are mounted on the dashboard, are also offered on sale. But in a modern car, the front panel is already crammed with equipment. Therefore, another solution seems to be interesting, rather inexpensive (and compact): you can use a rear-view mirror with a monitor that comes to life only when power and a video signal are supplied.
You need to connect the two devices with a video cable. The occupation is quite troublesome, since the cable will have to be passed through a movable connection. an opening door or a trunk lid. We recommend routing the cable under the headliner: it is much easier than wading along the sills of the car, where an abnormal cable may be susceptible to chafing.
A more convenient solution is to transmit the image over the radio channel. We acquire a so-called radio module. It receives power, like a video signal, from the camera and broadcasts it at a radio frequency to a receiving device, which sends a signal to the display. The radio module will cost one and a half thousand, but will save time during installation.
How to avoid strabismus
The parking aid system consists of two main components. a video camera (this is a kind of eyes of the system) and a device with a display on which the image is displayed.
All car camcorders have a similar design: a set of lenses plus a photosensitive matrix. They produce a color image of not very high quality. due to the peculiarities of video signal processing, the resolution usually does not exceed 0.3 megapixels. But this is quite enough to recognize a parking bollard or a pedestrian. It is better to install the camera higher: both the view is wider and less contaminated.
One of the options for its placement on station wagons, hatchbacks, crossovers, vans is an overlay or a lamp for an additional brake light. For this, a mortise camera with latches or an external one on a bracket is suitable. You need to adjust the “eye” so that the extreme element of your car. a bumper, a tailgate or a towbar ball. falls into the bottom of the image on the screen.
If you don’t want to mess around with installing the camera, buy a number frame with an already built-in “eye”. However, this option is only suitable for vehicles with a high number plate. If the registration plate is installed on the bumper, it is better to abandon the idea. it is difficult to perceive what is happening from a half-meter height, moreover, the peephole will constantly go blind. In order not to encounter “squint”, you should not install such a camera on cars where the license plate is off-center. These are, for example, vans with swing doors and SUVs with a side opening door. For many cars, video cameras are offered, combined with a plafond for license plate illumination. They are the easiest to install, they look aesthetically pleasing, but with similar characteristics, they are more expensive than others.
We purchased two video systems and tried to install them on the LADA Largus station wagon. The back of it gets dirty quickly, so one camera was placed at the top of the tailgate and the other behind the heated glass so that it looks out through the area to be cleaned by the wiper. The “glazed” camera was fixed to the door flange with screw clamps, but you can simply glue it to the glass. Likewise, place the camera on SUVs, crossovers, and commercial vans with an almost vertical tailgate.
The signal transmission from the video camera to the front of the car was organized through a radio module. The power supply of the video camera and the radio module can be supplied from the reversing lamp. But we, in order not to pull the “positive” wire through the corrugation from the lamp to the door, took power from the rear wiper motor. On its block there is a “minus” and “plus”, which appears immediately when the ignition is turned on. The camera and transmitter will work continuously as long as the ignition is on. You should not worry about the resource. street cameras generally work around the clock for many years.
They decided to display the picture on a rear-view mirror with a five-inch screen. The radio module was placed under the roof lining, making its way there through the hole under the interior lighting shade, which is installed on almost all cars.
It is better to power the mirror and the front radio module from the wiring harness that goes to the rear of the car. It is necessary, armed with an electrical circuit or a tester, to find the “positive” wire to the reversing lamp. now the picture in the mirror will come to life only when the “reverse” is turned on. And you will never do an emergency stern mooring.
How to connect a rear view camera
Now many companies selling automotive electronics offer the services of their technical centers for the installation of radio tape recorders, alarms, rear and side view cameras.
Often the cost of such work is quite high, which forces many car owners to install rear-view cameras on the car on their own.
Many people prefer to do this in order not to give large sums of money to specialists.
Installing a car rear view camera
Before starting any work on the car’s electrical system, evaluate your capabilities and knowledge in the field of electrical engineering.
If you are not sure of a positive result, it is better to seek help from a professional auto electrician or a service center.
If you decide to do everything yourself, first of all, disconnect the positive terminal on the car battery to avoid a short circuit and fire the electrical wiring.
All rear view cameras for cars, regardless of the installation location, are connected in the same way.
Power to the rear view camera comes from the reversing light.
This is done so that the camera turns on only at the same time as it starts moving backward.
The peculiarity of such cameras is that rear-view cameras cannot work in a constant mode, unlike conventional CCTV cameras.
They should only be switched on for a short period of time, no more than an hour.
This time is quite enough to get into the parking space.
We connect the video output
When the cable is already laid in the cabin and connected to the camera, we can connect it to the radio tape recorder or the monitor of the on-board computer.
There should be a specification of the radio ports, marking methods and the location of the inputs.
If you have to connect the camera to an ordinary car TV or monitor, then the task is greatly simplified.
You just need to match the connectors of the same color.
Laying the video cable in the car
Rear view cameras, like most video devices, have a standard cinch plug for video transmission.
This plug is usually marked yellow.
Exactly the same output with a yellow plug can be seen on any TVs, camcorders and VCRs.
The camera comes with a 5 meter video cable for in-car cabling.
This length is more than enough for installing a camera in a large jeep.
If the length is not enough (installing the camera in a bus, limousine or truck), the cable can be easily extended with another cable of exactly the same.
Connect the monitor power
The monitor is powered in exactly the same way as the camcorder.
The red power wire is connected through a 0.5A fuse to the on-board electrical system, the black wire. to the car body through any bolt or screw.
Fuse is a mandatory element when connecting
Any new equipment in the car is connected to the on-board power supply only through fuses to avoid short circuits and fire wiring.
All fuses are selected depending on the power of the device to which they are connected.
Consult a professional to avoid connection errors.
How to properly connect the power of the rear view camera
It is necessary to connect the red power wire (phase) of the camera and the red (phase) wire from the flashlight.
Installing a fuse on this pin is not required.
At this stage, the power supply of the camera is completely complete.
You can start connecting the video cable.
How to choose a system
The automotive electronics market is overflowing with a variety of connectivity kits. This is especially true for products from China.
Indeed, for some owners, the quality of the transmitted picture or the backlight in the dark is not at all critical. Therefore, it is not worth paying money for unused functions.
- Video resolution. The higher this parameter, the better the video quality is on the screen. High-resolution cameras provide detailed images of the smallest objects in the back of the car.
- Matrix sensitivity. Sometimes this parameter is indicated by the symbol “ISO”. Cheap models are not equipped with sensitive matrices, this directly affects the image quality in the dark. The picture is fuzzy, it floats while moving.
- Shooting coverage. The standard viewing angle range is 120-180 degrees. A high value helps to make the video panoramic, a lot of space will fit into the frame. But there is an insidious moment: at such angles, the real dimensions of objects are distorted, which can deceive an inexperienced driver. Therefore, the optimal solution should be sought between these values.
- Camera body and installation type. Waterproof devices can be safely installed outside the car, they are not afraid of water and dirt. But they will always be available to thieves. Indoor cameras are installed in the luggage compartment. Space coverage will decrease, but the device will always be dry and protected from prying hands.
- Connection type. The standard is a wired connection. A cable is laid from the monitor or radio to the back of the car. unusual is the wireless connection. The driver does not need to remove the trim and hide the wiring. But this method requires additional accessories. transmitters.
- Rear cameras with backlight function. By such devices, you can easily navigate in the dark. Illumination is performed by infrared diodes or an additional lamp. This function is useful for those cars in which the taillights are small and give a low light. Do you need this type of cameras. the owner decides individually.
It is necessary to pay attention to the method of displaying the image. It can be a separate monitor or a 2din radio with a built-in screen. If the quality of the latter suits, there is no point in installing a second monitor.
Connecting a rear view camera to a Chinese radio
The last thing a driver wants to do is damage the car while parking on a busy street. Especially if it’s someone else’s car.
Камера TEYES AHD новая камера заднего вида высокой четкости
And the truth is, no matter how experienced the driver is, there is a subtle little thing that will cause trouble. In such a situation, a rear view camera comes in handy. It significantly improves visibility and avoids unpleasant excesses.
Today, many cars are equipped with this useful gadget, especially the premium segment. But early models lack this function, which means there is a reason to pick up a tool.
How to connect a rear view camera to a Chinese radio tape recorder today will be discussed.
Connecting a car reversing camera to a laptop
To be able to view the picture on a laptop, you need a special TV tuner. It can be used to match an analog signal with a computer.
How to connect a camera to a radio tape recorder with your own hands
Initially, you need to choose an installation location. There is enough space in the back of the car, but when you take into account the coverage of the broadcast picture, the choice is reduced.
It is worth considering the location of the camera eye. He must have a view over the entire shooting angle and not be obstructed by other body elements.
There are two installation options: under the license plate and under the rear window. Here it is worth considering the type of car body. For station wagons, due to the lack of a long trunk, both methods are suitable. For sedans, the optimal place is in the license plate compartment.
Let’s move on to the connection. Before starting work, you need to prepare the tool:
- the camera kit itself with wires;
- a set of keys;
- plastic ties;
- electrical tape or heat shrink tubing.
Sometimes you may need to drill multiple holes to mount the rear camera. In this case, you should stock up on drills and a drill. Some car models have a prepared place for the camera, for which it is enough to pull out the factory cap.
Prepare the vehicle interior for wiring. Pull the upholstery gently back. Choose locations where the cable will not be deformed by the feet of passengers, and avoid sharp bends in the cable. It will be reliable to strengthen the wire on the standard highway of the car. Reinforce the line with plastic ties.
Advice: for the safety of the electrical circuits of the machine, all connections should be made with the battery disconnected. This eliminates the risk of an accidental short circuit to ground.
How to connect a mirror with a rear view camera
The way to connect such a mirror is no different. The connection diagram looks like:
expensive mirrors support shooting from both sides of the vehicle. The front camera is already integrated into the product body and does not require connection.
Ways to connect two Chinese cameras to the radio tape recorder
There are models on the market for two-zone monitoring of the vehicle space. front and rear. This solution allows you to register possible emergency situations on the road, and to record the state of the car in the absence of the owner.
Connection and configuration is carried out in the following order:
- the on-board network of the machine is de-energized;
- the front camera is mounted on the rear-view mirror holder;
- mount the back;
- for aesthetics, connecting wires are led to the head unit under the interior trim;
- if the head unit has two Video In inputs, connect the signal wires to them. In the case when the kit has its own recorder, choose the place of its installation, connect it to the network and cameras;
- we check the connections according to the installation diagram, turn on the battery;
- configure the parameters of the cameras.
It remains only to test the system in motion and, if necessary, make corrections.
Sometimes it happens that one of the cameras does not provide adequate coverage of the space in front of it. The way out is to purchase a “Fish Eye” patch. It acts as a wide-angle lens and widens the angle of view.
Connecting a Chinese rear view camera to a Japanese radio
Lovers of high-quality audio systems Japanese equipment. But they have their own nuances when connecting video cameras.
Consider an example on a Pioneer 2din radio tape recorder. The installation has a similar procedure:
- The camera is powered from the reversing light.
- The signal cable is connected to the Video In connector. Usually, in this model, a brown tulip is responsible for capturing video.
- We check in the settings the inclusion of the camera and its operation.
The system works, but will not turn on automatically when driving backwards. It is enough to connect the purple wire of the head unit to the rear light, where the camera is. The problem will be fixed when the reverse gear is engaged. The radio tape recorder will understand that you need to activate the shooting mode.
The rest of the installation points of the device remain the same.
Tools and materials
Prepare all the necessary tools before connecting the rear view camera.
If you plan to connect the device to a standard monitor, then in addition to cables and tools, you will need the appropriate adapters:
- soldering iron;
- First of all, you need to install a peephole. If your car has the necessary places for mounting this element, just dismantle the plastic plugs and install the peephole in their place. But how to install a rear view camera if the car is not equipped with seats? Using a drill, drill the desired hole in the bumper and install the device in it, fixing it with glue.
- Next, lay all the necessary cables through the luggage compartment. First of all, connect the negative cable to the car body, that is, to its mass, usually a black cable. You can use a bolt to connect, but in advance it is necessary to clean the body from rust and dirt, if any, so that the contact is good. As for the positive cable, it is better to connect it to the taillight wiring. Thus, the device will turn on automatically when the driver activates the reverse speed.
- After connecting the device, the cables are pulled into the front of the car interior and connected to the monitor. As a rule, the cable is enough for these purposes, but you may have to lengthen it yourself. Here we will clarify the point on adapters. If you plan to connect the device to the OEM monitor, then you may need to purchase the appropriate adapters in advance. But in most cases, the connection goes through without problems, using standard “tulips”. If your vehicle is equipped with a modern multimedia system, then it must be equipped with an appropriate outlet for such a device, check this.
- After you connect the device to the monitor, the final stage will be to connect the screen to the network and mount it on the torpedo. In this case, the minus cable should be connected to the ground of the car body, plus is connected to the power cable of the reversing lights. Typically, this element is located in the area of the gear selector, then the center console. As for the display itself, fix it on the console with self-tapping screws, but double-sided tape will look more aesthetically pleasing.
Preparing to install a rear view camera on a car
Where and how to install the rear view camera? Mounting a camera with wires or wireless with your own hands requires the motorist to remove certain components of the upholstery or bodywork, as well as some skills when working with electronics. If you decide to do everything yourself, that is, with your own hands, then remember that you cannot rush to dismantle the plastic upholstery. It is better to find all the necessary fasteners and adapters, identify the places where the latches are located, so you will understand where to go. Using a screwdriver and other tools, you can easily prepare the car for the connection process with your own hands.
Camera image in the rearview mirror
Remember that always, when working with electrical wires and cables of the car, you need to disconnect the battery:
- Where you need to look first is the luggage compartment. You are required to designate the places through which the cables and wires will pass to connect the reversing monitoring device. As a rule, in the trunk there should be special plugs for this, if necessary, after pinouting the cables, they can be laid already next to the existing wires.
- As for the peephole itself, which will monitor the reverse, it is better to mount it in the bumper of the car or in the backlight of the license plate. In principle, it all depends on the car owner. it’s up to you to decide which scheme is better to use for this. In some cases, in order to pinout and bring out the cables of the reverse monitoring device, it is required to remove the whole bumper, sometimes it is enough to simply hide the device with a plug. Depending on the car, installation is carried out in special seats.
- Please note that before connecting the rear view camera, it will be necessary to dismantle some of the components in the passenger compartment, on the front panel. As a rule, the installation of the gadget involves the removal of the torpedo and the lower part of the control panel, this is necessary in order to correctly connect all the adapters after pinout and connect the device to the wiring. In some cases, dismantling of the multimedia system is required (video by SERZH).
After you carry out the pinout, prepare all the necessary adapters and dismantle the upholstery, you can start installing the device.
Installation and Connection Guide
Checking and setting
- To check, connect the battery, turn on the ignition.
- Activate reverse speed.
- In the event that an image with the background of the car’s rear view appears on the display, the connection process can be considered complete. Can be assembled upholstery.
- If necessary, you can adjust the lens.
Choosing the right device
Before you know how to properly connect a car rear view camera to a monitor or navigator according to the diagram, you should decide on the choice of a device. The modern market offers buyers a large selection of such gadgets, characterized by different features and functionality. Accordingly, the cost of such devices is also different. In production, they always make sure that the end consumer can always supply the device with his own hands, therefore, gadget kits are always equipped with instructions and adapters.
- First, you need to decide on the choice of the shape of the device, because this will directly affect its connection to a monitor or navigator. Where is the connection made? Sometimes the installation of a rear view camera is carried out in the bumper, other models are equipped with special fasteners. In addition, in some cases, the installation of a rear-view camera is carried out in the luggage compartment or in its illumination.
- Also, by type, rear view devices can be wireless or with wires. Installing a rear-view camera with wires is more painstaking, but such a gadget, unlike a wireless one, costs an order of magnitude cheaper. Of course, wireless devices are more technological, their connection to a navigator or a mirror is carried out wirelessly. It all depends on financial capabilities.
- When choosing a reversing camera, you should also understand what angle of view you need. If the directionality of the sensor is too narrow, then the motorist simply will not be able to fully assess the situation behind the car. Accordingly, there will be little sense from such a reversing device, be it with wires or wireless. However, if the rear view gadget has a large viewing angle, too much unnecessary information will be displayed on the monitor or navigator, which will interfere with the driver’s concentration.
Your own master: install and connect the rear view camera yourself
All modern cars today are equipped with multiple electronic devices, one of which is parking sensors. Such a gadget allows you to park correctly, taking into account the dimensions of the vehicle. However, in order to have a more complete picture of what is happening behind the car, many motorists are installing rear view cameras. For more information on how to install a rear view camera and how to choose such a device, read below.
A good way to power the DVR is a separate dedicated line. The connection is similar to the previous one: the wire is led out under the hood to the fuse box. plus to plus, and the minus can be fixed directly to the car body.
If, in addition to the cigarette lighter connector, you also purchase a power controller, you can independently control the voltage supply to the camera.
How to connect a rear view camera to a dash cam
This question consists of two parts: direct mounting of the rear view camera and its connection to the DVR.
Parking cameras are mortise and overhead. To install the mortise, you will need to drill the bumper. Overheads are fixed on the glass with Velcro, on the bumper or pad. with Velcro and self-tapping screws.
The overhead rear-view camera can be installed on the glass inside the passenger compartment or outside. above the license plate (Fig. 5). It is clear that the first option is not considered if the rear window does not have electric heating and a wiper. But another important drawback of this installation is that you will not see the road directly under the wheels. And this function is very useful when reversing off-road.
As you can see from the figure, laying the cable for connecting to the DVR during installation inside the cabin does not cause any particular difficulties. The situation is different with the external mount.
The power supply is connected to the reversing lamp (red wire. to the plus of the lamp), the video signal. to the corresponding connector (Fig. 6). Thus, when you turn on the reverse gear, the recording is automatically activated and the picture from the rear camera is displayed on the screen.
Throughout the cabin, the wire is pulled from the mirror to the trunk under the trim lining of the passenger compartment or is passed through the standard corrugation with wiring.
Installing the mirror of the DVR with a rear view camera and connecting
The complete set of the mirror-video recorder includes: the mirror-monitor itself with a built-in front camera, a charger from the cigarette lighter, a rear-view camera, a 5-meter connecting cable, a set of fasteners (Fig. 1).
If you have chosen the right mirror, then quickly and easily fix it on the standard one using two elastic straps. Otherwise, you will have to dismantle the old mirror and purchase a separate mount for the new one.
Installing a DVR with a rear view camera
Considering the culture of driving and the state of domestic roads, there is no need to talk about the benefits of the DVR. And if until recently an ordinary video camera on a suction cup was the pride of a car owner, then the functionality of a modern recorder is comparable to the capabilities of a computer. Below we will deal with the selection criteria and consider how the installation of a DVR with a rear-view camera takes place, depending on its design and your wishes.
Immediately about the main thing: decide on the type of device. There are only two of them:
The obvious advantage of the second option is the possibility of a stationary installation. At the same time, the windshield and torpedo are not cluttered with additional gadgets, and the DVR itself, outwardly indistinguishable from an ordinary mirror, does not arouse interest among dishonest citizens.
Both types of two-channel DVRs of the latest generation with an external rear-view camera are equipped approximately the same, and their installation differs only in the way of mounting the display. about this.
To fuse box
It is usually located at the bottom of the front or side of the panel. On the cover of the block there is a diagram of the location of the fuses for electrical appliances (Fig. 2). Having chosen a suitable one, you need to pull out its fuse, fix the red wire from the cigarette lighter socket to the positive terminal and insert it back (Figure 3). Negative contact. mass. goes to the fastening bolt. (Figure 4)
With this connection option, the DVR will turn on when voltage is applied to the electrical device you have selected. If the latter is under constant voltage, you will need to turn off the recorder manually.
To the interior light
This is the shortest and easiest way. You just need to remove the cover and find the positive wire. At the same time, it is important not to confuse it with the one that comes from the relay that reacts to the doors, otherwise the recording will turn on every time they are opened.
Since in the vast majority of cases, the interior lamp is under constant voltage, the DVR will also be constantly active.
Chevrolet Cruze TEYES CC2L Android Head Unit and AHD Reverse Camera Install
To the cigarette lighter
The length of the charging cord allows it to be routed under the headliner and front right side pillar trims and then led directly to the cigarette lighter or glove compartment with an outlet. If you regularly use a cigarette lighter to charge other devices, consider this type of splitter as a tee with switches. a very useful device for long trips.
With this connection, the recording is activated automatically when the engine is started. After turning off the ignition, the device turns off. But if the DVR has a built-in battery and motion sensors, it can activate recording even when the engine is off.
How to connect power
Like a normal electrical appliance, the DVR can be connected to the on-board network anywhere, observing the polarity and the voltage consumed by the device, which is usually 5 V.
Depending on the make and model of the car, some of its electrical appliances are under constant voltage, and some are turned off along with the ignition. This moment determines the choice of the wire to which you are connected.
The supplied charger provides power from the vehicle’s 12 Volt mains. At the same time, in many models of DVRs, the cigarette lighter plug is equipped with a voltage converter from 12 volts of the on-board network to 5 volts consumed by the camera itself. Therefore, if you are not strong in electrics and do not want to buy a separate converter, you should not cut off the charging plug. it is better to purchase an additional cigarette lighter socket, which will connect to the desired contact. In addition, such an installation will allow you to keep the DVR with a rear view camera intact for the duration of the warranty service.
Before starting work on connecting the gadget, remove the negative terminal from the battery.
Required tools and materials
The standard set of video cameras includes a basic set of materials used in the implementation of installation work. But Chinese-made equipment is equipped with poor quality wires and terminals, which are recommended to be replaced. The set of tools depends on the design features, the method of installing and connecting the equipment. For example, there are video cameras integrated into a plastic frame for a license plate (Auto Expert VC-204 model).
To mount a camera with your own hands to view the space behind the car, you will need tools and materials:
- cordless drill with a set of drills;
- drawing set for marking;
- patch cables and plugs;
- hardware products for fastening components;
- devices for removing the radio tape recorder, which is used to display the image on the display;
- electrical tape or heat shrink tubing.
The standard wiring diagram consists of several circuits:
- broadcasting a video signal to a radio tape recorder or a separate monitor installed on the dashboard;
- power supply to the video camera at the moment of engaging reverse gear;
- ensuring the operability of the backlight LEDs.
To install a rear view camera on a car with your own hands, you must:
- Unpack the equipment and fix the product body in the rectangular hole for the backlight. The kit includes a rubber gasket; the product is held in the frame by latches or screws. When using universal models manufactured in China, it may be necessary to refine the mating surfaces.
- Then we install a bundle of cables through which power is supplied and the video signal is broadcast. In the design of the equipment, LEDs can be used for illumination, the cords are led out into the interior of the car. The harness is closed with a corrugated tube, which we attach to the load-bearing frame and the lid hinges using plastic clamps. It is allowed to use a standard corrugated cover to protect power cables.
- If a nozzle for supplying washer fluid is used in the design of the lens, then a flexible hose for supplying water must be supplied. The tube is connected to the washer system; cleaning the lens at the same time removing dirt from the surface of the rear window.
- After completing the installation, it is necessary to check the reliability of fixing the elements; the connecting cord must not be stretched or broken when closing and opening the boot lid.
When using the wireless model, installation is simplified; the owner needs to mount the lens and correctly position the antenna to transmit the video signal to the receiver. If a frame with an integrated video camera is used, then the mount is carried out on a regular place for a license plate. Cables are routed inside the cover and then routed to the power points and car radio.
Before connecting the electrical circuits, it is recommended to check the operation of the camcorder by directly hooking the power cables to the cigarette lighter or battery while the engine is running. To properly connect the camera to the on-board network, you must lead the wire to the fuse box located under the dashboard. For switching, an insert is selected that is responsible for the operation of the reverse indication lamps. To reduce the length of the wiring, the cables can be connected to the reversing light.
When using parking sensors or a parking aid on the front and rear of the car, power is supplied from the control controller located in the luggage compartment.
Regardless of the switching method, the grounding cord is attached to the car body in the luggage compartment (special bolts are provided in the design of cars for supplying a negative power signal). The backlight LEDs are switched in parallel with the main power circuit. Do not supply power to the camcorder all the time because the device is damaged.
Do-it-yourself installation and connection of a rear view camera on a car
When parking in tight spaces, ultrasonic sensors or a video camera are used to monitor the space behind the car, which transmits an image to a monitor in the car. Installation of a rear view camera is carried out at the factory or in dealerships, but the owner can mount the equipment by himself.
Car cable routing
In order to independently lead cables inside the car, you must:
- Dismantle the plastic linings in the doorways, opening access to the standard wiring.
- Route the cable from the boot lid to the sills inside the pillars or under the side trims in the luggage compartment.
- Route the cords to the connection points in the dashboard. The multimedia headunit slides out of the assembly shaft; the cables must not come into contact with the controls and interfere with the operation of the air conditioner.
The mounted camera is connected to a separate monitor or radio tape recorder using tulips, which are installed in the plugs provided for the design. The power supply must be provided to power a separate shield. A well-supplied liquid crystal monitor does not block the view from the driver’s seat and is triggered when the reverse gear is engaged. When the engine is turned off and driving forward, there is no power on the monitor.
The reversing camera and the monitor are equipped with plastic plugs of the same color. Identical color coding allows you to correctly identify the purpose of the cables. After installing and connecting the components, the battery is connected to the on-board network and the review system is tested.
If a wireless camera is used, a signal receiver is connected to the monitor (the device requires switching to the on-board network). When using such equipment, you should take into account the delay between the moment the reverse gear is engaged and the appearance of the picture on the screen. A time interval of 3-4 seconds is required for initialization and pairing of the transmitting unit and the receiving device.