Note that a large amount of power is always needed to start the synchronization process. Therefore, charging when in offline mode must be at least 20%. If you look at the official information, then you can proHonor recommendation of the obligatory connection to the mains of the device, in order to avoid disruption of the synchronization process.
Follow our instructions. First, we will install and test special software. Let’s start with a stationary computer or laptop, where we determine whether iTunes is connected or not. Download the application for synchronizing iPhone with PC to your computer or laptop, and tear it off in the standard way, if you have an installer.
It is important to make a reservation here. The connection, although it assumes communication without a wire, however, the first setup will still require a cable with USB.
Open the iTunes menu, find the “Overview” tab and the corresponding item “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi.” Check the box and click “Apply”.
By this action, you will find a specific Apple device in the immediate environment for synchronization on your computer monitor. Then remove the cord from the mobile device. Now you have configured a physical interface for sharing over a Wi-Fi network.
Attention! Synchronization is only possible for media, text and backup files. If you try, for example, to synchronize databases, a message will pop up with a warning that this type of data has not been authorized.
Synchronization starts directly from setting the settings in the main screen of the iPhone, by going to the “Settings” application. Moving down the menu, select and click “Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi.” After that, summary information about active computers will become available.
It remains only to confirm the intention to synchronize with the desired PC. This is done by clicking the “Synchronize now” button at the very bottom of the current window.
I draw your attention to the following: if the connection is successful, the caption on the button should change to “Cancel synchronization”.
Connect iPhone to PC in iOS 12 | Sync iTunes to Windows Computer
Using iTunes wireless sync via Wi-Fi, it is convenient to send any movies and programs, make settings from both devices without any problems. True, the quality of data transmission will be slightly worse than that of a cable connection.
However, it is possible to ensure a full exchange of data between digital devices only if three prerequisites are met:
- Connection to one Wi-Fi network;
- Updating the operating system on the iPhone to at least the fifth version;
- The presence on the PC of the proprietary application iTunes 6.
Note: Many gadget owners may have outdated iPhone models (2 or 3G). They cannot be flashed to the specified OS version for technical reasons. That is, the official WI-FI synchronization will not take place. But as an alternative, it is permissible to use a third-party Wi-Fi Sync application.
How to connect iPhone to computer and use iTunes, see the following
Difference between official and unofficial sync
It exists and affects purely technical aspects. The difference is in the number of simultaneous connections. An unofficial utility allows you to access the exchange with only one computer in the iPhone settings. Whereas the official installation will already allow full synchronization of all PCs in the range of one Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect iPhone to Computer via Wi-Fi and iTunes Sync
One of the features that enhance the capabilities of Apple mobile devices is synchronization with computers. And if earlier it was released using a cable connection via the USB interface, then the modern method involves wireless WI-FI technology. Here’s how to connect your iPhone to your computer in an official and alternative way.
The algorithm is simple, but how to sync an iPhone with a computer if an abnormal situation suddenly arises? Synchronization may not start the first time due to communication errors on the PC.
In some cases, it is useful to reboot the PC. Still, the solution to problems is usually associated with the ports of the router. We are talking about ports TCP 123 and 3689, UDP 123 and 5353.
Also check your PC firewall. Its current security policy may interfere with wireless sync.
That’s all I wanted to tell you about. I think there will be no difficulties here. But if you have any questions or comments appeared during the reading, be sure to write! Bye everyone!
How to sync iPhone to computer via iTunes
The need to use iTunes and sync often frightens inexperienced users, especially if they have used Android phones before. In this guide, we’ll explain what syncing iPhone and computer is, how it works, and why it might not work.
Sync iPhone to Computer via iTunes
If you want to sync your iPhone with your computer, then you need iTunes to do this. Therefore, if it is not installed, then you need to start by installing it. To do this, go to the official iTunes page on the Apple website, download the latest version for your operating system and install it on your computer. The installation process as a whole is not complicated and is no different from installing any other program. But, if you have any difficulties, then the site has a separate article on installing iTunes, which describes in detail each stage.
After installing iTunes, you will need to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. In the future, you will be able to connect via Wi-Fi, but for the first time you need a cable. If, after connecting, the message “Trust this computer” appears on the iPhone screen, then click on the “Trust” button. Without this, synchronization between iPhone and computer will not work.
After that, you can launch iTunes. This can be done using a shortcut on the desktop or the start menu. For example, you can open the “Start” menu, search for “iTunes” and run the found program.
After launching iTunes, you need to click on the button with the iPhone image, which should be closer to the upper left corner of the program window. If this button is not present, then you need to check the connection. Try disconnecting iPhone from your computer and reconnecting. Do not use USB extension cords, adapters, or non-original cables. Synchronization with your computer may not work if you use them.
After clicking on the iPhone button, a section with information and device settings will appear in front of you. Here you can find out the storage capacity, iOS version, serial number. Also here are the settings for synchronization, backup and restore.
At the bottom of the iTunes window there is a “Sync” (or “Apply”) button with which you can start syncing iPhone with your computer.
If necessary, you can sync not the entire iTunes library, but only individual data. In this case, before starting synchronization, you need to change the settings. For example, you can go to the “Music” section, the link to which is on the left side of the window, and enable or disable music syncing.
Optionally, you can synchronize either all the music (the “Entire Library” option) or only the selected one (the “Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres” option).
Similar settings are available for movies, TV shows, and photos. Links to relevant sections are on the left side of the iTunes window.
If you have additional questions about synchronizing your library on a computer with an iPhone, then with our articles:
The whole process is described there, from adding files to the library and ending with synchronization.
Sync iPhone with your computer over Wi-Fi
As already mentioned, the iPhone can be synchronized with a computer not only via USB, but also via a Wi-Fi network. In order for this method of synchronization to work, several conditions must be met:
- The latest version of iTunes must be installed on the computer;
- In the iTunes settings for this device, the option “Sync over Wi-Fi” must be enabled;
- iPhone must be connected to a charger;
- Both the computer and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
So, in order to sync your iPhone with your computer via Wi-Fi, you follow all the same steps that are described at the beginning of the article. You need to connect your iPhone via cable, launch iTunes and click on the device button in the upper left corner of the window.
Next, you need to enable iPhone Wi-Fi sync and save the settings by clicking on the “Finish” button.
Next, you need to connect the iPhone to the charger, open the “Settings” application on it and go to the “General. Synchronization with iTunes via Wi-Fi”.
After that, you need to click on the “Synchronize” button.
If everything was configured correctly, the iPhone will start syncing with the computer via Wi-Fi.
What is iPhone to Computer Sync
In terms of working with files, iPhones, as well as other mobile devices from Apple, are very different from Android smartphones. Here, to download music, movies, photos, and other media files, you need to sync your iPhone with your computer via iTunes.
For example, in order to upload a song to your device, you must first add it to your iTunes library and then sync it with your device. This is completely different from the Android experience, which is why many users who first purchased a gadget from Apple are very indignant.
But, in practice, not everything is so scary, synchronizing the iPhone with a computer via iTunes allows you to drop almost any files on it. The main limitation is format support. In order to drop a file, its format must be supported by the device. But, even this problem can be circumvented by installing third-party applications.
It’s important to understand that syncing iPhone is a one-way process. Data is copied only from the iTunes library to the iPhone, there is no backward transfer of files. At the same time, if you delete files in the library and synchronize, they will be deleted on the device as well.
Why iPhone won’t sync with computer via iTunes
If you are having problems syncing your iPhone with your computer via iTunes, then the first thing to check is the following options:
- iTunes requires an update. If you have installed iTunes for a long time, then it may be outdated and requires updating. Try to install the latest version of the program from the official website and try again.
- You are using a USB extension cable, adapter or non-original cable. To successfully sync iPhone with your computer, it is advisable to use only the original cable.
- Synchronization is blocked by antivirus. In some cases, the antivirus software on your computer may be blocking the synchronization process. Try disabling your antivirus and try again.
If syncing via Wi-Fi does not work for you, then the reason may be the following:
- Wi-Fi sync has not been enabled for this device;
- iPhone is not connected to a charger;
- The computer and iPhone are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network;
How to connect iPhone to computer via USB?
So, first, let’s launch iTunes, then connect the gadget to the computer via a USB cable. During the connection, the program will see your apple gadget, and if this procedure goes through iTunes for the first time, the message “Want to allow” will appear on the PC display. Click “Continue”.
Further, the software will also ask for a similar response from your gadget. Continuing, the iPhone will ask you if you can trust this PC and connect the two devices. If your phone is locked, you will need to unlock it. We answer the question “Trust”.
Then, you will need to authorize the computer in order for your gadget to establish a trusting relationship with it. To do this, select “Account” at the top left of the program window. Next, in the drop-down menu, select “Authorization”. After that, select “Authorize this”.
A new window will appear, where the user must specify a login with a password from the iPhone. Do it.
So, the gadget will show how many times you have authorized the PC with the phone.
Just below the menu, you will see an iPhone-like sign. Click on this icon.
A window will appear on the monitor, with the help of which we will control the phone. In the left column we see the control menu, on the right the program shows information from the selected menu.
For example, if we go to the Applications menu, we can customize the phone screen, add new software or delete old.
Using the “Music” menu, it is possible to toss over a decent number of music tracks that iTunes contains. Also, you can transfer the desired playlists.
In the “Browse” menu of the “Backups” block, you can put a checkbox above the “This computer” command. In this case, iTunes will start creating a system backup of your phone on the PC. This is a very handy thing, because in case of any iPhone crashes, you can simply back up your data, and there are no problems. In addition, this function is useful if you just want to transfer all your data from the old to the new phone.
How to sync iPhone to computer via iTunes?
Good afternoon friends. Many users want to control their iPhone via a PC. For this purpose, iTunes is perfect. It is through this software that we will synchronize.
How to sync iPhone to computer via iTunes without data loss? So, first, let’s download iTunes from the official site. Next, let’s start synchronizing the computer with the iPhone.
Let me remind you that synchronization is the process of connecting an iPhone with a computer, which we carry out using the iTunes program, since this software makes it possible to transfer melons both to the iPhone and from the iPhone to the computer. For example, you can create backups of your gadget’s system and transfer them to a PC. Most often, people transfer various music tracks, uninstall or transfer programs from a PC to a gadget. Transfer photos, videos, etc.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes?
So, we just have to synchronize the phone with the computer. Otherwise, everything that we have added to the program will not take effect. To synchronize at the very bottom of the program, click on the “Synchronize” button.
So, we have begun the synchronization process. Its duration depends on the amount and amount of data involved in this. When synchronization is in full swing, of course, do not try to disconnect the gadget from the PC.
We can see that the synchronization is complete from the upper part of the window, where the apple sign appeared and the blue elongating strip disappeared.
Now, you can safely disconnect the gadget from the PC. Of course, you need to disconnect your iPhone from your computer in Safe Mode. To do this, click on the upward-pointing triangle and disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
How to sync iPhone to computer via Wi-Fi?
To sync iPhone and computer, you don’t need to connect the devices to each other with a USB cable every time. Like sharing data via iCloud wirelessly, you can set up the same way to transfer files in iTunes in a few steps.
- Using the cord, connect the phone as described earlier, then go to the “Settings” of the program and in the “Options” section, check the “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi” checkbox.
- In the “Settings” of the phone, move the “Synchronization over Wi-Fi” slider to the “yes” position.
Now data can be exchanged over the entire coverage area of the home network; it should only be remembered that such synchronization leads to a much faster discharge of the iPhone or iPad.
iCloud, unlike iTunes, is a completely cloud storage that allows the iPhone owner to synchronize as many devices as he wants without worrying about the safety of files: all data is downloaded to a virtual disk, encrypted and, if necessary, can be restored on the end device.
The most significant drawback of iCloud is the limitation of the amount of memory available to the user. So, by default (free), it can only have five gigabytes; to “improve” the figure to 50 gigabytes, you will have to pay 0.99 per month; up to 200 gigabytes. 2.99 per month and up to 1 terabyte. 9.99 per month.
Before synchronizing the phone with a PC, you should make sure that the device is working properly and is ready for use: for example, if the computer does not see the iPhone, you must immediately find out the reason and eliminate it.
To sync data, the owner of the device must:
- Log in to the system by entering your Apple ID details in the appropriate fields: email address and previously invented password.
- If an account has not been created yet, you should use the corresponding link at the bottom of the page. Having come up with a password and providing personal data, the user will have access to synchronization.
- Now all that remains is to choose, by moving the sliders, which data (contacts, mail, photos, and so on) will be transferred to the “cloud”. If the need for synchronization disappears or the data exchange needs to be temporarily suspended, it will be enough to return the sliders to their original positions.
- Now you need to set up iCloud on your personal computer. The easiest way is to go to icloud.com, log in by entering your Apple ID account information, and go to file management.
- If you plan to synchronize data between your iPhone or iPad and your computer on a regular basis, the user will not hurt to download the iCloud app. To do this, you need to use the link given at the top of the same page, then in a new window click on the link “Download iCloud for Windows”.
- Now you need to click on the “Download” button and wait until the file is downloaded to your hard drive.
- The installation process, depending on the parameters of a PC or laptop, takes from two to three to twenty minutes. If desired, the owner of the phone can cancel the installation using the button of the same name.
- When the installation is completed, you should click on the “Finish” button.
- Restart the computer. some options will be unavailable until a new restart.
- You can synchronize data between iPhone and computer directly in File Explorer by entering the iCloud folder.
- Inside the user will find several folders; data in them is easy to delete, move, update and rename.
- To start synchronization, it is enough to select the data by ticking the corresponding checkboxes, and click on the “Apply” button. the process starts automatically.
Tip: at the end of the synchronization, if you no longer plan to work at the computer, it makes sense to log out of your Apple account by clicking on the corresponding button at the bottom of the window.
The main advantage of iTunes over iCloud is the absence of difficulties with free space: if the “cloud” service does not allow the user to take more than the limit set by the manufacturer, then the program allows you to store on your computer (and synchronize with iPhone) any amount of information. from a couple or two megabytes to hundreds of gigabytes.
The official program from Apple also has a major drawback: synchronization in it is carried out only unilaterally. data is transferred from a PC or laptop to an iPhone or iPad. To copy files to your hard drive, you have to resort to various tricks. or use a third-party application.
Important: You can sync iPhone via iTunes with only one personal computer. If you change the “source”, data on the phone that is not in the new PC will be erased.
Also, the user should keep in mind that the iPhone will sync with the device every time they connect to iTunes. In fact, this means that the data deleted on the computer after the last copying will be automatically destroyed on the phone. in order to keep the “personal library” in order, the owner of the iPhone or iPad will have to constantly store the necessary data on the PC or refuse to sync altogether.
How to sync iPhone with PC via iTunes:
- Connect your phone or tablet with a USB cable to your computer. Until the end of the work, it is not recommended to pull out the cable or otherwise interfere with the functioning of the application. Launch iTunes. The PC application can be downloaded from any trusted source; installation, depending on the parameters of a computer or laptop, takes from several minutes to half an hour.
- In order not to interrupt the synchronization in the middle of the process, it is strongly recommended to check the relevance of the program. otherwise, the warning about the need for an update may “come out” at the most inopportune moment. This can be done by clicking the drop-down menu “Help” and then selecting the item “Updates”.
- It usually takes a few seconds to find updates; if you have difficulty, you should check your internet connection.
- If the latest version of iTunes is installed, the user will see a corresponding notification. Now you can close the verification window and go to sync iPhone and computer.
- In a new window, the system will offer the owner of the device to log in by entering his account data, or create a new account.
- If the registration with Apple has already been made, the user just needs to enter his email address and password in the appropriate fields, and then click on the “Login” button. If the password is forgotten or lost, you should use the recovery form by clicking on the corresponding link under the main fields.
- If an account does not exist yet, you can create one without leaving the application. To do this, click on the “Create a new Apple ID” button, and then fill out an electronic registration form consisting of several pages, indicating, in particular, your payment details.
- When you are finally logged into iTunes, the name of the iPhone or iPad will appear in the side menu of the program, and the phone icon will appear at the top, right below the main menu.
- To sync iPhone with your computer, you should click on this particular schematic image. it’s easier than using the standard “Settings”.
- On the main page of synchronization, the user will see detailed information about his device. Here, in particular, you can check which cell phone is attached to the iPhone, find out the serial number of the device or, using the button of the same name, restore the iPhone or iPad to factory settings.
- Scrolling down the page below, the owner of the phone will see in the “Parameters” section the checkboxes needed for synchronization. Synchronization on every connection (first checkbox) is not recommended for the above reason; but limiting the list of data transferred from PC to iPhone or iPad (third) does not hurt. After checking the boxes, you can safely click on the “Apply” button at the bottom of the page.
- Now all that remains is to select the files for transfer, click on the “Synchronize” button and wait for the process to complete. its duration depends primarily on the amount of information. As already mentioned, you should not disconnect your phone from your computer or laptop before copying is complete.
- If you do not intend to use the computer connected to the iPhone or iPad in the future, you should log out of your account by calling the drop-down menu “Account”, hovering over the item “Authorization” and selecting the sub-item “Deauthorize this computer”.
- By clicking on the “Deauthorize” button in the new menu, the user will secure personal data. but in order to sync the iPhone and PC again, he will have to repeat the login procedure in the future.
Tip: if iTunes does not see the iPhone, it makes sense to first check if the phone is neatly connected to the cable, and the latter to the computer, and only then move on to other ways to solve the problem.
How to sync iPhone to computer?
You can synchronize your iPhone with your computer using two software packages recommended by the developer. “stationary” iTunes and “cloud” iCloud, as well as many third-party applications. The order of the operations described below for the iPhone and iPad is fundamentally the same: both types of devices work under the iOS operating system and are equally controlled by Apple.
An iPhone or iPad owner will need:
- the device is switched on, working properly and with sufficient charge;
- a computer or laptop connected to the Internet;
- USB cable for connecting the device to a PC.
Important: you will not be able to immediately set up communication with the program via Wi-Fi. even if you plan to use an exclusively wireless connection in the future, to install it, you must first connect the equipment according to the “standard” scheme.
If the phone or tablet is not ready for work, before connecting, you should find out what the reason is: you may need to clear the memory on the iPhone, remove unnecessary applications or take the device to a service center. synchronization of faulty equipment is impossible.
How to sync iPhone to computer?
The iPhone user has access to music, games, all kinds of applications and even fine-tuning the device. of course, under the vigilant supervision of the manufacturer and within the framework of the latter. Even to create or recover an Apple ID password, you have to share personal data with the system. Syncing your iPhone to your computer isn’t easier; how to do it with minimal loss of time and effort. let’s try to figure it out.
You can synchronize your iPhone with your computer using the official software from Apple: iTunes or iCloud. In the first case, the data is stored on a PC; in the second. in the cloud. The exchange of information is possible only for users who have received and confirmed an Apple ID; USB cable or Wi-Fi network is used to copy files.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes via USB?
If you want to download music or video to iPhone via iTunes, proceed as follows:
Connect the gadget with a PC USB cable and launch iTunes. A window like this will appear:
In the left column in the “Devices” section you will find your gadget (in our case. iPhone SONY, highlighted in red).
Click on the device icon located in the top bar:
You will find yourself in the section dedicated to the connected device.
In the “Overview” tab, scroll down and check the box next to “Sync only checked songs and videos.” Such a “tick” will allow you not to lose the data that was just downloaded to the iPhone during the general synchronization.
It is also recommended to uncheck the box next to “Synchronize automatically if iPhone is connected”, because there is a high risk of losing data written to the device from another PC.
Click “Apply”, then “Synchronize”:
In the upper field (highlighted), you can watch the progress of synchronization. You can also use the gadget during synchronization if the version of the smartphone operating system exceeds 5.0. Upon completion of the procedure, you will see that new songs are already available in the built-in Music application.
Important: Do not unplug the USB cable from the computer or device until the data transfer is complete. The fact that synchronization stops is the lesser of evils: you can also provoke a malfunction of the gadget.
How to sync iPhone to computer?
The iOS platform on which the iPhone runs is closed, which means that every new Apple smartphone owner will have to forget about how he used to copy music to his Android and start mastering iTunes. Without syncing with iTunes, nowhere: of course, there are other programs that can help fill the iPhone with media content, however, all of them are either paid or cannot boast of correct operation.
What is synchronization?
IPhone sync is the process by which iTunes content is transferred to your gadget. Please note: it is the iPhone that is the recipient of the information, which means that:
- Transferring any data from a smartphone to a PC (for example, photos taken with the device’s camera) via iTunes will not work. Other programs are suitable for this, for example, iTools.
- Deleting a file in the library leads to the fact that it will also be deleted from the gadget at the next synchronization.
Many users, alas, do not understand the essence of synchronization.
Common mistake: after downloading music to iPhone, the user clears the library so as not to get confused when adding new songs. Naturally, the next sync will erase all tracks from the device.
Synchronization is not working: possible reasons and how to fix it
Most often, the problem of missing sync is solved by simply restarting the iPhone. If that doesn’t work, the cause is most likely one of the following:
- iTunes isn’t fresh enough. Try to update the program to the latest version. in the iTunes menu, select “Help”. “Updates” and in the window that appears, click “Download iTunes”.
- The synchronization process is blocked by the antivirus. Turn off the protection and dare again. If it’s really about antivirus, think about installing another program, because the iPhone owner has to deal with synchronization all the time.
- The router settings are set incorrectly (when synchronizing via Wi-Fi). Set the security type to WPA-Personal and the encryption type to TKIP (not AES). In the settings of the router, it is worth changing the operating mode of the wireless network (item Wireless Mode) from Auto to B / G.
What to do if iPhone won’t sync music?
If you have exactly repeated all the steps described, but there are still no new tracks on the iPhone, then the problem is 90% as follows: synchronization is not activated in the “Music” tab. Go to this tab and check the box next to “Sync Music”:
You can choose the most convenient synchronization option of two: when transferring data to the iPhone, either all tracks will be copied indiscriminately (“Entire Library”), or individual albums, playlists, compositions of specific artists (“Favorite playlists”).
Here you can also set up synchronization so that clips and voice recordings are copied to the iPhone along with the songs.
How to sync iPhone to computer over Wi-Fi?
In 2011, after the release of iOS 5.0, it became possible to synchronize without connecting the gadget to a PC with a USB cable. But those users who are already looking forward to saving on accessories should be aware that a cable is still needed for the initial setup. Set up sync like this:
Connect the gadget with a cable to your computer and launch iTunes.
Click on the “Device” button.
In the “Overview” tab, find the “Settings” block, and in the block itself. the “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi” item. Check the box next to this item.
Do not forget to enable synchronization of music (video, sounds) in the corresponding tab.
Click “Sync” and “Done”. Now you can transfer data to your gadget without using a cable.
Now let’s take a look at how to sync over Wi-Fi. Before transferring data in this way, the user must perform a number of preliminary steps:
- Put your smartphone on charge.
- Connect iPhone and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch iTunes on PC.
On the device, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Sync with iTunes over Wi-Fi”.
Click “Sync” and you will see that the usual countdown of steps has begun in the status bar in iTunes.
During Wi-Fi synchronization, the iPhone can also be fully used.
Synchronizing a gadget via Wi-Fi has several disadvantages compared to transferring data over a cable: firstly, the battery of the device is discharged much faster, and secondly, the synchronization itself is longer.
The fact that to download music will have to use additional software iTunes, introduces many new Apple users into a stupor. However, the use of iTunes as an intermediary between a PC and a gadget is extremely important from a security point of view: downloading a malicious file to a smartphone through this program is minimal. In addition, iTunes is one of Apple’s effective tools in the fight against music piracy, since it distributes music completely legally and at a low cost.
There are no prerequisites for the fact that in the near future Apple will provide other free options for downloading music to the iPhone, so every Apple owner should know about ways to sync and fix possible problems with iTunes.
How to sync phone and laptop via iTunes
Data exchange can be done in two ways. For the first option, the use of the original cable is provided. The operation is performed according to the following scheme:
- the stationary PC runs iTunes;
- then you need to connect the phone to the laptop using a cord;
- when connecting for the first time, you need to allow the program to access information;
- the user clicks the “Continue” button;
- now you should unlock the gadget;
- the message “Trust this computer?” will be displayed on its screen;
- the user selects the “Trust” item;
- at the top of the window, select the “Account” item;
- then the client needs to go to the “Authorization” section;
- now the button “Authorize this computer” is pressed;
- the identifier and access code to the account are entered in the specified fields;
- the system will indicate how many devices are connected to the PC;
- in the program, the owner will see the smartphone icon, he needs to click on it;
- the PC will display a menu to control the cellular;
- if you go to the “Programs” section, you can manage all the applications of the gadget;
- choosing the subsection “Music”, the owner can transfer the collection of tracks to the iPhone;
- to make a backup, select the “Browse” item;
- then the owner chooses “This computer”;
- the process of creating a copy of data from a smartphone will automatically start;
- for the established connections to become active, it is necessary to perform synchronization;
- at the bottom of the window there is a button “Synchronize”;
- when the client clicks on it, the connection procedure will begin;
- in a few minutes the operation will be completed, the laptop will notify the user about it;
- then you can disconnect the gadget from the stationary PC.
- It is necessary to do the connection setup correctly. In the process of copying information, the gadget cannot be disconnected from the laptop.
In addition to the fact that the client can use sync via cable, you can use an additional method of connection via Wi-Fi. This method also requires iTunes. The method differs in that the transfer of files is carried out not through a cord, but over a network. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- first you need to combine two devices via a cable;
- the cell is connected to the computer with a cord;
- then the iTunes program is launched on the PC;
- at the top is the smartphone icon, click on it;
- select the item “Overview” from the list;
- now the client selects the subsection “Synchronize devices via Wi-Fi” from the list
- the “Apply” key is pressed.
This will set up a sync between your iPhone and your computer. All data can be transferred over the network.
Sync iPhone to Computer Using iTunes
Users have to use iTunes to download new files to an Apple smartphone. It is also necessary to combine the gadget with a computer if the client wants to update the software. Making a backup is possible through this app. The user should learn how to sync iPhone with computer and why it is needed.
Establishing a connection to a Windows PC
First, a program is installed to synchronize iPhone with a desktop computer. After that, you need to follow the instructions:
- first, the phone is connected to the equipment with a cord;
- iTunes runs on a Windows laptop;
- as soon as the smartphone icon is displayed on the screen, you can use the application;
- the client clicks on the “Synchronization” item located at the bottom.
After that, all files will be copied, and the connection with the PC will be established.
Why do you need to create a connection between devices?
Synchronization of the client’s iPhone with the computer via iTunes is performed in order to transfer all the data contained on the smartphone. This is usually necessary when performing a factory reset. Also a connection is required to download new information. What happens when a cell phone connects to a PC:
- As soon as the client can link the laptop and the gadget, he can delete the necessary files from the iTunes library. Once the video or music is deleted, it will also be erased on iPhone.
- User cannot transfer smartphone files to laptop via this application. If you need to copy photos or music, you will have to use additional services, for example, iTools.
Now it’s worth talking about what exactly can be synchronized through the application. The client can copy the following files to iTunes:
- albums created;
- downloaded videos and films;
- contact information from the phone book;
As soon as the owner can make a connection between PC and smartphone, all data will be saved in iTunes.
What is Cell Phone and PC Synchronization
When the iPhone is connected to a stationary computer through a special service, the devices are synchronized. During the operation, all data from the smartphone is copied to the application. Photos, videos, contact information, notes, programs and calendars are moved to the laptop’s memory. It is worth telling in more detail about why you need to create such a connection.
How to connect to an Apple computer
There are several options that the owner can use to establish a connection between smartphones and a Mac computer. For phones that run on iOS 5 and above, a Wi-Fi connection is offered. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- on a stationary PC, the iTunes application is launched;
- the client should check if there are updates for the program;
- then you need to connect the gadget to the computer;
- as soon as the connection is established, the smartphone icon is pressed;
- the user selects the “Summary” item, and then goes to the “Options”;
- next to the “Synchronize via Wi-Fi” section is checked;
- the “Apply” button is pressed.
Now you can disconnect the device from the stationary PC. As soon as the gadget and computer connect to the same Internet network, you can transfer files without restrictions.
- It is recommended to put the gadget on charge before the synchronization procedure.
Problems when connecting a gadget
If the user is faced with the problem of syncing data through iTunes, he should consider the following options:
- The program is out of date. If the user has not updated the application for a long time, he should do so. You can also uninstall iTunes from your laptop and then install it from the official site again. Then you should try to re-establish the connection.
- Antivirus is blocking a cell phone. When a user connects a gadget to a PC, the antivirus can block the synchronization procedure. To get rid of the problem, it is recommended to temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
- The cable is not original. The client uses a cheap cord that is used to charge the gadget. A special original cable is required to establish a reliable connection.
When the owner is faced with the problem of establishing a connection via Wi-Fi, the reason is most often the unstable operation of the Internet. You should also check if the program has the ability to synchronize data via Wi-Fi. The gadget must be connected to the charger.
There are two ways to sync iPhone with iTunes. The client can use the original cord or connect via Wi-Fi.
Synchronization of iPhone with a computer via iTunes: USB cable and Wi-Fi
Hello everyone! ITunes helps you transfer music, movies or books from your computer to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Apple’s media combine that can organize your media library in a high-quality manner and save the gallery from duplicates and unnecessary information.
And, although many are distrustful of iTunes due to its confusing interface, in fact, even beginners will not have problems. After all, how to sync the iPhone with a computer can be told in almost two words. The main thing is to prepare in advance and keep up with visual instructions.
How to set up local sync from within the app
Before organizing the backups, the developers from Apple suggest downloading the iTunes distribution from the official Apple website and installing, acting in accordance with the installer’s pop-up tips.
It is advisable not to experiment once again with the unpacking directory (that is, to leave the priority for the “C” drive) and immediately agree to update the software to the latest version.
After installing iTunes, all that remains is to launch the application, and connect the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to the computer using the Lightning cable. If the actions are done correctly, at the top of the interface. under the quick access panel. a button will appear to go to setting up mobile equipment.
In the menu that appears, a list with options for specific content will be displayed on the left. For example, on the “TV Shows”, “Music” or “Movies” tab, you will have to check the corresponding checkbox at the top before synchronizing. over, iTunes allows you to select either the entire library of tracks or programs at once, or. to mark specific issues, genres or thematic albums.
If the necessary checkboxes are already marked for each of the sections, then the last step is to click on the “Synchronize” button at the bottom of the interface. The transaction status will appear at the top, instead of the Apple logo.
How to sync iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch content over Wi-Fi
It is long and inconvenient to connect mobile equipment to a computer and exchange information through a Lightning cable every time. The best alternative to the algorithm described above is to configure wireless data transmission. In the beginning, you will need iTunes and PC again, and also checkboxes for each of the sections, but in the future there will be a chance to get rid of wires and routine actions.
After the usual start-up preparation, it is important to open the “Overview” tab in the list on the left, and then scroll to “Settings” and activate “Synchronize with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch via Wi-Fi.” The selected settings are saved by clicking the “Finish” button. As a result, if mobile equipment and a computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the information is automatically synchronized and updated.
How to sync iPhone with iTunes
Sync iPhone to Computer
To sync iPhone with your computer, you need to download and install iTunes. After that, you can make backups, transfer user data to other Apple devices. Next, we’ll show you how to sync iPhone with your computer and what you need to do.
Can’t sync iPhone “error 54
For normal data synchronization between your mobile device and computer, you must use the latest version of iTunes and an original cable. If errors appear in the process, then follow the recommendations described below:
- If iTunes does not see the iPhone, then try using a different USB connector or cable.
- When an error code 54 appears, just close the system notification and unlock the smartphone screen.
- Synchronize information not immediately, but in small volumes.
- Download iTunes updates through the setup menu. If necessary, completely remove the program and download the latest version of the distribution from the official website.
As a rule, the recommendations described above help to solve most of the problems associated with data synchronization. Therefore, use them even if you encounter errors with other code.
How to Sync Music to iPhone via iTunes
By default, iTunes syncs all user information. If you do not want to back up your calendar, notes and other data, you can simply cancel the unwanted settings. To sync only music, follow these steps:
- Run the program and connect iPhone to PC Windows or macOS.
- Wait for the iPhone thumbnail to appear on the main page and click on it.
- Next to the “Browse” tab, find and select the “Media Library” section.
- The available options are displayed on the right. Check the box “Synchronize entire library”.
- If you want to copy only certain tracks, then check the “Select playlists, artists and albums” item. After that mark the songs you want.
Once you select tracks from your library, click on the “Sync” button at the bottom of the program. Wait until the end of the operation and disconnect the device from the computer. You can sync other files with similar actions.
Synchronizing iPhone with a computer via WI-FI
If you are using iTunes version 10.5 and iOS 5 or higher, you can sync user data without a cable (but only after the connection is established). Additionally, it is necessary that the computer has a Wi-Fi adapter. Procedure:
- Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to PC or Mac with original cord.
- Make sure your computer and phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Wait until the iPhone appears in the application and in the upper left corner, find the icon in the form of a mobile phone. Go to the “Overview” tab (on the left).
- On the right side, find the list of available settings and check the box next to “Sync with this iPhone via Wi-Fi”.
- Click on the “Finish” button and then “Apply”. After that, select the items in iTunes that you want to sync.
After that, you can automatically sync data between iPhone and iTunes. To do this, it is necessary that the mobile device is connected to the power supply (being charged), and iTunes is running on the computer.
How to sync iPhone to computer via iTunes
ITunes is available as a free download from Apple’s official website and can be installed on both Mac and Windows PCs. To sync iPhone data, follow the steps below:
- Launch iTunes. Make sure you are using the latest version of the program. Download updates if needed.
- Connect iPhone to Windows PC or MacBook using the original USB cable. In a few seconds, a thumbnail of the phone will appear on the main page. Click on it.
- On the left side, click on the “Browse” button and wait until the information is updated.
- Click on “Synchronize” to create a backup copy of the device and save all user data to your computer.
- If you want to move only certain files (for example, a library), then in the menu on the left, select the appropriate item and mark the desired options.
Wait for the operation to complete. As soon as the synchronization is complete, a system notification will appear on the screen. After that, the iPhone can be disconnected from the PC or MacBook.
How to turn off syncing between iPhones
If calls and other data are automatically synced between two iPhones, then you can turn off the option through iCloud settings. Procedure:
- Using a computer browser or other mobile device, log in to the official iCloud website. To do this, enter your Apple ID account information, password.
- Go to the “Contacts” tab and delete duplicate data. After that, calls will not sync.
- To cancel backups and other data transfers, turn off automatic syncing in the device settings.
If necessary, use different Apple ID accounts on the two iPhones. After the actions taken, user data will not be synchronized.
Programs for synchronizing iPhone with computer
If the iPhone failed to sync using iTunes, then try using another software with similar functionality.
- One of the best iTunes analogues. Suitable for backing up and moving information from computer to smartphone.
- Supports syncing with the App Store. Has an interface similar to iTunes and partial russification.
- Unlike previous programs, it is distributed for a fee. Suitable for complex work with a media library, creating backups.
- It features a convenient, intuitive interface. Fully supports Russian and allows you to synchronize data between devices.
The principle of working with the programs described above is generally not very different from iTunes. To copy all files or only certain elements (for example, music or contacts), we simply select them and synchronize them with the computer. After that, they will be available for further work.