If the connection to the router is hidden
How to set up Wi-Fi if the phone cannot see the network, or it is hidden? It will be logical that first we need to turn on the Wi-Fi module itself.
- We burst with our feet into the “Settings” menu.
- Our further actions depend on your smartphone. If you have an old Android, then go to “Wireless networks” and select “Wi-Fi”.
- If the smartphone model is newer, then the Wi-Fi setting will be in the first lines of the settings.
Now we need to find the Wi-Fi network on our own, since the smartphone does not want to detect it automatically. To do this, click the “Add network” button. In the line that appears, enter the exact name of the network. EXACT! Enter your password and you’re done.
Your smartphone should connect to the network. Congratulations, now you know how to set up a connection to a hidden network!
Connect without passwords
Many of the latest smartphones are equipped with a WPS button connection function. This is the same useless button on the router. To do this, open the Wi-Fi module in your smartphone, click the “Advanced” button and select “WPS connection”. You need to press the WPS button on the router itself. The smartphone will connect to the router without any passwords or data entry. Now you know the easiest way to connect your phone to a router.
Windows Phone OS
If your smartphone runs on this OS, connecting to Wi-Fi is easy too:
- Move your finger to the right to enable the module.
What to do if DHCP is disabled?
First you need to understand what DHCP is. It is a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol, a network protocol that allows computers to automatically obtain an IP address and other parameters necessary for networking.
In order to connect to a router with the DHCP function disabled, you need to check the “Additional parameters” line. A window will open in front of you where you can manually enter the IP address, proxy server and other data to clarify the network.
The second option is to enable DHCP on the router. To do this, you need to go to the router settings, which we will write about below in the same article.
If the problem is in the router
If all else fails, and you know for sure that everything is ok with your phone, it may be a matter of the router. What are we doing:
- We connect the router to the network, check if everything is connected.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on our phone and look for the name of our router in the list and connect to it.
- The router does not work for us, so using the mobile Internet we open our favorite Google or Yandex and in the search we write 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Now we need a password. If the device has not been configured before, then most likely the login / password is admin / admin. Sometimes the data for entering the settings is written on the back of the router. If the data has been changed, reset the router settings with the Reset button.
- Now you need to configure the connection and give your network a new name and come up with a password.
If we are not completely clear about the story, watch the following video, where you can clearly see how to configure the router from the phone:
How to connect Wi-Fi to your phone: connect to a router, configure
Since the topic is rather short, we will not once again rant and tell what Wi-Fi is on the phone, what it is eaten with, and how to connect Wi-Fi to the phone (or the phone to Wi-Fi). Let’s get down to business right away.
The only thing you need to know about Wi-Fi is the wireless internet network, the speed of which depends on your internet service provider and signal quality. The range of the Wi-Fi network varies from 2 to several hundred meters, depending on the signal strength.
Both in iOS and in Android, the connection to the network occurs in the same way. Let’s get started:
- Open the menu, look for the “Settings” button.
- We find the line “Wireless networks” or “Wi-Fi”. We poke at her. Wi-Fi enabled.
- A list of available networks will appear on the screen.
- Choose a name and enter a password.
- Click “Connect”.
In Android smartphones, the first two items can be excluded. You just need to unlock your smartphone, open the quick menu and hold down the “Settings” button. Well this is for the very lazy.
And further. When the Wi-Fi network is not available in Android smartphones, the mobile Internet is always automatically turned on on them.
How to connect your smartphone to Wi-Fi, see the following video instruction:
Connecting an Android smartphone to the network
If we say that all iOS are the same, we will not be mistaken. If we say that all Androids are the same, we can’t be wrong either. In almost all Android smartphones, the connection to Wi-Fi is done using the same manipulations: Menu-Settings-Wi-Fi. That’s all.
If the smartphone is new, then just click on the Wi-Fi icon in the additional menu, all available networks will appear on the screen. Choose the one you need, enter the password and enjoy.
Let’s describe the connection to a Wi-Fi network using the example of a Samsung phone:
- Go to settings and click the Wi-Fi icon.
- We activate the module and click on the icon to open the list of available networks.
- Choose the connection you want, write the password and voila. Wi-Fi is turned on!
Free WI-FI connection outside the home
So how do you use a free hotspot? This is very easy to do. This requires a cell phone that supports a WI-FI connection. The “Free WI-FI” service is absolutely free, and it can be available not only in Internet cafes, but also in ordinary cafes, restaurants and other public areas, such as minibuses, buses and even some trams. including St. Petersburg has several trams equipped with a free Internet access point. The presence of such an access point is indicated by a special sign, and below is most often the password for access to the network.
The step-by-step steps for connecting are quite simple: launch a browser on the phone, then activate the search for available wireless WI-FI networks. From the listed list, you must select the desired WI-FI access point. To connect to this network, you may not need a password at all, you will automatically be taken to the page to gain access. At the bottom of this page there is a “Connect” button, by clicking which, you can instantly use the Internet services.
From our article, you will learn how to connect WI-FI on your phone using the example of the widespread OS Android platform. However, it doesn’t matter which version of Android or even which operating system is installed on your phone. in any case, the step-by-step instructions for connecting WI-FI will not be very different.
Mobile Internet using a home router
If you decide to access the Internet from a computer, you can use the mobile Internet, which is connected using a home router. First, you need to enter the required URL link in the address bar of the browser on your computer, and the automatic search for the wireless network will start. After choosing the network you need, enter the password, and after that the Internet page will start loading.
Remember that you will not be able to connect to someone else’s WI-FI access points, since for this you need to know the password or agree with a person in advance about access to this network. Nowadays there are a lot of organizations that “distribute” the Internet for free. The so-called free (free) WI-FI access points are located directly in the premises where this service is provided.
We figured out how to connect to the Internet using a computer, and now we will tell you about how to connect free Internet in various places outside your home or office.
How to connect WI-FI on the phone?
Instructions: how to connect WI-FI on your phone
To connect “Wi-Fi” on the phone, you must activate a special wireless network module. This is done like this. go to the “Menu” of the phone, then “Settings”, look for WI-FI and drag the slider to the “On” position. We click on WI-FI and select an available network. The mobile phone automatically searches for available networks in your area. After the search, you just need to select the desired network and connect to it.
Access to the network can be blocked; in this case, you need to click on the “lock” icon and enter the password, and then “Connect”. Save the result in the phone settings. The user comes up with the password himself, and if you are afraid to forget it, it is best to write it down in a notebook. After a successful connection, an icon will appear on the control panel. After you use the Internet services on your phone, you can turn off the WI-FI network, or it will be activated automatically when you use your phone.
If you are interested in setting up WI-FI on devices with different operating systems, we advise you to read our article How to set up WI-FI on your phone.
Also, you may be interested in another article on a similar topic. It is called How to connect a phone to WI-FI.
If you want to figure out how to connect NoKia phones, we recommend reading our article How to connect WI-FI to NoKia.
We wish you a pleasant stay and hope that our instructions will help you establish stable Internet access.!
Connecting your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi to transfer files
If you need to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi and transfer some files without using wires, then the FTP protocol is the easiest and most reliable way to connect.
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is a specialized protocol for transferring files between computers. It is widely used for file sharing on local networks and the Internet. But, due to its versatility, FTP can be used for a wide variety of tasks. In particular, it can be used to connect a phone to a computer via Wi-Fi and exchange files between them.
Also, you need to make sure that the phone and the computer are connected to the same local network. The phone must be connected to the network via Wi-Fi, and the computer can connect via both Wi-Fi and cable.
If everything is fine with the connection to the network, then start the FTP server application and click on the power button in order for the server to start working.
As a result, you will see a message stating that the FTP server is running and available at a specific address. In the screenshot below, the address looks like ftp://192.168.1.10:2221, but in your case the address may be different.
SJ4000 WiFi | How to connect to your phone?
The address given by the FTP server application can be used to connect to the phone from a computer. To do this, open Windows Explorer and enter the FTP server address from the application into the address bar. If you are prompted to enter your username and password, you can also view these data in the FTP server application on your phone.
If everything was done correctly, the computer will connect to the FTP server on the phone, and you will have access to all the folders that are on the phone. Now you can work with these folders in the same way as if the phone was connected via a cable. For example, you can delete and move files, you can copy files from your computer to your phone or vice versa.
If desired, the FTP server can be connected to a Windows computer as a network drive. To do this, open the “My Computer” window, right-click on the free space and select “Add a new item to Network Neighborhood”.
Then click on the “Next” button until the field for entering the address appears. In this field you need to enter the address of the FTP server from the application and save the settings by clicking on the “Next” button.
After that, a network folder will appear in the “My Computer” window, which will point to the FTP server on your mobile phone. With this network folder, you can quickly connect to your phone and exchange files with it at any time.
To connect your phone to a computer for the purpose of transferring files, you can use not only FTP, but also other similar protocols. For example, you can use the http protocol and an application that will launch a web server on the phone. But, this method will not be so simple and convenient, since you will have to use a web browser to connect and work with files.
How to connect your phone to a computer via Wi-Fi
When using a mobile phone, sometimes it becomes necessary to connect it to a computer. The standard way to connect your phone to a computer is with a USB cable. This method is as simple as possible and works in any situation. But, it is not very convenient. Such a connection requires a free cable and ties the phone to the computer.
An alternative is to connect your phone to your computer via a Wi-Fi network. This method does not require cables and does not limit the mobility of the device. Wi-Fi connectivity can be used for a wide variety of tasks. In this article, we will look at two of the most common scenarios, file transfer and remote computer control.
Connecting phone to computer via Wi-Fi for remote control
If you need to connect your phone to your computer via Wi-Fi to control your computer, then there are other solutions. Some of these solutions give you complete control over your computer, while others only allow you to perform certain operations. For example, Unified Remote is well suited for basic computer management. This application is available on Android phones and iPhones, and the server side of the application is available for all popular operating systems, including Windows, Mac and Linux.
In the free version, the Unified Remote app lets you control your computer’s mouse and keyboard, control your media player, and work with files. In the paid version, the application’s capabilities are much wider. In particular, it becomes possible to see the desktop and manage third-party programs on the computer.
The way Unified Remote works is pretty simple. A special program must be installed on the computer you want to access. It is the back end of the application that provides connectivity and control of the computer. The server part of the program is free and available on the official website of the application.
And on the phone from which the computer is supposed to be controlled, it is necessary to install the client application. This application connects and controls your computer.
After installing the server and client parts of the application, you can start working. To do this, launch the application on your phone, open the left side menu and go to the “Servers” section.
In the “Server” section, you will see the computer on which you installed the server part of the application. Click on this computer to make connections.
Once connected, you will be able to control your computer. Return to the main screen of the Unified Remote app and select one of the options. For example, in order to control the cursor, select the “Basic Input” option and slide your finger across the phone screen. The cursor on the computer will follow your movements.
As an alternative to the Unified Remote app, we recommend TeamViewer. This program is a professional tool for remote control of computers and provides full control with desktop display. An important difference between TeamViewer is that this program allows you to connect to a remote computer not only via Wi-Fi, but also via the Internet. In other words, you can connect to your computer regardless of where you are and what local network you are connected to.
How to connect your phone to your phone via Wi-Fi
A wireless connection is an extremely convenient way to exchange data between multiple devices. Through a shared Wi-Fi network, you can transfer files from one phone to another, to a PC, tablet, and so on. At any time, you can connect to another device and copy the documents you need. Today we will talk about how you can connect your phone to your phone via Wi-Fi.
This program can be used not only on Android devices, but also on iOS, Mac OS and Windows devices. Data can be transferred both between equipment of the same type, and between completely different devices connected to the same network. To use it, you need to install Insta both phones and follow these steps:
- Run the app on both phones.
- From the first device, you need to select files to transfer through the file manager to Instashare.
- Now select the desired phone in the list of those found over the Wi-Fi network.
- Wait for the end of the file transfer.
As you can see, using Instashare doesn’t even require registration. The utility works like AirDrop on the iPhone. If you want to transfer files from your computer, you just need to drag the folder to the connected device in the application window.
One of the universal solutions is the free FastFileTransfer utility. The main task of the application is to quickly exchange files between any devices and platforms using a Wi-Fi connection. If you connect two smartphones to each other directly, then you get the highest possible data transfer rate. Consider the setup instructions:
- When you turn it on for the first time, you must enter a password and login. Remember them, as this data will be required in the future.
- Now choose one of two actions. send or receive files. In both cases, it is necessary to allow the application to access the file system of the smartphone.
- Select items to send using the built-in file manager.
- Now on the second device, turn on Wi-Fi and to connect, enter the access point name and password that were specified in the FastFileTransfer application on the first smartphone.
- The transfer of the selected files will then begin. This is evidenced by the progress bar in the application. Alternatively, you can enter the IP address in a mobile browser and access the file system. To do this, you need to connect to one Wi-Fi router.
After the data is transferred, it will fit into the “Files” section. To use all the functionality, you must purchase the Pro version. One of the useful features, for example, is a Wi-Fi connection by scanning a QR code. It is much more convenient than manually entering a password and access point name.
Using your phone as a hotspot
Another option for connecting two smartphones to each other is without using a Wi-Fi hotspot. In this situation, one phone acts as a router, and the second device connects normally. Let’s consider this option in more detail:
- First, you need to enable modem mode on the device that will act as a router. To do this, open the system settings of the phone and go to the “Network and Internet”.
- Here go to configure the access point. Enter the required name and password, then turn on the distribution of the Internet.
- Now take a second smartphone and turn on the Wi-Fi module. Find the hotspot with the name shown on the first device. Enter your password and connect to the network.
In this way, you can connect two phones via Wi-Fi to distribute the Internet. This option will be useful in situations when one of the phones runs out of traffic. It should be noted that the names of the menus and sections may slightly change depending on the OS version and the proprietary shell of the device manufacturer.
So, we have considered all the options for connecting two mobile devices via the Wi-Fi module. Now you can connect phones to each other to distribute the Internet or high-speed data transfer.
Share internet from phone to laptop
Now let’s look at another question. how to connect Wi-Fi from phone to laptop. There is nothing complicated here, so let’s go.
NOTE! If your provider asks for an additional fee when distributing the Internet, then you need to perform several actions on the PC. You can talk about this about Honor in this article. no matter what provider you have, the instructions are suitable for everyone.
Phone to laptop
Now I will try to answer the question. how to connect a phone via Wi-Fi to a laptop. Here the question immediately arises, how to do it. Usually, the connection takes place in two ways: via Bluetooth or via a USB cable. What if you want to have access to extended folders on your PC. For example, you want to watch a movie or photos. do not download them now to your phone, on which, by the way, there may not be room.
- First of all, you need to allow the connection of third-party devices on the “laptop”. You also need to create some kind of shared folder to which the phone will have access. I already wrote about this in this article. If you skip this step, then after connecting to a laptop, you simply will not see anything.
- Once the folder is configured, we need to find out the IP address of the computer. To do this, write “ipconfig” through the command line.
- We are interested in the string “IPv4”. write down or remember the number. In my case, this is 192.168.1.33.
- We connect to the Wi-Fi network where our laptop is located. You need both devices to be connected to the same router. Download and install a special application with ES Explorer.
ATTENTION! Google has removed this program from the trusted list, so it’s better to use CX Explorer. read the instructions here.
- We launch the application and go to the settings. Next, select “Network”;
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Create”.
- In the “Domain” field, you can enter any name. But below we enter the IP address of our “laptop”. By the way, in this way you can also connect to a computer that is connected to the network. If you can’t connect, enter the name of the folder that you created and “shared” through the slash.
- “Settings”. “Network and Internet”;
- “Access point and modem”;
- Now we overtake the slider to enable the access point. To change the network name and password, click “Configure Wi-Fi hotspot”. Further, nothing is difficult, just come up with a network name and password. After that, we look for Wi-Fi from the laptop and connect to it.
How to connect a phone via Wi-Fi to a laptop and vice versa?
Hello everyone, and today we will analyze all the variations of connecting a phone to a laptop via a Wi-Fi network. In fact, each of the possible connections has a completely different instruction. The thing is that a smartphone and a laptop use different operating systems, which complicates our task a little.
How to connect laptop to phone
Here the situation is a little different. If you need to have access from a computer or “laptop” to data that is on a mobile phone or tablet with Android OS. To do this, download and install the MyPhoneExplorer program on a laptop (client version) and a phone (server version). It is imperative that both devices are connected to the same router. We launch both programs on two devices and on the laptop press “Search for Devices” or the “F1” key. Then just connect to the phone.
- “Settings”. “Modem mode”;
- We select “Turn on Wi-Fi”. But you can distribute the Internet in the same way and through the wire. After that, we just connect to the wireless network. The password will be a little lower. it can also be changed or removed altogether.
Share internet from laptop to phone
Therefore, I have a detailed article about it. Do not look that it is written for the Windows 10 operating system. this manual is suitable for all operating systems of the Microsoft family. Also, as a tip, I will say that it is best not to use third-party programs, but to use the command line and “BAT” files.
How to connect Android to Wi-Fi
Many people think that setting up an Iphone is really not an easy task. Few would argue with this statement. But about Android, many believe that these are easy-to-use smartphones that even a child can figure out. However, in fact, when trying to configure Wi-Fi, there may be some difficulties here.
In general, the popularity of Android is growing every day. Probably, there is no longer a person who does not have a smartphone or tablet with the Android operating system in the arsenal of home appliances. Even the smallest children today actively use these gadgets instead of the usual toys, dolls, cars, etc. But at the same time, few people know how to properly configure Wi-Fi.
It is worth connecting a smartphone once and in the future the smartphone will independently connect to Wi-Fi. But it is not uncommon to observe situations when you need to manually configure Android.
For a visual illustration, we will use the LG G4 smartphone with the version of the Android 5.1 operating system. However, the model doesn’t matter, Android smartphones are pretty much the same.
Before you start configuring Android, you need to set up Wi-Fi by turning on the adapter. The adapter can be turned on in two ways:
- Through the toolbar.
- Through device parameters.
The first method is very convenient: swipe your finger across the screen (from top to bottom) and see the toolbar, as in the figure:
We are looking for a Wi-Fi button with a corresponding icon. Click on it and thus activate the Wi-Fi model.
After that, the system starts searching for available wireless networks and the following list appears on the screen:
Choose the one you need and connect. If it is password protected, enter a combination of characters and click “Connect”. The whole process is automated and does not take much time.
Another question is if the connection is hidden in the router parameters or the DHCP function is disabled. Then you need to configure Android manually.
How to connect Wi-Fi on an Iphone
IMPORTANT! Before setting up your phone, first check if you are within range of a particular wireless Wi-Fi connection. You can use home Wi-Fi, or you can connect the Iphone to free networks, for example, in cafes or shopping centers.
- We go to the home screen and go to the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- Then it will automatically search for available Wi-Fi.
- Choose a name and connect.
This method is suitable for connecting to unsecured routers, for example, in public places.
If you are connecting to secure Wi-Fi, the sequence will be slightly different:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- After automatic search for Wi-Fi, select the desired access point.
- Enter the password and click “Connect”.
If you cannot connect your phone to Wi-Fi in this way, then you are entering the wrong password. To find out the correct one, contact your Wi-Fi administrator.
DO NOT FORGET! To connect your phone to secure Wi-Fi, you need to know the password, a “lock” icon is displayed next to such connections.
There are also situations when you need to connect your phone to a hidden access point that is not displayed in the general list. To connect a smartphone, you need to know the exact name of Wi-Fi:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- We are looking for the line “Wi-Fi” and enable the option.
- Press “Other” and enter the exact name.
- Click “Security”.
- After that, you need to select the type of protection, as shown in the illustration below.
- We return to the “Other network” item and enter the password.
- Click “Connect”.
The most common problems when trying to connect an IOS phone to Wi-Fi
It often happens that they seem to have done the right thing and followed the instructions, but nevertheless it is not possible to connect the phone with the IOS operating system to Wi-Fi. Do not despair and think that the saying “Technique in the hands of a monkey is a piece of iron” about you. Most likely, this is not a technical glitch.
If you can’t connect your phone to Wi-Fi, do the following:
- Check the router connection. And also make sure you are in range.
- Check that the Wi-Fi option is enabled on your smartphone. Go to “Settings”, then to “Wi-Fi”. If there is a blue check mark next to the desired name, this means that the connection in the phone is complete and problems are observed in the router.
- If you want to connect your phone to Wi-Fi at home, then check if the cables are connected correctly and if the router is configured correctly.
- Reboot your IOS phone and reconfigure it.
- Reboot the router and also reconfigure it.
If all else fails, try the following:
- If you are trying to connect a smartphone in a public place, contact an employee of the establishment and ask him to set up Wi-Fi.
- Check the connection on other devices, such as a laptop, or ask others if the Internet works for them. If the other devices are also not connected, then there is a problem with the Internet provider. Contact your internet provider.
- Try connecting to a different location or Wi-Fi. If attempts are unsuccessful, contact a service center to check your Iphone.
- Update the firmware version of the router and check that your smartphone is in the list of supported devices.
How to manually configure Wi-Fi on Android if the connection to the router is hidden
As with the first method, we first need to enable the adapter. But the methods listed above do not suit us for this. Change the strategy: first go to “Settings”. And then we act depending on the version of the phone. We find the item “Wi-Fi” and open its menu. We turn on the adapter. If you have an earlier model, then find the item “Wireless networks” and select “Wi-Fi settings”. We translate the adapter into the on position.
Next, we proceed to the manual search for available connections: you will be presented with a list of access points that were found automatically. If you are connecting to a hidden network, click “Add Wi-Fi”:
Enter the exact name of the hidden access point (SSID) and proceed to security, as in the illustration below:
IMPORTANT! The entered name must match the name that is specified in the router.
Wi-Fi connection on phones and smartphones
How to manually set up Wi-Fi on Android. if DHCP function is disabled
In order to add a new connection to a router with the DHCP function disabled, put a tick in the “Connect additional parameters” line. Then you will be able to independently enter the IP-address, proxy-server and other information. To enter an IP address and other information, select Static for IP Settings. We fill in the lines that appear with data about the router and start “Save” or “Ok”.
As you can see, special professional knowledge and skills are not required, the process is simple and straightforward. If you follow the instructions provided and do everything correctly, you will be able to set up your Android or Iphone in a matter of minutes. We hope this article helped you.
Connecting your phone to a Canon printer via WI-FI for printing
Today smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. With their help, people perform many different tasks. Now you can even print documents or photos directly from your phone without connecting the printer to your computer. You no longer need to send files to be printed to the PC. Many manufacturers have a range of MFPs that support wireless Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity. Canon has this, for example, the PIXMA lineup, whose representatives have the function of direct printing from mobile devices running on iOS or Android platforms.
How to connect SJCAM SJ4000 WIFI with Smartphone and Information
Setting up Canon printers is very easy. Many devices come from the manufacturer with the drivers and programs already installed (AirPrint and Google Drive Print), which are required for printing in Wi-Fi connection mode. There are also standard applications from Canon. Canon PRINT, Mobile Printing Device and PIXMA Printing Solutions, which have versions for both iOS and Android.
Instructions for iOS devices
- Download the Canon PRINT app from the App Store and install it on your iPhone or iPad.
- The Canon printer must be plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on so that a green light is on on it, confirming that the device is ready for use.
- Also check the blue light on your PIXMA printer. When connected to Wi-Fi, it blinks several times, and then the “Online” indicator lights up and stays on without blinking.
- Launch the Canon PRINT app on the smartphone. On the main screen in the upper left corner, tap the “Add a printer” icon (a printer with a “” icon), then “Register a printer” and “Configure a printer”. In the settings, check the option “Connect via a wireless router”.
- A message will appear on the screen recommending that you establish a Wi-Fi connection between the printer and your iPhone / tablet. Exit Canon PRINT on your iOS device and go to Wi-Fi settings. Find “Canon IJ” among the available wireless networks and connect your phone to it.
- When the phone connects, return to the Canon printing program. Tap “OK”.
- Choose a name for the access point or wireless network you will be using. Enter the password to log into the network and tap “OK”.
- The network settings will be sent to the printer. In the process of setting, when the corresponding prompt appears on the screen, click “OK”.
- Check if the printer is found. It should appear at the top of the application window. Choose a name for your printer so you can use it when connected to an iPhone.
- When prompted to connect, click OK. Now try to print something from your phone.
Instructions for Android devices
To connect the printer to an Android phone via Wi-Fi, follow the steps in the following sequence:
In fact, if you have a Wi-Fi printer, you can make a wide variety of print settings right from your phone. For example, choose two-sided printing, customize the color palette, print not the entire document, but only specific pages, and much more.
Modern devices allow in direct connection mode to do everything that previously could only be done on a computer. Today they can be paired with each other directly or remotely. A printer, besides physical, can also be virtual, cloud-based. For example, by registering on the PIXMA Printing Solutions website, you can access your printer and scanner no matter where you are in the world. You will always have the opportunity to print your documents and pictures. And this is great, since the advanced capabilities available “on the go” greatly facilitate and speed up many important processes on which the quality of our life largely depends.
How to connect an iOS phone to a WI-FI modem?
To set up a connection to a WI-FI access point on iOS, you first need to go to the main menu and select the “Settings” subsection there.
Then select “Basic”. “Network”. “Wi-Fi”.
Set the touch slider to “ON” to search for available WI-FI access points.
Select your home network from the list of networks and enter your credentials.
If everything is specified correctly, in the future your phone will automatically connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
How to connect a phone to a router via WI-FI?
Of course, the mobile Internet is a pretty useful technology that allows you to connect to the World Wide Web almost anywhere in the world. It’s just that for home use, the 4G communication standard is far from always convenient and profitable, especially if the subscriber has a high-quality modern router installed.
And in this article we will analyze how to connect a phone to a router, and how home WI-FI Internet is more profitable than a “classic” mobile connection.
In this case, we will immediately “get rid” of several common misconceptions:
- – firstly, almost any modern phone can be connected to the WI-FI network: the success of this operation does not in any way depend on the manufacturer of the gadget (whether it is Samsung, NoKia, fly, LG or a simple pusher) or its appearance (“classic” push-button telephone or modern sensor);
- – secondly, the connection of “mobile” Wi-Fi also does not depend on the Internet provider: if a WI-FI access point exists, then you can connect to it. And who provides this resource: Rostelecom, mts, byfly or a millionaire neighbor. it does not matter.
- – and finally, the operating system installed on the cell phone (Android, Windows Phone or iOS) only affects the way of setting up the connection to the local network.
So which phone can be connected to the router via WI-FI?
Correct answer: a phone, the hardware of which includes a special WI-FI module.
The presence of such is indicated by the inscription Wi-Fi on the packaging of the device or the corresponding mention in the user manual.
Why WI-FI Internet on your phone is better than 4G connection?
- – Benefit: why pay extra for mobile traffic when there is a “free” home Internet?
- – “Unlimited”: with a WI-FI connection to the Internet, you do not have to “count” the spent megabytes.
- – “Independence” from cellular operators: in the absence of a mobile signal, you can safely use the Internet (on some devices, even without a SIM card).
- – Battery saving: Wi-Fi application is less power-consuming than working in LTE or 3G network, therefore, when working with Wi-Fi, the battery drains more slowly.
Let’s take a closer look at how to connect the Internet in your phone through a router on the main mobile OS.
All about local area networks and network equipment
How to connect WI-FI on Android phone?
Connecting Android devices is almost the same for all models of cell phones and smartphones: the differences are not significant.
To connect WI-FI, you first need to unlock the device and go to the main menu.
Next, in the list of icons, look for “Settings” (the icon usually looks like a gear, or a panel with horizontal sliders) and go to the OS settings.
In this window, the main setup menu will appear in front of you: here (usually the first item) Wi-Fi settings are located. go to the Wi-Fi submenu.
(For “older” versions of Android, you first need to go to “Wireless networks” and select “Wi-Fi settings” there)
- – if the Wi-Fi adapter is enabled, the networks available for connection will be displayed;
- – if the Wi-Fi module is turned off, the system will prompt you to turn on Wi-Fi to view the available network connections. You can connect the adapter with a slider (usually, in the upper right corner. see the picture).
Select the network you need from the list, and in the dialog box that appears, write the password to access this network.
How can I connect WI-FI on my Windows Phone.
Connecting such phones is almost identical to setting up Wi-Fi on Android devices.
The only difference here is the visual design of the menu interface.
Find in the menu “Settings”, then go to the submenu “Wi-Fi” and select here the network you are interested in.
If necessary, enter the password to connect to Wi-Fi. the phone is ready to work in the home network.