Why is it necessary?
The advantage of a laptop is that it is more convenient to use it in many cases, including when watching TV channels. It is a mobile technique that can be transported with ease. The only drawback of the laptop is the small screen, which is not very convenient for watching TV or movies.
It is in this case that the TV box becomes the solution. It is worth noting that lately laptop manufacturers have been releasing many models with a built-in T2 tuner, but they are mostly expensive.
The most preferable option would be to purchase a laptop with the ability to connect an external T2.
The advantages of using a TV box are obvious. It allows you to:
- display TV content on the monitor;
- use a laptop as a recording device;
- listen to the radio;
- pause viewing;
- control watch time.
All about connecting a TV set-top box to a laptop
The main purpose of TV set-top boxes is to connect to TV sets. However, in some situations, the most appropriate solution would be to connect a TV set-top box to a computer or laptop monitor. It is worth considering in more detail what it is for and how to properly connect.
There are several options for operating a laptop with a TV set-top box. However, none of the methods is possible without connecting the device to the Internet. Therefore, first you need to provide access to the resource. The first two connection options are based on the use of Internet TV and cable.
- Internet TV. In this case, you will need to ensure the maximum connection speed. To start the broadcast, you need to find the desired channel in the search engine and click on it.
- Cable instead of antenna. Some providers provide the ability to configure your laptop to watch digital channels. To do this, you need to install the application, log in to the system and connect to your home TV. The advantage of the method is that you can watch TV programs from any device with a screen.
The most popular and convenient way is to use a computer to play TV programs through an external T2 tuner.
Before setting up the reception of channels, you will need to install a special program that is recorded on the disc that comes with the set-top box.
To operate such a system, you will need to ensure the correct connection not only to the TV, but also to the laptop. To do this, you need to install special drivers that will allow the computer to connect to the tuner. It is better to restart the PC to save the changes made. If all actions are performed correctly, a shortcut for the TV set-top box will appear on the laptop desktop. After that, you should connect the T2 tuner using a USB cable, then the system will determine the program playback algorithm on its own.
How to set up 4K on an LG TV
4K technology, which allows you to watch HDR (High Dynamic Range) video on your home TV and enjoy cinema-quality movies, was only available to premium TV buyers a few years ago. However, today most LG TVs are equipped with this function.
4K Ultra HD TVs have four times the pixel count of previous generation Full HD TVs, while OLED and Quantum Dot technologies make the picture even clearer and more detailed. Also, 4K is supported by modern game consoles, for example PlayStation 4, Xbox One S, which makes the gaming experience even more realistic.
You can watch 4K content on your LG TV from several sources. These can be movies recorded on Blu-Ray discs that can be watched from a Blu-Ray HD player connected to a TV, or movies, broadcasts from streaming services that transmit content in appropriate quality (for example, Netflix, Apple TV.).
When buying a TV, you need to consider several important nuances.
- Resolution. Should be 3840×2160 pixels. If the resolution is lower, then you will not be able to watch HDR content.
- Support Capability HDR.
- Availability of technologies WCG (WideColorGamut) / QuantunDot. expanding the gamut of colors.
- The presence of a modern HDMI-connector. It is needed in order to watch 4K content from external media (Blu-ray player, set-top box, etc.).
- Modern AV receiver. Multichannel amplifier with digital audio decoders, tuner and A / V switcher supporting 4K.
The main feature of HDR is that it increases the maximum image contrast and color range, making it deeper, brighter and more detailed. WCG technology also expands the color gamut, thanks to it you can see more shades of red, blue, yellow and other colors on the screen. Another key plus of technology. the colors on the TV screen look natural, and the image is close to what the human eye perceives it.
Buying a modern TV doesn’t always mean you can watch 4K movies out of the box. Fortunately, setting up your LG TV to watch 4K movies is easy.
Certain LG TVs running on WebOs require HDR support.
- Go to the Picture menu.
- Select “Additional Settings”.
- In the Ultra HD Deep Color section, enable HDR content for all HDMIs.
On TVs manufactured after 2018, you must also enable Dynamic Tone Mapping, which optimally distributes the load of brightness in HDR video.
After you turn on the HDR function on your TV, you need to connect a Blu-ray player (set-top box, game console.) This can be done using the HDMI connector. After that, you need to make sure that the connection is correct. Most often, the aspect ratio is automatically adjusted thanks to the Edid function. But if this did not happen, you can do it manually.
- Find the picture settings of the player (or your other device) and determine the parameters of the outgoing signal. The quality must be no lower than 2160p (which corresponds to 4K).
On some budget LG TVs, not all HDMI ports support 4K. Therefore, if the resolution is not Ultra-HD when connecting a Blu-ray player, you need to connect via the adjacent HDMI connector.
After setting up 4K, you can calibrate the image based on your preference. To do this, you need to go to the picture settings (cross-link: How to adjust the picture on an LG TV), run a movie or any other content on the TV in HDR quality and set the settings for brightness, contrast, color, white balance, etc.
Owners of OLED TVs should pay special attention to the TruMotion setting. It’s in the Picture Options section. Activate this function, otherwise there is a possibility that the image will start to flicker. This is due to the fact that, due to the refresh rate of 120 Hz, they do not always display films with a frequency of 24 frames per second well. TruMotion interpolates frames to make the image smoother. In this case, the rest of the parameters should be set to 0.
The LG OLED 2018, 2019 and 2020 models feature TruMotion Pro, aka Black Frame Insertion. It underestimates the TV’s artificial refresh rate to 60Hz.
If something goes wrong while setting up 4K on your TV, you can always reset all manual settings to automatic and try again (or contact a specialist).
Problems that may arise when setting up 4K on tv Lg
- Low internet speed. If the average speed of your home Internet allows you to watch content in 4K without problems, and the problem arises from time to time, then you can reduce the quality of the movie in the settings manually to 1080p. If the problem occurs constantly, then you will need to change the provider or tariff plan.
- Problems with HDMI cable. You will need a modern cable model at least HDMI 2.0.
- Problems viewing video from a flash drive or disks. LG TVs support H.265 or H.264 4K. LG’s hardware player is limited not only by codecs, but also by certain extensions. In addition, LG 4K TV also restricts audio codec: AC3 (Dolby Digital), HE-AAC, EAC3, MP2, AAC. In this case, you can watch video by additionally connecting a media player or a computer with a special video card with an output of at least HDMI 1.4 to the 4K TV.
Installing and connecting the console
In addition to the receiver, we also need some details to connect digital television. First of all, you need to think about how exactly the decoder will be connected, more precisely, through which port.
First, we look at the ports that are on the TV. Let’s explore the inputs that we can use in the future:
- HDMI is the most preferred as the picture will be of the highest quality. We will be interested in “HDMI” with the “IN” prefix. Also, do not use the input for the adapter to “DVI”.
- AV. has three multi-colored inputs: Video, audio-L, audio-R. If HDMI is not available, you can use it too.
- VGA is rarely used, but you can try it too. We are interested in exactly the input “IN”.
- If there is nothing at all, then you can try using “SCART”. Present on very old TVs from the early 2000s.
- S-Video is also a good option for replacing AV bells.
It is on the basis of the inputs (IN) on the TV that it will be necessary to select a set-top box. Let’s take a look at my model as an example:
- Antenna input. this is where we will connect our antenna.
- Antenna output. required to connect another set-top box.
- Digital audio. we don’t need it yet.
- HDMI. ideally it is better to use it.
- AV. the same bells that can be used if the TV does not have HDMI.
Some digital set-top boxes may have other outputs, which I wrote about earlier: SCART, S-Video, VGA, etc. but
There may be additional inputs and outputs:
- LAN. needed to connect to your home router. Thus, you can go online from the set-top box and watch movies from there.
- USB. some people think that it can be used to connect to a TV, but this is not the case. This port performs the same function as on the TV and is intended only for connecting external media, flash drives and hard drives.
Once you’ve found the perfect ports, you need the appropriate cable to connect your TV box. There are also these type of adapters:
They can also be easily connected in cases where there is no corresponding port on the TV or on the receiver.
On very ancient TVs, you can try to use the same “RF OUT” antenna output. That is, we take and directly connect the coaxial cable to the old TV.
Now it remains to make the usual connection: we connect the TV via tulips, HDMI or any other cable that I talked about earlier.
Now a digital signal will go through the TV set-top box and send an impulse to the TV in analog or digital form. Also, do not forget to connect the set-top box itself to the outlet. We just have to turn on the receiver, TV and tune the channels.
NOTE! It doesn’t matter what kind of TV you have: Samsung, LG, Philips or Sony. the setting is still done through the set-top box, and the screen will act as a display device. See further step-by-step instructions in more detail.
- To set up digital channels, turn on both devices.
- Now on the TV you need to turn on the display from the input to which the set-top box is connected. To do this, we take the remote control from the TV and find the button that turns on or switches the “Input ports”. It can be referred to as “Input” or “Sources”. May just have a square icon with an arrow inside.
- Then you can see this menu. just select our port. On very old TVs, there is no such menu, so here you just need to scroll through until you see the images of the set-top box menu.
- We succeeded in installing the receiver, now we need to catch the necessary channels. The receiver’s systems are different, but the principle itself is the same. In the menu you need to find “Settings” and enable “Channel Search”.
- The system will automatically search for channels and tune them. You can also do manual configuration.
How to tune digital TV through a DVB-T2 set-top box for 20 channels
Hello everyone, and Borodach is in touch with you again! Today we will have a rather interesting question. how to properly connect a digital set-top box to a TV and tune all channels. I have prepared a detailed instruction for you with all the main steps. But if you have any questions, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Let me remind you that we need a set-top box with support for the DVB-T2 or DVB-C2 standard. They are used in Russia, as well as in many CIS and European countries. If you have not yet picked up a model for yourself, then I advise you to take it with Wi-Fi support, so that you can connect to the network and the Internet. The best models have already been disassembled by my colleague Botan in another article.
I’ll tell you a little about the standards. If you will be connecting to cable TV, then you need the DVB-C or DVB-C2 standard. If you will connect an antenna and catch terrestrial TV channels, then you need DVB-T2 or DVB-T. Just in case, I’ll write. for satellite TV you need the DVB-S2 standard.
NOTE! For cable and satellite TV, you need to contact the appropriate companies to connect external equipment.
An external or internal DVB-T antenna is required for terrestrial broadcasting. You can see more details about popular and good models in our review at this link.
If, when searching for channels, you did not find any, then this means that there are some problems:
- Make sure the antenna is pointing in the right direction. Let me remind you that there are towers in the Russian Federation that broadcast 20 free channels. The location of the antennas can be viewed at this link.
- You are using antennas that are not suitable for digital TV reception. You can see the link to the required models at the beginning of the article.
- If you are connected to a provider, then you should call him at the hot mowing line number or technical support.
- You are using a receiver that does not accept a certain type of signal: DVB-T, DVB-C, or DVB-S. There are also second versions for reception: DVB-T2, DVB-C2, DVB-S2.
- The cable is damaged or broken.
- Check again that all wires are tightly connected to the ports.
You can ask your questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, and I will try to help you. Just try to write in as much detail and detail as possible. I hope this article was helpful to you.
Step. choice of location
Using the parameters of the remote control, the user must select a country. If this is not done, then it will be impossible to set up digital TV broadcasting. The region and city are configured here. You can select a country from the drop-down list or simply by specifying the postal code. Modern models are equipped with the option of automatic location determination. However, if there is no Internet connection, then you will have to do it all manually.
- Take your remote control.
- Click on the “Home” button. the icon with the image of the house.
- Go to the “Settings” section. the gear icon.
- Click on “”. the ellipsis icon.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Go to the subsection “Country”.
Why problems can arise and how to solve them?
Some problems may arise when setting up digital broadcasts. But they are all solvable.
Step. configuring language options
Allows you to set the menu display language as well as the track for digital TV. Provided that the channel is broadcast in several languages at once. Also, the user will be able to customize the main and auxiliary language support.
It is imperative to configure the language for voice search and keyboard. Absolutely all of the options listed above can be edited in one menu. How to enter it? Follow this step by step algorithm:
- Take your remote control.
- Click on the “Home” button. the icon with the image of the house.
- Go to the “Settings” section. the gear icon.
- Click on “”. the ellipsis icon.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Go to the subsection “Language”.
It is clear that if the default language is Russian, then this step can be skipped.
We offer a visual video about setting up channels on an LG TV:
A TV with a bright and rich picture is the most optimal way to spend your daily leisure. Mostly a modern user prefers to watch movies and favorite TV series online, but fans of the classics have not disappeared either, so knowledge about setting up television broadcasting will undoubtedly come to the court.
How do I tune channels on my LG TV? Devices from the popular South Korean brand have no distinctive features, at least in this matter. Therefore, the TV channels are tuned according to the standard algorithm. The only difference is that, depending on the brand, the name of commands, parameters, options will change.
The paper manual included in the basic package of the TV-device contains all the information necessary for setting up channels. However, this process is described there superficially, now we will consider the most basic commands and the specifics inherent in LG technology.
How to update and find free channels on Smart (Smart) TV models via the tuner?
If the TV is not connected to a common house antenna, you should purchase and install an individual one. In houses located near the TV tower, you can use a room. For people living far from the TV tower, it is better to purchase an external one. To tune channels, you need a TV remote control and a cable to connect the TV tuner to the antenna.
The security system of some models may ask for a password at one of the configuration stages. If the user did not install his own, enter the one installed by the manufacturer. This is one of the following options:
We will tell you how you can turn on (activate) the tuner on Smart TV models in order to connect the “digital” to the LG TV. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Go to the settings by pressing the SETTINGS button on the remote.
- In the “Channels” menu, select the subsection “Channel selection and settings”.
- Select “Terrestrial TV (DVB T / T 2)” and click “Next”.
- Check the box “Digital only”, click “Next”. Channel search starts.
How to install satellite broadcasting?
The satellite signal is received by the satellite dish. It is installed in a specially prepared place:
- on the balcony;
- on the roof of a private house;
- on the wall.
The antenna installation is carried out by a specialist of the operator company or by a subscriber independently, but according to strict calculations of the location and direction of the dish. To tune satellite channels, you need to know the special connection parameters. They can be obtained from the operator providing the service.
After clarifying the parameters, you should perform the first steps of the channel tuning algorithm. And at the stage of selecting a signal source, you should select “Satellite”. In the menu that opens, you must enter the data provided by the satellite TV operator.
There is no picture
This problem occurs when connecting via a set-top box.
Even if the antenna does not work, there should be an image of the set-top box menu on the TV screen. If not, the problem might be one of the following:
- wrong connection (wrong video input);
- problems with the cable or connectors;
- prefix not included.
The first step is to check the receiver. When the device is switched on, there is a green or red indicator light. If the set-top box is connected, but there is still no image, you should make sure that the connection is correct.
- Most often, the receiver is connected using an RCA cable with three tulip connectors of different colors: white, red, yellow. If you are using an RCA cable, make sure that it is not connected to the output, but to the input of the TV. The input is indicated by the INPUT (I) pointer. output. OUTPUT (O).
- Older TVs may not have a port for the red tulip, in which case it is simply not used. On TVs with universal input, green-yellow can be used instead of the yellow connector. This input can also be used.
- Some TVs have a “comb” input instead of the RCA input. Usually digital receivers do not come with a cable to connect to this input. In such cases, you should purchase an RCA. SCART adapter. modern TVs can be connected to the set-top box using an HDMI cable. The picture with it will be clearer, and the sound is clear.
If the TV and set-top box are connected correctly, but the receiver menu still does not appear on the screen, you should make sure that the correct video input is connected. Switching is carried out by pressing a button on the TV remote control, which in different models can be called:
- AV / TV;
- INPUT / OUTPUT;
- graphic image of a circle with an arrow.
Can’t tune, channels are missing or lost
If the TV does not find all the channels available in the region, you should:
- make sure that the antenna is included in the set-top box, and not in the TV;
- check if there is a good contact in the antenna connector;
- clarify the number of channels available for a given locality;
- move the antenna higher, change its direction or replace it with a more powerful one.
To fully use the Smart function, install applications and widgets, you need to register and create an account on the LG website. This can be done quickly in several stages.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image004.jpg “/ Open the Central Menu by clicking on the” Home “button.
Click on the “Login” button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image005.jpg “/
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image006.jpg “/ In the” Email “field write your e-mail address, enter your current password twice.
Then, using any device, enter the mailbox and open an email with a link to activate your account. If you immediately refuse to register through TV, you need to complete the procedure by following the instructions.
Return to Smart TV, press the Exit key, then reopen the menu and enter the system by entering the new data. Check the box next to “Stay logged in”, but answer “No” to the question about entering additional data.
At this stage, the registration process is considered successfully completed, and the user can enjoy watching movies and broadcasts online, listening to music, visiting information and entertainment portals.
Internet connection via cable or Wi-Fi
The main condition for Smart TV to work is the presence of Internet access in the house. It is advisable to use a full-fledged high-speed fishing line. this will make it possible to view programs in excellent quality, and will expand the possibilities of using Smart technology, for example:
- get access to Internet TV;
- play media content;
- run selected applications and video games.
There are two ways to connect: via cable or wireless Wi-Fi.
1 \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ msohtmlclip1 \ 01 \ clip_image001.jpg “/ If there is only one cable in the house, you should install a special splitter, then connect the new cable directly to the LAN connector on the back of the TV.
- Turn on the TV, use the remote to enter the main menu and press the Home button.
- Then select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Here, select the “Wired network” item and click the “Refresh” button.
- The appearance of the inscription “Done” will mean that the TV is connected to the Internet.
- Using the remote control, go to the main menu and press the “Home” button.
- Select the path “Settings → Network → Network connection → Settings → List of networks”.
- Stop at the item “Wireless network”, and in the list that appears, find your router.
- Enter the password for the Wi-Fi network and click “OK”.
When the connection icon appears, click on “Finish” and test LG Smart TV by going to any site.
How to connect your phone to your LG TV
Some users strive to fully use the capabilities of the Smart function, so they synchronize mobile and television equipment, turning the gadget into a real set-top box, or wanting to play media content on a wide screen. You can connect your phone to LG Smart TV in one of three available ways.
- Connect both devices with a cable by inserting the connector into a special socket on the TV case.
- On the screen, select the option “Connect as USB storage”.
- Select the connected model from the list of available devices in the menu.
- On a mobile device, in the “Wireless connections” tab and in the TV settings in the “Network” section, activate the “Wi-F-Direct” option.
- In the list of devices that appears, select your model and connect to it.
It is convenient to synchronize your smartphone and LG TV using “Smart Share”. To do this, you just need to connect both devices to your home Wi-Fi network, and then activate this function on them.
How to connect smartphones on iOS
There are also different ways to connect your iPhone to your LG TV. The choice depends on the model, the purpose of the connection and the use of the smartphone.
To do this, you need a cable from the iPhone, however, you can use the gadget only to view media files (photos, videos) stored in its memory. The advantage is the ability to charge the smartphone battery from the TV.
This option is suitable if you have a special smartphone adapter. The adapter for older connectors is called the Digital AV Adapter, for newer versions. AV Adapter Lightnig. After connection, the connection is made automatically, if no action followed, you should activate the function as a signal source.
This option is considered the simplest and most affordable.
- Install the LG Smart Share app on the TV and Twonky Beam on the phone.
- In the latter, highlight the item “show or hide the visual indicators at the edge of the screen”.
- After that, select the media file intended for viewing and wait for the appearance of the inscription “beaming”.
Configuring Channels and Image Parameters: Step-by-Step Guide
One of the key steps in setting up Smart TV LG and other models is finding and installing TV channels. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can set up digital TV within 10 minutes. The algorithm is quite simple and consists of several stages.
- Using the remote control, call the “Menu” and select the “Options” item.
- In the country selection list, it is best to specify “Finland”.
- In the “Settings” section, find the line “Autosearch”.
- After specifying the type of connection (for example, “Cable”), set the main parameters in the window that appears:
- Search type. Fast;
- Frequency. 98000;
- Modulation. 56 Qam;
- Symbol rate. 6952;
- Network ID. Auto.
Then activate the search for all available channels. Almost all LG TVs that support the Smart feature have an automatic update feature. By default, it is always on, so you need to deactivate it. Otherwise, the system will periodically return the parameters to the standard range. This in turn will cause the settings to fail and the channels to disappear. You can disable this option in the “Configuring digital cable” section.
After the end of the search, you can sort the channels in any order using the program editor. To do this, in the “Automatic search” section, select the “Cable” tab, and uncheck the box next to the “Auto numbering” option.
What to do if Smart TV does not work?
Many users of the Korean manufacturer’s TVs are faced with the “reluctance” of Smart TVs to function normally. There may be several reasons, and the most common are the following.
Check the network for electricity, and the power supply for operability. To do this, connect the device to a different outlet.
[LG WebOS TV]. How to Setup Your LG Smart TVs
Wrong source selection during installation
In the “Settings” switch the mode. For example, instead of “HDMI” select “Terrestrial TV”.
Choose a more recent version of the operating system and correctly update the firmware
Lack of access to some functions of the Smart platform
Check the availability of the Internet and the correctness of the connection.
Hardware malfunctions (matrix or backlight burnout, technical malfunctions)
To watch IPTV using a Wi-Fi router, you need to properly configure the TV broadcast. The router itself usually does not need any serious settings. The technology works in automatic mode.
But sometimes it also happens that you still have to get into the router settings.
Alas, there is no one-size-fits-all guide to setting up IPTV wirelessly. It largely depends on the brand and model of the equipment for distributing the Internet over the air.
At the same time, there are 2 main ways to set up a router.
LG SMART TV SETUP. FAST and EASY (new 2018)
The first option involves activating IGMP Proxy. But this feature is available on a limited number of routers.
- connect the router, as stated in the instructions, set up its standard operation;
- go to the control panel;
- open the section with a wired connection;
- find IGMP in the list of available functions, if there is one;
- enable this feature;
- save changes;
- reboot router.
The essence of the second method is to put the router into Access Point mode. The advantage is that this functionality is available on all modern routers.
- go to the router settings menu;
- disable the DHCP function here;
- activate the mode with the Access Point;
- rearrange the main wire to the LAN connector;
- connect a service from a provider by contacting technical support.
Therefore, wireless connection is not in the same demand as watching IPTV using a set-top box or proprietary software.
IPTV connection on Philips TV
Installing IPTV on models of this brand is quite simple, just a few steps are required from you:
- Connect your Philips device to a router with an access point.
- Press the Home button on the remote, enter the configuration menu.
- Open the “Operation Mode” tab in the network settings, in the window that appears, enter the DNS value to get an Internet connection.
Now all that remains to be done is to download the widget with which you will watch IPTV on your Philips TV, and the choice of it depends entirely on your preferences.
IPTV service on LG TVs
To watch TV channels on interactive TV without a set-top box, a separate program was created for LG equipment. SS IPTV. But before installing it, you need to connect the TV to the Internet, and this is done as follows:
- Connect the LAN ports of the devices with a network cable.
- Go to Smart settings and in the Network section select the “Network Settings: Wired” tab.
- Here you will see the DNS and IP addresses, in most cases they are filled in automatically, but in some cases you need to enter them using the remote control.
- After checking the connection, you will see information about the current connection to the network.
If you have a built-in Wi-Fi module, you can establish a wireless connection. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the Smart settings, select the “Network” section and the item about wireless network settings.
- Determine the connection method. the easiest way is to choose the “Easy installation” option, in this case the parameters will be set automatically.
- In some cases, you will need to select an access point and enter a password to access it.
- The LG TV will check the entered data and display the Internet connection mode.
Note. Another wireless connection can be made using a special adapter that connects to the USB input on the TV.
Now let’s move on to installing an application developed for LG technology, which is supplied free of charge to all users. You can download the installation package of the program through the device menu or using a USB drive.
To download it via TV, go to the Smart menu, open the Smart World window. Then enter the name. SS IPTV in the address bar and start the search. After installing the utility, do not forget to run it immediately.
If you want to open the application via a USB drive, download the archive www.ss-IPTV.com/files/LG_usbapp.zip, unpack it on an external drive. Connect the device to the TV, launch the Smart menu, item “My applications”.
Here you will need to register, if you have not done this before, after which you will enter the applications menu. Select an external drive as source, run the utility and enjoy watching your favorite TV shows.
Connecting a set-top box for IPTV
First of all, connect the device to the router and the Network, connect the set-top box to the equipment using an SD or HDMI cable. What is the difference between them? When you connect a standard SD cable, you will get a regular digital image. To watch broadcasts in HD mode, which is especially important for models with a large screen, it is worth using the HDMI input, so check if it is provided on your device.
Turn on the set-top box and the TV, select the image source (AV or HDMI), fill in the account parameters (the necessary data are specified in your agreement with the provider). After authorization, you can use all the advantages of the set-top box menu to customize the broadcast for yourself and watch your favorite TV channels with comfort.
Watching IPTV on TV
Interactive television is an opportunity to watch a large number of channels in high quality, powerful sound and broadcast control. To use this service, you will need a special set-top box or, if your TV has an IPTV function, an Internet connection. Let’s consider how to use the service using a set-top box, how to watch IPTV on an LG or Philips TV, and how IPTV is configured on Samsung Smart TV equipment?
Setting up IPTV for Samsung models
To watch digital channels on Samsung equipment, you need to establish an Internet connection and the corresponding utility.
The installation of these components goes like this:
- Connect the cable between the TV and the router.
- On the remote, select the Smart Hub menu, press the red button A.
- Create your account. enter Develop in the login line, create a password and re-enter this login information.
- Enter the settings, stop at the Development section. After selecting it, enter the IP address. 18.104.22.168, if it does not fit, try the combination 22.214.171.124.
- Now go to the item “Synchronizing user applications”, when the process is over, press Enter.
- Now you have the nStreamPlayer utility, you can find it in the list among other applications.
- Run the program, in the Playlist URL1 field enter the address powernet.com.ru/stream.xml.