IP camera without cloud service
If you bought a network camera without a cloud service, you need to connect to the same local network to which your camcorder is connected. An ideal solution if you are connected to one Wi-Fi cable. Please note that the correct network settings must be set on the camera itself:
- IP address;
- DNS address.
Once you know the IP address of the camera, you can simply enter it in the address bar. If the camera has a non-standard port, you need to specify it through two dots. After that, the device will ask you to log in. The equipment seller can always prompt you to enter the login information, or you can try using the standard ones:
- login: admin, password: admin;
- login: admin, no password;
- login: admin, password: 123456;
- login: admin, password 12345;
- login: admin, password: 888888.
To control everything that happens from anywhere in the world, you just need to connect a static IP address and configure port forwarding on the router. After that, you will need to enter your static address through a standard browser, and the router will direct you to the camera or recorder, after which you can comfortably watch the video with everything that happens at the facility.
How to set up remote viewing on a phone from a video camera?
Thanks to the development of the Internet, now you can control absolutely everything that happens in the office, at home or on a construction site, being hundreds of kilometers from the place. At the same time, there is absolutely no need to purchase expensive equipment, but it is enough to simply install a system that works via the Internet. In the domestic market, a wide range of inexpensive and effective video cameras are presented, which make it possible to conduct video surveillance through a tablet, phone and laptop. Basically, for remote viewing, they buy IP cameras that are independent from other devices and work autonomously, which simplifies configuration and reduces the cost of the kit. It was the versatility of such equipment that was able to provide such a high demand.
IP camera with built-in service (P2P)
Basically, if you need remote viewing on surveillance cameras, then the choice falls on IP cameras with a built-in service. Such cameras are the simplest in terms of setting up control via the Internet, because you just need to install on your tablet, smartphone or laptop a mobile application from the manufacturer whose camera you will be using. If you choose a camcorder from Dahua, Hikvision or another well-known brand, you are guaranteed to be able to find the application on Google Play or the App Store. In the application, you just need to create your account, add all the necessary cameras, after which you will have access to the cloud storage from any device.
How the camera is configured for viewing over the Internet?
The subtleties of remote video surveillance
Naturally, it is thanks to the possibilities of the Internet that it has become real to transmit to the user’s gadget everything that happens at the facility in real time. But in order to guarantee maximum efficiency, it is necessary to use the static IP service. Most Ukrainian providers have such a service inexpensively, at this time it can significantly increase the level of data reliability.
In the case when there is only one video camera at the observation object, then after installation it is enough just to enter the IP, and you will be able to observe everything that happens from the gadget. Such schemes are used in small rooms where a serious video surveillance system is not needed.
Provided that one device cannot guarantee control of the entire area, then in addition to the cameras, a router is installed. In this case, it is the router that receives the IP address, which combines information from each camera. One stream will contain all the information that is transmitted through video cameras. To conduct surveillance using a device, you can install a DVR. In some cases, it is this equipment that performs the functions of a router, the lens into a single system of all cameras.
The key advantage of this system is that you can track an object from absolutely any corner of the planet. If necessary, the system can be upgraded to add multiple cameras or change the storage location on the network. The encryption rate when using such equipment is still as high as with standard control.
Analog video camera
You cannot connect directly to an analog camera. You need to additionally buy a video recorder, after which you can already connect to it in the same way as in the case of a digital IP camera: directly to a static address or via P2P.
Configuration via WI-FI
Working with setting up an IP camera via Wi-fi requires special software on a mobile device or computer. It can be obtained, depending on the type of camera, as follows:
- on the disc enclosed with the purchase. This is not available for all manufacturers’ models;
- purchase from an authorized dealer;
- download the camera manufacturer’s website and install it on your computer;
- purchase special applications for mobile devices.
It is best to configure the ip-camera using the program that can be found on the disk, this will avoid many mistakes.
- to the power grid;
- to a computer using an ordinary twisted pair Ethernet.
expensive models are capable of transmitting both power and picture via one cable. The ip-camera is connected to the receiving device either:
- through a browser;
- or via software.
How to find out the RTSP address
The link can be found in the documentation or explicitly indicated in the device web interface. If you know that the camera exactly supports RTSP, but the parameters are not explicitly specified anywhere, you will have to find out:
- On the developer’s site.
- Request directly from the manufacturer or supplier. As a rule, upon request, they provide such information, with this there is no problem even for Chinese vendors with AliExpress.
- Recognize the camera using ONVIF protocol, which is supported by almost all models.
The latter requires Onvif Device Manager software, a Windows computer and the camera itself.
Device Manager can configure a video server, capture video, and so on, but the most important function of this program in this case is WS-Discovery, discovery of devices on the network.
- run it and click the Refresh button below. The search process will start;
- when the camera is found, select the Live Video item in the menu;
- under the picture there will be the address of the rtsp link, which can be copied for further use.
The Xiaomi IP camera can have two indicator lights, if orange lights up. it is ready to connect to the network, if the color turns blue. the work on connecting to the network is completed successfully, the camera is connected to Wi-Fi.
If security requires it, in the settings it is possible to turn off the light indicators, then the device will be more difficult to detect.
Mi Home app
After connecting, you can start setting up the camera, in the Mi Home application, almost all actions will be clearly explained with the help of pictures.
By selecting the desired icon from the menu, you can solve the following tasks:
- change your own camera name;
- update software (firmware);
- determine the time the camera is active;
- set the quality of information transfer by choosing a convenient format, HD or SD;
- restrict access to control the device to third parties, previously provided through their account when using the Share button;
- disable or activate the indicators;
- turn off or turn on the motion sensor;
- switch to full-screen image viewing mode;
- enable video recording on schematic media, or vice versa, stop it;
- enable sound recording if the model has a microphone;
- determine the mechanism for transmitting the danger signal, for example, in the form of SMS;
- when receiving a danger signal from the motion sensor, enable video recording.
The control looks very simple, on the touch screen it is carried out with a slight movement of your finger and the choice of any of the proposed solutions. With the same movement, you can take a photo of the image currently being broadcast by the camera and save it to the gallery. It is also possible to enter the snapshot storage directly from the application. The program will also offer information that the user may need:
- connection speed;
- spent traffic;
- date and time of recording and others.
When owning Linux, the user will be able to change other settings by flashing or reprogramming the camera, for example, allow it to speak Russian, disconnect it from servers located in China, manually control infrared illumination and various filters.
Watching the video setting up the Xiaomi IP camera.
Changing the address
We connect the camera, enter its IP address in the browser line and get into the device’s web interface.
Some cameras come with a special program, with the help of which you can change the address of the camera. It may differ for cameras from different manufacturers, but the main menu items are the same. The required item will be called “Configuration” or something like that. Here you need to find the sub-item “Network” and either put a tick in the item “Use dynamic IP-address” or select “Static IP” and register the desired address there. If the IP of your router is 192.168.1.1, you can specify for example 192.168.1.25. The subnet mask is usually the standard. 255.255.255.0, if you have not changed this parameter in the network settings of the router. If there is a “Gateway” field, write down the address of your router in it. Then save the settings.
Some cameras come with a special program with which you can change the address of the camera. After that, they connect to the web interface for further configuration.
How to veiw an IP camera over the internet.flv
When setting the IP address for the network webcam, it is advisable to use a static address. You should check that the selected address does not fall within the range of addresses distributed by the DHCP server.
Remember to reset your PC’s network card to its original settings, otherwise you won’t be able to connect to the network!
At this stage, you can disconnect the camera from the computer and connect it to the router.
If you have set a dynamic IP address on the camera, it makes sense to reserve a permanent address for it on the router, so that later every time you do not look for it in the list of network devices. To do this, in the menu item of the router’s web interface “Address Reservation”, specify the MAC address of the camera and write down the IP for it.
What is an IP address
An IP address is a unique address of a device that is connected to the Internet. It is represented by four digits from 0 to 255, separated by dots.
These numbers allow you to find the path along which information will be transmitted from device to device.
Often, IP addresses are constant or static: they do not change and exist exclusively for one device, but there is also a second type of addresses. dynamic.
They are not assigned to anyone, and after the end of your session, another person may well use them.
Since our computer, to which digital cameras will be connected, has a static address, it means that all devices, including CCTV cameras that are connected to it, will have a static IP address for correct operation.
How to get RTSP stream from camera
To view video and capture audio using this technology, RTSP support is required on the camera side. This protocol is supported by many samples of devices on the market, but the documentation does not always describe the possibility.
If support is declared, then the instructions will contain settings for accessing the broadcast. They represent a connection link in the following format:
Here rtsp is an indication of the connection protocol, addr is the IP address of the camera. The port is specified with a colon. The latter may differ if the settings specify a different from the “default”.
This is followed by user and password. the username and password for connecting (they may not exist). After them, additional parameters are indicated, which may differ from camera to camera.
There is a large number of software and mobile applications that allow remote access to an IP camera.
- vMEye. This application is compatible with tablets and smartphones that run on the Android operating system, and the system version must be higher than 1.5. You can connect online, take screenshots, focus the picture and manage a large number of streams.
- vMEyePro and vMEyePro. Enhanced apps compatible with both Android and iOS. It features a large set of useful functions, support for seven languages, including English or Russian. Family sharing option available.
- vMEyeSuper. This version of the software is also available for both operating systems. it is available both in Google Play and in the AppStore. The undoubted advantage is the support of the Russian language, as well as the ability to fully configure remote access. You can watch the necessary data in real time, adjust the zoom, broadcast audio information, and also work in multiple streams.
- Electronics manufacturing process
- Program for configuring IP cameras
- Thermal surveillance cameras
- Camcorder dummy
Impact of connection speed on video quality
It is believed that for transmitting video with a resolution of 640×480 and a frequency of 25 frames / sec, it is enough to have an Internet bandwidth of 0.5. 1 Mbit. If the speed of the networks is lower, then the image will crumble into squares, “freeze” and go into a black field.
But, despite the fact that the resolution of 640×480 is more or less acceptable for viewing by modern users, this quality is no longer satisfactory. They reason like this, they say, I bought a camera HD, then I want to watch it in HD. The modern Internet allows it. Video stream rate in H.264 encoding with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 is about 5 Mbps per camera.
TRENDnet: Viewing IP Cameras Over The Internet
If you are satisfied with the simplest video surveillance system with one channel, then it is enough to purchase an IP camera. You can simply connect it to the router, and then catch the image on the remote computer.
Although this option will work, it is primitive and inconvenient. over, it will not allow broadcasting video to mobile devices, except in WI-FI zones.
A slightly more interesting option is using services such as Ivideon. This service allows you not only to view videos on various devices in Internet access zones, but also to watch the image on any smartphone or tablet via 3G mobile connection.
In addition, your page will provide access to the archive of video recordings, which you can also view anywhere in the world where the Internet is available or there is 3G coverage.
IP-CCTV camera of a fairly high class with a 1.3 ”CMOS matrix and 1.3 megapixel resolution. The camera is sold without a lens, so it is possible to choose high-quality optics at your discretion with a focal length that is optimal for the room in which it will be installed. Brightness and contrast are remotely adjustable. Aperture automatic.
If you are interested in video surveillance at night, then you need to install infrared illumination on the camera. The camera has high performance, but also a high price.
Types of video surveillance organization via the Internet
There are two ways to organize video surveillance over the Internet: rigidly through a static IP address or through a dynamic IP address, using peer-to-peer P2P communication:
- Connecting with a dedicated IP address is easy. The camera connects to a router or modem. On the computer, on the other hand, register the IP address to access the camera.
- Without a dedicated IP address, the situation is more complicated on the one hand, but on the other hand it will be more pleasant. You can use the iVideon service. The service allows you to connect an unlimited number of cameras, but only two are free. Works with any type of address.
This is already a small system that includes a Foscam FI9903P IP camera with infrared illumination, a TP-Link WR1043ND router and a USB 3G modem. All devices are already configured and coordinated with each other. The peculiarity of such a kit is that it can broadcast not only via the Internet, but also via 3G mobile communication channels.
If necessary, the set can be supplemented with three more cameras. The system can work with operating devices under Android OS, iPhone / iPAD, PC under Widows.
Let’s say you have two HD IP cameras. This means that you need a channel of at least 10 Mbps, but better than 15 Mbps. The provider will easily provide this for you, and the provider, most likely for a small fee, will provide you with a static address.
Now you need to configure the camera connection:
- Each camera will need its own port. This is what we must distribute in the router. We type in the address bar of the browser http://192.168.1.1 and get into the router menu.
- In the section, which is usually called Virtual Server or Routing, select the Add item and add an external network port, for example, 8082. Which we redirect to the internal network 192.168.1.2. We specify the standard port everywhere 80. For the second camera, repeat the operation, but specify the external port as 8083, and the internal one 192.168.1.3. If you add cameras later, add them in the same way. Save and reload.
- Now you can see what we got. We turn on the remote computer and go to the first camera.
- Suppose the provider gave you the address 18.104.22.168, then to get an image from the first camera, it is enough to enter http://22.214.171.124:8082 in the address bar of the browser and you will be taken to the page of the first camera. Go to the second camera in the same way. Browsers can be minimized halfway and there will be two images on the screen at the same time. Observe.
If you are uncomfortable fiddling with browsers, then you can install the free IP Camera Viewer program. It is somewhat primitive, but there is a huge number of viewers on the Internet, both for PC and Aplé, iPhone / iPad, Android, Windows Phone.