Necessary components of a remote surveillance system
To implement Internet surveillance, the following functional elements are required (depending on the volume of the system and the user’s desires):
- Cameras. IP, or regular web;
- Digital recorder;
- Router (router)
- The required amount of network UTP cable;
Essential components of a remote surveillance system
But each individual case is different, and when creating a simple surveillance system with one IP camera, only it and a dedicated IP address will be enough, if you do not need to record an archive on a hard disk, but only remotely control what is happening.
To create online surveillance without using various cloud servers, you need a dedicated static IP address. You can get it in your GoProvider, or use a special DynDNS service. By the way, the result of obtaining a static IP on your own through such services can be achieved for a long time and is difficult, and it is not a fact that you will achieve your goal. So the best option would be to get a static IP for an additional fee from the provider (about 200 rubles per month), or use a special cloud service.
In general, today it is possible to implement remote monitoring without a static IP address and DDNS services. Not so long ago there appeared the so-called cloud surveillance services, to which you can connect your cameras, and view the stream in real time. Read more at the end of the article.
The main disadvantage of remote monitoring in general is the fact that it is not always possible to connect to cable Internet everywhere, and, as a rule, UAH connections through wireless networks leave much to be desired. Remote control of a large surveillance system, consisting of a large number of cameras, in this case will be very problematic.
So, let’s look at 4 main options for implementing online surveillance of the Internet, starting from a simple one, ending with a full-fledged system.
Internet Surveillance: 4 Ways to Set Up Remote Access to IP Cameras
Remote surveillance is becoming more popular every day, and with the advent of Dedicated Cloud Services, its availability is increasing. Thanks to remote access, you can view from almost anywhere in the world what is happening in front of surveillance cameras online. All that will be needed for this is Internet access.
Today, the implementation of this kind of surveillance is available both for large organizations and for private use. To install and configure Internet monitoring in the second case, you do not have to resort to the services of specialists. you can easily do it yourself.
Remote observation can be useful in different life situations, for example, to organize observation at a summer cottage, to control the actions of a nanny, caring for a child, the progress of repairs or construction of a house by workers. there can be a lot of situations.
Organization of online surveillance. the main ways
We install cameras so that in the future it would be possible to easily identify the faces of all people who come under their review. To do this, it is necessary to determine the optimal installation height, as well as to select devices with the required focal length and viewing angle in advance. To ensure the best quality today, it is better to buy IP cameras with high image resolution.
After installing the cameras, we need to connect them to the recorder using a UTP cable. You also connect a hard drive to the recorder (preferably with external power supply), and power our entire system from the network. In order not to fiddle with extra wires, you must immediately buy cameras with the ability to power over a network cable (PoE), as well as a recorder with PoE ports, or in the future use PoE adapters and a power supply for IP cameras (PoE injector).
Next, connect our entire system to the router, and make all the necessary settings: port forwarding, setting camera parameters, etc. Later, we will analyze the configuration of a remote surveillance system with a registrar and a router in more detail, and first, let’s talk about organizing remote access to one camera.
With one IP camera
Surveillance with one IP camera
The simplest, and therefore popular, way of organizing remote monitoring is a direct connection of the IP camera via the provider’s network cable. To implement this method, we need the same dedicated IP address, which will need to be assigned to the camera itself.
- First, you need to connect the camera to your computer, and enter its IP addresses in the browser line. You can find out IP cameras in the user manual, on the manufacturer’s label stuck on the body, or using the manufacturer’s software on the disk that comes with the kit.
- After entering the IP, we will get into its web interface, where we will need to go to the network settings subsection, and indicate “Receive automatically” in the “IP addresses” line, or manually register the IP address allocated to you by the provider for greater reliability.
- Now you need to find out the port used by the camera for the incoming connection. most often port 80 is open.
- Next, set the login and password by which you will enter the camera’s network interface, disconnect the device from the computer, and connect the provider’s network cable to the IP camera.
If configured correctly, the camera image will be available from any device at: http: // (your permanent IP address) 🙁 open camera port). without brackets.
It so happens that the provider blocks port 80. in this case, change it to another in the camera settings. As you can see, everything is simple, and all this can be easily done without the help of specialists.
Add a registrar
Remote surveillance system with recorder connection
Thanks to the introduction of the registrar into the system, its functionality is significantly expanded. Now it becomes possible not only to view the picture from cameras online, but also to keep an archive, which will also be available through remote access. In addition, various security sensors can be connected to the recorder, with the help of which the system will be able to notify you of an alarm event.
The princIPle of setting up IP monitoring of the Internet by adding a registrar to the system is practically the same as the previous method.
- We get a dedicated IP address from the provider, then set up forwarding from it to the IP addresses of the local network in which the registrar will be located.
- Usually all the necessary network settings are found in the “Network” tab. In this section, you need to register the local IP address of your registrar (for example, 192.168.1.1), the gateway (the IP address of the router in the local network), as well as the subnet mask (usually it looks like 255.255.255.0).
Important! It is necessary to follow the same rule, which says that the router and the registrar must be on the same subnet, otherwise they simply cannot see each other.
Now it’s the turn to configure the router parameters:
- We go into its web interface, select the item “Remote Management”, and allow remote control of the device with the allocation of the corresponding port.
- Now in the “Virtual Servers” section we set up forwarding by analogy with setting up a system only with a router: for example, external port 8086, registrar port (80), and its IP addresses to which requests from the outside will be forwarded (as an example, we specified 192.168.1.1).
- It is also worth fixing the permanent IP address of your DVR by its MAC address, otherwise the router may assign arbitrary IPs to it after rebooting. Usually these settings are located in the “Address Reservation”.
With the correct settings, the registrar will be available upon request: http: // (your permanent static IP address from the provider) 🙁 8086). must be specified without brackets.
Important! Let’s clarify one important point, when a lot of users stumble upon who have successfully configured the equIPment, but still are NOT able to connect via remote access. It is impossible to enter the settings of the registrar remotely from the same static IP address, which you assigned to it (and which one has your Internet), since the request from a technical point of view is formed from the same address. Therefore, to check the functionality, it is necessary to log into the recorder from a device with a different IP address. a mobile phone or computer with an excellent external IP.
Remote monitoring with the introduction of a router
Remote monitoring with the introduction of a router
To connect two or more cameras to the Internet, we need to enter a router (router) into our system. He creates his own subnet, which includes all the cameras, and he also needs a dedicated IP address.
To configure the router, we need to get into its web interface. This is done by analogy with one IP camera. in the address bar of the browser, we drive in its standard IP addresses, set by the manufacturer by default, and enters the login and password entry form. IP addresses can be taken on the device label, or in the user manual, in the same place we take a login with a password (usually login: admin, and the password is a combination of several zeros).
After entering the network interface, you need to assign each camera its own port. as a rule, this can be done in the “Routing” section, (Port Forwarding, “Virtual Server”, etc., depending on the router) in which rules for transferring external requests from the Internet to one or another IP addresses of the internal network. For example, to the external port under the number 8086. Set the redirection to the internal 80 port of the IP address of the first camera (for example, 192.168.1.11). For the external port 8087, set the redirection to port 80 of the internal IP address of another camera, etc. Depending on the router model, the settings may differ, for example, it is possible that in your case you just need to register the ports of each camera with IP addresses and other information:
- Service name. for example, “IP Camera 1″;
- Port range. manually assigned port of the first camera 8086 during further configuration;
- Local IP address. 192.168.1.11 (camera IP addresses)
- Local port. 8186, or 80 if the camera did not have the ability to configure the port;
- Protocol: TCP;
- Protocol number: 1 (or any other number).
To avoid further confusion, we advise you to write down each local IP addresses of cameras on a piece of paper, they will still be useful to you.
After configuring the router, go to the cameras. In turn, we connect to each of them directly from the computer, and manually assign them an IP address, which were registered in the settings of the router. for convenience, use the list of IP addresses written earlier on a piece of paper. The port remains by default. 80, or is assigned manually.
It remains to configure the connection with the provider, and connect all the cameras to the router. To connect to surveillance cameras via the Internet, you need to register the request in the address bar of the browser: http: // (your permanent IP address): (the external port specified in the forwarding settings). remove the brackets. When you click on the link, you should open a window with a login and password entry form. enter the data specified when setting up the camera. Again, it is better to write down the data of each camera in a separate list so as not to get confused in the future.
By analogy, we connect cameras with a Wi-Fi transmitter.
Monitoring Cloud services is becoming more popular and more accessible every day. In connection with such increased demand, supply is also growing. more and more manufacturers of surveillance equIPment are starting to offer their consumers to use their own cloud services. Also, the number of new companies specializing in organizing a specialized cloud for viewing surveillance cameras online is growing. Read in our article in the most popular and technologically advanced cameras that have the ability to connect to a remote cloud. Read completely
Monitoring Cloud Services
The main advantage of organizing Internet monitoring with the introduction of cloud services is that there is no need for a dedicated external IP address. The main requirement in this case will be support by your registrar of P2P technology (must be specified upon purchase).
The princIPle of remote access to the surveillance system in this case consists in the constant connection of the recorder or camera with the cloud service and transferring data to it, while at any time you can connect to the system and watch what is happening online, or work with the archive. To do this, you just need to go to the service website from any device (or use a special application from the equIPment manufacturer) and enter the registrar’s identification number and password in the service authorization form. When registering separately in the cloud service, enter the data specified during registration. This method greatly simplifies the task for people who are not versed or who do not want to spend their time on setting up a router, obtaining an external permanent IP address, etc.
To configure the registrar, in most cases, it is enough just to go into its interface, and put a tick in front of the line “P2P” or “Cloud”, and that’s all. the equIPment is automatically connected to the native cloud service. And to start watching what is happening from the cameras remotely, we go from any device, and just enter our data into the service authorization form.
The main disadvantage of observing the cloud is the limitation of the connection speed, therefore there will be limitations on the bitrate of the stream, which will NOT have a positive effect on the image quality. Users of 3G modems will not even notice this, because the connection speed is already quite low, and is strictly limited by the parameters of the 3G standard.
We also invite you to familiarize yourself with our rating of cloud surveillance services:
Why do you need digital cameras?
IP cameras are required for surveillance. This smart device comes with its own software. It does NOT need a computer to function. The technique is recording:
- To an external computer hard drive, recorder connected to a router;
- To the cloud on the Internet;
- To a memory card connected to the camera.
Also, through the device, you can watch clIPs in real time over a network connection and over the Internet. Ease of use, the provided capabilities allow you to use the equIPment for surveillance in an office, apartment, warehouse. If the device is intended for recording on a recorder or a computer performing its functions, no auxiliary equIPment is required to start.
If you need to get remote access to the camera for viewing via the Internet, then it will need to be connected to a router. The best way to organize monitoring of a remote object is to configure the Camera-Router-Internet connection.
How to set up an IP camera?
There are many digital cameras on the market of modern technology, among which IP models stand out, showing good, high-quality pictures and recordings.
The devices have a number of positive qualities:
- Excellent data quality;
- The ability to control the camera remotely and adjust its position;
- Automatic software update;
- Simultaneous transmission of signal data from the audio system and
Settings via the utility
You will need to download the IP Utility program, install and open it. Now proceed to the settings of the ai pi cameras. For users, all actions and tIPs are presented in Russian. ALGorithm:
- In the list of devices, one finds the one that is being configured at the present time.
- By clicking on the Name required, the browser installed on the equIPment by default will start.
- Enter ah pi by entering a username and password. If you need already supplied data, then look at the instructions.
- Click on “basic settings”, then TCP / IP. Other options. sending a recording command while driving at the location of the surveillance system, frame rate, picture resolution. all functions are set to maximum values.
- Then they drive in the ai pi address of the registrar, computer or laptop and IP camera.
- Save the data by clicking on the OK button.
- The device will reboot with the already new address.
- When users are turned on, they drive in a new username, password and just added ai pi addresses.
- Now available.
If any combination was specified incorrectly, then you will have to repeat the settings procedure, so you need to write down the login and access code.
Axis IP Utility helps you manage only one list of camera addresses. You can add a new ai pi, change the existing one or remove it.
Axis IP Utility
The functionality of the application is limited. The main settings of the surveillance system are made via an Internet browser. After the device is configured, the utility can be deleted, it only helps to configure, but does not completely change the ai pi address, since each camera has its own typical interface.
All digital equIPment. cameras, routers, players, recorders is gradually being equIPped with browser-based technological settings.
After checking the camera for its functioning, you can connect to the selected external device. Will be automatically recorded on a laptop, computer or recorder.
The material describes in detail how to connect a digital camera to a computer or laptop, and also indicates which settings need to be entered so that it works in a local network and is accessible via an Internet connection. Some details on the technique of different developers may be slightly different, but the princIPle of installing the device is always the same.
At first glance, connecting technology looks complicated, but there is nothing to be afraid of. The main thing is not to make mistakes associated with the correct entry of addresses and ports. Here it is recommended to be extremely careful and rewrite all combinations, as well as to double-check the data already entered. This will prevent users from being reinstalled if a failure occurs.
Connecting and Setting Up a Digital Camera
You can connect digital equIPment using two different technological units. wired, wireless. Each installation has its own advantages and disadvantages. The wireless connection can work in hard-to-reach and remote places where the cable cannot be extended. The only drawback of this method is considered Possible failures that arise due to the presence of nearby devices that can interfere and distort information flowing to a central server.
A wired installation helps to obtain high-definition images without interruption. This is achieved thanks to the rigid connection. The choice depends on the specific model, port, interface to which it would be reasonable to connect the system. The wishes of the user are also taken into account. First, he must decide in what way the device will be connected, then he needs to purchase additional equIPment.
Direct installation can be done in one of the ways, a person chooses the scheme himself:
- Using an internet browser;
- With the help of a special utility, which is offered in one set with the surveillance system, it is quickly recognized by the interface;
- Through the cloud supported by manufacturers.
Connection diagram of an IP-camera to a router
As you can see in the diagram, all devices are connected to the router through a category 5 network wire (twisted pair) with an rj45 connector.
All the complexity of setting up an IP-camera comes down to at least two things:
- Determining the IP address of the camera;
- Change the IP address of all devices with a network interface, so that they are on the same network.
Example: Since we are using three devices in the diagram above. Bundle: camera, router, computer, then the IP-address looks like:
- Router. 192.168.0.254 mask: 255.255.255.0;
- PC. 192.168.0.99 mask: 255.255.255.0;
- IP camera. 192.168.0.100 mask: 255.255.255.0.
If everything is connected correctly, then a green light on the case will light up, the IP camera will make some movements. Wait for the device to stop and start adjusting the parameters:
- Includes the hardware on which Windows is installed;
- Click on “start” and click on “all programs”;
- Go to the “standard” section, click on “execute”, you can also do this by pressing the WinR keys;
- A line will appear in which you will need to enter “cmd” and confirm your action by clicking on the OK button;
- A window will pop up, in it you need to type “IPconfig” and call the Enter key;
- The user will be presented with data concerning network settings;
- Find the section “Local Area Connection” or “Ethernet adapter Local area”;
- The line of IPv4 addresses indicates the path that you need to write down or remember, it looks like 192.168.0.100;
- You will also need ai pi subnet masks, you can make it easier. do not close the window in order to later copy all the data from it;
- Insert the disc into the drive, which was included in the set with the camera, this is needed to install the software;
- If there is no disk, download it yourself from the Official developer page;
- Double click on the program to manage the system;
- They go to the settings or look for it in the interface, indicated in the search field the subnet address of the data that they learned earlier;
- The mask must be entered without changes 255.255.255.0;
- The address is formed on the basis of information from the computer, if ai pi is counted as 192.168.0.100, then the first three digits are left unchanged, the final ones indicate arbitrarily from 1 to 126, except for the values fixed by the accessories;
- Save all changed options;
- If the IP-camera asks for a username and password, then admin \ admin is automatically set or you can see it in the instructions;
- Then you need to reboot the device, click on the “open” button next to the Inner access field;
- The device will try to open through a single search engine, but it is recommended to use Internet Explorer. the creators set it by default;
- Click on the settings icon and go to the Wi-Fi settings;
- They browse active networks, click on their own and enter the access code;
- If the system is not found, print its name manually;
- Then they go to the network settings item and again check whether the ai pi and mask are the same as what they entered earlier;
- Confirm all changes, restart the computer and the device;
- When the computer turns on, turn on the browser and print the addresses of the camera in the form of 192.168.0.100:81 in the address line, where the last two digits are the port;
- If everything went well, a picture will appear on the equIPment.
The recording will go to the NVR hard drive.
How to check if the camera is working
After all the settings, you need to find out if everything is working well. Sequence of actions: open the search engine, in the top line print the IP-address of the camera, its port in the following format: “http: // IP-address of the camera: port”.
If the actions are carried out correctly, the monitoring system will show and when entering different ports into the top line, users will see an image broadcast from the device.
How to find the IP address of a surveillance camera?
Without this information, the camera cannot be connected to the Internet. There are several options for obtaining this information:
- From instructions.
- On the box of the device.
- Device sticker.
Sometimes addresses are prescribed only for a family, and not for a separate model. Then you need special software to accurately determine the characteristics of the camera. The best option is a proprietary application supplied in the kit. It’s easy to enter it.
Angry FE Scanner is a popular application for those who have problems implementing proprietary solutions. This development allows you to find out about the address of any device if it is connected to the local network.
One of the available options for solving the problem is using the command line. You need to use one of two commands:
After that, the user will see all the devices that have been connected. Adjustment is no problem.
This is the main component on the basis of which local networks are created. Connects existing equIPment to external channels. Example. internet.
- The IP camera itself.
- Software for viewing recorded information from various devices, including mobile phones, tablets.
Single camera connection
Connecting one device for recording is the easiest way to organize remote monitoring. In this case, the procedure is simple:
- Connecting the IP Camera to a Personal Computer.
After that, in the browser, you need to type the IP address assigned to the device. Sometimes it is indicated on the accompanying stickers, in most cases the information is given in the user manual. Otherwise, it is impossible to figure out how to configure IP cameras for viewing over the Internet.
- The network interface with settings appears in front of the user when he enters the desired address.
You must select the option to automatically obtain an IP address. Or, static information is registered manually. Login with a password for remote access is prescribed in the same part.
- Specify separately the port through which they access the World Wide Web.
The most common value is 80.
- When the required address is specified, the camera is disconnected from the Internet, connected to a personal computer.
- The browser can be viewed. Using any device. It is enough to first indicate the IP addresses, the port number itself goes through a colon.
The camera, router and recorder communicate with each other through this network. Let’s say a wired or wireless option for organizing such networks.
Setting up an IP camera for viewing over the Internet
Any IP camera is a network stand-alone device. Therefore, it is endowed with its own IP address, as mentioned earlier. Such addresses can be static or dynamic. There is no need for additional manIPulations if the address is dynamic. And when the service designated as DHCP was enabled on the router. The assignment of this parameter occurs automatically after connecting the main working elements, then they take the cable. Then the camera itself appears in the device list.
But most devices have a static view by default. It is highly likely that the numbers assigned to the equIPment do NOT initially match the range of addresses specific to the network. Then you need to change the designation. The laptop assumes the same rules.
Note! If you change the address, you cannot do without connecting to a computer.
First you need to find the Ethernet item, then go to the settings section. There the user selects the required combination of numbers for the IP address, which will be used in one case or another. The address itself and the subnet mask are written in the corresponding fields. If necessary, you can delete any information in the settings.
Observation of cloud services
The main difference is sending files directly to repositories located on the network. From there, viewing is allowed at any convenient time. To enable the function, the P2P camera itself or the recorder is sufficient. Device settings are displayed in the corresponding menus.
Services with storage space are paid, free. The main thing is to keep a static IP address.
Programs for viewing from a tablet or smartphone
In this case, you will NOT need any Special settings for the device itself. The most popular are the following three applications that solve the problem.
Supports both iOS and Android operating systems. It can work with 48 cameras simultaneously. Scaling function, convenient control are the main advantages of the application. Connecting the camera through it is as simple as possible.
Works with multIPle cameras at once, unites them into groups. The application supports recording information on the media. Images are easily scaled if desired. For quick access, updating the relevant information, it is allowed to install the widget. About 700 camera models supported.
- Tinycam Monitor Pro.
Supports up to 16 cameras simultaneously. Even work from cameras with MultIPle brands is supported. Multi-screens. Thanks to Convenient Management, settings are quickly transferred from one device to another. Data is written to the medium directly from the program. Images support digital zoom. It doesn’t matter which registrar is used.
Note! Working with any IP cameras around the world is an interesting application-specific feature. It will be especially easy if there is no login with a password in the device.
How to open a port to access an IP camera from the Internet?
Another question is remotely connecting the camera from an external network. To do this, you also need to perform several actions:
- To do this, the user must know his IP address on the Internet.
- Usually the information is seen on the status line in the router. The connection goes through it. Another option is special services like 2IP.Ru.
- A port must be opened on the router to allow access to the surveillance system from the outside.
By default, the web interface of the camera most often occupies port 80. The router interface belonging to a specific person can also be located there. But there is an easy way to resolve a conflict situation. For this, GoProsto use a different port, because the devices have this feature from the start. After that, you can always connect.
Note! An example is the TP-Link camera interface. In the section with the settings, you must sequentially open the Network-Information items. Otherwise, the connection cannot be established further.
On the next page, a parameter titled HTTP Port Number should appear in front of the user. A value of 80 is where the default checkbox is. It must be rearranged in the input field and then any free port must be registered there. Let’s use the existing value of 20,000. The changes must be saved, then the port number is added to the IP address to enter remote control.
The main thing is not to forget to visit the “Virtual Servers” section. In it, you also need to register the settings selected by the user for a specific situation. Otherwise, the connection will NOT work.
The demilitarized zone of the router is another entry option for those who failed with the previous solution. You need to find a section in the router settings, which is called DMZ. The function is turned on, put a tick in the appropriate place. After specifying the local IP for the equIPment, save the changes.
It performs several main tasks, including recording information on various media, signal processing, recording. For registrars, access to the network interface is important, otherwise the information will NOT be processed according to all the rules. The interfaces themselves are software or server.
In the case of software varieties, special software is installed on the PC. Usually it comes with the recorder itself, on a disk. With the server interface, just open the browser to view the recorded files. Many manufacturers have developed extensions to simplify the solution of the problem. Their representatives tell you how to connect a Wi-Fi camera to a computer.
An inexpensive IP camera with a similar matrix, like the previous 1.3 “CMOS camera with a resolution of 1.3 megapixels. It has a built-in IR illumination for night shooting, and a built-in lens with a focal length of 4 mm. The camera can be installed on a table, but in in our case, it would be more logical to mount it to the wall. This is one of the most acceptable budget options. Easily configured for transmission over the Internet.
Diagram of connecting a router to cameras
Let’s say you have two HD IP cameras. This means that you need a channel of at least 10 Mbps, but 15 Mbps is better. The provider will easily provide this for you, and the provider, most likely for a small fee, will provide you with a static address.
Now you need to configure the camera connection:
- Each camera will need its own port. This is what we must distribute in the router. We type in the address bar of the browser http://192.168.1.1 and get into the router menu.
- In the section, which is usually called Virtual Server or Routing, select the Add item and add an external network port, for example, 8082. Which redirects to the internal network 192.168.1.2. Specify the standard port everywhere 80. For the second camera we repeat the operation, but specifying the external port is already 8083, and the internal one is 192.168.1.3. If you subsequently add cameras, then add them in the same way. Save and reboot.
- Now you can see what we got. We turn on the remote computer and go to the first camera.
- Let’s say the provider gave you the address 220.127.116.11, then to get an image from the first camera, it is enough to enter http://18.104.22.168:8082 in the address bar of the browser and you will be taken to the page of the first camera. Go to the second camera in the same way. Browsers can be minimized halfway and there will be two images on the screen at the same time. Observe.
If you are uncomfortable messing with browsers, then you can install the free IP Camera Viewer program. It is somewhat primitive, but there are a huge number of viewers on the Internet, both for PC and Aplé, IPhone / IPad, Android, Windows Phone.
Convenient online surveillance via the Internet using cameras
- Application area
- Types of Internet Surveillance Organization
- The effect of connection speed on transmission quality
- Necessary equIPment
- Top Models
- Hikvision DS-2CD4012F-A
- Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-I
- Foscam kit
- Linovision 8HD-PoE
- The cost
Now we can talk about almost limitless possibilities of IP-broadcasts at an unusually low price. You can broadcast high-definition 1080p images to any corner of the planet, which is reached by the network of the Universal Mind.
And with the advent of 3G, it became unnecessary to look for an access point, you can see the picture where there is access to mobile communication. In addition, by using special software and a mobile phone, the surveillance system can be controlled, view archived records.
Advanced surveillance system Designed for 8 cameras HD Linovision IPC-V8232F-E. All signals from cameras are recorded on the Linovision NVR-9008C-P8 recorder. The system can connect to the Internet and broadcast from all eight cameras. For convenient GoPro viewing, you need to install the Pro Surveillance System application to view all cameras one by one or simultaneously, you can choose any combination for viewing.
If you are satisfied with the simplest monitoring system with one channel, then it is enough to purchase an IP camera. It can simply be connected to a router, and then it catches the image on remote computers.
Although this option will work, it is primitive and inconvenient. over, it will not allow broadcasting to mobile devices, except in Wi-Fi zones.
A slightly more interesting option is the implementation of services such as Ivideon. This service allows you not only to browse on various devices in Internet access zones, but also to watch the image on any smartphone or tablet via 3G mobile connection.
In addition, access to the archive of records will be organized on your page, which you can also browse anywhere in the world where the Internet is available or there is 3G coverage.
Launched Ivideon service
- Security surveillance of a house or apartment, as a rule, implies a security alarm system with cameras located in different zones of the home. In case of unauthorized access to the premises, the system sends a message to the phone. After which, having called the police, you can watch and listen to the online broadcast of what is happening in all camera viewing areas.
- Office monitoring. In addition to the fact that the surveillance system works as part of the security system, it can perform the functions of constant surveillance. What chef would NOT like to, while on vacation in Tahiti, from time to time virtually and unnoticed penetrate the office of his company and check how his native team is doing there? Is everything okay in my kingdom? The Internet monitoring system can handle this function.
- Supervision in childcare facilities and schools. A system that is not allowed in every school or kindergarten by the management. It allows you to monitor the learning process and your own child through any mobile or non-mobile device using specialized GoPro software. It’s hard to say how ethical it is, but such systems exist.
- Supervising the nanny. This is every mom’s dream. It often seems to them that the nanny can mock, beat the child, and prevent him from eating. Therefore, the mother will NOT get off her husband’s neck until he installs a surveillance system with access to a mobile phone or tablet.
- Supervising the housekeeper. It is especially important to install the system if you suspect that in your absence she is hosting parties, drinking your whiskey and wearing wife’s clothes.
This is already a small system that includes a Foscam FI9903P IP camera with infrared light, a TP-Link WR1043ND router and a USB 3G modem. All devices are already configured and coordinated with each other. The peculiarity of such a kit is that it can broadcast Not only because of the Internet, but also via 3G mobile communication channels.
If necessary, the set can be supplemented with three more cameras. The system can work with operating devices under Android OS, IPhone / IPAD, PC under Widows.
The effect of connection speed on transmission quality
It is believed that for transmission with a resolution of 640×480 and a frequency of 25 frames / sec, it is enough to have an Internet bandwidth of 0.5. 1 Mbit. If the speed of the networks is lower, then the image will crumble into squares, “freeze” and go into a black field.
But, in spite of the fact that the resolution of 640×480 is more or less acceptable for viewing by modern users, this quality is not good enough. They reason like this, they say, I bought the camera HD, then I want to watch it in HD. The modern Internet allows it. The stream rate in H.264 encoding with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 is about 5 Mbps per camera.
Types of Internet Surveillance Organization
There are two ways to organize Internet surveillance: rigidly through static IP addresses or through dynamic IP addresses, using peer-to-peer P2P communication:
- With a dedicated IP address, connecting is NOT difficult. The camera connects to a router or modem. On the computer, on the other hand, register the IP address to access the camera.
- Without a dedicated IP address, the situation is more complicated on the one hand, but on the other hand it will be more pleasant. You can use the iVideon service. The service allows you to connect an unlimited number of cameras, but only two are free. Works with any type of address.