Solution. Use a different network connection
If you have other network connections, try using them. Disconnect your Samsung TV from your current Wi-Fi and connect to a different network.
How to Fix Samsung TV Won’t Find or Connect to Internet Wi-Fi
Samsung is a household brand for many users. From mobile devices, wearable devices to smart TVs, Samsung is always the go-to choice for many users. However, some people reported that their Samsung TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi internet. This prevents them from streaming their favorite shows and movies on the Internet.
Solution. Update Samsung TV Firmware
To update the firmware of your Samsung Smart TV, have an empty and functional USB drive handy.
- Open any web browser on your computer.
- Go to https://www.Samsung.com/us/support/downloads/.
- Enter the TV model of your Samsung device.
- Select Download.
- Go to the folder with the file and extract the files to a USB drive.
- Connect USB to Samsung TV.
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote control.
- Go to Support.
- Select “Software Update”.
- Select By USB.
- Select OK.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Why did my Samsung TV stop connecting to Wi-Fi?
There are several reasons why your Samsung Smart TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi. You may be having problems with your network connection. This could be a problem with your router or modem. There might also be a problem with your network provider.
In some cases, your Samsung TV’s firmware may be out of date. There may also be a problem with your TV’s DNS setting. Some users encounter an error on their devices.
Solution. Reboot the router.
Wireless router / Freepik.com
How to fix my Samsung Smart TV not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Fortunately, there are ways to fix the Wi-Fi problem on your Samsung TV. Follow each solution below and check if the error persists.
Solution. Disconnect other devices connected to your Wi-Fi.
The more devices connected to your Wi-Fi network, the more competition for the signal. Try turning off Wi-Fi on your mobile devices and leaving only your Samsung TV connected. Check if the error persists.
Solution. restart your Samsung TV.
- The first thing you can do is restart your Smart TV.
- Turn on your Samsung TV for at least 5 minutes.
- Unplug the power cord while it is still plugged in.
- Wait at least 20 minutes.
- Now plug it back in and turn on the TV.
- Connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Algorithm for resetting settings and changing standards
On Samsung TVs, the reset is performed according to the following instructions:
- Plasma panel is connected to the network.
- Go to the main menu, press the “Info” button.
- Open a submenu, select the “Power” key.
- After that, access to the service menu opens, where they click on the “Option” section and press “Enter”.
- Go to the “Factory Reset” item, close the menu and turn off the device.
- After a while, turn on the TV again, re-configure it with a different network name and password.
If the reset process does not bring a positive result, two additional steps are performed:
- disable the DHCP option on the router, then manually change the value of the DNS server using the data 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124;
- indicate the WPA2-PSK authentication on the TV, the security type is AES;
- with a high ping, low quality of the connection, port forwarding on the router is made, the UDP protocol is selected, the incoming port is 9441;
- press Control, then Sub Option, then Mute Time;
- change the time to another channel 100 ms (instead of 600 ms corresponding to automatic settings);
- after change, connect.
Does the Samsung TV always support Wi-Fi?
Most of the later versions, in addition to inexpensive copies, are capable of connecting to the world wide web. To find out exactly if your TV supports this function, read the instructions. Information about the presence of a built-in module means that you will not have to buy it separately.
For more detailed information, go to the official website of Samsung, which contains information about the possibility of using the TV as a computer.
Doesn’t work after connecting to a wireless network
The problem lies in the incorrect configuration of the router. To configure, go into the control panel, open the DHCP tab, make sure that it is active. Also check the Security tab to see if client MAC filtering is enabled. If the function is active, proceed as follows:
- Disable filtering in the router settings.
- Add the MAC address of the TV to the whitelist of the router, thus allowing the connection of another device. To find out the address, go to “Support”, open “Contact Samsung” by clicking on the down arrow, find the necessary information.
- After adding the address to the whitelist, the device is rebooted by pressing the power button or disconnecting from the power.
Before everything worked, but now it has stopped
First, they find out whether the Internet works on other devices in the house, whether TV sees other networks, or does not see any, while other devices see all networks. If the TV cannot find any networks, there is a hardware error in the device.
To solve the problem:
How To Fix a Samsung TV that Won’t Connect to WiFi
- They check at what distance the router is located from the TV, if necessary, the distance is reduced.
- They try to reboot the router and TV, completely disconnecting from the network for 20-30 seconds.
- If it does not help, connect the cable from the router directly to the TV, manually enter the network values, try to connect. If the TV does not pick up the signal, then this indicates malfunctions in the work of the provider, breakdown of the Wi-Fi module.
- The next solution to the problem, if there is no access to the Internet, is to change the network channel, channel width, operating mode in the router settings.
Determining a malfunction of the built-in Wi-Fi module
The performance of the built-in Wi-Fi module is determined according to a certain scheme:
- Using a mobile phone, they find out if another device sees Wi-Fi. If you managed to access the Internet from the phone, but it does not work from the TV, then the adapter does not work in the receiver. To solve the problem, they turn to specialists.
- Having opened the main menu on the TV, go to the “Support” tab, then to “Contact Samsung”. Scrolling down the web page, they find a line with MAC addresses. If the field is empty, or you see symbols in the form of dashes or zeros, this means that the module does not work.
- If the module is working properly, it is recommended to reset the network settings.
Connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi: Why Sometimes It Won’t Connect and How to Troubleshoot?
Thanks to the Smart TV function in modern TVs, it became possible, in addition to watching TV programs, to go online. An internet connection is required to take full advantage of all the multifunctional device options.
Usually the issue is solved using a router, but it happens that the TV does not connect to Wi-Fi. Having dealt with the cause of the problem, in most cases they solve the problem on their own.
The main connection problems and how to solve them
If it was not possible to access the Internet, identify the reason for the lack of connection and eliminate the cause of the failure. The most common causes of problems are:
- incorrect configuration of network equipment;
- problem in setting up the receiver;
- problem with the distribution of the Internet from the provider;
- software malfunctions;
- failure in the settings of the Smart Hub program;
- weak signal.
There are simple, effective ways to solve problems.
- Reboot the TV and router. To do this, the devices are disconnected from the network, the adapter is turned on after 20-30 seconds. During this period, packets transmitting the Internet will be interrupted and the Internet will become available. The TV is turned on in a few seconds.
- Manual data entry. Open the Smart TV menu, go to the Wi-Fi connection settings and select manual input of the settings. Then fill in the fields “IP-address” and “Subnet mask”, setting the necessary parameters. In the “Gateway” column enter the name of the router.
- Changing the dynamic configuration of a network node. An unstable connection to the network when the server is overloaded is eliminated by designating your DNS servers in the appropriate settings (for example, 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52). The connection is made directly, bypassing the manufacturer’s options. DNS server addresses can be obtained from providers.
- Choosing a connection method. When disconnecting the TV from the Wi-Fi network, it is recommended to set the connection method using WPS technology. The option activated on the receiver and router allows you to reduce the time of connecting to the Internet, speeds up the connection to the network. If the WPS mode was used initially, the parameters are set manually.
Why does not it connect to the router, but the network sees?
If the connected TV receiver sees the network, tries to connect to it, but does not access the Internet, then the problem is with the provider or the router needs to be configured. To do this, perform certain actions:
- Reboot TV and router.
- Check if the password was entered correctly.
- Make sure that other devices (phone, laptop, tablet) connect to the home network without problems.
- Trying to connect the receiver to a different network.
- Change the security type to WPA2-PSK (Personal) in the router menu, setting in English letters. The network function mode is set mixed (b / g / n) or Only n. Channel and channel width values are set to “auto”.
- Disable the WPS function.
- Settings save, try to connect.
Resetting network settings on the TV
To reset the system settings on Smart TV, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Turn off the TV.
- Open the system settings menu. To do this, you need to press a combination of buttons on the remote control in the following sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power.
- TV service menu will open.
- Go to the “Option” tab and press “Enter”.
- Use the “Factory Reset” function.
- To close the service menu, just turn off the TV.
- Start the TV and check if it picks up the wireless internet connection.
What if the settings are reset, but the TV still does not see the network? To solve this problem, you need to perform additional steps:
- manually change the DNS values. The following parameters must be set: 8,8,4,4 or 8,8,8,8. First go to the router settings to deactivate the DHCP option;
- Use the RF Mute Time menu to select the Auto Channel Advance menu. The default is 600 ms, change this value to 100 ms.
Check if the TV is now looking for wireless networks.
The router is incorrectly configured
In some situations, the TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi due to incorrect router parameters. To configure your device, open the control panel. To do this, you need to enter the appropriate combination of numbers in the address bar of the browser. For details on the process of opening the main menu of the router, see the user manual.
To change the settings of the TP-Link router, go to the “DHCP” section. Check if the DHCP server is actually activated and functioning correctly. If you disable this option earlier, then the TV and other devices connected to the home network will not be automatically assigned an IP address. It is impossible to achieve good routing without automatic IP configuration.
Samsung TV Not Connecting to Wifi | Samsung Smart TV Wifi Problems
Go to the “Security” section in the router settings. Disable client MAC filtering if this feature was enabled by default. On Asus, D-Link, TP-Link, Huawei routers and devices from many other manufacturers, you can whitelist the device’s MAC address. What does it do? In the future, devices added to this list will not be blocked. Therefore, communication through the router will be correct.
How do I find the MAC address of my TV? All necessary information is displayed in the settings. The exact path varies depending on the vehicle manufacturer. Let’s consider some of the most popular options:
- Samsung: Go to Settings, then to the Support section and select Contact Samsung. Click on the down arrow and then select “Wireless MAC Address”.
- LG: Open the settings and go to the “Support” section. Click the Product Information tab. This is where the MAC address will be indicated.
- Philips: Go to settings and select “Install”. Then you need to select “Configure the network manually”. You need the command “View network settings”.
If you change the network settings of your router or add the TV’s MAC address to the whitelist, reboot the router for the changes to take effect. Reboot is carried out from the “System” tab. Alternatively, press and hold the power button of the router.
If you tried to connect the TV to your home wireless network by entering the password manually, then it also makes sense to try another method of setting up an Internet connection. WPS. Wi-Fi Protected Setup technology. allows you to quickly set up the Internet on your TV. However, this mode must also be enabled on the router. This can be done through system settings or by clicking on the appropriate button. It is located on the body of the router.
To access the web-based interface of the router, find the sticker with the corresponding information, turn the router over. Enter the IP address in the address bar, and then log in to the control panel by entering your username and password. Click the “WPS” tab to activate this mode. Connect quickly to your home network in just a few minutes.
What if earlier the WPS mode worked correctly, but later the TV stopped connecting to the home network? Enter all the required information manually. To connect to a hidden point, you need to enter not only the security password, but also the network name. SSID. TVs with older versions of the operating system do not always support the search for hidden wireless networks. Therefore, before updating the software, remove the hidden network names in the router settings.
Why TV Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi. Troubleshooting
Setting up wireless Internet access on TV does not take much time. Mostly, users only need a few minutes. However, what if the TV does not connect to the Wi-Fi router? First you need to diagnose the cause of the malfunction, and then carry out the restoration.
Why isn’t Wi-Fi working on my TV? There are several reasons. We will thoroughly analyze the problems faced by users, and then offer the best solution. Basically, the connection is configured by changing the system parameters.
Built-in Wi-Fi is defective
To determine why the TV is not connecting to the Internet, you need to check if the equipment supports Wi-Fi. If the model does not support Wi-Fi, then buy a special adapter. It is desirable that the TV and external Wi-Fi module are from the same manufacturer, otherwise there may be compatibility problems.
If the TV supports a wireless connection and everything worked correctly, but then the connection was lost, then the hardware Wi-Fi module is out of order. Diagnostics is carried out according to a similar principle, but there are still certain differences. Take an LG TV as an example:
- First you need to check if the TV connects to other wireless networks. For example, if the device does not detect any other available connections at all, the module is most likely damaged.
- Open the settings, and then go to the “Support” section. Open detailed information about TV. In the line with the addresses, pay attention to the symbols. If the address consists of zeros, then this indicates a malfunction of the module.
It is extremely difficult to fix a hardware malfunction on your own. This requires special equipment. It is more rational to contact the service center so that the engineers normalize the work of TV.
Experts recommend using a USB cable to keep the adapter and TV within a certain distance. Connecting in this way minimizes interference that degrades reception quality. As a result, the speed of the Internet connection will noticeably increase.
We’ve talked about potential compatibility issues earlier. Therefore, open the instructions for your TV, and see which devices your model supports. Information about supported external adapters can also be found on the official portal of the TV manufacturer.
Router location problem
Disruptions in connecting to a Wi-Fi router can occur due to a weak signal. If possible, move the router as close to the TV as possible. In order for the router to see TV, you need to remove all obstacles that attenuate the signals: large indoor plants, furniture, household appliances. What if the TV and router are in different rooms? The walls also block radio waves. Therefore, it is advisable to arrange the equipment in one room.
To improve the signal quality and speed of the Internet connection, you need to place the router on a hill. For example, you can place the hotspot on a large cabinet or hang it over a door. If it is not possible to change the location of the router, an additional antenna is connected to it to increase the power. As a result, the signal quality will increase markedly. The signal quality directly depends on the RF gain of the antenna.
Sometimes the TV does not see the router due to the fact that interference is created by other household appliances: a refrigerator, a microwave oven. This point is also worth taking into account. Place your equipment so that it does not interrupt your Internet connection.
For the TV to work correctly, you need to install system updates in a timely manner. Otherwise, various problems will arise. It is possible that the TV will stop seeing the home network. How to update the software component of smart TV? The algorithm will differ depending on which manufacturer’s equipment you are using. Let’s consider the most popular options.
LG TVs are updated according to the following algorithm:
- Go to the manufacturer’s official website.
- In the “Search” column, you need to register the TV model.
- Go to the “Support” tab.
- Open the subsection “Software”.
- Download the latest system update package.
- The downloaded files need to be moved to a special folder.
- Copy the directory containing the firmware files to a USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV.
- The TV operating system will request a software update.
- Agree and start installing software components.
Samsung TVs are updated a little differently:
- Turn on the TV.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Support” section.
- Open the “Firmware Update” tab.
- Select the “Update Now” command.
- It will automatically search for a new system update package.
- The system will make a request to install a new firmware version, click “OK”.
- The process of installing system files will start.
- After the installation is complete, the TV will automatically reboot.
If Samsung Smart TV is not updated via the Internet, you can also install the new firmware using a USB flash drive or external hard drive:
- Go to the website of the manufacturer.
- Download the latest update package for your TV.
- Insert the USB stick to the USB connector of your laptop or computer.
- Format with FAT32.
- We transfer the downloaded system files to the USB flash drive.
- Click “Extract”.
- Once unpacking is complete, safely remove the USB stick.
- Insert the USB stick into the TV USB socket.
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the “Support” section.
- Switch to the “Software Update” tab.
- Choose “Update Now”.
- Confirm OS upgrade when prompted.
- Smart TV will detect the firmware version that is loaded on the USB stick.
- Click “Update” and wait until the installation of the new firmware is complete.
When the installation is complete, the TV will reboot.
Solved: Samsung Smart TV Stopped Connecting to Internet (Wi-Fi & Ethernet)
I am trying to fix my parent Samsung F6500 TV, which stopped connecting to the internet after a few weeks. Here’s my diagnosis: The TV does not connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet through its regular ISP. When I use my 4G phone as hotspot, the TV connects normally.
These are the solutions I’ve already tried, but they didn’t work:
I have no options and Smart Hub is useless now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old TV stuck? Here’s how to connect a non-smart TV to Wi-Fi
At Allconnect, we work hard to deliver quality content while respecting copyright. While this post may contain suggestions from our partners, we are of our own. This is how we make money.
Make sure you have sufficient download speed.
Most streaming services recommend download speeds of around 5Mbps for smooth, unbuffered HD streaming. an easily achievable goal for most homes. That being said, the more devices using your connection at the same time, the higher speeds you will need. If you are not sure what speed you currently have, use our speed test below to find out.
Pro Tip. For best results, use an Ethernet cable to connect your router or modem directly to the device before running the test.
Use an Ethernet cable whenever possible.
Although wireless connections have improved dramatically in recent years, Ethernet cables still provide more reliable connections in most homes. But since they connect to your wireless router, your TV must be relatively close to the router in order to use a wired connection. Of the four mainstream streaming devices, only the Apple TV has an Ethernet port on all of its models. For Amazon Fire TV Sticks and Google Chromecast, you’ll have to purchase an adapter separately, while Roku only includes one in the most expensive model. You can read more about choosing the right Ethernet cable in our guide here.
Tips for Making the Most of Your Internet Connection
Connecting the TV to the Internet. this is just the first step towards smooth streaming, we also recommend taking the following steps to ensure that the horrible buffering wheel never gets in the way of watching movies.
Possible problems with connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
I think it will not be superfluous to consider the most popular problems and solutions that may arise in the process of connecting the TV to the Internet via a wireless network.
- The TV has no wireless settings. I already wrote about this above in the article. Most likely, your Samsung TV model does not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. Your model may support the connection of an external receiver. It looks something like this: But it is better to check this information with the support of Samsung.
- The TV does not see the Wi-Fi network. This problem is rare. Perhaps, in the place where the TV is installed, it does not catch a single wireless network. This needs to be verified from another device. You also need to remember that not all TVs can connect to Wi-Fi networks at 5 GHz. By the way, if your TV does not see Wi-Fi networks only at 5 GHz, then try the solutions from this article: why Smart TV TV does not see Wi-Fi at 5 GHz.
- An error appears when connecting to a wireless network. The first step is to reboot the router (by turning it off for a minute) and try to re-establish the connection. Make sure you enter the correct Wi-Fi password. If you forgot your password, then try to remember it according to this instruction. The password must be at least 8 characters long for Samsung TV to connect to Wi-Fi. Try connecting the TV to a different network. So we can figure out what the problem is. In the TV itself, or on the side of the router.
- The TV is connected to Wi-Fi, but the internet is not working. There can be many reasons. I recommend that you first check if the Internet works on other devices that are connected to the same network. If it does not work, look for a malfunction on the side of the router, or the Internet provider. If it works on other devices, try on a Samsung TV, in the properties of the Wi-Fi network, register static DNS. In the settings, open the “Network Status” item and select “IP Settings”. Then “Configure DNS”. “Enter manually” and enter 184.108.40.206. Click “Finish”
- If you have any connection problems, you can try to reset the network. This will restore the factory settings of the network. After selecting this item, you need to confirm the reset. Nothing bad will happen. The TV will disconnect from Wi-Fi. You need to re-enter the password when connecting.
I will be glad to answer your questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев. If you have any questions. write. Don’t forget to share article information. Perhaps I missed something, or I was wrong somewhere. Always ready to correct or supplement the article.
How to connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi?
After purchasing a Samsung smart TV, the first step is to connect it to the Internet. In this article, I will show you how to connect your Samsung Smart TV to a Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, Smart functions will not be available. The menu itself will open and function, but we will not be able to watch videos, download sites, install applications, etc. All modern Samsung TVs are connected to the Internet both using a network cable and Wi-Fi (via a router).
If you have a TV with Smart TV, then it definitely has the ability to connect to the Internet using a network cable. The TV has a LAN input. How to make such a connection, I wrote in the article connecting a Samsung Smart TV to the Internet via a network cable. And if you have the opportunity to connect the Internet via cable, and not via Wi-Fi, then it is better to use a cable. The cable connection will be faster and more stable. This is very important for the TV. If the router is installed far from the TV and there is no way to stretch the cable, then we will connect the Samsung TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi. The wireless connection speed is sufficient for most tasks. Of course, a lot depends on the speed of the Internet connection (tariff) and the router. If the TV supports Wi-Fi 5 GHz (802.11c standard), and your router is dual-band (distributes Wi-Fi at 5 GHz), then it is better to connect to this network.
Samsung Smart TV Won’t Connect to Wifi Fix it Now
If you are confident that your Samsung TV has built-in Wi-Fi, then you can proceed to setup. If you are not sure, it is better to check right away. You can see the characteristics of the TV on the manufacturer’s official website. There this function is referred to as “Built-in wireless network support”.
It is a pity that the site does not indicate the Wi-Fi standards that the TV supports. One could immediately see if there is support for the 5 GHz band (802.11ac standard). There are just models of TVs with Smart TVs (mostly old models) that do not have a built-in Wi-Fi module. And you can connect them to Wi-Fi only through a proprietary Samsung USB adapter, or by cable. But, since it is almost impossible to find this adapter now, you can use a router or repeater as an adapter (receiver). I talked about this in this article: how to connect a TV without Wi-Fi to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Almost every modern Samsung TV with Smart TV Wi-Fi has a built-in.
What to do if your Samsung TV won’t connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
Thanks to setting up an Internet connection, the Smart TV platform has become extremely popular. Mostly users buy devices that support this function. However, what if the Samsung TV won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Why this problem appears and how can it be solved?
There are several types of faults. For example, the TV does not see the router, or the desired network is detected, but the TV device does not connect to it. Now let’s analyze the failures in the wireless connection to the Internet.
Very often, connection problems arise through the fault of the user. Not everyone knows how to connect a TV to a home network.
Broken Wi-Fi adapter
To determine the probable cause of a malfunctioning wireless module, inspect the TV for mechanical damage. Check device performance and health.
Not all Samsung TVs are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter. Therefore, check if the required module is present. All information is indicated in the user manual and technical specifications. You can always get an external adapter for later setting up a connection to a Wi-Fi network. It plugs into the USB interface.
If the TV is equipped with a built-in module, then the functionality of the hardware component is checked as follows:
- Try connecting to your home network from your smartphone or tablet. If it fails to connect from another device, it means that the built-in Wi-Fi module is not working. Contact the specialists so that they can solve the problem.
- Open the main menu on your TV by clicking on the “Support” option. Now select “Contact Samsung”. Scroll down the web page. The corresponding numbers will be indicated in the MAC address line. If the combination consists of zeros or dashes, then the module is faulty.
Sometimes Samsung TV does not connect to the Internet due to incorrect settings that were set by the user. They can be reset. How to do it? Find out now.
Possible problems and solutions
Why won’t the TV connect to my home network? There are many reasons. Sometimes it is extremely difficult even for a professional technician to determine the cause of the failure. Let’s consider the main prerequisites for the emergence of problems with the Internet:
- the network equipment is configured incorrectly;
- Smart TV settings are incorrectly set;
- problems with the operating system of the TV;
- problems with the provider;
- weak signal.
To quickly understand why the Internet is not working, take a look at this table, which contains the main reasons for the lack of connection and how to fix the failures.
Turn off the router and TV, and then turn it on again; reset network settings; install operating system updates.
The user is connecting to a different Wi-Fi network
Go back to the network settings section and then select the name of your home network
Re-enter the security code in the appropriate field
Incorrect operation of the dynamic configuration of the network node
Configure automatic assignment of DNS values and IP address settings. Go to “Network”, then to the “Network Status” tab. Select “Configure IP” and then set the value to “Obtain Automatically”. The problem persists? Enter the settings manually: IP, mask, gateway, DNS. this information is provided by the provider.
Software glitch and system errors in the TV
The issue is fixed by updating the firmware
In order for the router to distribute a signal without errors or failures, place the router as far away as possible from sources that emit electromagnetic waves: cordless phones, microwave ovens and other devices.
Connecting Samsung TV to the Internet via Wi-Fi is not much different from connecting devices released by other popular manufacturers. The only difference is the different names of the subsections of the main menu.
Resetting TV and router settings
Resetting the network parameters is quite simple. As an example, let’s take a look at the step-by-step instructions for Samsung Smart TV:
- Turn on the TV device.
- Press the buttons quickly in the appropriate sequence: Info, Menu, Mute, Power to open the system menu.
- Select the “Option” section by pressing the Enter button.
- Activate the “Factory Reset” function.
- Turn off the TV to close the service menu.
Turn on the TV and re-configure the device, having previously changed the name of the home network and the password to it.
If you still can’t connect to Wi-Fi, do the following:
- manually change the DNS value to parameters: 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168. First you need to disable the “DHCP” option on the router;
- open the main menu, and then the section “Control”, switch to the subsection “Sub Option”, and then to the tab “RF Mute Time”. Set the frequency with which you will switch to the next TV channel (you need to specify the time in milliseconds). Initially set to 600 milliseconds.
If you are still not connected to the network via Wi-Fi, you need to reset the router settings. It is very easy to do this, but you should only do it if you are sure that you can configure it again. When turning on the router, press and hold the WPS / Reset button (about 10 seconds) until the SYS indicator starts flashing quickly. Release the button and wait for the device to roll back to the basic parameters.
Quick guide for connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi
To determine the causes of problems with connecting to wireless networks, you must first carefully study the main features of configuring the Wi-Fi interface. It cannot be ruled out that the TV is not connected to the router due to incorrect user actions. Follow the simple instructions:
- Turn on the router.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu of the TV.
- Go to the “Network” subsection, and then select “Network Settings”.
- Choose the best connection method. “Wireless Connection”.
- Connect to your home wireless network.
- Enter your password and click “OK”.
The step-by-step guide clearly demonstrates that connecting to the Internet via Wi-Fi is a very simple and straightforward process. Users shouldn’t have any problems.
What to do if the Internet was there, but then stopped working? It is necessary to determine the cause of the failure. Based on this, remedial measures are determined.
Changing the location of the router
What to do if the TV does not see the router or the Internet periodically disappears. The signal quality directly depends on the distance between the TV and the router. Walls, furniture. all these are obstacles that negatively affect the quality of the connection.
Therefore, if the TV does not find your home network, then try placing the router a little closer. This applies to cases when the TV and the router are in different rooms, which are separated by a large corridor.
After changing the location of the router, the TV will see the home network. The user does not have to look for alternative ways to solve this problem. The solution is very simple and does not require any special skills.
In order for Smart TV services to function correctly and without any disruptions, you need to update the software in a timely manner. There are 2 main methods for updating the operating system firmware: via the Internet or using a flash drive. Step-by-step instructions for installing updates on Samsung TV from a USB flash drive:
- Open the official web portal of the manufacturer.
- Enter the model name of the device you are using in the search bar.
- Switch to the “Support” tab.
- Go to the “Software” section.
- Select the latest firmware from the drop-down list.
- Follow the link to download the update files.
- Create a folder “Samsung_dtv”, and then upload the downloaded files there.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB connector of the TV.
- The system will automatically offer to install system updates.
- Click on the “Run” button.
Never turn off the TV until the update installation process is complete. It is advisable to use an uninterruptible power supply. Since voltage drops cannot be ruled out.
Now you know what to do if Wi-Fi is missing on your Samsung TV. If the TV device stops picking up the signal or the Internet speed is very poor, use one of the listed solutions.
If the user connected an external Wi-Fi adapter, and the TV does not see the device, then this indicates a compatibility problem. To avoid such difficulties, buy only branded devices. It is advisable to purchase a device from the same company as the TV.