What to do if the WhatsApp screen is missing on Android
The WhatsApp mobile application is one of the most common and popular network calls and correspondence. Long.term history and many updates, unfortunately, do not save it from some problems that users face around the world. One of these problems. the WhatsApp icon on the Android screen disappeared. this sometimes happens, even when the application itself is still on the phone. In this material, we will try to find the reason and solution of this problem.
The main reasons for the missing icon are two: the user deleted the icon and the icon disappeared himself.
How the user could delete the icon? For example:
- Wiping the screen with a napkin and making one awkward movement, brushed the icon from the desktop;
- By accident, deleting a lot of applications, mechanically or missing, deleted whatsApp at the same time;
- Having discharged the smartphone to factory settings;
- Having made a flashing device.
And how could the icon be a gap itself? Rarely, but aptly icon disappears after large updates. Sometimes it happens.
The most unpleasant option is the loss of Watsap after 120 days of inaction (when the user did not enter the application). In this case, the account itself is removed.
However, even with this development of events, you can restore WhatsApp on Android by number. and all locally saved content will remain on the phone, will not disappear anywhere.
How to restore the icon
If you could not find the icon, then first reboot the phone. Spontaneously moving away, and after a smartphone that appears after rebooting, the icon, in this case, can be explained by glitches due to a crowded memory.
To correct and reduce such cases, it is recommended to clean the cache: the “settings” of the phone. “applications and notifications”. “information about applications”. “Google Play Market”. “storage”. “clean the cache”. ok.
If rebooting or cleaning did not help, then the application menu will help (let’s hope).
From the application menu
- Open the menu on the phone with all programs;
- We find whatsApp in it;
- We hold the application icon until it moves freely;
- We drag it to the desktop.
However, it is not always possible to resort to this simple method. For example, if the application was deinstalized and it is really absent on the device (and not just its icon). in this case, re.installation will be required.
Using a re.installation of a messenger
To fully restore WhatsApp on Android phone with all correspondence, you need a backup copy.
Local backups are saved on the phone automatically every day at 2 a.m. Cloud copies are preserved with the period given by the user.
Installation of the WhatsApp messenger
That is, local copying will work regardless of you, but cloud backup must be configured. How to do it:
- In WhatsApp, click the “Other options” button (three points).
- Go to “Settings”.
- After the Chats.
- Further in the “Reserve Copy of Chats”.
- And finally in a “backup on Google Disk”.
- Choose a copy frequency. any different from “never”.
- Select Google Account for which copies will be recorded. Restoration will go from him.
Sometimes, if the WhatsApp account is not connected with Google’s error. In such cases, you should first add it through the “Add account” button. After you can continue.
When repeated installation of the application, we indicate the previous number and click “Restore” when we are asked.
Recovery from a local copy occurs in the same way. using the “Restore” button. The only difference is that local copies are stored on a particular device, so if we changed the smartphone, then the old Watsap data will be not available to us.
The convenience of a cloud copy is that you can restore WhatsApp from it even on an old phone, at least on a new.
How to restore WhatsApp if you lost or stole the phone (no number)?
In the case of the loss of a mobile device, first of all, the SIM card should be quickly limited. For this you need:
The restoration of the messenger from another phone is performed in two ways:
- In the first case, you can restore the SIM card with an old number and activate the program with its help.
- In the second option, you need to send a letter to WhatsApp e.mail with the heading “lost/stolen: deactivate my account”, and indicate the old phone number in the international format in the text. After that, you can activate the Watsapp account with new data.
If a reserve copy of the chats was saved on the Google disk for Android or iCloud, then it will be possible to restore these correspondence for a new account.
How to restore WhatsApp account after removing the account?
The restoration of the WhatsApp account after removal is impossible. This function irrevocably deleys all the saved data, including backups of chats from the Google disk or iCloud. In the case of removal, you cannot restore access to it.
To restore WhatsApp on a new phone with an old number, first of all you need to download the application via Play Market or Application store, depending on the device platform. Next, activate the program and restore chats through a backup from the Google disk or iCloud.
Return WhatsApp to the screen home
Messenger WottsAP is popular with subscribers thanks to a convenient integration and the ability to make calls for free and send messages. The user, who first installed the program, may experience difficulties when using the service. For example, not all users know how to install a short access to VOTSAP on the screen of a mobile device. Among the options that simplify the work with the application, you can also note the creation of shortcuts, thanks to which the owner of a smartphone can quickly find the desired chat. How to display the WhatsApp icon on the phone’s screen below.
As soon as the user performed all the steps of installing the VOTSAP application, the label of quick access to the service will automatically arise on the screen. After pressing the icon, the user enters the messenger, gets access to chats with persons from the list of contacts.
If the icon is accidentally removed from the base screen, this does not indicate the removal of the program. Only the opportunity to quickly go to the application is destroyed by clicking the WhatsApp symbol. To return the icon to the starting position, it is recommended to restart the device by pressing the power button.
If, after rebooting, the symbol of the messenger did not appear in the same place, you should use the smartphone parameters menu. First you need to make sure that the application was not deactivated. If warning from the messenger continues to occur on the panel at the top of the screen, this indicates the work of the program in normal mode. To restore the brief access icon, you need to open the application block, find the WhatsApp symbol and drag the icon onto the main screen.
If the proposed methods have not led to the desired result, the user should clean the smartphone cache. Such radical actions allow you to overcome quite serious obstacles in the work of the service, although they do not guarantee success. In particular, the cleaning of the cache usually helps with an emergency stop of the messenger.
To clean the cache memory, you need to turn off the device, then simultaneously press the connection and sound control keys. Inside the opened list of actions, you should choose Clear Cache. Make sure that at the same time the factory settings of the Factory Reset will not be made, since for some models these functions are combined.
If the model of the smartphone does not allow the cache total cleaning, the program is recommended and re.installation using the Google Play or App Store app store.
There is an alternative method for the Samsung smartphone that allows you to add a totsap label to the main screen. In the parameters of the smartphone, you need to go to the block “Blocking screen” block, then contact the “Labels” section. Here the user will be able to replace one of the icons set by default with a symbol.
How to fix a chat label on a phone screen
In order not to miss the necessary messages, the user must separate the main chats from secondary. For accelerated access to the most important chats from the messenger, you can fix the icon of such a conversation on the main screen of the smartphone. Recommended procedure:
- Open the application.
- Select and highlight a long press an important conversation.
- Go to the menu by pressing three points at the top of the screen.
- Activate the line “Add the icon to the screen”.
- Confirm the choice.
After performing these actions, you can view this dialogue without contacting WhatsApp. Such an option is available only for smartphones on the Android platform. If problems arise, the user should contact the technical support service of the Vatzapa messenger.
The icon on the iPhone is gone? Reload the device!
Universal solution, absolutely any problem related to iOS. If icon disappears on the iPhone, rebooting will not always help (unfortunately), but it is very simple and does not take much time.
We will not talk about how to restart the iPhone, since in fact everyone knows how it is done. For those who started using Apple products relatively recently, we will leave the screenshot with a brief instruction below and also offer to familiarize yourself with the article: how to restart the iPhone.
Check if access to certain applications is limited
Another reason why the icon on the iPhone may be the abyss is the application limit. I will immediately note that if the application is really limited, you cannot find it using the search, exactly how to use it. To check the presence of restrictions on the device:
If the restrictions are included, you will be invited to enter a password. I hope you were the one who installed this password to begin with. Enter the password and see which applications or functions were limited.
Click on the switch next to each element to turn off the restriction, and the application should appear again on the main screen.
Please note that only the following applications can be limited: Safari, Camera, Facetime, iTunes Store, iBooks Store, Podcasts and News.
How to restore WhatsApp on Android after removal
WhatsApp messenger is a free program for communication and exchange of information. The number of users of the application has already exceeded 2 billion. WhatsApp is used for correspondence with friends, sending photos, videos and electronic documents. The files sent are stored in the folder on the smartphone. If the user deliberately or accidentally deleted WhatsApp, along with the application from the phone, all contents of the chats will disappear. By negligence, you can lose important documents or your favorite photos. Fortunately, most dialogs can be returned.
Loss of access to the WhatsApp account occurs under different circumstances. The main reasons for the removal of the messenger from the memory of the smartphone:
- Erasing the program due to a random click on the button;
- installation of a damaged or inappropriate version of the messenger;
- incorrect updating of the smartphone operating system;
- Replacing the old gadget with a new model.
If WhatsApp was removed by chance, you need to reinstall the messenger as soon as possible. The sooner the user return the program to the phone, the more chances to restore lost information.
Removal of WhatsApp from the phone
How to restore a remote messenger
After installing the messenger, the user must create an account, fill out a personal page, then you can start communication. In order to restore the application with the previous data after removal, three actions need to be performed:
There is no difficulties when installing the application. However, when registering and downloading copies of chats, problems may appear. How to successfully overcome all the stages of recovery, we will analyze further.
Restoration of the application icon
On the desktop of some smartphones with Android OS there are tabs. If the WhatsApp icon disappears from the usual place, you need to open the “Everything” tab with the labels of all installed applications. The following actions:
- In the lining list, find the WhatsApp icon.
- Tap the icon and do not let go of your finger for a few seconds.
- Pull the icon to the side and transfer to the desired desktop.
If there is no general tab with labels and there was no WhatsApp icon on the desktop, then the application is deleted. For the label to appear, you need to install the messenger again.
Return of the application
The new version of the WhatsApp messenger for phones with Android OS can be downloaded from the Google Applications online store Market. To immediately go to the download page, from the list of programs on our site, select the suitable version of WhatsApp and click “Download”. After switching to the loading page to Google Market:
- Click on the “Install” button.
- If necessary, enter your login and password from the Google account.
- Wait for the completion of the download and installation of the program.
If the installation was successful, the WhatsApp shortcut will immediately appear on the smartphone desktop.
Restoration of the account
At the first entrance to the WhatsApp application, the user must go through the registration procedure. The created account must be tied to the phone number. When removing the messenger from a smartphone, the subscriber’s personal page remains active. To restore access to the account:
- Download and install WhatsApp.
- Enter the application and start the registration procedure.
- Enter the phone number that was indicated when registering last time.
- Wait for the receipt of the response SMS with the access code.
- Wait for automatic code loading into the registration form.
- Complete the creation of the account, following the instructions on the display.
At the next entrance to the messenger, you will be in your old account. Whether correspondence will be preserved depends on backup settings. How to restore the remote WhatsApp on Android along with chats, is told in the next paragraph.
Attention! You can return the account and chats if the previous phone number was used during repeated registration. SIM card should be active. If the SIM card was lost or deactivated, the account will not work.
In WhatsApp only its participants have access to the contents of the chat. The developers of the application of access to correspondence do not have, the messages are stored on WhatsApp servers only until the delivery.
Responsibility for long.term data storage is assigned to users themselves. Subscribers are offered 2 options:
If the phone is connected to the Internet, local copies are created daily. Automatic formation and preservation of the archive occurs at 1-2 in the morning in local time. Local copy shelf life. 1 week. On the 8th day, the archive is removed without the possibility of recovery.
The frequency of creating backup copies can be selected in the messenger settings. Procedure:
- Click on the “Three Points” icon on the main page WhatsApp.
- In the new menu, select “Settings” item.
- Go to the “Chat” tab, then to the “Reserve copy of the chats” tab.
- Set the backup and Settings parameters Google disk.
The user selects the duration of storage of files in the cloud service independently. The maximum shelf life is 100 years.
You can download a backup copy of dialogs only when reinstalling the application. Procedure:
- Wait for the WhatsApp installation to complete and open the messenger.
- Accept the rules for using the service.
- Enter the previous phone number, follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the messenger offers to find a backup, click on “Next”.
- Select the proposed backup, click “Restore”.
- After loading the archive, press “Next” and complete the account registration.
If the user did not change the smartphone and did not configure the backup, when the WhatsApp is repeated, the latest local copy will be loaded. If the local copies are not preserved, the WhatsApp on the phone will not work out in full at Android in full. The owner of the smartphone will be able to use the old account, but the tab with chats at the first launch of the messenger will be empty.
HitsApp account recovery by phone number
Free access recovery
A few years ago, whatsApp abolished all paid options. Now the installation of the application, the creation of an account and uploading backups. free services.
How to restore WhatsApp on a new smartphone with an old number
If the user wants to transfer the WhatsApp account and all the chats to the new smartphone, you need to perform the following:
- Download and install WhatsApp on a new device.
- At the first entrance to the application, indicate your old phone number.
- Select and upload a backup from the Google disk repository.
- Complete registration, following the display tips.
If there is no backup, on the phones with Android OS, you can carry out the transfer of local copies. Steps sequence:
Copy and restore WhatsApp on iPhone
Now let’s find out how to restore WhatsApp on the iPhone phone. As you already know, there the data reserve is created in the ICLOUD storage. To do this, do this:
Here you can configure the automatic creation of a reserve. We talked in detail about transferring chats from iPhone to iPhone here.
When the copy on ICLoud is ready, you can restore WhatsApp on the phone after deleting. Remove the application on the old iPhone. And download the messenger from the App Store to install on a new phone.
Then the standard procedure for authorizing and confirming the number. The messenger will ask if you are going to restore the remote WotSAP. You just have to agree and wait until the backup is loading.
Whatsapp disappeared & app missing from home screen android icon missing on android phone
Difficulties and problems
Sometimes, when recovering, failures may occur and an incorrect action will occur, which will not allow the restoration in full. Let’s look at a few reasons:
- Internet. If the connection is unstable and constantly interrupted, then you must connect to Wi-Fi to avoid difficulties.
- Memory. Check if your storage is filled and there is a place to install past data. This is important because some fragments can not recover.
- Authorization in Google disk or ICLOUD DRIVE. Since the backup is saved on third.party cloud data, it is necessary to authorize in these services. Otherwise, there will be no data where it will get.
After that, you can say that you have successfully coped with the operation “Restore my WhatsApp”. All your data is safely transferred to a new phone. See further how the installation on the computer occurs.
Possible problems when using the service
WhatsApp messenger works extremely correctly and stably. Malfunctions occur extremely rarely, and some problems arise at all on the side of users. Large failures are often covered on social networks and news resources.
We compiled a list of problems and found a solution for each of them.
- When registering and re.entry, SMS with a code does not come. try to restart the phone and repeat the attempt. Also, the code can be requested in the form of a voice call.
- The application is not installed. usually there is not enough memory, clean it of unnecessary files and unused applications. The second solution. reboot the smartphone and try again.
- There is an error 490. try connecting to another network. The second solution is to clean the smartphone cache using a full.time function or suitable application.
- Dialogs are not loaded. reboot the smartphone and open the application again. Failures on the side of the provider or the messenger himself are also not excluded.
- It is not possible to install WhatsApp on the tablet. this is normal, since the messenger can work on a limited number of tablets. On tablets without SIM cards, it does not work at all.
In the most difficult cases, the application is reinstalled.
How to return the WhatsApp icon to the main screen of the phone if you accidentally deleted
After installing access to the program, automatically appears on the desktop. When clicking on a shortcut, you get access to contacts with which you can exchange messages.
After installing WhatsApp, the icon usually appears on the desktop.
When removing the WhatsApp icon from the main screen, the re.installation of the program is not required, t. to., By analogy with a stationary computer, only a shortcut disappeared. You can return it by rebooting the phone by long.term holding the lock or power key.
How to restore your WhatsApp?
If you just want to restore the WhatsApp application on your phone, then there is nothing easier. It is enough just to go to the application store for your operating system. Google Play for Android or AppStore for iPhone. and download it again. The program is completely free.
Recovery from a backup with Google disk
- Delete and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp and confirm your phone number.
- When you are offered, click to restore to restore messages and media files from the Google disk.
- When the recovery is completed, click on.
What does it mean in WhatsApp add the icon to the screen?
When clicking on a shortcut, you get access to contacts with which you can exchange messages. After installing WhatsApp, the icon usually appears on the desktop.
How to start working with the WhatsApp Messenger application
- Download and run the application. Download WhatsApp Messenger for free from Google Play Market or Apple App Store
- Study the conditions for the provision of services
- Configure the profile
- Allow access to contacts and photos
- Start the chat
- Create a group.
We re.install WhatsApp
Sometimes, as a result of a systemic error or because of the human factor, the WhatsApp application icon disappears from the phone’s desktop. And this may be due to the fact that the program was simply removed from the device. For example, you could cleanse your memory, but accidentally got rid of the right messenger. To search and re.installing the program, we will use the Google Play store, by default available on almost every Android smartphone. The exception is the phones from Huawei. there you need to use the branded software Appgallery. Here’s the instruction:
Thus, if the WhatsApp icon has disappeared on the phone, then this may tell us that the messenger application was simply removed from the device. And in this case, you just need to install the program again using the Play Market or the App Store.
What to do if the chat icon disappears?
In many cases, for the convenience of communication, people add icons of chats to the desktop, when pressing on which there is an automatic opening of the desired dialogue in the messenger. But what to do if an important icon is gone? In this case, you can again add it by performing actions from a step.by.step guide:
Select “Add chat icon on the screen”
For convenience, you can even create a separate folder, placing only the most important chats there. As a result, it turns out that it will be enough to just press the desired icon to go to the conversation, and you don’t have to open the messenger at all.
Fix WhatsApp Icon Not Showing Problem Solved