Rear view camera and the sad experience of disassembling it
Hello everyone, dear friends. Today we have a rear view camera on review. This review will be of interest to both motorists and ordinary users. Only one amendment. for the faint of heart, please do not look. Looking ahead, I will say that the camera worked properly until I decided to see what was inside it. But first things first. If you are ready and wearing your seat belts, welcome under the cat
CCD. it is a (charge-coupled device) CCD. device with charging feedback. This type of matrix was initially considered to be of higher quality, but also more expensive and energy-intensive. If you present the basic principle of the CCD matrix in a nutshell, then they will assemble the whole picture in an analog version, and only then digitize.
Unlike CCDs, CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor), CMOS. complementary logic on metal-oxide-semiconductor transistors, digitize each pixel in place. CMOS matrices were initially less power-consuming and cheap, especially in the production of large matrices, but they were inferior to CCD matrices in image quality Difference of CCD matrices from CMOS
- CCD. a silicon-based array that acts as a charge-coupled device, CMOS. field-effect transistor matrix.
- The analog signal in the CCD is converted outside the photosensitive sensor, in the CMOS matrix. directly in the pixel.
- Image quality from CCD is higher than from CMOS.
- CCD is more energy consuming.
- CMOS allows you to shoot video and take burst photos.
- CMOS has spread in mobile electronics
The color waterproof digital rear-view camera differs from many of its “congeners” primarily by the price. Designed for use in any type of vehicle. Has a wide enough viewing angle of 170 degrees allows for quick and safe parking. The camera is waterproof, which prevents water ingress and damage to the electronics.
In the cell
In theory, then we should talk about the disassembly of the rear view camera. But, for some reason, I suspect that there would hardly have been anyone willing to disassemble it. But I decided to work it out point 18 according to the full rules and find out what the developers actually put into a miniature case and. Broke the camera. By the way, I do not regret it. But we will see with you all her insides. That’s why I managed to take only one shot of the camera when she was still alive.
In principle, for this we have gathered here today. We start disassembling the rear view camera. ATTENTION. I strongly advise against repeating these steps at home. Such cameras, especially those with moisture protection, are assembled thoroughly and once. Have pity on your tool and teeth Clockwise, unscrew the front cover of the rear-view camera and take out the mounting bracket.This photo clearly shows something like a black silicone sealant, which thoroughly penetrated the thread and firmly glued the lens to the body of the Sun. Well, no, we continue on. We scrape out the sealant and try to unscrew the lens with our teeth. I don’t know how I tried, but I did it. The lens itself. By the way, the material of manufacture. glass Take the main part of the camera and see the camera matrix CMOS type matrix You will not see anything else here. Let’s dig on the other side to see the inside of the camera. We remove the back cover and see that everything is filled with sealant. To be more precise, the feeling that it is a compound. We scrape out all this “hat”. The board is already visible. A little more effort and Removing the board from the camera body Here we see a matrix closer on one side and a board with a sealant on the other. Clean further to see the control chips: Here is the first. non-volatile memory atmel218 24c08N. The datasheet can be viewed here And here we see a crystal oscillator with 27000 MHz indicated. By the way, I did not find any traces of flux on the board. Soldering is neat. Seeing the fillings of this camera, you can quickly collect it. Only after that it did NOT work. It can be seen very violently tore off the sealant from the board)))
In general, I was very pleased with the impressions of what was done and the quality of both the camera and the image from it. The performance is good, the picture is acceptable for cameras from this price segment. It is worth considering the fact that it was displayed not on a 5 “or 7” screen, but on a huge TV. You can also see objects at night. Unfortunately, I didn’t know to take a photo of the night image. I am very sorry about that. It is also worth noting that there are a lot of cameras of this type on the market. The price ranges from 7 to 28. But what is inside remains a mystery. But I would NOT dare to disassemble this kind of gadgets in the future)))
- Price for cameras of this type
- Quality execution
- Moisture protection
- Nice output image
- Breaks down after disassembly)))
I have everything for today.
And as usual, Nafanya says hello to everyone and expects positive votes from you.
Rear view camera shows black screen
If your rear view camera does not work in your car, this does not lead to despair. In most cases, the problem lies in small malfunctions, which you can easily fix yourself. What to do if the rear view camera does not work in the car and how to fix it, you will learn from the article.
Typical faults of the rear view camera
Most often, this device is located in the car in three places. This is either the trunk lock (handle), or the frame for the license plate light, or it can be installed in the cabin (in station wagon cars).
As practice shows, the cameras that are decided to be installed right in the cabin are the least affected by any problems. After all, they are NOT aggressively exposed to the environment. This effect is primarily understood as moisture entering the device.
The ingress of water into the device can lead not only to its complete failure to work. Image defects may occur. Often, car owners complain that the camera does not show the image or the picture looks blurry. Most likely, the prerequisite for this is precisely the ingress of moisture into the rear view camera.
How to troubleshoot and dismantle the device
Every car owner has two ways to repair a rear view camera. The first and the simplest one. give it to be repaired. You can contact your service center of the manufacturer. If the machine is still under warranty service, then this must be done. Self repair leave you warranty.
Main board and contacts
But often it will be cheaper and easier to carry out simple repairs yourself. If the rear view camera stops working or there is a malfunction, you can try to repair.
The instruction will be given on the example of KIA cars.
- If the rear view camera does not turn on automatically or at all, in order to remove it, you need to dismantle the entire trim.
- To do this, first remove a small panel in the upper part, under which the bolts are hidden. Remove them to remove most of the cladding.
- Under it you will find four nuts, which secure the trunk handle. The camera itself is fixed with two self-tapping screws, two more fix its connector.
- You may encounter traces of corrosion. First remove it, and then you can disassemble the device.
- The body is pulled together with four self-tapping screws. Be careful when disassembling the device. they can oxidize.
- If there is moisture inside the chamber, it will need to be dried. Brush and then varnish the boards to protect them from moisture.
- There are usually two spacers in the chamber. One is placed on the camera goggles, and the other is located at the interface between the plastic parts of the camera and the metal body. Both could become unusable after a certain period of time. Replace them if necessary.
- Assemble the camera back in the reverse order, having previously treated all joints with a sealant. Better to use butyl rubber.
Instructions for adjusting the device with your own hands
When you have installed the camera, it works fine, the clouding has disappeared, it is important to correctly adjust it. But not all car owners know how to do this. Because of this, they cannot do everything with their own hands and check the operation of the device.
The main task. this is to set up parking lines. This included mode makes parking a lot easier.
- Take a regular wooden block, 2 meters long. Its sides should be 2-3 centimeters.
- Place it about a meter from the center of the rear bumper. The edges of the block should protrude from the sides of the car at approximately the same distance.
- Then, get into the car and go to the service menu. Additional steps may be required, such as turning the side lights on and off several times.
- After that, you will need to go to the camera settings and select the car brand.
- When the rear view camera is activated, you will need to return the steering wheel first to the right until it stops, and then to the left. this is done to adjust it. Then click “next”. A rectangular outline appears on the screen.
- Using the up, right, down and left keys, you will need to place it so that the bar is exactly in the center. Then click on confirm.
This, in fact, is all the steps that you need to perform to configure devices. Now, when you turn it on, yellow lines will start to appear to facilitate parking. Remember that any subsequent disassembly may require subsequent reconfiguration of the device.
- The device sometimes shows a blue screen;
- The image on the monitor has turned black and white;
- The device stopped capturing a picture
How to fix: removing the camera and repairing it yourself
If the rear view camera constantly or periodically does not work, the repair is carried out as follows:
- Before starting repairs, check the voltage supply to the device. After the user has connected the cable, a multimeter is taken and the power of the wire is checked. The red plug of the tester is inserted into the cable itself, and the black plug is connected to its metal part to provide ground. If the connection showed 12 volts of voltage, then power is supplied to the device, respectively, the camera is further dismantled.
- Disconnecting the power cable from the camera.
- With a screwdriver or a wrench, the trim is removed (it all depends on the design features of the car). First, the rear tailgate trim is removed, then the nuts securing the device are unscrewed. Usually, the camera is attached using two self-tapping screws, which are unscrewed with a screwdriver.
- Clean the camera with a clean, dry cloth. Rust traces on the surface of the device must be removed, oxidation from the power connector is also removed.
- Then the screws are unscrewed, which fix the component parts of the case. These elements are susceptible to oxidation, therefore, when unscrewing them, you must be careful.
- If moisture gets on the body, it is dried.
- In case of wear or damage, the seals are replaced. The devices use two rubber bands (gaskets). One of them is located on the lens of the gadget, the second. at the junction between the plastic elements and the body.
- The internal elements of the device are visually inspected. If swollen capacitors or other damaged elements are visible on the working board, they must be replaced by soldering. Before making repairs, clean and remove all traces of debris and dust.
- The camera is assembled in reverse order. To ensure high tightness, it is recommended to treat the joints with silicone.
How to fix a factory defect in a rear view camera
The channel “Purchased in China” in the video told about what to do if the rear view camera does not work
Rear view camera setup instructions
According to the instructions, the main task when setting up. adjusting the parking lines that the camera should show first.
- A standard block of wood is taken. It is desirable that the length of the product is 2 meters, and its width. 2-3 cm.
- The workpiece is placed at a distance of about 1 meter from the center of the rear bumper. It is important that the edges of the wooden beam extend beyond the sides of the vehicle by approximately the same distance.
- Then the driver gets into the cabin and enters the camera settings service menu. In some cars, you will have to perform additional actions, for example, activate and deactivate the side lights.
- The brand of the vehicle is selected.
- After turning on the device, the steering wheel is twisted: first all the way to the right, and then. to the left.
- The “Next” button is pressed, an automatic rectangular contour will appear on the device screen. The buttons are used to move the bar image to the center of the screen. Then the selected action should be confirmed.
In the absence of a wooden block, you can do this:
- We’ll have to use three points, which are measured from the top edge of the rear bumper. Each of the elements has a step of 10 cm, respectively, the first point. 10 cm, the second. 20 cm, third. 30 cm.
- For each point, you need to set the camera’s visibility range in 30 cm increments.
- In total, the first point has a range of 30 cm, the second. 60 cm, and the third. 90 cm.With this scale, you can correctly calculate the distance to the obstacle.
A clear guide to repairing the device
Vadim Filippov told in a video what to do if the rear view camera does not turn on
Hello! Tell me, what could be with this GU? Once a picture slipped through. Then it stopped working. Marriage or not? The regular one always displayed well, but the regular one broke the touchscreen and therefore bought this.
SSANGYONG KORANDO 2011-2013 MARUBOX 7A603DT3, Android 7.1, Allwinner T3 Quad-core Cortex-A7
No duplicates found
If the camera glitched, the head would show a black screen, i.e. I still switched to her, which means that it’s in my head. either the “rear view camera” setting flies, or the signal in turning on the back gait does not reach.
How does the camera know when it is turned on? The appearance of a plus on the back foner? Here is this posting and dig it
I also think it’s in the head. Only what exactly is not clear.
Check the signal cable. The camera works only when the reversing lights are turned on, respectively, it was constant when the tulip was connected to AUX, you either supply power to the wrong place or not from the flashlight. Refer to the power of the tyrnet, in the search engine I think there is a description of your problem and its solution)))) well, if this is not a marriage of GU, naturally)
What’s the difference from a flashlight or not from a 12V flashlight in a single car.
I will try to explain, the signal is taken from the reversing light on the GU, so that the GU understands that the car has gone back and it is necessary: to muffle the music / turn on the camera. A signal from the flashlight to the camera so that it works only when needed, and not in a constant mode. In theory, if you connect a constant to the input to the GU, then all other functions of the GU will not work, because The GU will think that the car is going back all this time and it is necessary to turn on the camera. So in your case, either you DO NOT understand the GU setting, or there is really a marriage. But I advise you to still study the instructions)
Rear view camera connection. Part 1
To start. What is a rear view camera for? This device provides you with accurate information about what is happening behind your car. Simply put, you see everything and you can easily, conveniently and, most importantly, safely park even at night. You have much more visibility than from a rear-view mirror or side mirrors, and, most importantly, there are practically no blind spots. With a rear view camera, you can no longer be afraid of hitting another car, bumper hooks on a high curb or bumping into a pin sticking out of the ground.
In short, a rear view camera. small, inexpensive but very useful parking assistant. However, very few cars are equipped with a standard camera, even if the package includes a monitor. What to do? Everything is very simple! Buy a rear view camera and connect to your OEM monitor. This is not sarcasm, as it might seem at first glance. However, to connect, you still need additional devices.
Types of camera connection to OEM monitor
In most cases, you need a video interface to connect a non-standard rear view camera to the OEM car monitor. This is a great option if you also want to connect non-standard navigation, additional video devices (for example, HD / DVD, Android box, TV tuner), or all at once. We recommend reading in more detail about what a video interface is and what it is eaten with in our article. And how to properly connect the camera (where to connect, how to ground, etc.), we will very soon write in the next article.
However, if you only want to connect the reversing camera, video interface. This is an additional cost, although in most cases it is. the only way out. And here we have solutions too:
- Adapters for connecting cameras. These are, for the most part, the same video interfaces, but with reduced capabilities. However, these can be adapters designed only for connecting cameras. On average, adapters are half the price of video interfaces.
- Camera connection cables. Our engineers have developed several cables (more on the way), with the help of which you can connect a non-standard rear-view camera to the OEM monitor without using a video interface. over, there is no need to crash into the car wiring, and, accordingly, the chances of damaging it are minimized.
Reversing camera cables
Let’s start with the cables, as they are in-house developed by Car Solutions engineers and are our pride. We currently offer rear view camera connection cables for Toyota, Lexus, Mazda, Subaru, Renault, Peugeot, Nissan, Opel, Scion, Dacia, etc.
Adapters for connecting reversing cameras
Pay attention to one more adapter, which stands out from the general list. This device, on the contrary, allows you to connect an OEM camera to a non-OEM monitor. The adapter will be needed if you replaced the OEM monitor with a non-OEM radio tape recorder, but the camera was changed.
By the way, according to government requirements, all cars that will be sold in the United States must be equipped with rear view cameras. This requirement will finally come into force on May 1, 2018. This will help prevent collisions with pedestrians (especially small children) when reversing. And as practice shows, this happens quite often. Therefore, as they say, there should be a camera! And here is how you Connect it in the car, so choose yourself.
Why does the rear view camera show the other way around how to remove specularity, upside down, the image (and
Parking in the city. tricky business. It is very difficult to occupy a free space in the parking lot without accidentally hitting someone else’s car. The situation is complicated by the fact that lately car designers pay a lot of attention to design, often sacrificing such a “trifle” as visibility. In order not to feel like a tank mechanic driving a car, you have to take measures. One of the easier maneuvering solutions. rear view parking camera. How to connect it to a radio tape recorder, we will tell below.
What are parking cameras
As a rule, driving in reverse causes difficulties for drivers, because any car behind the trunk certainly has a “Dead Zone” where, no matter how you turn your head, you will not see anything.
The driver, thanks to the high long bonnet and a row of bumpers, sometimes nothing is visible even right in front of the nose, which is very unpleasant when you need to park right next to or in front of him with an overhang above the curb.
In both cases, a parking camera will help out. Are there any differences between rear and front view devices?
By the way, the word “chauffeur” is of French origin. So at first they called steam locomotive stokers, and then car drivers. Why? The fact is that the first machines used a steam engine, which from time to time had to “feed” a portion of firewood or coal in front of “all honest people.” How else to call someone who pokes a poker in a boggy?
Differences between rear and front cameras
Both have almost the same properties and characteristics. However, the rear-mounted camera must be able to feed the image to the monitor in an inverted SLR format. This is more convenient for the driver sitting with his back in the direction of travel.
If the camera is looking forward, this ability is superfluous. Otherwise, both devices are identical. over, for some cameras, mirroring. one of the customization options. Such devices can be installed both behind and in front.
Features and characteristics of car parking cameras
When choosing a parking camera, take into account the following features:
- Camera design (design),
- Video signal standard,
- Display Format (Mirror or Normal),
- Connection method to monitor,
- Viewing angle,
- Light sensitivity,
- Infrared illumination,
- Dynamic markup.
Design and video signal standard
The design defines the Possible areas for the placement of devices. The design of a standard camera provides for its installation either instead of some element, for example, the registration number backlight, or in the place recommended by the manufacturer. To mount such a camera, you need to drill additional holes, but it is not always possible to find a product for a specific car model on sale.
The design of a standard camera provides for its installation instead of some element, for example, instead of a license plate light
A hole is drilled in the bumper or other part for a mortise rear-view camera. The camera is fixed in it with a latch or lock nut.
To install a mortise rearview camera in the bumper, you need to drill a hole
The versatile camera can be installed on any available surface thanks to the special mount. Its position is fixed with double-sided tape or screws.
Versatile camera can be installed on any surface
A kind of universal. camera built into the registration number frame.
Built-in camera number frame. one of the varieties of universal design
Car cameras support one or several common television signal standards: PAL, NTSC, SECAM. In terms of picture quality, they are all almost identical. But the monitor will NOT be able to display the signal if it does not support the camera standard.
Table: advantages and disadvantages of parking rear-view cameras. Ways to connect to the monitor
To transmit the image from a conventional wired camera to the monitor, a video cable must be laid inside the car. This is a reliable way to connect, but laying the cable will take some work.
Wireless cameras transmit images using a radio signal, which greatly facilitates installation.
A wireless camera signal transmitter is called a transmitter, a receiver. receiver
Often they are ordinary wired devices, but supplemented with external receiver and transmitter units. These blocks. they are called transmitter and receiver. sold separately from the camera.
The video signal is usually transmitted in the FM or Wi-Fi band. In the latter case, two options are possible: using the frequency of the band for transmitting an analog signal or full support for the digital network. When a working transmitter is visible in the list of available wireless networks of a smartphone, the phone can be used as a monitor for a parking camera, just like any mobile device: tablet or Android radio tape recorder.
Light sensitivity and infrared illumination
Light sensitivity characterizes the minimum illumination at which the camera is capable of performing the functions assigned to it. Parameter value depending on the type of matrix 0.01-1 lux.
Viewing angle and dynamic layout
The wider the viewing angle, the more space the camera captures, the more informative the image on the monitor. But at the same time, distortions increase. In practice, the optimal values are 120-170 c. Cameras with a view of less than 110V are not very common.
Dynamic marking makes the estimation of the distance to the obstacle much easier. It represents the longitudinal and transverse lines that the camera superimposes on the image.
Dynamic markings on the monitor screen make it much easier to estimate the distance to an obstacle
The US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced that effective May 1, 2018, all new vehicles under 4.5 tonnes curb weight sold in the United States must be mandatorily equipped with rearview cameras.
Parking camera connection
The connection method depends both on the camera itself and on the device to which it needs to be connected.
Parking camera monitor
The following can be used as display devices for the signal coming from the rear (front) view camera:
- Radio tape recorder,
- Car TV,
- Video recorder,
- Separate monitor,
- Rearview mirror with built-in monitor,
- Tablet, smartphone and other mobile gadgets.
Monitor for rear view camera
The main condition for connecting a wired camera. the presence of a video input in the device selected as a monitor. Its familiar look. the usual “tulip”. But often it is “hidden” in a multi-pin connector, the wiring of which can be found in the technical documentation.
In addition to the video input, car devices that support the connection of a rear view camera are usually equipped with a signal (control) input, to which a 12 V voltage is applied to activate the monitor simultaneously with the camera.
In smartphones, tablets and other gadgets with an operating system, video input is not always available. In this case, you can use a video capture card that is connected to the USB port.
Connecting a wired camera to a tablet or smartphone
For wireless connection via Wi-Fi networks, both the camera and the monitor device must support.
Location of the monitor
When a radio tape recorder or a rear-view mirror monitor is used as a monitor, there is no need to choose a place, it is determined by the design of the car.
Where stand-alone display devices are installed depends on their size, design, and owner preference. Most popular places:
- Console with accessories,
- Folding sun visor,
- Rearview mirror,
- Front panel (torpedo).
One of the popular monitor placements. car torpedo
Rear view camera connection diagrams
There are a huge number of both parking cameras and devices on the market that can be used as a monitor. The practical connection diagrams depend on the characteristics of the products and therefore may differ from the ones below.
Car monitors for connecting a rear view camera equipped with one or more video inputs, which are switched manually.
The figure shows a diagram of connecting a wired video camera to a separate monitor without a signal input.
The parking camera is connected exclusively by video input to devices, and not supporting external control
A typical connection diagram of a wired camera to a monitor built into the rearview mirror with a signal input is shown in the figure below.
A wire is connected to the signal input, on which, simultaneously with turning on the camera, a voltage of 12 V appears
The camera is supplied with 12 V from the reversing lamp lamp. The signal wire P3 is also connected to it. The camera output is connected to the video input, wire P3. with a similar monitor wire (connector).
Any display devices with a signal input are connected in the same way: radio tape recorders, navigators, recorders.
Wireless receivers and transmitters usually have a signal wire. This does not prevent them from being used to transfer images to a separate monitor or other device without a signal input.
Wireless transmitters and receivers eliminate the need for video cables
In the case of using such kits for connecting the camera to a radio tape recorder, a navigator and second devices with a signal input, you have to lay an additional wire from the reversing lamp or, according to the electrical circuit, look for another available connection point, located closer to the radio tape recorder.
One of the possible control options. switch connected to the positive power supply, by means of which the signal is forcibly applied.
Force camera activation
Sometimes the driver needs to turn on the parking camera without engaging reverse gear. This algorithm is implemented, supply power to the camera not from the reversing lamp, but directly using a button or toggle switch.
For forced switching on, the camera is powered through a toggle switch or a button
Usually, in this case, the possibility of turning on the camera simultaneously with the reverse gear is abandoned. But if you connect the button and the flashlight through decoupling diodes, both functions can be used in parallel.
Connecting a camera with a Wi-Fi module
The Wi-Fi module allows you to transfer the image from the rear or front view camera to any device with the Android or iOS operating system. In this case, you will need to download the appropriate application to your tablet or smartphone.
Any mobile device can be used to display a picture from a Wi-Fi camera
Connecting two parking cameras
Sometimes drivers equip cars with two cameras at once: rear and front view. There are several possibilities for this:
- Independent display devices (different monitors)
- Monitors with Multiple inputs;
- Wi-Fi connection;
- Switches (switches) of video signals.
Using the switch, images from multiple cameras are fed to the monitor
How to install a wired camera and connect to a car radio
To equip a car with a wired rearview parking camera, you will need the following materials and tools:
- Keys set,
- Panel remover,
- Insulating tape,
- Plastic clamps for fastening wires,
- Wires and connectors,
- Drill with drill,
Sequence of work
- Disconnect the negative terminal (housing) from the battery.
- Determine the installation location of the camera according to the criteria of the maximum view of the space behind the car and the secrecy of the device from prying eyes.
- Think about how to lay the wire from the reversing lamp and the video cable to the radio tape recorder to the selected place of installation of the camera. If possible, choose the connection points of the wires in the connector, avoiding splices. Determine the route of the laying near the rest of the onboard wiring harnesses, focusing on the minimum labor costs for dismantling and restoring the trim of the passenger compartment and trunk.
- Forwarding the video cable and wires along the intended route, rather than securing or laying under the skin.
- Free up access to the radio and taillight connectors.
- Assemble the wiring diagram for connecting the camera to the radio.
Wires and cables are connected to the radio and camera according to the connection diagram
The diameter of the hole for the mortise chamber determines the dimensions of the device
Interior trim elements that interfere with the wiring must be removed
Checking and setting up a parking camera
- Switch on the power and reverse gear. A mirror image of objects behind the car and dynamic marking lines should appear on the monitor screen.
- If there is no picture, check the reliability of the contacts and the condition of the wires. Pay particular attention to the quality of the crimp of pins of connectors and other connections.
- Check the turning on and off the picture depending on the position of the gear lever.
- If there is no mirroring or markup Read the manufacturer’s instructions and enable options.
- Rate the picture. If necessary, correct the position of the camera, direct it so that the monitor displays the entire area necessary for safe maneuvering.
- Remember or ask your assistant to mark the position of the dynamic marking lines on the ground.
- Measure and record the real distance from the car to the marking marks, which will be useful later during the operation of the car.
Installing a rear view camera
Rear View Camera. useful addition to standard vehicle equipment. A small device avoids big trouble. Do-it-yourself camera installation is easy, and the benefits are obvious.
Zoom mirroring: why and how to disable it
Indeed, for some inexperienced users, mirroring in Zoom is, let’s say, puzzling. Well, how else, when in the frame everything is the other way around? over, not only all the inscriptions, but also the background, the environment and yourself. Problem?
Not really. precisely, not a problem at all. But to understand the question, it seems, will NOT be superfluous.
So, let’s start with the fact that in fact, Zoom does not flip the picture and for all conference participants in the frame you look as expected (and all the inscriptions or texts that you show them. Too).
So, if your Zoom is configured correctly (or you did NOT change the default settings), then in fact everything is in order and there is nothing to worry about.
But mirroring is just one of the default (i.e., enabled by default) Zoom features (as well as in Skype and Google Meet). Just wave your pen to the camera and you will see yourself as if in a “mirror”. Hence the question may arise (and arise).
Why such mirroring in Zoom?
And it is required then that other conference participants on their screens must see you correctly. That is, NOT mirrored, but as if they were sitting opposite you at a regular table (or as if everyone was looking at you, like students at a teacher in a class).
Hence, whatever you show them. texts, diagrams, graphs, drawings, videos. Zoom should also show them correctly, and not in mirror images.
Therefore, for the second conference participants (your viewers) in Zoom, you definitely do not need to write, draw or show anything in reverse. And here you, through your camera and on the screen of your computer (or smartphone), Zoom will show all this in a mirror. Unless you disable this feature.
How to turn off mirroring in Zoom
By the way, as of now Zoom. it seems to be the only video conferencing app that has the option to disable video mirroring.
So, if this function in Zoom needs to be turned off / on, then this is done easily and simply:
- On the conference control panel, click on the arrows next to the camera icon:
- In the menu that opens, select “Video settings”;
- And on the settings screen, turn off the option “Show my video in mirror” (along the way, in the window above, see how it will look):
When to turn off mirroring in Zoom
Selfie! That is, when in Zoom you need to look at yourself, as they say, from the outside. For example, before a conference or in preparation for it, when you need to look at yourself, so to speak, through the eyes of your audience. Like a smartphone.
True, it’s easier with a smartphone. there is a separate selfie camera. But with a computer a little more difficult. But now you know how to do it. The main thing is when we turn off mirroring in Zoom like this to see yourself, then do not forget to turn this function back on.
Alternative firmware for multimedia recorders. Rear View Camera
Menaka provides full support for factory-installed rear-view cameras installed in cars, and also allows you to connect a rear-view camera to Media-Nav Renault (Dacia), Opel and Media-Nav Evolution Lada, if the camera is not available. Installation of both wired and wireless rear view cameras is possible.
- NTSC and PAL standard cameras are suitable for connection (starting from Menaka version 184.108.40.206).
- In Menaka, the signal is automatically detected at the analog video input of the radio. Therefore, you DO NOT need to connect 12V from the reversing lamp to the radio connector.
- Wireless rear view camera can be used as well as other video sources.
The Menaka firmware provides two modes for turning on the camera. manual and automatic (configuration switches are made in the settings).
Automatic switching on
The automatic activation of the Renault rear-view camera (if there is a connected camera) occurs automatically when the reverse gear is engaged. This supplies power to the rear view camera using the gear lever.
Manual activation of the Renault rear view camera is set by pressing the “camera” button in the lower right corner of the Menaka menu.
Manual mode connects the video input of the radio at the software level, but it does NOT supply power to the rear view camera. The manual mode can be used when another device is connected instead of a camera (for example, a video recorder), and it constantly gives a signal to the radio tape recorder.
Camera control functions
In Menaka version 220.127.116.11 for ShGU Media-Nav and version 18.104.22.168 for Media-Nav Evolution, additional options for controlling the rear view camera are implemented.
- It is possible to turn on / off the display of the image when the reverse gear is turned on (it is possible to remove the standby mode for 5 seconds).
- Menaka programmatically provides the drawing of colored parking lines on the screen of the radio. Sometimes a purchased camera has its own parking lines. To disable these lines in Menaka, follow the Instructions for Disabling / Switching Parking Lines provided in the user manual under Rearview Camera. Note: In previous versions of Menaka, for example 22.214.171.124 Media-Nav and 126.96.36.199 Media-Nav Evolution, to disable these lines in Menaka, delete the /menavrus/ParkLine.Flg file from the USB flash drive and restart the radio (turning it off for 30 seconds ).
- Rear-view camera, audio channel, information timeline settings are moved to the graphical interface.
- The image from the camera goes to full firmware download.
- Ability to mirror image of the camera (Settings Menaka. RVC).
- The ability to display the camera in full screen. You need to additionally install https://cloud./public/DtjY/KwBxUmU1t (thanks to the French and Zmiterm!). (Installation instructions: 1. Unpack upgrade.Lgu on a USB flash drive. 2. Install, insert the USB flash drive into the ShGU).
- Ability to mirror camera to full screen.
Installing a rear view camera
Now it’s easy to install a rear view camera in Renault vehicles. Rear view camera connection diagram is attached below.