Installing a rear view camera on a Kia Rio
Today, many modern electronic devices appear on the market, which add to the list of equipment, a vocation to provide a high level of safety and comfort. So, more recently, parktronics were delighted with drivers, and now these are ordinary devices that allow the driver to park safely.
The manufacturer of Kia Rio, a practical and popular car in the domestic market, regularly equips it with new electronic accessories. A rear view camera is worth considering. For the Kia Rio car, it comes in 2 versions: standard and standard. The functionality of both classes is identical and only differs in the way of installation.
The positive aspects of a rear view camera in Rio include:
- Low noise level.
- High quality view (regardless of the time of day).
- Aesthetic appearance. Compared to parking sensors, this device is invisible to outsiders.
- Ability to broadcast high definition recording.
- Broadcast on the display of a picture (color) with the contours of the parking lines. The image appears immediately after activating reverse gear.
All cameras which are suitable for the Kia Rio car have a wide angle of view. this figure reaches 170 °. The camera lens is housed in a robust housing, making the device protected from dust, moisture, etc.
Hardware modifications realize high resolution images of 704 x 576 px and 628 x 582 dots.
What tools are needed
Before starting work, you need to prepare:
- A set of wires for connecting the device.
Of the tools you will need:
- Clip clips.
- Insulating tape.
This toolkit is enough to independently install this device.
Step-by-step installation and connection process
For KIA Rio, two types of devices are used. This equipment is suitable not only for Rio, but also for other car models. Observing a certain algorithm, installing a rear view camera on the Rio will NOT be difficult. Installation can be divided into several stages:
- Remove the trim, pull out the cover. Fastening the panels with caps and screws. To increase reliability, clips can be used.
- You can even install a camera instead of a plafond, which is designed directly to illuminate the room. This place is most suitable because it provides the necessary visibility and protection of the device from aggressive environmental influences.
- If the camera is installed in the passenger compartment of the car, then the cable from the dashboard should be laid through the entire interior. Most often it is laid on the floor under the material (in some cases, under the plastic protection of the threshold).
- When the wire is laid, the camera is connected to the main unit or to the reversing lights.
- Connecting the device in this way implies its operation only when the reverse gear is activated.
- At the time of connection to the main device, the “tulip” is connected to the socket marked “CCD IN”.
- In the absence of a standard monitor, it is necessary to install an external one; a video recording device will be connected to it. As a rule, it is installed above the mirror.
- After completing the installation, check the operation of the system. To do this, you need to turn on the reverse gear. Often it is necessary to adjust the position of the device, since even a slight displacement can become a prerequisite for which the system will not function correctly.
If the rear view camera is installed correctly, then when the reverse gear is engaged, a picture with a clear image will appear on the monitor screen.
Today it is difficult to overestimate the role of a rear view camera, especially for novice motorists. This device assists in maneuvering in tight parking spaces.
If the material was interesting or useful for you, I will publish it on my page on the social network: