How to connect (connect) a rear view camera to a Chinese 2 DIN radio
The growing car park leads to a shortage of parking spaces, so motorists are forced to place their cars in narrow aisles and gaps between adjacent vehicles. To ensure visibility of the space behind the car, cameras are used to display images on the display of the audio head unit. When self-improving the car, the user needs to know how to connect a rear view camera to the radio and how to adjust the equipment.
To use the camera, it is necessary to use the main equipment, equipped with the appropriate connector for switching. For high-quality display of the picture, 2 Din-size radios with Windows CE or Android operating system are used. For video output, a recorder is also used, made in the form of a rear-view mirror, mounted on the floor of a factory element. The equipment ensures the preservation of information, the quality of the recording depends on the modification of the photosensitive element used.
Equipment selection criteria:
- By the method of signal transmission from the camera. There are devices with and without wires. In the second case, it is required to install an additional WI-Fi unit, which provides broadcast and decryption of the information stream.
- By the angle of view, the yaky defines the controlled area behind the vehicle. The equipment is equipped with lenses providing a capture angle in the range of 120-170 °. To control additional zones, it is possible to connect 2 cameras through a special controller.
The selected device is equipped with a robust housing that is resistant to road agents. In addition, the product must be waterproof, as liquid penetration will degrade the image quality and damage the device. It is also necessary to select a camera for reasons of installation location.
How to determine the location of the camera
Before starting the installation of the connection cables and the reversing camera housing, you should find the point that provides the largest viewing angle and is NOT thrown by dirt when the vehicle is moving. Depending on the body configuration, the equipment is mounted on the license plate light strip, luggage compartment lid or rear bumper. The connection of a Chinese-made camera is performed instead of the license plate light, while a diode is stored inside the unit. Such a mounting scheme does not provide a high-quality picture.
Placing equipment at the height of the bumper allows you to capture space at a distance of 2-3 m from the rear of the vehicle. Remember that the lower the vehicle, the smaller the field of view will be. Because of this, contact with a subtle obstacle is possible when reversing. Installing the device on the trunk lid expands the radius by 30-35%. This installation technique is not used on trucks and vans, since it does not allow maneuvering with the rear doors open.
On buses or trucks, the device is mounted on the upper edge of the body; the lens is pointing down.
The user can install two cameras by connecting them through a dedicated controller. The radio screen displays a picture from each source or from 2 at the same time. The parameter is adjusted through the settings of the hub. It is allowed to use a 2-position switch that broadcasts a signal from different sources.
Depending on the location of the device, signal transmission cables are laid. When using a wireless product, a reliable signal transmission is required. Metal elements of the body reduce the intensity of data transmission, therefore, the number of partitions between the transmitter and the receiver should be minimized.
If the radio does not see the connected device, then you should configure the equipment through the menu. Android head units are equipped with a function that displays parking guidelines on the display.
The distance between the elements and the degree of curvature when turning the steering wheel are adjustable depending on the size of the car.
Function and ability to adjust parameters are NOT available in all players.
To connect the camera to the head unit, use the connector located on the back of the equipment. Please make sure that the installed player supports rear view camera connection before purchasing an additional device. To power the camera, a cable marked with the Reverse tag is used, which connects to the reversing lamp circuit. The RCA plug is installed in the standard video input jack located on the rear of the radio.
Connecting to a Pioneer radio tape recorder has several differences:
- The yellow camera plug fits into the jack marked R.C IN;
- The main unit cable harness contains a purple-white insulated cord that is responsible for the activated reverse gear signal.
It is recommended to lay the switching lines after installing the camera, since during the installation process, unforeseen difficulties may arise that require the use of a different layout solution.
Rear-view cameras for the radio, manufactured by third-party manufacturers, have a shape that does not correspond to the used license plate light. To simplify installation, it is allowed to cut the case with the subsequent installation of the product between the backlight lamps. This arrangement improves the field of view of the lens and makes it easier to calculate the trajectory when maneuvering in reverse. Mounting apparatus performed after installation recorder 2 DIN standard LCD screen.
Approximate algorithm for installing the camera on the back of the car:
- Cut a rectangular hole in the plastic trim or metal casing located above the license plate mount on the trunk lid. Metal edges are treated with an anti-corrosion compound. It is recommended to select the installation point in such a way as to avoid trimming the body panel, since it is impossible to provide reliable protection against corrosion in artisanal conditions.
- For trimming, it is required to dismantle the plastic trim with backlight shades, which is attached with clips or screws. The installation method depends on the car model.
- The window is marked by drilling 4 holes with a diameter of 2-3 mm, then the opening is cut using a saw or jigsaw. The edges are smoothed with a file. A test setup of the camera is performed to check the viewing angle of the selected layout solution.
- Mount the camera body in the housing and secure the parts with 2-component epoxy adhesive. It is recommended to first make sure that the lens is positioned correctly by connecting the equipment to the radio. Since the epoxy glue hardens within 3-5 minutes, there is time for the user to adjust the position of the device.
After installing the rear view camera, they begin to lay the switching cables, which are routed through the interior of the car to the main acoustic device. The connection between the cord and the player depends on the model and manufacturer. Pioneer radios are equipped with a special plug for connecting a camera. Users confuse it with a yellow “tulip”, which is intended for switching equipment operating in manual control mode.
Correct connection diagram of the rear view camera guarantees the start of signal transmission only after engaging reverse gear. For commutation, a switch is used, located in the speed selection mechanism. Some cars do not have such an element, so a connection is used to the reversing light switch or to the lamp holders located in the aft lampshades. The patch cable is gently inserted into the plug, held by the factory spring-loaded contact.
The instructions supplied with the radio tape recorder contain recommendations on how to properly connect and adjust the camera. If the user has difficulty in connecting or installing additional equipment, it is recommended to contact the service center.
The adjustment of the operating parameters is carried out through the menu sections. The user activates the signal transmission and then adjusts the picture resolution of the display. It then searches for the balance of brightness and contrast under different ambient lighting conditions. On Pioneer head units, a warning message appears on the screen informing the driver of a possible mirror image. The text is displayed when the camera is off; to disable the need to adjust the polarity of the connected cable reversing alarm.
Used when installing multiple parking cameras, a 2-position switch allows you to display images from the front and rear devices. When the switch is set to receive a signal from the rear camera, the broadcast begins after the gearbox lever is moved to the reverse position. To view the situation in front of the car, you will need to move the lever to a different position. If at the same time try to engage reverse gear, the image will NOT change.
Connecting a rear view camera to a Chinese radio
The last thing a driver wants to do is damage the car while parking on a busy street. Especially if it’s someone else’s car.
And the truth is, no matter how experienced the driver is, there is a subtle little thing that will cause trouble. In such a situation, a rear view camera comes in handy. It significantly improves visibility and avoids unpleasant excesses.
Today, many cars are equipped with this useful gadget, especially the premium segment. But early models lacked such a function, which means. there is a reason to pick up a tool.
How to connect a rear view camera to a Chinese radio tape recorder today will be discussed.
How to choose a system
The automotive electronics market abounds in a variety of connectivity kits. This is especially true for products from China.
Indeed, for some owners, the quality of the transmitted picture or the backlighting in the dark is not at all critical. So not worth paying money for unused features.
- Video resolution. The higher this parameter, the better the video quality is on the screen. High-resolution cameras provide detailed images of the smallest objects behind the car.
- Matrix sensitivity. Sometimes this parameter is indicated by the “ISO” symbol. Cheap models are not equipped with sensitive matrices, this directly affects the image quality in the dark. The picture is fuzzy, it floats while moving.
- Shooting coverage. The standard viewing angle range is 120-180 degrees. A high value helps to make the video panoramic, a lot of space will fit into the frame. But there is an insidious moment: at such angles, the real dimensions of objects are distorted, which can deceive an inexperienced driver. Therefore, the optimal solution should be sought between These values.
- Camera body and installation type. Waterproof devices can be safely installed outside the car, they are not afraid of water and dirt. But they will always be available to thieves. Indoor cameras are installed in the luggage compartment. Space coverage will decrease, but the device will always be dry and protected from prying hands.
- Connection type. Standard. wired connection. A cable is laid from the monitor or radio to the back of the car. unusual is the wireless connection. The driver does not need to remove the trim and hide the wiring. But this method requires additional accessories. transmitters.
- Rear cameras with backlight function. With such devices, you can easily navigate in the dark. Illumination is carried out by infrared diodes or an additional lamp. This function is useful for those cars in which the taillights are small and give a low light. Do I need this type of cameras. the owner decides individually.
You must also pay attention to the method of displaying the image. It can be a separate monitor or a 2din radio with a built-in screen. If the quality of the latter suits, it makes sense to install a second monitor.
How to connect a camera to a radio tape recorder with your own hands
Initially, you need to choose an installation location. There is enough space in the back of the car, but when you take into account the coverage of the broadcast picture, the choice decreases.
It is worth considering the location of the camera eye. He must have a view over the entire shooting angle and NOT be obstructed by other body elements.
There are two installation options: under the license plate and under the rear window. Here it is worth considering the type of car body. For station wagons, due to the lack of a long trunk, both methods are suitable. For sedans, the best place. in the license plate compartment.
Let’s move on to the connection. Before starting work, you must prepare the tool:
- The camera kit itself with wires;
- Keys set;
- Plastic ties;
- Electrical tape or heat shrink tubing.
Sometimes you may need to drill multiple holes to mount the rear camera. In this case, you should stock up on drills and a drill. Some car models have a prepared place for the camera, for which it is enough to pull out the factory cap.
Prepare the vehicle interior for wiring. Pull the upholstery gently. Choose a location where the cable will not be deformed by the feet of passengers and avoid sharp bends in the cable. It will be reliable to strengthen the wire on the standard highway cars. Strengthen the main line with plastic ties.
Advice: for the safety of the electrical circuits of the machine, all connections should be made with the battery disconnected. This eliminates the risk of accidental short circuit to ground.
Diagram of connecting the camera cable connectors to the car radio
When the preparatory work is completed, the cables are laid, you can proceed to connecting all the system components.
Let’s take a closer look at the diagram:
A standard connection cable consists of two parts:
- Yellow. signal;
- Red. food.
Please note that voltage wire colors may vary on different models.
The connection of the video signal is carried out through connectors of the “tulip” type.
The standard method for powering and activating the camera is through the reversing lights. The principle of operation is as follows:
- The red wire connects to the lights, the black one. per vehicle weight.
- The signal cord, through the trunk in the passenger compartment, is connected to the radio tape recorder through the Video In.
- When you turn on the reverse, a voltage appears on the supply conducts the camera, which activates it.
- The radio tape recorder detects the signal on the input channel and switches to the image broadcast mode.
Very often, the radio is connected via the ISO connector. In this case, you should familiarize yourself with the connection pins and find the video input.
The second connection method allows you to activate the surveillance system regardless of the reverse. For this, 12V is supplied to 2 wires. Red and blue. The first is connected to the ignition switch, to the key1 position. ACC. The second is supplied to the reversing lamps.
With this method, the system will operate in two modes:
- When shifting into reverse gear;
- In key positions key1 and key2. Ignition, which corresponds to the included vehicle electrical system and ignition.
Some models of radio tape recorders require manual activation of the shooting mode in the “settings” of the device. After activation, you should check the work in different key positions, especially in key2.
The next step. adjust the radio itself, namely focus, sharpness and light sensitivity. Different systems offer a different set of settings, so configurations are individual.
Tip: It is important to observe strict correctness when connecting the wires. In order not to be mistaken, it is recommended to assemble the system on a table and configure it. When connecting the supply components to the vehicle network, protect them with fuses.
Connecting a car reversing camera to a laptop
To be able to view the picture on a laptop, you need a special TV tuner. It can be used to match an analog signal with a computer.
Ways to connect two Chinese cameras to the radio tape recorder
On the market Models for dual-zone monitoring of the machine space are presented. in the front and in the back. This solution allows you to register Potential emergencies on the road, and Fix the state of the car in the absence of the owner.
Connection and configuration is carried out in the following order:
- The on-board network of the car is de-energized;
- The front camera is installed on the rear-view mirror holder;
- Mount the back;
- For aesthetics, the connecting wires are led to the main module under the passenger compartment trim;
- If the head unit has two Video In. Connect signal wires to them. In the case when the kit has its own recorder. choose the place of its installation, connect to the network and cameras;
- We check the connections according to the installation diagram, turn on the battery;
- Configuring the parameters of the cameras.
It remains only to test the system in motion and, if necessary, make corrections.
Sometimes it happens that one of the cameras does not provide adequate coverage of the space in front of it. Exit. purchase an overlay “Fish Eye”. It acts as a wide-angle lens and widens the angle of view.
How to connect a mirror with a rear view camera
The way to connect such a mirror is no different. The connection diagram looks like:
expensive mirrors support both sides of the vehicle. The front camera is already integrated into the product body and does not require connection.
Connecting a Chinese rear view camera to a Japanese radio
Lovers of high-quality audio systems Japanese equipment. But they have their own nuances when connecting video cameras.
Consider an example on a Pioneer 2din radio tape recorder. Installation has a similar procedure:
- The camera is powered from the reversing light.
- The signal cable is connected to the Video In connector. Usually, in this model, a brown tulip responds with theft of the video.
- We check in the settings the inclusion of the camera and its operation.
The system works, but automatically, when driving backwards, it will not turn on. It is enough to connect the purple wire of the head unit to the rear lights, where the camera is. The problem will be fixed when the reverse gear is engaged. The radio tape recorder will understand that you need to activate the shooting mode.
The rest of the installation points of the device remain the same.
Rear-facing or front-facing cameras have proven themselves to be the best among car enthusiasts. With their appearance on board the car, it becomes easier to navigate in confined spaces. Their correct installation requires some knowledge from the owner. But with the advice given, any driver can do it.