Why no sound via HDMI on TV, external monitor, console
Inteeis HDMI allows you to easily and quickly display an image and sound from a computer (laptop) on a TV, an external monitor, console and other. audio video devices.
Typically, the devices are enough to connect the cable and in the settings to specify to use HDMI port. Agree, it is very convenient and quickly (at least compared to more “old” intees).
But even modern technologies are far from the ideal, and when working with HDMI, there is one typical problem. when there is an image, and there is no sound (or the sound continues to play PC speakers / laptop) ! It may occur for a number of reasons why I am going to stop today.
Note: I can not not warn you about the precautionary measures when working with HDMI. With the “hot” connection of the HDMI port can burn down (I recommend to get acquainted with my previous article). https: // OCOMP.Info / Hot-HDMI-GORIT.HTML
Instructions for connecting a laptop to TV [by HDMI]. https: // Ocomp.INFO / KAK-PODKLYUCHIT-NOUTBUK-K-TV.HTML
What to do if there is no sound on the computer
All the reasons for the lack of sound are shown in the author’s order, depending on their “popularity”.
In Windows 11/10 first, try to click right-click on the sound icon in the tray (if it is not. Read it) and open the sound parameters. They need to check if the device serves sound! Cm. Example below.
Select a place to play audio / Windows 11
Also in Windows 11/10 there is a special master who can eliminate many problems with sound in auto mode. Therefore, before you understand yourself. I highly recommend it at least once.
- The first: just right-click on the sound icon in the tray (next to the clock). and select the item “Troubleshooting Sound”. Next, start the master. just follow its instructions;
- Second: Enter the system parameters (WinI), drive into the search string “Troubleshooting. “, and in the found results click on the desired master.
Troubleshooting when playing sound // Windows 11
Install HDMI as default playback device
When two or more sound cards are installed on PC, a conflict is usually arising. It is likely that the HDMI audio output is not turned on automatically, since the sound card of the speakers present inside the computer is read as the default device.
Here’s how to install HDMI as default playback device on PC with Windows 10:
Go to the Windows Search Window, enter the control panel and open it.
Select Looking: Large icons. Now click Sound.
Now the Sound Settings window will appear on the screen with the Playback tab.
Connect the HDMI cable. It will be displayed on the screen with the name of your device.
Note. If the device name is not displayed on the screen, right-click empty space. Check if the options are enabled Show disabled devices and show disconnected devices.
Now right-click an audio device and check whether it is enabled. If not, click Enable.
Now select your HDMI device and click Install Default.
Finally, click Apply, and then OK to save the changes and close the window.
How to connect a monitor with speakers?
Select the desired HDMI input on the TV as source, so that the image from the computer appears. Check, not twisted and does not turn off the sound on the TV itself. Next, on the computer, right-click on the sound control icon on the notifications panel. Select “Play Devices”.
How to turn on the sound on the Windows 10 monitor?
Right-click on the volume icon near the clock; Select “Playback Devices”; Choose a device through which audio should be played (for example, speakers) by clicking on it with the left mouse button; Click on the “Default” button at the bottom of the screen.
For headphones, a green color is used, and for a microphone. pink. Quite often over the connectors themselves also apply pictures that will help the user not mistaken. Next is a simple: you need to connect the green connector with green, and pink with pink. In laptops, the headset is connected in the same way.
Configuring Windows Playback Devices
Usually, when in Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7, you connect the TV or a separate HDMI monitor to a laptop, the sound automatically starts playing on it. However, there are exceptions when the playback device does not change automatically and remains the same. It is worth trying to check whether it is possible to manually choose what audio will be played on.
- Right-click on the speaker icon in the Windows notification area (right at the bottom) and select “Play Devices”. In Windows 10 1903, 1809 and 1803 To get to the playback devices in the menu, select “Open Sound Options”, and in the next window. “Sound control panel”, or through the control panel. sound.
- Pay attention to which of the devices is selected as the default device. If these are speakers or headphones, but the list also contains NVIDIA High Definition Audio, AMD (ATI) High Definition Audio or some devices with HDMI text, click on it right-click and select “Use Default” item (Do it, When the TV is already connected via HDMI).
- Apply the settings made.
Most likely, these three steps will be enough to solve the problem. However, it may turn out that there is nothing like HDMI Audio in the list of playback devices (even if you right-click on an empty list of the list and turn on the display of hidden and disconnected devices), then it may help the following solutions to the problem.
How can I fix the problems with sound after connecting the second monitor to PC?
It often happens that the sound is lost after connecting the second VDU, because the connected monitor automatically becomes the default playback device.
HDMI cables support audio signals, but not all monitors are equipped with its own set of built-in speakers. So you can’t get the sound from VDU without built-in speakers.
To solve this problem, it is usually necessary to reconfigure external speakers as the default playback device, as shown below.
- First right-click the speaker icon on the Windows taskbar and select “Play Devices” to open the window in the Screenshot directly below.
- Select speakers that are usually your default playback device.
- Then click the Set Default button.
- In addition, you can right-click on the playback device and select “Set as Device Device” in the context menu.
- Click “Apply” and “OK” to confirm the default playback device.
- If your optional VDU has built-in speakers, try turning off speakers and connect the monitor using an additional audio cable. Then you can get a sound with a monitor selected as the default playback device.
How to enable sound in system settings?
Pressing Ctrl Shift M activates the label to turn off the volume and turn off the volume of your system. Pressing Ctrl SHIFT U activates the label to turn on the volume and turn on the volume of your system.
Just press the speaker button to deploy the volume panel. Then click the speaker icon to the left of the slider to turn the sound. You must also make sure that the sound is not turned off or is not turned on the equipment side.
How to fix the sound of zoom?
Connect the HDMI cable to the computer and to the output device. In Windows, find and open the control panel. Click Sound, and then click Playback tab. Select the output device connected using the HDMI cable, and then click Install by default.