How to go to BIOS on Lenovo laptop?
Usually, the input in the BIOS settings does not arise problems. However, some Lenovo laptop models have certain features of the entry in the BIOS and the standard methods to get into it do not provide opportunities. In this article, you will learn about all the ways you can go to BIOS on Lenovo laptops.
Now there will be a complete list of methods that you can get into the BIOS on Lenovo laptops:
- F2 key;
- F2 key, with a preloaded FN button on the keyboard;
- Specialized Button NOVO Button;
- F1 key;
- ESC key;
- Through the EFI embedded parameters.
Further, all of the above methods will be considered in more detail.
Path 1. Use a function key to enter the BIOS on Lenovo laptops
In most cases, a functional key, such as F1 or F2, can help access BIOS. This is the most common way to enter BIOS. And such a key is also called the BIOS setup key. Stages of use will differ from different models of Lenovo in different operating systems.
Press the (FN) F2 or (FN) button F1 5-10 times after pressing the power button.
If you use the ThinkPad series laptop, press F1 on the ThinkPad logo while downloading your laptop.
Note. For some special models instead of pressing F1, you must continuously press the ENTER button during the power on the power process, to first get the start interruption menu.
Run the laptop, as usual, and reboot it. When you see the Lenovo logo, press (FN) F2.
If you are using the ThinkPad series laptop, you need to press F1 instead of FN F2 after restarting the laptop and see the ThinkPad logo.
Climbing and holding this key (no matter, right or left) and keeping it during a reboot, you can go to the BIOS on Windows 10. in particular, on some Lenovo laptop models. The method works quite rarely, however, they should not be neglected. at least because by closing SHIFT, you don’t have to rush with key combinations.
To enter the BIOS on Lenovo laptops running “eight” or “dozens”, you can use the built-in Windows option:
- In the “Special Download Settings” section, click on the “Restart Now” button. It is important to remember: the process will begin immediately and without additional queries, and therefore before clicking it is necessary to close open documents, save the changes made to the system and take other precautions.
IMPORTANT: Although the theoretically said algorithm must start UEFI, on Lenovo laptops by default for the primary download, it is BIOS. In addition, even if the owner turns out to be in “Extended Intees”, he will be able to fulfill all his tasks in it, bypassing the basic I / O system.
Login to BIOS with Button “Novo Button
Many laptop models Lenovo last generation began to be equipped with an additional functional button “Novo Button”. To help you enter the BIOS inteeis:
- Find the “Novo Button” key. It is usually located next to the laptop’s power button and has an image in the form of a curved arrow on its surface.
- Press and hold “NOVO BUTTON”, and then turn on the laptop button on.
- As soon as the laptop turns on (cooling fans rotate), release the function button.
- If everything went fine, a small menu is displayed on the screen. “NOVO Button Menu”, under which several points will be located.
- Select the “BIOS SETUP” command using the arrow on the keyboard and log in using the Enter key.
In some cases, you do not need to perform manipulations with the “NOVO Button” key and then pressing the power button. Just press (possibly to hold) the function button. the laptop will turn on and the corresponding menu will appear on the screen.
How to go to the BIOS when you turn on the laptop
Depending on the manufacturer, the year of release and a series of laptop Log in BIOS can be different. Various keys or even combinations are used, and the messages on the screen with the indication of the desired may not be.
It is better to check only one of the possible options at a time. If it does not suit, wait for Windows startup, restart the PC and try the other key or combination. Specify several options at once, since you can simply not get to the desired time interval.
Most often to go to the BIOS while turning on the laptop, the F2 key is used. Less common options. Del and F9.
If it does not work, turn off the laptop, hush the ESC, and then press the power button. Do not let the ESC until the boot menu appears on the screen. In it you need to go to ENTER SETUP and press ENTER.
In Acer laptops, the F1 and F2 keys are most often used, as well as the Ctrlaltesc combination. The Acer Aspire series may require CTRLF2. In the Travelmate and Extensa rules to enter Bios, you usually need to press F2 or DEL. In the old models of Acer laptops, CtrLaltdel and Ctrlaltesc combinations can be found.
To enter the BIOS on Lenovo laptops, you most often need to press the F2 key. On many ultrabooks and hybrid laptops, a series of F-keys can be activated only with Fn, and therefore it will be necessary to click FNF2. Where are the F8 and Del keys less often.
On many laptops companies on the side panel or next to the power button there is a special key to enter the BIOS. You can click on it only when the laptop is turned off.
To go to the BIOS on HP laptops, usually need to press the F10 or ESC key. But on old models, Del, F1, F11 or F8 may be required.
In Samsung devices, it is most often for the entry in the BIOS to press F2, F8, F12 or DEL. In case of access to F-row, only the FN button will require an appropriate combination: FNF2, FNF8 or FNF12.
VAIO series models can have a special Assist button. If you click on it while downloading a laptop, a menu will appear with the possibility of selecting Start Bios Setup.
In obsolete laptops, the F1, F2, F3 and DEL keys can be used.
In the case of Dell laptops, the most common transition option to the BIOS is the F2 key. A little less often meets F1, F10, Del, Esc and Insert.
Open the BIOS on the Lenovo laptop using the keyboard key
There is nothing difficult in this. Most often used key F2. It needs to be actively pressing immediately after turning on the laptop (after pressing the power button).
Immediately the BIOS menu should open. On my laptop it looks like this:
Rarely, but it happens that you need to press the combination of the FN F2 keys. It depends on the laptop model.
In the end, the menu it should also appear with the settings. By the way, you can change the order order on the BOOT tab.
Inteeis BIOS, as a rule, is a kind of text table, navigating which is carried out using the keys on the keyboard. Configuring the BIOS of almost any devices allows you to set the frequency of operation connected to a personal computer hardware component, as well as the parameters of their operation, change the configuration of the power supply mode, the order of switching on and more. In addition, it allows you to select the source of loading of the operating system, as well as the OS itself in the event that several are installed immediately.
Almost any user of a modern PC or laptop may encounter the need to enter BIOS. This may be required to configure any specific parameters, in order to diagnose the devices connected to the computer or to turn on (shut down) of various types of hardware components. Basically learn how to open and enter BIOS is not at all difficult, but some users have a problem with the fact that the laptop simply refuses to include BIOS standard, familiar methods. What to do in such a situation?
The thing is that on some models of laptops, for example, from Lenovo, the entrance to the BIOS panel is carried out not by the very standard methods that we will talk about in this article. Reading it to the end, you can easily open the BIOS on any laptop, including the Lenovo manufactured by Lenovo, and even learn how to install BIOS on your own.
How to go to the BIOS from the Windows 10 operating system?
If your computer equipment is installed “dozen”, you will be useful to the instruction described below:
- Open “Start” and go to “Parameters”;
- We are looking for the “Update and Security” tab;
- In the list on the left, select “Restore”, in the window that appears on the right, click “Restart Now”;
- After the process of turning and turning on the laptop, you will fall in the search and troubleshooting menu;
- As already considered in the fourth paragraph of our article, you need to click “Additional configurations”, then “UEFI embedded parameters” and upload BIOS mode.
How to go to BIOS on Lenovo laptop
Lenovo. one of the most popular firms manufacturers of laptops. By the way, I must tell you (from personal experience), laptops are quite good and reliable. And there is one feature of some models of these laptops. an unusual input to the BIOS (and it is very often necessary to go to it, for example, to reinstall Windows).
In this relatively small article, I would like to consider these input features.
Entrance to the BIOS on Lenovo laptop (step-by-step instruction)
1) Usually, to enter the BIOS on Lenovo laptops (on most models), it is enough when it is turned on to press the F2 button (or FNF2).
However, some models can not even react to these press (for example, Lenovo Z50, Lenovo G50, and in general, model range: G505, V580C, B50, B560, B590, G50, G500, G505S, G570, G570E, G580, G700. Z500, Z580 may not respond to these keys).
2) At the above models on the side panel (usually next to the power cable) there is a special button (for example, Lenovo G50 cm model. rice. 2).
To go to the BIOS you need: Turn off the laptop, and then click on this button (the arrow is usually drawn on it, although I admit that on some models the arrows may not be).
By the way, an important point. Not all Lenovo laptop models This service button is on the side. For example, on the Lenovo G480 laptop. this button next to the laptop’s power button (see. rice. 2.one).
3) If everything is done correctly, the laptop should turn on and the service menu with four items appears on the screen (cm. rice. 3):
To enter the BIOS. select BIOS Setup (Installation and Settings BIOS).
4) Next, the most common BIOS menu should appear. You can further configure the BIOS similarly to other laptop models (practically identical settings).
By the way, maybe someone will need: in rice. 4 shows the Lenovo G480 Boot Laptop section settings to install Windows 7 OS:
- Boot Mode: [Legacy Support]
- Boot Priority: [LEGACY FIRST]
- USB Boot: [Enabled]
- Boot Device Priority: PLDS DVD RW (This is a drive with the Windows 7 boot disk installed on it, please note that it is the first on this list), Internal HDD.
After changing all the settings, do not forget to save them. To do this, in Exit section, select “Save and Exit” (Save and Exit). After restarting the laptop. installation of Windows 7 should start.
5) There are certain models of laptops, such as Lenovo B590 and V580C, where the F12 button may be needed to enter the BIOS. Holding this key immediately after turning on the laptop. you can get to Quick Boot. where it is easy to change the order of downloading various devices (HDD, CD-ROM, USB).
6) And the F1 key is quite relatively rarely. You may need if you use Lenovo B590 laptop. You need to press and hold the key after turning on the device. The BIOS menu itself differs little from the standard.
The manufacturer recommends to charge enough laptop battery before entering the BIOS. If in the process of setting and installing parameters in the BIOS device will be disabled (due to lack of power). it is possible to problems in the further work of the laptop.
Honestly, not ready to comment on the latest recommendation: never experienced problems when the PC is turned off when it was in the BIOS settings.