Why can’t I hear the interlocutor on the phone, but he hears me. I am hard of hearing on my Android phone
A fairly common situation when, during a conversation on a mobile, one of the interlocutors does not hear the other, which makes both parties nervous, especially if you need to communicate important information.
When faced with a similar problem, many people write off their gadget and think about buying a new one, but this is a wrong action. Basically, when the interlocutor is not heard in the phone, it is not difficult to fix the breakdown, it all depends on the source of the malfunction. About what methods to use and will be discussed in this article.
Quiet conversation sounds are often the result of a broken modem in a new phone. The symptoms of this part in an Apple mobile device are as follows:
- rewind sounds are heard during a conversation
- connection suddenly disappears when making a call
- very quiet sound of microphone and speaker
It is very easy to determine that the caller cannot be heard on the phone due to a breakdown of the modem. If your smartphone does not catch the network or does not connect to the Internet, then most likely this is caused by damage to the modem. It is not recommended to repair or replace this part yourself, as careless actions can lead to more serious damage.
An even more powerful way to fix a software bug is to restore your iPhone. For this:
Note: You must have an up-to-date version of iTunes installed on your computer. You can update iTunes on Mac by going to the Updates tab in the Mac App Store, on Windows from Help → Updates. If iTunes is not installed on your computer, you can download the latest version on the official Apple website.
Download the latest iOS version for your iPhone on this website.
Connect your iPhone to your computer and then put your smartphone into recovery mode. To do this, simultaneously hold down the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button for 6-9 seconds. If you did everything correctly, iTunes will report iPhone detection in recovery mode.
Note: Putting iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus into recovery mode is slightly different. Instead of the Home button, you must hold down the Volume Down button.
Hold down the Shift key and hold it down and click “Restore” in iTunes. In the window that opens, select the previously downloaded firmware file.
Confirm the start of the recovery procedure.
After the restoration is completed, perform the initial setup of the iPhone, and then check if the error with the incorrect operation of the device receiver has been fixed.
How to test the microphone on an iPhone?
Go to the “Settings Privacy Microphone” section. Make sure the app is turned on. If the application has permission to access the microphone or is not listed, contact the application developer.
Contact the service center for help
If none of the above methods helped, in your case the problem is hardware. Only the specialists of the service center can help solve it.
Please rate 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Subscribe to us Telegram. In contact with. Instagram. Youtube.
The interlocutor is poorly audible. solution in 5 minutes!
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
Users of mobile devices from Apple sometimes have a situation when it is hard to hear the interlocutor on the iPhone. In exceptional cases, the cause of the malfunction is communication problems. just wait a while or restart the smartphone for the sound to return to normal.
If the problem of poor audibility during a call appears regularly, then you should look for the causes of the problem in the smartphone itself and eliminate them.
Where is the microphone on the iPhone 8?
The iPhone 8 Plus has three microphones. Some of them are responsible for conducting specific discussions. located at the bottom of the smartphone.
What to do if it became difficult to hear the interlocutor on the phone?
Try to make a call to a known working phone and check the sound quality. If this is not your case, then move on. Check the volume level. To do this, during a call, press the volume rocker up and check if there is a result.
Why is it hard to hear on iPhone 8?
Some iPhone 8 owners complain that the interlocutor is hard to hear. As a rule, the cause of this malfunction is a breakdown of the speaker, resulting from a strong impact of the phone on a hard surface. But sometimes the reason can be much more commonplace. the volume in the smartphone is reduced to a minimum.
What to do if the interlocutor is hard to hear on the iPhone?
If there is no sound or sound from the speaker on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Checking Sound Settings
- Clean receivers and speakers
- Check the sound on your device
- Try to make a call
Why the sound is bad when recording video on iPhone?
In silence, the system increases the sensitivity of the microphone, as if “listening” to soft sounds, this allows the iPhone to record audio in the room. On the street, there are already enough sounds, the microphone becomes less sensitive, and the cover or film that covers it does not transmit sound well.
Why poor audibility in a mobile phone?
Try during a call to go to the phone menu to adjust the volume of the device. On touchscreen phones, the volume level is often reduced due to the fact that the screen is in contact with the skin of the face. In some situations, poor audibility may indicate that there is a factory defect in the phone.
How to turn off noise canceling on iPhone 7?
If you encounter such a problem, then open the settings, go to “General”, then to “Universal access” (we have a detailed article about this menu) and turn off the switch on the line “Phone noise reduction”, which is located in the “Hearing” section “.
Why can’t I hear the interlocutor in Zoom?
The reason why there is no sound in the zoom conference is because the zoom sound is preset before entering the conference. When there is no sound in the zoom on Android and you see the following:. this means that the conference entry using an audio call via the Internet is not enabled.
How do iPhone speakers work??
Before you begin to describe the malfunctions and answer the question. Why is it hard to hear the interlocutor of the iPhone during a conversation and what to do in such a situation, you need to study the smartphone device and divide the breakdown into mechanical and software.
The iPhone has two speakers, the lower speaker, which is responsible for speakerphone, music playback and call sound, and the upper earpiece, which is responsible for hearing the interlocutor’s voice on the iPhone.
Malfunction with software
If the speaker is quiet, the problem lies in the OS of the device. If visual inspection has not yielded results, then restoring the device is the next step to solving the problem. How OS recovery works?
- Using a cable, connect the device to your computer, launch iTunes and create a copy of the gadget files. When restoring the software, contacts, music and photos will be deleted from the phone, so it is important to create a backup.
- Run the firmware using the “Restore” button.
How To Fix The Ear Speaker On Any iPhone! [Hearing Issues | Low Volume]
iTunes will find a suitable iOS and install it on the iPhone automatically. To speed up the process, if necessary, you can use a previously downloaded firmware file. Hold down the “Shift” key while specifying the path to the file, and then click “Restore”. Often on the iPhone 7, the interlocutor is hard to hear during a conversation due to software problems.
If it is not possible to reflash the phone on your own, the service center employees will help. They more accurately diagnose the cause of low audibility and install, if necessary, new software. We will talk about the service center in more detail a little later.
Shipping film and covers
Didn’t changing the position of the volume buttons improve the sound quality? Can’t hear another caller on iPhone 7? If we are talking about a transport film, then you may have forgotten to remove it from your mobile phone immediately after purchase. The film protects the device before purchase, but after purchase it does not make sense and prevents the speaker from working in normal mode.
What to do if the interlocutor is hard to hear on the iPhone?
From the above possible breakdowns and their symptoms, it is extremely difficult to correctly diagnose the place and cause of the breakdown. If you have little experience, it is better to start the test by checking the volume level in the settings and the silent mode key.
The best and simplest answer to the question. why you can’t hear the interlocutor of the iPhone, is to come to the “PlanetiPhone” SC for free iPhone diagnostics.
Software glitches and errors
Now we will analyze software faults that we can fix on our own without resorting to the help of the service.
It is worth remembering, did you connect speakers or headphones via Bluetooth? iOS may not properly disconnect the headset and think that it is still connected to the phone. Just go to settings and turn it off again.
On the iPhone, the interlocutor is hard to hear due to the use of third-party software. Remember what you installed before you discovered the problem. Try deleting them and rebooting. Hold down the Power and Home keys.
If the sound does not always disappear, but only in periods, it may be a glitch in the iPhone operating system. Try updating your firmware.
The speaker on the iPhone is hard to hear the interlocutor
Everything about the Internet, networks, computers, Windows, iOS and Android
Stages of repair in “PlanetiPhone”.
Get a discount now just by filling out an application on the website.
Practical Electronics Journal
The requirements for information security in the design of information systems indicate signs that characterize the applied.
The object does not support the Browseforfolder property or method: what is this error?
How to clean speakers on iPhone 7
Experts say that the smartphone is the dirtiest device. In terms of the number of microbes, it can only compete with paper money. Despite the fact that, unlike money, the phone is constantly in contact with our face and hands. Therefore, if you want to be healthy, you should regularly clean your gadget.
When to clean your iPhone speakers
One of the most frequent types of visits to us begins with the words “it has become quieter”. The situation does not change even if you increase the volume of the iPhone earpiece. There are several reasons for this symptom:
- reduced battery capacity;
- contact with moisture;
- hearing loss in the user.
Most often, a violation of the hygiene of use leads to a blockage, when the smartphone is carried without a cover, just in a
- If the user is working in a dusty environment, the speaker will need to be cleaned more often than usual.
- High room humidity also leads to rapid clogging, particles of debris and dust settle on the element grid.
To prevent contamination of the device, we recommend using the Airpods wireless headphones. To receive a call, you do not need to reach the phone, just touch the earpiece. The less we contact the phone, the cleaner it is.
How to clean iPhone 7 speakers
The iPhone 7 has two speakers. One is located at the top, the auditory, next to the front camera and at the bottom, to the right and left of the Lightning connector. It is the bottom speaker that provides stereo sound. And warning the question, how many speakers are in the iPhone 7? We answer: two, above and below. Depending on the detected defect, cleaning is required for the lower or upper element. If you have trouble hearing, the top speaker is most likely clogged. If you are hard to hear. lower.
Clogged speakers are manifested as reduced audibility, uncharacteristic noise and crackling.
If the smartphone has not come into contact with liquid, you can clean the iPhone speaker yourself. But in order for the cleaning to be of high quality, we still recommend contacting the service center, since often superficial cleaning is not enough. over, if you rub with a brush on the outer grill, you can aggravate the situation, move the litter deeper under the body. Under no circumstances should the openings of the grill be cleaned with a toothpick or needle, as the mesh may be damaged. And in this case, instead of cleaning, get a replacement module.
To properly clean the speaker on the iPhone 7 from dust, you need special tools for disassembling the case, a hard brush.
- Turn off the smartphone, remove the SIM card.
- Then unscrew the two screws on either side of the Lightning.
- We warm up the screen and, using prepared tools, disconnect the display from the case.
- Disconnect the battery cable after removing the protective plate.
- The hearing speaker is located on the display element. To start cleaning, you need to remove it. To do this, unscrew the protective bar into parts with the battery and disconnect the cables.
- After the two parts of the smartphone are no longer connected, you can proceed to dismantle the module itself. To do this, unscrew 3 screws.
- Now we carefully remove the speaker and clean it with any convenient object. It is important not to act carefully and not very intensely, so as not to damage the mesh.
- The earpiece speaker is located at the bottom of the case with the battery. It is somewhat more difficult to extract it than an auditory one. You must first remove the Tapic Engino vibration motor. There is a Wi-Fi module in the immediate vicinity of the speaker.
- After removing everything step by step, you can start cleaning the speaker itself.
- Upon completion, the device should be assembled in reverse order.
It is not as easy to clean a module as it might seem. It is not recommended for a layman to do this.
Where to clean your microphone on iPhone 7
We do not recommend cleaning your iPhone 7 speakers at home. In the event that after home service there are extraneous sounds, and the volume has not returned, we advise you to immediately contact AppleLab. It may well be that the problem is only in a poor-quality assembly. Or, the decrease in sound is due to other reasons, a malfunction of the module or other breakdowns. The exact diagnosis can be announced only after the diagnosis, which, by the way, is free with us.
How to solve the problem with the volume of an Apple smartphone on your own?
If your iPhone speaker is not working well, you can try to fix the problem yourself. It is possible that the earpiece or earpiece itself is working properly and the reason for the weak ringing on the iPhone is simply eliminated. Follow these steps:
- check the iPhone volume level. perhaps during a conversation you accidentally pressed the knob and the volume became lower
- reboot the device. a small software glitch is eliminated by the forced reboot method
- check the sound of the iPhone without a case. sometimes it is the protective case that dampens the sound during a conversation
- use a headset. insert the headphones into the jack and pull them out sharply
If none of the above steps helped and the sound of the subwoofer or ring is still weak, call a professional wizard to diagnose the device. The problem may be due to a broken microphone, oxidized contacts, a kinked ribbon cable, or a malfunction of other components.
The main causes of breakdown
If the speaker on your iPhone has become quiet, you should first examine the ear canal. If dust or dirt is found, it must be carefully cleaned. If cleaning the earpiece does not work, then other causes of the failure should be considered. The most common are the following:
- mechanical damage. poor sound of the phone may be the result of a shock, falling
- software crash. very quiet sound or no sound at all is often the result of a firmware failure
- moisture penetration. after moisture gets inside the smartphone, the printed track, board or other components are damaged, as a result of which the user cannot hear the interlocutor
Before deciding to replace the earpiece or earpiece, diagnose your smartphone and follow the recommendations for self-fixing volume problems.
Speaker on iPhone is not working well
And get the best deals from trusted masters.
- Compare and choose the best conditions
- Feedback from interested professionals only
- Don’t waste time communicating with intermediaries
Some users of Apple smartphones are faced with the fact that the speaker on the iPhone does not work well. during a conversation the interlocutor is almost inaudible, a weak sound when listening to music or watching movies. Most often, the cause of the malfunction is contamination of the protective membrane of the speaker and it can be eliminated by cleaning.
However, there are situations when the cause of poor sound during a conversation is damage to the internal components of the phone, and then cleaning the membrane mesh will not be enough to restore good audibility. To understand why an Apple smartphone has poor sound, you need to take a closer look at all the possible causes of the problem.
Professional smartphone repair
If the sound on the iPhone starts to drop and you are unable to solve the problem on your own, contact the experienced technicians registered on YouDo for help. Private technicians will replace the bottom speaker on any Apple device in a short time. The advantages of working with private craftsmen are as follows:
- inexpensive iPhone repair of any model at home
- replacement of broken components with original parts
- departure at a convenient time for you
- minimum cost of services
As soon as you notice that the sound of the phone has begun to drop and the call on the iPhone is almost inaudible, urgently call a specialist. The wizard will quickly determine why the sound is weak and, if necessary, replace the iPhone speaker with a guarantee for all work performed. Experts know perfectly well why the speaker on the iPhone does not work well, so they deal with the problem in a short time.
Weak speaker sound or why the iPhone became quiet?
Good! Just the other day, some incomprehensible nonsense began to happen to my iPhone. It consisted in the fact that the sound from the speakers. normal and spoken, suddenly became quiet. And if you can somehow live with the main unimportant speaker (nobody canceled vibro), then the fact that the interlocutor is very hard to hear during a call is quite a problem. And I really was about to go to the service, but before that I decided to tinker myself As a result, the author tried a lot of methods and one of them still helped. Victory!:)
To celebrate, it was decided to help everyone who encountered a quiet sound from the speakers on the iPhone and collect all the tips for eliminating this trouble in this article.
As the saying goes. we will always have time for the service, first we will try to fix it ourselves. Go!
At first I wanted to share the tips for each of the speakers specifically, and then I realized that they are almost identical. Therefore, do not blame me. all possible solutions will be presented in the form of a general list.
- Let’s start with the simplest, but you never know check if the volume is set to maximum? The buttons on the side of the device will help you change the volume.
- Reboot your phone.
- There is another very strange, but at the same time, frequent situation. Immediately after buying an iPhone, people sometimes complain about faint audio when talking. The whole problem is in the shipping film, which is glued to the phone right at the factory. Since the iPhone is an expensive device, some do not even remove the film. thus trying to preserve its appearance for a longer time. Naturally, this blocks the speaker and does not fully reach your ear.
- We continue about accessories and the next in line are covers. If worn, it is recommended to remove and check without them. Some part of the cover or bumper can easily block the lower speaker and thereby muffle the sound.
- It is possible that the mesh that covers the speaker membrane is clogged. In this case, you can try to clean it (alcohol, a toothbrush, cotton wool and some non-sharp object will help you) or blow it out, just do not forget about accuracy and caution during this whole process. True, one more problem may lurk here, you can clean the outside, but the dirt accumulates from the inside. You may have to disassemble the phone.
- Try plugging in and pulling out the headphones. Judging by the messages on the forums, some users are helped by just such a simple action.
- If moisture gets in and corrosion forms, the sound may also be muffled or even absent altogether. How to be? We read about water and the iPhone here, about complete silence. here.
It must be remembered that there is only one bottom speaker. it is on the right.
- At least a very strange phenomenon.
- As a maximum, you are the owner of an absolutely unique device.
However, let’s go back to what helped the author of this blog. And in the end, my situation was solved very simply.
Some kind of software glitch was to blame for everything, which I personally associate with the use of beta firmware.
It was enough to do the restoration and that’s it. the sound became loud again. Yes, it took a little time, but better than walking around with a quiet iPhone 🙂
How To FIX iPhone Speaker Problems & NO SOUND [SOLVED!] [UPDATE!]
I hope that one of the listed methods will still help you and you won’t have to go to the service center.
However, it may happen that this cannot be avoided.
Fortunately, there is good news (of course, if in this case they can be good at all). such repairs will be relatively inexpensive. And they will do it quickly. Replacing speakers is a simple operation.