iPhone 7 camera and flashlight not working
Tell me what the problem might be: both cameras (main front camera) and flashlight / flash stopped working. Lomasters say that you need to disassemble and look, but you don’t really want to disassemble, since the bodies are waterproof.
I have 2 options: 1. firmware 10.3.2 is not correct. 2. bodies fell, but not much, from a not great height.
Maybe someone came across, I will be glad to help! Thank you in advance for your constructive answers!
iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus and X Camera Flashlight Not working
The 7th generation iPhone has a very vulnerable camera. it may freeze, require cooling before using the flash, give a black screen or not work at all. The reasons for the breakdown can be very diverse:
- mechanical impact. it is not easy to break the outer glass of the camera even with a strong impact or fall, but it is not at all difficult to damage the fragile internal mechanism or plume;
- moisture can both provoke a short circuit and corrosion of metal contacts if the liquid remains inside the device for a long time;
- system crashes can also lead to incorrect operation. on iPhone 7, the camera will not work due to a virus, problematic applications for working with the camera and photo processing, etc.
Let’s figure out how to reanimate the camera if it suddenly stops working. Before disassembling the phone yourself or taking it to the service, make sure that the reason is not a software failure. There are some very simple guidelines for restoring camera operation:
- try toggling power saving mode off and on;
- Switch the front and rear camera several times in turn;
- close all applications for working with the camera, remove the last installed;
- press lightly on the camera.
If these methods did not help, and the camera does not work on the iPhone 7, the black screen still does not allow shooting, you can go to the standard list of tips for fixing iPhone software crashes:
- Do a hard reboot (press the Home and Power buttons, do not release until the device reboots);
- Do a full factory reset (“settings” → “general” → “erase content and settings”). Do not forget to save all important information in iCloud beforehand;
- Reflash (install and run iTunes on your PC → connect the iPhone, it will appear in the program → find the item “Restore iPhone” → select it by holding the Shift key for Windows or Alt for Mac OC → in the “File Manager” select the desired firmware and click “Open”).
If all of the above methods do not work, the breakdown is clearly hardware and for further repair the phone will need to be disassembled. It is not worth doing repairs if you do not have special skills. it is better to entrust your iPhone to professionals. If you are confident in your abilities, let’s start disassembling the iPhone 7:
- Unscrew the two lower bolts with a screwdriver;
- Using a metal or plastic spatula, snap off the display module from the case;
- Next, you need to unscrew the two screws on the upper metal protection, remove it and remove the front camera cable;
- Unscrew two more screws at the connector for the cable;
- Now you can snap the camera off the PCB;
- Installing a new camera and assembling the phone in reverse order.
If the camera still does not function after replacing the module, there may be a problem with the system board. But since the motherboard is technically very complex, and most importantly. an expensive device, it is undesirable to repair it yourself.
The first and most frequent breakdown is the glass on the iPhone 7 cracked, or even shattered. The reason is simple. the entire front part of the gadget is occupied by glass, the cat.
If your iPhone loses network, there are several ways to fix the problem. Someone calls you, and after some time the connection is disconnected and the call is terminated. R.
Hey! Just recently, I had to update an iPhone 5S on iOS 10 to one friend and everything would be fine, but then I would not write this article 🙂 In general, the next day he came to me and said literally the following: “Apple is all scoundrels They artificially make the devices obsolete. they are forced to buy new ones. Look, after the update, my rear camera stopped working (there is now always a black screen), and the flashlight does not turn on, it constantly writes about some kind of overheating, although the device is completely cold “.
I can certainly believe that Apple is somehow being forced to buy their new gadgets (for example, adding new chips). But not as barbaric. a simple update breaking cameras. Therefore, it was decided to try to correct this ailment and it worked! How? I’ll tell you now, let’s go!
From the outset, it should be noted that, with regards to this problem, the rear camera and flashlight are dependent on each other. The camera will show a black screen, and when the flash is turned on, it will be written: “The flash is off. Cooling is required before using the iPhone flash. ” This is, so to speak, the main symptom.
So, first of all, I climbed to look and see what people write about this. It turns out that the Apple forum already has a whole thread dedicated to this ailment. And there will be enough such “lucky ones” (with a camera that does not start after the update) for the whole town. True, it mainly deals with the iPhone 5, but the 5S, as well as other gadgets on iOS, are also mentioned. Here are some tips and actions we managed to spy on. after completing them, the camera worked again for some:
- Enable or disable power saving mode (how to do this?).
- Switch cameras (from front to back) several times. Until the black screen disappears and it starts to turn on.
- Apply a little pressure around the camera (very carefully!).
- Close all applications that might be using the camera and try again.
If it does not help, then we proceed with the standard set of Apple technical support tips designed to eliminate any error related to the iPhone and iPad:
If the skills of assembly and disassembly are not alien to you, then we check and turn on / off:
Perhaps they just moved away after a fall or other blow. If the phone has been unofficially restored, reassembled, or has undergone some kind of “handicraft” repair, then very often it can be noted that there is no special film on the cables, which allows you to securely fix the cable in the connector. And at the slightest fall, it just falls out.
Even if everything is in place and it seems to you that they are firmly installed to the end, in order to solve the inoperative flash and black screen when starting the camera, you need to pull them out and insert them. Yes, a simple reconnection is enough in most cases.
It should be noted here that a friend bought an iPhone 5S on the market and who, how, and from what assembled it. we naturally do not know. In any case, if on the previous version of iOS this did not prevent the camera from starting normally, then after the update something went wrong and instead of the subject we saw a solid black screen.
I hope that you will not get to the point of disassembling the device and making the camera with a flashlight work in other, simpler ways. Although there is nothing difficult in the last version, you just need to act carefully and not break anything else 🙂
Crash in third party camera app
- third party camera app
- installed on iPhone
- does not display picture
- black screen is on when turned on
- faulty application
- the app does not have access to the camera
- reboot third party camera / iPhone app
- reinstalling a third-party camera application, opening access to the camera
If it crashes in a third-party camera application that you installed on your iPhone, the first thing to check is if the camera works in the official Camera application. If everything is fine in it, then you should look in the settings whether the application is allowed to access the camera or reinstall the application if it is faulty.
Note: this method can also help if you do not have a camera / application icon on your desktop
First way: How to check / open access to the camera on iPhone:
- Go to Settings app
- Then open the Screen Time tab
- After that, you need to open the Content and Privacy panel and go to “Allowed Applications”
- Check the list of available applications (the switch must be green).
Method two: How to check / open camera access on iPhone:
- Open the settings app
- Go to the “Privacy” panel
- Then go to the “Camera” tab. It will display all applications that have access to your iPhone’s camera.
- Activate the switches in green in the applications that you select.
If that doesn’t work, you can reinstall the third-party camera app by first uninstalling it.
Remove the iPhone app from the home screen:
- Tap and hold your finger on the application icon on the desktop
- Click “Remove Application”.
We delete the application through the settings:
- Opening the settings
- Go to the main settings tab
- Opening the “iPhone Storage / iCloud” panel
- Open the tab with the desired application and click delete.
Insufficient memory / low battery
- camera does not work
- the black screen is lit in the “Camera” application
- the message “The camera cannot be used” was displayed
- insufficient space on iPhone or low battery
Reasons: Not enough space on iPhone or low battery
Fix: clearing iPhone memory / charging device
Lovers of selfies and photographing everything around may be upset, because the memory on the iPhone, unfortunately, is not endless. So is the battery charge. If your iPhone doesn’t have enough memory, it’s time to get rid of something extra. If the problem is with charging, it’s time to recharge the device to continue using its camera.
What to do if the camera is not working on iPhone
The iPhone camera is almost the most important and beloved part of an apple smartphone. High-quality hardware, a first-class operating system. literally everything makes the iPhone the leader among smartphones in photography. Despite the fact that the iPhone camera is physically damaged quite rarely (in comparison with other smartphones), it can still sometimes glitch and malfunction. We will tell you why this happens and whether you can fix this problem yourself.
- iPhone camera displays black screen
- iPhone is overcooled, iPhone won’t turn on after restarting (while you’re in the cold)
Causes: temperature instability
- go to a place with a stable room temperature
- use protective iPhone case
When trying to take a photo on an iPhone in winter, when the temperature outside is simply phenomenally low, users may encounter operating system problems. Don’t be surprised if your camera stuck in the cold or your iPhone stops working. This is Apple’s standard security system that disables your device when it is exposed to these conditions. Needed in order to avoid battery wear.
As soon as you leave a place with a low temperature (20 ° C or lower), the iPhone warms up and you can turn it back on. Usually, after this “emergency shutdown” everything works as it should. If you want to avoid turning off in the cold, use a protective original Apple case made of leather or silicone, which is covered with microfiber inside.
Crash in the Camera application
- black screen
- iPhone is frozen
- the snapshot button in the app is not working
- does not switch front / main camera mode on iPhone
- bug of the “Camera” application
- incorrectly installed iOS update
- poor quality firmware
- “Broken” version of iOS
- unsuccessful jailbreak process
- forced closing of the “Camera” application
- emergency reboot / flashing iPhone via DFU mode
- iOS restore from backup
It is not uncommon for the Camera app to crash on iPhone. A similar nuisance can happen if you run too many applications in the background or incorrectly installed an operating system update.
Usually, a simple forced closing of the application helps to avoid the problem, and a simple reboot often saves. Nevertheless, if this did not help you and the Camera application on the iPhone still displays a black screen, you need to resort to restoring an iOS backup or repairing the device at an Apple service center.
Overlapping / contamination of the chamber
- iPhone camera is working, but black screen is visible
- spots visible in the camera app
- iPhone won’t focus photo / takes blurry shots
Reasons: a case or any other object of dirt is blocking the camera lens
- removing iPhone from case
- getting rid of the object that is blocking the lens
It’s funny, but there are times when we simply forget that something may be blocking the iPhone’s camera. Also, the camera lens is prone to dirt. To avoid panic, first wipe the lens and check to see if anything is blocking the camera. It is trite, but sometimes the reason for the “malfunction” is simply an incorrectly selected case, careless handling of the iPhone or an incorrectly installed protective glass.
Note: if your camera does not focus, the reason may lie in disabling autofocus. The AE / AF Lock indicator will light up on the screen in the Camera application. To disable it and fix the problem. just click on the focus icon and enable autofocus.
Voice-Over function is on
- camera does not work
- the black screen is lit in the “Camera” application
Reasons: Voice-Over function is enabled Correction: Voice-Over function is disabled
Apple has developed a special Voice-Over feature for the iPhone, which should make it easier for the blind or visually impaired to use the iPhone. However, if this feature is enabled, you may experience a black screen when activating the camera on your iPhone. Therefore, the function can be disabled.
- Open settings
- Go to the Basic tab
- Then open the accessibility menu
- Disable Voice-Over function
Camera and flash don’t work
- the camera does not work, the black screen is on in the “Camera” application
- camera flash does not work
- iPhone flashlight does not work
- damage to internal components of the iPhone camera
- hitting iPhone in water
- iPhone drop
Fix: diagnose and repair the iPhone camera at a specialized service center
The saddest breakdown is the breakdown of the camera module on the iPhone. You can calculate this breakdown yourself if you try to activate the flash / torch. It does not work. there is a problem with the entire camera module and, unfortunately, it is impossible to fix it yourself.
However, you can contact the iLab service center or call our technician to your home so that he can quickly fix your iPhone camera.
In this article, we have covered only the most common reasons why your iPhone’s camera may not work. In fact, there are much more of them, believe me. This is because the iPhone and iOS are a one-piece system in which the failure of one of the parts / components of the code can lead to the termination of the device.
We are very glad if our advice was useful to you and we will be grateful for your feedback. Nevertheless, we strongly ask you not to ignore the breakdown of your iPhone and contact the service center in time, if you have such an opportunity.
Remember: if you follow the iPhone well, it can serve you for a very long time and regularly.
Why is my front camera not working??
Since the camera lens is located on the front of the device, it can be easily damaged by mechanical impact. Another common reason is that the front camera stopped working due to liquid getting on the surface of the device.
What to do if the front camera does not work on the phone?
If the camera does not turn on on Android, then the causes of the problem may lie in software errors or problems at the hardware level. To fix errors, clear the cache of the standard program:
- Open the settings.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Select the default Camera application.
- Clear data and cache.
How to enable flash on iPhone iOS 13?
How to turn on flash on incoming calls and notifications on iPhone with iOS 13
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accessibility section.
- Select Audiovisual Material.
- Slide the Flash alerts switch to On.
Why does the camera show a black screen?
Oftentimes, a black screen in the Camera app instead of the expected image indicates a hardware problem, but sometimes software can be the source of the problem. If this method does not work, then the camera application must be closed through the multitasking screen and started again from the home screen.
What to do if the camera and flashlight do not work on iPhone?
What to do if the camera and flash are not working on iPhone 5?
- First of all, check the performance of the LEDs by turning on the Camera. Flashlight application.
- Reboot your device.
- Run software update.
- Click on the lightning bolt in the upper left corner and set the correct function parameters.
How to turn on camera and flashlight on iPhone?
There are several ways to turn the flashlight on or off. Change the brightness of the flashlight
- On an iPhone with Face ID or iPad, swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center.
- Press and hold the flashlight button.
- Drag the slider up or down.