Connecting an IP camera via a browser
You can connect the IP camera to most popular web browsers. This is easy enough if you follow the instructions. It can be applied to many browsers as it is pretty standard. If there are differences in the connection, then they will be insignificant. These connection tIPs apply to browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
For example, in the IP-camera, the IP-address is 192.168.0.5, in the computer we put 192.168.0.11 with the mask 255.255.255.0.
The descrIPtion of the following points assumes that the camera is already connected to the Internet.
- First you need to open the IP-camera settings. To do this, enter its IP addresses into the address bar of the browser. It is usually listed in the instructions for the camera.
- Next, go to SETTING. BASIC. Network. Information. There we will find out which HTTP port number the camera uses. Initially, it should be 80. As a rule, there is a need to change the port number, but sometimes providers can block it. In this regard, the number may have to be changed.
- After changing the number of transitions to another section, initialize. It is located in the basic settings in the System section. Here we reboot the camera for the new port number to take effect.
- After the IP-camera has rebooted, open the camera as indicated in the first paragraph on the home computer.
After completing all of the above, you need to configure port forwarding on the router. How to set it up depends on the model you are using. If there are any malfunctions in the operation of the IP-camera, have you checked everything correctly?
If you still DO NOT connect an IP camera through a browser, see below.
The IP camera is NOT connected via a browser. What to do?
Users often encounter problems connecting IP cameras via the Internet. This article should provide comprehensive answers to all questions that may arise in the process.
What to do if you can’t connect the camera to Wi-Fi?
Problems with connecting the camera to Wi-Fi can arise for several reasons. The most popular are:
- There is no Wi-Fi connection setting in the IP camera. Often inexperienced users just plug in the device, forget about setting. However, the camera must at least provide the network name and its password.
- The IP camera is connected to the computer with a cable. If the ego is not disconnected, then there is a possibility that the camera will not be able to connect to Wi-Fi.
- The IP camera does not see the required wireless network. Often this problem is revealed during setup. This can be a veil of various reasons:
- External antenna problem. See if everything is in order with her, whether she is tightly connected to the equIPment.
- The Wi-Fi range does not reach the camera. It is NOT checked whether the equIPment and the router are too far from each other and whether there are nearby devices muffling the signal.
- Your wi-fi works in hide mode and the camera does not see it. If other equIPment, which did not have connections to your Wi-Fi, also DOES NOT see it, then this is most likely the case.
- Sometimes the problem is that the wi-fi has a complex type of encryption. This means that the network name and its password contain different non-latin characters or its name is too long. This is a common problem that occurs when connecting to routers in which the Wi-Fi n-lite transmission standard. These difficulties can arise when connecting any third-party device to this wireless network. Everything is solved simply. Give your Wi-Fi a shorter name or Change your password. So that there are no problems with the connection Use exclusively Latin characters, set a short network name and password.
- The DHCP IP address issuing service may not have been enabled when configuring the access point. Or it crashed and it does NOT work correctly. That is, your device did not receive the IP addresses that the router gave it to. In this case, you can assign an IP address yourself. For this:
- Open the camera web interface
- Open Network Settings and then Network Settings
- Cancel receiving IP from DHCP server
- Assign the required IP addresses, gateway, DNS, http port, which should be set to 81, and the subnet mask, as a rule, is set automatically.
- Another common reason is that the network has some kind of restriction. This could be:
- Prohibition of connecting equIPment via MAC.
- Limit on the number of devices connected to this network.
- Prohibition of equIPment connection by IP-addresses.
- And other non-trivial settings.
If all devices that you have NEVER connected to your Wi-Fi before have problems connecting to your network, then it is likely that this is due to the limitations described above. You need to configure the access point so that you get rid of THESE problems. If setting the network is not possible, then you need to configure the camera taking into account the existing restrictions.
Problems with the camera after the update. why is it unavailable
If the webcam defender, logitech c270, c310, genius disappeared after updating skype, you should pay attention to the compliance with the technical requirements for the pc, laptop Samsung, Sony, Dell, Mac or phone. Until now, devices are used, on which not everything may work in the function of the newest, latest version of Skype. over, everything could work in the update, and after installing it, problems appeared. This is due to the increased requirements for equIPment power.
They depend on the operating system used on the pc, laptop acer aspire, toshiba, sony vaio, asus, dns, dell, samsung:
|OS||Processor, not less||OP, not less||Additional programs|
|Windows 7-10, Vista, XP||1 GHz||512 MB||DirectX 9.0|
|Mac OSx10.10||1 GHz||1 GB||QuickTime|
|Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8.0, OpenSUSE 13.3, Fedore Linux 24||Intel Pentium 4||512 MB||Libappindicator1, GtkStatuslcon|
Android mobile devices must have version 6.0 for skype update to work properly. When doing this, it is important to ensure that there is 32MB of free memory. IPhone, IPad must have iOS 10 or higher.
If the phone is using Windows Mobile, the version must be NOT lower than 10.
Another reason why my camera is not visible on an Android mobile, IPhone, or tablet after turning it on is that the user, when making a call, turns on the rear one instead of the front one. Fix the problem easily. switch devices.
Why skype does NOT connect to the WEB-camera on the pc and the device writes Not found
There are several reasons why Skype does NOT find an external camera during a call, instead of an image it shows a black or white screen.
- After updating Windows, the wrong driver was installed, so the OS does not recognize the device. One of the additional evidence is that the flash player does not work;
- Purchased a new computer without software;
- Webcam is disabled in Device Manager. In this case, it is crossed out;
- IP camera is not connected correctly;
- The usb port does not work, through which an external device is connected;
- Installed ps3 eye without driver;
- Can’t configure the device correctly;
- Skype for some reason stopped seeing the working webcam;
- The messenger has detected that an old PC is being used;
- The camera, whether it’s Logitech, Microsoft’s Litecam, or any other, is faulty and in need of repair;
- An old version of skype is used;
- The messenger version does NOT correspond to the OS installed on the macbook, pc, phone;
- Not a standard webcam is connected, but a Canon, Nikon digital camera without streaming support;
- There is a problem with the motherboard.
Why the messenger does not see the built-in camera on a laptop in windows 7, 8, 10
The working web camera on hp, lenovo, toshiba satellite, msi, macbook laptops, regardless of the version of Windows and iOS, most often does not turn on and is NOT displayed for the same reasons as on a pc.
The main problem is the incorrect operation of the drivers. To check this version, do the following:
- Windows Go to Start, here double-click on “My Computer”, go to Properties;
- Windows Press Win and R at the same time. Also can be done on Windows 7;
- Windows Go to the Task Manager, see if there is an exclamation mark next to the camera name.
Why web camera Tenders after updating in skype. real help
Good afternoon, dear readers! It would seem that it is easier. you have turned on the connection in Skype, you get comfortable, you start to enjoy communicating with people who are now far from you. But no, problems may appear at this moment. For example, skype cannot connect to the webcam, there are problems with its control. For some reason, skype does not see the windows 7-10 camera, it has become inaccessible, is not detected, but not recognized, or a black screen appears. Let’s consider what this may be related to, how to solve the problem and where to find a webcam.
- Why skype does NOT connect to the WEB-camera on the pc and the device writes Not found
- Why the messenger does not see the built-in camera on a laptop in windows 7, 8, 10
- Problems with the camera after the update. why is it unavailable
Skype usually writes that the Tenders webcam is due to incorrect or incorrectly supplied drivers, problems with the gadget, program incompatibility with the OS and technical characteristics of the PC or laptop, incorrect settings.