IP camera connection
In the case of using a digital wireless video camera with a P2P cloud service, the process looks simple:
- Install a cloud service application that is used in video equipment.
- Create a new account in it, if the old one does not exist.
- Synchronize devices and connect them to the same network.
Note! If this is an IP camera that connects to the DVR with a wire, then if it does not support Wi-Fi, you will also have to connect a router to it. It is not a fact that such a bundle will work stably due to various compatibility problems.
How to connect the camera to the phone via Wi-Fi
Sometimes people want to be able to stream video from their cameras directly on their phone. This is convenient, but requires a certain sequence of steps to connect. Here’s how to connect a Wi-Fi or IP camera to your phone.
What is a Wi-Fi camera, how does it work
Before you figure out how to connect a Wi-Fi camera, you should understand what it is all about. Wi-Fi CCTV cameras are one of the branches of IP technology. They have their own web server, instantly compress video to save free space, and also have all the same advantages as conventional IP cameras. The difference between them lies only in the method of data transfer and the presetting of the connection.
Camcorders that use Wi-Fi technology are conventional wireless cameras that support the transfer of captured data over Wi-Fi. The advantage of such devices is obvious: you do not need to stretch or lay wires or cables to transmit signals to a recorder, router or other devices.
Note! A Wi-Fi camcorder is installed in those places where it is problematic to stretch the wires, or in rooms with a ready-made and beautiful repair.
It should be understood that these devices are not completely self-contained, as they must receive uninterrupted electrical power in order to continue filming. In any case, one cable is laid. this is the cord from the power supply. Usually the latter is used at 12 V, and plugged into a regular household 220 V outlet.
Wi-Fi cameras can work wirelessly, it’s easy to connect to them
09 How to Access IP Camera Not On LAN already
Wi-Fi camera setup
The process of configuring IP cameras and wireless video equipment usually does not take long. With the step-by-step instructions below, you can set up your connection in minutes.
Important! The only difficulties can arise only at the stage of connecting to the router, since not every camera can be supported by it.
Setting up an action camera
- They turn on the device, otherwise the computer simply won’t see the connection.
- Go to the camcorder menu and activate the “USB connection” or “Mass Storage” mode.
- Connect two devices with a simple USB cable.
- They are waiting for the recognition of the gadget and the automatic installation of the necessary software.
- Opens up camera storage as a simple removable media.
Important! If you want to make a wireless connection, then both devices must support Wi-Fi technology.
Viewing streaming video, which is filmed by an action camcorder, is possible through special software, which often depends on the model and manufacturer.
IP camera setup
As it has already become clear, the difference between an IP camera and Wi-Fi equipment lies in the method of connection. The first option must always be connected to the PC using a special cable. Configuration is carried out through a special program, which is located on the disk that comes with the equipment, or through any browser where the web interface will be available. In this regard, video cameras are similar to ordinary routers, which also have a settings address, login and password to enter them.
Viewing an image in a camcorder on a PC
How to connect a Wi-Fi camera to a computer or laptop
- offline mode, when the device does not connect to anything, but simply records, encodes, compresses and sends to the hard drive, SD card, etc.;
- connection with a wireless Wi-Fi video recorder, which receives its signals and transmitted data;
- use with personal computers or laptops. One of the most common options that has gained its popularity for its ease of setup and versatility.
As it was said, people often connect camcorders to personal computers, bypassing DVRs. The first method is impractical, since it will not be possible to monitor in real time everything that enters the lens of the device.
For your information! The simplest connection scheme is based on using a Wi-Fi-enabled TV, but if you need to not only monitor, but also fix it, this will not be enough. To do this, use a PC or laptop with a capacious hard drive.
All that is required to connect a wireless Wi-Fi camera is to install special drivers and instrument software on a PC or laptop. Further, a connection is simply created between the two devices.
The computer used to view and save video recordings must support wireless data transmission, that is, have a built-in or external Wi-Fi adapter.
This type of camera has its drawbacks, which is that the signals and electromagnetic waves that couple the devices can be significantly weakened by passing through walls and other obstacles. When installing them, this fact is thought out in advance. Also, the signal travels and is processed slower through the air than through the cable, which means there is a delay in the playback of streaming recording.
Internet Camcorder Connection Kit
How to connect a Wi-Fi camera. detailed instructions
Security and privacy play a huge role in today’s world. To a large extent, they are provided with digital technologies and special devices. One of them is a Wi-Fi security camera. It is a powerful enough tool to improve the security of an office, home, warehouse or personal garden. It is necessary to understand in more detail how to configure an IP camera via Wi-Fi, what it is and how to connect it.
We check if everything is in order with the router
The first thing to do is to check if everything is in order with your router. After all, the reason why your laptop does not connect may be in it. Let’s go to check.
- Take any other device (smartphone, tablet) and try to connect from Android, if it does not connect, then the reason is found, the router is guilty. Try to enter it and check all the settings, there is a chance that he reset them to the factory default.
- Go to the router and change in the section “Wireless”, “Wireless settings” opposite the line “Channel” instead of “Auto” put any channel. This must be done, because the router in the “Auto” mode can supply the 13th channel, alas, not all gadgets are able to work in it. Therefore, it is better not to risk it and set the Wi-Fi broadcast channel yourself. And in the same section, pay attention to the checkbox that should be opposite the line “Enable Wireless Router Radio”, if it is not there, be sure to check it. She is responsible for enabling the wireless network.
- Look at the indicators on the router, at least three LEDs should be on:
- – Power.
- – Wi-Fi.
- – WAN port
- – If the computer is connected with a cable, then the LAN will still be lit.
WAN does not light up, then check the cable that comes from the Internet provider, just pull out and re-insert the RG 45 plug.
- Check if you have configured a MAC filter on your router. Go to the “Wi-Fi” tab, “MAC filter”, then in the line “MAC filter restrictions mode” select “Disabled”. This is so that any devices can connect to the wireless network.
5 Try to set a new password for the wireless Wi-Fi network on your router, if you do not know how to do this, see the article: how to set a password on a Wi-Fi router. Then all over again, connect with a new password.
We check the Wi-Fi driver, reinstall
The fastest way to check the driver is through the “Device Manager”.
- A window will appear, select “Network adapters” from the list, click on the RMB line “Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN.” (you will have a different name for the wireless adapter), select “Properties”.
- Suddenly you see an exclamation mark or a yellow triangle on the wireless network adapter, then there is a problem with the driver. Remove the old one completely, download the latest one from the manufacturer’s website and install. In the “Driver” tab you will find all the necessary information about the version and manufacturer of the driver.
An excellent solution for users who do not want to search for drivers across the world wide web is to install the free DriverPack Solution program. This utility will check your entire computer for outdated or missing drivers. After that you will be presented with a choice of drivers that you can install, you just have to tick the boxes and watch the installation.
All malfunctions that may be on the laptop
Let’s take a look at the most common problems. Which are most often found among users. Because of which the laptop does not want to connect to Wi-Fi networks.
Making adjustments to power management
This step below may help some users. After completing it, your PC will stop disabling the wireless adapter during sleep mode. Wi-Fi connection will always be on.
- We go to the “Device Manager”, as described above in the article. Click on the network adapter with the right mouse button, select “Properties”.
- From the top row, click on the “Power Management” section, here you need to uncheck the “Allow this device to turn off.” line, click “OK”.
Now we try to connect on Windows 10, if it does not connect, then read the article further.
The laptop stopped seeing Wi-Fi networks
Does your laptop not connect to WI-FI networks and does not see them? In this article, we will not talk about this problem, since this topic was already described in the previous article. You can read it by clicking on the link: why the laptop does not see the Wi-Fi network, here you will find a detailed description and solution to this problem.
Check if Wi-Fi is activated at all on the laptop
There are not so many ways to turn on Wi-Fi, all the fastest can be read in our separate article: how to turn on WI-FI on a laptop. Here everything is written in simple language, it will be clear even to the user who sat down at the computer for the second time. Just read and follow everything step by step.
Quick solution to the problem if there is no WI-FI connection
- We reboot the router. Disconnect from the power supply for 1 minute.
- Restart your laptop or PC.
- We reconnect to the Wi-Fi network if the laptop sees it.
- Bring the gadget as close as possible to the router. There is a possibility that the WI-FI transmitter on the router has burned out, in this case it will work only if the device is very close to each other.
Features of connecting IP cameras and a router
Before we move on to the description of the connection procedure, we note that to configure the camera and router, you need a computer with an active Internet connection. The actual operation of establishing a connection between the surveillance device and the router consists of two stages. setting up the camera and setting up the router, and in that order.
Step 1: Configure the IP Camera
Each of the cameras of the considered type has a fixed IP address, thanks to which access to surveillance is provided. However, no such device will work out of the box. the fact is that the address assigned by the manufacturer most likely does not match the address space of your local network. How can this problem be solved? It’s very simple. you need to change the address to a suitable one.
Before starting the manipulation, you should find out the address space of the LAN network. How it is done is described in the following article.
Next, you need to find out the address of the camera. This information is in the documentation of the device, as well as on the sticker located on its body. In addition, the delivery set of the device must contain an installation disk, which, in addition to the drivers, also contains a configuration utility. in most of them you can find out the exact IP address of the surveillance camera. Using the same utility, you can change the address, but there are many varieties of such software, so a description of how to do this operation deserves a separate article. Instead of a utility, we will use a more universal option. changing the required parameter via the web interface. This is done as follows:
- Connect the device to the computer. insert one end of the network cable into the port on the device, and the other into the corresponding connector on the network card of the PC or laptop. For wireless cameras, it’s enough to make sure that the device is recognized by the Wi-Fi network and connects to it without any problems.
- Access to the web interface of the camera is not available by default due to the difference between the subnets of the LAN connection and the device address. To enter the configuration tool, the subnets must be the same. To do this, open the Network and Sharing Center. Then click on the option “Change adapter parameters”. Next, find the item “Local Area Connection” and right-click on it. Select Properties from the context menu. In the properties window, select “TCP / IPv4” and double-click on it with the left mouse button.
Now enter the camera configuration interface. open any browser, enter the device address in the line and press Enter. A window will appear asking you to enter your login and password, the required data can be found in the camera’s documentation. Enter them and enter the web application.
Further actions depend on whether you need to view the image from the device via the Internet, or whether a local network is sufficient. In the latter case, check the “DCHP” (or “Dynamic IP”) option in the network settings. For the option of viewing via the Internet, you will need to set the following settings in the same section.
The IP address is the main option. Here you need to enter the address of the camera with the value of the main subnet of the LAN connection. for example, if the built-in IP of the device looks like 192.168.32.12. then in the line “IP-address” you need to enter already 192.168.1.12;
Gateway. insert the router’s IP address here. If you don’t know him, use the following guide:
Read more: Find out the IP-address of the router
In the web interface of the camera, you need to assign a connection port. Typically, these options are located in the advanced network settings. In the line “HTTP Port” enter any value other than the default, which is equal to “80”. for example, 8080.
Note! If you cannot find the appropriate options in the configuration utility, then the ability to change the port of your camera is not supported, and you will have to skip this step.
Amcrest View How to Reset and Reconnect yours to a new router or same router with new settings.
This completes the configuration of the monitoring equipment. we proceed to configuring the router. If you have several cameras, then the procedure described above will need to be repeated for each with one difference. the values of the address and port for each should be one more than that of the first configured device.
Connecting IP cameras via a router
Stage 2: Configuring the router
Setting up a router for the IP camera to work is a little easier. First, make sure that the router is connected to your computer and has Internet access. Naturally, you will also need to enter the router settings interface. below you will find links to instructions.
Open your router’s web configurator. The function needed for our today’s purpose is called port forwarding. This feature can be named differently and located in different places. As a rule, in most devices it is referred to as “Port Forwarding” or “Virtual Server”, and is located either in a separate section of the settings, or in the categories “WAN”, “NAT” or advanced settings.
First of all, this option should be activated if it is not enabled by default.
Next, you need to give the future virtual server a unique name. for example, “Camera” or “Camera_1”. Of course, you can call it whatever you like, there are no restrictions here.
Changing the “Port range” option depends on whether you changed the connection port of the IP camera. in this case, you need to specify the changed one. In the line “Local IP-address” enter the address of the device.
Set the “Local port” parameter as 8080 or leave 80. if you cannot change the port on the camera. “Protocol” must be selected “TCP”, if it is not installed by default.
For many connected cameras, repeat the manipulation, bearing in mind the fact that you need different IP addresses and ports for each of the devices.
Let’s say a few words about the option to connect to the camera from any Internet site. For such a possibility, static IP addresses of the router and / or computer are used, or, more often, the “DynamicDNS” option. Most modern routers are equipped with this feature. The procedure consists in registering a personal domain in a special DDNS service, as a result of which you will have a link of the form http: //personal-domain.address-DDNS- provider. The domain name must be entered in the router settings and the service host must be entered there. After that, using the specified link, you can access the camera interface from any device connected to the Internet. be it a computer, laptop or even a smartphone. Detailed instructions deserve a separate description, therefore we will not dwell on it in detail.
That’s all we wanted to tell you about the procedure for connecting IP cameras to a router. As you can see, it is quite time consuming, but there is nothing daunting in it. you just need to carefully follow the proposed guide.