Purpose of menu icons
Note: If the admin password of the camera does not match the admin password of the registrar, then after adding it, go to the camera settings and change the password. Until the password is changed to the correct one, the camera will be marked
How to add an IP camera online
Click on the right mouse button to enter the menu:
Select Add IP Camera to enter the device camera control menu.
Online cameras with their settings will be displayed in yellow at the bottom of the list in the device menu.
Click or One-touch Adding to add the camera to the device.
How to add camera to NVR manually:
When adding to a new NVR without PoE or DVR:
- Connect the camera to a PoE switch, if possible, or to a regular one. Connect the recorder to the same switch. Do not forget to configure the network interfaces of the camera and the recorder so that they are within the same subnet (meaning that cameras in the case of NVR with PoE are not connected to its PoE interfaces).
- Go to Camera Management-Camera-IP Camera. Then click CustomAdding to enter the custom add IP cameras menu.
At the top of the window there will be a list of online cameras, from which you can also select the desired camera. At the bottom, you can enter your values.
You must enter or confirm the current parameters of the connected IP camera: IP address, protocol, port, and other necessary settings.
Note: Instead of a camera, in this case, you can specify the data not only of the IP camera, but also of another registrar, the channels of which you want to additionally register on your current registrar.
Click Add to add a camera.
- If you add a multi-screen device instead of a regular camera, such as a fisheye camera or another DVR or NVR (only when adding to an NVR or hybrid DVR), the channel selection window will be displayed
check the checkboxes of Channel No. as shown in the picture according to your needs and click OK to finish setting.
When adding to a new NVR with PoE, NVR without PoE, or DVR with the replacement of a previously registered camera:
- Go to Camera Management-Camera-IP Camera, select a channel and click Edit.
- Select the type of adding “Manual” and enter the IP address, username and password from the camera.
Note: On NVR without PoE or DVR, the Adding Method is not indicated:
- If everything is fine, you will see a blue circle. “camera is connected”.
Note: If you add a camera in manual mode, and the camera is connected via a switch, then the passwords on the camera and the DVR may differ.
How to Add a Camera to a PoE NVR Using Plug-n-Play.
Note: Make sure camera and DVR have the same passwords.
- Go to Camera Management-Camera-IP Camera, select channel D2 and click Edit
Choose the method of adding Plug-n-Play and click OK
Attention! Do not click One touch Adding with this connection.
How to add a non-activated IP camera online with one touch
Note: In fact, this is done not in one, but in 2 touches: first One touch Activation, and then One touch Adding or.
- We take a new unactivated camera and connect it to the network in which our registrar is located.
- As in the case of connecting a camera from the online list, select in it, but not an activated camera and click One touch Activation.
The camera will be assigned an Admin password the same as on the DVR and an IP address will be set via DHCP corresponding to the current network.
Note: There must be a DHCP server in the local network of the DVR.
- Find this camera in the online list and click One touch Adding as in option A.
How to connect Dahua IP camera ?
If you have purchased a Dahua IP camera and do not know how to connect and configure, use the following instruction to configure the camera for the first time.
In this manual, we will tell you how to connect and configure a Dahua wired IP camera using a computer.
If you need to connect Dahua wireless Wi-Fi camera using your phone, use the instruction.
Connect the camera via PoE or a power supply to a 220V power supply and a Lan-cable to the router.
After 2-3 minutes, the camera will start up and be ready for use.
Download and install the ConfigTool program to activate the camera and modify the ip address from the link below:
After successful installation, run the ConfigTool program.
This program will display a list of connected Dahua IP cameras in your network.
As you can see, we have 7 configured working cameras in the network with the Initialized status and one new (not configured) camera with the Uninitialized status.
We will customize it. We mark the camera and click. Initialize
In the new window, click again. Initialize
Then we need to set a password for the camera.
Everything here is just coming up with a password that must contain at least 8 characters and consist of letters and numbers.
Enter the password twice in the fields. New Password and Confirm Password.
Also, in the Email Address field, you need to specify a work email address to reset your password.
After entering all the data, click. Next.
In the next window, mark the Easy4ip and Auto-check for updates items and click Ok.
Press to confirm activation. Finish
Adding an IP Camera to your Exacq recorder
This completes the activation of the camera. As you can see, the status has changed from Uninitialized to Initialized.
Now we need to change the IP address of the camera to match the settings of our network.
To do this, click. Search setting.
In the Password field, write the password that you set when activating the camera and click OK.
Then, in front of our camera, click on the Pencil (to edit network settings)
In the new Modify IP Address window, we have two options:
- Static. you can specify the network parameters manually, but if you know them exactly.
- DHCP. automatic tuning. recommended for initial setup.
Select DHCP and click OK.
Then after 1-2 minutes we update the list of devices.
And if everything went well, then you can see that the IP address of the camera has changed from the standard 192.168.1.108 to 192.168.0.144
You will change it to some other.
Then you can go to the web interface of the camera. To do this, click on the icon opposite our camera.
In the form that opens, fill in the login fields. admin, the password you set when activating the camera.
When you first log into web. camera interface, the browser will ask you to install a plug-in for viewing the video stream from the camera. To download the plugin, click on the “Click to install plugin” link (1). Install the downloaded plugin and refresh the web page with the camera interface.
Go to the Settings tab. Select the “IP camcorder = Video” item, the “Video” tab. Here you can configure the video stream modes (main stream, additional stream).
In the “Path” tab, you can specify the storage paths on the computer (video, photo).
“Network = TCP / IP” tab, “TCP / IP” tab. Contains information about the IP address (static, DHCP).
If you plan to connect the camera to the DVR, change the Mode from DHCP to Static and click. Save
Easy4ip bookmark. Contains information about P2P protocol (S / N, QRcode). Check the box opposite “On.” and click “Save”. Now the camera can be connected to a phone / tablet via the IMOU or iDMSS / gDMSS app. To add a camera to the application on the phone, go to the section “Setting up the mobile application”.
If the camera has a built-in Wi-Fi module, go to “Network = WI-FI”, the “WI-FI” tab.
Check the box “On.” (1) and click the “Update” button (2). The list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear in the ID list field. Select your network (3) (the type of encryption should be wpa / wpa2), in the window that opens, enter the password for your Wi-Fi network (4) and click the “Connect” button (5). If the camera is connected, the connection status will change to “Connected”. Now you can disconnect the cable from the router.
Run the Config tool again. The camera with the new IP address will be displayed in the device list. In the browser, enter the new IP in the address bar. address and log in to web. camera interface after which you can continue the camera settings.
Recording is configured in the “Recording and Storage = Schedule” menu, the “Recording Schedule” tab. In this section, you can configure continuous recording (Main), by motion detection (Motion), by alarm (Alarm).
In order to specify the path to save the recording from the camera, go to the “Recording and storage = Archive storage” section, the “Storage” tab. Here you can select the storage location for the recording Local (SD card), FTP, NAS.
The date and time can be set in the “System = Basic Settings” section, the “Date / Time” tab.
To change passwords for entering the camera and add new users, go to the “System = Users”.
To add a new user, click the “Add” button. In the window that opens, fill in the fields User (login), Password (password), Confirmation (re-entering the password) Group (group admin. Administrator or user. User). In the Rights field, you can specify what access rights the new user will have.
The basic camera settings are now complete. To view the video in real time, go to the “View” tab.
We hope this article was helpful. If you have any questions, write to the chat or call our technical support.
You must have a fully configured DVR with a connected monitor, mouse and hard drive installed if you want to record the archive locally. You can calculate the required amount of storage for your system using our calculator.
- Connect the camera directly to the DVR or via a switch. If you are using an analog device, the steps are the same. Connect the wires to the connectors on the back of the DVR.
- Click the Add IP Camera button. In registrars of different manufacturers, this item is designated differently, in English this button is called “add IP-camera”. Analog cameras will already be displayed in the list, no passwords or IP addresses are required to access them.
- The device then searches for all cameras on the network, and you can add yours to the interaction list. Next, you will get access to the settings. cameras. To connect an IP camera to the DVR, you need to change the IP addresses so that the last block is unique for each camera, and set them the same passwords as the DVR.
- In the recorder menu, you can also select recording parameters and other settings. You can set an external IP address for it through the router’s menu. To make it easier to understand, below is a diagram of connecting IP cameras to the DVR. It does not indicate the point of access to the Internet, the switch is a hub that is connected and has access to the network.
How to connect to the recorder from a computer?
Enter the IP address of your device into the address bar of your browser. A field for entering a username and password will open. If the registrar is new, then all this information (IP, login and password) can be found in the instructions or on the box. Be sure to change your password and username before using. By leaving the default user “admin”, you make it easier for hackers to compromise your system.
How to connect an IP camera to a DVR
odnoklassniki social button pressed RU ‘
The recorder is connected to the video surveillance system in three cases. to create an autonomous storage, if you need to use analog cameras and, if necessary, connect a large number of devices at once.
How to connect a CCTV camera to the Ivideon registrar?
Nobelic NBLR-H0401 belongs to hybrid recorders. Can work with four analog cameras and two IP cameras at the same time. It supports all modern standards (AHD / HDCVI / HD-TVI) medium and high definition up to 2MP. If you want to use only IP cameras, the DVR can support 6 devices.
- It is very easy to set it up. Connect IP cameras to a switch or router so that they are on the same subnet with the DVR. Connect the analog camera to the IP DVR directly via coaxial cable or twisted pair. Also, for the initial setup, you will need a monitor and a mouse or keyboard, which should be connected to the DVR.
- In the window that opens, enter a username / password pair. Nobelic NBLR-H0401 default values for administrator account. admin / admin.
- In the opened left menu, select “Camera”. “Channel Type” or “Chanel Type” and switch to the signal receiving channels you need. “Auto”. for analog cameras. Accordingly, for network cameras, select “IP”.
- To add an IP camera, click the Add IP CAM button. Search by IP, then select the desired device from the list and click “Next”.
- In the window that appears, you can configure the device and select a work schedule.
The scheme for connecting IP cameras to the Ivideon video recorder looks like this:
How to connect an IP camera with PoE?
A PoE switch is added to the circuit above, a device that powers the cameras over a twisted pair. The recorder is also connected there, to the outputs without power. For the system to work, the switch must be connected to the router.
How to connect cameras to NVR recorder from Ivideon?
NVR recorders from Ivideon are mini computers with their own operating system. This These devices have built-in features for face detection, sound detection and motion detection. So, Ivideon Faces 9 NVR can work simultaneously with three dozen cameras or with 9 devices in face recognition mode.
It is very easy to work with NVR recorder. You can connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it, or use a network interface for control from a computer or tablet. To do this, just enter its IP in the address bar of the browser and enter a login / password pair.
Connecting DVR or NVR to the Internet – DDNS, No-IP, ISP, Port Forwarding
Open the Ivideon Server firmware on your Ivideon Faces 9 NVR. Select “Add IP Camera”. In the next window, select the manufacturer and model of the added device. The Ivideon service supports 1500 camcorder models from 120 manufacturers and works with all cameras using the RTSP protocol.
To connect an analog CCTV camera to the Ivideon Faces 9 NVR DVR, you need to use the DVR recorder to receive and digitize the signal.
For all questions related to connecting the camera, please contact your manager at Ivideon or email.
How to connect almost any IP camera to the Tantos IP NVR
Connecting IP cameras from renowned manufacturers to the Tantos NVR is generally straightforward.
An example of instructions for connecting Hikvision IP cameras with new firmware versions can be downloaded here, with previous firmware versions. here. An example of instructions for connecting Dahua IP cameras can be downloaded here. Connecting IP cameras from other well-known manufacturers also in most cases does not cause problems. just find the cameras using the recorder using the ONVIF protocol and enter the camera’s login and password.
Problems may arise when connecting IP cameras from little-known Chinese manufacturers. But usually, after spending some effort, it is possible to connect almost any IP camera to the DVR.
To connect to the NVR, you need to find out the IP address of the camera, its username and password (it is found out by brute-force of the most common combinations of username and password), ONVIF and RTSP ports, the ability to connect via ONVIF, as well as RTSP video request strings for the first and second video stream, if camera does not connect via ONVIF.
If the DVR finds an IP camera while searching, this is half the battle.
But what if the IP address of the camera is unknown and the camera is not found through the DVR search? The easiest way to find a utility for finding devices is on the manufacturer’s website (if the manufacturer’s website exists at all). If there is no such utility, you will have to go the other way.
Install free software to work with IP cameras by ONVIF. ONVIF Device Manager. You can download it here or here.
After starting ONVIF Device Manager tries to find devices on the network using the ONVIF protocol.
If not, you will have to try another way.
Download and install the Avigilon Camera Installation Tool. despite its name, this software perfectly searches the network for IP cameras of any manufacturer. You can download it here.
If there is a video broadcast by the camera. great, then the camera will most likely connect to the DVR.
If the camera does not send video via ONVIF, you can try to receive video from it via RTSP. The RTSP request string can be found in the documentation for the camera (you need to find out the request string for the main video stream and for the substream) or using ONVIF Device Manager.
When connecting via RTSP, the query string is entered into the registrar in a not most obvious way.
rtsp: //192.168.99.100: 8554 / profile0 for main video stream
rtsp: //192.168.99.100: 8554 / profile1 for substream.
The IP address, RTSP port (usually 554, in our example 8554), login, password are entered separately.
For the main stream, a string is entered, which in the rtsp request is immediately after rtsp: //192.168.99.100: 8554 /, i.e. in our example, profile0 is entered.
For a substream, a string is entered, which in the rtsp request is immediately after rtsp: //192.168.99.100: 8554 /, i.e. in our example, profile1 is entered.
The full version of the “Guide for connecting almost any IP cameras to IP DVRs NVR Tantos” with a detailed step-by-step explanation of the sequence of actions can be downloaded here.
Connecting IP Cameras to Dahua DVR via ONVIF Protocol
What opportunities does ONVIF connection open?
- Discovers devices.
- Transmits video data from the camera.
- Receives and transmits data in audio format.
- PTZ camera control.
- Video analytics, for example, when the motion sensor is working.
This parameter directly depends on the compatibility of the ONVIF protocol. There are situations when some of the functions remain unavailable or work incorrectly. If you connect other brand cameras to Dahua DVRs. you need to find the ONVIF protocol, which is located on the RemoteDevice tab in the Manufacturer line. You just need to select the channel to which the devices will connect. In the tab, you need to select the desired protocol and specify:
- The IP address of the installed device;
- RTSP port can be left as default;
- device name and password;
- Remotechannel is set by default, or the channel number is indicated if the device has several of them;
- DecoderBuffer. buffering video streams with time value.
Next, you will need to select the type of server: TCP, UDP, Schedule. The first option establishes a connection between senders and recipients, making sure that all data is transmitted to the addressee without changes and in the required sequence. The baud rate is also adjustable.
Unlike the first option, the UDP server will pre-connect but start transmitting data instead. The second option is less reliable, but guarantees more stable operation, because no retransmission of lost packets. Schedule is the automatic server detection.
When the connection is complete, there will be a list of connected devices. If the status is green, then the DVR and the camera are working successfully, and if it is red, there are certain connection problems. For example, the port was not set correctly.
Connecting IP Camera to Dahua DVR
Quite often, owners of large enterprises, industrial centers and other organizations are faced with the need to expand their video surveillance system. But having a DVR of one brand, they buy IP cameras from another company, which causes certain difficulties during installation. Let’s figure out how to connect IP cameras to Dahua DVR. There are two main connection methods. ONVIF and RTSP.
Connecting IP Cameras to Dahua DVR via RTSP Protocol
Let’s consider the second method of connection with real-time streaming protocol, in which commands for controlling video streams are recorded. Using such commands, the video stream is broadcast from sources to the recipient, for example, from IP cameras to a video recorder or servers. Such a protocol opens up the following possibilities for the user:
- data transmission in video format;
- reception and transmission of data in audio format.
The key advantage of this option is that there is no need to determine the compatibility of versions. RTSP is supported by virtually every IP camera or recorder today. But at the same time, you will not be able to do anything except transfer audio and video data.
Similarly, you can find the protocol in the “RemoteDevice” section by going to the Manufacturer line. In Dahua registrars, it is referred to as General. You need to select the channel to which the device will connect. In the form that appears, you will need to enter:
- URL Addr. you need to enter a query string according to which the camera sends the main RTSP stream with high resolution;
- Extra URL. here you need to enter a query string, by which the camera gives additional low-resolution streams.
An additional stream is needed in order to save resources when viewing on a local monitor connected to the recorder. For example, if the pictures are too small for 16 windows, then it is not at all necessary to make a high resolution, but the D1 mode is enough. If you have a few windows open, then it is decorated in high resolution. Next, you will need to enter:
- name and password specified in the device parameters;
- the level of stream buffering with a specified time interval;
- server type. the same as in the ONVIF protocol.
In general, the connection process can hardly be called simple and various difficulties may arise during installation. If you have any difficulties during connection, you can always count on the support of a qualified manager-consultant. He is guaranteed to help you not only connect cameras to the recorder, but advise on all issues of interest.
Wi-Fi camera connection
Connecting an IP camera with a Wi-Fi router is generally carried out in the same way, but to view the video, you will need a special program for viewing surveillance cameras via the Internet. Most often this is the proprietary software of the manufacturer of the camera itself. The program is downloaded from the Internet and installed on a smartphone. The camera is connected to the phone through this program.
How to find the exact IP address of a video camera
An IP address is required to connect the camera to the Internet. You can find it out from the instructions on the box of the device, sometimes from the sticker on the camera itself. Often this address is not entirely accurate, since it was registered for a family of video cameras (model range), but not for a specific device. In this case, you will need to use special software to identify the IP camera. One of the easiest ways to find out an IP video camera is to use the proprietary utility that comes with the camera.
If you don’t have a disk, you can download the popular Angry IP Scanner app. With its help, you can find out the address of any device connected to this local network. Another way is the command line. In it you need to type the command “arp-a” or “ipconfig”. All connected devices will be displayed.
Connecting one camcorder
Obviously, the easiest way to create video surveillance over the Internet involves connecting one recording device. The procedure is simple.
- The IP camera is connected to the PC and its IP address is typed in the browser. You can find it out from the instructions, sometimes it prescribes on the attached label of the device. This will be discussed in more detail below.
- After entering the address in the browser, the network interface of the camera settings opens. In it, you need to choose whether to automatically obtain an IP address or manually register your static IP address (you can find it on the Internet at the request “find out your IP address”). Here you should also register a username and password to access the video remotely.
- Next, you should specify the port through which the camera connects to the Internet. It usually has a value of 80.
- After specifying the desired address, the camera is disconnected from the PC and connected to the Internet.
- Video viewing is available in a browser from any device. To do this, it is enough to drive in the IP address in the search bar, and specify the port through a colon.
Programs for viewing video surveillance from a smartphone or tablet
To watch videos from a smartphone or tablet, you do not need to specifically configure the device. Above, the method of viewing in a web browser was described, but it is much more convenient to download a special application for this purpose. Currently, there are a lot of utilities for the tasks described above, but the most popular are 3 applications.
- TinyCam Monitor Pro supports up to 16 cameras simultaneously. Knows how to work with cameras from different brands. There are several multiscreens. Settings can be transferred from one device to another. You can write data to any medium directly from the program. There is a possibility of digital image zoom.
- IP Cam Viewer allows you to work with several cameras at once, combine them into groups, record video to media. There is an image scaling function. You can install an app widget for quick access and up-to-date information. Supports about 700 models.
- Exacq Mobile. Works on Android and iOS, supports 48 cameras simultaneously, easy navigation in the app, zoom function.
An interesting feature of these applications is that they can work with any IP cameras around the world. You can connect not only cameras installed at home, but also in other places. If the camera does not have a username and password, then you just need to enter its IP address in the application settings. With the help of such applications, you can connect to a video camera of an entrance, courtyard, parking lot. It is enough just to find out from those who installed the cameras, its IP address, username and password.
Necessary equipment for organizing surveillance with remote access
The organization of video surveillance with the ability to view video remotely is not a difficult task, and it can be handled by a user who has a minimum knowledge of working with a PC and related equipment. To create such a network, certain equipment is required.
- Digital video recorder. Its task is to receive recordings from cameras, if necessary, process the signal (if the recording device is analog) and record it on a storage medium, for example, a hard disk. To access video via the Internet, the recorder must have a network interface. It can be software or server-side. In the first case, you will have to install special software on the PC, which is usually supplied with the recorder itself on disk. In order to view the video from the recorder with a server interface, just go to the browser and go to a specific page. Many manufacturers of such equipment provide the user with the opportunity to download a browser extension from the site, which simplifies the task.
- The local network. It is necessary in order to connect the camera, router and DVR. The local area network can be organized wirelessly and by means of wires.
- Router (router). Serves to create a local network, if it is organized via Wi-Fi, and also connects the existing system with an external channel, that is, the Internet.
- IP camera.
- Software to watch a video camera from a tablet (smartphone).
Important! In addition to the equipment, you will need to obtain a static IP address. Usually providers provide it for a fee. The second way is to use cloud storage to watch videos.
Viewing CCTV cameras over the Internet
Modern technologies open up many useful functions for users. One of them is the ability to connect to a video camera via the Internet and watch the recording anywhere in the world. You can access the video from any device that can connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Networking with a router
To create a system with several cameras, you will need to use a router: it creates its own subnet with access to all devices. The configuration principle is similar to that described above. By analogy, you should enter the settings of the router and assign its own port to each camera. This can most often be done in the Routing menu. This item allows you to translate external requests to different IP addresses of the system, that is, in the case of video surveillance, to cameras.
So, the principle of operation will be as follows. Each device has its own external port and its own IP address, which is already assigned by the manufacturer. For example, the external port of the first video camera has a value of 8080, and a specific IP is tied to it. The second is port 8081 and its own IP. And so for every camera on the network.
After the router has been configured, you need to configure each camera. The setting is described above, but there is a slight difference: the IP address is not assigned a general one (through which the user can connect to the entire system), but for each camera its own. After setting, connect each IP camera to the router. You can see the recording by requesting “static IP address: external port of a specific camera” in the browser. The connection of the system with a video recorder is carried out in the same way. There are no configuration differences here.
Important! Many users, if the system is configured correctly, cannot view the video remotely. The problem is that they often try to connect to cameras from the same network in which the entire video surveillance system is registered. That is, a request is made from one IP address to connect to it. Obviously, this is not logical, and the device will not be able to connect to itself. You can watch the video only from other IP addresses.
For example, to connect the system to a tablet, you need to turn off Wi-Fi on it and turn on the mobile network. The second option. the tablet needs to be connected to another network that is not related to the organization of video surveillance.
There are paid and free services that offer video storage space. One of them is shareware Ivideon: connecting up to 15 cameras is free. It is enough to go through a simple registration, and you can use the services. In order to view the video, you need to log in remotely to the site and enter your login and password on the site in the form.
Important! The disadvantage of this method of organizing video surveillance is the speed limit, which can affect the bitrate of the video stream (video may slow down).