Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV: installation methods and subtleties of work
The standard set of programs for a modern TV already includes Smart Player for Samsung Smart TV. But due to the difficulties with broadcasting models from YouTube, after 2012, you have to watch the video through the browser. This is inconvenient and broadcasts are often interrupted by advertisements. This article discusses how to install, configure and subtleties of working with the Fork player, which extends the standard capabilities for viewing video content.
Forkplayer Features for Samsung Smart TV
Fork player installation methods are considered based on Samsung 5 series model. But for other models. previous and subsequent, for example, 6 or 7 series, it also fits with small variations.
The Smart TV system is installed in order to watch movies on TV just like on your favorite computer. Initially, people believed that movies can be played through the browser.
- it is not very convenient;
- the page does not expand to full screen;
- the movie often turns off and you have to refresh the page;
- asks to install a flash player, which cannot be installed on a TV;
- in most cases, TV channels are paid and you won’t be able to watch anything without a monthly investment.
And this widget allows you to watch most of the new movies in excellent quality for free.
When buying a TV, the default movie viewing programs, such as IVI, must be set up. The ability to launch the Forkplayer app for Samsung Smart TV through the settings is also available. To install Fork Player on Samsung Smart TV, you need to go to the network settings of the TV and click the “Network Status” button. We are shown an excellent internet connection.
We go to the item “IP Settings”. Press the button “Settings. DNS “and change the automatic connection parameter to manual configuration.
We go to the “DNS Server”. We enter the values using the remote control and the on-screen line with the symbols: 126.96.36.199. Click “Finish”, “Ok” and wait for confirmation of receiving a connection to the server.
If after this chain of operations the video does not work, then the router is stitched for the provider. And this means that changing the DNS address cannot be avoided and you will not be able to watch movies through ForkPlayer.
In this case, reinstalling the router or program, as a separate application, will help. This can be done by transferring it from flash memory.
If the operation completed successfully, open the IVI application. If the setting is successful, the Forkplayer application starts with a large letter “F” on a blue screen. By default, there will be few links in the program window.
You can configure all links in this way:
- go to “Settings”, then. to “Application settings”;
- enable the parameter “Third-party content” by rearranging the adjustment to “On”;
- click “OK” and “Continue”.
The default video quality is 720. You can change it to 1080. Return to the start menu. nothing seems to have changed. Press again the letter “A” on the remote control, go to “Settings”, “Start menu settings”. Click “Add all links”.
Coming back, we see an increased number of links to sites. Having fallen into one of them, we find ourselves in a catalog with films, cartoons and other content.
From a flash drive
There is a way to install the program as a standalone application. If the TV version has the letter J, then this method is for you:
- formatting a fresh USB flash drive in the computer and giving it the name userwidget;
- create a folder with the same name;
- transfer the downloaded file to a folder;
- connect the flash card to the TV and launch the application with the remote control.
After a while, the application will be installed on your TV.
How to install and configure Fork Player on Samsung TV
All you have to do is set up the app directly from your TV remote. The Samsung remote has a large red button with the letter “A”.
After clicking on the screen, a menu window called “Login” is displayed. This is a menu to sign in to Smart TV and Samsung accounts. She immediately offers to merge existing accounts. To do this, you need to log into Smart TV by creating an account or logging into an existing one.
For authorization in the empty field “Account. app. Samsung ”enter“ develop ”. You don’t need to write the password right away. It will be affixed automatically. Look for the checkboxes in front of the fields “Remember password” and “Automatic login”. they must be ticked. After these operations, press the “Login” button.
Let’s go back to the TV remote control. Let’s pay attention to the TOOLS button. After clicking in the lower right corner of the screen, a drop-down window appears. Use the remote control buttons up and down to move the cursor to the “Settings” button.
After that, in the middle of the screen is the next drop-down window. Move the cursor to the “Development” menu button.
The next menu is “Terms of Agreement”. You can read it to the end and understand that only you are responsible for your actions, and Samsung disclaims any liability for damages and damages associated with the installation of the program, and you agree to use Smart TV equipment in full accordance with the instructions. Or you can not read, but just put a tick in front of the “I Accept” menu and press the “OK” menu button.
After pressing the key, the next menu “Development” appears. On it, select “IP address settings”. In the next window, enter the IP address for synchronization with Smart Hub: 46.36. 222.114.
Everything is extremely simple and the address is exactly the same. After confirmation, go to “User Application Synchronization”. The sync process takes some time with the work being displayed on the screen.
After synchronization, you need to close the Smart TV program and restart it to update. 4 new application widgets will appear on the bottom of the screen.
By clicking one of the widgets, we get to the list of sites with starting icons of sites from which you can watch movies for free. From here we go to the site you like and choose free videos. movies, cartoons or series.
ForkPlayer errors and problems
Not everything goes smoothly when setting up the program. Let’s consider the typical errors in the application, installation difficulties and methods of fixing them:
- There are 2 widgets instead of 4. On some versions of TV sets this happens.
- The password does not appear after entering the “develop” login. Then you should enter it manually: 123456.
- When registering, writes that such a user has already been created. Login “develop” is entered directly into the field along with the password. No need to register again.
- If synchronization takes a long time, it is recommended to restart the application.
- On Samsung UE32J5500 and other J series, the program is installed from a USB flash drive. Not configurable via preinstalled applications.
- IP TV is not viewable. To watch TV channels, subscribe to the author of the player. It is paid.
- The password itself is not entered on the UE40D6100SW model. Therefore, installation via Smart HUB is recommended. You need to log in with the same username with an empty password. Or enter the password 111111; instead of the “TOOLS” button on the remote control, press “D” and then follow the instructions; in the “Setting the IP address” enter 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206; hereinafter. “Synchronization of user applications”; reboot Smart TV.
- Unable to connect to server. If this error occurs, you need to update the TV software.
You can update the player in two ways: by automatic updating through the settings or by transferring a new version to a USB flash drive. Older TVs do not support auto update. Therefore, the best way to install a TV player on a Samsung Smart TV is to transfer it to a USB flash drive.
Series C, D, E, F
This category includes Samsung smart TVs manufactured between 2010 and 2013. To install the video player on Smart TVs of these series, the owner of the device must proceed as follows:
- we pick up the TV remote control (RC) and press the “A” key (usually red) or open the menu to go to the Smart Hub section;
- we enter the account under the name develop (the system should generate the password automatically);
- go to the “Development” item to accept the user agreement and confirm your actions by clicking on the “OK” button;
- select the “IP Settings” section in the menu and change the DNS, prescribing one of the two addresses. 46.336.222.114. or 220.127.116.11;
- we confirm our actions and select the section “Synchronization of user applications”;
- wait until the end of the process and first exit, and then go back to Smart Hub.
Immediately after that, the ForkPlayer application icon should appear on the main page or in the list of additional widgets. No registration required to use this program.
If, when you log into your Smart Hub account, an error message “Cannot connect” appears on the TV screen, it is recommended that you reset the TV settings to the factory level.
Connecting and configuring the widget
To configure the video player, you need to go to the Setting section (red button on the remote control). It is here that you can enable the Parental Controls option, select the language and appearance of the shell, and also activate multitasking or use the picture-in-picture option.
Managing the process of customizing the application for the user is not at all difficult. Indeed, when you hover the cursor over an object, a convenient tooltip instantly appears with full information about what functions the widget selected by the user performs.
Registration on the official website of the developer of the Fork Player will open access to additional options for Samsung TV owners, including options for saving playlists and audio files, as well as the ability to transfer the broadcast to any available digital device.
Online viewing of TV programs will be available in the IPTV tab. And searching and watching movies with high image quality will open to the owner of the TV using YouTube widgets and online cinemas.
The Global Search option helps you find available content on the Internet by video title. In addition, the video player successfully works with content of any format placed on external drives.
Настройка IPTV на Smart TV с помощью ForkPlayer (на примере Samsung с Tizen)
A few words about the problems and errors that may arise during installation and during the operation of the ForkPlayer application:
- The appearance of a “black screen” due to a non-working playlist (up to 80% of the total) or a non-working shell. In the first case, you need to find a working link, and in the second, go to the settings and change the type of player;
- Change the MAC address of the device. Try replacing the LAN connection with Wi-Fi and vice versa.
Where to download and how to install on Samsung Smart TV
There are millions of links on the Internet where you can find installation files for the ForkPlayer video application. However, it is better to download the program from the official website of the developer in order to eliminate the risk of damage to the TV receiver software.
The method of downloading and installing the video player depends on the Samsung Smart TV model and series indicated in the operating instructions and on the back of the device. Let’s consider in more detail the technology of installing a video player for the most popular series of TV receivers of this South Korean company.
Before installing Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV, it is recommended to update the device shell.
ForkPlayer. Unique Smart Player for Samsung Smart TV
The vast majority of Samsung smart TV owners are confident that after connecting their TV device to high-speed Internet, they will have full access to IPTV. Smart player for Samsung Smart TV is included in the list of preinstalled programs of any TV set of this brand. However, owners of Smart TVs soon realize that a “proprietary” application for viewing network video content has very limited potential. There is a real way to install the most popular third-party program ForkPlayer for Samsung Smart TVs.
To download Forkplayer for Samsung Smart TV 2014 release, you need to pick up the remote control and adhere to a slightly different scheme:
- open the menu;
- move to the Smart Hub section;
- go to your account under the name develop and accept the terms of the agreement;
- click on the link Sing In;
- select any application, hold down the central key on the remote control and direct the blue ray to the widget icon;
- wait for the window to appear on the screen, in which we select the “IP Setting” section;
Immediately after that, the Player Fork TV icon should appear in the main or additional menu.
If you find it difficult to create an account on Smart Hub, you can try to install the Skype application on the TV receiver and go to this messenger under your account. After that, the automatic authorization mode should work.
In principle, in a similar way. changing the DNS server address. the Fork TV player is installed on Samsung TVs of the K and M series (2016/17), as well as the KU, MU and NU series (2017/18).
ForkPlayer for Samsung TVs
Why this app is so popular among Samsung Smart TV owners is easy to guess. After all, this program allows users to search and watch online free content from open sources without advertising.
From a technical point of view, this application is an applied addition to the software of smart TV receivers designed for viewing FXML pages on the Internet. In other words, this video player brings the functionality of Samsung TV sets very close to the capabilities of a personal computer.
In 2015, the South Korean manufacturer entered the market with a new series of “smart” TV sets, the installation of third-party applications on which was significantly difficult. Therefore, it is now possible to install ForkPlayer on J-series TV receivers of this company from South Korea only if you have a computer and a flash drive.
In this case, you need to act according to the following instructions:
- launch the browser and go to the official website of the application;
- go to the “Widget Generator” section and download the newest version of the player to your PC desktop;
- create a folder on the desktop with the name Userwidjet and transfer the downloaded Zip archive to it;
- we connect a flash drive to the computer;
- format the USB flash drive (external drive) and transfer the created folder there;
- we connect the external storage to the USB connector of the Samsung TV;
- turn on the TV receiver and start the installation of the archive;
- we wait until the end of the process and only after that we disconnect the USB flash drive from the TV.
Immediately after that, the application icon should appear in the main menu. If this does not happen, then you can try to turn off the TV receiver for five minutes and try to install the player again. In case of another failure, it is recommended to reset the TV receiver settings to the factory level and try to install the program again.
ForkPlayer features and benefits
Therefore, users who have installed this program on their TVs will be able to:
- search and watch any movies online;
- communicate freely in social networks and messengers;
- create playlists yourself;
- control the application using the TV remote control;
- change the design of the main page, brightness and color background of the screen, as well as other characteristics of the player;
- enable the “Parental Control” option;
- improve the program’s performance with numerous settings and simple tips.
Installation on LG
When adding the ForkPlayer app, take into account the year of the device and the system installed on it. For LG TVs released since 2010 with webOS or Netcast, the following instructions are suitable:
- Open the main menu.
- Go to the settings for connecting Smart TV to the Internet.
- Select “DNS Server”.
- Enter the value 18.104.22.168.
- Save the configuration.
If after entering this DNS ForkPlayer does not appear in the list of applications, try turning off SmartTV and then turning it on again. Or enter a different address:
If you are setting up ForkPlayer on LG TVs with webOS or Netcast 2.0-4.5, then follow these steps:
- Open your TV settings and go to the “Network Connection” tab.
- Select the method used to connect the device to the Internet.
- Select an access point or network from the list.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” button.
- Go to the manual DNS entry tab.
- Enter 22.214.171.124.
An error message may appear on the screen while connecting to DNS. Do not worry. Wait a few minutes and reconnect. If the error pops up again, turn off your Smart TV and turn it back on. To launch the application after a connection is established, open the Premium tab and select the vTuner widget, Russia TV or First Automotive.
ForkPlayer can also be installed on LG from a flash drive, but in this case, its capabilities will be significantly limited, and to expand them, you will have to install the RemoteFork program and then activate it on the TV.
Since you have decided to expand your multimedia library on Smart TV, see what other free applications you can install: we have carefully prepared a selection.
How to install ForkPlayer on Smart TV (for example LG and Samsung)
If you know how to install ForkPlayer, you can access a huge number of movie sites and other useful services for free from a SmartTV-enabled TV.
The order of installing ForkPlayer differs depending on the manufacturer, model and even the series of the TV. We cannot consider all possible options, so we will focus on the general procedure for adding ForkPlayer to devices from LG and Samsung.
Installation on Samsung
Owners of Samsung Smart TVs can also take advantage of the ForkPlayer app to add free multimedia entertainment. For this:
- Press the red button “A” on the remote control to bring up the authorization window.
- Type the account name “develop”. The password should appear automatically. Select “Login”.
- Press the “Tools” button on the remote. Go to the “Settings”.
- Open the item “Development”.
- Accept the terms of the agreement.
- Select the IP address setting.
- For synchronization, enter the address 126.96.36.199 (or 188.8.131.52).
- Click “OK” and wait for the application to sync.
After synchronization is complete, you need to close Smart TV and turn it back on after a while. When you turn it back on, you will see several ForkPlayer apps at the bottom. After launching it, you will be taken to the list of sites and services from which you can play videos on TV for free.
For clarity, here’s a video that will help you figure out where to click and what to choose.
The installation method of the app may vary depending on the series and even the Samsung TV models. For example, on a Samsung UE40D6100SW, the password is not automatically added when the account name is “develop”. If you encounter such a situation, try entering the value “111111” in the password field.
On other models, instead of the “Tools” button, you need to press the blue “D” button, then go to the “Development” section and then follow the steps of the above instructions. In the 2017 M series of TVs, the procedure generally received a different procedure.
- Open the TV menu.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Press the up button on the remote and select “Network Status”.
- Move the cursor to the left and open “IP Settings”.
- Set to obtain an IP address automatically. If this option is initially selected, do not change it.
- Go down to DNS settings and select “Enter manually”.
- Enter the address 184.108.40.206. Press the right arrow between numbers to move to the next block.
- Click “Ok”. Wait for the reconnection to complete.
Important: this method does not work on wired routers provided by providers. In addition, your service provider may be blocking DNS changes so that you cannot perform this operation. But usually there are no problems with setting up.
To get into ForkPlayer, you need to launch the DivanTV application. By default, the icons for most sites are off. To add them:
- Press the red button “A” on the remote.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Start Menu Settings”.
- Click on widgets to display them on the start screen.
- Go back and select any app to test ForkPlayer.
For understanding. another video in which the user shows that this method works.
If none of the above instructions helped you, write about the problem in the comments indicating the exact model. Let’s figure out how else Samsung is trying to prevent us from enjoying all the possibilities of Smart TV.
You can do without ForkPlayer altogether and set up IPTV on your TV. we have already told you in detail how to do this.
How to install Fork Player for LG Smart TV?
Forkplayer for LG Smart TV is a program that will help ease the use of the TV and make viewing more enjoyable and faster, as well as open up a lot of additional possibilities. Let’s take a closer look at the characteristics of the player, as well as step-by-step instructions for each of the possible installation schemes.
Additional DNS addresses for LG Smart TV
The IP ciphers below can come in handy when none of the above methods helped. This can happen due to a discrepancy with a specific Smart TV model. Alternatively, you can try the following combinations:
For stable operation of the player, it is also recommended:
- activate Remote Fork in its settings;
- install the additional Remote Fork Player application on your computer. It will help you manage the widget on the TV (transfer files to it, configure bypassing DNS servers, take over the load from Smart TV.
How to Install Fork Player for LG Smart TV
Owners of LG Smart TVs can install Forkplayer on them in several ways:
- by changing the DNS;
- using the developer’s IDE;
- via USB stick.
Fork player for LG Smart TV
If you successfully install the Fork player on your TV, you will be able to combine a lot of functions and advantages in one place, because its duties include:
- getting free access to the media library, which includes: a huge number of television channels, playback of any films (both downloaded and located on removable media), as well as listening to music (online or from a flash drive), opening other files;
- switching from one application to another, being only in this program.
Installing on LG webOS via developer IDE
Forkplayer for LG Webos is a pretty handy way to set it up. Has several advantages over the others:
- no need to deal with DNS codes;
- it is possible to obtain official Root rights to webOS (thanks to this, the application will not be disabled due to the time counter);
- all program files will be saved on the TV, making multiplayer easier and faster to launch.
Taking advantage of these benefits will take some time and also require a PC. You will need to install on your computer:
- Java by going to https://java.com/ru/download/windows_manual.jsp;
- The latest version of the webOS program.
Next, you need to create a new account (on the website webosTV.developer.LGe.com) and connect the TV to the computer with one network.
Perform the following steps on LG Smart TV:
- install the Developers mode application from the LG Store;
- open it, enter the data (login, password) specified during registration;
- enable features such as KeyServer and DevMode.
- open the Web OS TV SDK program;
- find the New connection section, click on it and enter:
- In the Device Type field. LG Smart TV;
- In the IP adress line. enter the address specified in the DevMode widget.
It remains to right-click on the activated TV, and when highlighted, then select the Generate Key item. In the window that opens, insert data from Developers Mode and click on your device. After that, select Connect.
Application features version 2.5
The media player developers improve it and periodically release new, improved updates. The latest released version is 2.5. Its main innovations are:
- Saving tab information. Thanks to this, the user can create a tab, save the information stored on the site and, on subsequent logins, get hassle-free access to it. To activate the function, you must enter the settings, select the “Initial group” section and click on “Continue work from the desired place”.
- Ability to view the status of the information search process. When the required file is found, the search can be easily stopped by pressing a special button.
- Improved navigation bar. Those who have already been able to evaluate the firmware noted the additional convenience after the introduction of the “Back” function, which allows you to quickly return to the previous section.
- The appearance of a green bar helps you track the download process, navigate its speed.
- Adjusting the brightness to suit the needs of the user, changing the background and color scheme. give the application comfort and convenience.
In addition, the Fork player for LG Smart TV is convenient for its ease of navigation, you do not need to additionally connect a mouse or a touch screen to the TV to browse sites on the Internet, the program makes it possible to use the most minimal resource for this. a regular remote control. It’s enough to view the pages, execute the necessary commands.
Launching Fork Player from a USB flash drive
You can install the program using another alternative method. using a removable storage device. This scheme is not very complicated (unlike the previous ones), but the result will depend on a successful workaround of some restrictions.
To do all the actions correctly, you need a computer and follow the specified algorithm:
If you cannot start the player in this way, you can try to find it in the LG Store in the “Purchased Apps” section. And in order for it to work correctly, you need to do a few more manipulations:
- install the Remote program on your smartphone or PC,
- activate the Remote Fork function and link the gadget with LG Smart TV.
DNS numbers for ForkPlayer
When installing ForkPlayer through changing DNS, which numbers will be used depends largely on the manufacturer of the Smart TV.
Outdated DNS (undesirable to use):
For Smart TVs from other manufacturers, DNS will have to be selected, but most often the same addresses are suitable for this as for LG.
Installing from a USB stick
The installation process for the ForkPlayer application from a USB flash drive can be different. It all depends on what brand of TV it is installed on, as well as on some other points. Let’s consider the main ones.
LG Smart TV
To set up ForkPlayer on your LG Smart TV, you need to:
- Select “Network Connection” in the TV settings;
- Then you need to go to the “DNS server”;
- A window will appear in front of you, in which you will need to manually enter the address of the DNS server;
- After that, you will need to go to the “Premium” section. Here you need to launch the Russia TV, Radio, First Automobile, vTuner application or, if you enter new DNS, the Accu weather application. As a result, the ForkPlayer widget will start working and you will be able to watch your favorite video.
However, this option has some nuances that may arise during the installation process. If you cannot find any of the above applications, then make sure that Russia or Ukraine is in the TV settings. If, when you start them, ForkPlayer still does not work and there is no access to playlists, then you should figure out what the problem is and solve it in a different way.
Samsung Smart TV J Series
Installing ForkPlayer from a USB flash drive and accessing playlists with your favorite videos is quite simple. For this:
- Create a folder on the USB flash drive called “userwidget” and transfer the widget archive to it without unpacking it.
- Insert the flash drive into the TV and wait for the application to install.
- After it is installed, remove the drive so that the program does not reinstall when you turn on the Smart TV.
LG Smart TV
Installing the ForkPlayer widget on LG Smart TVs does not cause any particular difficulties.
- Download the archive with the installation files of the ForkPlayer widget and unpack it to the root of the flash drive;
- Go to the LG Smart TV Store by entering your username and password;
- Insert the USB flash drive and go to “My Applications” to find it, or click on the button with the image of the house to find it in the strip located at the bottom of the main screen;
- After installing the application, you will have access to the main categories. To add sheets for playing your favorite video, you will need to activate the RemoteFork option on Smart TV and run the Remote ForkPlayer program on your tablet, smartphone or computer. Also, with the help of these applications, you can create and independently edit your playlists.
Установка виджета Fork Player на Samsung Smart TV
Samsung Smart TV J series with software 1421-1422
This option is more complicated. Many do not even install the ForkPlayer program, as they do not want to take the time to downgrade the software. Without this, it will be impossible to install the widget.
In order to roll back to an older version, you need:
- Download the folder with the firmware to a USB flash drive;
- Go to the main Smart TV menu and find the firmware update item;
- In the menu that appears, select the update from USB;
- Wait for the firmware to be updated. When this process is over, the TV will turn itself off;
- After it turns on, a small sign will appear on the screen. Click OK and remove the USB flash drive;
- Now you can start installing ForkPlayer.
Installation via changing DNS
Setting up ForkPlayer through changing DNS is the easiest and fastest way to install this widget on your Smart TV. The only thing you need for this is the TV connection to the Internet and the correctly entered IP address.
ForkPlayer DNS setup and errors
The ForkPlayer program, which is installed on TVs with the Smart TV function, is quite popular among people today. This is not surprising, because it is quite easy and convenient to use. Thanks to ForkPlayer, you can watch a huge number of Russian and foreign channels for free, watch videos from the Internet, as well as watch movies and TV series online. In addition, you can listen to your favorite music over the Internet or access files stored on a computer, flash drive or other portable device. In addition, you can create playlists yourself and add your favorite video to them. If you wish, you can install an additional widget on your computer that will facilitate the process of creating and editing a playlist. And this is far from all the advantages of this widget.
However, in the process of installing and configuring the ForkPlayer widget, some people may have problems. This is primarily due to the fact that the process of setting up and installing the application is not so simple, and everyone can make a mistake when entering data. In addition, there are many different DNS IP addresses and it is not always possible to guess which one you personally need the first time. In addition, errors can appear as a result of problems with access to the Internet or problems with other programs that prohibit visiting some sites or launching an application.
All these problems can be solved. To do this, you just need to be careful when connecting and configuring ForkPlayer, as well as know some of the secrets and features that we will tell you about in this article.
Manual for H series
- Open the Smart TV menu, go to the “Smart Hub” section, then “Account. record Samsung “.
- If necessary, exit, then repeat the path and press “Enter”.
- In the new window, tap on the square with the inscription “Enter”. In the line “ID” enter “develop”, click “OK”. Usually a password is not needed, but in some cases it is required to enter “123456”.
- With Focus pointing at any application in the My APPs list, press and hold the OK button on the remote until a pop-up menu appears. In the list, select the item “IP Settings”.
- Enter value 220.127.116.11.
- Repeat step 4, and select “Start User Sync”.
- Wait a while until the application shortcuts appear in the list.
Installation is complete. How to set up Fork Player on Samsung, let’s talk below.
Manual for C-F series (edition 2010-2013)
To install ForkPlayer on C-F series TVs:
- Press the red button “A” on the remote control (if there are problems with the remote control, use the instructions).
- The system will offer to log out of the account. confirm the action.
- A login window will open, in the line “Account. record Samsung “write” develop “. The password will be entered by the system automatically. After that, tap on the “Login” button.
- Press the “Tools” button on the remote control.
- Go to the “Settings” section, then “Development”.
- In the new menu, select the “IP address settings” item. Enter the following numbers: 18.104.22.168. Click “OK”.
- The system will return the user to the previous menu, where you should select the “Application Synchronization”.
- Wait for the end of the process.
- Switch off Smart function. When you turn it on again, several ForkPlayer TV shortcuts will be displayed on the main page. Registration in it is not required, you can immediately start using.
Installation on Samsung
To get ForkPlayer into use on a Samsung TV, you first need to find out its model and, only based on the information received, choose the appropriate instructions. If you implement all the recommendations step by step, then even an uninitiated beginner can complete the task.
Installing and configuring forkplayer for all popular Smart TV models
Consumers choose Smart TVs because it transforms the device into a mini-computer for playing video content over the Internet. Apps created by developers open up access to huge catalogs of movies, TV series and programs, but you have to pay for services.
ForkPlayer collects information from open resources and transforms it for easy viewing on TV, and also plays user-created playlists. In the article below we will describe how to install ForkPlayer for LG and Samsung Smart TV, carry out the initial configuration of the application settings.
Installation via changing DNS
- Go to network connection settings.
- Enter one of the combinations in the “DNS server” item:
Manual for M / MU / NU / Q series
The sequence of steps for installing ForkPlayer on TVs of the M / MU / NU / Q series will be as follows:
- Go to the Smart TV settings, select the “General” section, then “Network” and “Network Status”.
- After the system conducts an automatic check, options for actions will appear under the window. select “IP Settings”.
- In the line “DNS Settings” select the option “Enter manually”.
- Now the line “DNS Server” will become active at the bottom, click on it and enter the following parameters: 22.214.171.124. Click on the “OK” button.
- The system will apply the new settings and report a successful Internet connection. You can close the tab and go to the main Smart TV window.
- Open “APPS”. Using the catalog search, find the application “Russian Music”. this will be a disguised Fork Player for Samsung Smart TV.
- Install app. You may need to sign in to your Samsung account to complete the action.
- Run the application, after which you can make sure that ForkPlayer will be open.
Installing from a USB stick
- Download the archive from the link: http://forkplayer.TV/apps/LG_forkplayer2.57.zip. Unzip the contents to the root of a USB drive, connect it to the TV.
- The application will appear in “My Apps” (for Netcast) or on the home screen, in the lower bar (for WebOS).
If the displayed shortcuts are not active (you cannot click on them), you need to proceed as follows:
- Open the settings, in the “General” section go to the “Account Management” item.
- Register a profile by entering the required data.
With each subsequent start of the TV, you will have to open the menu and go to the “Account Management” item, while waiting for the system to download the information. After that, you can go to the home screen and use the application.
Why do you need ForkPlayer
ForkPlayer is an open source information gathering tool on the web. The application itself does not provide access to video content, but collects links to movies, TV shows and other videos, converting them for easy viewing on TVs with Smart function. In other words, you can use it to view almost any video content for free.
Some users may notice that sites accessed by ForkPlayer can also be opened through the built-in browser. This is true, but in most cases, the Internet browser is not able to normally play the films presented on the pages. they will slow down, desync or the application will crash.
Achieve much higher TV performance is possible only by launching a video in the player, having previously received a link to it. Actually, this is what ForkPlayer is doing, providing access to content on such well-known resources as:
- Fex.net etc.
The possibilities of the program cannot but interest, therefore, below we will provide instructions for installing ForkPlayer on Samsung and LG Smart TV. The methodology differs for different series of devices, therefore it will be given separately.
2014 Samsung TV H series
The technology for installing the Fork player on Samsung TVs in 2014 is exactly the same as on the C, D, E, F series. The only difference is in the menu interface, the setup procedure is as follows:
- Open the TV menu and find the item “Smart Hub”.
- Next, you need to find the line “Samsung Account” and click “OK”.
- Find Log in and log into your account with the following data: login. develop. no password needed.
If you see “Can’t connect to server”, try resetting to factory defaults.
Wait until the end of synchronization and exit Smart Hub and then enter again, the ForkPlayer application will appear in the main or additional menu.
Possible errors and problems when working ForkPlayer
During installation or while the widget is running, problems and errors may occur. We have collected the most common reasons why ForkPlayer does not work on Samsung TV, and possible solutions to the problem.
- During IPTV playback, only black screen.
This happens because of a non-working playlist. Approximately 80% of all playlists on the Internet are not working. Check out multiple playlists.
- No video works, instead of them a black screen.
Try to launch the simplest services. YouTube or Kinokard. If they don’t work either, change the player type in the settings (html5 or media).
- The MAC address has been changed, how can I return the old one.
In Samsung Tizen, you need to change the connection type from LAN to Wi-Fi and vice versa.
These are the main errors in Samsung TVs that can occur during operation or installation of the Fork player.
Samsung TV 2016. 2017 (K, M series) Tizen operating system
Installing the player by changing the DNS for Samsung TVs with Smart TV Tizen occurs in the following order:
- go to the settings / network status;
- we make a change to one of the following DNS. 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206;
- then turn off (wait 1 minute) and turn on the TV again;
- Launch the Divan TV widget, if it is not in the list of applications, try changing the region of your Smart TV to Ukraine or Russia.
If nothing works, you need to check if your TV is connected to the Internet. It may also be that these DNS are blocked by your Internet provider or in the router settings.
ForkPlayer Features for Samsung TVs
ForkPlayer amazes with its functionality, bringing TV closer to a full-fledged computer. Let’s highlight the most interesting functions:
- search and watch movies online;
- visiting the social network ;
- the presence of parental control;
- creation of playlists;
- the ability to change the external design of the program;
- many additional settings and tips that greatly simplify the use of the program.
Another feature is that the application is completely free, which is surprising for such a quality product.
2015 Samsung TV, J series Tizen operating system
This method of installing the player is suitable for all Samsung TVs of the J series except for models from J4500 to J5205 (for them, you should use the previous method).
Installing the player via the Divan TV widget stopped working after updating it, so we proceed as follows:
- Insert the USB flash drive into a computer / laptop, and format it.
- Next, create a new folder on the USB flash drive, and rename it to userwidget.
- Download this file and copy it to the USB flash drive in the userwidget folder in the same way as we downloaded it (without unpacking it).
- Connect the USB storage device to the TV and then turn it on. Wait a few minutes until the player is installed.
- After that, be sure to remove the USB flash drive so that the widget is not reinstalled.
This method is very simple and does not require any special technical skills.
How to install ForkPlayer for Samsung Smart TV
To install Fork player for Samsung TV with Smart TV, you need to know the model and series of your TV. You can see it on the back of the TV, or find it in the documentation. For each series of the release, its own ForkPlayer installation technology, and all of them will be described in detail in this article.
Samsung TV 2010-2013 year of release. Series C, D, E, F
The first thing we will do is analyze the installation of the application on the most popular TV models of 2010-2013. And so if you have a Samsung C, D, E, F series, then the installation procedure is as follows:
- We go to Smart Hub. To do this, press the “A” key on the control panel, if there is no one, go to the TV menu and look for the Smart Hub item.
- Next, you need to log into your account. To do this, in the field Uch. Zap. Samsung enter the word develop. You do not need to write a password, it is generated automatically. Step 1
The message “I can not connect to the server” may appear, in this case, you need to reset the settings to the factory settings.
We select the item “Setting the IP-address of the server” and enter the following numbers. 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168. Step 5
After entering the numbers, press “OK” on the remote control, and select the line “Synchronization of user applications”. Step 7
Wait for the sync to finish and log out of Smart Hub and then log back in. The installed application should appear on the home page or in the menu with other widgets.