Nissan Rear View Camera
Rear view camera for Nissan Juke (2010.2015), Navara (2005-2011), Note (2005-2012), Pathfinder (2005-2011), Qashqai (2007-2012), Sunny (2011-2015), X- Trail (2007.2012), Citroen, Peugeot. Designed for reversing, allows you to display on the display of the head unit (or a special mirror with a built-in display) the image of what is in the hidden area behind your car.
The camera is designed for use in a hostile environment and has a High degree of protection IP67 against dust and moisture (however, it is not recommended to direct a jet of water at it during a car wash to avoid damage to the camera). Additional brackets and wires are NOT required to mount the camera. Installation and connection are simple in execution, except for laying the video cable (from the installation site to the car dashboard).
Caution and attention when driving in reverse is a prerequisite for safe driving. Rear-view mirrors provide a certain degree of driver’s awareness of what is happening behind the car, but there is still full control of the situation. The rear view camera for Nissan Swat VDC-023 cars perfectly copes with this role.
|Sensor||1/3 “color CMOS|
|Resolution||480 TV lines|
|Number of pixels||648488|
|Physical matrix size||3.63mm X 2.73mm|
|system||PAL / NTSC|
|viewing angle||170 degrees|
|Minimum illumination||0.2 LUX|
|video output||1Vp-p, 75Ohm, RCA male|
|Signal / noise||48dB|
|operating voltage||12V DC|
|storage temperature||-40 ° C 80 ° C|
|Working temperature||-30 ° C 70 ° C|
|parking lines||yes (switchable)|
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
The warranty does NOT apply in the following cases: NOT compliance with the product use standards, exceeding the operating parameters, careless handling, not correct connection, etc. Mechanical damage to the product and damage caused by ingress of foreign objects, substances, liquids, etc. Damage caused by natural events, natural disasters, fire, etc. The product has been tampered with or repaired by unauthorized persons or service centers. In the case of installation and connection of the product, NOT certified installation centers.
Installing a new radio on the Nissan Almera Classic
The Almera Classic head unit goes well with the interior, but it lacks a USB port. That is why many people decide to replace it. In this case, you can use devices from various companies, which differ in price, quality and functionality. Consider how the replacement.
We dismantle the native radio tape recorder
Before replacing the head unit, the negative terminal of the storage battery is disconnected. Then you must adhere to the following sequence of actions:
- On Almera Classic with automatic transmission, the gear lever must be set to first speed, and from mechanical. on the second or fourth. This will expand the area for work;
- The plastic cover of the gearshift lever is dismantled. You will need to pull it up to disengage the locking caps;
- At the bottom of the radio, two screws are unscrewed to remove the decorative cover of the multimedia and air conditioning control system. The bottom edge is pulled first, and then the top edge;
- Next, unscrew the four mounting bolts holding the car radio and the air conditioning control unit. They are located in the corners;
- The car radio with the air conditioning control unit is carefully removed. In this case, the supply wires are disconnected from the cigarette lighter, the air conditioning control complex and directly from the car radio (in the amount of two pieces, as well as the connector from the antenna)
- It remains to dismantle the Almera Classic car radio from a common metal frame. To do this, Unscrew eight screws, four on each side.
We connect the wiring
I installed a new radio tape recorder on a common metal frame with an air conditioning control unit, you will need to connect the wiring and antenna. This will require the following steps
- Most new car radios are connected via the Iso connector. On Almera Classic it is not provided, so you will need to cut off the standard connector. After that, by means of twists, connect the mating part of the Iso connector. The twists must be insulated;
- At this stage, you will need an adapter for connecting the Intro ANT-16 ISO antenna, since the standard connector has a double plug. If you want or don’t have an adapter, you can make it yourself. This will require a stranded copper conductor 20 cm long, an antenna plug for a new car radio and a block for connecting wires with a nominal value of three Amperes;
- One end of the copper conductor is soldered to the minuses of the contact of the new plug. With the help of the block, the wire of the new and one contact of the plug of the old plug is connected, which is located closer to the hook. The resulting circuit is insulated with electrical tape. Further, the second edge of the copper conductor is wound under the negative plate of the factory plug of the Almera Classic antenna, after which it remains to hook it up to the mass of the car. The resulting structure must be wrapped in foil and insulated;
- Connect the antenna and supply wires and reassemble in reverse order. This completes the replacement of the Almera Classic car radio.
If, during the process of connecting a new power connector for the Almera Classic radio, the wires are interchanged, which leads to a short circuit, then the fuses in the Super Slim system should be replaced. They are located in the salon Mounting block in a bright yellow plastic frame. After that, restore the normal connection diagram of the power supply cables of the radio.
Installing a rear view camera
The installation of a new car radio with a video display can be combined with the installation of a rear view camera. To do this, you need to do the following:
- Dismantle the trunk lining
- Unscrew the two fastening screws of the plate for highlighting the state number, and pull it out of the seat, overcoming the resistance of the plastic retainer;
- A rear view camera is installed on the bar, fastened with two bolts. The wires are pulled through the technological hole, and the bar is mounted in place;
- Then we extend the cable to connect the camera through the interior, starting from the car radio. You will also need to recline the back of the rear row of seats to lay the cable to the camera;
- As a result, the luggage compartment of the Almera Classic will have a yellow plug with two cable lines. One. red, it must be connected to the positive wire for turning on the reversing light. And the second. black, transmits plus to the camera. In this case, you will need to connect two negative wires from the camera directly to the car body. Such a connection scheme will ensure the transmission of the image from the camera to the radio tape recorder, when the reverse gear is turned on.
The new radio tape recorder Almera Classic can please the owner for a long time. It leaves a feeling of renewal to the car’s console, giving a new look. If desired, you can independently replace the car radio by simultaneously connecting a rear view camera. Replacement is carried out without problems and does not require special skills, as well as tools.
Installation of parking sensors on Nissan Almera G15 with a rear view camera
- Standard camera
- Installation and connection
- Malfunctions and their elimination
The rear view camera for the Nissan Almera G15 is a small device mounted on the rear bumper of the car. Using cords, wires, or wireless technology, the signal is transmitted to the display. The screen displays a complete picture of the rear view, including digital indicators of distances to objects, facilitating parking.
The standard device has the following characteristics:
- Appointment. Rear view camera helps you avoid getting into emergency situations when parking and reversing.
- Features of installation. The device is installed instead of the rear bumper light. It is NOT required to make any changes to the car body. The system is adapted to the technical characteristics of Nissan Almera, so even if a camera is installed, the backlight is not lost.
- Specifications. The color rear view camera has multiple parking lines. The device gives a complete view, it is resistant to moisture and atmospheric factors. High resolution display and security system make the camera easy to operate and reliable.
In addition to the stock camera, the following models are suitable for Nissan Almera:
- AVEL AVS321CPR 064. The device is easy to install, it is not visible when inspecting the car, which helps to avoid theft or damage. The device has a resolution of 480 lines, it gives a good overview, which helps to continuously receive information about what is happening behind the car. High degree of water resistance ensures a long product life even in humid climates.
- Standard camera with dynamic marking. An improved model designed for the Nissan Almera car. Has protection against theft and mechanical damage. The high resolution provides accurate information on objects behind the vehicle. The camera is adapted for use on Russian roads.
Installation and connection
The process of installing and connecting a rear view camera for Nissan Almera includes the following steps:
- Preparation for the installation of the system (the trunk is completely freed from the trim).
- Removing the strip that covers the room lights.
- Removing the plafond.
- Fitting the device (the device is installed, pre-passed the wires through the holes).
- Sealing of installation sites (the gaps remaining between the device and the body are eliminated by applying a heater or introducing an airtight gasket, this protects the trunk from dust and moisture).
- Connecting the wires of the device to the cables going to the ceiling light.
- Laying and securing wires inside the trunk.
- Removing the trim on the right side of the trunk (this makes it easier to find the wires connected to the block-phase of the parking lamp).
- Removing the male and female connectors (when you see 4 pins counted from the left side, you need to find wires 2 and 3).
- Connecting the instrument wires to previously found cables.
- Laying a video line and connecting it to a car radio or a second device that receives a video signal.
- Replacing the light bulb in the remaining plafond (mounting the diode helps to get uniform illumination of the rear license plate).
If the car is under warranty service, the installation of the parking sensors should be entrusted to specialists.
Malfunctions and their elimination
Most often, malfunctions occur due to moisture getting inside the device. In this case, the camera stops transmitting video or the image is blurry. Another prerequisite may be the wear of the gaskets that protect the glasses of the device.
You can fix these breakdowns with your own hands.
For this you need:
- Remove the device by removing the luggage compartment trim. To do this, first remove a small panel, under which there are fasteners. The bolts are removed which helps to remove the main skin. Underneath are 4 nuts used to secure the handle. The camera itself is attached with 2 self-tapping screws that hold its connector.
- Inspect the device. If traces of corrosion are found on the metal parts of the device, they are cleaned. There are several self-tapping screws on the body. Care must be taken when disassembling the camera, the fasteners may oxidize and become unusable.
- Eliminate moisture. The camera must be thoroughly air dried. After that, the parts of the device are cleaned with a brush, the boards are covered with a protective varnish.
- Replace the gasket. These parts are placed between the plastic parts and on the glasses of the device. They quickly deteriorate and cease to perform protective functions. These parts are replaced before assembly.
- Assemble the device. The above steps, with the exception of repair work, are carried out in the reverse order. The joints are covered with butyl rubber sealant.
In the absence of the skills necessary for repair, you need to contact a car service.