How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?
Many users of the Android operating system dislike iOS, including because even simple transfer of music files requires the use of iTunes. How many hard-hitting words have been said on this topic, not with Honor, but the demand for iPhone smartphones continues to grow. However, I don’t see a bigger problem in using iTunes: once I installed the program and use it to download whatever you want to your phone
Let’s say you’ve taken some photos on your iPhone and want to view them on a laptop that doesn’t have iTunes installed. Does this mean that you will not be able to transfer photos to your device?
How To Transfer Pictures From Your Computer To Iphone Using Itunes 2018
Not at all. Fortunately, the Cupertinos have taken care of the convenience of using a smartphone as a camera and you can easily transfer images without any difficulties. All you need is the device you want to transfer the image to and a USB cable.
So, we connect the phone to a PC or laptop. We go to “My Computer” and see the appeared device.
We open it and see a list of our photos. As you might have guessed, in this case, the iPhone is used as a means of storing information (that is, a flash drive) and you have direct access to images. Copy them to another device using the standard method (for example, using the CTRLC and CTRLV keyboard shortcuts).
Video files are transferred in the same way.
The above method only applies to pictures taken on the phone itself (as well as videos). If you have previously downloaded your own images to the iPhone, they are compressed in such a way as to adapt to the screen of the device itself. What does it mean? And the fact is that if you transfer these photos back to your computer in the described way, you will see only small images, with an increase in which you will experience a deterioration in quality. How to be?
There are two proven ways. The first of them is that you take a screenshot from the uploaded image. To do this, select the desired picture in the photo archive, then hold down the Home Power buttons (this way you can take a screenshot of the screen or desktop on the iPhone). After that, just transfer the screenshot to your computer.
There is another, slightly more complex method that takes more time. You can send those same photos to the mail via the phone itself. In principle, nothing complicated, but it takes a lot of time.
Ask all questions through comments.
Comments on the entry “How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer?
I managed to transfer photos, but can you tell me how to do it using iTunes?
How To Transfer Photos and Videos From computer To iPhone 11 Pro with iTunes
tin! and I really thought to open iTunes for this! helped me! thank you.
Well, Android in this sense is much simpler and more convenient
you copy and that’s it. they also came up with a problem for me!
This is not Android for you, everything is confusing in ios
come on, sarcastic you, everything is well tolerated there.
I never noticed a folder with pictures there) Thank you, I threw everything.
But there is no access to the rest of the system. It’s easier with android.
you can make a jail and you will have access to system
Uploading photos to iPhone via the “cloud
The most famous cloud storage service continues to be Dropbox, despite the fact that other similar services offer more attractive terms. We have covered the procedure for transferring data via Dropbox in the guides several times. for example, in the article on how to download a movie on iPhone for free. Now we will show how to transfer images through the “cloud”, using the example of another service. “Cloud”.
First, you need to upload photos from your PC to the cloud storage. Go to cloud., Log in (or register if you are using the service for the first time) and create a folder for photos. via the “Create” button.
Give the folder a concise and understandable name. for example, “Photos”. Then click “Add”.
Finally, open a new folder and use the “Upload” button to fill it with the photos you want to admire on iPhone.
After that, you can close the site on the PC and change to the “mobile phone”. Download the Cloud application on your iPhone, launch it and log in with your credentials.
In the main menu of the application, select the “Cloud” section. In this section you will find the folder created on the PC.
After that, all that remains is to download the files from the folder to the phone.
How to Upload Photos to iPhone via iTunes?
Before proceeding with the transfer of photos in an official way. that is, through iTunes. you need to perform a number of preparatory steps:
- Download and install the latest version of the media combine. You can download the program by following this link. Connect iPhone to PC with USB cable. Collect all photos that need to be transferred to iPhone memory into one folder on computer.
It is impossible to copy a photo to an “apple” device from different folders. this is one of the significant disadvantages of this method.
After completing the preparatory steps, you can proceed to the data transfer procedure:
Open iTunes and go to the device control menu. click on the button with the smartphone image.
In the “Settings” block, select the “Photo” tab.
Check the box next to “Synchronize”.
In the menu “Copy photos from:” click on the item “Select folder”.
Use Explorer to find the folder on your PC with the photos you want to transfer to iPhone.
If the folder also contains video files that you would also like to copy to your mobile phone, check the box next to “Include video in sync” in iTunes.
Click the Apply button.
Wait until the sync is complete, then go to iPhone’s Photos app. There you will see the folder with the pictures that you copied.
Photos uploaded to iPhone via iTunes cannot be deleted in the standard way. If you open any of these photos, you will see that there is simply no icon with the image of a basket in its usual place.
The deletion of such pictures also needs to be done through the media combine. It is enough to uncheck the “Synchronize” box in the “Photo” tab and start the synchronization process by clicking the “Apply” button. The folder with photos will disappear from the memory of the mobile device.
How to Upload Photos from Computer to iPhone?
Uploading a photo from a computer to an iPhone is more difficult than to a smartphone running Android or Windows Phone. IOS developers are convincing that this business cannot be done without iTunes. However, in fact, there are a lot of methods that do not require referring to the official Apple software.
Apple first time users sometimes think that transferring photos from PC to iPhone is as easy as in the opposite direction. And they are wrong. iPhone, when connected to a computer, is not recognized as a regular flash drive. this is one of the security measures that reliably protect Apple devices from viruses.
The developers recommend using the iTunes media combine to download files to the iPhone. this method is considered official. However, there are other ways to transfer images. including those that allow you to do without a USB cable. They will also be discussed in this article.
How to upload a photo via iCloud. Apple’s “cloud”?
Only owners of devices with iOS version higher than 8.1 can copy photos to iPhone via iCloud. Also, to make this possible, you need to download the “iCloud for Windows” program on your computer, available at this link, and install it.
How to use Apple’s cloud to transfer photos?
First of all on iPhone go to Settings, follow the path “iCloud”. “Photos” and activate the slider “iCloud Media Library”.
Launch the program on your PC and enter your Apple ID credentials. Then click “Login”.
After logging in, you will see the following menu:
Click on the “Options” button opposite the “Photos” item.
In the “Photo Options” window, find the item “Upload new photos and videos from my Windows PC” and click the “Change” button located opposite it.
Select the folder with pictures via “Explorer”.
Then close the “Photo Options” window by clicking on the “Finish” button.
In the main window of the program, click on the “Apply” button.
Confirm that you want to combine information stored on your PC with information stored in iCloud. click “Combine”.
After that, the computer program can be closed. Photos and videos from the folder uploaded to iCloud will be available on the network, as well as on all mobile devices and Macs linked by the same Apple ID.
How to upload photos from PC to iPhone using alternative file managers?
You can use the Chinese alternative to iTunes media combine, iTools, to upload photos to iPhone. After installing this utility, you need to proceed as follows:
Connect your mobile device to PC and run the program.
When iTools detects the device, go to the “Photos” tab of the main menu.
Click the “Import” button and select the folder with the pictures you want to download through the “Explorer”.
You won’t be able to download photos one by one via iTools.
Confirm that you want to copy the folder to the device. click “Yes”.
Do not try to understand the question. it is written “crookedly”. Russification is the real problem of the iTools app.
Wait until the import is complete, and you will see that the photos have appeared in the gadget’s memory.
Photos downloaded via iTools also cannot be deleted from a smartphone directly. only via a computer utility. But what then is the advantage of the alternative manager over iTunes? The advantages are as follows:
- Through iTools, you can drop as many folders with photos as you want on your gadget. In the case of iTunes, downloading a new folder will delete the one that was downloaded before. iTools does not force the user to sync. This not only saves time. it also makes it possible not to worry about the safety of data on the device that the user has erased from the PC.
If you need to upload photos to iPhone one by one, you should use another alternative data manager. iFunBox. You can download the utility here. The iFunBox program is good because it allows the computer to identify the “apple” device as a flash drive.
You need to copy pictures to iPhone via iFunBox like this:
After connecting the smartphone to the PC and running the utility, go to the “Quick Toolbox” section in the main menu.
Click on the “Photo” icon.
Click Import and drag the images you want to copy into the window that appears.
After the import is complete, the photos will appear on your mobile device.
iFunBox can work correctly only on the computer on which iTunes is installed.
Warning to users: don’t use multiple alternative file managers for iPhone! This can lead to a crash, as a result of which all the photo albums of the gadget will be empty, and the pictures will be available only one at a time in the “Photos” section of the application of the same name.
Transfer Pictures from PC to iPhone: Other Ways
There are other ways to copy photos from your computer to your Apple gadget:
- Through social media. As an intermediary, you can use, for example, “”. Upload photos from your PC to an album on your social network page, then go to VK from your smartphone and save the images to the device’s memory. Via email. Set up a mailbox on iPhone, then send a photo to this mailbox from another mail using a computer. After that, go to the mail from the “mobile phone”. in the “Inbox” you will find photos that you can save in the memory of your smartphone. This method has a drawback. video, as well as high-resolution pictures, cannot be transferred due to the large weight. There is a limitation on the size of attachments on mails. the limit is usually set at 5 MB. Through a flash drive. In today’s market, you can find flash drives designed for iPhones equipped with a Lightning plug. The most famous of these media is the SanDisk iXpand. About the original flash drive from SanDisk says this
Flash drives for the iPhone are quite expensive (from 1.5 to 3 thousand rubles. depending on the amount of memory) and require additional software to be installed on a mobile device, but they allow you to quickly transfer large amounts of data from a PC to a gadget without “dancing with a tambourine”.
Despite the fact that Apple does not allow “uploading” pictures directly from PC to iPhone without iTunes, users have no reason to put up with this limitation. To transfer pictures, you can resort to any of the social networks, to email.
Transferring pictures using AirDrop
A handy feature that serves as an alternative for sharing multimedia files between Apple devices. AirDrop.
AirDrop appeared in iOS for a long time, but not all users know how to use it. There is no need to connect to the Internet for this, which is one of the main advantages of this method.
Transferring images is quite simple: to upload multimedia files, you need to do the following:
- Go to the “Control Center”, turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on both Apple devices.
- Activate in AirDrop settings.
- Select the desired photo when going to the application with pictures.
- Click “Share” and select the desired user.
- On the device that receives the picture, you need to confirm the file transfer.
In this case, it is necessary to take into account the maximum range of the AirDrop: about nine meters. Plus, this feature is only available for iPhones with iOS7 and later with a Lightning connector.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone: Basic Ways
Gadget owners often need to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. However, many of them face some difficulties when performing this procedure, despite the intuitive interface of the mobile phone. Smartphone user will learn different ways to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPhone from this article.
Transferring images to another iPhone via iCloud
So, let’s start with the fact that it is possible to transfer photos through iCloud. This method is simple, so it is preferred by many users. It is necessary to back up data in the cloud and move images from one device to another.
The “cloud” option is suitable if these gadgets have one owner or the information is allowed to be used by other persons.
Let’s look at the data transfer procedure step by step:
- connect the device with files to the Internet via “Wi-Fi” (mobile communication will not work);
- in the menu go to “Settings” of the name of the owner of iCloud “Backup to iCloud”. For iOS 10.2 and older: go to iCloud Backup Settings;
- carry out “Create a backup”;
- wait for the completion of the procedure, while remaining connected to the Internet.
How to throw pictures from the “Cloud”
To copy photos from iPhone to iPhone, a user on a new device needs to go to the “cloud” and download them, following the instructions:
- turn on the new smartphone, follow the steps suggested on the screen;
- connect to a Wi-Fi network;
- click “Recover from iCloud copy”, going to “Application and data”;
- log into your “cloud” iCloud by typing in the Apple ID and password registered on the first smartphone;
- find a copy created earlier, check its size and creation date;
- Wait for the procedure to complete.
You can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone in other ways, presented below.
We use third-party cloud services
In addition to iCloud, users can transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone through other popular services, for example: Google Drive, Yandex Drive, Dropbox. When transferring, smartphones are either connected to the same or different accounts in storage, which makes this process available to almost all users.
It is necessary to register in the “cloud” and then add the necessary files. This data can then be downloaded from the link by another user. He only needs to open access to view and download files. An image is transmitted in a similar way via email.
After reviewing the information provided, users will transfer pictures to other devices without any difficulty. It is necessary to perform the actions as described in the instructions, adhering to certain rules. This will help avoid mistakes when transferring photos. Users will be able to choose a method based on personal preferences and capabilities.
How to Transfer Videos from Computer to iPhone, iPad or iPod?
It should be noted right away that in order for you to be able to transfer the video to your portable device, it must be in MP4 format. If you have a video of a different format, then you will need to convert it first.
How to add videos to iTunes?
Now that the desired video is on your computer, you can proceed to the step of adding it to iTunes. This can be done in two ways: by dragging it into the program window and through the iTunes menu.
In the first case, you will need to simultaneously open two windows on the screen. iTunes and the folder with the video. Just drag the video with the mouse into the iTunes window, after which the video will automatically go to the desired section of the program.
In the second case, in the iTunes window, click on the “File” button and open the “Add file to library” item. In the window that opens, double-click your mouse to select your video.
To see if a video has been successfully added to iTunes, open the Movies section in the upper left corner of the program, and then go to the My Movies tab. In the left pane, open the Home Videos sub-tab.
How to Convert Video to MP4 Format?
To convert videos, you can use either a special program, for example, Hamster Free Video Converter, which allows you to easily convert videos into a format adapted for viewing on an Apple device, or use an online service, which will work right in the browser window.
In our example, we will look at how video conversion is performed using an online service.
To get started, go to your browser using this link to the Convert Video Online service page. In the window that opens, click on the “Open file” button, and then in Windows Explorer select your video file.
The second step in the “Video” tab, check the “Apple” item, and then select the device on which the video will subsequently be played.
Click on the “Settings” button. Here, if necessary, you can increase the quality of the final file (if the video will be played on a small screen, then the maximum quality should not be set, but you should not underestimate the quality either), change the audio and video codecs used, and also, if necessary, remove audio from video.
Start the video conversion process by clicking on the “Convert” button.
The conversion process will begin, the duration of which will depend on the original video size and the selected quality.
Once the conversion is complete, you will be prompted to download the result to your computer.
How to Transfer Videos to iPhone, iPad or iPod?
Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable or Wi-Fi sync. Click on the device thumbnail that appears in the top area of iTunes.
Once in the menu for managing your Apple device, go to the “Movies” tab in the left pane of the window, and then check the box next to “Sync Movies”.
Check the box next to the videos to be transferred to the device. In our case, this is the only video, so we put a check mark next to it, and then click in the lower area of the window on the “Apply” button.
The synchronization process will begin, after which the video will be copied to your gadget. You can watch it in the Video application on the Home Videos tab on your device.
We hope this article helped you figure out how to transfer videos to iPhone, iPad or iPod. If you still have questions, ask them in the comments.
The owner of Apple products, who has already opened an account, automatically gets access to the cloud storage of Icloud, which allows, among other things, to upload photos, music and clips from computer to iPhone and vice versa.
To get started, you first need to set up cloud sync on your iPhone:
- Open the “Settings” of the phone and tap on your avatar.
Now, in order to transfer pictures from a computer to an iPhone using a proprietary client for Windows, you need to:
- Log in to the program by entering your username and password Apple ID and clicking on the “Login” button.
- Open the iCloud Photos directory in File Explorer.
- And copy the necessary photos into it. after synchronization, they will automatically appear in iCloud, and from there the pictures can be uploaded to the iPhone.
A user who prefers the online version of Icloud can try another method:
- Go to the site. icloud.com, enter your Apple ID login in the first text field.
- And in the second. the password, not forgetting to check the “Stay logged in” checkbox.
- And upload your photos using the cloud icon with an arrow facing inward or simply by dragging and dropping files onto a free area.
- And waiting for the data copying to complete.
- To make things easier for yourself, the iPhone owner can pre-create a shared folder for photos and give it a friendly name.
- Uploading photos to your device is just as easy: just log into the iCloud mobile app and use the cloud icon with an arrow, this time facing outward.
Advice: in order not to clutter Aykloud with unnecessary information, it makes sense to delete the photo immediately after copying by clicking on the “basket” located here.
Finally, a small number of photos can be transferred from a computer to an iPhone using e-mail. This requires:
- Log in to your mail client, click on the “Add files” button.
- Select photos on the hard disk of your computer, wait for them to be uploaded to the server.
- In the mobile application. after receiving a letter, expand the list of photos.
Tip: you can speed up the process a little by compressing the images into one archive file in advance and then sending it to yourself by e-mail.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone?
Transfer videos from computer to iPhone, download trendy tracks to your device or flush backup copies of contacts and messages to your hard drive. the owner of an Apple phone will cope with all these tasks in just a few minutes. Another goal is no more difficult. to throw pictures from your computer to iPhone. We’ll talk about the easiest ways to transfer images.
Clouds and file hosting
It is not necessary to upload photos that should be on the iPhone to iCloud; The owner of the device can use any file-sharing site or cloud server with free access. for example, Yandex.Disk. To copy photos from computer to iPhone in this way, you will need:
- Log in to the cloud storage on your computer and click on the “Download” button.
- Select in the “Explorer” window the photos that you want to upload to the iPhone.
- Wait for them to upload to the server.
- And make sure the data can be viewed online.
- If desired, as in the previous case, the owner of the phone can collect all the photos in one directory, having previously created it in the cloud.
- On iPhone. go to the application, switch to the “Files” tab.
- And, calling the context menu, “Save to device”.
- Depending on the total amount of data and the current speed of the Internet, the process of exchanging information between the cloud and the iPhone can take from a minute or two to several hours. you do not need to disconnect the device from the Global Network at this time.
Tip: using the “Download” option in the same menu, the owner of the iPhone will be able to independently set the directory for saving photos.
To the great regret of customers, Apple mobile products still do not support microSD card connections. thus, transfer videos from iPhone to computer and vice versa, or copy photos in two stages, first downloading the data to a removable media and then connecting it to the receiving device. will not work.
However, iPhones and iPads still have USB connectors. special adapters are connected to them, allowing you to upload photos and other multimedia data to the device.
An iPhone owner will need:
- In any convenient way, connect a USB flash drive or memory card, depending on the availability of appropriate connectors in the adapter, to the PC and download photos from it: they can be added either individually or in a whole folder, best of all. to the root directory.
- Connect the portable device to the iPhone connector and wait for its authorization.
- Transfer data from a flash drive or SD card to any folder on the phone. the process will take no more time than trying to download a movie to iPad.
Important: in exactly the same way (but in reverse order), the owner of Apple products will be able to solve the opposite problem. to transfer a photo from an iPhone to a computer.
You can transfer a photo from a computer to an iPhone using a proprietary application from the manufacturer; all that is needed for this is to create an Apple ID account, install the program on the PC and find a USB cable for the phone (preferably original, although any in working order will do).
Important: you can also transfer photos from a computer to an iPhone via Wi-Fi; however, if you plan to add a large amount of data to the device’s memory, this is not recommended. transferring files wirelessly will quickly drain the battery.
To transfer photos from your computer to iPhone using iTunes, you should:
- Connect iPhone to your computer and wait for device authorization. Select the photos stored on the PC in the main iTunes window, and for the phone. specify the folder where you plan to upload files.
- Click on the “Import selected” button or, if some of the pictures from the computer have already been transferred to the iPhone, “Import all new”. and leave the devices alone until the process is complete.
If you don’t want to repeat the listed manipulations every new time, you should set up data synchronization in iTunes. then you can throw a photo from your computer in two mouse clicks:
- Go to the “Backups” section, select the “This computer” option (for easy copying of photos both from the computer to the iPhone, and vice versa) and tick the “Synchronize automatically” checkbox.
- The next time the phone is connected in order to upload photos to the internal memory, select the synchronization option and, if the process did not start automatically, click on the corresponding button.
Important: in the same way, the user will be able to transfer to the iPhone not only music and movies, but also ringtones. and even backup files.
There are several simple ways to transfer a photo from a computer to an iPhone. The most convenient. through a special adapter for microSD, proprietary software iTunes and iCloud service. Other convenient options are using cloud storage, file sharing and email.