Update iPhone firmware using mobile Internet
Disconnection in the versions of the operating system can be carried out using smartphone settings. How to disable Wi-Fi on the iPhone will be considered further.
IOS version 11
In this version of the operating system, changes were made in order to disable Wi-Fi. Keys that previously completed the module, now act otherwise. Now only the rupture of the current connection takes place, but the wireless communication is not turned off. In this case, the iPhone sometimes includes Wi-Fi. In this regard, an inexperienced user may impress that Wi-Fi is not turned off.
In order to completely disable Wi-Fi, the following steps must be performed:
After performing this procedure, the launch of the Waifa will be completely disabled.
- Currently there is an active connection. In this case, the circle with the Waifa icon will have a blue color.
- In case the disconnection occurred, the designation will get a gray color. In this case, Wi-Fi is not disconnected, but there is no active connection now.
- If there is a complete shutdown through “Settings”, the color of the mug will be gray, and the corresponding icon will be crossed out.
Full shutdown occurs in the third of the specified options. Considering how you can deactivate the automatic switching on the Wi-Fi on the iPhone, it must be borne in mind that when performing deactivation through “Settings”, the disabled connection can be engaged only if they are adjusted manually.
Version IOS 12
How to disable automatic Wi-Fi on the iPhone in the 12 version of the operating system? This way can do it:
Apple specialists believe that the specified problem relates to improper software. It is planned to release the operating system update that number 12 has.one.3, where, perhaps, the solution of the problem under consideration will be presented.
Although the user sometimes need to turn off the wireless communication completely, but the phone should not do it spontaneously. If this happened, the following actions can help:
- Perhaps the problem arises due to improper operation of the router. In this case, it is recommended to reboot it. After the resumption of work, the problem with the WiFay will disappear.
- The router uses the wrong firmware. In this case, it will help its update to the latest version.
- Can help reboot smartphone.
- When the password is entered correctly, it is issued a diagnosis of its erroneous input, it makes sense to break the connection, and then connect to Wi-Fi again.
When there is a need to update
There are several situations in which you may need to upgrade the current iOS firmware on the Apple smartphone.
- Developers sent a corresponding notice. This is usually a system message, or an email letter. Fresh firmware they recommend to put for security reasons, as well as due to the presence of fixes of detected errors and bugs.
- Battery stopped keeping the charge normally. Yes, there is a possibility that the reason is in the battery itself. But it will not be superfluous to try to update the device. In many situations it helps.
- Device start to frankly slow down. Also frequent consequence of the old firmware. Updates are also aimed at optimizing the work of the smartphone.
- Errors appear during operation. When you start the video, when you open different applications, a message may appear. The greatest probability is that the fresh program cannot work on an outdated version of iOS.
In such situations, update your iPhone to iOS 14 or other versions of the mobile operating system will definitely not be superfluous.
How to update iOS 14 via cellular network?
In order to hide the name of the network operator on the iPhone of the uncleilbreak, you just need to move the enable switch to turn on or off logo, and in the Carrier Text section you can enter your own inscription or logo.
How to download iOS update via iTunes?
Using iTunes you can update the software on the iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Connect the device to the computer
- In the iTunes application on PC, press the device button in the left side of the iTunes window.
- Click “Review”.
- Click “Check availability of updates”.
- To install the update available, click “Refresh”.
iPhone with 5G if they can update
With the advent of the iPhone 12 Apple made a change in this section. The fact is that these devices are enabled 5G the ability to connect to the iPhone for the first time forced the company to rethink the iOS load limit through mobile data. This technology offers a much faster Internet connection, which even improves Wi-Fi, so this is more than enough reason to allow users to update the software if they have activated this function and their company provides them with 5G.
How to update iOS 14 via cellular network?
If you see the inscription “Required update” for more than 15 minutes, try to restart your smartphone. After that you can go to the settings and try to download the update again. If the usual reboot did not help, you can make a forced reboot. After that try to download the update again.
How to upgrade iPhone 11 without wai fi?
Go to the settings. Settings. Main. Update. Will be highlighted (if available, of course) the ability to download update when connecting to Wi-Fi.
How to update the application on the iPhone without Wi-Fi. How to update the iPhone to the latest version of iOS
In this article we will tell you how to update iOS on the iPhone or iPad to the latest version. To access the set of new features completely free.
We also explain how to launch the latest version on your device. And you will learn about the potential problems with which you may encounter after updating on iOS 11 and whether to leave your iPhone or iPad updated overnight.
IOS update is a fairly simple process, but there are several actions that we recommend to do before you start updating. this will minimize the risks of data loss or collision with some other problems after the update. However, if you do not wait to touch the new iOS 11, you can follow our instructions below.
Note: Perhaps your friend saw an update before you, and therefore you do not see it.
How to prepare iPhone or iPad to update iOS?
As you learned from the instruction above, update iOS is simple enough, but before you do it, we recommend that you implement special training that will protect your iPhone or iPad from potential threats.
1) Make data backup
Use iTunes or ICLoid and make your data backup with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Never skip this step as your carelessness can lead to an irreversible loss of data, if something goes wrong during the update. If you find that your photos or messages disappeared after the update, you can simply restore them from your backup of your data.
How to make iOS backup with iCloud?
Open the Settings application and click on your name to access ICLOUD settings. (The users of the old versions of the iPhone have the ability to go to ICLOUD directly through the “Settings”).
Now click on “icloud” and then on “iCloud backup”.
Click on “Make Data Backup” and wait until the end of the process.
How to make iOS backup with iTunes?
Connect the iPhone or iPad to the PC using a USB cable.
Run iTunes and select the connected iOS devices by pressing their logos in the upper left corner of the iTunes screen.
On the “Overview” screen, select “Create a copy now”. (Make sure that the encrypted backup function is enabled in order to save your passwords.)
Note: Bacup includes purchased music, TV programs, applications, books, photos, video, device settings, but does not contain any data from your PC. In order to reinstall this data, you need to re-synchronize with iTunes.
2) Make a copy of the old version of iOS
Before you know how to update iOS you need to take care of copies of the old version. As a rule, this is a rather reasonable idea, because you can change your opinion and decide to return to the old version of iOS, and it will be much easier if you make it a copy. There is a chance that Apple will stop maintaining the old version of iOS and then the refund will be impossible.
If you have a copy on the disk, you will find it on the next way: library / iTunes and then select the “Software Updates” folder for your device.
Your Mac could delete this file, however, in this case you can start the browser and find old versions of the firmware on the Internet. You will see a huge number of sites offering the links you need. Make sure you choose the desired for your device.
3) Free enough space on your device
If you have little free memory on the device, you may not be able to update as it requires a large amount of free space. We recommend removing what you do not need. This item for those who are updated directly on the device.
4) Connect the iPhone or iPad to the power source
Make sure your device is connected to the power source. Lack of battery charge can be the reason for stopping the update.
5) Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi network
If your device is not connected to Wi-Fi, it will have to download via 3G or 4G network. It can eat your month traffic.
How to update iOS directly on iPhone or iPad?
You can update software directly through your iOS device, this is called a wireless update mechanism. It is carried out using the “Settings” application. If you wish, you can update through iTunes using PC. You can use any of the presented ways, but the most simple is the wireless update through the “Settings” as it does not require the use of Mac or PC.
Go to “Settings” “Basic” “Update by”.
How to make an Android update with samsung kies
For update, for example, Android 4.2.2, with samsung kies you need to do the following:
- Run the program.
- In the Update button dialog box (if the notification on the screen does not appear. the device has already installed the last update of the program).
- Wait for the installation.
The new firmware may not meet the user’s waiting (the appearance of the menu changes, new applications appear and removed.D.). Therefore, it is important during the installation to read what changes will occur, and is it worth updating.
Dear readers, today I will tell you how to gain to get around the limit on downloading files installed in the iPhone when using mobile Internet. Before the iOS 11 firmware, you could download no more than 100 MB using cell data. How to install the application more than 100 MB we told. here, bypass a new limit of 150 MB. It turned out. like this.
With the output of the iOS 11 firmware, Apple has changed the restrictions on downloading files by mobile network by increasing the limit. Now with the help of a mobile Internet, you can download no more than 150 MB files. But this is not enough even for modest firmware updates.
For example, in our test iPhone 7 there is a firmware 11.0.2, and to update iOS phones up to 11.1 need to download 306 MB., What is an excess of the limit on the mobile network.
If you try to update the iOS firmware, in the iPhone having a connection only to the mobile Internet (3G or LTE), then in the settings (basic software updates) the download button and install will not be active, highlighted in gray. And below the inscription:
To download this update, you need to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Since at the time of writing this instruction we are almost in the field, the ability to find a wired unlimited point of access Wi-Fi and calmly update the firmware, we do not have. Therefore, we found a couple of alternative solutions that may someday be useful to you.
Find the second iPhone with mobile Internet
- We find the user iPhone, who also wants to update the iOS firmware using only mobile Internet
- We turn on the modem mode in his phone, thus distribute its mobile Internet on Wi-Fi
- In your iPhone we go to the settings. Wi-Fi, turn on Wi-Fi and choose a comradeship phone in the list, connect to its access point
- After you have connected on the Wi-Fi network to another mobile Internet phone, you can update iOS: Settings. Basic. Update by. button Download and install becomes active.
After updating iOS, you distribute your mobile Internet to update the iPhone firmware of your friend (friendly) and all satisfied.
Find a laptop or macbook
The situation is as follows, finding the iPhone by proximity to update the firmware We could not, but since there was a working laptop nearby, the idea came to distribute it to the Internet, using a USB cable. Then run the iTunes program in the laptop, and with it update iOS.
- Turn on the iPhone modem mode
- We connect the USB cable iPhone and a laptop if there is no cable, you can try to connect via Wi-Fi
- We start the iTunes program, click the iPhone button (1), select the Overview section (2) and click the Refresh button (3)
If you have an unlimited mobile internet tariff, you can continue, and your iPhone firmware will be updated.
But we, at that time, about 1 GB remained at that time., And iTunes displays the iOS update volume. 2.5 GB., I do not know why such a huge difference, because in updating the iPhone itself, the size of the update is 306 MB. In general, we stopped the firmware boot process in iTunes and decided to look for another solution.
All today’s instructions can be applied not only to update the iOS firmware, but also to load objects exceeding 100 or 150 MB. That is, any applications, podcasts and t.D.
It turned out that if there is a MacBook in proximity, you can distribute to him the mobile Internet from my iPhone, then turn on the Internet distribution in MacBook, connect to it across another communication protocol and update the firmware.
In our case, described below, we will connect the iPhone to MacBook, on this Mac distribute the Internet, after which you will distribute the Internet back to the iPhone, but already on Wi-Fi network, and update the firmware, these are such diffilams:
- Connect to MacBook (operating system at that time. Sierra 10.12.5) iPhone using the USB native cable (if there is no native, then use certified cables).
- In the iPhone, turn on the modem mode and select. only USB
- Once the Internet will appear in MacBook (this can be checked in the Safari browser), run the lowest Mac OS dock system settings and choose the sharing icon
- In the general access settings, in the services, click on. Total Internet (1), in the General Connection section, select. iPhone USB (2), ports Put the Wi-Fi checkbox (3)
- If you are going to often apply the described scheme, then you need to go to Wi-Fi parameters, select WPA2 Personal security protocol and enter the password to be protected below the connection. We skip the 5th point, as you will not constantly use this compound.
- Now you need to check the overall Internet (4) and in the Enable Wi-Fi window appeared (5) Confirm. Enable.
All, distribution of the Internet with MacBook is enabled, run the setup application. Wi-Fi. turn on Wi-Fi and select MacBook in the network list. Now, using such a ring connection, you can go to the settings. the main. update to download and install the new iOS firmware in your iPhone.