Unlock via iCloud
This method also erases all information from the iPhone. In fact, this is a way to remotely wipe a smartphone and is often used in case of loss of a smartphone to prevent access to personal information. You can only use this option if the Find iPhone function has been activated on your smartphone. If the option is connected, then on a computer connected to the Internet, go to your iCloud account and find your iPhone in the All Devices tab. Select it and in the window that opens, click “Erase iPhone” and confirm the action. Next, you will be asked to enter your personal Apple ID code and remote wipe data will be launched.
If your Apple ID password is also lost, you will need to recover it. To do this, on the login screen, select “Forgot Apple ID or Password.” Answer security questions or choose the option to send a password to a trusted email address (addresses are specified at the stage of creating an account).
With an emergency call
This option was available on older versions of iOS, and in the new firmware, the loophole is closed. now, when the phone is locked, using the emergency call button, you can only make a call to the rescue service. In case the firmware in the smartphone is old, here is the sequence of actions:
- turn on your smartphone and on the unlock screen, click on “Emergency call”;
- dial the emergency number (112) and immediately drop the call;
- hold down the “Power” button until the “Turn off” slider appears and click “Cancel”;
- press the power button again and in the third second (until the slider appears) press “Emergency Call”.
Types of iPhone lock
Before describing how to unlock iPhone 4s, let’s understand the terminology. There are two types of iPhone lock: a password for entering the phone and a lock for a specific mobile service provider.
How to unlock iPhone 4, 4S
Locking your iPhone with a passcode is a standard way to keep your personal information safe from prying eyes. Access to contact lists, social networks and instant messengers, bank cards and personal photos is reliably protected by a code that will not allow you to go beyond the unlock window. However, the password has a serious drawback. it is easy to forget it. For some, one day without a smartphone is enough for this. There is no need to despair, the article tells you how to unlock 4 iPhones if you forgot your password. There is an option in which there is no data loss, but in other cases, unlocking the iPhone 4 will delete all information.
In America and European countries, the practice of linking phones to a specific cellular operator is widespread. In this case, the smartphone will cost the owner much less. However, the iPhone will only work with the SIM-card of the provider with which the contract is signed. Such devices are delivered to Russia under “gray” schemes for subsequent resale. Such blocking is removed either by the operator himself or by special technical means and is not considered in the article.
Unlocking via iTunes
The most common way to remove the lock is to reset your password through iTunes. Using this method, you can try to unlock the phone without deleting the information. If this option does not work, then the program allows you to delete all data in the phone along with the password. If you do not forget to make a backup in time, then after such a reset, you will only need to download the backup and use the phone further with all the previously downloaded information.
Recovery without saving information
If the previous method does not work for some reason, then you will have to sacrifice data. However, if you regularly make a backup, then you can safely apply this option. after resetting the password, it will be enough to recover from the backup.
Removing the lock in this way requires enabling the recovery mode or DFU emergency mode on the smartphone. To enter Recovery Mode, follow these steps:
- disconnect your iPhone;
- press and do not release the “Home” button;
- connect your smartphone to your computer while holding down the Home key;
- wait for the iTunes icon with USB cable to appear.
After launching iTunes will show a window with information that the phone is in recovery mode. Further actions do not differ from the previous option. Run recovery, which will not only update iOS, but also reset all smartphone settings to factory defaults by deleting information from the device and clearing the password.
How to unlock iPhone 4, 4S
Apple offers two possible ways to unlock your iPhone when you forget your passcode. Resetting the passcode is possible through iTunes and iCloud services. In both cases, you need to know the Apple ID to complete the transaction, and using iCloud means that the “Find iPhone” option is enabled in the phone settings. Let’s consider these options in more detail and tell you how to unlock iPhone 4s if you forgot your Apple ID password.
How to factory reset iPhone 4s with buttons?
Entering Recovery Mode
- Press the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- The device will show the shutdown slider and then the screen will turn off.
- Wait until the device starts to boot and release the “Power” button.
- After 10-15 seconds, a cable image and an iTunes icon will appear on the screen.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Passcode?
While holding the volume down button, connect your iPhone to your computer. Hold the volume down button until the recovery mode screen appears. If you have a backup of iPhone data, after removing the password, restore data and settings.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 4s?
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the device menu in the “Settings” “General” “Reset”.
- Click “Erase Content and Settings”.
- Enter your device password or Apple ID password to confirm.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Using Buttons?
- Press and release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- So to implement a Hard Reset, you need to hold down the volume down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
How to Factory Reset iPhone without Data Loss?
How to factory reset iPhone or iPad
- Back up important data If you want to keep your personal information, back up your iPhone or iPad locally to your computer using iTunes and / or a cloud copy to iCloud.
- Perform a reset Go to “Settings” → “General” → “Reset” and click “Erase content and settings”.
Can I Unlock iPhone 4?
A numeric password (4 or 6 digits) is set on the iPhone to protect your data. … Despite this, you can still unlock your iPhone. To do this, you will have to erase all data from the device (including the numeric password).
Can I Unlock iPhone 11?
In the case of the iPhone 11, iPhone X, XS, or XR, Face ID, which requires the presence of the owner of the device, will prevent authentication. At the same time, it will not work to unlock the gadget, even if you bring it closer to the sleeping person, because the user must definitely look at the smartphone when authenticating.
Installing our own firmware
There is a way to significantly reduce the likelihood of failures during work. To do this, you just need to download the firmware suitable for your phone in advance and then use it during reinstallation. Your actions will change slightly:
- Download the latest firmware version.
- In the open iTunes window, click “Restore”, but at the same time hold down the Shift key on the keyboard if you are working in Windows, or Alt if working in Mac OS.
- An explorer window will open, in which you need to find the firmware file you downloaded and click on the open button.
Then everything will happen automatically. The device can be unlocked when it goes into Recovery Mode, flashes and reboots. It will remain to select the language, region, connect to iTunes and select the phone setting “Like new”.
You can not create a password further so that the owner of the device does not forget it again. After that, you will receive a “clean” iPhone 5S with factory settings.
Reflash iPhone to reset password
Once again, we note that only flashing is the only way to reset iPhone 5S if its owner has forgotten the password. We will describe how to reset the code from the lock screen by flashing.
- Launch iTunes on your computer, check the Help menu for updates to your media player. For work, you will definitely need the latest version of the application.
- Connect the original Apple USB cable to the computer.
- Click on the phone icon in the application, going to the iPhone menu. A window will open, with which you will directly work.
If an inexperienced user has forgotten the password, then the easiest option for him to unlock the phone is to click on the “Restore” button. The program will independently download the latest firmware for your gadget from Apple servers and reinstall iOS on the device. Then, using the same application on your computer, you can restore personal data from previously saved backup copies.
However, this simple method has a number of disadvantages:
- the latest version of iOS has a size of about 1.5 GB, which makes the download and reinstallation process quite lengthy;
- in case of any failure in your home Internet or short-term lack of access to the Apple server, the process will have to start over;
- recovery when using a Windows computer is usually accompanied by the appearance of errors, leading to the inability to reinstall iOS in normal mode.
With Mac OS, the situation is somewhat different. problems when choosing this option to unlock the password, if they arise, are extremely rare. Therefore, the above method is more suitable for owners of Apple computers.
How to Bypass iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S Passcode
However, here it should also be borne in mind that iTunes automatically downloads the latest firmware version, which may differ from yours. This can be an important argument for the owners of the so-called. “Jailbroken” devices that can only work with one firmware version.
Resetting the password in DFU mode
The described method does not always make it possible to avoid device errors by resetting the password. The most reliable option to unlock iOS is achieved by forcibly entering the device into DFU mode, which is significantly different from the previously used Recovery.
The latter acts, in other words, like a “rollback” of the existing system to its original state with the restoration of factory settings and parameters. DFU, on the other hand, is a bootloader mode in which the device’s memory is formatted, system components are reinstalled, and iOS is completely re-installed.
Password reset by flashing in DFU mode
If the user forgot to backup his personal data, they will be lost, since to unlock the device in DFU mode, iOS needs to be completely reinstalled. The sequence is as follows:
1000% Possible iCloud Unlock ”iPhone is Disabled” Unlock iCloud Activation Lock WithOut Wifi
- Turn off the iPhone, connect it to a PC with fresh iTunes installed using an Apple USB cable and enter the device into DFU mode. This is done like this:
○ hold down and hold the power key of the gadget for 3 seconds;
○ press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds without releasing the power key;
○ release the last one after this period of time, and hold “Home” until the gadget enters DFU mode.
- In iTunes, select your device and click “Restore” while holding down Shift (for Windows PC).
Then you can unlock the phone as described earlier. indicate to the application the location of the new firmware and start the process. All further actions will take place automatically.
You may not be able to activate DFU mode the first time, especially if you have not had such experience before. There is nothing terrible in this, you just need to understand how to recognize that the device is in DFU, and not in Recovery Mode.
The latter is very easy to distinguish when a characteristic image of a media player icon and a USB cable appears on the screen of the device. When the device is entered into DFU mode, on the contrary, the display will be completely black (or in some cases white), will not respond to a single button press. However, iTunes will be able to detect it, and in the corresponding window it will be written that the device is in Recovery mode. Do not pay attention to this. proceed according to the already described template.
How to unlock iPhone 4s
If the user has forgotten the four-digit password on the iPhone 4S or 5S, it can only be unlocked by flashing it by connecting to a computer with the iTunes application installed. This is the only way out, in which, in addition, all personal files on the phone are lost. And if there are no credentials in the Apple ID, then the “Find iPhone” option must be disabled for a successful reset, since it will be impossible to activate a phone with iOS 7 without entering this information.
How to recover Apple ID account data
Unlocking the phone is not so difficult as long as the user has not forgotten their Apple ID password. However, if you forget this data too, restoring your device can be difficult.
over, if the Find My Phone function is enabled in the iPhone 5S with iOS 7, the device is automatically linked to the Apple ID account, so even after flashing using DFU, the gadget cannot be unlocked without logging into the account.
Successful methods of hacking the firmware are not yet known, therefore, to restore the account, you will have to act exclusively in official ways. There are not so many of them:
- Go to the page https://iforgot.Apple.com and enter the mailbox specified during registration, which is the identifier in the Apple ID, click on the continue button.
- If you choose to confirm using E-mail, a message will be sent to the mailbox associated with the Apple ID containing a link allowing you to change your password.
- If you do not have access to your email account, try to answer the security questions specified during registration.
Passcode Unlock Iphone 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 plus, 4s, 4, / Forgot Passcode / Iphone Disabled any iOS
If none of the methods worked, you will have to contact support and resolve the issue with access to your account personally.
Recover using a deleted iCloud service
This method is almost the same as the previous one. But you can be far from home and your home computer, in another city or another country. You can unlock iPhone via iCloud if you have enabled the “Find My Phone” option before.
- Go to iCloud.com from any device.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Go to the “All devices” section and select the desired gadget.
- Select the line “erase iPhone” (Erase).
All data on the device will be erased, it will be unlocked. Then you can connect the gadget to iTunes at a convenient time and use the backup to restore.
This method only works if the locked phone is connected to WI-FI or mobile internet. And if you know your ID.
Why you need to urgently unlock your iPhone with really working methods?
We will not talk about cases when someone else’s phone fell into your hands. In this case, it is still better to return it to the owner. But still, atypical situations may arise:
The Face ID function has stopped working (the scanner is broken, does not respond). Yes, the situation is not the most common, but it happens.
The fingerprint scanner is broken, the settings are out of order,
Thinking while twirling the phone in your hands, and spent ten attempts to scan your fingerprint,
You only used the password, but you cannot remember it and attempts to recover have been exhausted,
The phone fell into the hands of a child who entered incorrect information 10 times, and now the gadget is blocked,
The child set the password while playing and does not remember it.
You bought a gadget off hand and did not check if it is ready to work with you. In this case, it is worth not only recovering the password, but first make sure that your gadget is not listed as hijacked. This can be done by entering the serial number on the Apple website: the device must have a Clean status. Although, if this is not the case, we generally do not recommend that you pay money for such a dubious purchase.
You bought a device handheld and the previous owner did not unactivate the device in iCloud.
How to unlock iPhone via iTunes
So, if you entered the wrong password more than 9 times or used the recognition scanner on the gadget, then the smart operating system will turn off the device, lock and deactivate it. In order to prevent fraudsters from accessing personal data (for example, passwords from wallets, your personal photos and contacts), all content on the device will be deleted.
And it will end well if you have done an iPhone backup restore to iTunes on a regular basis. In this case, in order to reset the phone, you will need an authorized computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer with cable, turn on iTunes.
- To force restart your phone on iPhone X, XS and XR, and iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, press and quickly release the volume up button, then volume down. Then keep pressing the side button until the recovery mode screen appears. (program icon). On iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, press the Side and Volume buttons at the same time. On iPhone 6s, press the Home button and the Top or Side key.
- Select “restore phone” in the window that appears.
- If you saved system backups during synchronization, after downloading the software, you will be prompted to use them to write to your phone. Agree.
- Set up the newly turned on phone and use it.
Recovery Mode to Unlock iPhone if Forgot Password
This method can be used only if you know the Apple ID of the device and the password to which the device is linked in the iCloud menu. If you dare to restore a locked iPhone without this information, and activation lock is installed on it using the “find my phone” function, the device will turn into a “brick”.
It is worth using the recovery mode if you want to reset the password on a locked iPhone 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR. This may be needed if you don’t know, don’t remember the password, couldn’t find it.
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Select Recovery Mode from the menu that appears.
- Turn on iTunes, click OK and then “Restore iPhone”.
- If a message appears about auto-checking for updates, click on the “check” button.
- Then click “Repair and Update” on the next screen. You will be warned that all data from the gadget will be deleted.
IMPORTANT: on some firmware versions, an error appears (3004): Failed to restore iPhone. To cope with this, close all browsers and make Internet Explorer your default browser by launching it and agreeing to the offer in the displayed window.
If you downloaded the firmware in advance (for example, because the Internet is slow on your computer), then the “restore iPhone” button in iTunes must be pressed while holding down the Shift key. Then a window will appear where you can enter the path to the firmware file.
Resetting the Wrong Attempts Counter
Did you leave your iPhone on the coffee table and was grabbed by a curious child? Returning from the bathroom, they found that their beloved phone had turned into a piece of iron. But you know the password, you just need another chance! In this case, you can simply reset the counter of incorrect attempts and re-enter the desired combination, or use Face ID on your iPhone X, XS or XR.
You can reset the counter of incorrect attempts to enter a password on the phone on a computer with which the gadget has already been synced at least once.
- We connect the phone to the computer with a cable.
- In the “Devices” menu, select the item “Synchronize with” Instead of dots. the name of the device.
- As soon as syncing starts, stop it by clicking the cross at the top of iTunes. The phone will return to the password entry window. Make no mistake this time.
By the way, you won’t be able to reset the password and the counter of attempts by “Hard reset”: you must admit, it would be too easy for intruders.
It will also not work to connect the phone to someone else’s computer: in this case, you must first press the “trust” button on the phone. But you will not be able to do this since the screen is locked.
Installing new firmware via DFU mode on iPhone if you forgot your password
If soft recovery does not help, then it remains to use a hard reset to install the new firmware. This task can be solved in DFU mode. To get there on the iPhone 6 and 6s, simultaneously press the Home and Power buttons and hold for 10 seconds.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the procedure is different:
- Connect your phone to iTunes.
- Hold down the volume down and off buttons, hold until the phone turns off. Release only the Power button.
- In DFU mode, the screen should be black, no iTunes icon.
- On the computer screen, the program will offer to check for updates, after clicking the “Check” button, it will inform you that the phone is in recovery mode. Click OK and reinstall the firmware (it’s better to download it in advance).
Unlocking iPhone 4s via iTunes
Using this method, you can choose to save or not save data on your smartphone. Well, if it’s yours. then the first option is more preferable, and if you found it, then it does not quite suit you (for a number of reasons), and you don’t care about the data contained therein.
Connect your phone to your iTunes and select Devices. Next, select the connected phone, on the right, select the Overview tab and click on the Restore item. Restoring your phone in this way does not erase all data on it. However, we still recommend making a backup before restoring. It is available under Copy.
The second method will erase information from your 4s forever. It is used in emergencies, but it is simple. To do this, you need to switch the phone to DFU mode. Connect your 4S via a USB cable to your PC, turn it off and simultaneously press the Power and Home buttons. As picture.
Once the screen has turned off, remove your finger from the Power button, but do not stop holding Home. A message will appear stating that the phone is in recovery mode. The program will independently load the updated firmware into the phone and restore it to its original (factory) state. Yes, there will be no past data, he and the password you hacked, count up. Rather, they removed it, which, in principle, is also not bad. At least it’s better than paying money in the service for the same actions.
Do not panic if the recovery time is delayed. After all, the 4S firmware weighs almost 2 gigabytes and therefore the process can take some time. But you look at the recovery bar, it shows at what stage the progress of actions.
Is it difficult to hack the pattern on the phone yourself?
Let’s digress a little from the topic of unlocking a phone with a forgotten numeric password. Smartphone users who have the ability to protect their phone with a pattern are often forgotten too. what they came up with in a drunken stupor or busy with their thoughts. Is it difficult to choose a graphic symbol on your own and how many combinations are there in general??
If you believe the math, with a pattern length of 7 points (the most common number chosen by users), the number of combinations is 72,912. But this is subject to the creation of complex keys, some of which cannot be repeated on modern smartphones even with a lot of effort. According to Hacker magazine, users from all over the world make up the same type of drawings, the number of which does not exceed 100 pieces.
The most common pattern lock options
Any phone is blocked for a certain time if the number of entered pattern key variants is 5 attempts. That is, if desired, the pattern can be cracked in 1-2 days, crossing out the options that you have already tried. Below you can take for yourself the most frequent and most common patterns of pattern keys that are used all over the world to lock phone screens.
All together, let’s say THANK YOU to our mathematician friends from China, the USA and Russia, who have written whole scientific works on this subject. And all to make it easier for you to unlock your smartphone.