Using this method, you need a PC or laptop. To do this, you need to download and install a special iTunes program. Let’s figure out how to uninstall the application using this method:
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- Go to the device management menu, displayed in the upper left corner of the screen as a mobile phone.
Next, select the “Programs” section, several pages of the main screen will be displayed on the right. Select the one where the application you want to uninstall is located.
Move the mouse cursor over the application, after that a cross will appear in the upper left corner of the icon, click on it. You don’t need to confirm deletion.
Starting with the version of the operating system iOS 5, there is a more informative way to uninstall applications. Before starting the procedure, the user can find out how much memory it takes on the device. How to remove an app from the cloud on iPhone:
Go to “Options”, open “General” and select “Using iCloud”.
Next, you should select “Management”. After that, a full list of installed applications will open with a description of the file size.
It remains only to find the desired application in the list, tap on it, then click on the “Remove the program” item and confirm the removal in the appeared selection menu.
If the required application is not found in the list of installed applications, but you are sure that you installed it on your smartphone, you will need to scroll down the list and click “Show all programs”.
This method involves removing the necessary applications directly from the main screen of the smartphone. To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- First of all, you need to touch the icon of the application that needs to be removed, and hold it until the main screen switches to the mode of removing and moving applications.
- A cross will appear in the upper left corner of the icon, on which you need to click.
After a menu will appear confirming the deletion, you will need to tap on the “Delete” icon.
Starting with iOS 10 and later, it became possible to uninstall many standard applications, which was not possible in previous versions. You can recover deleted standard applications through the App Store.
Possible deletion problems
If the methods described above do not work on your smartphone and you cannot delete the application from the iPhone, most likely restrictions are set in the settings. Removing them is easy:
Go to “Options”, “General”, “Limitations”.
Next, the user will be prompted for a password that is set for restrictions.
In the list on the right, find “Uninstall programs” and switch the slider to the active position.
After applying these steps, the problem will be resolved.
How to Delete an App or Game from iPhone. Effective Methods
New Apple users may have some questions about certain features of the new device. Sometimes even a seemingly simple operation such as uninstalling applications causes difficulty. In this article, we will explain in detail several ways on how to completely uninstall the application from the iPhone, what difficulties may arise and how to solve them.
Removing apps on modern models
The new model range of “apple” products has such a function as 3D Touch. In fact, this will not affect the uninstallation process in any way, and the above methods will also work, but users may encounter some difficulties. For example, when removing applications from the desktop, the user may be faced with the fact that there will be no swinging icons or a cross in the upper corner. Next, we will explain what this may be related to.
When you press the smartphone screen hard, the 3D Touch functionality turns on instead of the uninstall interface. This can be confusing for many users. This feature is present in the iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, 11 and so on. All that is required from users of these models, in order to avoid activating the function, is not to press the screen forcibly.
You can also lower the pressure sensitivity to activate the function. To do this, you need to go to “Options”, then “Basic”, “Accessibility”, “3D Touch”. Here you can adjust the sensitivity by setting the slider position to High, Medium, or Low. And you can also disable this function.
How to delete a game on iPhone
The most effective way to uninstall a game is to use a file manager. This will delete both the game itself and all saved files to it. So how to do it:
Enter the iOS file manager, it is located on the main screen of the smartphone and looks like a folder.
Select it by clicking in the upper right corner of the “Select” screen.
After that, an interactive menu with a list of possible actions will appear at the bottom. To delete, you need to click on the icon in the form of a trash can. Done.
Applications are not deleted: what is the reason?
If the icons “tremble” after a long press, but the cross in the upper corner does not appear, this means that the settings are prohibited from uninstalling programs. You can remove this prohibition like this:
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Restrictions”.
Enter the security password (the same one that you always enter when unlocking the gadget). Be careful: there are only two attempts!
Switch the toggle switch opposite to “Remove Programs” in the active position.
Then you can uninstall applications as usual.
Remove unnecessary applications through the “Settings
You can uninstall programs through the built-in Settings application only from those gadgets on which iOS version higher than 5.0 (inclusive) is installed. This method is more informative. users can see how much memory a particular program takes up, and it is on this that they base the decision on the advisability of deleting.
To completely remove the program through the “Settings”, proceed as follows:
Follow the path “Settings”. “General”. “Statistics”, and you will see a list of programs installed on the gadget. Initially, only the most “weighty” applications will be shown. if you want to view the full list, click on the “Show all programs” button.
On the right, you can see the weight of the application.
Select an unnecessary application, click on its icon and on the next page, click on the “Uninstall program” button. Then confirm the deletion in the window that appears.
How to completely uninstall apps via iTunes?
You can also erase applications from the iPhone through iTunes, even if this is not the most convenient and fastest way. You need to act like this:
Connect the gadget to PC via USB cable or Wi-Fi and launch iTunes.
Select the connected device in the sidebar on the left. If there is no panel, you can call it by pressing CTRLS.
On the device control screen, select the “Programs” tab.
You can delete it in one of two ways. The first method: find the unnecessary program in the list and click “Remove”.
The second way: scroll through the home screens, select the one on which the unnecessary application is located, and double-click on the screen with the left mouse button. Then just click on the “cross” located above the unnecessary application.
Click “Apply”, and after synchronization, the program will be removed from the iPhone.
Removing programs from the desktop
Removing games and applications from the desktop (this method is also called the 5-touch method) is the simplest option. Follow these instructions:
Press the “Home” button to return to the desktop.
Touch the icon of the application that you would like to delete with your finger and hold for 2-3 seconds until all the icons begin to shake. Then you can remove your finger.
You will see “crosses” appear in the upper left corners of the icons.
Click on the “cross”. the iPhone will ask for confirmation of the delete operation and warn that all data stored in the program will be erased.
Click “Delete” and the icon will disappear from the desktop. this means that the program has been removed from the iPhone.
Press the “Home” button again so that the icons stop “shaking” and you can again fully use the gadget.
Please note that the icons of built-in applications also “shake” when pressed for a long time, but the “cross” above them does not appear.
It is impossible to delete any standard applications from iPhone.
Can I Erase Game Data on iPhone?
Progress in games from the AppStore is tied to an account, so if the user wants to start the game over, he has two options:
- Create a new account on initial launch of the app.
- Delete game achievements via iCloud. To do this, on the device you need to go along the path “Settings”. “iCloud”. “Storage and copies”. “Storage” and switch the toggle switch opposite the application name to the “OFF” mode.
It is after deleting game data from iCloud that the user can be sure that he erased the application completely.
An important advantage available to Apple technology owners is that even after deleting from the iPhone, any application can be restored, because the programs are not tied to a specific device, but to an iTunes account. Users of paid software do not need to worry: they will not have to pay again for re-downloading a remote application.
How to uninstall an app from an iPhone
- Open the desktop with the program you want to uninstall. Press your finger on its icon and hold until it starts to “shake”. An icon with a cross will appear in the upper left corner of each application. Select her.
Also, any installed application can be removed through the settings of the Apple device.
Open the settings. In the window that opens, go to the “Basic” section.
Remove apps from iPhone
So, you have a need to completely remove apps from iPhone. You can accomplish this task in different ways, and each of them will be useful in its own case.
IOS 11 introduces such an interesting feature as downloading programs, which will be especially interesting for users of devices with a small amount of memory. Its essence lies in the fact that the space occupied by the program will be freed on the gadget, but at the same time the documents and data related to it will be saved.
The application icon with a small cloud icon will also remain on the desktop. As soon as you need to access the program, just select the icon, after which the smartphone will start downloading. There are two ways to download the download: automatically and manually.
A useful function that will work automatically. Its essence lies in the fact that the programs that you use the least often will be unloaded by the system from the smartphone’s memory. If suddenly you need an application, its icon will be in the same place.
To activate automatic upload, open your phone settings and go to the “iTunes Store and App Store”.
You can also independently determine which programs will be downloaded from the phone. This can be done through the settings.
Open Settings on iPhone and go to the “General” section. In the window that opens, select the “iPhone Storage” section.
In the next window, find and open the program of interest.
Tap on the “Download program” button, and then confirm your intention to perform this action.
Complete content removal
The iPhone does not provide the ability to uninstall all applications, but if this is exactly what you need to do, you will need to erase content and settings, that is, a complete reset of the device. And since this issue has already been discussed on the site, we will not dwell on it.
Unfortunately, the ability to manage applications has been removed from iTunes. But with the removal of programs through a computer, iTools. an analogue of iTunes, but with a much wider range of possibilities. will perfectly cope.
Connect iPhone to computer and then launch iTools. When the program detects the device, on the left side of the window go to the “Applications” tab.
If you want to perform selective deletion, either to the right of each select the “Delete” button, or put a checkmark to the left of each icon, followed by selecting “Delete” at the top of the window.
At least occasionally remove applications from the iPhone in any way suggested in the article, and then you will not be faced with a lack of free space.
Removing “hidden” games
To uninstall a game that is not displayed in the list of installed “progs”, use the “Hunt Mode”. To do this, click on the green circle, after which you will see a sight on the desktop, which must be dragged onto a “meticulous” toy or application. After that, the program itself will offer you a menu of options. We are interested in the menu: “Uninstall”.
This program allows you to completely remove all unnecessary files. And also is the most correct option for “demolishing” unnecessary applications.
The third way to uninstall an app on iPhone 7 is to use iTunes. This option is especially convenient for those who synchronize a mobile device with a PC. There is nothing complicated here either. To get started, connect your Apple gadget to your computer and launch the application. After opening iTunes, go to the tab located under the “Manage” section. Then, in the list that opens on the left, select the “Programs” subsection. The iPhone workspaces will appear in front of you. Double-click to open the desktop where the application to be removed is located. Move the mouse cursor over the application icon, a cross will appear in the upper left corner. Click on it, the application will disappear from the desktop. To confirm the actions, to complete the operation, click “Finish”. All deleted items after synchronization will disappear from the smartphone.
Using Revo Uninstaller
When you install a program or game, your computer’s operating system usually offers a specific location where you can “write” files. But in the future, some data can be copied without your knowledge to the registry, where it can be for an indefinite time, even after the utility or toy has been removed by the “user”. To clean the system disk and registry, you can use a special utility, namely Revo Uninstaller. This utility can permanently delete applications, search for files, completely clean your PC from junk and much more.
- Find and download Revo Uninstaller from the Internet using trusted sites. For example, such as softportal.com. Install and run it.
- The program will offer a window in which it will display a list of installed games and applications. You should select the “sentenced” utility and click “Delete”.
- After choosing the most suitable uninstallation mode, click “Next”.
- After completing the process of analyzing and uninstalling the application, you should mark those files, the name of which contains the name of the previously removed “toy” from your computer and click “Delete”.
How to uninstall a game from the start menu
Most of your installed games can be found in the Start menu. At the bottom left of the screen, click on the checkbox, in the menu that appears, left-click on “All programs”. You will see a list of programs (including games) that are installed on your computer. The list can be scrolled using the mouse wheel or scroll bar. Find your game in this list and open the folder by clicking the left mouse button. If you have a line “Delete game” there. then naturally click on it.
The uninstallation process starts. In each game, it happens differently, but if you need your participation, just constantly press the “Delete” and “Next” buttons. Eventually the game will be deleted.
Uninstalling Apps on iPad
To remove an app from your iPad, you can use desktop functionality, device settings, or iTunes on your computer. Consider all uninstallation options and their features.
How to hide a deleted app?
This is not difficult to do. This requires the iPhone to be connected to the computer. ITunes opens and the following steps are performed:
After that, such a program will cease to exist in the device. It will not even be visible in the vault. But everything is reversible and can return again, if only the user expresses such a desire.
Uninstall in Steam
To delete a game in Steаm, you must first start the client itself and enter your profile. After that, you first need to uninstall from your computer:
- Having opened your library, select the required game and go to its properties by right-clicking on it.
- Open the local files tab and click on the “Remove from computer” button.
- Confirm deletion.
After that, all local application files will be deleted from the computer, but it will still remain in the Steam library. To permanently remove the Steam game, you need to:
If everything is done correctly, the game will disappear forever from your Steam profile.
Through cloud storage
All methods above will erase only the application itself. Some information. for example, the process in games. will be saved in the cloud. If you want to install the program from scratch or get rid of it completely, delete the data about it from iCloud:
- On iPad go to Settings → iCloud → Storage.
- Click on “Manage”.
- Select the program you want to erase
- Click “Change”.
- The last action. tap “Delete everything”.
Note: This method is not available for devices with iOS 4 and below.
Every iPhone comes with a set of default apps by default. One of them is “Settings”. To use it to remove another application from the iPhone, you need to proceed as follows:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Go to the section “Basic”.
- Select the “Statistics” section. Here you can view all the programs installed on your device, their version and the amount of memory used. If the application you want is not in the list, click “Show all programs”.
- Select an application and in the window that appears, click “Uninstall a program”.
This method can take a long time due to the synchronization between iPhone and computer. Plus, it assumes that iTunes is already installed on your computer. To remove an application from a mobile device, you should:
5 Fixes Cant Delete Apps on iPhone, iPad.iOS 14, iPadOS 14
- Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
- Run iTunes on your computer.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes on the sidebar of the program. If you do not see this panel, press CtrlS.
- The device control screen appears on the right side of the window. Tabs will appear at the top, one of them is “Programs”. Select her.
- Flip through the iPhone work screens in iTunes until you find the program you want. When you hover the mouse cursor over it, a cross will appear on the application icon. To uninstall an application, click on the cross.
- Click “Apply” (the button is located in the lower right corner of the screen) to permanently remove the application. If you change your mind or make a mistake, click “Return”.
- Synchronize iPhone with computer. Done!
This method is the fastest and easiest to remember, it allows you to uninstall applications in just five taps in ten seconds. So, the algorithm of actions:
- Exit to the home screen (press the HOME button).
- Touch the icon of any application and hold it for 2-3 seconds. When the icons on the screen begin to move and “shake”, you can remove your finger.
- If you look closely at the application icon, you will notice that a cross has appeared in the upper left corner. Click on it.
- A system warning will appear on the screen stating that the data associated with the application will disappear upon deletion. Click “Delete”.
- Done! The program has been removed. To continue working with iPhone, press the HOME button.
How to Remove Apps from iPhone: 3 Easy Ways
Your iPhone has too many played games and apps that you don’t use at all? It means that it’s time to clear the mobile device of unnecessary data. But how to do that?
There are 3 ways to uninstall an app from iPhone:
- Through “Settings”
- From the home screen
- Using iTunes.
Let’s consider each of them separately.
About paid programs
New iPhone owners are often worried about the following question: if you delete a paid application, will you have to buy it again? We hasten to calm them down: no, you won’t have to.
Each game or program downloaded to your iPhone or iPad is not tied to the device itself, but to your iTunes account. In other words, even if you delete a paid application, you will always have access to it through your account, in which you can download it again, and you will not have to pay a second time. Deletion will only affect data inside the smartphone (for example, saving games).
Therefore, you can uninstall paid programs without fear: they are available in iTunes at any time.!
Unloading system software
The extended menu allows you to remove the firmware while preserving the data. For example, you are looking for a replacement for a standard solution, but have not yet decided on the choice. Thus, you can limit yourself to using the system application. If the alternative turns out to be less functional, “Reminders” will return with the saved data.
- In the extended menu, select the item marked in the screenshot.
- We confirm the decision to delete with the preservation of data.
How to uninstall an app or game from iPhone
Research on the mobile app market and the habits of phone owners is conducted regularly. According to the American company App Annie, which compiled statistics for ten different countries. on average, 70–80 applications are installed on smartphones. On a regular basis, 30 to 50% of this amount is used. The rest will remain a useless heap of icons and sooner or later the user will think about how to remove the application from the iPhone.
Apple engineers seem to be quite familiar with user behavior statistics and therefore built a mechanism for automatically freeing memory from unused applications into iOS.
- Open the operating system settings. Go to the section indicated in the screenshot.
- Scroll through the page to the very end to find the required parameter. If you move the marked switch to the active position, the iPhone will solve the problem on its own if there is not enough free space. Some programs will be unloaded from the device without data loss. You can restore them at any time by re-downloading from the AppStore.
This option may suit owners of devices with a small amount of internal memory.
If you think that automatic control allows spies to access your device and download something outstanding from it, you can choose the manual method.
- In the iPhone settings, open the “General” section. Go to the boxed item.
- At the top of the screen, we see a graphical display of the files contained on the smartphone, broken down into categories. You can visually assess how much space a photo or software takes up. Scroll the screen in the direction indicated by the dotted arrow.
- All installed applications open to us. Next to each is the date of the last use and the amount of space it occupied. For example, let’s look at the Sberbank program designed for online access to services.
- Clicking on the icon opens additional information and control menus. In the field marked with the number “1”, the original 127 MB is divided into files of the program itself and user data. Thus, you can get an idea of the free space that will be freed with different methods of deletion. Using item “2” we will clear 117 MB. The data will remain in the smartphone and will be used again in the next recovery. In other words, if you have a paid subscription to the application, when you reinstall it, it will automatically resume using the saved settings. An item marked with a triple works in the same way as deleting it from the home screen. The application and its data are erased completely and irrevocably.
When put into delete mode on the iPhone, an interesting picture can be observed. On the home screen, the icons start to “dance”, and the crosses do not appear next to them. This means that content management restrictions are activated on the smartphone you are holding.
- Open the “General” section in the settings. Scroll down the screen until we get to the item marked in the screenshot.
- All switches in this settings area are disabled by default. To access them, click on the indicated interactive button.
- You will need to enter the code you set during the initial setup. As you type it, the circles indicated by the arrow are filled with black. The password must be confirmed exactly on the next screen.
iPhone XS/XR: How to Uninstall (Delete) Apps Permanently
- Correctly entered code will activate the control menu. We are looking for the item indicated in the screenshot. The switch opposite to it must be turned on.
By setting the limit switch to the correct position, you can return to the home screen and uninstall unnecessary software.
recently, Apple has given users the ability to manage most of the system applications. The program “Health”, which is part of the main functionality, cannot be deleted in this way, and maps, notes or reminders can be.
- You can use any of the options described above. Let’s use a simpler and more descriptive one. After selecting a preinstalled program, we transfer the iPhone to uninstall mode.
- We confirm the choice by clicking on the corresponding button.
- Clicking on the marked logo, which is a cloud with an arrow, will return the application to its place.
In most cases, the user only needs one method to manage the programs installed on the smartphone. Complete removal from the home screen is quick and easy. It is extremely rare to resort to storage settings, but it is useful for any iPhone owner to know about such a possibility.
In the settings of Apple smartphones, there are two types of screens: Lock and Home. The first one displays notifications, and the second one, like on a computer desktop, contains application icons. The iPhone 4 has 16 of them, not counting the Dock. Screens of iPhone 5 and more advanced 5SE by increasing the diagonal can accommodate 20 icons.
In all subsequent models. 6, 7, 8, X, including the Plus versions. their number has increased to 24. After the home screen is full, a new one opens. In order not to produce endless desktops, programs can be collected and grouped into folders. The most commonly used and easiest way to uninstall is to use the home screen.
- Select the unnecessary and click on the application icon while holding your finger. No effort is needed. Pressing force should not exceed the required pressure to open the application, so as not to activate 3D Touch. If everything is done correctly, the icons will start to “dance” in their places. All those available for deletion will have a cross in the corner at the same time.
- For example, let’s remove the map service Maps.me. Clicking on the cross will bring up a pop-up menu. Using the marked virtual button, we completely remove the application. At the same time, the system will independently update the data cache, erasing unnecessary.
This does not turn off the delete mode. The icons will continue their “dance” until the user clicks on the “Home” button or block.
How to recover a deleted app:
In order to restore an application that was deleted from the iPhone, you need to go to the App Store, search for its name and re-download.
If the application was paid, then if you logged in under the same account under which you bought it, then you will not have to pay again, and you can simply download the remote application on the iPhone, and then install.
Tip: in case you have deleted many applications, and then want to return them, but do not remember which ones were, then you can see the full list of purchased applications as follows:
Go to the AppStore. Go to the “Updates” tab and click “Purchases”.
How to uninstall the stock app in iOS 10 (pre-installed):
When you first turned on your iPhone, you probably noticed a large number of Apple apps already installed. Before the release of iOS 10, it was impossible to delete preinstalled programs, but in the 10th version of the system, such an opportunity finally appeared and you can delete almost all unnecessary and unused standard applications.
To remove a standard app from iPhone, you need to:
Find the shortcut of the program you want to uninstall.
Press the shortcut and hold until it starts to “shake”
Click on the “X” in the upper left of the shortcut
Confirm the deletion by clicking the “Delete” button.
Not all standard apps can be removed from the iPhone. Below in the table you will see which programs can and cannot be removed:
|ITunes Store||Safari browser|
It is worth noting that you cannot completely remove standard applications and permanently. In fact, only their shortcut is removed from the desktop, and the program itself remains in the device’s memory.
How to uninstall multiple applications at once:
If you want to uninstall several applications at once, which are located on different screens or in different folders, then there is a faster way than uninstalling them one by one. In addition, this method allows you to see how much memory space is occupied by a particular application.
Go to the “Settings” section. “Basic”. “Statistics” (for iOS7 and below) or
“Settings”. “General”. “Storing and using iCloud” (for iOS8 and above)
Open the “Storage” section. In it you will see a list of applications installed on the iPhone, sorted by their size.
Click on the arrow next to the application that you are going to uninstall and in the window that appears, click “Uninstall a program”
Try again for all programs you want to uninstall.
How to remove app backups from iCloud:
If you have a lot of apps and games installed, your iCloud storage space will decrease very quickly. This is due to the fact that the data of all applications is synchronized with the cloud storage by default and over time, a lot of unnecessary and outdated information will accumulate there.
In addition, storing data in the cloud poses a security risk. if an attacker takes over your account, he will gain access to your information from any device. In this regard, we recommend that you delete your backups from iCloud. At least some applications.
Open “Settings” and select “iCloud”
Scroll down and click on “Storage”
Now you can see how much space is taken up in your iPhone by the data of this or that application. For example, mail:
Go back and turn off the sync of the desired app by sliding the slider to the left. In this case, the system will offer to delete the accumulated data from the backup.
How to uninstall the app:
Removing unnecessary apps from iPhone is very easy when it comes to third-party apps downloaded and installed on your phone via the Appstore or iTunes. To remove them, do the following:
Find the shortcut of the app you want to uninstall
Press and hold the shortcut until it starts to “shake” (iPhone goes into edit mode)
Tap the “X” icon at the top left of the shortcut
Press the Home button to exit edit mode.
If you want to uninstall a frozen app, you will first need to get your phone back to normal working state. You can read about how to do this in our instructions: “What to do if the iPhone is frozen”.
How to uninstall and restore apps on iPhone
After reading this article, you will learn how to delete downloaded and stock apps on iPhone, how to restore them, and also how to delete app data from iCloud backup.
How to get back standard deleted apps:
We hope our article helped you uninstall and restore apps on iPhone. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comments, and also join the discussion of this article in our group.