Reset password via Recovery
Another option is to hard reset the device via the Recovery menu. On some devices it is available immediately after purchase, but in most cases you will need to ask Xiaomi for permission to unlock your bootloader. We will tell you more about this in a separate article.
A standard configuration reset is performed as follows:
- The device turns off.
- Clamped buttons: rocker to increase the sound volume and turn on.
- Now, if your bootloader is activated, the “Recovery” menu will open.
- In it, you need to select the “WipeReset” menu, and then click “Wipe all data”, which will lead to a complete reset of the configurations and data on the smartphone.
- After restarting the device, the screen lock will be removed without any protection and the phone will be set up as new.
As a last resort, if the owner’s smartphone is annoying with other problems, you can flash the device through Mi Flash, whereby the password will be reset, but this is a separate topic that requires individual disclosure, because installing new firmware is much more difficult than resetting device configuration.
Errors and crashes that sometimes occur when unlocking
It is worth saying that most often errors can appear due to the Mi online service. In this case, try to access the site after a while.
Consider what mistakes Xiaomi smartphone users have:
Sometimes the process of unlocking the device freezes. The developer’s site is to blame for this. You just have to wait a while and try to unlock the bootloader again. Repeat the process several times;
Sometimes users do not see the buttons for submitting an application. This may be due to problems on the site or with the user’s browser. It is necessary to turn off pop-up blocking in the settings and try again, try also to clear the browser from history and cache and restart it;
Some people can’t sign in to their Mi account
To enter with your data, check their correctness, pay attention to the keyboard layout when entering;
Many users do not receive SMS notifications about the result of the application review. This is due to the limited ability of the Chinese company to provide stable sending of notifications.
Try to change your phone number or check the information yourself in the personal account of the website.
Reset via phone search service
This method is only suitable for those who have linked their device to Google accounts. The essence of the method is as follows:
- log in to another smartphone running Android OS using your Google account. you just need to enter your password and login in the settings;
- then go to Google Play and download the “Find My Device” application from there;
a map and a mark where the device is located will open before your eyes. You need to go to the tab with linked smartphones.
Select your smartphone and click on “Erase” to reset the settings remotely. Then you can use the device without any unlocks.
There are a few things to keep in mind before proceeding with the steps above:
- your device must be charged at least up to 70-80%, because if the battery is not capacious, then during the reset the gadget may turn off and stop working altogether;
- remove the SIM-cards and memory card before all actions;
- do not press anything in the Recovery menu unnecessarily.
Unlock without phone
Many users who own Redmi phones are wondering how to unlock a Xiaomi phone if they have forgotten their Mi account password and there is no access to their mobile number. Such situations occur if you changed your SIM card for one reason or another or purchased a handset with a password already set.
XIAOMI MI ACCOUNT BYPASS | REMOVE MI ACCOUNT ON ALL DEVICES
Unlock bootloader Xiaomi Redmi 9
First part: permission to unlock the bootloader
- After you click on the button, the browser will take you to a page where you will need to log in through your personal mi-account. Enter your username, password and enter it.
- If your account already has permission to unlock the bootloader, you will find yourself on the download page of the MiFlash Unlock utility. If so, skip to the second part of this manual.
- No rights? No problem. You will be taken to the unlock request page. The system will require you to correctly fill out the proposed form in English.
- After filling out, agree to the terms and conditions and click on the green button to continue.
- You will be sent a confirmation code in an SMS message, enter it in the appropriate field.
Resetting a forgotten PIN using third-party applications
A forgotten pattern or pin will help Recovery TWRP to unlock. The program is downloaded from the official developer page. The software helps to reset the phone to factory settings and edit sections:
- Install the application on the computer.
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via a cord. The autoloader does not always work, so we recommend manually launching the program.
- In the software window, select the “Reset pin code” menu.
- The device is rebooted.
The software interface is in English, but intuitive. If the knowledge is not enough, then the Google translator is opened in the second window. To prevent the loss of data from the memory card and SIM card during the experiments, we advise you to remove the drive from the device. The Dr.fone toolkit application works in a similar way:
- The software is downloaded from the developer’s page.
- Install software on a computer.
- Run the program.
- The smartphone is connected to the PC with a USB cable.
- The text “Unlock” appears on the screen, the inscription is activated.
- The device goes into recovery mode.
- After data recovery is complete, the device reboots without prompting for a password.
Unlock Mi Account
Consider the simplest option, when you know your mobile number or email and you can request a password reset to access the system through the company’s website.
The process includes the following steps:
If the procedure was followed correctly according to the instructions, you can unblock your account by entering the ID code and a new password to access the system.
Option 4. Registration via settings
This feature appeared in recent versions of miui (8,9). You need to go to the settings and select the item “Mi account”.
In this case, you will need to enter your mail and come up with a password, then you will need to enter a captcha and after that a letter will be sent to the mail with a link to activate your account.
Then you have two ways (1 option is popular):
Then, on the login page, click “Other methods” and select the entrance via mail, enter the address with a password and select “Login”.
Next, you need to give your account access to various phone services.
How to Remove Mi Account | Bypass Any Xiaomi Device | Remove Blocked Redmi MI Account All EMUI11
Congratulations, you have successfully registered an account and signed in.
Re-flashing the device
Another effective way to unlink an old account is to flash the device. This operation should not be confused with updating the operating system. If you just update MIUI, then the previous account will remain safe and sound. And after flashing, the user needs to re-authorize for his Mi-account.
Reflashing is performed using a special file. It must be loaded into the memory of a Xiaomi smartphone using the company’s official resource. It is required to go to the miui website and select the firmware for your mobile device.
After downloading the distribution, there are only a few simple steps left to do:
- Open phone settings.
- Go to the “About phone” section, and then. “System update”.
- Press the button with three dots.
- Click on “Select firmware file”.
- Indicate the file that was downloaded from the official MIUI resource.
- Wait for the completion of the operation.
The flashing may take 3-5 minutes. In the process, the smartphone will reboot, and when you turn it on again, the system will require you to re-enter your account information. Thus, a person will be able to get rid of the Mi-account without knowing the username and password.
Unlinking a gadget and deleting an account
If the user still has access to the Mi-account, then unlinking the mobile device Redmi Note 3, 4 and any others is a matter of several minutes. But if there is no access to the account, then the process of unlinking the phone to the account becomes rather complicated.
If resetting the device to factory settings did not help, there is another way. flashing the mobile device, which you can do yourself or entrust the service center specialists.
To independently perform such an operation, you need to have the appropriate skills, otherwise there is a risk of not getting the desired effect or ruining your gadget.
But you need to remember that in some cases, even deleting all user data and flashing the smartphone does not give the desired effect. when you connect the phone to the Internet, you need to enter the password from the Mi account.
To ensure a positive result, the firmware is carried out using special utilities. For smartphones with a Snapdragon processor, Fastboot or Miflash applications will be the best choice, if the gadget is based on MTK, Flashtool will do. But even using them does not give a 100% guarantee of unlinking the account. if you carry out an operation with the Internet turned off, then the result is likely to be positive, when it is turned on. the chances are 50 to 50.
How to unblock Mi-account on Xiaomi
Of course, a computer and a browser are optional to register a Xiaomi account. You can register a Mi account when you first turn on any manufacturer’s device, as well as those devices of other brands, in which the custom MIUI firmware was installed. Each new user receives a corresponding invitation during the initial setup of the device.
If this opportunity has not been used, you can call the screen with the function of creating and adding a Mi account by following the path “Settings”. section “Accounts”. “Mi account“.
As in the case of registration through the website, the procedure for creating a Mi Account using the built-in MIUI tools and a mailbox is very fast, in just three steps.
As in the previous method, to register an account, you will need a screen displayed at one of the steps of initially setting up a device running MIUI at the first start or called along the path “Settings”. section “Accounts”. “Mi account”.
Press the button “Account registration”. In the opened list of “Other methods of registration” select from which phone number the account will be created. This can be a number from one of the SIM cards installed in the device. the buttons “Use SIM 1”, “Use SIM 2”. To use a number different from the one set in the device, press the button “Use an alternative number”.
We enter the verification code from the received SMS and add the desired password to access the service in the future.
After clicking on the “Finish” button, Mi Account will be registered. It remains only to define the settings and personalize it if desired.
Under the fields of the registration form, click “Create using a phone number”.
In the first field (Country / Region), indicate the state in which you live.
Enter the international code of your country, for example, Russia (7), Ukraine (380).
An SMS with a code will be sent to the specified phone. Enter it in the form that opens.
Upon completion of verification, a page with a smiley appears. Click on it “Sign in” to enter your account.