Shutting down iPhone through settings with iOS version 11 and above
Starting with iOS 11, iPhone and iPad users have an alternative option to turn off their devices.
How to turn off iPhone without lock button from Settings on iPhone or iPad running iOS 11:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone / iPad running iOS 11 or later.
- Click on “General” and scroll to the end.
- Click on the shutdown shortcut.
- Shutdown mode appears. Swipe your finger from left to right to turn off your iOS device. Or click “Cancel” if you change your mind.
How to turn on an iPhone without a lock button using a computer or other power source (wall outlet, car cigarette lighter, etc.)
The easiest way to do this. connect your device to a power source using the charging cable. Let’s take a step-by-step how to turn on iPhone without the lock button:
- Connect iPhone to computer or charger using Lightning cable.
- Wait until iPhone turns on.
- As soon as this process occurs, the “sliding” panel will light up on the screen. Swipe your finger across the screen to unlock your device. and your device is ready to go.
How to use Assistive Touch on your device
Let’s take a look at the features listed in AssistiveTouch:
- Volume up and volume down: These two buttons are located at the top of the auxiliary touch menu. To prevent the volume buttons from wearing out too quickly, the user can use AssistiveTouch instead.
- Apparatus. Features such as screen rotation, volume control, screen rotation, display lock, device power off, etc. are located inside the “Machine” option on the sub touch panel.
- Notification center. To open the Action Center, in addition to the usual swipe from top to bottom, you can use the Action Center button in the AssistiveTouch window.
- Home: Used instead of pressing the physical Home button. This button takes you to the home screen from any application.
- Control Center: Opens the Control Center. The user does not need to “swipe” from the bottom up to open the control center.
- Mute / Unmute: If you use this feature, you don’t need to use the physical mute / unmute switch on your iPhone or iPad.
- Siri: activates the voice assistant without using voice control.
- Custom: to add custom functions.
Tap the AssistiveTouch icon to turn off your device. The “Apparatus” option will now appear. Swipe your finger across the screen and then press and hold Screen Lock. Then you will be redirected to the “Shutdown” mode. Swipe the screen to turn off the device.
How to turn off iPhone without a lock button with iOS version 10 and below
If you need to turn off your iPhone without the power button, Assistive Touch can help you.
Using Assistive Touch on iPhone and iPad is as easy as using the physical buttons on your device. Here’s how to activate Assistive Touch on an iPhone or iPad running iOS 10:
- Find the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find the “General” section, which should be in the third section at the top of the list of settings.
- Inside the “General” section, find the item “Accessibility” and click on it. Scroll down and find AssistiveTouch.
- Slide the switch next to AssistiveTouch to the ON position to turn it on. A floating auxiliary touch button should appear on the screen.
How to turn on iPhone without a lock button, turn it off or restart it
In this article, we will figure out how to turn on the iPhone if the lock button does not work.
A small drop of water or any other object can damage iPhone, especially its physical buttons (lock, volume up / down, home button). If your iPhone’s power button (also known as the lock button) is broken and you don’t know how to turn on your iPhone without the lock button, or at least how to lock the screen, then we inform you: you have such an option. It will help if you do not have the time and ability to quickly repair your device.
If you are faced with such a problem, from our article you can learn how to turn on “iPhone-4″ without the lock button. Also, all of the above material is applicable for iPhone X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6S, SE, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPod Touch and all iPad models.
We will not only show you how to turn on your iPhone without the lock button. You will also learn how to turn off or restart your device without using the power button.
Reboot by resetting network settings
Using any of the basic reset settings on your iPhone or iPad will restart your device. But since you’re just going to reboot your device and not erase all data, resetting your network settings will have the least devastating effect. This method will delete saved Wi-Fi passwords and data on paired Bluetooth devices, but eventually your device will reboot.
To reboot the device, follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to “General” → “Reset”.
- Click on the blue “Reset Network Settings” button.
- Enter your password if prompted, then click Finish.
- Click on the red network settings reset button.
Your iPhone’s network settings will be restored to factory settings, and immediately after that your device will restart.
iPhone 12: How to Turn Off or Restart (4 Ways)
How to turn off iPhone if the shutdown button does not work
Turning off your iPhone is a common procedure and you rarely have any problems with it if the device is working properly. In order to turn off a working iPhone, just press the Shutdown button, hold it for a few seconds and then swipe to the right on the Shutdown button. But, if the iPhone is not working properly, then some difficulties may arise with this simple procedure.
In this article, we will show you how to turn off your iPhone if the shutdown button or touchscreen is not working. The article will be relevant for all versions of iPhone, including iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, se, 6, 6s and 7.
How to turn off iPhone without a button
If the shutdown button on your iPhone does not work, but you need to turn it off somehow, then you can use a function called “AssistiveTouch”. To enable this function, you first need to go to the iPhone settings and open the “General” section there.
After that, you need to open the subsection “Universal Access”.
After turning on “AssistiveTouch”, a floating semi-transparent round button will appear on the screen of your iPhone. This button will allow you to use the touchscreen to perform many actions that previously required pressing hardware buttons on the case. For example, using this button you can turn off your iPhone, even if you cannot press the hardware Shutdown button. To do this, you must first press the floating button on the screen, and then select “Apparatus” in the menu that appears.
After that, a menu will appear for controlling the hardware buttons using the screen. If the shutdown button does not work for you and you want to turn off your iPhone, then here you need to press the “Screen Lock” button and hold your finger on the button until the screen prompts you to turn off the device.
After that, you can turn off the iPhone in the same way as after pressing the Shutdown button, that is, by swiping to the right on the Shutdown button. It should be noted that it is quite easy to turn off the iPhone using the “AssistiveTouch” function, but later you may encounter problems when turning on the device. After all, if your Power button does not work, then you cannot just press it and turn on the smartphone. Fortunately, there is a way out of this situation. In order to turn on the iPhone without using the button, you can simply put it on charge or connect to a computer, and it will turn on automatically.
How to turn off iPhone if the touch screen is not working
In addition, we will consider another similar problem, namely, the failure of the touch screen. After all, if your iPhone has a touchscreen failure, then you will also have problems turning it off. Without a working touch screen, you will not be able to swipe to the right on the shutdown button, which means that the standard way to turn off the iPhone will not work.
In order to get out of this situation and still turn off the iPhone without a touch screen, you can use the procedure for forced reboot of the device. This is done like this:
- Press and hold the Power button and Home button at the same time until the iPhone screen turns off. For iPhone version 7, instead of the “Home” button, you need to use the volume down button.
- After the screen goes out, immediately release the buttons.
- If you release the buttons in time, the iPhone will turn off, but if you hold them a little more than necessary, then instead of turning off you just restart the device.
It should be noted that the procedure to force restart the iPhone should not be used too often. Since using it there is a risk of damaging the smartphone’s memory.
How to force shutdown iPhone 7
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to have to reboot different iPhone models, including the 7 or 7 Plus version. The method using the Home button will also not work in this case, because in this version Apple also changed the physical button under the screen to a touch button, which can also freeze. What to do in such a case?
It is proposed to carry out the following actions:
- Hold down the power on / off button, which is on the right.
- Without releasing, press the volume down button located on the left.
- It is necessary to keep the keys pressed until the apple icon appears on the screen.
This combination is quite simple, the main thing is to perform all actions sequentially.
How to turn off iPhone XR or XS. instructions
Often, iPhone users have a problem. they can’t turn it off, they just don’t know how to do it. The fact is that in the new versions. XS / XR. a completely different device, a standard reboot will not help in this case. Frameless iPhones are distinguished by a modified interface, which often becomes a problem for the user. They lack buttons, and standard combinations do not work, Siri is also useless. The question naturally arises, how to turn off the iPhone XR.
How to Force Restart iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, or iPhone SE
Older iPhones (6s, 6s Plus, or SE) may also require a reboot. This may be necessary in the event of a software update or some errors.
In order to turn off and turn on the phone, you need to do the following:
- You need to press the power button (located on the sides of the device or on top of the iPad) and hold it for a few seconds.
- The screen will display: “Slide to Power Off”.
- After performing this action, the smartphone will turn off.
- To turn on the device, you need to press this key again.
- The machine may ask you to enter a password even if you have only used your fingerprint before.
It is recommended to take your time and carry out all the actions sequentially in order to get the desired result.
Force restarting iPhones of this model is a simple process:
- Hold down the home key (there is one on the front panel) and the power off key at the same time.
- Do not release the buttons until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After that, press the keys and let the device restart.
- Enter a password, even if previously identified with a fingerprint.
Such a shutdown helps to cope with many problems when the device stops responding to any action. If all the steps are performed correctly, the iPhone should be restored.
How to put iPhone XS and XR into Recovery Mode
Recovery mode means recovery. Sometimes the user may need it too, so it is worth knowing how to correctly enter the phone into this state. The procedure includes the following steps:
- ITunes is installed on the computer. It is important to select the latest version of this software.
- Connect iPhone (iPad) XS or XR to a computer using a cable, open iTunes.
- Press the volume up button and release.
- Repeat the action with the volume down key.
- Press and hold the Power button while the restart is in progress. Release after the iTunes connection screen appears.
- Then you will be prompted to update or restore the device.
If using a computer, you need the iTunes app
To turn off Recovery Mode, you need to hold down the Power button until the iTunes Connect screen disappears. It is important to perform all actions quickly and follow the necessary sequence.
How to force shutdown or restart iPhone X, XS, XR
In some situations, it may be necessary to force or urgently restart and turn off the iPhone (iPad, iPod). Most often, this is necessary when the device freezes for any reason and does not want to work normally.
There are two options for restarting a smartphone. soft and hard. In fact, they are one and the same, however, there are several nuances that you should pay attention to:
- A soft reset is possible if the device continues to respond to pressing. The action is applicable when updating the software, to clear memory and to shutdown background applications.
- A hard reset is required when the device does not respond to anything and freezes. iPhone has to be forcibly turned off and then on.
To restart the device if the application crashes or the headset does not connect, you must do the following:
- Press and immediately release the volume up button.
- Repeat similar actions with the volume down button.
- Next, you need to press the power button and hold it in this position for a while, until the product reboots.
Attention! The described actions must be carried out quickly, without long interruptions.
The shutdown circuit is quite simple, but requires adherence to the sequence
You can also restart your iPhone using the previous method. turn it off and then turn it on again. Such actions will help to reset errors and restore the operation of the iPhone.
To restart iPhone 11 (max pro 11) or other versions, you can also create a virtual restart button. To do this, carry out the following actions:
- Go to Settings. Accessibility. Touch. AssistiveTouch.
- In this menu, you need to activate the main switch.
- After that, the Restart button is added to the iPhone 11 or Pro Max 11 menu.
If desired, the button can be added manually to the Top Level Menu. If you need to reboot, you just need to select a key and confirm your action. This method will help in the event that the menu and sensor are still active, and not stuck together with the device.
You just need to swipe on the command that appears on the display
How to turn off iPhone 10? You can turn off iPhone X by using the Power and volume up buttons. You need to hold them down at the same time, the shutdown menu will appear on the screen.
How to turn off iPhone XS / XR
On new models, starting with the iPhone X, three keys are installed. the volume (increase, decrease), as well as the power key on the right side. With the help of these buttons it is possible to turn off and on the device.
To turn off your iPhone, you need to do the following:
- Press and hold the side power button and any of the volume buttons. As a result of the manipulation, a dialog box will appear on the display.
- At the top of the screen, you need to swipe to the right, which will force the smartphone to turn off.
There are several ways to turn off the apple device
How to turn on iPhone XR after all the steps? For iPhone XC or XP to start turning on, you need to press the power button once.
Disconnection by buttons
To turn off iPhone X, you need to simultaneously hold down the shutdown button with one of the volume buttons. This “” or “-” has no special meaning. Hold the press for 3-4 seconds. A slider will appear, which must be swiped to the right. The device will fall asleep immediately.
Disconnect via Assistive Touch
If the keys do not work, the smartphone turns off via the sensor.
To do this, go to “Settings”. “General”. “Universal Access”. activate “Assistive Touch”. click on the button in the lower right corner. select “device” in the additional menu. click “LockScreen”. A slider will appear, after swiping, the smartphone will turn off.
You can turn off your iPhone 6 through the settings menu. In the “Main” window there will be an inscription: “Turn off”. By clicking on it, the user will see a slider, after activating which, the phone will turn off and fall asleep.
How to turn off iPhone 7
You can turn off the iPhone 7 differently from the 5 and 6 models. Now the “Home” button has become touch-sensitive, now an emergency shutdown is impossible. Let’s consider how else to reboot or turn off the device.
How to turn off iPhone 11
Holding down the power key on iPhone 11 activates the voice assistant. Consider the current ways to disable.
In the “Settings” menu go to the “General” section. Scroll the menu to the very bottom and find the inscription: “Turn off”. Smartphone turns off after 2-3 seconds.
With 2 buttons
“Power” is still on the right side panel. To turn off the device using the keys, you now need to clamp the volume down. It’s on the left side panel. After pressing simultaneously for 5-6 seconds, a black screen will appear, followed by the brand logo. The smartphone will restart.
How to force shutdown iPhone
After buying a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro, many users are wondering how to turn off or restart this smartphone. This information will be especially relevant for those who purchase an Apple smartphone for the first time or switch from an iPhone 8 or older devices.
The methods for rebooting and shutting down these models are slightly different.
Thank you re: Store for helpful information.
How to completely restart iPhone if sensor is not responding? To do this, simultaneously hold down “Home” and the off key for 5-7 seconds. The display goes out. Then release the mechanical control. When the logo of the manufacturer’s company (apple) appears on the screen, shortly press “Power”. The phone should start working normally. Please be aware that the last option is to force restart iPhone 5, which can lead to software glitch. Use this procedure only in the most extreme cases.
How To Fix STUCK AT APPLE LOGO ENDLESS REBOOT Trick iOS 12 iPhone, iPod & iPad
Sometimes disassembling the case helps to bring the smartphone back to life. This can be done with a screwdriver, which should unscrew the fastening bolts at the bottom of the mobile phone. The target is the battery that needs to be removed and then reinserted. This method is suitable for phones that have already expired the warranty period. If the warranty is still valid, you cannot open the case yourself.
How to restart iPhone 5
After purchasing the long-awaited device, the owners enjoy the opportunity to work on a smart device for a long time, using multiple applications and programs at the same time. But nothing is perfect, so when the moment comes that the phone cannot cope with numerous commands, the user starts to panic. Do not despair and look for the nearest service center to ask how to force restart your iPhone. Try to solve the problem yourself in several ways.
How to use Assistive Touch
This function can be used not only by phone owners who are interested in how to restart the iPhone 5 without mechanical control, but also by people with disabilities. If it is difficult for a person to use mechanics or standard gestures, but it is more convenient to press in a certain place on the screen, he can activate Assistive Touch:
- go to the options “Settings”. “General”. “Universal access”;
- activate “Assistive Touch” by moving the slider to the “Enable” position;
- click the software option that appears;
- select the “Device” function, go to the control of the keys;
- in the menu, press and hold the “Screen lock” item;
- by analogy with a simple restart, move the “Shutdown” button to the right;
- if the device requires a password, enter it;
- to turn on a smartphone with a faulty lock, you need to connect it with a USB cable to the computer.
If the device has been in operation for more than one year, the iPhone was often repaired, its parts were changed, then the iPhone does not turn on after the update due to “smart” automatic diagnostics.
This system is built into the new firmware to restrict users of “apple” products, so that analogs of lower cost components are not installed on the iPhone.
When updating the OS, the serial number of the microcircuit tied to the “motherboard” is checked. If the spare part is not original, the smartphone will turn off.
Why won’t iPhone 5s turn on after updating? Starting with version 5 devices, the fingerprint scanner has an identification number that is tied to a unique processor identifier. If you replace it, and the phone is not reflashed, it will not turn on.
An OS bug, due to which it is impossible to turn on the device, is not always associated with an updated firmware. Sometimes another chip is damaged that previously functioned normally.
A list of other reasons due to which the gadget does not work:
- Battery discharged.
- The device is overcooled.
- The “save” mode is on.
- System memory chip not working.
- In the location where the user is located, for some unknown reason, the phone is not tied to the system provider.
- The OS crashed because a factory reset was in progress or otherwise.
- iPhone 5 after updating does not turn on due to breakage of the on / off button.
If the cause of the malfunction is simple, the user will be able to restore the operation of the device on his own. But it is better to trust the employees of the service center, especially if the smartphone is under warranty service.
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating
If you have a question about what to do if the iPhone does not turn on after updating, you should investigate the reasons that caused this problem.
How to turn on iPhone after update? A hard restart is required. In half of the cases, this manipulation will help “revive” SE or another model. The user needs to simultaneously hold 2 buttons: console and side, which includes the gadget. We wait 3-5 seconds.
Charging the battery correctly
What to do if iPhone won’t turn on after updating? If the charge is at zero, then the gadget needs to be recharged for at least 1 hour. Also worth doing if iPhone X won’t turn on.
In cold weather, the battery will drain quickly. In this case, the phone needs to warm up to room temperature, then it is charged. If this condition is not met and a cold smartphone is charged, the temperature difference will lead to the formation of condensation, a short circuit will occur, and the gadget will stop functioning.
If charging did not help, iPhone 6 does not turn on after the update, a hard restart will help.
Recovery using Apple branded software
If the previous methods did not help and the iPhone 6s does not turn on after the update, it is recommended to follow the procedure:
- The outdated iTunes software from your PC is removed and reinstalled. We find it on the official website of the developer. There is a high probability of damage to the old version of the program by viruses, so it does not function properly.
- We connect the device to a PC to synchronize it with iTunes when the gadget is operating in Device Firmware Update mode.
- If iOS version 10 was installed, it is better to try version 9 as it works more stable. A return to the previous system is necessary if the phone cannot be rebooted on an updated iOS.
- We connect the smartphone to the PC, wait for the moment when iTunes is activated.
- The power button and “Home” are clamped and held until a window appears prompting you to restore and reset the software.
- We select the recovery mode, we wait until the procedure is over.
It is recommended to back up all the information on the phone, because after the upgrade, the system sometimes crashes, the firmware flies, the OS needs to be reinstalled, and all data will be deleted.