How to boot iPhone if everything works
There are not so many buttons on the body of the phone, and you can achieve activation by simply pressing everything. However, it would be more correct to pay attention to the key located on the top (in all the latest iPhone models. on the side) of the device. As I said, just press and hold it. All! The screen lights up and you can start using. If this did not happen, then there may be several reasons. details here.
Is it easy to turn iPhone on and off? Not always!
Greetings! I already foresee a dumb question that froze in your eyes. what kind of nonsense? We already know perfectly well how to turn the iPhone on and off, what is there to paint? All in all, it’s just a matter of pressing one button! I completely agree with you, the process of loading the device is simple to disgrace, problems can arise only during the first activation, but even those can be solved easily thanks to the appropriate instructions.
On the other hand, what if the Power button doesn’t work? Or has the sensor failed? Or all at once?!
Here the problem of turning on (turning off) appears in a different form, however, it can be solved. How? But now we’ll figure it out! But let’s start with the simplest situation, when you just got your hands on a new gadget and don’t understand what to do with it 🙂
How to turn off iPhone if the Power button doesn’t work?
Without a button, things are already more complicated, but nothing is impossible!
Updated! With the arrival of iOS 11 in the settings (Settings. General and scroll to the bottom of the screen) there is a new “Turn off” item. we can safely use and turn off the iPhone without the Power button!
There are these additional options:
- For very patient. we wait until the battery runs out.
- AssistiveTouch will help us out. An amazingly useful thing. in this article it helped us record video from the screen, but now with the help of it we can easily turn off the iPhone with a broken button. We go to the settings. the main ones. we go to universal access and at the end of the list we find AssistiveTouch. Move the slider. A white circle appears on the screen. Click on it, select the device. then we see the screen lock. A long press will trigger the device to turn off.
How to turn on iPhone when the power button does not work?
There shouldn’t be any problems here, the only thing that will be needed is an outlet and a charger.
When charging is connected, the iPhone will turn on automatically!
True, sometimes you have to wait a while. After all, there is a high probability that the battery is completely and completely empty. If the charge still does not “go”, then read here. Plus, try to change the wire, mains charger, socket in the end! Suddenly the fault is in them?
Of course, the options considered are just a temporary way out of this situation. If the power button refused to work, the best way is to contact the service center for help (do not forget to use iCloud or iTunes to create a backup). Best of all in one of those that are listed on the Apple website as authorized by the company.
Possible consequences of rebooting without using a sensor
The “hard reboot” procedure is marked in the instructions as a last resort for cases when other, more secure, ways to turn off or restore the smartphone to work do not help. In fact, if you do not abuse the “Hard Reset” and do not use this method all the time, then there will be no negative consequences for the smartphone. However, with frequent use, there is a possibility of losing information that is stored in the smartphone’s memory. Hard reboots can crash or completely damage the iPhone memory module. The number of hard reboots and module failure are not directly related, but the probability increases over time. Thus, do not neglect regular data backups to iCloud and try to use “Hard Reset” as little as possible.
How to turn off iPhone if the screen is not working
If the touch screen stops responding to touches, this is not a reason to rush to the workshop. just try restarting your smartphone first. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in this article.
The first thing that is advised to do in case of any malfunction or freeze of the smartphone is to restart the device. However, the non-functional touchscreen makes the standard reboot procedure impossible. Below is a detailed description of how to turn off your iPhone if it freezes and the sensor does not work.
How to restart iPhone if the screen is not responding to touches
In a standard situation, to reboot after pressing the lock button, you need to confirm the action by swiping your finger across the screen. But you can reboot your smartphone even if the sensor does not respond. This procedure is called “Hard Reset” or “Hard Reset”. To do this, you must simultaneously press the lock and “Home” buttons on the phone. You need to hold them for a few seconds (about 10) until the screen turns off and the Apple logo appears on the display. This means that the smartphone has rebooted.
How to turn off iPhone if sensor is not working
When a reboot is not needed and you only need to turn off the smartphone, the algorithm of actions changes somewhat. The shutdown procedure is similar to the one discussed, only you need to hold down the lock and “Home” buttons for 4-5 seconds until the screen turns off and then immediately release it, without waiting for the logo to appear. In this case, the phone will not be switched on again (rebooted). To restart the smartphone after a hard shutdown, standard actions will be required. hold the power button for two to three seconds.
Unstable operation or complete failure of the touch screen is often associated with the following reasons:
- Mechanical impact (due to impact or falling of the phone).
- Ingress of moisture into the case (moisture protection for Apple smartphones does not guarantee complete impermeability).
- Overheating of the smartphone.
- IOS software crash or freeze.
- Poor quality protective glass or bumper.
And if it is better to contact a service center with mechanical problems, then in other cases it is worth trying to restart the iPhone. In the overwhelming majority of cases, this will be enough to restore performance. How to turn off the iPhone if the screen does not work, we will tell you in the following sections.
If all else fails
If the described methods did not work or you do not want to perform a hard reboot, then try other options. “Hard Reset” is a quick and easy way, but not the only one. Two more methods on how to turn off the iPhone if the sensor does not work are described below.
The safest option would be banal waiting for the battery to drain. The iPhone will turn itself off and to turn it on again, you just need to connect the charger to it. This method is the safest for the phone and does not create additional risks.
Another fairly harmless and uncomplicated option would be to restore your smartphone through the iTunes media service. You will need a computer with the installed program and Internet access. Connect iPhone with original USB cable to PC and wait for iTunes to find and detect your device. If the identification stage has passed successfully, find the “Restore iPhone” button on the “Overview” tab and confirm the action.
In the process of updating and restoring factory settings, the program will automatically restart the phone. This iTunes function will delete all media files and other data from the device while it is running. Therefore, before starting the recovery, be sure to make a backup and save it to iCloud.
Video instruction to hard reset iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”, “General”, then to “Accessibility”.
- Activate the “Bold” button.
- Next, the phone will offer to reboot, it must be done.
Hard reboot device
IPhone users can observe a complete freeze of the gadget, when neither pressing the buttons nor touching the screen gives a result. How to restart iPhone if the screen is frozen and not working:
- On iPhone 4/5/6/7, you need to hold down two buttons at once. Home and Power.
- Some smartphone models respond to a different key combination. Power and the volume down button.
- Hold them for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the keys and wait for the “apple” on the screen.
- If the logo does not appear, repeat all the steps again, hold the keys for 20-30 seconds.
- To turn on the gadget, you need to hold down the power button for a long time.
This method forcibly shuts down the device, so some files may be lost. You should resort to hard reboot only if there are no other options.
Reset network settings
- To turn off the device in a few seconds, you need to go to “Settings”.
- In the “General” select the function of resetting network settings.
- Next, enter the lock password and restart the phone.
How to turn off iPhone if it is frozen and the screen is not working
The article discusses in detail the options for answering the question of how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. The described reboot methods are suitable for any model and version of the smartphone.
Sometimes Apple gadgets turn off spontaneously. This often happens with outdated models or in severe frost. The phone does not respond when the buttons are held down and the screen remains black.
A frightened user often asks how to turn off the iPhone if it freezes. Below is a list of effective ways to get your smartphone out of a frozen state.
Restart iPhone if the screen isn’t working, possibly without erasing all information from it. To do this, a soft reboot of the device is performed:
- Hold down the Home and Power buttons.
- Hold the buttons for 5-6 seconds until the display turns off.
- Without waiting for the Apple logo to appear on the screen, release the button.
- Include following the standard method.
Restart iPhone to Standard Mode
The standard way to restart iPhone if the screen doesn’t work:
- Press and hold the Power button in the upper part of the case for 2-3 seconds.
- The display will show “Switch off”.
- Swipe from left to right in the direction of the pointer.
- If everything is done correctly, the device will turn off.
- To return it to working condition, you must again hold down the Power button.
This method is safe for all files and applications downloaded to the phone.
Shutting down iPhone without buttons
There is a way to restart iPhone if the screen is not working without using a keyboard shortcut. To do this, you need to connect the Assistive Touch function:
- Find in the “Settings” tab “General”, “Accessibility”.
- Make a function active.
- Click on the display within the function.
- A menu will appear on the desktop, you must select the “Lock Screen” icon.
- The device will turn off after pressing the standard key combination.
- Turn on the gadget.
Non-standard ways to reboot the device
There are other, more original methods to restart the iPhone:
Unlocking via charging wire
If the sensor and keys are inactive, try shutting down your iPhone using the USB cable:
- Connect the device to the computer using the original cable.
- If the phone has “sat down”, wait until it is charged.
- When connected, the screen will immediately light up, then you can use the sensor.
Let’s sum up
Today we have learned how you can turn off the iPhone if the sensor or the lock button does not work. In the first case, you will need to activate the Assistive Touch function, and in the second, either wait until the charge on your gadget runs out, or resort to a forced restart of the phone. We hope you succeed. Tell us in the comments which method helped you.!
If the touchscreen does not work
Now let’s talk about the case if the sensor does not work. This is most often due to a hardware or software failure. You need to clarify the nature of this problem in order to correct it. After describing the method, we will tell you why. So, how to turn off your iPhone if the sensor is not working?
- Take the device in your hands and simultaneously hold down the lock button and the “Home” key. Keep them pressed until the smartphone screen turns off. If you are using the seventh iPhone. then instead of the Home button you will use the volume down key.
Hold down the lock button and the home key
- Then release them. Then the Apple logo should appear.
- After that, hold down the lock key for a couple of seconds to turn on the iPhone.
The described method is a way to force reboot the apple device. It is only used in cases where other methods are powerless. Therefore, it is not recommended to use it frequently. If your screen is broken, then take it urgently to a specialized service center, where you can have it replaced.
Another very simple and harmless way to turn off iPhone without a button is to simply wait. The question immediately arises in my head: what is the expectation? You just need to wait for your apple device to run out of charge and it turns off on its own. Then you don’t have to hard reset your smartphone, as described above.
How to turn off iPhone if it freezes
Sometimes it may happen that problems have arisen not only with the sensor, but also with the buttons. Let’s figure out how to turn off the iPhone if the screen and button are not working. Unfortunately, in such a situation, it remains only to completely discharge your device, and then connect it to charging.
Usually, both methods help bring the device back to life. If none of the above options helped you, we advise you to contact the service center.
Any equipment (and Apple iPhone is no exception) can malfunction. The easiest way to get your device back on line is to turn it off and on. However, what if the sensor stopped working on the iPhone??
How to turn off iPhone if one of the mechanical buttons doesn’t work?
Unfortunately, gadgets tend not only to freeze, but also break. Mechanical buttons are a particularly common breakdown in iPhones. Therefore, users are often faced with the question of how to turn on the iPhone 5S or any other, as well as turn it off or restart it if one of the buttons does not work. Well, we will tell you how to act in this situation too.
To turn off the iPhone without a button, the Assistive Touch option will help to activate it:
- Go to “Settings” iPhone, then “General”.
- We select the section “Universal access”.
- We are looking for the Assistive Touch item and enable the option.
And now, actually, how can you turn off the device using this function. You probably noticed that after activating Assistive Touch, a gray translucent square with a bright white circle inside appeared on your screen? Fine! Then:
- We tap on this square.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Apparatus” item, click on it.
- Now we do a long tap on the “Screen lock” item until the already familiar shutdown window appears.
- All that remains is to make a swipe and your device is turned off.
Well, it’s good how the iPhone should turn off if the Home or Power button does not work figured out, now how to turn it on.
It all depends on what is broken. If the Home button does not work, then we turn on the gadget in the standard way by pressing the Power key, but in the event that Power breaks down, you will have to use an exotic way. connect the iPhone to a PC with iTunes or a charger, and then it will automatically turn on.
If both buttons do not work for you, this is already a more serious problem. You won’t be able to unlock the screen, which means you won’t get to Assistive Touch. And you will have only one way to turn off your smartphone. to discharge it.
Well, as for the reboot, it will not work even with one broken button, and therefore, in order to return to the normal performance of the gadget, you will have, again, to discharge it “off the beaten path” and then turn it on.
How to turn on iPhone 5 / 5s and what to do if the screen does not work
None, even the most powerful and high-quality device, can work without periodic glitches. And yes, even Apple smartphones can “afford” freezing from time to time. But since this happens extremely rarely, users are often at a loss and do not know what to do to resume working with the device.
Although it is necessary to act here as usual. the equipment is frozen. restart, but how can you reset a smartphone that does not respond to any actions? Apple has provided everything! In this article, we are going to tell you how to turn off iPhone if it freezes.
If the lock button does not work
What should those people who do not have a button do to do? In this case, the method described above is completely inappropriate: if you hold down an inactive key for a long time, nothing will happen. Then we do the following:
- Go to the machine settings menu and click on the “Basic” tab.
- Scroll down a bit and find the item called “Universal Access”. Click on it.
- In the list that appears, we will need the AssistiveTouch setting, which is located in the physiology and motor skills block.
- Toggle the slider to the active position, which is marked in green, to enable AssistiveTouch.
- From now on, a new touch key will be available on your screen, when you press it, additional functions will open.
- Go to the main menu using the Home button. Now click on the AssistiveTouch button and select “Apparatus”.
- Next, in a new window, press and hold the “Screen Lock” button until the menu for shutdown appears (the second item of the previous block).
- With the swipe you already know, you can turn off your iPhone without the lock button. Done!
But then an involuntary question arises: how to turn on such a device? The button doesn’t work, and Assistive Touch doesn’t work when it is off! In fact, the solution is very simple: connect your device either to a charger or to iTunes on your computer or laptop. In this case, the gadget will turn on normally.
How to turn off iPhone if it freezes, or hard restart
How to forcibly turn off the iPhone if it freezes and does not respond to touching the sensor, the lock and Home buttons do not work? In this case, the method of “hard” restarting the iPhone will help you. For this:
- On iPhone 4 (4s), 5 (5s, c) and 6 (6s, 6s Plus), press the Power and Home buttons at the same time. In other words, you need to hold down the round Home button and the lock button at the top of the smartphone. For iPhone 7, in this case, the key combination is slightly different. you need to simultaneously hold down the lock and volume down keys “-“. The buttons must be held for about ten seconds, sometimes a little longer.
- When the device screen goes blank, release the buttons and wait for the Apple logo to appear on a black background. If this does not happen, then press the lock button and hold it for a short time.
- If your smartphone still hasn’t restarted, try again. You probably didn’t hold the buttons for long enough. Again, you need to hold the keys pressed for at least ten seconds.
- The last point is how to turn on the iPhone. To do this, briefly press the lock button and wait until the display shows the company logo on a white background.
This method is practically trouble-free if you are suddenly faced with the problem of turning off your mobile device. But it is worth remembering that this method forces the phone to completely reboot in forced mode, interrupting all processes and programs. That is why it is recommended to use it only in situations where other methods do not work.
Once enabled, the iPhone’s multitasking bar will not contain any programs. The processes of connecting to the cellular and Wi-Fi network will be restarted.
How to Restart iPhone 4,5,6,7 Normally?
First, let’s remember how to reboot the iPhone in normal mode, when all the functions of the phone are working properly.
You can turn off iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7 by performing the following manipulations:
- You need to press and hold the “Power” key for a few seconds, which is located in the upper end of your device. The result of such actions is the appearance of two large buttons “Turn off” and “Cancel” on the smartphone screen.
- Next, you need to slide your finger over the inscription “Turn off” from left to right, without lifting your finger from the screen. This gesture is also called “Swipe” (from the English Swipe. hold, pull). If everything is done correctly, the iPhone will begin the shutdown process. the screen will turn off and the device will stop responding to touches.
- The last step. you need to press the “Power” button again. you will see a black Apple logo mark on a white background.
How to Force Turn OFF/Restart iPhone 11. Frozen Screen Fix
With this method of restarting the gadget, all programs are saved in the multitasking panel and after disconnecting the phone, you can easily access all previously launched applications.
- In order to turn off the device, you need to go to “Settings” → “General” → “Universal access”.
- Next, enable the “Bold Type” function by swiping the slider to the right.
- The device prompts you to reboot.
The advantage of this method is its speed. The only change that will occur due to the activation of this function is the change in the font thickness. But if you need to restart your smartphone, performing a minimum of actions. this method is for you.
How to Restart iPhone 4,5,6,7
Any user of Apple technology, and in particular the iPhone, at least once, but faced the problem of rebooting or involuntary shutdown of his smartphone. The phone does not respond to pressing the Home and Power buttons, the touchscreen does not work either
Sound familiar? What to do if iPhone freezes and won’t turn off? We offer you a detailed guide on how to restart iPhone from any state.
Other non-standard ways to restart iPhone
If you want to quickly restart your iPhone, we recommend using the following methods:
How to turn off iPhone without a button?
And we come to the most interesting. how to turn off the iPhone if the “Home” or “Power” button does not work?
Let’s go in order. The creators of the iOS-based technology have thought of methods of shutting down and restarting without the top lock button or the center Home key. The function we need is called “Assistive Touch” and is based on the principle of touching the display.
To get started with this feature, you need to know how to enable Assistive Touch:
- You need to go to “Settings” → “General” → “Accessibility”.
- Next, you need to scroll down the page to the “Interaction” block and select the “Assistive Touch” item. Or you can go to “Settings” and start writing the word “Assistive” in the search field and the iPhone itself will suggest the necessary item.
- The next step is to drag the slider to activate the function we need to the “Enabled” position (on newer versions of iOS, in this position, the background of the slider turns green). After switching on, a square gray-white button should appear on the screen, which is responsible for this functionality.
- So, to restart your iPhone without buttons, you need to tap on the sensor within this icon. If everything is done correctly, then it should unfold in the following menu:
- Next, you need to press the “Device” button in the menu that opens and hold down the “Screen lock” icon for 2-3 seconds. As a result, you will see the standard iPhone shutdown screen. two buttons “Shutdown” and “Cancel”. What to do next. you already know.
- The last step is to turn on the device. for this you need to connect your phone to a computer, laptop or netbook using a standard USB cable and it will automatically turn on in standard mode.
Reset network settings
- To quickly disconnect the phone, go to “Settings”, then to the “General” tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list. Click on “Reset”.
- In the window that opens, select “Reset network settings”.
- In the next step, the iPhone will prompt you for a password (if your device is protected) and reboot.
The disadvantage of this method is the fact that after restarting you will lose all network data: settings and passwords from the Wi-Fi network, as well as mobile Internet configuration.
iPhone 7 and later
On iPhones that were released after the iPhone 7, the Home button was made touch-sensitive. If the iOS operating system is frozen, then pressing the sensor will not work. They made another emergency reboot method for them:
- Press the power button and volume down button at the same time. Do not release and hold for about 6 seconds.
This method allows you to forcibly restart your iPhone or iPad when a software failure occurs. We advise you to use this procedure in case of emergency, and if you can get by with the remaining 2 methods, use them. Leave this one as a last resort.
The third and final method of restarting an iPhone is only effective during normal operation of the iOS device, when the touch display responds to touch and the device performs the necessary operations, but the shutdown button is damaged or does not work.
Force restart iPhone
The forced reboot method will differ depending on the model.
How to Restart iPhone to Normal Mode?
Turn off iPhone using Assistive Touch
Within the framework of this manual, we will get acquainted with the method of turning off an iOS device without using the “Power” button using the Assistive Touch function.
- Tap on the Assistive Touch menu icon;
- In the menu of this function, “tap” on the “Apparatus” icon, and then a long “tap” (touch the screen of the device and do not lift your finger) on “Screen lock” wait for the “Turn off” and “Cancel” buttons to appear;
- And then everything is like when you turn off the iPhone in normal mode, make a “swipe right” on the “Turn off” button. The device will start to turn off;
- How can you then turn it on if the shutdown button is not working properly? Just connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable and it will turn on normally.
How to restart iPhone without a button?
It is possible to control mobile devices from Apple and iPhone in particular without mechanical control buttons. The creators took into account, albeit a high, but still limited resource of mechanical controls, and in case the touchscreen of your iPhone survived the control buttons, the operations for which the “mechanics” were responsible can be performed using gestures.
Assistive Touch must be turned on in order to activate full iPhone touch control. This function allows you to flexibly configure the control of the device using gestures and completely replaces the mechanical control buttons.
How to restart iPhone from any state?
At least once, but every owner of an iPhone or any other iOS device faced software glitches when the device stops responding to touching the screen and pressing mechanical control buttons (Home and Power). What to do if iPhone freezes and refuses to obey elementary commands? In today’s instructions, we will introduce you, dear readers, with 3 ways to restart your iPhone from any state.
All iPhones before iPhone 7
For iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s plus, 5, 5S, 5C, SE, 4S and all previously released, you need to press the Home and Power buttons:
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time for 10 seconds (approximately). The iPhone display will go blank completely.
- Release both buttons. If after that the Apple logo does not appear on the screen, briefly press the power button. iPhone will start downloading normally.
Leave iPhone alone
In most hang-up situations, the communicator will automatically return from the dangling state and begin to work normally without delays. If this does not happen, or you urgently need to use the device, go to another method.
How to restart iPhone if it freezes
iPhone is the most popular smartphone in the world. A huge number of the planet’s inhabitants literally rave about them. The demand for this electronic device is higher and higher every year. This is what determines the constant records of sales of iPhones.
Due to the fact that the iPhone is a technically complex device, it is prone to certain glitches. There is nothing strange in this, since difficulties occur with almost any technique. The most common problem when using these smartphones is freezing, the reasons for which are many.
A slowdown or even freezing of an Apple product can happen in a variety of situations:
Often the reason for the freezes can be the replacement of the firmware, which can “not weak” weird. Although installing the stock version of the firmware on this device may cause it to freeze. In short, the iPhone freezes and many of its owners simply have no idea what to do with it.
It is important to know what you can do when your Apple smartphone freezes. There are several effective ways that, in most cases, will revive your favorite communicator. Crashes happen on almost all operating systems, and IOS is no exception.
Basic signs of device freezing. not responding to keystrokes, as well as touching the communicator’s sensor.
Incorrect iOS update
Each iOS update, despite the assurances of the manufacturers, carries certain hidden threats. Of course, the most key errors are corrected in it, the speed of work is also significantly higher than in the previous version.
However, despite the fact that the overall performance of IOS has not changed much, many owners of Apple smartphones complain about frequent freezes.
There are many reasons why the iPhone freezes, and the most common reason for such a failure is a conflict between the program code of some application and a part of the active code of the device itself from Applee.
than 90% of iPhone freezes are due to a software bug. If the problem persists for a long time, or gives you inconvenience, you should contact a specialist. Such a nuisance in a short time can be eliminated by specialists.
Reload with Power button
If the iPhone is frozen, the easiest way to restart it is to use the Power button.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
press the shutdown button (Sleep / Wake up). It is located on the top panel of the device, and you must hold it until a red bar is displayed (no more than 5 seconds);
direct the red bar to the right to turn off the device;
press the shutdown button again, holding it until the apple icon is displayed.
If the communicator does not respond to commands at all, and the freeze continues for a sufficient amount of time, then you must use an alternative reboot method.
simultaneously hold down the power and Home keys for 10 seconds;
the appearance of the apple icon means that the restart was successful.
The described method allows not only to ensure system sagging, but also, quite likely, to correct certain internal errors. But you should always remember that if it is possible to successfully apply the first method, which is softer, then it is recommended to use it.
The harsh (alternative) method should be used only in the most extreme cases and it is not necessary to use it constantly.
Often, strange cases occur with iPhones, when, which practically did not appear on other communicators: at one moment the device’s display stops responding to touches at all, and this feature of its behavior can last up to 30 seconds.
Some owners of this smartphone claim that this problem most often happens when all kinds of notifications appear on the smartphone display, but you can also meet it on the lock display. Another unpleasant feature. while typing in programs, the keyboard “freezes” and does not respond to user actions.
Many active applications
Often, iPhone freezes are associated with a huge number of active applications that noticeably load the processor and RAM. In this case, you need to remove the most resource-intensive applications.
return to the desktop by pressing the Home button, and then press the Home button twice. This will display a list of active applications;
press and hold the icon of the frozen program;
at the beginning of the jitter, you must press the confirmation key;
double-click the Home button and re-launch the application.
How to restart or shutdown iPhone 11, X and XS. All ways
After buying a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro, many users are wondering how to turn off or restart this smartphone. This information will be especially relevant for those who purchase an Apple smartphone for the first time or switch from an iPhone 8 or older devices.
The methods for rebooting and shutting down these models are slightly different.
How to turn off iPhone 11
Holding down the power button on iPhone X and newer devices, which is common on previous models, does not bring up the shutdown menu. Instead, the Siri voice assistant will be activated.
If you turn off Siri or turn off activation by pressing the side button, then a long press on it will not work at all. You need to turn off your iPhone in one of the following ways:
Shutdown via settings
The shutdown button for this case has long been hidden in the bowels of the system.
Go to Settings. General and at the very bottom of the page we see the Disable button. After pressing, the usual slider appears, one swipe and the smartphone turns off.
When it helps: when you need to turn off your smartphone for a while so that it does not lose battery power.
Switching off via the emergency call menu
Holding down the power button and any of the volume keys on an iPhone with Face ID brings up the emergency call menu. So you can call the rescue service without unlocking your smartphone, look at the owner’s medical record and, of course, restart your iPhone.
When it helps: when to turn off iPhone even without entering an unlock password or face scan.
How to restart iPhone 11
There are three ways to reboot at once:
Switching off and on
Just hold down any volume button paired with the side button on the opposite side of the smartphone until the shutdown slider appears, move the slider and wait for the iPhone to turn off. After disconnecting, press the power button to re-enable.
When it helps: this method will come in handy if the iPhone starts to glitch, some application does not start, or Bluetooth headphones do not connect. The first and most effective remedy for such failures is to turn off and then turn on the smartphone.
Such a reset also helps to get rid of all sorts of glitches and problems with the iPhone. It can be performed both on a working smartphone and when it freezes.
If the gadget is not responding or you just want to quickly restart your smartphone: press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then hold down the side button and do not release until the iPhone restarts.
When it helps: This is the only way that helps when iPhone freezes. You can use it to combat glitches and system malfunctions.
Dedicated button for reboot
Using the AssistiveTouch menu, you can create a virtual button to restart your smartphone.
Go to Settings. Accessibility. Touch. AssistiveTouch and activate the main switch. Now add the Restart button to the menu.
You can add it to the top-level menu, set restart on a long press or double tap.
When it helps: this feature is convenient to use if you want to operate your smartphone with one hand. Add volume control buttons, shutdown buttons and others to this menu, after which you can perform manipulations without pressing physical keys.
What to do if iPhone is frozen
Freezing is a problem that any computer hardware faces. At some point, one of the programs begins to behave incorrectly or conflicts with another program, and as a result, the entire device is inoperative. This situation is called freezing.
iPhone is also prone to this issue and may freeze from time to time. Usually, when the iPhone freezes, it refuses to turn off or restart, which confuses the user. Most often old models freeze, such as iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 6. But sometimes even iPhone 6s and 7 users face freezes.
If you find yourself in such a situation, then this material should help you, here you will learn what to do if your iPhone is frozen.
iPhone frozen and won’t turn off or restart
Usually, if the iPhone freezes, users try to turn it off or restart using the standard procedure, namely by long pressing the Power / Lock button. Unfortunately, in most cases, when the iPhone freezes, this shutdown method does not work. iPhone keeps running and running frozen applications no matter how long the user presses the power button.
But, the iPhone has an alternative shutdown method that bypasses the iOS operating system. Thanks to this, this shutdown method works even on tightly frozen devices. The method consists in simultaneously pressing the Home button and the Power / Lock button.
The Home and Power buttons must be pressed simultaneously and held until the frozen iPhone turns off. After turning off, you need to wait a few seconds and make a short single press on the power button. After that, the iPhone will turn on and start working normally.
It should be noted that the key combination “Home Power” is also responsible for taking a screenshot. But, to get a screenshot on these keys, you need to press literally for 1 second, if you hold the keys longer, then the anti-freeze protection will work and the iPhone will reboot.
If you have an iPhone X or newer, then you need to use the new reboot method.
iPhone freezes when turned on
Pressing the Power Home buttons at the same time allows you to turn the device off and on in any situation. However, this procedure does not guarantee that the iPhone will not freeze again during the startup process.
If your iPhone freezes before the device is fully loaded, then you can use the recovery mode called “Recovery Mode”. With it, you can restore your iPhone to its original state and bring it back to life. But, it should be borne in mind that this procedure is equivalent to a factory reset and leads to the deletion of all user data.
In order to enter Recovery Mode on iPhone and perform recovery, you need to do the following:
- Turn off your iPhone and wait a couple of minutes for all programs to finish their work. If the iPhone does not turn off in the standard way, then you can resort to the combination “Turn on Home” described above.
- Then you need to press the “Home” button and without releasing it, connect the iPhone to the computer via the Lightning cable.
- Once connected, keep holding the Home button until the iTunes logo and cable image appears on the iPhone.
- Now you need to release the Home button and start iTunes on your computer.
- In the iTunes program, you need to go to the iPhone settings and click on the “Restore iPhone” button.
Fix Any iPhone Frozen/Stuck/Loop Screen (How to Force Restart!)
Thus, you can solve the problem with the iPhone freezing during startup, but, as already mentioned, for this you will need to donate all user files. You can read more about Recovery Mode in our article on resetting iPad to factory settings.
Also on devices from Apple there is a so-called DFU mode or Device Firmware Update. If recovery mode does not help, then you can try to enter iPhone into DFU mode and try recovery again.
How to Force Restart iPhone with Home Button
Older iPhones are still equipped with a Home button. these are all devices from the first iPhone to the iPhone X. The most popular of them are: iPhone SE, iPhone 5 / 5s, iPhone 6 / 6s / 6 Plus / 6s Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus.
- If you have a sixth iPhone or an older model, to restart, you need to hold down the Home button and the power key for about 10 seconds until the apple icon disappears from the screen. Also it shouldn’t blink.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the white manufacturer logo disappears.
During the reboot, the phone will restore all disturbed processes and start up normally. Remember that after this you will need to enter the password for your Apple ID account.
Recovery via DFU mode
In case your iPhone does not turn on, the apple lights up and goes out when you reboot, there is a special firmware update mode, also known as DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode. When it is a forced rollback of the system, error diagnostics and emergency device update.
If the reboot and recovery option did not help you, then DFU will become a kind of “plan B”. We still do not recommend starting with it. try Hard Reset and Recovery first, and if nothing works, go to recovery via DFU.
DFU mode works mostly on older iPhones. Here’s how to turn it on.
- Connect iPhone to PC using iTunes.
- Press the Power and Home buttons at the same time, as if rebooting, and hold them for ten seconds.
- Release the Power key, but hold Home until iTunes displays a message that the smartphone has entered DFU mode.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset iPhone settings.
Unlike the Recovery mode, the DFU works with the screen off, on which no icons are displayed. All data will be deleted from the iPhone during the firmware update; you will have to re-enter your Apple ID and adjust the iOS settings. To avoid losing important files when you reset your device, save them in advance to another medium or in the Apple cloud. We wrote more about backup in a separate article.
Hard restart when iPhone won’t turn on and apple is on
Turn it off and on again. this method helps in most cases, not only with broken iPhones, but also with PCs, routers and mobile gadgets. The process for starting Hard Reset depends on your iPhone model.
What to do if iPhone is frozen on apple
After updating or rebooting, it may happen that the iPhone freezes on the apple and does not turn on. How to solve this problem and start the smartphone again, read our article.
The long-awaited iOS 13 update has recently been released. we talked about its main features in a separate article. Sometimes an upgrade carries not only cool features, but also a bunch of bugs. Sometimes installing an update leads to the fact that the smartphone freezes at the boot screen and does not want to turn on. Also, this problem may occur after restarting the device. Sometimes iPhone freezes when connected to PC or unsuccessful Jailbreak. what is it, read here.
Less commonly, the problem occurs due to the hardware. usually after an unsuccessful or self-repair. To prevent such a sad outcome, we advise you to use only the advice of Apple Authorized Service Centers.
Fortunately, in many cases, everything is easy to fix on your own without contacting a service. We will show you a few proven ways to help revive the iPhone, which turns on and off before the apple.
How to Hard Reset iPhone without Button
New iPhones don’t have a Home button. Namely. on the iPhone X, iPhone XS / XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/11 Pro / 11 Pro Max. But even for them, you can perform a forced restart if the iPhone does not turn on, and the apple is on.
The process is a little more complicated than for older models.
- Press the volume up button and release it.
- Then press the volume down button.
- Hold the power button and hold it until the screen goes blank (the Apple logo disappears) and the device starts to reboot.
Using Recovery Mode if iPhone won’t turn on
In order not to lose information on the iPhone, you can try using the recovery mode, aka Recovery. This method is most effective if the problem occurs after an unsuccessful system update. The smartphone will reinstall iOS without erasing your personal data.
- Connect iPhone to Computer Using Lightning Wire.
- If you have an iPhone 7 or older, press the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. If the older iPhone is the Home and Power key.
- Wait for the notification that the smartphone is put into recovery mode, and follow the advice on the PC screen.
If the tips above didn’t work for you, it might be a hardware issue. Have you recently repaired your iPhone with a questionable service? Or maybe they tried to replace something inside the device themselves, and after the repair there were extra parts left?
If you bought a gadget recently, you can contact Apple support and take advantage of the warranty. If the device is more than a year old, you should find a reliable service center and show the device to specialists. Read more about iPhone repair. on the manufacturer’s official page.