Transfer photo from iPhone to computer via iTunes
As a reminder, iTunes is a program developed by Apple that allows you to play and organize music, movies, photos, etc. The main function of the program. it is synchronization with the device, filling with media files, and backup storage of all information. In order to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, we suggest doing the following:
Step one. Make sure you have a new version of iTunes installed on your personal computer.
Step two. Next, we need to synchronize the device with our PC. To do this, you need to set up synchronization. First, launch iTunes, then click on the icon in the form of a smartphone.
Step five. Wait for the sync process to complete.
This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
Before transferring photos to a computer using iTunes, you need to sync via Wi-Fi.
- Go to the “Devices” section.
- Choose your iPhone.
- Go to Options
- Check the box next to “Sync this iPhone over Wi-Fi”.
- Go to the menu in the “General” section, check “Sync iTunes over Wi-Fi”. After that, each time the device will automatically sync with the PC using Wi-Fi.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
The majority of owners prefer Apple products due to the wide and high-quality functionality of the camera. A large number of iPhone owners love capturing highlights on their device. But, unfortunately, a huge number of photos take up memory and have to be transferred to the hard drive of a personal computer.
Many users are wondering how it is possible to quickly and easily upload a photo to a computer. In this article, we will look at how you can transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using “Photos” in Windows
This method is very lightweight and easy to use.
- Step one. Connect your device via USB cable to your personal computer.
- Step two. Unlock your device. A window will appear asking for access to your photos and videos.
- Step three. Click “Allow”, after which you will open access to your photos and videos.
- Step four. After that, you need to enter the internal storage of the phone. To do this, go into Windows Explorer, you will see “Internal Storage”. Double click on it, after which the internal storage of the phone will open.
Step five. After that, the DCIM folder will appear, in order to view photos and video files.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer Using iCloud
In this method, we will tell you how you can transfer photos to your Windows computer using iCloud. As a reminder, iCloud is a branded cloud storage manufactured by Apple. This program is convenient in that it allows you to store iPhone backups, photos, videos, notes, calendars, etc. And also gives access to your photos, documents, etc. from any device. Each user gets 5 GB of free iCloud storage. You can access your files from any device by going to iCloud.com and logging in with your Apple ID.
In order to sign in to iCloud, you do not need to create a new account, for this use your Apple ID. First, we need to configure the iCloud Library settings. Follow these steps:
- Open the iCloud program on your PC.
- Enter Photo Options.
- Choose iCloud Music Library.
Click on “Finish”, then “Apply”.
To download photos via iCloud to your computer, do the following:
- Step one. Connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Step two. On your PC go to “Computer”, where the icon of your device should be displayed.
- Step three. Right-click and select “Import. In the window that opens at the bottom, click on options.
- Step four. In the line “Import images to” choose where to upload photos. Confirm the import by clicking “Ok” and “Next”.
- Step five. In the window that appears, it is fashionable to manually check the boxes on those photos that you need to transfer to your PC.
- Step six. Click Import. After that, the files are saved to the folder of your choice. After the import is complete, the folder will open again.
In this method, we will show you how to transfer photos to OC Mac.
- Step 1: Connect iPhone to Mac first.
- Launch Spotlight located in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Go to Image Capture.
- You can select photos manually by clicking the left mouse button or import all at once by clicking the “Import all” button.
- Select the folder where the photos will be imported.
- Before importing files, it is advised to uncheck the box next to “Delete after import”, otherwise all files on the device will be deleted after import.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer via iCareFone
Tenorshare iCareFone software is highly efficient and fast to use for transferring files to your computer from your iPhone. The main feature of this program. it is the ability to work directly with the connected device without unnecessary file transfers. Utility allows you to backup and restore data.
Then follow these steps step by step:
Connect iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Run the program on your computer.
Click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface or click “Manage” “Photo”.
Select the photos you want to transfer to your PC, click “Export”. Then choose a location to save them.
You can set image formats using the Export Settings option.
iCareFone also lets you transfer your albums between iOS and PC.
So, we have sorted out the simplest, most effective and fastest ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer. In the first method, we explained how to use iTunes to transfer photos from your device to your computer. This method can be carried out using a wireless Wi-Fi network, or using a wired.
In the second method, we described how to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using iCloud. Its difference is that it allows you to store iPhone backups. photos, videos, notes, calendars, etc.
In the third method, we mentioned how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC via “Photos” in Windows. This method is completely easy and fast. All transmission takes place by moving from the DCIM folder to a personal computer. In the fourth method, we described step by step how to transfer photos to PC through iCareFone. This method is simple, it can be done by exporting photos to a computer. This program can be downloaded from the official Tenorshare website. This utility will be the main assistant for working with media files.
Hope all of the above information was helpful.
Transfer Photos and Videos from iPhone to Computer or Mac
The easiest way is to just go to iCloud.com. log in and download photos from there, from any available device. All photos and videos are synchronized with the cloud, so they will be there all the time.
If you are not looking for easy ways, then let’s try to transfer data via USB cable. Connect it to your computer or Mac.
How to send photos and videos from iPhone via Bluetooth to another iPhone, Android, PC or Mac
Hello everyone! Today we will talk about how to transfer photos, videos, music and other files from iPhone via Bluetooth to another iPhone, Android smartphone or computer. It’s very easy to upload a photo or video that is in your gallery. Difficulties may arise with the transfer of third-party files, but first things first. Go!
If you have any questions, feel free to write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
- Open “Photos” on PC.
- Next, the “Import” screen will open.
- You may need to unlock your iPhone. If you are asked: “Should I trust this computer?”. click “Trust”.
- Select the photos and videos that you want to transfer and click “Import”.
- Downloading or updating the latest version of iTunes.
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Click to trust the computer.
- Launch iTunes, select photos from the Photos section and import.
- The transmitter can also be turned on in the additional quick menu. swipe up and down and click on the corresponding icon.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Computer
- After enabling the function, the iPhone will start searching for nearby devices. Then you just have to click on the name of the second smartphone. If you cannot find it, then check that it also has Bluetooth turned on.
- Next, go to the gallery, where all the photos are located. You can select a picture separately or several photos at once. To do this, click on the item of additional functions, then select “Transfer via Bluetooth”.
- You will see a list of connected devices, select the second phone.
- When connecting, you will need to enter a code. usually these are standard combinations such as 0000 or 1234.
- After the photos are transferred. turn off the “Blue Tooth”.
Thus, you can very easily transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone. On Android, too, you can, but sometimes there are some difficulties. Anyway. try it! If you have any difficulties, then you can try other methods described below.
Send photo by mail
If for some reason you cannot complete the transfer of photos, you can send them by mail. Open the “Mail” application, then click on a paper clip to attach photos and send them to the mail, which is tied to the second phone.
You can do it differently, open the gallery, select the photos you want, and then select “Send”. “Mail”.
And then Apple prepared a little prank for us, since for some reason iPhone cannot transfer more than 25 MB mail. Therefore, we just do the transfer several times.
With the transfer of files, things are much more complicated, since Apple has a copyright protection policy. And supposedly, when transferring files via Bluetooth, you can thus transfer pirated copied content (movies, songs, documents, etc.). And since Apple cannot control this, it is impossible to transfer files via Bluetooth directly without workarounds.
But there are so-called workarounds. On a smartphone from Apple, you need to get the so-called Jailbreak. Jailbreak. allows you to access files of the iOS operating system. To get it, you need to hack the smartphone itself. On different operating systems, everything is done differently, so we are looking for this information on the Internet.
- iBluetooth is a paid program that costs 4. It has all the features of transferring any files via Bluetooth.
- AirBlue Sharing is a convenient utility that allows you to throw any files not only on smartphones from Apple, but also on gadgets with Android and Windows operating systems.
- Celeste 2 is the most expensive application, but one of the most effective and convenient. When transferring, you can select any files from your smartphone.
This is the most expensive application of all the proposed ones. Its price is around 7. This price indicator can be explained by the fact that the application is integrated with the Gremlin program. It is designed to transfer received objects to the iPhone gallery. Also worth noting is the intuitive interface and easy control of the program. To send an element, you need to find it in the library and click on the “Send with Celeste”.
The user can fully control the transfer process. To do this, use the “Notification Center”. After successful file transfer, a message will appear on the screen.
Through the file manager
All files in iOS can be stored only in the applications that support them, and not in folders like on a computer or Android. Cupertinos suggest using the meager Files app for that.
There are many useful alternatives in the App Store, the most popular and functional solution is the Documents program from Readdle.
QR-Code Developer: Readdle Inc. Price: Free QR-Code Developer: ES Global Price: Free
Since you need to store all the data in it, why look for an additional way to transfer data. The utility does an excellent job of this.
Any file can be shared within the Wi-Fi network; it will be possible to receive it from another device through a browser. One of the most popular file managers on Android, ES File Explorer, has a similar feature.
How to transfer photos to iPhone via Bluetooth
The procedure is fairly easy. This requires?
- Open the iPhone main menu. Go to the gallery and find the file you need to transfer. In this case, this is a photograph.
- Open the picture by touching it with your finger. Then click on the photo again, after which a list of commands will open in the corner of the screen, among which there will be “Functions”. Click on it and select transmission via Bluetooth.
- In the next step, a list of devices that are paired with the iPhone will open before the user. The list will contain the model or name of the phone. If the required device is missing, then you need to use the search tool. The procedure will be carried out within 10 meters of the available facilities. After a successful search, click on the transfer.
- Further, a request will come to the device to receive the file to confirm the consent of the transfer. In some cases, you will need to enter a security code. As a rule, the combination 0000 is used for this.
- If you need to transfer several photos at the same time, then in the gallery you need to hold down a specific file, after which it will be possible to select several elements. The choice of the desired file is carried out using a check mark.
- Press the “Functions” command again, and then go to the transfer of the selected objects.
- After the procedure, turn off the Bluetooth module to avoid unnecessary power consumption. It is worth remembering that timely shutdown allows you to protect your phone from hacking by intruders.
There is the following instruction to help you disable the wireless file transfer module:
- Go to the module settings block.
- Click on the icon with the letter “i” located opposite the name of the smartphone.
- Tap on the “Disconnect” button, after which the connection will be terminated.
If the user no longer intends to transfer files to the paired device, then it can be removed from the list. How is the procedure carried out:
- Click on the command “Forget this device”.
- Confirm disconnection of pairing with the corresponding key.
- Then you can go to the list of paired devices. It will no longer include a disabled gadget.
Unfortunately, Apple is categorically about the transfer of files via the Bluetooth module. This is due to several reasons ^
- First, using this technology to send data is not a secure process. You can pick up malware.
- Secondly, this is a complete violation of copyright for all media content.
But, despite all the prohibitions of the company, it is possible to send information via Bluetooth. Just before sending you need to jailbreak. After this operation, you need to download several resources, which can be found in Cydia.
This is a more powerful utility that costs less than 5. However, by paying the indicated price, the user will be able to enjoy convenient operation and a pleasant interface of the utility. There is no need to make any manipulations in the settings, since you just need to select the desired item and press the send button. A list of available phones will appear in a special window.
If the transfer arrives on the user’s device, a window will appear on the iPhone screen in which you will need to accept the agreement.
The main advantage of this utility is that its functionality allows you to exchange files not only with Apple phones, but also with gadgets led by Windows, BlackBerry and Android.
How to transfer apps via Bluetooth?
Apple and Google are demonstrating different approaches to the design and development of their mobile operating systems with different limitations and features.
In this regard, the banal data transfer between iPhone and smartphone on Android turns into a real quest.
We offer 5 relevant ways to send any files from iOS to Android and vice versa. No computer, cable or jailbreak.
How to set up Bluetooth on iPhone
Pairing devices through the described technology is carried out as follows:
- Fully charge the battery on both phones, then put them at a distance that will not exceed 10-12 meters.
- Turn on Bluetooth on an additional gadget.
- In the settings of the Apple device, find the wireless technology section and go to the described menu.
- In this section, you need to activate the Bluetooth module. To do this, you need to move the slider. You can also carry out this procedure using the control center. When the module is in an active state, the icon on the express panel will glow white. Also, a small module label will appear near the battery level.
- Wait while the Apple device searches for smartphones to pair. Then click on the name of the found phone.
- The next step is to enter a special code, which is in the instruction manual. If there is no password, then you can use the standard combination 1234 or 0000.
After successful pairing, “Connected or Connected” appears next to the device name. The next time you do not need to enter the Pin-code, the iPhone will automatically remember it. After using data transmission, it is recommended to turn off the module, as it quickly consumes the energy reserve.
The easiest way to transfer a particular file between different file systems is messengers.
They are already on every smartphone and nothing else is required to transfer data. Just open the correspondence and add the desired file from the device.
The most convenient way is to use Telegram. The application allows you to insert a photo or video from the gallery directly into the chat, or add any data from iCloud.
The messenger is built into the Share menu, you can send a file from any third-party application, for example, a player, file manager or cloud client.
QR-Code Developer: Telegram Messenger LLP Price: Free
QR-Code Developer: Telegram LLC Price: Free
To transfer data between your devices, a special Favorites chat is provided. All data sent to Telegram will be available in the messenger on any platform, files are stored in the cloud and are available after a long period of time.
Try viewing a file you sent a month ago in Skype or Viber. You will see an error asking to resend the data.
|Official distribution of ShareIT|
|Silent installation without dialog boxes|
|Recommendations for installing required programs|
|Batch installation of multiple programs|
Shareit-for-free.ru recommends InstallPack, with its help you can quickly install programs on your computer, more details on the website.
Now open the file that you received. If a notification appears that SHAREit cannot be installed, then enable the option to install from unknown sources. Then tap on the start button. At this point, how to transfer SHAREit via Bluetooth, can be considered complete. Both mobile gadgets are ready for file transfer.
Android and iOS do not always “find a common language”: after all, both Google and Apple strive to retain their users by all means, including maintaining software incompatibility with products of other companies. However, there are many applications and techniques that allow you to quite comfortably combine the use of systems.
You don’t have to choose between Android and iOS: you can use both operating systems at the same time, writes KM.
Emails, contacts and calendar
IMAP makes it easy to manage your iCloud email account using the Email app on Android or your Gmail account using the Mail app on iOS. If you exclusively prefer Gmail, then Android and iOS apps are for you.
There is no single email setup wizard that can store both iCloud and Gmail messages at the same time (in theory, Mail on iOS and Email on Android allow you to do this, but in practice these are two separate accounts). iCloud won’t accept incoming messages from Gmail, and Gmail won’t accept or send iCloud messages. The best option here is to choose one provider and work with it.
When it comes to contacts and calendars, you feel like pulling your hair out in despair. Ultimately, you have to ditch Google services if you want to achieve two-way sync between iOS and Android.
All kinds of potential tweaks and configurations are available in this area today, but if all contacts and calendars are pinned to Google / Gmail, it’s better to upgrade to Android. CalDAV and CardDAV will help you transfer data to iOS: go to Settings. Mail, Addresses, Calendars. Add Account. Other. Here select CardDAV or CalDAV and use google.com Gmail username and password as server.
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to sync iCloud data between iOS and Android. The only thing that can be done is to transfer the information to Google, but this option is not for everyone. Log into the Contacts app in iCloud.com, select all your contacts, then select the Export vCard option from the pop-up settings menu. Save the resulting file to a convenient location, then navigate to your contacts in the Gmail panel and use the import function from the drop-down menu at the top to access your iCloud contacts on Google (you may need to use the search and copy function).
For calendars, the export process is even more complicated. Open your calendar from the iCloud web interface, paste the resulting URL into the address bar of your browser and change “WebCal” to “HTTP”. Your browser will save the resulting.ics file to disk, then you can import it into Google Calendar (or Outlook, or wherever). Data transfer is one-way, then you will need to switch to Google Calendar, designed exclusively for work with Android / iOS.
MP3 or AAC songs without DRM and other protections are easy to read on iOS and Android devices. There are many applications that will provide you with quality listening to your favorite music. For example, Google Music can store up to 20,000 tracks for free and scan the iTunes library if you already have the necessary settings (unfortunately, to date, the official iOS application has not yet been released).
Another way of storing and playing audio collection is Amazon Cloud Player; special applications for iOS and Android have been developed. And if you already have an iTunes library, then it will be convenient to use DoubleTwist (this application is even called “iTunes for Android”). DoubleTwist’s feature set includes scanning your music collection and copying it to portable devices.
When you buy recordings of movies or TV shows from iTunes, Apple reps assume that you will only watch them on your own hardware. It is very difficult to bypass the protection provided by the company, but there are workarounds that will allow you to view DRM-protected video files on Android tablets and phones.
The situation is simpler with unlocked and homemade videos (DVD rips, for example). Download it to your device using iTunes or DoubleTwist, or if you need a powerful free conversion program, use Handbrake. If you’ve already bought content from YouTube, you can also access the official iOS YouTube apps (as of today, however, none of them support Apple TV) and Play Movies for Android.
A magic utility capable of giving iOS apps access to Android apps and vice versa has not yet been invented. Fortunately, many applications now run on both platforms and are even able to sync information across Instagram, Skype and other social networks. This is quite convenient, especially if the data is stored on the Internet and not on a local device. So far, many applications are initially launched only on iOS, but the situation is changing, and most of the major releases can be found both in the App Store and in Google Play.
There are also many third-party apps that can sync files between iOS and Android systems with ease. The most popular. the tidy and unassuming Dropbox app. is easy to install, fast and easy, keeping competitors on the sidelines. When working with Android and iOS, it can be used to view shared photos and the application is able to create backup copies of every picture and video taken on a mobile device and synchronize them into a single stream of constantly available content.
It is worth mentioning the Evernote service, which is convenient for synchronizing notes, documents, and fragments of content. The app offers many great cross-platform and web-based capabilities. There is also Yandex.Disk and Microsoft SkyDrive. applications capable of storing all files available through Windows, OS X, Android and iOS.
For editing documents on iOS, there are Office apps Pages, Keynote, and Numbers that are unlikely to appear on the Android mobile platform. Google Drive, on the other hand, is a cross-platform service: it is a recently updated Quickoffice for Android and iOS and allows you to edit texts on the go.
It is impossible to cover every aspect of the individual OS process and configuration, but to some extent it is possible to get Android and iOS devices to work successfully together.
Many iPhones are capable of syncing via Bluetooth with devices that are not only developed by Apple. For example, there are many Android devices that can connect to the iPhone. Also, through this technology, the headset from the manufacturer Jabra pairs well. Before buying a gadget, you should always check with the seller if he is able to sync with an iPhone device via Bluetooth.
How to transfer files via Bluetooth from phone to computer
If you want to send files (photos, videos, etc.) via Bluetooth from your Android phone to a laptop or computer, it is very easy to do this, provided that the Bluetooth adapter on the computer is correctly installed and enabled.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of sending files over Bluetooth to a Windows 10 computer, but for Windows 7 and 8.1, the procedure will be about the same. See also: How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Sending files via Bluetooth to a laptop or computer
The steps for sending files via Bluetooth are very simple: it doesn’t even require pairing devices, usually everything works without it:
- Make sure the Bluetooth adapter is turned on: in Windows 10, you can click on the action center icon at the bottom right and make sure that the button with the Bluetooth symbol is blue (you may need to click “expand” to see this button). If not, just click on it.
- If it does not turn on after this step, see if your laptop has a key in the top row with a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi icon, if there is, try pressing this key or it in combination with Fn to turn on the Bluetooth adapter. If this does not help, the following instructions can help: Bluetooth does not work on a laptop, Fn key does not work on a laptop.
- The next step is to enable pending file transfer. This can be done by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and selecting “Accept file”, or (for example, if the icon is not displayed), press the WinR keys, enter fsquirt in the run window, press Enter, and then select “Accept files”.
- Now grab your Android phone, open any file manager (see Best File Managers for Android), in my example I am using the default File Manager on Samsung Galaxy. Select the files you want (usually this can be done by holding the file for a long time) and click the “Share” button.
- Select “Bluetooth”.
- Wait a while for available Bluetooth devices to be found. Select among them the device with the name of your computer.
- The file transfer begins, the process is usually displayed on both the phone and the computer.
- Specify the location to save the file on your computer.
Done, the file transfer via Bluetooth is complete and, as mentioned above, usually everything works by default, provided that you have the original drivers installed and it is possible to enable the BT adapter.
Some additional information that you may find useful:
- If the Bluetooth icon is not displayed in the notification area, but otherwise everything is working properly, you can press the WinR keys on the keyboard, type Enter, and in the next window click “Show Bluetooth icon in the notification area. Another way to get into the same window (for Windows 10): open Settings. Devices. Bluetooth and other devices. Other Bluetooth settings.
- In Windows 10, there is another way to open the window for sending and receiving files via Bluetooth: Settings. Devices. Bluetooth and other devices. Send and receive files via Bluetooth in the “Related options”.
- Windows 10 has a built-in application that allows you, among other things, to copy a photo from your phone to a laptop or computer, about it here: Your phone application in Windows 10.
- It is very convenient to use cloud services to synchronize photos, videos and other files. For example, if you have Google photo sync enabled on Android, you can view them from your computer at any time: just go to photos.google.com with your Google account.
- There are many tools that allow you to receive data from your Android phone to your computer (and send it back) over Wi-Fi, usually more convenient and faster than Bluetooth. details can be found, for example, here: Remote control of Android from a computer.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Is it possible to play music on a Bluetooth speaker from a PC. In particular, there is a Bluetooth-USB adapter, probably 2.0, from an unknown company. Interested in working with Win XP and Win10.
I’m not sure about XP. At 10, it may or may not start (the adapter is too old), it also depends on the sound profiles that the speaker supports. Try.
Is it possible to detect in the domain network when files were transmitted or received via Bluetooth?
I do not know. But the last connection can be viewed even simply in the properties of the BT device in the manager. information. the last connection via Bluetooth.
Good day. I can not transfer a photo to a computer via Bluetooth, the transfer is interrupted. Who and what is forbidden, I cannot understand. I don’t use Google sync on Android 9.
What is typical, the computer phone connection is established and even a photo is sent from the computer to the phone, the phone sends. I even sent VK to myself via Wi-Fi. And it does not send via Bluetooth, the photo is protected?
Unlikely. often than not, there are some problems with the operation of the Bluetooth connection. But what exactly. I won’t say so without seeing the situation.
Sending an 8 minute video from my phone to my laptop. The file is being transmitted and received. But 87% stalled, the transmission was on all night, there is no progress in the morning. On the phone, the file transfer arrow is flashing, on the laptop, the type is being received. And the eternal process
I have no answer for the reasons. And from the tips. use other transmission methods (cable, cloud storage, etc.)
When the bluetooth menu is called up, there are no “Accept file”, “Send file” items in the tray. and also. the item “Allow device reception” is blocked. Drivers are installed, devices are synchronized. no problem with that. But it does not work to receive files. The same problem with receiving files via “bluetooth and other devices” You can send files by going to “related parameters. Sending or receiving files via Bluetooth”. but you cannot accept on a computer.
Are the drivers original? From the laptop manufacturer’s website, for example? Or otherwise installed?
Dmitry is not original, unfortunately. I’ll tell you in order. For some unknown reason, the Bluetooth driver flew off, so it was not detected in the system. The manager showed that there are no drivers for it. On the official ASUS website (my laptop) I wanted to find drivers. but the site was on technical work. Therefore, I hurried with the installation and downloaded a rare muck. driverhub, which picked up supposedly working drivers, including Bluetooth. But the drivers worked with errors, and new ones were gradually added to the one mentioned in my first comment: the driver did not want to be removed in any way, it was removed only when it removed the driverhub. But together with the driverhub Windows began to glitch. powershell did not work, there were no downloads, etc., etc. Therefore, I had to demolish Windu entirely (I did not want to recover in any way). Maybe this is a little not, but my story complements your post about the fact that you need to install drivers from the official site, and not use all sorts of dubious intermediary programs. But, nothing, this situation gave me the opportunity to go further and explore new features of different OS =)
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone and iPad to Windows 10
When a huge number of pictures are collected in the memory of an iPhone or iPad, owners of Mac computers can count on synchronization, which allows them to store photos on their computer. For those who prefer Windows computers, there are several ways to move the photo library.
Copying Photos Using Windows File Manager
In order to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer running Windows 10, you will need:
- Install iTunes on Computer.
- Connect iPhone or iPad using Lightning to USB cable.
- Launch Windows Explorer from the Start Menu, Desktop, or Taskbar. Alternatively, you can use the Windows E keyboard shortcut.
- Click the arrow next to the This computer folder and in the menu that opens, select the iPhone or iPad connected to the computer.
- Double click to open onboard storage and navigate to the DCIM folder. It will display all the images stored on the mobile device.
- Further, using the key combinations Ctrl C and Ctrl V, you can copy the desired photos to your computer. If you need to transfer the entire photo library, use Ctrl A to select all images.
Copying photos using the Photos app in Windows 10
- In this case, you also need to start work by installing iTunes on your computer and connecting the iOS gadget using a cable.
- Next, launch the Photos application using the Start menu or taskbar.
- In the upper right corner of the window that opens, the Import button will appear.
- Select the photos you want to copy and click the Continue button.
- All selected pictures will be copied to the Photos app.
Copy photos using iCloud
- First, you will need to download iCloud for Windows from the Apple website using this link and run it on your computer.
- Next, you need to log into iCloud using your Apple ID and password.
- In the window that opens, select Photo and press the Options button.
- In a new window, put a checkmark in front of the item My Photo Stream and uncheck the box in front of the item Upload new photos from my PC.
- Click the Finish button and, returning to the previous window, click on the Apply button at the bottom.
After these simple manipulations, all photos stored in iCloud will be copied to your Windows computer.
How to Transfer Multiple Photos from iPhone to Mac
Connect iPhone to Mac with a cable.
In the dialog box on your smartphone, click Trust this computer and enter the unlock code.
On Mac, launch the Photos app and select the connected smartphone in the sidebar.
Now you can select the photos you want from iPhone and specify the import location on Mac.
This method is more convenient when you need to view photos and select a large number of images to transfer. In addition, copying via cable will be faster than via AirDrop.
How to Transfer All Photos from iPhone to Mac
Launch the iTunes app in older versions of macOS, or the Finder in macOS Catalina.
Connect iPhone to Mac with a cable.
In the dialog box on your smartphone, click Trust this computer and enter the unlock code.
In the section with the connected iPhone, select the Photos tab.
Specify a folder to sync on your computer and transfer all photos and videos from iPhone to computer.
This method is convenient when you need to transfer all the photos, and only then select the ones you need on your computer.
How to transfer a couple of photos from iPhone to Mac
In the Photos app on iPhone, select the photos you want.
From the Share menu, select AirDrop (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be enabled on your smartphone and computer)
Wait for the end of the photo transfer.
AirDrop is the fastest way when you need to transfer multiple photos.
✏️ They write to us:
I do not have my own computer at hand, I often need to transfer pictures to different devices. The Easiest Way to Copy Photos from iPhone to Computer?
There are several ways to transfer photos from iPhone to computer without clouds and sync.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows-PC
Install the latest iTunes for Windows.
After installation, connect your iPhone to your computer.
In the dialog box on your smartphone, click Trust this computer and enter the unlock code.
In Windows Explorer, the iPhone will be detected as a connected camera.
It remains to open the folder with the photos, select the ones you need and copy them to your computer.
How to transfer photos from iPhone or iPad using the Photos app in Windows 10
Another way that you can transfer photos from iPhone or iPad to your computer is the Photos app. Please note that this method will also work only if the “iTunes” application is installed on your PC.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a Lightning to USB cable;
- Launch the “Photos” application from the Start menu, desktop or taskbar;
- Click the “Import” button that appears in the upper right corner of the window that opens;
- Select the photos you want to copy and click the “Continue” button;
- All the pictures you choose will be copied to the Photos app.
How to transfer photos from iPhone or iPad using Windows 10 file manager
You can transfer photos from iPhone and iPad using File Explorer. Please note that the Apple mobile device will only appear in the Windows file manager if iTunes is installed on your computer. To transfer photos:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a Lightning to USB cable;
- Launch File Explorer from the Start menu, desktop, or taskbar. You can also use the Windows E keyboard shortcut to launch File Explorer;
- Click on the arrow next to the “This computer” folder;
- In the menu that opens, select the iPhone or iPad that is connected to the computer;
- Open the built-in storage by double-clicking or double-clicking on the touchpad;
- Go to the DCIM folder;
- The folder that opens will display all the images stored on your iPhone or iPad;
- Select the photos you need to transfer to your computer. To select multiple images, hold down the Ctrl key. To select all the photos stored in the folder, use Ctrl A.
- Select “Copy to” at the top of the window;
- In order to select the folder where you want to copy the photos, click “Select location”;
You can also copy the desired photos using the Ctrl C key combination, and paste using Ctrl V.
Download and Install iTunes
To move photos from your iPhone or iPad to your Windows 10 computer, you need the iTunes app. This is a special program that makes the Apple device available in the Windows file manager and in the Photos application. To download and install iTunes, follow these steps:
- Launch your browser;
- In the address bar, enter: www.Apple.com/iTunes/download/
- Click Download Now;
- Click “Save”;
- When the file download is complete, click “Run”;
- Click “Next”;
- Check the boxes of the required parameters, and click “Install”;
- Click Finish.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone and iPad to Windows 10 Computer
When a huge number of pictures accumulate in the memory of an iPhone or iPad, users are forced to move them to the cloud storage or to their PC. However, not everyone knows how to do this. In this article we will tell you in what ways you can move photos from your Apple device.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone or iPad Using iCloud
To transfer photos from iPhone or iPad to your computer using iCloud, follow these steps:
- Launch your browser;
- In the address bar, enter: support.Apple.com/en-ca/HT204283
- Click “Download”;
- Click “Save”;
- When the file download is complete, click “Run”;
- Check the box next to “I accept the terms”;
- Click “Install”;
- Click Finish. Your computer will restart and the iCloud window will appear automatically;
- Enter your Apple ID;
- Enter your password;
- Click “Login”;
- Click the “Options” button opposite the “Photo” item;
- Check the box next to “My Photo Stream”;
- Uncheck the box next to “Upload new photos from my PC”.
- Click “Finish”;
- Click “Apply”.
If you did everything correctly, now all the photos that are in your iCloud will be downloaded to your computer.
If you still have any questions, ask them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press CtrlEnter.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer, USB stick or external hard drive
IPhone owners with little storage space are sometimes amazed at how quickly their smartphone runs out of space. Most often, this problem is encountered by lovers of photos and videos, as well as fans of Live Photos.
True, it can be easily solved. you just need to activate the function of saving backups to the cloud storage, for example, to the iCloud Photo Media Library (though the service is paid). Users who are interested exclusively in free unlimited services can use Google Photos or Yandex.Disk.
In addition, photos can be backed up to a desktop computer. However, a 128 GB Mac is clearly not enough for this purpose, so you often have to use external drives.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone (iPad) to Mac using AirDrop
The main condition for transferring files via AirDrop is that devices (iPhone or iPad and Mac) are on the same Wi-Fi network. Also, both devices must have Bluetooth enabled.
AirDrop works flawlessly since iOS 10 and macOS Sierra.
On your Mac, open Finder and go to AirDrop.
On your iPhone or iPad, open the Photos app. Go to the required Album and click the Select button in the upper right corner.
Select a photo or video to copy to your Mac (photos and videos can be swiped without lifting your finger).
Click on the Share icon in the lower left corner.
In a few seconds, the available devices for AirDrop will appear in the middle of the screen on the left.
Tap the icon of the Mac that appears and the file transfer starts. The downloaded files will be available in the Downloads folder on Mac.
How to transfer photos from iPhone or iPad to Windows computer or external storage using a cable
Connect an external storage drive (USB stick). If you are going to transfer a photo or video simply to a computer, skip this step.
Make sure the connected external drive appears in Windows Explorer.
Connect the iPhone or iPad from which you want to transfer photos to your Windows computer using a cable.
When connecting an iPhone or iPad to a computer, the device should be recognized as an external device.
Click on the icon of the connected Apple device.
Go to Internal Storage → DCIM.
If instead of the DCIM folder, the message “This folder is empty” is displayed, unlock the connected iPhone or iPad and click the Allow button on the notification that appears.
After that, the DCIM folder will appear in Windows Explorer.
All photos and videos will be placed in system folders like “100APPLE”. Copy the entire contents of the DCIM folder or selected photos and videos to your computer.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone or iPad to Mac using the Image Capture app
Launch Image Capture on your Mac. To open the program, enter its name in the Spotlight search (you can use the hot keys ⌘Cmd Space).
Once launched, in the control panel on the left, find the iOS device and click on it. All photos and videos stored on the iPhone or iPad appear on the screen. Now you can manually select the pictures that you want to save on the external hard drive, or select all at once by clicking on ⌘Cmd A.
By default, pictures are saved in the Pictures folder. Call the drop-down menu and click on “Other”. Now select the folder on the external hard drive where you want to save the photo.
Optionally, you can delete photos and videos from your iOS device when you move them to your Mac. To do this, check the box next to Delete after import in the lower left corner.
Click on the “Import” button and wait until the photos or videos are saved. If your hard drive supports USB 2.0, and there are a lot of photos, the whole process can take much more than a few minutes.
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer or Laptop
The easiest and fastest way to transfer videos and photos from iPhone to Windows is to use the cable. the one you use to charge. The steps will be as follows:
- Connect your iPhone with a cable to the computer and unlock the phone if it is locked.
- On the iPhone screen, you can see the request “Allow the device to access photos and videos” or “Trust this computer?”, Allow access if such a window appears.
- After a short time, Windows will configure a new device and your iPhone will be available in File Explorer.
- In the explorer, open Apple iPhone. Internal Storage. DCIM, inside there you will find additional folders that contain your photos and videos, which you can copy to the location you need.
Usually this method works without any flaws, but sometimes a problem is possible, the essence of which and the solution is described in a separate instruction: What to do if the Internal Storage and DCIM folder is empty on the iPhone when connected to a computer.
Transferring photos from iPhone to Windows computer using iTunes will not work (but copying in the opposite direction is possible). If the cable method doesn’t work for you for some reason, go to the section about online photo syncing.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
Similar to the previous methods, you can transfer photos from your iPhone to your MacBook, iMac, or another Mac OS computer using a cable (but there are wireless methods, which we’ll also touch on):
- Unlock your iPhone and connect with a cable to your Mac, if necessary, click “Trust”.
- The iTunes applications will open automatically on the Mac, we do not need it.
- Open the Photos app on your Mac or laptop, on the left, under Devices, select your iPhone. In the “Import to” field, select where to import the photos.
- If necessary, select specific photos that you want to transfer to iPhone, or click the “Import all new objects” button.
- By default, photos will appear in the Imported Items section, or in a new album you created in the Photos application. If required, you can export the photo as a file from this application at any time.
Also, in the “Devices” section of the “Photos” application, you can check the “Open Photos” item so that in the future, when the iPhone is connected, this application will open.
On Mac, this is not the only “built-in” method for transferring photos from iPhone, you can also:
- Use AirDrop file transfer on your iPhone (open the desired photo, press the “Share” button, turn on the AirDrop function (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth should be turned on on both devices).
- In the latest versions of Mac OS, you can open the context menu on the desktop (tap with two fingers on the touchpad or right click with the mouse) and select “Import from iPhone”. “Take photo”. The iPhone will automatically launch the camera, and after taking a picture, it will immediately appear on your Mac.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac computer, via cable and Wi-Fi
If you need to copy photo and video files from iPhone to your computer, there are several easy ways to do this: you can do this both via cable and Wi-Fi, as well as via the Internet.
This tutorial details the different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows or Mac OS computer, as well as additional information that may be useful in the context of the topic in question. May also be helpful: How to open a HEIC photo file on a computer.
Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone over the Internet
Using cloud services to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to other devices, Mac and Windows computers is very convenient and simple, you can use:
- Apple’s own iCloud Photos sync: Simply turn on iCloud for Photos in your Apple ID settings on your phone to automatically upload them. These photos will be accessible on a Mac computer in the Finder, through a browser or from a Windows computer (for the latest options, see How to log into iCloud from a computer).
- Considering the fact that iCloud doesn’t give much space for free, and I have 1 TB in OneDrive and this service is integrated into Windows 10, I use it exactly: install the OneDrive app on the iPhone, turn on automatic sync and your photos are always available online or on a computer with the same OneDrive account.
- If you previously used Android and Google Photos, you can install this application on your iPhone and it, as before, will upload the photos and videos you have taken to your Google account in their original quality within limited storage or in a slightly compressed form, but without storage size limits.
If you prefer any other cloud storage, most likely it also has an iOS application with the ability to automatically transfer photos to the cloud for later access from a computer or other devices.
Some additional information to help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer without any problems:
- On modern iPhones, photos are captured and transferred to the PC in HEIC format, which is currently not supported by Windows by default. However, if you go to Settings. Photos on your iPhone and at the bottom of the settings in the “Transfer to Mac or PC” section, enable “Automatic”, then the next time you copy photos to your computer via cable, they will be transferred in a supported format (in fact, the option by for some reason does not always work).
- If you wish, you can purchase a special USB flash drive for the iPhone or an adapter for connecting memory cards and use them to copy photos, for details on this in the article: How to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone or iPad.
- There are ways to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to TV (even without Apple TV).
Transferring data from iPhone internal memory to PC is actually quite a simple task. The fact is that the internal memory of the iPhone (unlike Android smartphones) is immediately recognized by Windows as a portable device, for example, a digital camera. Therefore, you can safely open it using Windows Explorer and copy the image files.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer, you need:
- USB cable for iPhone (Lightning-to-USB);
- An active Wi-Fi connection to which the PC and iPhone are connected;
- ITunes software version 12.5.1 or later.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer using Windows?
In order to transfer your photo gallery from iPhone to a computer or laptop, you can use standard Windows tools. To do this, follow these steps:
Unlock iPhone screen with passcode (if installed).
Connect iPhone to Computer with USB Cable.
Optional: after that you can open iTunes, select your device in the tree on the left and in the settings check the Synchronize device via Wi-Fi checkbox. Then you can later not use a cable, but connect to Windows via a wireless connection.
How to Transfer Photos/Videos from iPhone to Windows 10!!
A “Trust this computer” dialog box may appear on the device. Click Trust or Allow.
Further steps depend on your version of Windows:
Windows 7: In the AutoPlay dialog box, select Import pictures and videos using Windows and in the window that appears, check the photos you want to import (this is optional). You can make the system always import when a device is connected: to do this, select the Always execute for next device check box. Photos will be copied to the “Pictures” folder.
Windows 7: In the autorun window, select import images.
Windows 8: Open the Photo Album app. Right-click in the program window and select Import. Specify iPhone as the device from which the photos will be copied, mark the desired images and click Continue Import. Photos will be saved in the Pictures folder and a subfolder named after the current date.
The Photos application is responsible for transferring photos from iPhone to Windows 8.
In Windows 10, iPhone photos are imported through the Photos app.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer?
Read the instructions on how to transfer photos from iPhone to a computer with Windows 7, 8 or 10, as well as a universal method for all versions of Windows.
iPhone is renowned for its cumbersome day-to-day operations. For example, the procedure for installing a ringtone, which needs a separate instruction. In this article, we will answer another burning question: how to transfer photos from iPhone to Windows computer?
How to Copy Photos from iPhone to Windows Directly?
To upload a photo from iPhone to a Windows computer, regardless of version, you can use the usual File Explorer. Connect your smartphone to PC, open Computer and double-click your iPhone in the list of devices. Open the Internal Storage DCIM folder. It contains all your photos. Copy them to any folder on your hard drive in the standard way.
The connected iPhone appears as a camera in File Explorer.