Adding Photos to iCloud
In order for photos to be added to the cloud storage, you first need to select the necessary items in the “Settings”. If iOS is updated to a version not lower than 8.1, then iCloud can work on such firmware. So, to activate the cloud you need:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Next, find the “iCloud” button.
- Then click the “Photo” button.
- Activate the button by moving to the right or press “ON.
- Choose your photo storage options. These are the buttons “Optimize storage on iPhone” or “Keep originals”.
Now all photos will be automatically uploaded to the library when connected to the WI-FI network
Download photos from iCloud to computer
How to download a photo from Icloud to iPhone is already clear, but it’s even easier to download files to your computer. In order to save everything that is on the cloud storage, you do not need to download any special applications to your computer.
Even if the computer has the operating system Windows 10, etc., it is not at all difficult to transfer all the information.
Important! Before uploading photos to your computer, make sure they are transferred to the cloud
- Open a browser on your computer and go to the official iCloud storage site
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “iCloud Drive” button, this is where all the videos and photos are stored.
- Then click on the “My Photos” folder
- Select all the necessary files and click “Download”
Note! You won’t be able to download all the photos at once, each of the files must first be selected before downloading.
The only exception to how to download all photos is finding photos and videos in a separate folder. So you can download the entire folder with all the materials.
How To Transfer iCloud Photos/Videos to ANY Computer!
Upload Photos from iCloud to iPhone
Photos on iPhone can be synced in two ways: optimizing and storing originals. Optimizing photos means that the files are saved in a “blurry” quality, but when the Internet comes up, they are downloaded again, and only the original is saved in the cloud. This is done to ensure that the phone has as much space as possible.
Conversely, keeping the originals means that the iPhone will only keep the original photos and videos in good quality. So, how to transfer photos from iCloud to iPhone:
- Save all the photos and videos you need to the cloud. How to do it is written above.
- Next, sign in to your Icloud account on another iPhone.
- Select the “Synchronization” button in the “Settings”.
- Thus, all files are transferred to another phone within a couple of minutes.
Potential iCloud Difficulties
If difficulties arise in the process, it is necessary to perform a number of the following actions:
- close the tab with the site, then go back in and log into your account;
- you may need to restart your computer;
- check for the fulfillment of all items in the settings;
- if the above steps do not help, you need to contact technical support on the website.
How to Transfer Photos to iPhone from iCloud Storage
Photos on modern smartphones tend to take up a lot of memory. In order to be able to store files and not clog up the phone’s memory, there are cloud storage. For iPhone lovers, you need to know exactly how to download photos from iCloud to iPhone.
Pause uploading photos to iCloud
Uploading photos to storage more often can slow down Internet traffic or drain the battery faster. This is why uploading photos to iCloud does not work while saving battery power. So, step-by-step instructions to stop uploading files:
- Open the camera roll on iPhone.
- Scroll down to the very end.
- The bottom should show how many photos and videos have been uploaded to the library, then click on the “Pause” button.
Please note that after doing this, the photos will no longer be saved to iCloud. How to return or continue uploading files. for this you need to do the same and click on the “Resume” button
So, in order to download, save or pull all the available files in iCloud storage, it does not take a lot of time and special skills. It is enough to follow the instructions and take into account all the nuances.
Transfer photos and other data from iCloud to your computer
How do I transfer photos and other data from iCloud to my computer to free up cloud storage space? Using the web interface and client on Windows to manage information on iCloud.
Using the web interface
The easiest way to transfer photos to your computer is to download them from the iCloud website:
- Launch a browser on your computer.
- Open the iCloud website, log in with the Apple ID used on your phone.
- Go to the “Photo” section.
- Click Select Photo. Highlight the pictures you want to save on your computer.
- Click “Load” and specify the location to save.
The main inconvenience in the web interface is the absence of the Select All button. If you want to download all the photos, select the first file with the mouse, then go down to the last image, hold down the Shift key and click on it. This will select all the files on the page.
If you want to figure out how to transfer contacts, then there is nothing complicated here either. The iCloud website has a “Contacts” section, which displays the notes synced from the iPhone.
You can download them all or individually as vCard files and then open them in Windows Contacts.
Saving Photos to iCloud
To transfer photos, you first need to set up their saving to Icloud:
- Open the settings.
- Click on iCloud account.
- Go to the “iCloud” section.
- Open the Photos submenu and turn on iCloud Music Library.
When this option is activated, the phone will be transferred to the storage of photos and videos. you cannot split the Media Library. Alternatively, you can use the “My Photo Stream” option. only photos will be sent to iCloud, but they are stored for only 30 days, and more than 1000 pictures cannot be uploaded per month.
In the iCloud settings, you can also enable syncing of contacts, notes, reminders, calendar, etc. If there is not enough space and you cannot transfer data to your computer, you will have to increase the storage capacity:
- Open the “iCloud” section.
- Click on the “Storage” button.
- Select “Buy a seat”
- Specify the required volume and pay for the capacity expansion.
If you don’t want to pay, periodically clear the storage of large files. Transferring photos to your computer is a great way to free up space on iCloud.
Another convenient way to upload photos to cloud storage and download them to your computer is by using the iCloud Drive app. Its plus is that you can upload images individually. This is also a disadvantage: bulk uploading of files is not provided.
- Open the photo you want to save to the cloud on iPhone.
- Click on the arrow button in the bottom corner.
- Select “Add to iCloud Drive”.
You will have to repeat the operation for each photo you want to send to iCloud. Then you can use the instructions on how to transfer data from iCloud to your computer via the web interface, or install the iCloud program for Windows on your PC. Mac owners do not need to install additional software. iCloud management software is built into the system.
The second option is preferable if you are going to constantly transfer files from their cloud storage to computer memory. In iCloud for Windows, files are displayed immediately after uploading to the cloud, you can view them without downloading.
- Download and Install iCloud for Windows.
- Run the program, log in with Apple ID.
- Check the box “iCloud Drive” and click “Apply”.
- Open Computer. The “iCloud Drive” folder will appear in the menu on the left.
You can view files, but they will be stored on the “cloud”. If you delete them from there, then they will no longer be displayed on the computer. So if you want to free up space on iCloud, drag and drop files to another folder on your computer. After that, you can safely delete photos from the cloud storage.
View and download files from iCloud to your computer
The main feature of the “apple” application is the ease of control from a PC. How to download photos from iCloud to your computer, save them and see them, consider all the methods.
Downloading photos through the program
The second method, how to transfer photos from iCloud to a computer through the application, has its advantages over using the official storage site. It is recommended to install the program in the following cases.
- If you need to upload information from a PC to the cloud, for further viewing on synchronized devices.
- It is convenient to use cloud storage text editors on PC.
- The application on the computer can be synced with all Apple gadgets.
To avoid the question of how to download a photo on a PC with Windows 7, 8, 10 through the program, use a simple instruction.
Information! ICloud cloud storage program is not supported on Windows PC Vista, EX
- Download and install the program following the standard installation rules. For Windows 7, the computer will automatically restart.
- Open the program, log in with your username (Apple ID) and password.
- In the main window of the program, tick off the options that you want to synchronize via the cloud.
- Click on the “Options” window next to the “Photos” icon.
- In the window that opens, check the box for the functions that you want to receive through the cloud. If you need to move a photo from your PC to the cloud, check the “Upload” icon, if you need to download all photos to your PC, check the “Upload” option.
Next to each function, the path of the destination folder on the PC is shown where the file will be saved. Configure the destination yourself if necessary
- Click the “Finish” icon.
- Restart your laptop or computer.
Important! On a Windows PC, device sync only starts on reboot
- Open the “Computer” function on the PC.
- Click on the “iCloud Drive” folder. In the tab that opens, you will see all files synced from the cloud.
You can view, save and copy photos directly to your PC hard drive through the “iCloud Photos” folder or in the “Downloads”.
If My Photo Stream is enabled on iPhone or iPad, all new photos will be available on PC.
View and download photos from iCloud to your computer
The iCloud vault has an intuitive interface that is convenient for every user, both a professional user and a beginner. The cloud stores photos, notes, contacts, there is work mail and text editors.
Downloading via the official website
The easiest way to view photos in the cloud storage via a PC or download files to computer folders is to use the official iCloud page. This method is useful for those users who do not have their iPhone or cable at hand to transfer files to a PC, bypassing the installer.
Information! Photos from the gadget will be automatically redirected to the cloud storage only after activating the “My Photo Stream” function
Transferring images through the developer’s web page will take less than a minute if you follow a simple instruction.
- Open the official iCloud website in any browser on your PC or laptop. You can go to the page through the Apple website.
- Log in to the service. Type in your Apple ID and password in the marked field.
- In the interface that opens, click on the icon with a flower, if there is no caption “Photo”.
- The photo gallery will open on the screen.
- Select the required snapshot with two mouse clicks, or press and hold the Alt key throughout the entire field.
- Click on the Cloud icon with the arrow pointing down. The button is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
The automatic download of the marked pictures to the folder on the PC starts. Most often, this is the “Downloads” folder, which is on the computer by default.
Copy and save photos on PC Windows, Mac
To copy a photo from your computer, go to the iCloud Photos folder and follow the instructions.
- Select the required photo with two clicks of the left mouse button.
- Click on the selection with the right mouse button.
- In the submenu that opens, select the option “Save as” Select the format in which you want to save the photo. Click on the selected icon.
- Mark the location of the copy.
You will receive a copy of the snapshot, which will automatically be saved in the selected destination folder
To delete a picture or document, after highlighting the necessary files, right-click on the marked field and select the “Delete” option. File move to trash.
Preparation for unloading
Before you upload photos from iCloud to your computer, each iPhone, iPod and iPad must be prepared for subsequent manipulations:
- Open “Settings”;
- At the top of the menu that appears, click on the item with personal data (Apple ID, iTunes Store and App Store);
- Select the iCloud option and go to sync settings;
In the Photos section, check whether the slider with uploading data to the cloud storage is actually active. Additionally, it is worth activating the item “iCloud Drive”, which is located just below in the same settings;
Easy and quick ways to download all photos from iCloud storage to computer
ICloud is Apple’s renowned cloud storage that provides access to data synchronization between different devices, a backup system and e-mail that supports communication along with push notifications technology. ICloud also helps protect smartphones, tablets, players and Mac computers, and at the same time opens access to the entertainment services of the App Store and iTunes Store.
In short, the track record is impressive, but what if the tasks are much easier. Take the idea of transferring data from iCloud to your computer, for example? What should be done in this case? And where can you find the photos you have taken and recorded videos? Everything. in order!
Interaction with the web version of iCloud
The method is practical, logical and accessible from a computer and a mobile device:
- Go to the official cloud storage site. Enter the password and login for authorization (if some data is forgotten. you can use a kind of form to restore personal information. There are two options. either try to go through the recovery process manually, or contact the consultants in Support for help. Data for communication are listed on the official website );
Then it remains to focus on the quick access menu, which has opened in the upper right corner, and click on the “bubbles” button with an arrow down. The second and the photo are already on the hard drive. Well, isn’t it lovely?
If there is a need to download not photos from the “Gallery”, but pictures downloaded from the network and saved in the “Files” folder on iOS (a similar section appeared with the release of version 11 of the operating system), then use the iCloud Drive menu.
The mechanics of the actions are the same here. click on the image you like, then on the cloud with an arrow, and then choose a place to save.
The procedure described above has several advantages (access from anywhere, lightning-fast loading, the ability to transfer links to certain content, quick authorization and no need to download additional software or understand the settings. The main thing is to log in to the network and do not forget about the synchronization settings), and a whole series of shortcomings.
- Firstly, it is very annoying to have to save one photo at a time, repeating the most boring algorithm of actions. Yes, in some situations this does not seem to be a serious problem, but what if you need to save 400-500 images at a time?
- Secondly, it is frightening to have to remember the password every time and always turn to iCloud to download data. It is impossible to automate such a process in the web version of cloud storage.
Interaction with the iCloud client
Recently, developers from Apple have offered to interact with cloud storage on a computer as well, having downloaded the necessary software from the official website in advance. The client will try to solve the shortcomings of the first method, and at the same time will help to set up automatic data exchange for maximum control over multimedia. It remains to repeat a simple instruction:
- Download the distribution kit from the Apple website to a suitable directory;
- Double click on the file with the.exe extension and proceed with the client installation. Accept all the terms and conditions, select a folder for unpacking, decide on the necessary shortcuts that can be placed both on the desktop and in the Start menu, and at the same time specify the target language;
- Immediately after installation. go through authorization (again, if the data from the iCloud account is forgotten or lost, you should contact Support and ask for help!) And first examine the interface that appears. The developers focused on data about the current storage (volume, account, current subscription) and several sections that have been synchronized with a smartphone, tablet, and player. First of all, we are talking about “Mail, contacts, calendars and tasks”, bookmarks from the browser, iCloud Drive, Photos and some additional applications that take up at least some space on the internal memory;
Special help from the developers will help you to understand all the sections. all the necessary actions and procedures are described there.
But the conversation about photographs should be given special attention.
- The first step is to open the “Options” menu;
- The second is to check the box next to “Upload new photos and videos to my PC”. Next, you should change the directory for storing data. If there is not enough free space on the “C” drive, it is better not to risk it again and set some new folder.
An alternative option for obtaining all new pictures from different devices on one PC is to check the box next to the “My photo stream” item (in this case, you will have to work with the synchronization settings on your smartphone and tablet. You need to look into the iCloud settings, then select the “Photo” item, and after. activate the photo stream function).
If the procedure is done correctly, a new section “iCloud Photos” will appear in the “My Computer” menu. Uploaded and uploaded photos, pictures and videos are stored there. The data is updated several times a day, that is, you can safely forget about the need to visit the official website of the cloud storage every time!
The option with the iCloud client also copes with the task perfectly and, as an additional plus, opens up a series of additional possibilities. it allows you to automate the process of saving data, speeds up the speed of information processing, finally allows you not to select one picture at a time, but immediately open all the multimedia. without worrying about the final result and loss of time. The disadvantages of this method include two things. the need to download additional software, and the possible difficulties in configuring the synchronization parameters. However, it’s worth experimenting and everything will work.
How to upload “Photos” on Mac?
It is much easier to exchange data from the Gallery with Apple computers than with those that run on the Windows operating system, and therefore the algorithm of actions is much shorter:
- Activate My Photo Stream on iPhone, iPod or iPad;
- Open the system options menu on Mac and repeat the procedure (that is, check the box next to “My Photo Stream”);
- The last step is to open the explorer and find the “Photostream” directory (easier through the search). New photos and videos will start appearing in a few minutes, uploading from the cloud.
Synchronization, as in the case with the iCloud client, occurs automatically and does not require user intervention. The main thing to remember is that you need a stable working Internet for fast data exchange.
The method involves the use of the Aykloud website, which has the necessary functionality. Moving pictures takes place without additional software. The procedure is performed as follows:
- Open any browser on a PC, enter icloud.com in the address bar.
- Specify Apple ID and password, press “Enter”.
Read and accept the terms and conditions of use of the service.
On the main page of the resource, select the item “iCloud Drive”.
Select a photo and click the “Upload” button, which has the shape of a cloud with an arrow. The adjacent button with a reverse arrow allows you to add files from the PC to the device.
The only drawback of this method is the inability to download the entire folder. You will have to separately select the files and save them. The advantages include connection speed, unloading on any computer without installing software. However, this does not imply automatic exchange of fresh photos. If you want to get new pictures, you will need to re-login and upload.
The methods described below will allow you to set up automatic syncing between iPhone and computer via iCloud.
Extract snapshot via Image Capture
On all Mac OS laptops, the Image Capture software is added by default to import photos. If you are using Windows, you will have to install it separately.
- We connect your device and laptop via a USB cable and open the “Image Capture” program. Using a USB cable, the computer connects to the device
- We go into the folder with photos and select those that need to be unloaded. Press the “Import” button and specify the folder where to save them. “Image Capture” is used to quickly import a photo from an Apple device
The rarest and most beautiful clouds
Almost everyone looks up at the sky at least once every day and sees typical cloud formations. But we want to show you clouds that are very rare. Not everyone can observe such atmospheric phenomena in reality, but we can always be surprised when looking at photographs.
How and where to transfer photos from the cloud ?
Many people have actively used the Cloud app from. With its help, they made backup copies of files, incl. photos, freed up free space on a smartphone or PC, and also shared their files with friends or colleagues. But recently, access to the Cloud has been limited.
How to Upload Photos from iCloud to Computer. All Methods for 2019
Let’s take a look at several ways how you can quickly upload photos from iCloud to your computer.
Correct sync setting will automatically transfer all downloaded and taken photos to your computer.
iCloud is Apple’s default cloud storage for Mac OS and IOS. The service was first launched in 2011. The purpose of the storage is to create a convenient system for synchronizing data between all user’s devices, storing files on a remote server to save space in the gadget’s memory, storing settings, encrypted passwords and OS backups (for security purposes).
All Apple device owners get a free iCloud account with a 50GB reserve. Often this space is not enough, so it is necessary to look for options for quickly moving a large amount of photos and other media data.