This file manager on the computer also provides the ability to exchange data between devices. There is a special icon labeled URL that allows you to create a new ftp connection. Click on it and enter the ftp server address in the line.
Uncheck the “anonymous connection” checkbox and enter your account details. This will give you access to your phone files. Objects are freely copied in two directions.
Dropbox is a popular cloud storage solution that lets you sync files across devices. For example, if a user downloads data from a computer, he can immediately access it from a phone or tablet.
Before transferring files from computer to phone or tablet, you need to install Dropbox on all devices in your home group. On a desktop or laptop, download the client software from dropbox.com. Then you should start the installation and register an account. Enter your first name, last name, email and come up with a password. You can download Dropbox on your Android device from the Play Market Store. You no longer need to register. just enter your mailbox address and password.
How to transfer music from computer to phone via DropBox? Just copy the file with the hot combination “CtrlC. CtrlV”. If you need to move an object to a folder, select it on your computer and open the context menu. Find the item “Move to Dropbox folder” (the file will disappear from your computer). The data will be transferred to the cloud storage, and you can open it from any synced device.
Through ES Explorer, you can exchange data with a PC via Wi-Fi. To do this, go to the application menu, and in the “Network” item, select “Remote Access”.
Go to settings (button in the upper right corner of the screen) and specify the following parameters:
- root folder. most often this is a memory card;
- creating an account is an optional item, but with anonymous connection, sometimes there are problems with gaining access;
- if you wish, you can create a shortcut for the ftp server.
Exit the settings and click “enable”. The address of the ftp server will appear on the screen.
Enter it in Windows Explorer and the Android device’s file system will open. This way you can quickly copy the file from your computer to your phone and vice versa. When finished, disable the service in ES Explorer.
The method described above is suitable for a one-time connection, for example, if you want to connect a friend’s phone. But how do you transfer files from your computer to your phone so that you don’t have to enter the address into Explorer every time? To do this, you need to create a network drive.
- Go to “Computer” and click “Map network drive”.
Now in the “Computer”, in the “Network Location”, a folder with the files of your Android device will appear. Before transferring music from computer to phone, enable ftp connection in ES Explorer. When you’re done copying files, turn it off.
5 ways to transfer files from computer to phone
Users store information on different devices, and sometimes it becomes necessary to exchange data. How to transfer files from computer to phone? There are different ways to link devices.
Usually a USB cable is included with your phone, but you can purchase it separately. On one side there is a USB connector that connects to a computer. The other connector depends on the phone model. To get started, connect the device to your PC via a cable.
We go to “My Computer”. In portable devices, we find the connected phone. If you want to move all videos and photos at once, in the context menu, click “Import images and videos”. In the parameters, you can check that the contents of the device are deleted after import. If you need to copy individual files, double click on the device icon. A window will open with two folders. Card and Phone. This way you can easily install the file from your computer to your phone. At the end of the work, just disconnect the cable.
Of course, the data transfer rate over Bluetooth is very slow. But in some cases, this is the only way to transfer files to another device. For example, if Wi-Fi is not connected, and the USB cable is not at hand.
Before transferring files from your computer to your phone, turn on Bluetooth on both devices. If you are using Windows 7, open “Network and Sharing Center”. Under Changes to Adapter Settings, look for Bluetooth Network Connection. Enable it via the context menu. On Android, go to settings and move the slider opposite Bluetooth to the active position. Don’t forget to make your phone visible to all devices.
On your computer, open Control Panel and click Add Device. In the window that opens, select your phone. A special code will appear on the screen, which must be entered on the Android device. This is how we tied the phone to the PC.
Call the context menu for the required file. Click Send. Bluetooth. Then select the required device. The transfer will take some time, after which the phone will receive a notification that the file has been received.
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iPhone and iPad
iPhone and iPad are multimedia devices with which you can listen to music, watch movies, read books and do a whole lot of other tasks. But a user who recently bought an iPhone or iPad has a reasonable question. how do you get all these files onto your device? In this article, we will look at the process of downloading various types of multimedia (and not only) files on the iPhone and iPad.
You can drop any file on the iPhone and iPad, without exception, but, unfortunately, not every file will be able to open it. Let’s start with the simplest manipulations. learn how to reset movies, music, books and photos using iTunes.
How to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone and iPad with iTunes
Open iTunes. In case it is not installed, download the latest version from the official website.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
Add to iTunes the music you want to download to your smartphone. To do this, click File → Add File to Library to open a specific song, or File → Add Folder to Library to add a folder with music. iTunes supports Drag’n’Drop, which allows you to simply drag individual songs and music folders to the program window to add.
Wait until the music is defined in iTunes and select the icon with the image of your device on the panel.
Go to the Music menu and select the songs you want to transfer to your iPhone or iPad. You can also check the box next to “Entire Library” to sync all your music to your device.
Click “Apply” in the lower right corner of iTunes and wait for the sync to finish.
To transfer movies to your iPhone or iPad, you must do exactly the same operation as described above, but choosing in Step 5 not “Music”, but “Movies”. By the way, just after several such operations, users who disliked iTunes for their apparent complexity completely change their minds about this unique multimedia combine.
How to Transfer Books from Computer to iPhone or iPad Using iTunes
With books, things are a little different. We have already described in detail three different applications for reading books on the iPhone and iPad, these are iBooks, Bookmate and Aychitalka. Follow the relevant links to get detailed information on this process.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone or iPad Using iTunes
Open iTunes. If the utility is not installed, download the latest version from the official Apple website.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
Select the device that appears on the top bar.
Select the “Photos” menu.
Click on the checkmark next to “Sync photos from”.
To the right of this label is a button labeled “Images”. Click on it and select “Select folder”
Specify the folder with the photos you want to see on your iPhone or iPad.
Click “Apply” in the lower right corner and wait for the sync to finish.
How to use an iPhone or iPad as a USB flash drive
Download and install the latest iFunBox.
Open the program and connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. In order for iFunBox to see your device, iTunes must be installed on the computer.
The device will be identified in the program and you can upload absolutely any files to it, using your iPhone or iPad as a USB flash drive.
Drop files that need to be “moved” to the “Shared storage” folder.
A very convenient solution that can help out at the most crucial moment. For example, there is no flash drive at hand, but you need to drop an important file “weighing” several gigabytes. Do not send this by mail. iPhone or iPad, together with iFunBox, does an excellent job with this task. files are not damaged and are thrown off safe and sound.
Users who jailbreak their devices are more fortunate. With Cydia’s huge selection of file system tweaks, they can decompress files using dedicated managers, download files straight from Safari, and more. A prime example of such a tweak is the iFile file manager. You can find other useful jailbreak tweaks for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch by following this link.
Using the iTunes app to upload documents
The easiest way to throw off movies, music, photos and programs is using the iTunes application. To reset information on iPhone, you need to follow these instructions:
- iTunes opens on your computer;
- if the user does not have this application, he can download it from the official portal of the company;
- now you need to connect your smartphone to a stationary PC, for this you will need to use the original cable;
- as soon as the program opens, you should add music and videos to it that need to be transferred to the gadget;
- to load the required folders, the “File” section opens;
- then the user selects the item “Add file to the library”;
- you can immediately select the “Add a folder to the library” section if a folder with music and videos was previously compiled;
- when all the necessary data will be transferred to the library, you need to wait for the program to connect to the iPhone;
- as soon as the connection is established, the smartphone icon will appear in the window;
- the owner chooses an icon with this image;
- a menu will open on the screen, in it you should select the “Music” item;
- from the list, those songs are selected that should be transferred to the device’s memory;
- you can also synchronize all media files, to do this, check the box next to the “Entire Library” label;
- to start the synchronization process, select the “Apply” item;
- the data synchronization procedure will start on the screen.
- If the user needs to download videos or films, in the “Menu” section he selects the “Films” item. Next, the desired file is selected from the list and transferred to the smartphone.
Is it possible to independently transfer music, photos and videos from PC to smartphone
If the client has a desktop computer, they can drag and drop files from it to the iPhone. Additional programs are used to copy data. Also, the user may need applications. It is worth telling in more detail about the methods by which you can perform data transfer.
Using the PC application “iCaraFone”
This is a specially designed application that allows you to move files on your iPhone. The software acts as a file hosting service. iCaraFone has a high data transfer rate, the program is also fast and has a simple interface.
The utility can be used not only to move photos and videos, but also to create a backup copy of smartphone data. With its help, you can restore information on a cell phone. Additionally, the client can use it to delete unnecessary files from the gadget, fix system errors and eliminate banners in applications. Each user can install the program, as this utility is provided to customers free of charge. To transfer selected files from computer to iPhone, the owner should follow these instructions:
- the cell phone is connected to the stationary PC using the original cord;
- then you will need to install the “iCaraFone” utility on your computer;
- after installing the program, it is launched on the PC;
- a window will open on the screen, in it you should select the “Control” item;
- you can also simply select the icon with a picture of a photo in the application interface (quick access);
- then the user must select the “Import” item;
- from the list of photos, those images are selected that need to be transferred to a smartphone;
- now you should click on the “Open” button;
- when the client has already created a folder with the necessary photos, he selects the “Import” section in the menu;
- then he presses the “Select folder” button;
- when the required file is selected, the “OK” button is pressed;
- the file transfer procedure will start;
- as soon as it is completed, the client can unlock the gadget by specifying the access password;
- after that, you should disconnect the smartphone from the computer;
- go to the “Photos” application.
When the owner enters the “Photos” section, he will see the images that were moved there using the utility. Transferring music, videos and documents is carried out in the same way.
What are the ways you can download information from PC to smartphone
When a client has data on his PC that needs to be sent to his phone, he needs to consider the available transfer options. To transfer files from computer to iPhone, you can use:
- iTunes program;
- iCloud cloud storage or others;
- iCaraFone app.
Each of these methods has its own characteristics, it is worth talking about them in more detail.
Using cloud storage
The owner can copy the necessary files from the computer to the iPhone using the “Cloud”. Today there are several cloud storages, but it is easier for customers to use the iCloud service. To complete the move, you need to have access to iCloud as well as the Files app on your smartphone. You can send photos and videos using the following scheme:
- the user opens any working browser on the computer;
- the name of the iCloud website is entered in the address bar;
- the client must go through the authorization procedure in the system;
- the mailbox for the Apple ID is specified;
- then the account access code is written;
- when you are logged in, you need to find the “iCloud Drive” section on the main page;
- if you pay attention to the top of the page, there will be a button “Upload to”;
- as soon as the owner clicks on it, the explorer will open;
- in a new window, select a file to upload to the cloud storage;
- after 1-2 seconds, the procedure for downloading photos or videos will begin;
- the duration of the operation depends on how much data is loaded into the “Cloud”;
- also, the download time depends on the speed of the Internet connection;
- as soon as the procedure is completed, the user can go to the “Files” section on his iPhone;
- all data downloaded from the PC will be located there.
But in addition to the standard Icloud storage, the owner can use additional services. For example, you can upload files through Yandex.Disk, Dropbox, Google.Disk, or OneDrive. The most popular site is Dropbox. It is worth talking in more detail about how to transfer files to the iPhone through it:
- first, the user must download the Dropbox program to their cell phone;
- then the service is installed on a stationary computer;
- then you need to run the application on the PC;
- then the “Dropbox” folder is selected;
- there you need to transfer files or folders with music, movies and photos;
- while the files are being moved to the cloud, the blue icon will light up on the screen, this will indicate the synchronization process;
- as soon as the procedure is completed, a message with a check mark will be displayed on the screen.
If the document transfer procedure is completed, the user can launch the Dropbox application on their smartphone. You will need to wait for the sync to complete. After that, all downloaded data will be displayed on the screen. The same algorithm is used to work with other storages.
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iPhone
IPhone owners need to have a large number of programs and files on their smartphone. Uploading data is not always easy, so it’s worth talking about how to transfer documents from computer to iPhone. The user will be presented with all available ways of how to do this.
Can I use my iPhone as a USB flash drive
To use the gadget as a flash card, the user will need an additional application. In addition, the latest version of iTunes must be installed on your computer. The operation is performed according to the following instructions:
- first you need to find the latest version of the iFunBox program on the Internet;
- the user downloads and installs the utility on the computer;
- then you need to connect your smartphone or tablet to the PC using a cable;
- since the program is already running, it should detect a new device;
- if a smartphone does not appear in the application, it is worth checking the operation of iTunes;
- the application will not work without iTunes installed;
- after establishing a connection, the program will detect the gadget;
- after that, you can move the desired files;
- in this case, the iPhone will be used as a flash drive;
- all selected files need to be moved to a section called “Shared storage”.
This is a method that allows you to transfer large files to your phone. When there is no flash drive, the user’s cell phone will come to replace it. This approach will avoid sending important videos and photos by mail. Thanks to the work of the “iFunBox” program, the transferred files are not damaged.
How to transfer photos from computer to iphone?
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone or iPad
- We connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer and turn on the iTunes program.
- Click on our device and go to the “Photo” section.
- Click the “Synchronize Photos from” checkbox and select the folder into which we will pre-add all the necessary pictures and photos.
How to send a photo from a computer to a mobile phone?
First, connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable that allows you to transfer files.
- Turn on your phone and unlock it.
- On your computer, click the Start button. and then select Photos. to open the Photos app.
- Select Import From USB Device and follow the instructions.
How to transfer photos from computer to iPhone via Wi-Fi?
First, you need to connect your phone using USB and open iTunes. In the iTunes application, in the “devices” tab, select your iPhone to sync. Further in the section “overview” we find “parameters” and put a tick in front of the line “sync this iPhone via Wi-Fi”.
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iTunes?
Transfer files between iPad and Windows PC
In the iTunes app on Windows PC, click the iPad button in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window. Click Shared Files, select an application from the list, then do one of the following. Transfer file from iPad to computer.
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iPhone via USB?
You must have an updated version of iTunes. Just click a button and open iTunes on your computer. You should now connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. On the left side of the window, you can see the icon in the mobile image.
How to transfer files from computer to phone?
Option 2. Transfer files via USB cable
- Unlock your phone screen.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your phone, tap the notification “Charging device via USB”.
- In the USB Mode dialog box, select File Transfer.
- Drag files to the opened window.
Using VLC to Rip Movies to iPad and iPhone over Cable and Wi-Fi
The main advantage of this and other such applications is smooth playback of almost all popular video formats, including mkv, mp4 with codecs other than H.264 and others.
After installing the application, there are two ways to copy video files to the device: using iTunes (but without format restrictions) or via Wi-Fi in the local network (i.e., both the computer and phone or tablet must be connected to the same router to transfer ).
Copy Videos from Computer to iPhone and iPad to iTunes
Apple has provided only one option for copying media files, including videos from a Windows or MacOS computer to iPhones and iPads. using iTunes (hereinafter I will assume that iTunes is already installed on your computer).
The main limitation of this method is that it only supports the.mov.m4v and.mp4 formats. over, for the latter case, the format is not always supported (it depends on the codecs used, the most popular is H.264, it is supported).
To copy videos using iTunes, just follow these simple steps:
- Connect the device, if iTunes does not start automatically, start the program.
- Select your iPhone or iPad in the device list.
- In the “On my device” section, select “Movies” and simply drag the desired video files from the folder on your computer to the list of movies on your device (you can also choose from the “File” menu. “Add file to library”.
- In case the format is not supported, you will see the message “Some of these files were not copied because they cannot be played on this iPad (iPhone).
- After adding the files to the list, click the “Sync” button at the bottom. When synchronization is complete, you can disconnect the device.
After you finish copying videos to your device, you can watch them in the Video application on it.
How to Transfer Videos to iPhone and iPad from Computer
One of the possible tasks of the owner of an iPhone or iPad is to transfer to him a video downloaded on a computer or laptop for later viewing on the road, waiting or somewhere else. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to do this simply by copying video files “like on a USB flash drive” in the case of iOS. However, there are plenty of ways to copy a movie.
In this guide for beginners. about two ways to transfer video files from a Windows computer to an iPhone and iPad from a computer: the official (and its limitation) and my preferred method without iTunes (including via Wi-Fi), as well as briefly about other possible options. Note: the same methods can be used on macOS computers (but sometimes it is more convenient to use Airdrop for them).
Copy Video to VLC with iTunes
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your device in the list, and then in the “Settings” section, select “Applications”.
- Scroll down the program page and select VLC.
- Drag the video files to VLC Documents or click Add Files, select the files you want and wait for them to be copied to the device.
After finishing copying, you will be able to view the downloaded movies or other videos in the VLC player on your phone or tablet.
Transfer Videos to iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi in VLC
Note: for the method to work, both the computer and the iOS device must be connected to the same network.
- Launch the VLC app, open the menu and enable “Access via WI-FI”.
- An address will appear next to the switch, which must be entered in any browser on the computer.
- Having opened this address, you will see a page on which you can simply drag and drop files, or click on the “Plus” button and specify the required video files.
- Wait for the download to finish (in some browsers, the progress bar and percentages are not displayed, but the download is in progress).
Once completed, the video can be viewed in VLC on the device.
Note: I noticed that sometimes after downloading VLC does not display the downloaded video files in the playlist (although it takes up space on the device). Empirically determined that this happens with long file names in Russian with punctuation marks. I did not reveal clear patterns, but renaming the file to something “simpler” helps to solve the problem.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Hello. Should I change the file extension? Copied?
If the codec is supported. Those. what matters is that “inside” the file and this is checked when copying: ie, for example, one.mp4 can be copied, but the other cannot.
Forget iTunes. iTools is the solution to all problems. Do not consider it an advertisement, I use it myself and recommend it to all Apple water users.
Hello! My way is using nPlayer. It seems to be paid, but it plays all video files. And I never upload them to the iPad, there are many network protocols available in the Network tab: I use SMB / CIFS, but there are also Webdav, FTP, DLNA, several cloud services. In general, there is a lot of things there, control is very convenient, there is post-processing (if, for example, the video is too dark, this is easy to fix), the choice of audio tracks, subtitles, adjusting the sound and brightness by swiping across the screen on the right and left, respectively, etc. There were problems with dts codec in mkv, but I did not have to face them (I had to pay extra). For some reason, there are few reviews on this player in the network. Good luck everyone!
Hello. Sometimes you still need to download: for example, when there is a long flight in an airplane (I just wrote an article after this).
Thank you. you helped a lot! I have been familiar with VLC for a long time and I like this method more)
Please tell me, if the movie was transferred (synchronized) via iTunes (without VLC) and is displayed in the device’s library, does this mean it is in the iPad’s memory? If so, how to remove it from there or how to find it on iPad?
Hello. Yes, it is in the iPad’s memory, but it is deleted, if I’m not mistaken (I can’t check now, but I don’t remember exactly right away), right in the media library itself.
Thank you so much! They helped a lot! The best way to download!
I wanted to upload several videos in this way:
In the “On my device” section, select “Movies” and simply drag the desired video files from the folder on your computer to the list of movies on your device (you can also choose from the “File” menu. “Add file to library”.
And the films are also not transferred, something you do not finish.
Maybe it’s an unsupported format? Then use the VLC method. it plays and transfers everything.
The best way to transfer ANY (.) Files to your tablet is to throw Apple in the trash and switch to Android.
We pull out the memory card from Samsung, insert it into the computer and rewrite everything that is needed))
You are GODS) Thanks for the article. I used Itools before.
rushed to throw films on the road but does not work
This way you really saved me!
Happy New Year, All the best; )
Thank you for the article! everything worked out the first time! the only thing that is bad! so if a bunch of small files they do not play one by one!
Transfer files from computer to iPhone
The principle of transferring data from computer to iPhone will depend on the type of information.
The Retina screen is extremely comfortable to view videos. To, for example, watch a movie without an Internet connection, you will need to spend a little time adding a file. It is noteworthy that with the help of special services, you can transfer videos from a computer without using iTunes. read more in the article at the link below.
To listen to your music collection on your smartphone, you need to transfer the existing audio files from your computer. This can be done in different ways.
Photos and pictures can be transferred from a computer to a smartphone at any time. In this case, as a rule, the user does not need to turn to the help of iTunes, which is necessary to create a connection between the computer and the iPhone.
How to Transfer File from Computer to iPhone
Transfer of documents
Text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and other types of data can also be transferred to an Apple smartphone in various ways.
To transfer files via iTunes, iPhone must have a program that supports portable file format and information sharing. For example, the free Documents app is perfect for this.
- Install on iPhone Documents from the link above. Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your smartphone using a USB cable or Wi-Fi sync. In the upper left corner of iTunes, click on the mobile gadget icon.
On the left side of the window, go to the “Shared Files” tab. To the right, select Documents.
On the right, in the “Documents” column, drag the information.
The information will be transferred, and the changes are immediately saved.
You can also transfer information through the iCloud cloud service and the standard Files application.
- Go to the iCloud website on your computer. You will need to log in to your Apple ID account.
At the top of the window, select the Upload To button. In the explorer that opens, select the file.
The download of files will begin, the duration of which will depend on the size of the information and the speed of your Internet connection.
In addition to iCloud, there are many alternative cloud services: Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, OneDrive and others. Consider the process of transferring information to iPhone via the Dropbox service.
- To quickly exchange information between a computer and a smartphone, both devices must have the Dropbox program installed.
How to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone. iPad. iPod (Without iTunes)!
The synchronization process will begin, which will be indicated by a small blue icon located in the lower left corner of the file. As soon as the transfer to the cloud is completed, you will see an icon with a check mark.
Use the guidelines in this article to easily and quickly transfer different types of information to your iPhone.
How to Transfer Files from Mac to iPhone?
Sync files from Mac to iPhone or iPad
- Connect your device to your Mac.
- In the Finder on your Mac, select a device from the Finder sidebar.
- In the button bar, select Files.
- Drag one or more files from the Finder window onto the application name in the list.
How to Transfer Files from Computer to iPhone over Wi-Fi?
- Connect your computer and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Portal client on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
- Open the official page of the Portal service in a browser on your computer.
- Launch Portal on iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the “Scan” button.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Computer via USB?
You must have an updated version of iTunes. Just click a button and open iTunes on your computer. You should now connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. On the left side of the window, you can see the icon in the mobile image.
How to transfer files from Windows to iPad?
Transfer files between iPad and Windows PC
Click Shared Files, select an application from the list, then do one of the following. Transfer file from iPad to computer. In the list on the right, select the file you want to transfer, click “Save”, select the location of the file and click “Save”.
How to transfer a recording from an iPhone to a computer?
To set up Voice Memos sync, follow these steps:
- Connect iPhone to computer and open iTunes app.
- Press the iPhone 1 button in the iTunes menu. This button appears in iTunes when iPhone is connected.
- Go to the Music 2 section and check the boxes “Sync Music” 3 and “Include voice memos” 4.
How to sync iPhone and iPad without a computer?
- Launch iTunes 10.5 or later
- Connect your phone with a USB cable to your PC and select iPhone in the left panel.
- Go to the “Overview” tab and in the “Options” section, put the marker “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi”, and then click “Apply”.
How to Transfer Photos from Windows to iPhone or iPad
If you have not previously synced your device with iTunes, you will not be able to use Wi-Fi wireless sync in iTunes, and you will need to connect your iPhone with a cable. First of all, make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer in order to proceed with this operation.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Windows computer using the original USB to Lightning (or USB to USB C) cable and open the iTunes app on your computer.
- Click on the iPhone or iPad icon, which is right next to the Music tab, as shown in the screenshot below.
Go to the device page in iTunes
Photo sync must be enabled
Select the folder where your photos are stored
Now, if you go to the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad, you can access all the photos you’ve chosen to sync on your computer.
If you have HEIC photos, you might find this article helpful on how to open it.
However, connecting an iPhone or iPad to a computer over a wire is gradually becoming a thing of the past. If you don’t want to rely on a USB to Lightning cable for transferring content, you can enable Wi-Fi sync in iTunes for wireless transfers. However, for this to work, your PC and iPhone / iPad must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer without iTunes
With services like iCloud, Dropbox, and Google Drive, you no longer need to use iTunes to transfer photos and videos. If you’ve set up iCloud on your Windows PC, you can easily sync all your locally saved photos from iCloud and access them on any Apple device signed in to the same iCloud account within seconds. And if you’re using a Mac, your images are automatically synced to your iPhone and iPad using iCloud.
How to transfer photos from Windows computer to iPhone and iPad
Want to transfer photos that are stored on your Windows computer to your iPhone or iPad? Many of us take pictures with a professional camera and save them on a computer for later processing, but if you want to access them on your mobile device, you need to transfer them to your iPhone or iPad using iTunes first. Yes, someone will say now “Apple has stopped supporting iTunes!”, But on Windows this is still an effective way to move photos.
There are several ways to transfer photos from computer to iPhone or iPad.
Earlier versions of macOS and Windows use iTunes to sync content to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch using a wired or wireless connection. Previously, it was impossible to even activate a device without iTunes, but now everything is much simpler. In macOS Catalina, iTunes moved to Finder; on Windows, many still use it to transfer content to iPhones and iPads.
It should be noted that we will be talking about moving photos from computer to iOS, and not vice versa. You can now transfer photos from iPhone to Windows without iTunes, there are tools built into the operating system for importing images.
Longreads for you
Lost your WhatsApp chat? Want to reply to a WhatsApp message without going online? Here are some useful life hacks of this messenger that will allow you to use all of its capabilities. In general, why aren’t you on Telegram yet??
Today, the developers decided to arrange a mega-sale of cool apps. For example, they give away an application for creating their own widgets for free (you can even
Google has pledged to eliminate the use of advertising IDs in its iOS apps, but the amount of data it collects about users could be seriously alarming. Fortunately, there is salvation from this.
There is also such a thing as iTools, I have been using it for a long time, it is much better than iTunes, because it does not require annoying synchronization after each time you connect your iPhone, you can easily throw music, photos, videos, and so on.
How to transfer photos from a computer to an iPhone via iCareFone
ICareFone program differs from other similar programs in high speed and user-friendly interface. A distinctive feature of the utility is the ability to work directly with a connected device without unnecessary file transfers, i.e. as a regular file manager. This fact greatly simplifies and speeds up the procedure for moving various files between a computer and an iPhone. The utility also provides the ability to back up and restore data, remove junk files, including cache, cookies and temporary application files, fix system errors, determine if the system needs to be updated, and block ads and application banners. At the same time, the manager we need to move files in Tenorshare iCareFone is available to absolutely all users in free mode.
Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. Launch the iCareFone program on your computer.
Select the “control” tab or click the photo (quick access) icon on the home interface.
Select the Import option, select your photos and click Open. To transfer folders of photos, select Import Select Folder, select the folders and click OK.
In iCareFone app, you can import below image formats: png, jpg, jpeg, heic, mov, mp4, m4v and gif. To do this, you need to install the iCareFone app on your iOS device. Open it and allow access to your photos.
After the transfer, you can unlock your iPhone and go to the Photos app
After the drop-down tab appears, you can select a folder (or a subfolder / several subfolders), the photo of which will need to be uploaded to your iPhone.
Select the photos you want in a folder or an entire folder (subfolder / multiple subfolders).
Press the “Apply” button and wait until the process of copying images to your iPhone is complete, after which the photos will be available for viewing and performing other operations on your iPhone.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone
IPhone owners often need to transfer graphics or photos from their computer to their iPhone. Such a need may arise if the owner of the phone wants to always have important or memorable photos at hand, as well as to be able to show certain images to friends, relatives or acquaintances. In this article, we will analyze the possible ways to transfer graphics and photos from computer to iPhone.
How to Transfer Photos from Computer to iPhone using iCloud
ICloud cloud storage is created specifically for owners of Apple devices. This cloud allows the iPhone owner not only to create backup copies of his phone’s data for their subsequent restoration, but also provides ample opportunities for storing a large amount of various files, including graphics and photos, as well as accessing them from any device. In addition, iCloud has two more distinctive features. “find iPhone” (tracking a lost or stolen device) and the ability to distribute the photo taken by your gadget to all your other devices from Apple.
Open the iCloud storage page in your computer’s web browser: https://www.icloud.com/ and sign in with your personal Apple ID.
Click on the “Photos” icon to launch the iCloud Photos app.
Click on the “Download” button. In the left pane of the window that opens, select the folder with the photos you want to copy to iPhone.
Select the necessary photos in the folder and click on the “Open” button in the lower right corner of the window. Wait for the process of copying images to your iPhone to complete.
To display photos on iPhone, you need to activate the “iCloud Library” function as follows: open the “Settings” menu in your phone, select the “iCloud” tab, click on “Photos” and move the slider to the right, activating it.
4.How to Upload Photos from Computer to iPhone via Dropbox
To upload photos from a computer to an iPhone, it is not necessary to contact iCloud, you can also use any other cloud data storage (for example, Google Drive, Yandex Drive, Dropbox, Cloud, etc.), depending on your email account and 9 personal preferences. We will consider this operation using the example of the popular Dropbox cloud. If you want to use another cloud storage, the algorithm of actions will be similar.
Open the Dropbox storage page in your computer’s web browser: https://www.dropbox.com/en/ and sign in with your email address and password, or sign up (if you don’t have a Dropbox account yet). You can work with the program online or download the Dropbox application and install it on your device.
From the menu located on the left pane, select the “My Files” tab. Create a new folder for your photos by clicking on the “New folder” icon in the right pane of the window.
Open the folder and drag the photos you need to copy into it using the left mouse button held down, or upload images by clicking on the “Upload files” button on the right pane of the window. Wait until the process of downloading images is completed (the download process is displayed at the bottom of the window with the remaining time).
Log into your Dropbox account from your phone, using the same identification information, and open the folder with photos you just created. You can download photos to iPhone by clicking the Download button or watch photos directly in the Dropbox cloud.
Thus, you can choose the simplest, most convenient and preferable way for you to transfer photos, as well as if you throw a video from your computer to iPhone. transfer photos from iPhone to computer. download video from iPhone to computer. backup and restore iPhone, etc. We recommend using iCareFone.
Synchronizing your phone with a PC
If you are using an Android mobile device and you need to transfer not only public documents, but also some hidden files, you can sync. This approach is the most complex, but as a result, it will become possible to transfer files in both directions without significant restrictions.
As with Android, thanks to special software, you can sync your iPhone with your computer. We talked about this in more detail in one of the instructions.
How to Transfer From Computer to iPhone. No iTunes (Fastest Way)
Transferring Files to iPhone
If you own an iPhone, there are more data transfer methods available to you. over, many of them directly depend on the file format.
You can also use iTunes for constant synchronization.
Thanks to this method, you can transfer documents from PC to smartphone memory directly, ignoring the need to use external storage. This may require additional software.
Once you have established a connection between your computer and mobile device, follow the steps in the previous method. After that, the documents can be viewed and used using any convenient file manager.
Transfer files from computer to phone
There are many situations that require you to transfer some data to the phone memory. As part of this article, we will talk about all the current methods of transferring files to mobile devices.
Many modern Android phones are equipped with additional storage. a slot for connecting a memory card. The drive itself is universal and allows you to connect not only to a smartphone, but also to a computer.
Note: Sometimes the phone can format the memory card so that the PC cannot read data from it.
- First you need to connect the memory card to the PC, guided by our instructions.
Read more: Connecting a memory card to a PC or laptop
In advance, copy the necessary files to the PC to the clipboard by selecting them and pressing the key combination “CtrlC”.
After that, using Windows Explorer, open the connected drive, navigate to the folder you need and paste the documents by pressing “CtrlV” on the keyboard.
This approach is the most straightforward compared to other options.
Transferring files from PC to phone
You can send files from your computer regardless of the version of Windows installed. In this case, in some cases, you may need an Internet connection or special programs.
Sending over the network
The easiest method to transfer files from computer to phone is through cloud storage. For these purposes, any web service convenient for you is perfect, be it Cloud @, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive or Yandex Disk.
As for the transfer process itself. you just need to download the document from the PC version, and then download it on your mobile device.
As an alternative to cloud storage, you can resort to using an e-mail box. However, for these purposes, you will need two accounts at once, of which you will need to log in on your PC and phone.
Regardless of the method chosen, a detailed study of the instructions minimizes the possibility of difficulties. If you still do not understand something, we will be happy to help in the comments.