How to transfer data from iPhone to computer
Using iTunes to copy media
To transfer media files from iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, Apple Support recommends using iTunes. The current version of the program is available on the official Apple website. In addition, the application will receive updates automatically (you can turn it off in the settings).
In fact, Apple’s software for Windows and Linux contains the drivers and tools needed to work with files stored in memory. The procedure for connecting to a PC looks like this:
- Download and install the current version of the application from the Apple website;
- Wait until the installation and update of the software is completed;
- Connect a device containing the necessary information via USB or Wi-Fi;
- Allow connection in pop-up notification;
- Wait for the end of synchronization and creation of a backup copy of the device;
- Start importing media files into memory using built-in Windows or Mac OS tools.
Unlike the first method, connecting using Apple’s proprietary service allows you to copy photos, videos, voice recorders, contacts, notes and other important information from the iPhone to your computer. In the future, when changing the device, the user will be able to restore all the necessary data with one key.
Ways to Transfer Information from iPhone to Computer
At the moment, there are several ways to copy information from the device’s memory to a PC running MacOS or Windows:
Transfer Files From iPhone To PC | iOS Data Transfer to Windows PC or Mac (2020). EaseUS MobiMover
- Data transfer via USB without third-party software;
- Using Apple’s iTunes service;
- Backing up information in the iCloud cloud.
How to Transfer data or any video from iPhone to windows laptop/PC and vise-versa
In addition, there are a number of alternatives in the form of third-party cloud storage and social networks.
Transfer Data from iPhone via USB
If you need to transfer a photo to a computer and nothing more, just connect the device to a PC via USB. Without third-party software, iPhone and iPad will show up as media storage. In this case, you can copy photos and videos taken directly to your phone or tablet. For this it is enough:
- Insert the Lightning connector into the port of the gadget;
- Connect USB to a free PC socket;
- Wait until the drivers are installed;
- Allow access to a new device (notification on the screen);
- Find the files you want in the appropriate folder.
The USB connection has several advantages:
- High speed of data transfer;
- The ability to “recharge” the phone.
It should be noted that in the absence of iTunes, the user gets access to photo and video materials and will not be able to make a “backup” (backup) in case the device is out of order.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Computer?
By introducing the first generation iPhone to the public, Steve Jobs has revolutionized the mobile market. Soon, the line of mobile devices was replenished with a truly unique tablet PC iPad. Together with the iMac and MacBook, the Americans managed to create an “apple” ecosystem, where all gadgets are interconnected and complement each other.
But alas, not everyone is happy with the prospect of a “transition” to a completely different operating system. According to statistics, more than 80% of iPhone owners use the device in tandem with PCs and laptops running Microsoft Windows. And when buying an “apple” phone, an ordinary user does not even think about how to transfer data from an iPhone to a computer. Can I download photos without using third-party software? How to use iTunes to copy media? Why did Apple implement iCloud and how to work with the cloud service? ILikeService experts have collected the most necessary and useful information for you!
Transferring Data from iPhone Using iCloud
Also, you can upload pictures and videos to a PC using the “Photos” function, implemented in the cloud service “iCloud”. With proper setup, new pictures and videos will be added to the appropriate folder and will be available on all gadgets linked to your Apple ID account. In addition, you can also access files from the cloud storage on a Windows-based PC. the service is available as a desktop application and a browser version.
To copy information, it is enough:
- Connect all devices to a single Apple ID;
- Enable the “iCloud Photo” function in the iPhone settings (Enable iCloud Photo Settings);
- Set up access on Mac or Windows by following the instructions in the apps.
After synchronization and copying to the memory of the cloud server, access to the files will open on all devices linked to one account or connected to “Family Sharing”, which unites up to 6 Apple IDs of all family members. So, photos and videos will be displayed on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Apple TV, Mac and MacBook, as well as Windows. In addition, you can enter the cloud from Android smartphones using the web version of the storage.
The main advantage of this method is the ability to free up memory, which is important for older models of Apple devices. At the same time, files deleted from the phone can be restored at any time. Among the shortcomings, it is worth noting the need for a constant connection to the network, which makes it useless when used in areas with a weak signal. However, iCloud will start copying information as soon as the phone connects to Wi-Fi.
Transferring via cloud storage
You can view your photos in iCloud (and you can save not only photos) without using an iPhone.
Install the iCloud utility on the PC. Installation is simple, similar to most other programs. Once launched, click on the item in the upper right corner. Recover from iCloud Backup File.
Enter your Apple ID and password, and then click the arrow next to the password input field.
After checking the correctness of the information entered, the program will issue backups that have been linked to your account. Download the desired one by clicking Download next to it.
After downloading, you will have the opportunity to view the entire amount of data, including photos.
To recover photos, right-click on the directory containing them and select Recover checker, which will restore all files.
This method will work if there is at least one backup in the cloud.
How to transfer (transfer) photos from iPhone to Windows and Mac using iTunes, iCloud and other programs
IPhone smartphones are renowned for their camera quality. In order to upload your pictures to a computer running Windows, you will need to do the following.
We connect the iPhone to the USB port of a PC or laptop using the USB cable usually included in the kit.
After a short time, the drivers will be automatically installed and the device will be detected.
There are 2 ways to reset your photos.
First. right-click on the smartphone icon and select “Import images and videos”.
In the window that opens, take your time to import your files. The first step is to open Advanced Options.
Here you should set up the directory where the pictures will be uploaded.
Then we confirm Ok and Next.
In the next window, you can uncheck the boxes from those photos that do not need to be dropped on the PC, and then click Import.
Photos are saved in the directory of your choice.
After completing the procedure, the folder will automatically open.
The second way is to open subfolders by double-clicking on the phone icon. Usually images are saved in a folder named DCIM.
Just copy the necessary images from there, highlight them and copy them to the PC.
We drop it through the mail
To take off pictures from your “apple” gadget, you can use e-mail, of course, for this, it must be configured on the iPhone.
Go to the Photos app and select the picture you want.
Click on the arrow icon in the lower left corner, and then Next.
There you will see an icon called “Mail”, by clicking on it the photo will be attached to the email.
At the next stage, enter the address of your e-mail box where the letter will be sent.
Click the “Send” button, then on your computer you can easily download the attached files by opening the corresponding letter.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac OS
Everything naturally starts in the same way as the previous method when connected via a USB cable. Further, the algorithm looks like this.
- After connecting, open the image capture utility, which is preinstalled on any device with Mac OS and is located in the “Applications” section.
- In the window that opens, you need to select your device.
- At the bottom, select the folder to which you want to move the images.
- Select the set of images to be transferred. You can select a group of files at once by pressing “Command” and clicking the desired images or select the same group, but located without breaks in a single column, by pressing “Shift” and two clicks on the upper and lower files in this group.
- Click “Import” and wait for the process to finish.
Transferring content between iPhone and PC is pretty easy and can be done whenever you want.
If certain difficulties arise, then you should make sure of the correctness of the actions and once again carefully study this article.
From the above, it becomes clear that the iPhone has excellent synchronization with other devices from Apple, and there is a lot of open source software for working in Windows.
Using iTunes via USB cable
ITunes is a versatile product that lets you control your iPhone, create copies, quickly customize desktops and icons, create new playlists, and more. But with it you can also throw off photos. To do this, open iTunes on your computer. If you don’t have it, download it from the official Apple website.
Next, connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. If the system requires permission to trust this PC, allow it. The program will automatically detect your device and display it as a phone icon in the upper left corner of iTunes. Full information about your model, charging level will also be presented here.
To copy a photo from iPhone to your computer, you need to click on the icon of your phone, select the “Photos” tab on the side and put a checkmark in front of the “Synchronize” tab at the bottom.
Next, select the directory where the photos will be synchronized and click the “Apply” button. The system will automatically copy the data to the specified folder and open it. That’s it, this is the end of the transfer procedure.!
Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using Image Capture
Without working with iPhoto, an inexperienced user may have difficulties, because the connected device, as many are accustomed to, is not displayed as a removable storage medium.
You can transfer photos using the Image Capture utility. You don’t have to download it from anywhere, it is included in the system built-in and is already on the computer.
And with its help, it is easy to copy the photos you want to your computer or other device.
To use the Image Transfer Utility, follow a few simple steps:
- Run the Image Capture utility. You can find it using SpotLight-search engine by entering the appropriate name.
- In the left part of the program window that opens, you will see a list of devices connected to the computer. Click on the name of your iPhone.
- In the main part of the window, all the images available on your smartphone will appear, and various actions with them will also be available. You can work with files as with files in a regular folder, copy and delete. Using the “Import All” button, you can transfer all photos at the same time.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to iTunes
You may need to transfer all data from iPhone to iTunes in a variety of cases. Most often, users have such a need when buying a new iPhone, on which they need to throw off all the contents of the old device. iTunes then becomes a transit point. Details on how to transfer all data from iPhone to iTunes are described in this instruction.
How to Transfer All Data from iPhone to iTunes
Connect iPhone to computer and launch iTunes. In the event that iTunes is not installed on your computer, download the latest version of the utility from the official Apple website.
Select the device in the iTunes window.
On the “Browse” tab, which opens by default, check the box next to “This PC” and click “Create a copy now”.
Advice! If you want to back up your iPhone not on the system drive, then you can find out how to do this in this instruction.
iTunes will begin the backup process on your computer. The following content is saved in the copy:
- Device settings.
- Information about installed applications and their settings.
- History of text messages including iMessage. Important! Successful recovery of iMessage, SMS and MMS messages requires a SIM card to use when creating a backup.
- Home screen layout and app order.
- Health app data.
- Media library (photo and video).
- Purchase history from the App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store.
- HomeKit Device Settings.
Select the menu item “File” → “Devices” → “Move purchases from [device_name]”. Wait for the sync to finish. Its duration depends on the number of purchases made on the mobile device.
Ready! You can check the successful transfer of data from iPhone to iTunes in the menu “Edit” → “Preferences →” Devices “. The field “Backups of devices” should display a backup with the current date.
Transferring information using iCloud
Using iCloud to sync data is one of the easiest ways to get your purchased phone ready for everyday use. It is only important to take into account the fact that a new smartphone must have a SIM card installed.
Before porting data, you must create a backup copy of it in the phone’s memory. To do this, connect your old iPhone to the network using Wi-Fi. You also need an Apple ID account. Now you can start directly creating a copy.
- Open the device settings menu.
- Find the item “iCloud” there.
- “Backup copy”.
- Switch the “iCloud Backup” slider to the active position.
- Click “Create Backup”.
- Wait for the end of the process without disconnecting the device from the Internet.
When the copy is finished, you can start transferring data to the new device.
- Start a new smartphone. A window with greetings in different languages should appear (if the device has not been configured yet). If the screen does not appear (that is, the device is already configured), then you need to reset the settings to the factory settings. Instructions for resetting the settings are below.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network, connect to it.
- Next, customize your smartphone to your liking until the item “Programs and data” appears, in it select the line “Restore from a copy of iCloud”.
- Sign in to iCloud using your Apple ID account information.
- Select the copy of the data you need. To select, you can navigate by the date of its creation.
- Wait for the end of the data download process without disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
If you need to restore the settings to factory settings, then do the following sequence of actions.
- Open the settings.
- Go to “General”. “Reset”. “Erase Content and Settings”.
Transferring data via iTunes
In this method, you will also need to use a computer.
- Connect your old phone to your computer.
- Launch iTunes. If an outdated version of the program is installed on the computer, then you need to update it.
- Create a backup by clicking on the “Create a copy now” button in the “Browse” item of the device settings in iTunes.
- Wait for the end of the copy creation process.
Next, you need to transfer the copy to a new device.
- Start a new device. Settings should be reset to factory defaults. (The welcome screen should appear. If not, refer to the last instructions in the previous paragraph).
- Customize your new phone to your liking until the Apps & Data screen appears.
- Select “Recover from iTunes Copy”.
- Connect your new smartphone to a PC that has a backup of your old device.
- Select a new device in iTunes.
- “Recover from copy”.
- Select the copy you need (navigate by date).
- Once the restore is complete, you can complete the setup of the new device.
Using the Quick Start feature
If the old and new devices have versions of the operating system iOS 11 or higher, then you can use the “Quick Start” function.
- Put your old and new devices side by side.
- Start a new device (settings should be reset to factory defaults).
- Select the language on your new phone.
- When a notification about “Quick start” appears on a new device, a window about synchronization with a new smartphone should be displayed on the old one.
- Please confirm. Quick Start prompts you to use your Apple ID to set up. If the continue setup button is not pressed, turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
- The animation should appear on the new iPhone. Press the back covers of the smartphones together and wait for the message about the end of the process.
It is important to keep the devices as close to each other as possible so that the data transfer process goes without errors.
It is advisable to keep the Wi-Fi connection active throughout the entire process and make sure the smartphones are more than half charged beforehand. These two actions allow the iPhone to load photos, applications, music and more into memory at one time.
How to Transfer Data to New iPhone. All Methods
If you are considering this article, congratulations, most likely you have become the owner of a brand new iPhone and are just getting to grips with the functionality of the desired acquisition. The initial question that needs to be resolved now is transferring all data, contacts and settings from your old device. In this article, we will analyze the question of how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in simple and convenient ways.
Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone
Depending on your convenience, you can use one of the instructions below to transfer data from one device to another.
Thus, transferring data from one iPhone to another is easy. You just need to choose the most convenient transfer method and perform a series of simple actions. successful settings!
How to Reset Data from iPhone to Computer
Users who actively use Apple gadgets are interested in how to transfer data from iPhone to computer so as not to lose it. The files that need to be saved are most often photos, books, music and videos. Transferring data from a smartphone to a PC solves two problems: it saves phone memory and ensures the safety of information. There are 4 ways to do this, we will consider them in the material.
This utility is similar in function to iTunes, it works in a similar way. When using it, you will need:
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 13/13 mini/13 Pro/Pro Max (without Computer)
- connect the phone via USB to the computer;
- activate “Backup”;
- wait until the files are saved.
Copying Data Using iTunes
This is the first method to ensure that documents are copied to a computer and that they are kept safe. Using this utility, the question of how to transfer data from iPhone to computer is solved in several ways.
- Creating a backup. In this case, you save the files and settings of the gadget, later having the opportunity to restore the system. This is done like this:
- open iTunes;
- go to “Device parameters”;
- click “Create a backup” by checking the box “On the computer“.
- Synchronization of data. It should be noted that when using this method, you save files, but if they are deleted on a computer or phone, they will also disappear on the second device. Follow the instructions to complete:
- download, install and open iTunes on your computer;
- connect the device via USB;
- log in to Apple ID;
- go to “Options”, section “Overview” and open information about the device;
- then put a tick in front of the item “Synchronize with this iPhone via Wi-Fi”.
After that, when connected to the Internet, the phone will automatically sync with the computer, and you will not lose any files. But when you delete documents from iTunes, they will disappear from the iPhone the next time you connect.
Copying data via iCloud
Let’s take a look at how to reset information from iPhone to computer via iCloud. In this case, you will transfer the files to the cloud storage, from where you can download them at the right time. This is done like this:
- open “Settings”;
- go to iCloud;
- activate the function “Backup”, then “Create a copy”.
The files will be copied to the cloud and can be restored at any time. Also, the backup can be deleted.
In addition to using Apple’s accessibility features, you can transfer information to your PC by connecting your smartphone via a USB cable. When the connection is established, the iPhone will be treated as a storage device by the computer. It will be possible to download files from the smartphone gallery.
If you are interested in other ways, you can also use third-party programs. For example, download to a Google or Yandex.Disk gadget, upload all files to it and download them to your computer. But note that you can only copy photos, videos, text documents, but not system documents. You can copy information not only to a desktop device, but also transfer data from iPhone to iPhone.