Fast transfer of all data from one iPhone to another can be done with a direct connection without using the cloud You can also use two methods. The first is the transfer of information over a Wi-Fi network. The second is using a Lightning to USB 3 adapter and a regular charging cable. In the second case, we connect one end of the Lightning to USB3 cable to one iPhone. To connect the second device, we use a USB charging cable and a free port on the adapter.
ATTENTION! Both devices must have an iOS version of at least 12.4.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and bring it closer to the new one. If you will be using a cable connection, then use the diagram that I described just above. We select the item “Quick start”.
- Further steps will be approximately the same as in the previous method. First, you need to verify your Apple ID. Then perform quick authentication using animation. Enter the PIN and password for the account. And at the very end, we transfer the application settings.
This is the easiest way to transfer data and all information between two iPhones. You will need about 5-10 minutes, so it is better to choose free time. Also, the old device must have an iOS system of at least version 11.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the old device and put it next to the new one.
- Now we turn on the new device.
- Next, you should see the Quick Start window. Make sure your Apple ID is correct before clicking Continue.
- An animation will appear on the new device. You need to hold the old phone over the new one. Next, wait for the completion message. If nothing works, just perform “Manual Authentication”. there is nothing complicated there, just follow the instructions.
- Now on the new iPhone, enter the passcode that was on the old one. The most commonly used 4-digit numeric code.
- Setting up “Face ID” or “Touch ID”.
- Now you will need to authenticate your Apple ID account. enter the password from it.
- Next, you will be prompted to configure all currently installed programs on the new device, as on the old phone. All this is done through the iCloud cloud.
How to Transfer All Information from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud without Computer
Hello everyone! Today in the article we will briefly talk about how to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with iOS 11. There are several ways, so we will start with the simplest. I also highly recommend reading the instructions carefully. If you have any questions, then ask them in the comments.
ATTENTION! During data recovery, never turn off the devices, or disconnect them from the Wi-Fi network or from the cable when connecting directly.
Transferring a backup
You can transfer all settings from iPhone to iPhone using a backup. True, the second device should be new or should not be configured or tied to any of the Apple accounts. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sync your account. To erase all information on the old or new phone, go to the items: “Settings”. “General”. “Reset”. “Erase content and settings”. enter the password from Apple ID to confirm the operation.
- We turn on the new phone. Further, there is nothing complicated, we act according to the instructions, up to the item “WI-FI network settings”. We select your home or any network you know, enter the password to connect to it. Select “Recover from iCloud Copy”.
- Enter your Apple account details by entering your ID and account keys.
- Selecting the current backup by date.
- Updating iOS to the latest version.
- Setting up the iTunes Store or App Store.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
Recover data from iTunes using a computer
You can transfer settings, photos, files and all other data using iTunes. The most important thing is that the new device is not tied to any of the Apple accounts. To remove and clean an iPhone or iPad. look at the beginning of the previous method.
- We turn on the new iPhone or iPad to copy data to it. We act according to the proposed steps until the “Applications and data” window appears. select “Restore from Mac or PC with Windows”.
- We connect to a computer, laptop or Mac book, on which iTunes is already installed with the downloaded backup from the first device.
- Opening iTunes or Finder on PC.
- We select the required backup. look by the download date. You may also need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Updating iOS on a new smartphone.
- We are waiting for the process to end.
Why connect iPhone to computer via USB
In addition to transferring data, an iPhone connected to a PC allows you to perform the following tasks:
- Synchronize your device with iTunes. This utility allows you to easily transfer multimedia (videos, photos, music, and so on) data from a computer to a smartphone and vice versa. over, if the format of the video or picture is not suitable for viewing the content on the device, iTunes will offer to format the file for an iPhone or personal computer.
- Create backups for information stored in the internal memory of the device. The fact is that if you constantly overwrite some files on the iPhone, then sooner or later conflicts may arise and this or that program will simply refuse to work. In order not to have to reinstall the application or completely “demolish” the operating system, you can use “rollback”. just load backup copies of data from your computer.
- Improving the operation of the gadget and its OS. A device like the iPhone does not allow its owners to easily make changes to system files (for example, add lines to the program code or “overclock” the graphics card). However, this can be done by connecting the device to a stationary computer and using special utilities. relevant only for experienced IT specialists.
- Restoring or updating the operating system. Downloading gigabytes of files from the Internet in order to make minor changes to iOS is not a pleasant task, since it takes a lot of time and resources. However, if you connect the device to a computer with high-speed Internet, then the task becomes much easier. Well, in case of any problems, you can simply “roll back” the system by restoring a backup copy of the data.
These are the main reasons why people usually connect iPhone to their PC or laptop. It is also worth noting that in some cases such an action can replace recharging the device (for example, if the charger’s power supply is broken). Such information will not make life much easier, but keep it in your head in case of an emergency (suddenly the phone runs out of power, and only USB and a laptop will be at hand).
Also you can restore data through iTunes backup:
- On the unactivated phone, insert the SIM and follow the instructions of the setup wizard. On activated. reset the phone to the basic parameters (instructions above).
- When the “Programs and Data” screen appears, click on “Restore from iTunes Copy”.
- Connect your new iPhone to a PC or laptop with the program installed.
- Launch iTunes and select the new iPhone.
- Click “Restore from a copy”, and specify the current version of the backup, focusing on the date and amount of backup. If required, enter the password.
- Finish setup and restore.
Try not to unplug the USB cable during recovery.
Setting up iCloud on a smartphone
First, you should pick up your smartphone and do the following:
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Scroll through the page with options until you find the “iCloud” item. You need to go here with a tap on the tab.
- In the section that appears, you need to set a selection next to the applications, information from which should be synchronized.
It is possible to transfer even though all the data, but you need to take into account the amount of storage on the cloud.
How to sync data through a third-party program?
There is a way to sync not through the original iTunes application, but using a third-party program. Most often, the popular iFunBox application is used for synchronization. It gained popularity due to the lack of various restrictions, in particular, iFunBox supports two-way synchronization.
to load the iFunBox. The application is distinguished by its simple operation with different systems of various OS. Supports even transferring data in any direction from a flash drive. Another useful feature of the program is that you can initiate the installation of applications from the App Store on an iPhone from a PC.
As stated earlier, there are several ways to connect your iPhone to your computer. If you choose a USB cable, you will also have several methods at your disposal to make changes to the internal and external memory of the device. Each method has both its advantages and disadvantages, so we decided to briefly talk about them, and also leave a small instruction on how to connect to a PC. All the information you are interested in can be found in the following sections.
How to Transfer All Data from Old iPhone to New
The saved backup must be correctly transferred to the new model. In order not to lose information, use proprietary means from Apple. There are three methods to help you quickly transfer data from your backup to iPhone. Let’s analyze the strengths and weaknesses of technologies.
PhD in ripped jeans. I am writing my doctoral thesis on Mac, I keep my iPhone in my hands, I talk about technology and life.
About third-party programs and Bluetooth
Do not use third-party computer software to perform the transfer. Firstly, this does not make any sense, everything can be done with the functions described above. these are official ways. Secondly, there is a high probability of losing your personal data, since often such software is malicious and it is not clear where your Apple ID or photos can get.
Only certain content can be transferred via Bluetooth, for example, contacts or photos. You can read how it works in the article. how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
What will be carried over to the new iPhone
Using the methods described below, the following content will be transferred to the new smartphone:
- Phone book
- Applications that were installed
- Notes, calendars, voicemail, and wherever you are
- Photos, if their synchronization is not enabled separately in the settings
- Health information
- Passwords and keychains
Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Quick Start
The function works on devices with IOS version 11 and higher. At the same time, two phones should be in your hands, since the transfer will be carried out directly.
On the receiving iPhone, you need to do a full reset, otherwise you simply won’t be able to transfer the data. If you have not turned on the phone yet, then you do not need to reset.
Open the settings, go to the “General” section, then open the “Reset” menu item and click on “Erase content and settings”. If asked to enter a code word. do it.
When you turn it on for the first time, you need to go to the settings stage (after selecting the language and region). Here you will be able to use the “Quick Start” function.
Bring the old iPhone to the new one, as close as possible, an information message will appear on its screen. click on the “Continue / Next” button.
You will be asked to point the camera of the old smartphone at the screen of the new one to confirm the action. Next, you will need to enter the password code also from the old iPhone. The transfer will begin, after which all that remains is to do the initial setup of the new iPhone. This method is as simple and fast as possible.
Important! Do not interrupt the process, do not put the old phone away while there is a message on it stating that the transfer is still in progress. Otherwise, everything will have to start over.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iTunes
This option is suitable for those who cannot use the Quick Start feature and want to transfer data that exceeds their free iCloud space. ITunes must be installed on the computer.
Important! To avoid errors in the process. connect a wire no longer than 1 meter and preferably into the blue USB port of version 3.0.
Connect the iPhone to be copied to your computer and launch the program. Click on the icon of your phone, the “Overview” section should be open in the left column. In the right window, click on the “Create a copy now” button. Wait for the process to finish.
The new device must also be zeroed, reset the iPhone to factory settings, as we discussed in the first chapter. You can of course not do it, turn off the locator function in the settings and just click on the restore button in the program, but it’s easier to do just the reset.
When you turn on for the first time, go to the menu for choosing where you want to restore your device from. Connect iPhone to PC and launch iTunes. If prompted to make the device trusted. do it.
Select the option with iTunes on your smartphone, it may also be called “From Mac or PC from Windows”. Next, indicate that you want to restore from the copy and the copy itself. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! If the copy was encrypted, you will be asked for a password. do so. Plus, when restoring a copy from Tunes, even those applications that are no longer in the App Store will be restored.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone. Via iCloud
We will transfer all the information from the icloud cloud to the new smartphone from the iPhone backup. In time, everything will take about the same as in the method described above.
On the phone from which data will be transferred, open the settings and go to your account by clicking on your name. Next, open the section “iCloud“.
Here go to the “Backup” section and activate this function, immediately make a new copy.
The receiving iPhone should also be reset to factory settings if you’ve used it before. Do it as described in the previous chapter.
After enabling, you will be prompted to restore from iTunes or iCloud. select iCloud. Next, enter the data from your account on which the backup was made and wait for the process to finish.
Interesting! I also recommend that you read the material. Transferring Contacts from iPhone to iPhone. There are detailed ways to do this as easily and quickly as possible.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone: All Methods
There are several easy ways to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone. Apple has made this process as easy as possible for users.
Using them, you can quickly copy everything that is stored on your current smartphone to a new one, and even the settings will be transferred.
In the previous article, we examined in detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. Now we will analyze in no less detail all possible ways of how to transfer data from one iPhone to another, for example, from the old to the new one as simply and quickly as possible. The instruction will be with explanatory pictures to make it easier for you to understand. Also you can use it for iPad tablet.
Usually, the entire copying process does not take more than ten minutes, but, of course, everything will depend on the amount of content, so in some cases it may take more time.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New without iCloud and iTunes
When the setup screen appears on your new iPhone, hold your old iPhone close to it. On your old iPhone, the Quick Start screen appears. Click “Continue” and log in with Touch ID or Face ID.
To pair smartphones, you need to scan the screen of the new smartphone with the old one. If the camera on your old smartphone does not work, you can log in manually.
Enter the passcode from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. After that, set up Face ID / Touch ID on your new smartphone.
You can now transfer your data from your old iPhone or use iCloud to recover from a backup. The time it will take to complete the process will be indicated next to both options.
Select the Transfer from iPhone option. To use wired data transfer, select options at the bottom of the screen.
Continue the setup process and the data transfer process will begin. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two.
Do not move smartphones away from each other until the process is complete.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New via iTunes
If you have an Apple Watch, you need to unlink the watch from your old iPhone before starting the process. In addition, if two-factor authentication is enabled on your old iPhone, you need to add another trusted device. This way you can verify your Apple ID while setting up your new iPhone.
- Make sure you have the latest available version of iTunes installed. You can update the program through the “Software Update” section on Mac, or download it from the Apple website.
- Connect your old iPhone to your computer with a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes, and then select your connected iPhone in it by clicking on the icon with it at the top of the window.
- In the Browse section, find the part with backups, then select “This computer” and be sure to check the box next to “Encrypt local copy”.
- Now select “Back Up Now” to save a new backup of your old smartphone. Let the process finish.
- Now turn on your new iPhone and start setting it up until you get to the Apps & Data screen.
- Select “Recover from a copy of iTunes” and then connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
- A screen will appear in the iTunes window with setting up a new smartphone, on it click “Restore from this copy”, and then select the just saved copy of your old device.
- The recovery process will begin, which may take some time depending on how much data you have. It takes about an hour for every 100 GB.
- When the process is complete, finish setting up your new iPhone and then you can start using it.
All your data, messages, notes, photos, videos, movies, contacts, health data, settings, etc. will be successfully transferred to your brand new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro.
Remember to use an encrypted copy to transfer health information, saved passwords, and other important data as well. If you do not check the box next to this option, this data will have to be re-entered manually.
What you need to know about the Migration utility
- To start the migration process, simply bring your old iPhone to your new iPhone. Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on both devices.
- The process takes place wirelessly, but if you wish, you can use a Lightning cable with a suitable adapter for wired data transfer.
- You must have the same Apple ID on your new and old iPhone.
- If you have a lot of data, the process can take a couple of hours.
- You can transfer not only your data, but also system settings.
- You will receive a notification prompting you to automatically pair your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
- All your apps will be downloaded from the App Store, so you need a reliable internet connection.
- Your old and new iPhone must have iOS 12.4 or newer.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro
Got a brand new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro and want to transfer data from your old iPhone to them? This can be done quite easily in several different ways.
How to Transfer iCloud Backup to New iPhone
Until last year, there were only two ways to transfer data from an old iPhone to a new one: iCloud and iTunes. The first was to create an iCloud copy and restore from it while setting up a new iPhone. For the second, you need to connect your old iPhone to a computer with iTunes, create a copy of it, and then restore a new iPhone from this copy.
However, in iOS 12.4 Apple introduced a new Migration utility that makes the process even easier. If you have access to your old iPhone, we recommend using this method, because it is faster and more convenient than others.
To use iCloud to transfer data, you need fast internet access and a lot of free storage space. The iTunes method does not have such restrictions, but it requires access to a computer. However, these methods do not require direct access to the old iPhone. You can save a copy of the device before selling, and after it restore your new iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11.
How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New via iCloud
- Enter your Apple ID and password. Accept the terms and conditions.
- You will see a list of your backups. Select the last one and wait for the restore to complete. The process will take some time, depending on the amount of your data and the speed of the Internet.
- When the restore is complete, your iPhone will restart and then you can start using it. We advise you to connect your device to iTunes to sync music, videos, applications and other data that was not in the copy.
Now you can start using your brand new iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11. Old iPhone can be completely reset and cleaned.