Galaxy S10/S10/S10E: HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOT (3 WAYS)
How to take a long screenshot on a Samsung smartphone with Android 9 Pie?
The procedure of taking a screenshot on a Samsung smartphone has already been described in an article on our site. But with the release of the next update version of the Operating System Android 9 Pie manufacturers of Samsung smartphones in the settings of mobile devices have made changes that now allow you to make a long screenshot on a number of models of Galaxy series.
The “screenshot” function on the phone was very popular, and sometimes it’s just indispensable. It is very convenient to use when reconfiguring a smartphone, when you need to constantly refer to all kinds of instructions, of which the Internet is full. But it’s very inconvenient to reconfigure the phone, jumping from a smartphone Settings page to the Internet page, and the Internet will “eat up” your bandwidth in the process. Therefore it is very convenient to save such instructions in the phone memory in the form of screenshots. screenshot. “screenshot”, t.е. “copies of the screen”).
But we must honestly admit that most often in anticipation of the holidays, many people are looking for “special instructions” on cooking dishes, called “recipes” to create a truly festive mood in the family and to please their loved ones with a new dish. And recipes on the Internet, especially now, are lavishly packed with photos, which is very convenient in mastering a new dish.
Other ways to take a screenshot on Android Samsung
Samsung makes quite a few different devices. Some models may have different functions, and even seemingly identical options sometimes work differently. It would seem that a screenshot on Android Samsung should have a single way, but no.
One of the rarest options for creating a screenshot for Samsung-branded smartphones concerns owners of devices that support the Edge panel. So, to take a quality photo of the screen, you’ll need:
- Open the menu.
- Go to the display settings.
- Find “Curved Screen”.
- Activate the items that enable Edge support, as well as the backlight of this panel.
Now that all the sliders are activated, you can return to the home screen. There will be a vertical highlight bar on the right side of your screen. You need to drag it from right to left. Then you need to go to the settings (the icon is at the bottom left), and then select “Select and Save.
Now the user can fully use the Edge panel. It allows you to take a screenshot by simply pulling the bar back and selecting the appropriate function. But it can do more than that. With it you can shoot short gif-videos and much more.
Note! This is an excellent tool that allows you to fully work with the screen of the device. For example, you can select an area or shape of the future screenshot.
If this method was not suitable, you can use special applications, with which it is easy to understand how to take a screenshot on Android on a Samsung phone. As an example:
- Screenshot Touch. A small but very functional application. Allows you to create scrollable screenshots without unnecessary manipulation. The format of the image: JPG or PNG to choose from. There is a function to shoot video with adjustable recording quality and frame rate;
- Screen Master. The app creates a small ball that moves across the screen. To create a screenshot, you just need to click on it. The program also allows you to edit the image, apply blur, pixelize it. A convenient zoom function is implemented;
- Touchshot. Convenient snapshot program. In addition to a widget to manage and multiple learning screens, it provides a very convenient way to take a screenshot by just shaking it the first time. The built-in editor supports a limited number of functions. However, it is possible to overlay text and draw simple geometric shapes. There is a video recording with adjustable quality and frame rate.
For your information! If none of the methods worked, it is likely that the phone has custom firmware. In this case, you should check the notification panel and just hold down the shutdown button longer. Then after a few seconds, you may see a menu with a screenshot feature. You may also need to roll back to factory settings if the unlicensed system has started to conflict with the proprietary hardware.
This is a special device of Samsung smartphones with which you can take a screenshot by sliding the palm of your hand across the screen.
Open the Advanced Features section.
Take a screenshot by sliding your palm across the screen from left to right or right to left.
Pretty interesting way, isn’t it?? A pity, it is not present on all Samsung smartphones.
How to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone step by step instructions
On Samsung Galaxy mobile devices screenshots are made with one of three key combinations. Which one is used depends on the year of manufacture of the model. Otherwise, the image capture procedure is the same: a click sounding like the camera shutter clicks and the display turns white for a split second as the screenshot is taken. A notification will appear in the notification area, and a screenshot thumbnail will be displayed.
On some of the first Samsung smartphones (Galaxy S and others)
For older devices, such as the first-generation Samsung Galaxy S, the following key combination was invented to create screen shots: “Home” “Back.”.
On older Samsung phones (Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 and most Galaxy Note devices)
With the release of the Samsung Galaxy S2 model, the key combination was replaced with another. This has become the main button and has been used on all Samsung phones and tablets produced by the South Korean company for many years. until 2018. Therefore, for the vast majority of Samsung devices, the procedure is as follows: to take a screenshot, you must simultaneously press and hold down the lock key and the home button.
On Samsung’s “frameless” smartphones (Galaxy S8 and S9, Note 8 and 9, A6, A7, A8 and A9 2018 releases, as well as many others)
Samsung smartphones released after 2018, as a rule, do not have a hardware “Home” button, so the company’s engineers had to resort to changing the combination of keys, designed to capture images from the screen. But why reinvent the wheel, when you can use the familiar to the majority of users combination of buttons? It has been approved, which means that to take a screenshot on any “Frameless” smartphone Samsung Galaxy just press and hold for a few seconds the power button and the volume down key.
On new Samsung phones (Galaxy A11, A21, A21s, A31, A41, A51, A71, M11, M21, M31, M31s, M51, S10, S20, Note 10, Note 20 and others)
Three different combinations of keys Samsung developers have not limited. The thing is that on 2020 smartphones the lock button is responsible for calling the voice assistant Bixby, and not a separate physical key, which was equipped with the Galaxy S8, S9, Note 8, 9 and other models. For example, Samsung Galaxy S10, S20, Note 10, Note 20, A31, A41, A51, A71, M21, M31, M51 and many other smartphones lack the Bixby button, and its functions have been reassigned to the power button.
Accordingly, on the above models, a long press on the power button no longer calls the usual menu with options, which include items such as shutdown, reboot and activation of emergency mode. As you may have guessed, the key combination previously intended for taking screenshots is now responsible for this action.
A reasonable question arises: then how to take screenshots on modern Samsung smartphones? As it turned out, the same buttons: to take a screenshot, you should quickly press both buttons and immediately release them, and to call the context menu you should hold the buttons for several seconds.
Method 2. Volume control and power button
The second step-by-step instructions will be suitable for gadgets released after 2017, starting with the Samsung Galaxy S8 phone model:
Which action will work. depends on the model, you can try first just press, then press and hold.
Method 3 Gestures
In most modern Samsung phones a screenshot is made with gestures. The function is inactive by default. You can activate it in the control settings, under “Palm Control”.
To take a screenshot in this way it is necessary to pass the edge of the hand on the display from left to right or vice versa.
Palm Screen Recorder
This is a special device from Samsung smartphones with which you can take a screenshot by sliding the palm of your hand across the screen.
Open the “Advanced Features” section.
Take a screenshot by swiping the screen from left to right or right to left.
Pretty interesting way, isn’t it?? A pity, it is not present on all Samsung smartphones.
AZ Screen Recorder
The most convenient application for Android smartphones works with Samsung products: with it the user can not only take screenshots, but also record video from the screen, as well as edit finished pictures.
To take a screenshot with AZ Screen Recorder, you need to:
- Download, install and start the application, five round icons will appear on the left side.
- Go to “Settings” (the gear icon) to set the display of finger pressure, text marks and logo on the screenshots.
- Choose how you would like the screenshot and video recording buttons to appear.
- Specify to the application whether pop-up notifications should be displayed after each new picture.
- Determine a place to automatically save pictures.
- In internal memory (recommended) or on an external card.
- Close “Settings” and click on the green button with a camera icon.
- To temporarily hide the Samsung screenshot creation panel, tap on the diagonal cross to the left of the buttons.
- To switch it on again, click on the half-hidden “video camera”.
- When the screenshot is made, the Samsung owner can close the program by going back to “Settings” and finding the “Exit” item in the side menu.
- Or by tapping on the slanted cross in the notification bar.
The most significant disadvantage of the mobile application is the impossibility to set the format of the saved screenshot (by default it is PNG, which provides excellent quality and takes up little memory space) and its size: the width and height of the image will correspond exactly to the number of pixels on the screen.
Slightly less stable, but more functional application that allows you to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy and any other Android device. Using it is much easier than finding a lost phone; it’s enough for the owner:
- Start the program and select the Settings section.
- Moving through the “Settings” sections, set the transparency and size of the widget on the screen.
- The way to take a screenshot on Samsung: by pressing the button in the notification panel (default), on the widget or by shaking the device (does not work too well).
- Notification of a successful screenshot in the form of a pop-up notification, status bar text or vibration.
- Capture area: the whole screen, without the notification panel, without the button bar or both.
- Quality and format of the image to be saved: it is recommended to leave the default, PNG.
- The place where the screenshot will be saved.
- Now, once back in the main window of the program, the user can safely press the Screen Capture button.
- To the camera icon on the widget.
Tip: To close the application, simply tap on the oblique cross in the same place.
Multi-action Home Button
The main purpose of the program is to display a Home button at the bottom of the screen, which is especially useful for devices with a physical key. You can also take screenshots:
- User launches the application and selects Actions, Action on double click or Action on long click.
- In the menu that opens, click on the line Screenshot.
- Now, by double tapping or pressing and holding the illuminated key at the bottom of the screen for a while, the user will be able to take screenshots. quickly and easily.
Important: Pictures taken in this way are saved in the Screenshots subdirectory of the Pictures directory in the internal memory.
Using third party apps
Of course, you can also use third-party applications if you need to.
As an example, we put a button on the display to take screenshots and use it.
The app is shown as an example, you can use another to your liking.
How to take a screenshot of a selected area or record a GIF
You can take screenshots of selected areas as well as record a GIF image with the “Select and Save” tool for curved screen edges. They must be enabled in the Display Settings Curved Screen Edge Panels in this item add the “Select and Save” tool to the sidebar.
To take a screenshot of a chosen rectangular or oval area or to write what is happening on the screen into a GIF file, open the sidebar by swiping from the right edge of the screen, then select the desired function and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy phone: using buttons, apps and computer
A general instruction on creating screenshots on Android devices, published on the site last year, provided a superficial look at how to create screenshots on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets. And during the work on this guide I managed to go deep into the topic and describe the process of making screenshots on example of different generations of Samsung phones.
The possibility to take screenshots with the means of the OS first appeared for users of smartphones running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Early versions of Android did not support Screen Capture at the system level, so mobile device manufacturers had to create their own solutions.
Independent developers have not been spared and have released dozens of applications and computer utilities. As a rule, to use the former you had to obtain root rights. The latter required a PC or laptop (to capture an image from the phone via USB using a special program installed on the computer).
With the release of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich the situation improved. this version of Android now supports screenshots using the operating system means. A single key combination was invented for the function, and to this day works on the vast majority of smartphones and tablets running different versions of Android (including Android 10 and 11). Only some mobile device manufacturers, including Samsung, have replaced the key combination recommended by Google engineers with their own.
With the passage of time, during which technology has been constantly evolving, the new models produced by Samsung have been deprived of the usual hardware and touch buttons (“Back”, “Home”, “Menu”), as a result of which the combination of keys, by which screenshots are taken, has been changed several times. In addition, with the release of the graphical shell Samsung Experience, which was replaced by One UI, and later One UI 2.0, Samsung firmware has acquired a number of functions for creating screenshots (including long ones), as well as their subsequent processing.
In addition to the capabilities of the operating system, you can create screenshots in at least two other ways: thanks to dozens and even hundreds of universal applications from third-party developers (not to be confused with programs that require Super User rights, which we talked about a few paragraphs above) and using the ADB utility, connecting the Android-device to your computer via USB. Both methods will be also considered within this instruction.
Screenshot features for different Samsung models
A little bit above, we explained how to take a screenshot with the voice assistant, and you may have noticed that on some models, turning on the feature is different. This is a common problem with devices from this company: settings vary by model.
- The most universal way to make a screen saver is with the volume and power buttons. This option works on all versions since 2015, including the Galaxy A5 2016 and Duos.
- To take a screenshot of a Samsung screen on a pre-2015 device, you’ll need to press “Back” and “Home” on the body at the same time. This applies to smartphones with mechanical buttons on the body, including the J series: J1, J2, J3, J5.
- Models released between 2015 and 2018 trigger the desired function with the off and home buttons.
- Only the latest Galaxy series flagships with a rounded screen can take a screenshot with the palm of your hand. Also the method works on A 32, A 71, A 52.
In Android 4.0 and above there is a universal option that works on any firmware version. To take a picture of the screen, just hold down the lock / power and volume down keys for 1-2 seconds.
Note that the location of the buttons depends on the design of the device
When the screenshot is created, you will hear a distinctive click resembling a camera shutter. This universal method works on smartphones from almost any manufacturer.
How to take a screenshot on your Samsung smartphone.
One of the frequently used functions of a smartphone is a screenshot. screenshot). Why, it seems, when you can see everything on the screen as it is? It turned out that this simple feature of the phone at times very helpful, and it can be: a snapshot of the map in the description of the route to the object (stores, offices, travel route or detour), information from the Internet on an important issue for you, including various charts, an address with the phone, taken from the screen Kontakt any firm, and such cases a lot.
And the function is in demand precisely because it’s done in one go, and it’s very easy to use.к. it (the screenshot) stays in the memory of your smartphone forever, or at least until the first factory reset.
How to see a screenshot on Samsung
After the screenshot is made in the upper panel, the appropriate icon appears (see picture). Pull down the shutter and open the photo.
Screenshots are saved in a special folder in the gallery, you can always find them there. Simply open it on your smartphone. Depending on your device, this folder will have a different name. Also, applications save them in special directories. Usually you can change it directly in the settings, some allow you to use your SD card as storage, which can be quite handy.