Sync contacts with Google
Then you ask: “Is there an alternative?” Of course there is, it is very “beloved” by Google Apple. The platform independent service Gmail is devoid of all these annoyances. Once the settings have been made, you can automatically sync your iPhone contacts without fear for phonebook entries. Except for you, no one will have access to it. And besides, in Google, you can restore your contact list as of any time in the past 30 days.
How to sync iPhone contacts (correct way)
After writing an article on how to transfer contacts from android to iPhone, I was frankly surprised by the results of the survey. It turns out that more than half of users store contacts only on the phone.
Perhaps many do not attach any importance to this, but I will say from experience. Between the second and third recovery of the notebook, the thought comes that I am doing something wrong. There can be a lot of reasons for losing records, from an unsuccessful update or jailbreak to a banal loss of your phone. Therefore, this article is for those who have reached enlightenment.
Apple seemingly provides users with a convenient system for storing their records and phone book. It is tied to the iCloud cloud storage. And here, as they say, all the shortcomings follow from the positive sides. Namely:
Disadvantages of syncing contacts with iTunes and iCloud
- By giving your account to someone to install programs, you immediately give him access to the phone book, because App Store and iCloud login details are the same.
- If you decide to change your iCloud account on your device, you will lose access to your phone book. Your contacts will be downloaded from the new iCloud.
- If you accidentally deleted someone’s contact, then you can restore it only by restoring a backup.
- And if you made a new entry in the phone book, then in order for it to be archived, you need to sync with iTunes.
Create a Google account
First of all, you need to create a Google account. If you don’t have it yet, you can do this by following the link accounts.google.com The account provides access to all services, including the Gmail mail service.
- Log in to Gmail via the context menu.
- Click on the Contacts link below the folder list on any Gmail page.
- This is where your notebook will be stored.
Sync Contacts with iPhone
Now we will set up the synchronization of contacts from the iPhone to the created Google account.
- Open the iPhone Settings app.
- Click “Mail, Addresses, Calendars”.
- Open the “Add Account” menu.
- Click on the Google logo.
- Fill in the fields:
Name: Enter your name.
Email: Enter your Google account email address.
Password: Your account password.
(Note, if you have enabled two-step authentication, then you need to create a password as described here.)
Description: Enter the name of the account, for example “Google Book”.
- Click Next at the top of the screen. And make sure On is selected in the “Contacts” line.
Now contacts from your Google address book will be transferred to your phone. But we have nothing there now. Need to sync iphone contacts backwards so that everything from the phone is automatically transferred to the Google phone book.
- Return to the “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” tab.
- Scroll down on this tab to the heading Contacts and click “Standard Account”. Click on your Google account.
- Go back to the previous tab. It should be like this:
- Now open the Phone app on the Contacts tab on your iPhone. Synchronization will start automatically.
- All changes made on the phone will almost immediately be displayed in the Google phone book. And vice versa.
How exactly? Fast contact synchronization with Gmail relies on a special vCard transfer method. What is it about?
To quickly transfer phones from email to iPhone, you need to follow all the previously suggested steps (up to and including 7). Next, the received vCard will need to be sent by email to the address configured on the iPhone. After. open a document from a smartphone and select “Create new” or “Add to existing”.
Google to iPhone
From now on, it is clear how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail. But what if you need to carry out the operation the other way around? That is, transfer data from “Google” to iPhone?
This is not as difficult as it seems. But, as a rule, the bulk of operations are carried out using a computer. It is more convenient to work with e-mail from this device. How to sync contacts with Gmail on iPhone 6?
It is enough to adhere to the following instructions:
- Open Google. Pass authorization in e-mail from an existing account.
- Click in the upper left part of the window on the inscription Gmail.
- Click on the “Contacts” button.
- At the top of the page that appears, click on the inscription “. / Additional.”.
- Click on “Export.”.
- Mark the contact groups that you want to transfer. In the “Format” section, you must put a checkmark in front of vCard.
- Click on the button labeled “Export”.
- Download the resulting document to your smartphone using any application. Can use iFunBox or iTunes.
From now on, it is clear how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail in both directions. If you want to transfer data from mail to phone, you can use one more little secret.
How to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail? First you need to properly prepare for the procedure. This is necessary in order to avoid crashes or malfunctions.
Before working with Google, you will need to interrupt all previously established synchronization. The correct implementation of the process can be guaranteed only when the work is carried out with only one service.
It is also recommended to close all minimized programs, games and applications. That’s all about preparation. There are no further indications regarding this issue. How to sync iPhone 4 contacts to Gmail?
IPhone to Google
Everything is extremely simple. In fact, even a novice owner of “apple” smartphones will cope with the process. To establish synchronization, the first step is to add a Google account to your phone. This is the only way to bring the idea to life.
What exactly needs to be done? Would need:
- Turn on your mobile device. Wait until it is ready to go. If the smartphone has already been turned on, you need to quit working with previously open programs.
- Go to the “Settings” menu. iCloud.
- Select “Mail, addresses, calendars”.
- In the window that appears, click on “Add Account”.
- Examine the proposed list of services. How to sync iPhone contacts to Gmail? To do this, you need to click on the line Google.
- Enter the requested data. Usually it is about the name / nickname, email address on “Google”, and also about the password. After that, click on the “Next” button.
- Select the data to be synchronized. In our case, this is “Contacts”. You just need to turn the switch located opposite the corresponding inscription to the “On” position.
- Click on “Save”.
That’s all. If everything is done correctly, data synchronization will begin in a few seconds. The operation takes place in automatic mode. The user does not have to perform any additional actions.
How to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail: tips, tricks, instructions
Today we will figure out how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail. It’s no secret that modern mobile devices are closely related to various Internet services. Google accounts on phones and tablets are activated quite often. They allow you to quickly take advantage of the many features of Google. Sometimes the owners of “apple” products need to synchronize their contacts with a “Google”.account. But this process is often accompanied by some problems. Which ones exactly? How to properly sync iPhone with Gmail? All this will be discussed further. In fact, answering the questions asked is easier than it might seem.
Instead of a conclusion
Today we learned how to sync iPhone notes with Gmail, as well as contacts and other data. In fact, everything is much simpler than it seems. The main thing. have an email on google.
There are no more proven and effective ways to synchronize your smartphone with Google. By adhering to the proposed algorithms, you can transfer contacts, notes and calendars to Google mail in a few minutes.
How to create contacts for iPhone in iCloud?
Creating and managing contacts through the iCloud web app is exactly the same as creating your iPhone address book entries (unification). To create a new iCloud contact:
- On icloud.com, enter your Apple ID and password from your iPhone’s iCloud settings and go to the Contacts web app.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the image “” and in the menu that appears, select “New contact”.
- Fill in the required fields and click on “Finish”.
As a result of simple operations, a new entry in the address book will be created, which can later be easily imported into an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
ICloud goes beyond creating address book entries.
- change the order of sorting contacts by Last Name or First Name;
- change the display type from “First Name, Last Name” to “Last Name, First Name”;
- change the format of presentation of the postal address and telephone number depending on the country;
- establish contact as a personal card;
- import vCard contacts (upload files in.vcf format from hard drive to iCloud);
- export vCard contacts (download selected contacts to.vcf file from iCloud to hard drive);
- update contacts.
All the features of the Contacts app in iCloud are available in the main menu.
How to create an iPhone contact on computer?
As you know, using the iTunes media combine, you can synchronize contacts between your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad with a computer based on Windows or Mac OS X. After synchronization, all existing contacts on your PC are imported into the iPhone address book (aka Contacts) and become available directly from devices.
iTunes allows you to sync contacts on iPhone with Microsoft Outlook and Windows Contacts. Let’s consider creating a contact for iPhone in the internal component of Windows OS. Windows Contacts.
- In the main menu “Start” left-click on the name of your Windows account. The “Computer” application window will open with the contents of the “Users” system folder for your account. Universal method: in Windows Explorer (aka Computer), go to the path: \ Users \ (username) \ Contacts \.
- In the main menu of the program, click on “Create contact” and fill in the required fields for the contact and click on OK. A separate file will be created with the extension.contact.
The contacts created in this way in the Contacts folder on the PC can be easily transferred to the iPhone via iTunes.
There is an easier way to create contacts, which can later be imported into the iPhone address book. via the Internet. Using the web application interface from Google and Apple, you can create and sync contacts with iPhone online.
Sync iPhone Contacts to iTunes
- In the navigation pane, go to the “Information” tab and check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:”.
- In the drop-down list, select the program on your computer with which you want to sync iPhone contacts, it can be Microsoft Outlook or Windows Contacts (for Windows 7) and click on click on the “Apply” button.
After the end of the process, the contacts in the application selected during synchronization and the iPhone address book will become identical.
Tip: iPhone treats Outlook and Windows Contacts as a library from where it needs to get data. If you delete data in Outlook, the iPhone will perceive it as updating the library to 0 and during synchronization will erase all data in itself. In this case, when the command confirmation pop-up warning appears, it is better to click the “combine data” button. Then the device is synchronized with the PC in both directions.
How to Delete All Contacts from iPhone?
In order to delete all contacts from the iPhone “in one fell swoop” you can synchronize it with an empty Outlook address book or Windows Contacts. iPhone will interpret such synchronization as zeroing the address book and all entries will be erased from the Contacts application.
- Connect iPhone to Computer and Launch iTunes.
- In the “Devices” menu, select the model of your iOS device and go to the “Information” tab.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:” and in the drop-down list select an application that has no entries in the address book. Previously, you can create a backup copy of the Outlook address book and delete all contacts from the program.
- At the very bottom of the “Information” page in the “Add-ons” section in the “Replace the following information on this iPhone” list, check the box next to “Contacts” and click on “Synchronize”.
You can completely clear the phone book through iPhone restore, but in this case, all user-generated content from the iPhone will be deleted. For jailbroken iPhones, regular recovery is contraindicated, only through SemiRestore.
As you can see, you can manage contacts on iPhone in various ways, both from a computer and through web applications, and it’s quite simple to do this, the main thing is to set up syncing contacts on iPhone.
If you have any difficulties or problems in setting up syncing iPhone with iCloud, Gmail or iTunes, write to us in the comments, we will try to help you.
Sync iPhone contacts with iCloud, iPhone with Gmail
After turning on the function of syncing contacts in iCloud and in the Google account, the exchange of contacts between iPhone and iCloud, iPhone and Gmail occurs automatically every time the device connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi. No additional action is required.
How to Transfer Contacts to iPhone from Gmail?
Google Contacts (Gmail Address Manager) lets you transfer contacts to iPhone without using a computer. The entries saved in Google Contacts are easily transferred and synchronized with the address book of the iPhone when it is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. In order for the process to be carried out without user participation, you need to set up a Gmail account in the iPhone settings.
If you don’t use Gmail for email, you must create a separate CardDAV account to sync contacts from Google Contacts.
- On iPhone, go to Settings. Mail, addresses, calendars and in the “Accounts” section, tap on “Add an account”.
- Because we create a special account to sync only contacts, on the page with preset accounts, tap on “Other”.
- In the “Contacts” section, tap on “CardDAV Account”.
- Enter: server in the appropriate fields. google.com, user. Google email address, password. Google email password, description. a label for the account (can be arbitrary). Tap “Forward”.
- After checking the entered data and connecting to the server, the contacts from Google Contacts will be transferred to the iPhone and will be available in the “Contacts” application.
If you have a Google account and you use Gmail to work with e-mail, there is no need to create a separate account for synchronizing contacts, it is enough to enable contact synchronization in the Google account in the device settings (Settings. Mail, addresses, calendars. Translate switch “Contacts” to the “On” position).
- you must have a Google account;
- you must first import your contacts into Gmail;
- Internet connection required.
How to Transfer Contacts to iPhone via iTunes?
One of the most reliable and proven ways to transfer contacts from computer to iPhone is with iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes, select the model of your device in the “Devices” menu and go to the “Information” page in the navigation bar.
- Check the box next to “Synchronize contacts with:” and select “Windows Contacts” from the drop-down list. You can sync both all contacts and separately created groups.
- At the very bottom of the “Information” page in the “Advanced” section, in the “Replace the following information on this iPhone” list, check the box next to “Contacts” and click on the “Synchronize” button.
After syncing, contacts on iPhone will be replaced with entries from Windows Contacts folder on PC.
How to sync iPhone contacts with Google account
To set up permanent synchronization with Google / Gmail, you need to set up the corresponding profile in the smartphone settings. To do this, you need to go to “Settings”, find the section “Mail, addresses, calendars” in the list of items and find the item “Add account” in it.
Please note that if the smartphone has previously been configured to sync with some other service, then before setting up Google, it is advisable to disable any other automatic synchronization. Correct synchronization is guaranteed only if it happens with one selected service.
In the “Add account” section, you will see a list of services that you can connect to the device to set up synchronization. We select the Google service and in the menu that opens, enter the name (your real name or nickname, which will be used in the signature under emails written from the iPhone), your full Gmail email address, password and name (any name that will be displayed only in the settings phone). Press the “Next” button.
At the next stage, you will be asked to indicate which data will be synchronized between your smartphone and Google services. If you only need synchronization of phone book numbers, then you can safely turn off the rest of the switches and click the Save button.
If the login and password are entered correctly, then in a few seconds the data will begin to sync. The smartphone will do this automatically and will not require any additional actions from you.
Transfer Google contacts to and from iPhone
IPhone users often have difficulty syncing contacts. And due to the fact that the most popular mail service today is Gmail, then, accordingly, many users store all e-mail addresses and phone numbers there.
Another scenario is also possible. you have been using Apple products for a relatively long time and a lot of numbers and entries in the phone book have accumulated in it and you want to transfer them to your Google mail in order to have access to them while writing letters from a computer or just for backup How to set up such synchronization as simply and correctly as possible, we will consider in this article.
How to Transfer Contacts from Google Account to iPhone
If for some reason you have deleted your phone book or you need to add several individual contacts, then you can manually transfer entries from Gmail to your phone or vice versa.
- You need to open your Gmail mailbox through your computer’s browser and in the upper left part of the display, under the Google logo, click on the Gmail inscription. In the menu that opens, click the “Contacts” item;
- Find and press the ” / Advanced” button in the toolbar above the list of names and select “Export” from the list that appears;
- Specify which groups you want to copy or select “All contacts”. Be sure to indicate that you want to save the data in a format compatible with Apple Contacts. vCard. And click “Export”;
- You can save the resulting file in the computer’s memory and later download it to your smartphone using iTunes, iTools, iFunBox or CopyTrans Contacts.
In this case, the easiest way to download the received file to the phone and add all the phone book data with one click of a button is to send this file to the mail configured in your smartphone.
Attach the saved file to the letter and send it by mail. When the email arrives, open it and click on the vCard file icon. Choose one of the two suggested actions. add entries from the file to the existing ones in the phone book, or create new ones.
Do not forget to read the comments, there is also a lot of useful information. If there is no answer to your question, and there is an answer to later comments, then the answer to your question is contained in the article, respect someone else’s time.
It takes very little time and an internet connection to successfully sync your data with iPhone and Gmail. Synchronization methods will be described in detail below.
Using Google Sync
This feature is only available for business, government and educational institutions. Ordinary users need to use the first two methods.
- In the settings go to “Accounts and Passwords”.
- Click on “Add Account” and select “Exchange” from the list.
In “E-mail” write your e-mail, and in “Description”, whatever you want.
Then save and switch the “Mail” and “Contacts” slider to the right.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in setting up synchronization. If you have any difficulties with your account, then log into your Google account from a computer and confirm the entrance from an unusual place.
Bookmark the site Lumpics.ru and we will still be useful to you.
Thank the author, share the article on social networks.
CardDAV provides support for many services across a variety of devices. To use it, you need an Apple device with iOS higher than version 5.
Go to “Accounts and Passwords” (or “Mail, Addresses, Calendars” earlier).
In the “Contacts” section, click on “CardDav Account”.
Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Users of Apple products may encounter the problem of synchronizing contacts with the Gmail service, but there are several ways that can help in this matter. You don’t even have to install any programs and spend a lot of time. Correct setting of profiles in your device will do everything for you. The only difficulty that can occur is the wrong version of the iOS device, but first things first.
Adding a Google account
This option is suitable for Apple devices with iOS 7 and 8. You just need to add your Google account.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Accounts and Passwords”.
- Then tap on “Add Account”.
- In the highlighted list, select “Google”.
Automatically Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail with Google Account
When we sync Google contacts to Android phone, all we need to do is add Google account in settings. In fact, the iPhone also has a similar account management feature in the Settings app. This is the easiest way to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail.
Unlock your iPhone, go to the Settings app and connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, find and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. On iOS 10.3 and up, select Contacts Accounts. Then go to “Add Account” and select “Google”.
When you get to the Gmail account screen, enter your Gmail account and password and set the Contacts switch to ON. You have now completed exporting iPhone contacts to Gmail.
Every time you change or add contacts to your iPhone, the changes will also sync with Google contacts.
Please note, if you don’t want to always update all your contacts in Gmail, just turn off Contacts. Then, if you accidentally deleted contacts on iPhone, you will have the option to restore contacts from Gmail.
Tutorial to Sync iPhone Contacts with Gmail (iOS 14 Supported)
The email address is only for receiving or sending emails?
Today, with Gmail, you can handle contacts that you only made on iPhone in the old days.
Manage iPhone contacts on Gmail as conveniently as possible.
The question arises: how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail to update?
This page brings together 3 effective methods to transfer contacts from iPhone to Gmail.
Keep reading and get a detailed guide.
- Automatically Sync iPhone Contacts to Gmail with Google Account
- How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail Using iCloud
- How to Export iPhone Contacts to Gmail without iCloud (Easiest)
How to save contacts from iPhone to gmail | sync iPhone contacts to gmail
How to Transfer iPhone Contacts to Gmail Using iCloud
As before, iCloud does a good job of backing up iPhone contacts and then exporting iPhone contacts from iCloud and importing contacts to Gmail.
Backup iPhone Contacts to iCloud
Open your iPhone and click on Settings. Find your Apple account at the top and click on it. Scroll down to find the “iCloud” button. Turn on “Contacts” and then your iCloud account will automatically sync iPhone contacts.
Just wait patiently for the whole backup process.
Export iPhone Contacts Backup to Computer
Go to www.icloud.com on your computer. Enter your Apple ID and password. Click the Contacts icon to see all your iPhone contacts.
Select the iPhone contacts you want to sync with Gmail. Click the Settings gear icon in the lower left corner. From the dropdown menu select “Export vCard”.
Log into your Gmail account on your computer (Forgot your Gmail username?), Go to Contacts and select Import Contacts from the left pane. Click the Select File button to select the contacts you downloaded earlier. Click Import to Backup iPhone Contacts with iCloud Successfully.
Tip: Gmail allows you to export contacts in Google CSV, Outlook CSV and vCard formats. But the iPhone address book only supports vCard.
This way, you will be forced to sync all contacts in Gmail, including those unwanted contacts, and the backup process can take a long time if the Internet is down.
How to Export iPhone Contacts to Gmail without iCloud (Easiest)
Regardless of which tool you use, iCloud backup or Google account, you will find that the process requires a wireless connection and you have no chance of choosing to selectively sync contacts with Gmail. To avoid this inconvenience, we offer the easiest way with iPhone Transfer.
It can help you simplify the whole procedure by quickly retrieving individual contacts from iPhone to computer.
Transfer iPhone Contacts to Computer with One Click.
Select specific contacts to sync Google contacts to iPhone.
Manage iPhone contacts like delete, add, edit, merge, etc. Before syncing.
Work on all iPhone devices like iPhone XS / XR / X / 8/7/6/5/4, etc.
Connect iPhone to Computer
Download this software to your computer for free. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone and computer after running this tool.
Transfer iPhone Contacts
Select Contacts on the left ribbon and then select the contacts you want. Click “Export to PC” at the top of the window to save iPhone contacts to your computer. You can also select Toolbox on the left. Click “Back up contacts” to save all contacts on your computer.
Import iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Then you just need to follow step 3 in the second method to import contacts to Gmail.
iPhone Transfer works better than you might imagine.
In this tutorial, we showed you how to sync Google contacts to iPhone. Now you can figure out how to sync iPhone contacts with Gmail. Syncing with iCloud or Google allows you to achieve your goal, but the process is a little time consuming. If you want to get rid of the long procedure, just use the latter method with iPhone Transfer to help you.