Transferring other contacts
If you store contacts locally on iPhone or use a service other than iCloud and Gmail, you can transfer contacts to your Android device using iTunes on your computer.
- Connect iPhone to computer.
- Open iTunes and select the connected device in the upper right corner.
- Open the “Information” tab and mark the item “Synchronize contacts with”.
- Select “Google Contacts” and indicate your Google account.
Done. Also, as alternative methods of transferring contacts, you can use specialized third-party applications that you trust, or a SIM card.
Transfer Music from iTunes
You can transfer tracks from iTunes to the Google Music cloud for free.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is fully synced with iTunes on your computer. In this case, all music from iTunes will also be saved on your computer.
- Downloading Google Music Download Manager.
- Log in to the manager with your Google account, and then, in one click, transfer your entire music library from iTunes to Google. The procedure is so simple that it fits into a 20-second video:
The standard version of Google Music is free, but you’ll be asked to create your Google Wallet to complete the setup. In the future, you will need it to make purchases in Google services.
Transferring Gmail contacts
No further action is required. All your Gmail mail and contacts will be automatically downloaded to your Android device, where you log in with your Google account.
- Open the Google app and log in with your Google account (that is, just enter your Gmail-mail address and password to it).
- Tap on the menu icon, then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and select “Camera and Photos”.
- Select “Startup” and set the switch to “ON”.
Done. Photos have already started uploading to the Google cloud. After a while, your entire photo gallery will be available in the “Photos” application on your Android smartphone, in which you are logged in with your Google account.
If, during the startup process, the iPhone starts to swear about privacy:
- Go to the device settings, select “Privacy”, then “Photos”.
- Set the Google switch to ON.
Transfer iCloud contacts
- We go to the device settings, then “Mail, contacts, calendars”, then “Accounts”. Find iCloud here.
- Open iCloud and turn on the “Contacts” item.
- In the browser, go to Apple.com/icloud, log in with your Apple ID and select “Contacts”. In the lower left corner, click on the wheel, “Select All”, click on the wheel again and select “Export vCard”.
- In the browser, go to gmail.com, in the upper left corner, click on the “Mail” item and select “Contacts”.
- At the top of the interface, we find the “Advanced” button and select “Import”. Click on “Select file” and specify the path to the saved vCard file.
Done. Now all your iCloud contacts have been transferred to Gmail, and you can get rid of duplicate contacts in the same “” menu using the “Find and merge matching contacts” option.
Setting up Gmail mail
No further action is required. As soon as you log into the Android device with your Google account, your Gmail mail will immediately be available in the application of the same name.
Hot tip: Google Account is the key to all Google services. Be sure to strengthen its protection with two-factor authentication.
How to migrate from iOS to Android
Enough tolerating this! Switch to Android. He is cool.
When you ask an iPhone owner why on DO hasn’t bought a Nexus yet, you usually hear vague excuses about music, photos, contacts, mail, and applications. The process of moving from iOS to Android seems daunting and arduous. Not really.
Below is Google’s one-stop guide to migrating from iOS to Android.
Engaging Google: a detailed manual
Another way to copy and transfer contacts from Android to iPhone (for example, 7 Plus) is using Google Contacts.
The action takes place in 2 stages:
All data from Android is sent to Google account. To do this, you need to click the menu “Settings”. “Accounts”. “Google”, then register the login of your personal account and “Synchronize contacts”. If the memory contains a large amount of numbers, the transmission will take some time.
Retrieving numbers from your iPhone account is no more difficult than the previous guide. Only in this case, already on the “apple” you need to go through the following path: “Settings”. “Mail, addresses, calendars”. “Add account”. “CardDAV account”.
Now you need to specify all the requested data and wait a few minutes. After a short time, the iPhone will have a complete list of numbers. The information can be left as it is, or edited at your own discretion.
How to add contacts to iPhone from Android without syncing?
The easiest way to transfer all your phone numbers to iPhone is to use the standard Import / Export menu items. In this case, you do not need to download additional programs or synchronization. How it all goes?
On a smartphone with Android OS, you need to find “Contact” and “Import-Export”. This section has “Export to storage”. Thus, a file in vcf format will be created in the database, which can also be read by devices from Apple.
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone: 3 Proven Ways
The purchase of a new iPhone is a joyous occasion. But before showing off a cool device in front of your friends, you need to fill the contact book of the novelty with numbers from your former smartphone. Since the lion’s share of modern phablets operate on the basis of Android, the article will tell you exactly about the nuances of transferring data between Android and IOS. After studying this manual in detail, it will be possible to move all numbers without loss. So, what software to use to carry out these manipulations?
Move to iOS
A service that will help you transfer all the necessary contacts from Android to iPhone in a matter of moments. Before you start using it, it will not be superfluous to check if there is enough memory on the “apple” device to accommodate all the necessary Android files. After that, both devices connect to Wi-Fi and to power. Well, and then. in order:
It will take less than a couple of minutes to go through these few steps.
After that, you need to start the iPhone and find the line “Transfer data from Android”. A set of numbers will appear on the display of an iOS device, which must be duplicated on Android (a good gadget on this operating system is the Samsung Galaxy J7). The device sync process starts.
After connecting the devices to each other, the user will be offered a list of materials suitable for copying. Here you can select all the items or put “check marks” only in front of the desired files. All. It remains to wait for the completion of the transfer of information. During the process, it is not recommended to “minimize” the software, turn off the Internet or power.
By the way, Move to iOS is developed by Apple. Its release took place simultaneously with the appearance of the ninth version of iOS to the world.
Copy numbers from sim cards
If you want all the numbers from the SIM card to remain in the iPhone:
- Insert SIM card;
- Settings menu. “Contacts”;
- Activate “Import SIM contacts”.
After that, the complete list of recorded numbers will be copied to the device section of the same name.
In addition to the above, there are many other ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone. All of them involve the use of computer programs (for example, CopyTrans) and take much longer. But as an alternative and for additional information, you can master them at your leisure.
As for the listed copying techniques, even a beginner can handle them. You just need to carefully follow the advice of the article and follow the instructions step by step.
How to transfer SIM contacts
I don’t know if it’s worth highlighting the transfer of contacts from a SIM card to a separate item, but questions about this often arise.
So, to transfer contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone, you just need to go to “Settings”. “Mail, addresses, calendars” and below the “Contacts” subsection, click the “Import SIM contacts” button. In a matter of seconds, SIM contacts will be saved on your phone.
Sync Google Contacts to iPhone
The first method is for those who have Android contacts synchronized with Google. in this case, all we need to transfer them is to remember the login and password from their account, which will need to be entered in the iPhone settings.
In order to transfer contacts, go to the iPhone settings, select “Mail, addresses, calendars”, then. “Add account”.
Further steps may differ (read the description and choose what suits you best):
- You can simply add your Google account by selecting the appropriate item. Once added, you can choose what to sync: Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes. By default, this entire set is synced.
- If you need to transfer only contacts, then click “Other”, and then select “CardDAV Account” and fill it in with the following parameters: server. google.com, username and password, in the “Description” field you can write something of your choice eg “Android Contacts”. Save the record and your contacts will sync.
Attention: if you have two-factor authentication enabled in your Google account (an SMS comes when you log in from a new computer), then you need to create an application password before performing the indicated points (both in the first and second cases) and use this particular password when entering. (About what an app password is and how to create one: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en)
How to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone
Purchased an Apple phone and want to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?. it is simple to do this, and for this there are several ways, which I will describe in this manual. And by the way, you should not use any third-party programs for this (although there are enough of them), because you already have everything that you may need. (If you need to transfer contacts in reverse: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android)
Transferring Android contacts to iPhone is possible both online, if contacts are synchronized with Google, and without using the Internet, but almost directly: from phone to phone (almost. because in the meantime we need to use a computer). You can also import contacts from a SIM card to an iPhone, I’ll write about this too.
Move to iOS app to transfer data from Android to iPhone
In the second half of 2015, Apple released the Move to iOS app for Android smartphones and tablets, designed to migrate to the iPhone or iPad. With this application, after purchasing a device from Apple, you can relatively easily transfer all your data, including contacts, to it.
However, with a high probability, you will still have to transfer contacts to the iPhone manually, using one of the methods described below. The fact is that the application allows you to copy data only to a new iPhone or iPad, i.e. when it is activated, and if yours is already activated, then to use this method you will have to reset it with the loss of all data (which is why, I think, the rating of the application in the Play Market is slightly higher than 2 points).
For details on how to transfer contacts, calendars, photos and other information from Android to iPhone and iPad in this application, you can read about Honor in the official Apple guide: https://support.Apple.com/ru-us/HT201196
How to Copy Contacts from Android Phone to iPhone without Syncing
If you go to the “Contacts” application on Android, press the menu button, select “Import / Export”, and then. “Export to storage,” then a vCard file with the extension.vcf will be saved on your phone, containing all your contacts Android and perfectly responsive iPhone and Apple programs.
And then you can do one of the following with this file:
- Email your contacts file as an Android attachment to your iCloud address that you registered when you activated your iPhone. After receiving an email in the Mail app on iPhone, you can immediately import contacts by clicking on the attachment file.
- Send directly from Android phone via Bluetooth to your iPhone.
- Copy the file to your computer, and then drag it to open iTunes (synced to your iPhone). See also: How to transfer Android contacts to a computer (it describes additional ways to get a file with contacts, including online).
- If you have a Mac OS X computer, you can also drag the file with contacts to the Contacts application and, if you have iCloud sync enabled, they will appear on iPhone too.
- Also, if you have enabled sync with iCloud, you can go to the iCloud.com website in the browser on any computer or directly from Android, select the “Contacts” item there, and then, by clicking on the settings button (bottom left), select the “Import vCard “and specify the path to the.vcf file.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
I think that the listed methods are not all possible, since contacts in the.vcf format are quite universal and can be opened by almost any program for working with this type of data.
There are also many programs for Windows and Mac that allow you to transfer contacts and other information between Android and iPhone, however, in my opinion, as I wrote in the beginning, they are not needed, because all the same can be easily done manually. Nevertheless, I will give a couple of such programs: suddenly, you have a different view on the appropriateness of their use:
- Wondershare Mobile Transfer
In fact, the specified software is intended not so much for copying contacts between phones on different platforms, as for synchronizing media files, photos and other data, but it is also quite suitable for contacts.
Distribution of new, sometimes interesting and useful materials from the remontka.pro website. No ads and free computer help for subscribers from the author. Other subscription methods (VK, Odnoklassniki, Telegram., YouTube, Yandex.Dzen)
Even this site ignores Windows phone. And I decided to try it and did not regret it.
Pavel, I will not ignore, no. Just to write about it, it must be in stock. And I’m only ready on 950xl to use Continuum. But there is no money for it.
Thanks for helping us transfer contacts.!
Thank! Everything worked out. synchronized successfully the first time)
Hurrah! After much suffering, everything worked out!
Deleted contacts on iPhone. And I decided to transfer contacts from android to iPhone. For some reason, it did not work through the cable, through the programs. But to save the file, send it to mail and upload it to the iPhone IT WORKED. THANK! Now we need to transfer messages and notes) I went further digging))
Thank you so much! It turned out so easy thanks to you)
If for some reason you need to switch from iPhone to Android, the question of how to transfer contacts will certainly arise. This is important information that is in the gadget in a large volume. it is simply impossible to rewrite everything. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this, so it is better to follow the civilized path or the path of least resistance. We reveal the secret of how to transfer contacts from “iPhone” to “Android”. a few simple and understandable ways. These methods are suitable for those people who are accustomed to quickly solve any problems related to gadgets.
How to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android (Without PC or Apps)
The first option involves synchronizing the phone book via Gmail. That is, the data will be visible in the Google account from different devices. Find a subsection through the menu of your iPhone where you can create a Google account, if you don’t have one yet. It will certainly come in handy in the future. When registering, all items that are necessary for synchronization are indicated. The system will automatically copy the necessary data to the account from the phone. Tip: immediately after that, log into your account via a PC and make sure that the required data has been copied.
After that, you need to transfer the previously saved information already to the device with the “Android” OS. Also, go to your Google account from it, select the items to be copied, and get the result. This option will not take long, and will also come in handy in the future. The account can be used to synchronize different information from different devices.
Another simple option, which also requires an account, is to move through iCloud. This service must have an account, and you also need an Apple ID. Use the capabilities of the service to copy the information you need. To do the most important thing, you need to find in the settings such a menu item as Export vCard: this function will help us make a copy. The system will place the necessary information on the hard disk of the computer, having previously combined it into one file. He interests us. The file must be downloaded to Android, in the main, root folder. Next, you should open it (do not be alarmed if it is empty), click “Import / Export” and specify the path for copying. We recommend choosing an SD card, choose the phone itself for storage location.
An even easier way for those who love all kinds of functional applications. You need to go to the App Store and download the My Contacts Backup program, abbreviated as MC Backup. You just need to go into the application, click the Backup button, and the program will automatically create a file for you in the required format. You can send it to yourself for soap. Then, from the Android device, you also need to go to the mail, download the existing file and import it into the phone book.
Another pretty handy and simple program is Bump. She will also help to achieve the desired result without unnecessary actions. You need to install this application on both phones and run it with geolocation activation. Then on the “iPhone” we open the phone book and select the numbers for transfer, calculate the device for transfer (second phone). Then click Connect in the dialog box. click and wait for the numbers to appear on the second device. This will happen pretty quickly.
We hope that these proven methods will help you cope with the task quickly and without unnecessary problems. Good luck!
What you need to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android?
Whichever method we choose to transfer contacts from iPhone to smartphone running android we may need:
If you are going to transfer a contact using iCloud, then you must first activate the synchronization of the phone book, for this you need to do the following:
- open iPhone settings;
- select the “iCloud” menu item;
- activate the “contacts” item with the slider.
Apple has not implemented the ability to directly transfer the contact base from the iPhone to the computer, but using software it can be done. There are at least three programs for saving contacts on your computer. It is iTunes program, iCloud cloud service and using UltData program. We described above how to save a contact list using iTunes and the iCloud cloud service. Let’s consider how to save a contact base using the UltData program. To save the data, do the following:
- run the UltData program on the computer;
- connect iPhone to computer via USB cable;
- select “Recover from IOS device”;
- choose what types of information we need to save, such as contacts, photos, notes, and so on;
- choose the save format;
- we save the data;
- we connect a smartphone running an android;
- we copy data to the smartphone;
- run the file for execution.
Quick Share app
To transfer the contact base from iPhone to Android phone using the Quick Share application, take the following steps:
- run the application on both devices;
- enable geolocation so that devices can find each other;
- choose what types of data we want to transfer;
- select the device where to transfer;
- confirm the transfer;
- wait for the end of the transfer.
My Contacts Backup app
To transfer the contact list from iPhone to Android smartphone, take the following steps:
- launch the My Contacts Backup application on the iPhone;
- give permission to access contacts;
- click on “Backup”;
- waiting for the end of the formation of the list of contacts;
- click on the “Email” button and in VCF format send the results of the program to your mailbox;
- open your mailbox on your smartphone;
- download the file with the contact base;
- launch the file for execution;
- waiting for the installation of the contact base.
In order to transfer your contacts from iPhone to another device running android, you need to follow this procedure:
- launch the Yandex application on the iPhone;
- in the window that opens, enter your Apple ID login and password;
- the application will show you a unique pin code that you need to remember;
- open Yandex applications on a smartphone;
- go to the settings (bottom left as dots);
- select “Moving from phone to phone”;
- enter the unique pin code shown on the iPhone;
- click “Start transfer”.
And we are waiting for the application to automatically transfer your contacts from iPhone to smartphone.
In order to transfer the iPhone contact base to Android, using CardDAV, we need to follow these steps:
- launch the CardDAV application and select CardDAV from the list of accounts;
- enter p02-contacts.icloud.com as a server;
- enter your Apple ID account information;
- enter any account name;
- check the box next to the item “Synchronize only from server to phone”;
- click “finish”.
Translating contacts into a spreadsheet and sending via mail
To create a contact table, we will use the iCloud cloud service. To do this, we need to do the following:
- on a personal computer, in a browser, in the search bar, you need to enter iCloud;
- log into the service using the Apple ID login and password;
- select the item “Contacts”;
- wait for all numbers to load;
- select all numbers;
- click on “Export vCard”;
- we send the received file to our mailbox;
- go to your mailbox from your smartphone and save it on your phone;
- open the saved file with contact information.
Transfer Data from iPhone to Android
If you need to transfer other information, including multimedia files, read the details in a separate article.
Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
Section: For beginners, Data transfer Date: 01/05/2017 Author: Alexander Moiseenko. Comments: 0
Let’s look at 5 ways to transfer contacts from iphone to Android simply and quickly. Have you decided to change your operating system? Have you bought a new smartphone or need an Android device to work? In both cases, you need to transfer contacts to a new device, which is not so easy for some users. We offer simple ways to quickly transfer data from the iPhone phonebook to a smartphone with the Android operating system (see the photo and video clip below).
Transfer Contacts to Android via iTunes
If, when transferring the phone book, you need to save extended contact data: photos, e-mail, additional numbers or notes, you need to save contacts using iTunes. You will also need a computer with the installed program.
The procedure for transferring contacts is very simple:
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect Apple smartphone to PC using a sync cable.
- Select device in iTunes for details.
- In the displayed list, select the item “Information”.
- Mark with a tick in the item “sync contacts” that appears on the right. In the drop-down list, select the item “Google Contacts”.
- Enter your Google account information and confirm the action. Allow syncing phone contacts in Android.
The main advantage of transferring contacts via iTunes is saving records with extended information that does not need to be filled in manually. Disadvantage. requires a computer with iTunes installed.
Transferring Contacts to Android Using the My Contacts Backup App
This method of transferring records from iPhone to Android is similar to the previous one, and to export, an iphone smartphone and the installed My Contacts Backup program are enough. Users will also like the method due to its simplicity, as well as the absence of the need for a computer.
The procedure for exporting contacts from iphone to Android is as follows:
The resulting directory file must be sent to the Android device and run to import contacts. If the automatic recovery process does not occur, the previous section describes how to import manually.
The advantage of the method is its ease of use. In addition, no computer or Google services are required. Disadvantage. the free version of the application allows you to save up to 500 contacts. Full version required to remove restrictions.
The advantage of manually transferring contacts is simplicity. The user does not need to use a computer or additional programs. It is also a convenient way if you want to forward only certain contacts.
The disadvantage is sending one number at a time. As a result, the number of entries in the phone book affects the time of transferring contacts. Therefore, this method of transferring contacts from iPhone to Android is recommended for users with a small base of phone numbers.
Export iphone contacts via iCloud
If there are no Google services on your Android device or do not work for some reason, the two methods described above will not work. Then it’s rational to export contacts using iCloud. The service will allow you to get a copy of the phone book in a file with which it is easy to import contacts into an Android smartphone or tablet.
This requires the following series of operations:
- Make sure that the contact sync option is activated on the device. To do this, you need to go to the iCloud item, in the settings section. The switch opposite the “contacts” item must be active.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to www.icloud.com. Enter Apple ID details and sign in to iCloud.
- Click on the “Contacts” shortcut. In the list that appears, select “All contacts”.
- We select the list of numbers. If you need to copy the contacts of the entire phone book, click on any number from the central column and hold down the CTRLA keys on the keyboard if Windows is used or CMDA if it’s MAC.
- Next, click on the shortcut in the form of a gear and select the item “Export vCard” in the list, after which the file will automatically download to the computer disk.
The downloaded file must be transferred to the Android memory card of a smartphone or tablet, and then run from the file manager. Contacts will be automatically imported into the phone book. If this did not happen, then you need to open the “Contacts” application, select Import / Export from the drop-down list. Next, select the import source: from an SD card or external media. After select save to phone.
The advantage of this method is to transfer contacts to a device with missing Google services. Among the shortcomings, one should highlight the presence of a computer with an Internet connection.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to Android
Hello everyone, dear readers. In today’s post, I will tell you how quickly and painlessly, for your mobile gadget, you can transfer contacts from an iPhone to a mobile device based on the Android operating system.
If you, suddenly, for some reason, decided to switch from iPhone to smartphone based on Android OS, or simply decided to use an Android gadget, then you, quite naturally, will have a question and need to transfer data and contacts from iPhone to Android device. There are several ways to make a transfer. We will consider each method in more detail separately.
So, get your mobile gadgets ready, let’s start the transfer process. I also recommend that you immediately prepare a personal computer, as well as a USB cable for transferring files with contacts to your mobile device running Android.
My contacts backup
It seems to me that the easiest and safest way to transfer contacts from one device to another is to use special software. Such software can be a free program for iOS and Android. My Contacts Backup.
In order to successfully transfer a contact, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Install the free version of My Contacts Backup on your iPhone. You can download the application at this link;
- After installing the application, launch it on your iPhone and make a backup. vCard. It is very easy to do it, just press one button;
- After the program collects contacts from your device, enter an email address and send the configured file with contacts to it;
- Now you need to somehow, in this case download from e-mail, add the created vCard to your Android gadget;
- Open the file previously sent to the mail and import all your contacts to your Android gadget.
As you can see, everything is very simple. But, there are a couple of important points.
Attention: install applications on your gadget only from official sources, otherwise you risk not only not getting the desired results, but also downloading a virus and or a Trojan program to your Android gadget. be careful.
If, for some reason, it didn’t suit you or you just didn’t like the previous program, then you can use another popular one. Bump. To transfer contacts, you need to follow these steps:
- As with the previous program, you need to install the Bump app on both your iOS and Android devices;
- During the installation of the program, you need to confirm the program’s access to contacts on your phone;
- Now comes the fun part. In the program, you need to select the item. select all contacts, then push both devices a little against each other. During this event, contacts will be transferred from device to device.
Let me remind you: install applications only from official sources, in this case the AppStore and Google Play. If you install applications from third-party sites, you can harm your device. According to statistics, 90% of all pirated applications are infected with viruses.
Another way to transfer contacts is to use the cloud storage service. iCloud. To use this method, follow these steps:
- Check if you have an iCloud account. If there is no account, then start one, otherwise the migration of contacts will not work;
- Now go to iCloud in the web interface (through a regular personal computer) and go to the “Contacts” section;
- Select. select all (Select All), in the drop-down list you need to select the item. Export vCard;
- With the above operation, you export a file with vCard contacts to your personal computer;
- You need to transfer the resulting file to your Android gadget and import contacts to devices.
It seems to me that this method is a little more difficult than the previous methods for a week, but, nevertheless, it is also not so difficult. So use.
Well, and finally, another interesting and easy way to transfer contacts from device to device. The way is to use mail from Google. Gmail. So let’s get down to porting, follow these steps:
- Set up Gmail mail on your iPhone (if you have not yet configured it) and in the mail settings check the box. sync contacts;
- Now you need to turn off. if enabled, sync with iCloud, without deleting contacts;
- Set Gmail as default in your account settings;
- After the phone book is synchronized with Gmail, you can download it from mail to your Android gadget.
For today I have everything, I hope this note helped you in the correct transfer of contacts from your iOS gadget to a mobile device running the Android operating system. I would be very grateful if you would share this useful note in your accounts on popular social networks.
If you know of any other interesting way to transfer contacts from device to device, you can share this method in the comments to this post.
The following topics may be of interest:
Easy Way to Transfer Photos Directly from iPhone to Android
To transfer an array of photos from iPhone to Android device, connect iPhone to PC. You can now access your iPhone’s disk storage and photos in the DCIM folder, and transfer them directly to your USB-connected Android phone or first to your computer.
Likewise, you can sync music to your PC. And from a computer, you can simply transfer it to any smartphone with another operating system.
IPhone to Android
Transferring data from one smartphone to another is no longer a problem. the systemic move from iOS to Android is child’s play. well, at least almost.
Of course, you can transfer all important data, such as contacts, messages, music and videos, but it is not possible to copy system applications to another iOS.
In addition to the classic method of manually moving individual files by copy / paste, a huge variety of applications are available from smartphone manufacturers that are capable of restoring backups from other operating systems. There are also third-party solutions.
Ways to Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
In this article, we will show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android quickly and easily, as well as other data in our example to Samsung Galaxy S7.
IPhone setup tips
Reviews, tips, comparisons of mobile devices
Sync contacts to iPhone via Google
You can sync all contacts from iPhone to Android using your Google account. If you want to use this method, then you need to register an account.
Go to Settings on iPhone and select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” Then in the menu item “account” add your Google account, which you use on your Android mobile device. Choose what data should be synced. for example, all contacts. and make sure you have an active internet connection. In fact, this is the best and most reliable way to quickly transfer contacts to a new Android device. Contacts will be saved on Google servers, and you will be able to use them at any moment from any Android device and computer. Now you won’t lose your contact list from iPhone.
How to Transfer Data to Samsung Galaxy
Manufacturers such as Samsung and Sony offer their own programs for transferring contacts from iPhone to Android and other data. The software interfaces are mostly clear. connect your smartphone to your computer, select the desired iOS backup for recovery and import it. Below we will look at how to transfer data using the Samsung app in several ways.
Samsung provides its customers with a Smart Switch program that can transfer the contents of an old phone to a new Galaxy model, that is, import data from a different operating system.
There are 3 ways to transfer iOS content to Galaxy: import from iCloud cloud, direct USB connection to iPhone or computer.
Import via iCloud: In the iOS settings on your iPhone, under iCloud, select the data you want to copy to the cloud. To transfer them to your new Galaxy smartphone, download and install the Smart Switch Mobile app on it. The current flagship Galaxy S7 has this app already built into the system.
Launch Smart Switch Mobile and select “iOS Devices”. At the same time, none of the devices need to be connected via USB, import from iCloud will be launched automatically, for this you do not even need to log in with your Apple ID account. Select content and click on “Import”.
With Smart Switch Mobile, you can import contacts, calendar, photos and videos directly from iCloud or from iPhone to Samsung via USB (OTG) connection.
Via USB: Transferring data from iPhone to Samsung via USB works in the same way as import from iCloud. Only in this case, the devices need to be connected to each other via USB via an OTG adapter (adapter). For Galaxy S7 it is included in the box.
Download and install Smart Switch Mobile on Android and select “iOS Devices”. The program will scan the contents of the iPhone and then copy the selected data.
Important: iPhone should not be password-locked via iTunes, otherwise you won’t be able to transfer contacts, music, videos, etc.
Via PC: First, you need to make sure that your iPhone has been backed up locally to your computer using iTunes. Also check if it is password protected.
Then download Smart Switch to your Windows or Mac computer and launch it. Connect your smartphone and click on the Restore button in the Smart Switch application, then on the “Select another backup” item. Open iTunes Backup, select the appropriate iOS backup and mark the content to back up. contacts, bookmarks, photos, videos, and app list. The list can be viewed when Smart Switch Mobile is installed on a Samsung phone. the program will show iOS applications corresponding to the Android list that can be installed on the Galaxy.
Transferring data using third-party programs
Third party applications serve as a file converter between different operating systems.
You can transfer contacts, SMS messages and multimedia files to a new phone using the paid and fairly functional MobileTrans program. Only 5 contacts can be transferred in the free test version.
First, install the program on your PC. Connect iPhone and Android to computer via USB and launch MobileTrans.
Requirements: iTunes must be installed on your computer so that you can transfer data to iPhone. In addition, activate the “USB Debugging” function on Android, which is located along the path: Settings. Developer options. Debugging.
In MobileTrans, select the data to copy. Note that using this program you can transfer any data. Click on the copy button and MobileTrans will transfer everything selected from your smartphone from iOS to Android.
Four Ways to Transfer Contacts from iPhone
Tired of iPhone, want to change mobile platform, or need a second Android / Windows Phone smartphone? Today we are going to share how to quickly transfer contacts from iPhone to Android (or other OS). Four universal ways to help you export your contact book.
Note. Before starting the export, make sure that contact sync is enabled in the settings. Open Settings. iCloud and turn on the slider next to Contacts.
This method requires a laptop or computer with a full-fledged browser (preferably using Safari). The attached screenshots are in the order in which you want to export.
- Open the iCloud website and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select Contacts from the suggested icons. Wait for the contact list to finish loading.
- Highlight any of the contacts (tap once), and then press the key combination CMD A (for MAC) or CTRL A (for Windows), thereby selecting all contacts in the list.
- Click on the gear in the lower left corner and select Export vCard.
- The browser will automatically download the file with the VCF extension, which contains all your contacts. Send this file to a new device and run it. Contacts will be exported to the smartphone memory automatically.
This export option allows you to get a full-fledged offline copy of all your contacts in a small file that is compatible with both smartphones and mobile phones of “past years”.
The considered Method 1 requires a stationary computer or laptop, but if you wish, you can do with the standard iOS browser Safari.
- On iPhone, in Safari, open iCloud.com.
- Click on the Share button (rectangle with an arrow) and find the item Full version of the site.
- The full version of the page will be loaded. Log in with your Apple ID details.
- After authorization, you will be directed to the iCloud menu. Alas, scaling may not work and page navigation will become impossible. To see all the sections, again from the Share menu, select Full Site. The page will reload and you will have access to all elements.
- Open Contacts.
- By clicking on the gear in the lower left corner, tap on the item Select all (touch the item twice). Once all contacts turn blue, click on the gear again and select Export vCard.
- After downloading the VCF file, a new tab will open in the Safari browser. Select Open in and save to any of the cloud services: DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
- On a new device, it is enough to upload a file sent to the cloud storage and export contacts to the smartphone’s memory.
My contacts backup
To export contacts, just follow a few simple steps:
- Install the My Contacts Backup application and after launch, allow access to contacts on the iPhone.
- Press the green Backup button and wait for the process to finish (it takes no more than a few seconds even with an impressive size of the contact book).
- Press the Email button and send an email with the attached VCF file to your email.
- Download the VCF file on your new device from your own mail and run it. Contacts will be exported automatically.
You can also access the VCF file from the browser of the new device by turning on the server on the iPhone in the My Contacts Backup application (Settings. Wi-Fi Managmenent) and opening the corresponding address (in the format: 192.168.1.100:8080). Please note that both smartphones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Another option for exporting contacts to a smartphone running Android, using the iCloud server and the specialized CardDAV application.
- Install the free version of the CardDAV app on your Android smartphone (Download from Google Play).
- Launch the application and select CardDav in the list of accounts.
- Enter the following as the server: p02-contacts.icloud.com. Username and Password. Your Apple ID account details. Click Next.
- Enter any account name and MUST check the box next to Synchronize only from server to phone. Click Finish.
- Synchronization will start and contacts will be automatically downloaded to the memory of your smartphone.
The idea behind this method is to directly export contacts from Apple servers. After examining the settings of the CardDAV application, you can turn on automatic synchronization: when adding a new contact on the iPhone, it will be automatically added to the smartphone running a different operating system.