How to add a screen recording button to Control Center
Adding a (take out) display record button to the Control Center is quite simple. First of all, you need to go to the “Settings”. “Control Center”. “Configure controls” section. You will see a list of available items. You need to select “Screen Recorder” and turn it on by clicking on the green plus next to it. That’s it, now the button has been added to the Control Center (opens by swiping from the bottom up).
If it is not clear how to display the functionality for quick access, look at the instructions just above, everything is detailed there.
How To Record Your iPhone Screen
7 ways to record screen video on any iPhone with or without sound
In this article, we will analyze how to record a screen on an iPhone, regardless of the version of iOs. This can be useful for work, to show the problem on the phone, to demonstrate the gameplay of a game, to record sound, songs, videos, video presentations. Before version 11 of iOs, you had to download third-party utilities, but since September 2017, Apple finally introduced the screencast function as a regular tool.
The instruction is universal and suitable for all models: 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11. 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max.
- By regular means
- How to add a screen recording button to Control Center
- How to record screen with sound
- Instructions for older iOS versions
- Display Recorder
- Using a PC
- On Windows
- Camtasia: Screen Recorder
- Reflector 3
- LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver
- MacOS options
- QuickTime Player
- Camtasia: Screen Recorder
A Cydia utility called RecordMyScreen allows you to record MP4 video from the screen of iOS devices at up to 30 frames per second.
- Support for all devices from Apple, starting with the ancient 3GS, including gadgets with an unofficial version of the platform (jailbreak). This is a big plus for those users who have installed custom firmware that is not officially supported by Apple.
- The application is absolutely free.
- Relevant for owners of old phones. screencast in no way slows down the system.
In order to use this program, you need to download it. Well, it’s very simple to use it:
- Launch Display Recorder and press the REC button. After that, you will see a red stripe on top.
- Next, you need to go to the application, which will record.
- To terminate the process. return to the interface and click on the stop button.
A distinctive feature of this utility is iOS support starting from 6.1. The pluses include automatic encoding of videos in the H264 MP4 format. In addition, you can choose the video quality and display orientation. All files captured by you are automatically saved to the smartphone library.
Display Recorder analog. iREC. It is not much more difficult to work with it:
- Download and install the utility.
- Turn on the application, and indicate the name of the future video.
- Click on the REC button and follow all the actions you want to immortalize in the screencast.
- Finish recording, and select the location to save the file.
A big disadvantage is that the application is paid. You will have to pay 2.99 to use it. But it pays off by the fact that this program supports platforms starting from iOS 7. The application also easily supports iPad and iPod. In addition, the recording of mobile calls or video calls is available in many instant messengers.
Instructions for older iOS versions
Not all iPhone owners have iOS updated to version 11 or higher. So, for example, in older models (for example 4, 4S, 5C) screen recording is done using a third-party utility. There are no standard utilities in this case.
The most famous programs for the ancient iPhones are Display Recorder, iREC and RecordMyScreen. Let’s consider each of them in more detail.
By regular means
Starting with the 11th version of iOS, it became possible to record video from the screen with and without sound, which is called “out of the box”. iPhone captures a display image in the.MOV format. a fairly popular extension that can be played by all players. Codecs from Apple have long been used by all the world’s online services and equipment manufacturer, there are no difficulties.
Recording video from the Iphone screen. basic methods and third-party programs
How to Record Iphone Screen Video with Sound? This question is very often interested in the newly-minted owners of new models Iphone 5s 6 7 8 X. In today’s article I will tell you about various ways to record video from the Iphone screen with and without sound using standard programs and third-party applications.
The best programs for capturing video from the screen Iphone
In the process of working with Iphone phones, it becomes necessary to record what is happening on the screen. This could be home screen actions, letplays, app settings, or an important broadcast. This requires specialized software that you simply cannot find. Now I will tell you about the best apps for capturing video from the Iphone screen.
How to record video from the screen Iphone with sound using built-in programs. step by step instructions
Capturing video from the Iphone screen will help you create a screencast of the gameplay, video instructions or perform other tasks related to capturing what is happening on the display.
Previously, screen recording was only possible with a jailbreak, but now users can launch a screencast using built-in iPhone functions, third-party apps from the App Store, or from their Windows computer, MAC OS.
- To do this, open the iPhone settings and go to the “Control Center” section. Recall, “Control Center” is a menu that opens with a swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. There you can adjust the screen brightness, as well as other commonly used iPhone functions.
- After you have opened the section with the settings of the “Control Center”, you need to go to the subsection “Customize controls”.
- This will take you to a menu where you can customize which items will be available in the Control Center. Here you can add and remove items, as well as change their order. In order to be able to enable iPhone screen recording, you need to add the “Screen Recorder” element.
- Now you can enable screen recording on iPhone. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. Then click on the screen recording button, which looks like a dot and a circle. As a result, a countdown will appear inside the button, and then the button will turn red, signaling that screen recording has already begun. To stop recording, return to the “Control Center” and press this button again.
- Also, when you turn on screen recording, you can open a menu with additional settings. To do this, you need to press the record button and hold it down for a while. As a result, a menu will appear on the screen in which you can enable sound recording from the microphone.
- After stopping recording, the resulting clips can be found in the “Photos” application in the “Videos” album. Using the “Share” button, you can send these videos from the “Photos” application to the cloud storage or by email. You can also connect your iPhone to your computer and upload videos directly, they will be in the same folder as your photos.
Reflector application for recording video from the screen of Iphone and Mac
You can also record video from the iPhone screen using third-party applications. One of them is Reflector. Immediately, we note that this utility is available on the two most popular desktop platforms. Windows and OS X. and has a free version with some restrictions.
Simply put, Reflector emits an AirPlay receiver. And thanks to the Video Replay function, users can display everything that happens on the iPhone on the computer screen. Also, the app has a recording function.
Separately, it should be noted that Reflector does not have its own main window. After launch, users can make some settings related to the quality of the resulting image, if necessary, set a password when connecting, etc.
How to record video from the Iphone screen. instructions for beginners
Vidyo. an application for capturing video from the Iphone screen
With the Vidyo app, you can record MOV videos from your iPhone and iPad at up to 30 frames per second. The utility supports work in any application and allows you to simultaneously record sound from a microphone.
The main difference between Vidyo and its counterparts is that the program works on devices without jailbreak. According to the developer, during recording, it has almost no effect on the performance of the gadget.
In addition to recording from the iPhone and iPad screens, the application allows post-processing of the material. The user can add his own sound track, import audio recordings or videos from the library, record his own comments from the microphone. Unique trimming function allows you to accurately adjust the soundtrack.
Vidyo app. for recording for
For the ability to record screencasts on the iPhone and iPad, you will have to pay 300 rubles. That kind of money was appreciated by the developer of an application that is compatible with any devices on iOS 9.
iTools. Screen Recorder Iphone
In the absence of a connection to a wireless network, owners of computers based on the Windows operating system can use the third method. In this case, you need an iPhone, cable and iTools app.
iTools is a fairly popular utility from Asian developers. The app is an alternative to Apple’s iTunes media combine.
But unlike the program from Apple, iTools has wider functionality. For example, it allows you to record screencasts from iPhone and iPad.
How to enable screen recording on iPhone
The need to record the screen on the iPhone does not arise very often. But, if such a need arises, then it is not so easy to implement it, because there are many restrictions on Apple devices. Nevertheless, it is possible and now you will learn how to do it iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6s, 7, 8 and iPhone X.
Enabling Screen Recording on iPhone with iOS 11
If you have iOS 11 or a newer version of the iOS operating system, then you do not need Jailbreak and third-party applications to enable screen recording on iPhone. You can only record your screen using the built-in tools. To do this, open the iPhone settings and go to the “Control Center” section. Recall, “Control Center” is a menu that opens with a swipe from the bottom edge of the screen. There you can adjust the screen brightness, as well as other commonly used iPhone functions.
After you have opened the section with the settings of the “Control Center”, you need to go to the subsection “Customize controls”.
This will take you to a menu where you can customize which items will be available in the Control Center. Here you can add and remove items, as well as change their order. In order to be able to enable iPhone screen recording, you need to add the “Screen Recorder” element.
Now you can enable screen recording on iPhone. To do this, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center. Then click on the screen recording button, which looks like a dot and a circle. As a result, a countdown will appear inside the button, and then the button will turn red, signaling that screen recording has already begun. To stop recording, return to the “Control Center” and press this button again.
Also, when you turn on screen recording, you can open a menu with additional settings. To do this, you need to press the record button and hold it down for a while. As a result, a menu will appear on the screen in which you can enable sound recording from the microphone.
After stopping recording, the resulting clips can be found in the “Photos” application in the “Videos” album. Using the “Share” button, you can send these videos from the “Photos” application to the cloud storage or by email. You can also connect your iPhone to your computer and upload videos directly, they will be in the same folder as your photos.
How to Record Screen on Old iPhones
If you have an old iPhone and cannot update to iOS 11, then you can use alternative screen recording methods. For example, you can record your iPhone screen using AirPlay technology. As you know, AirPlay allows you to transfer images from your smartphone screen to other devices. And if you transfer the image to a desktop computer, then it will be possible to record it already on the computer using any program. The only tricky part is getting the picture to be received with AirPlay. To do this, you need to install a special program on your computer. For this purpose, programs such as Reflector, AirServer or LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver can be used on the computer.
MacOS users have another option. screen recording with QuickTime Player. To do this, you need to connect the iPhone to the computer and allow access to it by confirming the request “Trust this computer?” After that, you need to launch QuickTime Player, open the “File” menu, go to “New video” and turn on “Record the screen of a mobile device”.
Also you can record screen using iTools program. This program is a whole set of utilities for working with iPhone and other devices from Apple. Among its features is the function of mirroring the screen to a computer. To enable this feature, you need to open iTools, connect your iPhone via cable, and enable Real-Time Desktop in the Toolbox tab. After that, to turn on the iPhone screen recording, you need to click on the Record button.
How to record video from iPhone and iPad screen without jailbreak and computer
Every owner of an iPhone or iPad at least once had a need to record a video from the screen of the gadget. Before iOS 11, the whole process took a long time, as it required installing additional software or connecting to a stationary computer. In this article, we will talk about the existing methods of recording video from the iPhone and iPad screen without jailbreak and computer.
How to record video from iPhone and iPad screen
Open the Settings app on an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later and select the Control Center section.
Go to the “Customize Controls” menu, select “Screen Recorder” and click on the green plus sign.
Starting with iOS 14, the “Customize controls” item has been removed and the controls are located in the main menu of the Control Center section.
Close the “Settings” application and call the “Control Center” by swiping up the screen, after which a new icon will appear for recording a video of the screen. Long press (also works on iPhone 5s and iPhone 6) on the icon to bring up a menu that allows you to control the screen recording settings (for example, activate the microphone during recording).
Click on “Start Recording” and the survey will start. While the recording is in progress, you can safely use your gadget. Shooting will be indicated by a red strip at the top of the screen.
When finished recording, click on the red indicator, and then on the “Stop” button.
The video will be automatically saved in the standard library of the Photos application.
No ratings yet. Be the first to rate.
Thank! As always written in clear language.
But, friends, please, explain to me why this program is needed? Screenshot, still understandable, but video
Or am I missing something?
well for example, upload a video on YouTube, with battles on tanks or airplanes. it’s no secret that a “stub” is better than a “bucket” for online games ツ
there is also an easier way: by connecting the device over a wire to MacOS and recording the screen through the QuickTime player
Friends, help with advice I can not download from the site, the download fails.
What to do?
Banned the program. At first I downloaded it, used it for a couple of days, and then the iPhone forbids the launch of this program. Ales, again without screen recording, but to me it’s like a loaf.
It didn’t help at all, he says that you need to download the program for 12 dollars, if I click on no, I don’t want to download it, it just stupidly flies out. Help.
After installation, it shows that you need to install another program for this to work. She costs 12.
Good day to all. The wife of SE. Records video of the screen from some program through the “Control Center” and through a microphone. For some reason, the sound is barely obtained. I process it through Luma Fusion. Probably the program does not give access to the recording. If you do not write through the microphone, there is no sound at all.
What are you lying in the Control Center there is no item Configure controls in general, what can we say about recording screens, this is by the way ios 10 and methods with downloading applications from sites do not work at all, they do not even start loading and in the app store all applications for recording video from the screen are available only on iOS 11, at least some applications simply do not work because on 10 ios there is no screen recording function at all, so delete the article because of misinformation this site was given to me by Google when I wrote how to record a screen on an iPhone ios 10
Options for new smartphones
When using more modern versions of phones, you can do without installing third-party software. Owners of models with iOS 11 and higher, which can run iPhones from iPhones from 5s, just need to use the built-in functions. To capture video, perform the following actions:
- Opens control settings.
- In the ” controls” list, select the screen recording item by pressing the plus sign.
- Exit the settings and start recording from the “Control Center” of the phone.
- Perform all actions that need to be recorded and turn off the built-in utility by pressing the same button again.
A quick click on the start recording icon allows you to turn on saving the screencast without sound. Pressing hard on the screen will open a menu where you can turn on the microphone. Clips are saved in MP4 format with high frame rate (up to 50 fps and above).
How to Record Screen Video of Old iPhone
Owners of older phones, starting with the iPhone 3GS, will have to download a special utility before making a video of the screen on the iPhone. Among the most popular programs are Display Recorder, iREC, and RecordMyScreen. over, if the first two are suitable for officially supported versions of iOS, the latter is designed for jailbreaks.
How to Record iPhone Screen Video
The owner of any mobile gadget, including Apple, may need to record a video from the smartphone screen. that is, make a screencast. How it works on iPhones, we will tell you in our article.
There are several different ways to record iPhone screen video, starting with the very first models released back in 2009. If you have a more recent smartphone, it’s even easier to do this, even without installing additional software. the built-in capabilities of iOS 11, 12 or 13 are enough.
Recording videos using a PC
In addition to using programs downloaded to a mobile gadget, there are ways how to take video from the iPhone phone screen using a computer. over, almost anyone. even with Windows.
An important prerequisite for getting started is the need to connect your iPhone and PC to the same network using a cable or Wi-Fi. Because of this, you will most likely have to be in the same room as the computer to remove the video. But you don’t have to install additional software, the methods are suitable for phones of any model.
The Record My Screen program allows you to record videos not only on old phones, starting with the iPhone 3GS, but also on gadgets with an unofficial version of the platform. jilbreak. Therefore, phone owners who have installed firmware not supported by Apple can also record videos. over, unlike iREC, the program is completely free of charge available on Github.
Before recording a video from the iPhone screen, the program should be downloaded, installed and launched. Sound can be recorded both from the application for which the screencast is being made and from the built-in microphone. The data is saved as an MP4 file at 30 frames per second and can be immediately uploaded to both the photo and video gallery and cloud storage.
Among the advantages of the program is support for iOS 6.1, thanks to which it will run even on old iPhones, not to mention modern models. Due to hardware acceleration, video recording does not slow down the phone. an important feature for owners of old gadgets. Before capturing a video from the screen on the iPhone, the user can manually select the display orientation and the quality of the video.
To work with the application, you just need to download Display Recorder, install it on your iPhone and follow these steps:
- Run the utility and click on the record button. After that, a red bar will appear at the top.
- Go to the main screen or to the program in which the actions will be recorded.
- To stop recording video, return to the application and click on the stop button.
Among the features of the program is support for operating systems starting with iOS 6.1. Other advantages include automatic encoding of clips in the H264 MP4 format, the ability to select the screen orientation and recording quality. The created video is automatically exported to the smartphone library.
Another way how to record screen video on iPhone is to use the iREC app. All you need to do is:
- Download and install the program.
- Launch and specify the name of the future video.
- Click on the start recording button and perform all the actions for which you need to make a screencast.
- Stop recording by choosing to save it to your phone.
The disadvantage of the program is the need to pay 2.99 to the developers. But among the pluses there is support for platforms, starting with iOS 7, on which even such old models as iPhone 4 work. In addition, the application supports iPads and iPods, and can not only shoot a video with sound, but also record conversations on a mobile connection, Skype or any messenger.
For Windows computers
The owner of a Windows PC can take a screenshot of a video from an iPhone by installing third-party software that receives broadcast via AirPlay, a protocol for wirelessly transferring video to other devices. To do this, you can use, for example, the LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver utility, which works with modern versions of Windows (starting from the 7th version). The advantages of this program are free distribution and small size.
To capture video from a mobile device, follow these steps:
- Run the program on the computer.
- On an iPhone connected to the same network, go to Control Center and select Screen Repeat.
- Find the LonelyScreen utility in the list of available devices and applications and select it for video transmission. After that, everything that is done on the iPhone will be displayed on the PC screen.
In order to record videos in Windows 10, the easiest way is to use the built-in options by simultaneously pressing the WinG keys to launch the game bar. A PC user with version 7 or 8 of the operating system will have to install third-party video capture software such as NVIDIA ShadowPlay or Open Broadcaster Software.
IPhone Screen Recording on MacOS
The owner of a MacOS computer will also have to use a special application to capture video from the iPhone. However, unlike a Windows PC, it is already built into the operating system. The procedure is as follows:
- Connect the phone to the computer using a cable, allowing access to the device.
- Launch the QuickTime Player program, which can be found through the search.
- Select the “File” item or a new video recording in the utility menu.
- After turning on the default video recording from the webcam, switch to the mobile gadget by clicking on the small arrow.
- Select the quality of the video and the sound source, which can be a microphone of a computer or mobile device.
- Press the record button to start filming what is happening on the iPhone screen.
Having recorded a screencast, you should click on the “Stop” button in the program and select a location to save the video. In the same way, you can record only audio by enabling audio recording in QuickTime Player and using the iPhone as an external microphone.
Perhaps DU Recorder. the most adequate program for recording video from the screen. It has many advantages: here and completely free functions, and the absence of advertising, and video recording with high quality. The interface is localized into more than 20 languages - Russian is attached, of course.
So what can a program do? First, of course, she can record screencasts, and in various formats, different resolutions, bit rates. The program also supports HD video. The pause and resume function can be very useful. When using the program, you can choose where to save to the card or internal memory.
In addition, using the program, you can broadcast a video to YouTube, or Twitch, edit it, take screenshots and much more.
How to record a screencast on iOS devices
In order to record a video from the screen of your iPhone, you need to do the following. First, you need to go to “Settings” and open the “Control Panel”, then click “Configure Controls”. This menu will open:
Next, you should pay attention to the item “Screen Recording” and press the “” sign to the left of it.
In order to drag the shortcut of an activated function to the main screen, press the Home button and drag the bottom of the screen. A button for creating a screencast will appear in the Control Center, after which it can be placed on the main display. The “Screen Recorder” button looks traditional: a dot in a red circle.
Pressing this button will start recording silently by default, but if you press and hold the button, a menu like this will appear:
In it, you can enable sound recording from the microphone of your smartphone. You can stop recording by pressing the function button again.
An application from the creators of InShot, perhaps the most convenient video editor for Android. Allows you to shoot screencasts and screenshots in HD format, record video calls and watched streams. Nicely free: does not put any watermarks on the video, does not limit the recording time, does not require root.
Video can be exported with customizable parameters. from 240p to Full HD at 1080p, 60fps and 12Mbps. During the recording process, there is a pause, the ability to rotate the screen, a countdown timer. And the captured screencasts can be shared directly from the application on YouTube or Instagram.
How to record video from smartphone screen: Android and iOS
Do you want to record the passage of a stage in a mobile game or webinar on your phone screen? We will tell you how to do it the easiest way.
To share the image on the smartphone screen, just take a screenshot. Sharing a video is a little more difficult. you need to record a screencast. But nothing supernatural: on the iPhone, this can be done using standard OS tools, Android gadgets allow you to use third-party software. We tell you how to act correctly on each of the platforms.
AZ Screen Recorder
And the third practically free program is AZ Screen Recorder. Does not require root, with minimal advertising and no restrictions on the duration of the shooting. It pauses and starts with one tap, can record various formats, including Full HD and QHD. You can also choose any of a variety of bitrates, resolutions, frame rates, force the program to count down, etc. The resulting video can be saved on an SD card or in internal memory, as it is more convenient for the user. The application, however, has various paid features: for example, creating GIFs, drawing on the screen, and there is a button for managing records without logging into the application. These cute additions cost about 100 rubles.
Enable screen recording on iOS
How to set up screen recording on iPhone 5s and newer? In the control item “Configure items” there is a menu that is called “Screen recording”. If you activate it, a corresponding icon will appear at the bottom of the screen, and when you click on it, you can record everything that happens on the device. If you press lightly, the recording will turn out without sound, if you press it more hard, it will sound. Just keep in mind that recording starts after a three-second delay (there is a countdown). The video is saved in the photo gallery.
How to record video from your phone screen
Among the standard options of gadgets on Android there is no such function as recording video from the phone screen; only the ability to take screenshots is provided. In technology from Apple, in the iOS operating system starting from 11, there was an option “iPhone Screen Recorder” with sound.
Screen Recorder. Face Cam Screenshot Capture
Screen Recorder. Face Cam Screenshot Capture. This is a free program that allows you to record screen with music and sounds, you don’t need root for this. Thanks to the floating button, you can record videos from different applications without directly switching between them. There is a pause option, the ability to change the screen orientation and resolution of the sides, and use picture-in-picture if the user wants to organize the broadcast. A video editor is included where you can cut, collage, rotate, duplicate fragments. There is also a gallery of stickers, memes, emoticons and filters to create videos.
Super Screen Recorder
Super Screen Recorder is another answer to the question of how to capture video from the screen without ROOT. Records video without time limit, can take screenshots and convert materials to GIF format. The free version includes a video editor, audio recording, a picture-in-picture option for organizing broadcasts, and a drawing function on the screen. You can also create a personal watermark there. Screen shooting can be done in different resolutions up to 1080p.
Free application; advanced functionality is available in in-app purchases. Screen recording with sound is available. V Recorder allows you to change the aspect ratio of the screen, pause recording, take screenshots. Available: image editor and flexible video settings. In addition to recording, the app provides editing capabilities, clip trimming, speed control, hundreds of free themes, an option to draw stickers, filters and much more.
Programs for recording phone screen on Android
Screen recording of Android devices is impossible without using special programs. Below is a list of such applications. they can be found in the Play Market. Please note: they are listed in random order, not related to the quality, functionality or convenience of a particular program.
Screen Recorder. No Ads
Screen Recorder program. No Ads has a very simple interface. If the question of how to record video from the screen has arisen for someone who recently uses gadgets, he will be comfortable with this minimalistic interface. You just need to start recording, and it will start after a short pause, the time of which is indicated by the countdown. The length of the video is not limited, there is an option to record sound. This recording program has more extensive functionality than it might seem at first glance, although all options are available only in the paid version, but the utility’s price is also low. Root required on Android versions below 5.0.
Where is iPhone screen video stored
The iPhone’s default settings are set to automatically display video files in the Videos section. Therefore, the screen recording will be there.
Third-party iPhone screen recorder apps
There are several apps that allow you to directly record videos on your iPad or iPhone. The first one is Screen Recorder. This is one of the oldest apps. It is easy to operate, but it does its job well. Allows you to record any type of information on the screen equally well. Supports HD video format with clear sound range. Also in this program you can apply additional effects and music.
DU Recorder stands out for its reliability. The application allows you to directly record video and shoot live broadcasts. By the way, while streaming, you can still choose the video quality. There is also a function of protection against illegal actions in relation to video. The application will help you instantly cut out unnecessary frames or, conversely, add the necessary ones.
Display Screen recorder is the same recording application, but with a twist: all video files are stored in one endpoint and can be edited. Also, inside the application itself, you can share videos with other users.
Important! All these applications will be relevant only for users who cannot update their gadget to iOS 11.
How to Record Screen on iPhone. Setting Up
Recording a phone screen in the modern world is a necessity: send business partner information on a deal, explain to friends how to go to some tab, or simply record a video call with a loved one. However, not everyone knows how to record screen on iPhone.
How to Find Screen Recording on iPhone
It is possible to find the screen recording function on the iPhone in the settings or integrated functions only in one case. if the version of the iPhone operating system is iOS 11 generation or higher. In such a situation, the need to use third-party programs automatically disappears.
The screen recording function itself is located in the “Control Center” subsection. With the release of iOS 11, the creators added a tab that opens with a swipe from the bottom to the top of the screen.
In the subsection “Control Center”, select “Customize controls”. After selection, a menu will open where you can add the desired widgets and functions. To be able to quickly record video from the phone screen, you need to activate “Screen Recorder”.
Important! Initially, there is no screen recording function in the “Control Center”, so you shouldn’t look for it there.
What to do if iPhone screen recording is silent
Most users face a similar problem. In vain attempts to find the cause, they get a broken microphone or use third-party applications that heavily load the system. With the release of the fifth model, the engineers decided to introduce two microphones into the device. One of them is mounted between the camera and the flash, it is used when recording sound on video.
First of all, you should check that the microphone is not caught in a case or protective film, because some creators of accessories forget to leave room for it.
Advice! Sometimes you can make a cut in the protective film yourself to leave this place without pressure.
Also, dirt and dust can clog into the slot itself, which significantly reduces the level of reproduced sound.
You should also check if the microphone is connected at all to the video recording. By default, it does not turn on when you record video from the screen on an iPhone or iPad. To do this, when selecting the recording function itself, press the recording activation button. After some time, a context menu will open, below which the “Enable” or “Disable” option for the microphone will be displayed.
How to Record Screen on iPhone
After adding the “Screen Recorder” function, you need to call the drop-down menu of the phone. To do this, you need to swipe your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen. The required icon looks like a bold dot inside a thin circle. After pressing, a countdown will appear on the screen until the start of the recording process. The recording itself will start when the button turns red.
Stopping recording occurs in the same order:
- Called “Control Center”.
- Then you need to click on the video recording button.
Important! This type of video recording is only suitable for modern iPhone models. For older ones, you will have to use other methods.
How to enable screen recording on older iPhones
Unfortunately, not every iPad or iPhone under the Apple umbrella supports the upgrade to iOS 11. In this case, you will need to consider one of the alternative options for screen recording.
Firstly, there is an option to use the proprietary function of Apple products. AirPlay. It allows you to download the currently displayed display picture to other devices. With its help, it becomes possible to transfer content to a personal computer.
This method also has a negative element. for the most part, it is extremely difficult to make high-quality reception of information from the AirPlay function. To establish a connection between two devices, you need to download one of the applications from Apple. Air Server, AirPlay Receiver, Reflector or Lonely Screen. The easiest to use. Lonely Screen.
Important! AirPlay will not work if the PC and the owner’s device are using different network connections. Therefore, the first step is to connect both devices to the same network.
Algorithm of actions for working with Lonely Screen:
- Download the distribution kit. At the end of the first boot, a notification from the internal security system on the PC will appear on the screen. Be sure to confirm the app’s access to all networks.
- Run the program.
- Unlock the phone. Next, you will need to turn on the “Control Center”, in the report menu, select “Screen repeat”.
- After that, a context menu will appear on the phone display, where all currently available devices for streaming will be displayed. If the desired destination is not in the list, it is recommended to check the device connection and network operation.
- In the menu that appears, select the Lonely Screen item, waiting for the end of the synchronization process. After that, an image from the phone screen will appear on the computer screen.
- For further video recording on a computer, you will need to use other programs. The simplest option is the WinG keyboard shortcut (if the operating system is Windows). After activating the hotkeys, the “Open Game Panel” window will appear on the display. To confirm the action, you must check the box “Yes, this is a game.” You can also use other applications. Capture, Nvidia Shadow Play, etc.
An alternative method for recording video from the phone screen is the iTools program. To do this, you need to download it to your computer, install and run it. Algorithm of actions:
- Connect iPhone to computer via USB cable, answering affirmatively to the appeared system message “Trust this computer?”.
- Open the application on your computer and select the “Tools” menu.
- Go to Screen Mirroring.
- The system will display a message stating that the program is launching root mode on the iPhone (developer system).
- Confirm this statement by clicking OK.
- Unlock iPhone. After that, the system itself will start the process of capturing video files on the PC,
- To start recording video, you need to click on the icon with a red circle, in parallel choosing the quality format and the location of the residual files.
- Regardless of the moment of recording, the stream itself can be expanded in full screen on a PC. The final view of the image will be vertical.
iPhone X: How to Screen Record & Enable Audio Microphone : Record Gameplay, Videos, etc
The situation is different with users who have a MacBook. For them, video recording from the screen (regardless of which model. S, SE, X, XR) will be carried out by the internal resources of the system, but connected to a computer.
To do this, you need to use the built-in QuickTime Player utility, which is natively present in any device from Apple. The utility allows the owner to create records and open them after.
Important! The quality of video recording on a PC will differ significantly from Windows, and for the better.
QuickTime connects to any Apple device that has the correct firmware version installed. You will need to do the following:
- Connect your phone to your computer via a cord. When pairing these devices for the first time, you will need to confirm that the device is safe and trustworthy.
- Open the QucikTime Player utility on your computer. The fastest way to search is through the Spotlight assistant. To do this, use the “Command” and “Space” hotkey combination. In the line that opens at the top, you must enter the name of the desired service.
- In the upper left corner there will be a section with a drop-down menu “File” with a subsection “New video”.
- When you first capture the camera, the program will need confirmation to use sound recording elements (microphone and camera in particular).
- After confirmation, the utility will start recording video, but initially the stream will go from the computer’s web camera. You can transfer the shooting to your phone using the upside down arrow, which is located on the side of the recording activation button.
- Next, you will need to select the desired device from which the recording will go.
- After switching functions to the phone, the computer screen will display the same as the smartphone screen. However, if it was not possible to start the process, then it is recommended to unlock the phone again or repeat the process again.
- Screencast will be performed after activating the “Rec” icon. The “Stop” command will end the process.
After the end of the recording, the user will be offered the opportunity to preview it. After completion, you can close the screencast and click on “File”, then “Save”.
If you need professional sound recording on your phone, you can also connect a microphone. You can change the type of recording device in the settings. the item “Define the sound source”. In the same subsection, you can select the quality in which the screen will be recorded.
The final step in the whole process is exporting the recording. The system itself will suggest where to save the video and what name to assign it.
Why iPhone Screen Recording Won’t Save
There are several main reasons. This list should not be considered as an algorithm of actions, rather, as different options for solving the problem:
- The most commonplace method is to reboot the device. There is always a chance of a system glitch.
- If the problem persists, then it is recommended to clear the cache in Safari. To do this, you need to go along the path “Settings. Safari. Clear history”.
- The next step is to reinstall the recording tab to Control Center. You just need to delete and add it to the tab.
- It is also recommended to give up power saving and exit power saving mode while recording video. This can be done by following the path “Settings. Battery. Turn off low battery mode”.
- System incompatibility. Some users intentionally install iOS 11 on their phone in the knowledge that the device will not be able to work. In this case, you need to roll back the system. Go along the path “Settings. Reset. Reset all data”.
- Check the system for restrictions. Follow the path “Settings. General. Restrictions”. After that, the system will ask you to enter a valid iPhone password and scroll through the menu to the most recent tab. At the bottom there will be a term “Screen recording”, if the slider is not active, then the phone screen will not be captured, so you need to move it to the right side.
There are several ways to record video from the iPhone screen. Using any of them, you can easily create screencasts for streaming games and other video designs.
This app lets you record your favorite games, apps, video calls, and screen audio for tutorials and video demos on your iPhone or iPad. After screen recording, the file can also be edited. Toolbox similar to RecPro.
The resulting high-definition video can be uploaded to. YouTube, Instagram directly from the application. The free version has a watermark. Its removal costs 149 rubles.
- RECGoPro. 329 rubles. for one month
- Full resolution. 149 rubles.
The application allows you to record your phone screen with Face Cam in HD quality, and then edit the recording using a lot of software features:
- Insert and edit reactions with audio comments.
- Control playback speed.
- Size 1: 1, 4: 5, 16:18, 16: 9, 9:16, 3: 4, 4: 3, 2: 3, 3: 2, 2: 1, 1: 2.
- Add text.
- Add any of 15 filters.
- Add stickers from ten packs of stickers with many variations for all occasions.
- Rotate video.
- Change background.
- Share directly from the app.
RecPro is compatible with all devices with iOS 11 and above.
- Screen recorder Premium. 399 rubles.
- RecPro Premium. 799 rubles. for one month
- RecPro Premium. 2 350 rubles. for one year
Premium account removes all ads, recording time limits and unlocks access to exclusive features.
Record iPhone Screen Video Using Third Party Apps
You can also record screen video using third-party applications. Why if there is a built-in tool? The fact is that special software allows you to perform post-processing of the material, for example, add your own audio track, import content from the library, record your own comments from the microphone, trim and edit audio tracks.
Record video from the iPhone and iPad screen with built-in tools
In fact, it is easy to record a video of the screen with sound on the iPhone, but this function is not obvious, therefore it requires instructions.
- First, add a screen recording button to Control Center:
Click the green plus sign next to Screen Recording.
- On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right edge of the screen. On earlier models, up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Long press the gray “record” icon and press “Microphone”.
- Click Start Recording and wait for the three second countdown to complete. The status bar or area with the clock will turn red.
- To stop recording, press the record button again or tap the red status bar at the top of the screen and select “Stop”.
- The video is automatically saved and available in the Photos app.
How to record a screen
with sound on iPhone
The article detailed three easy ways to record iPhone screen video with sound
iPhone by default records the screen without sound. But this option is not for everyone. Recording a video instruction with comments or a screencast of the gameplay with an original soundtrack is a demanded task for many users. How to be?
Record iPhone Screen Video Using Computer
Mac owners may find it convenient to record their iPhone screen using a computer. All you need is a cable.
- Connect your phone or tablet to your MacBook or iMac.
- Launch QuickTime Player on Mac.
- Select “File” → “New Video” from the program menu.
- When webcam recording opens, switch it to mobile device screen recording. To do this, click on the arrow next to the record button and select your device.
- Select a sound source.
- Click the record button to start the process. To stop, press the “Stop” button.
- From the QuickTime Player menu, click File → Save.
In QuickTime Player, you can also record your Mac screen. This method will be convenient because the video will be immediately saved in the computer’s memory, where it will be possible to continue working with it.
By the way, you can also record your phone screen from a Windows computer. For this there is a special program LonelyScreen AirPlay Receiver.